PDA

View Full Version : Matt Milano - LB - Boston College

kccrow
03-23-2017, 05:23 AM
Tell me about this kid. I like him, want to hear the thoughts.

kccrow
03-23-2017, 09:20 AM
While we're at it, also give me some thoughts on Jordan Evans of Oklahoma

raybec 4
03-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Alex Anzalone is getting a lot more hype than these guys because of his ability, but I'd rather have Milano. Anzalone was hurt so often he only played 18 games in his college career.

Chiefnj2
03-23-2017, 12:39 PM
I like Bowser

http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/3/7/14839714/2017-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-houston-edge-tyus-bowser-has-limitless-potential

ptlyon
03-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Allysa's brother?

raybec 4
03-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Allysa's brother?

That would be reason enough to draft him.

http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2016817/rs_600x600-160917205736-600-alyssa-milano-mv-91716.jpg

iSavedLatin
03-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Milano is a 'go get the ball' kind of guy. He's a max effort backer who loves to hit and deliver. With that being said, he's small. Probably too small. He get engulfed by blocks, lacking the length to keep blockers off of him and struggles to disengage. He's a developmental guy who could really excel on special teams. I've watched enough tape on him to like what he brings, but understand his physical limitations.

Bowser is really intriguing. I think the flexibility is there to put him in the middle or allow him to rush from the outside. I'd love for the Chiefs to get their hands on him, but I'm afraid he'll be gone before we'd have a chance to pick him up in the 3rd and not sure I'd spend a 2nd on him. He could solve two issues at once, though: ILB and edge rusher.

Dante84
03-24-2017, 12:11 AM
I watched 2 minutes of this video before turning it off, because he looked really bad. Obviously its a small sample size, but yeesh. Whiffs on an open field tackle on a bubble screen, gets de-fucking-stroyed by a lineman, and is generally meh on the other plays.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_mVsM3MqC00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
03-24-2017, 12:14 AM
watched another 2 minutes of it because I felt bad typing that all out.

This has to be the worst game of his career for him to be considered NFL talent.

kccrow
03-24-2017, 01:20 PM
I watched 2 minutes of this video before turning it off, because he looked really bad. Obviously its a small sample size, but yeesh. Whiffs on an open field tackle on a bubble screen, gets de-fucking-stroyed by a lineman, and is generally meh on the other plays.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_mVsM3MqC00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was probably the worst game of his career, although he made a habit of playing poor against VT.

Really hard to form opinions on one game a year though don't you think.

Dante84
03-24-2017, 03:00 PM
It was probably the worst game of his career, although he made a habit of playing poor against VT.

Totally agree; it's the only one up on Draft Breakdown though. I try to avoid highlight tapes because its cherry-picked footage.

If any of his other games are like that though, that makes me nervous. If not, then that's a good thing.

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-24-2017, 03:28 PM

Yes, it's very hard to form an opinion. But that was an embarrassing performance on his part. He didn't look like D1 material, let alone an NFL prospect.

kccrow
03-24-2017, 04:55 PM
Totally agree; it's the only one up on Draft Breakdown though. I try to avoid highlight tapes because its cherry-picked footage.

If any of his other games are like that though, that makes me nervous. If not, then that's a good thing.

Yes, it's very hard to form an opinion. But that was an embarrassing performance on his part. He didn't look like D1 material, let alone an NFL prospect.

Oh there's plenty to be nervous about with him. He doesn't have enough sand in his pants to take on blockers effectively at the next level, but he's intriguing for one reason: special teams. The kid is an absolute ace when it comes to return coverage. He also happens to be a pretty good coverage linebacker. If a team could bulk this kid up and teach him to better take on blocks at the LOS, he could be an effective WILB in a 3-4 but I'm just as worried about his run defense.

As for the watching tape on guys, get creative and watch other players' videos. For instance, if you want to see him play run defense against Florida State, find a Dalvin Cook video against BC and watch him instead.