PDA

View Full Version : News Hadn't seen this reported

Pages : [1] 2

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Sorry if repost

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5LxdVW6AuPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Massive ‘anomaly’ lurks beneath ice in Antarctica

Scientists believe a massive object that could change our understanding of history is hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

The huge and mysterious “anomaly” is thought to be lurking beneath the frozen wastes of an area called Wilkes Land. The area is 151 miles across and has a minimum depth of about 2,700 feet.

Some researchers believe it is the remains of a truly massive asteroid more than twice the size of the Chicxulub space rock that wiped out the dinosaurs.

If this explanation is true, it could mean this killer asteroid caused the Permian-Triassic extinction event, which killed 96 percent of Earth’s sea creatures and up to 70 percent of the vertebrate organisms living on land.

However, the wilder minds of the internet have come up with their own theories, with some conspiracy theorists claiming it could be a massive UFO base or a portal to a mysterious underworld called the Hollow Earth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PZXugPN-4TA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This “Wilkes Land gravity anomaly” was first uncovered in 2006, when NASA satellites spotted gravitational changes which indicated the presence of a huge object sitting in the middle of a 300-mile-wide impact crater.

“To this day, scientists have no idea or way to discover exactly what is buried deep under this thick ice shelf,” the video narrator said.

“This continent has been shrouded in a mystery of its own for years now.”
Secure Team 10 suggested the Nazis built secret bases in Antarctica during World War II, which were designed to be used by flying saucers.

The UFO hunters added: “There is some evidence of this coming to light in recent years, with images purporting to show various entrances built into the side of mountains, with a saucer shape and at a very high altitude.”

“This begs the question: how would you enter these entrances without something that could fly and was the same shape as the hole itself?”

Secure Team also suggested the US Navy led a mission to investigate the mysterious continent.

This expedition was called Operation High Jump, which conspiracy theorists believe was an attempt to find the entrance to a secret world hidden underneath Earth.

However, the scientist who first spotted the anomaly believes it is actually evidence of a massive impact crater.

“This Wilkes Land impact is much bigger than the impact that killed the dinosaurs, and probably would have caused catastrophic damage at the time,” said Ralph von Frese, who was a professor of geological sciences at Ohio State University when he discovered the “killer crater” on 2006.

“All the environmental changes that would have resulted from the impact would have created a highly caustic environment that was really hard to endure. So it makes sense that a lot of life went extinct at that time.”

dmahurin
03-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Its an ancient alien semen storage facility. Semen from all different alien species just waiting to fertilize something.

Mike in SW-MO
03-26-2017, 08:45 AM
The Blob? Right where Steve McQueen left it?

The Thing?

Predator testing facility?

Jewish Rabbi
03-26-2017, 09:09 AM
What's up with the random Tyreek vid in the middle of the article?

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 10:02 AM

It's a new forum rule. You have to do it.

mdchiefsfan
03-26-2017, 10:04 AM

ROFL

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 10:05 AM
My money is on the theory that it's a secret entrance to Hollow Earth.

If it's an asteroid, that seems like an unusual place for a strike. I thought most meteoroids tended to run in a similar plane to the earth's plane around the sun. So would this one have been some sort of non-solar system shot out of the blue? Or did it just beat the odds with a grazing hit coming in from the normal direction?

POND_OF_RED
03-26-2017, 10:13 AM
This will all be explained in the "Where are they now? The Mark Mangino story"

Nightfyre
03-26-2017, 10:16 AM

If it's an asteroid, that seems like an unusual place for a strike. I thought most meteoroids tended to run in a similar plane to the earth's plane around the sun. So would this one have been some sort of non-solar system shot out of the blue? Or did it just beat the odds with a grazing hit coming in from the normal direction?

Might an Asteroid strike of this magnitude be sufficient to change the earth's axis?

GayFrogs
03-26-2017, 10:18 AM

nah...http://www.kurzweilai.net/images/Near-Earth-Asteroids.jpg

Plus antarctica was probably much closer to that plane if we're talking 250 million years ago

KChiefs1
03-26-2017, 10:43 AM
The Thing w/Kurt Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjchieffan
03-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Wow! I just don't know what to think about this story. The guy starts out with; Some researchers believe it is the remains of a truly massive asteroid more than twice the size of the Chicxulub space rock that wiped out the dinosaurs. Then goes on to say others have wild ideas about a UFO. As if the insane idea of the asteroid wiping out the dinasours was any better of a theory. SMH. The story of the Earth is chronicled for anyone to read. And last I checked, there was no mention of any asteroid wiping out anything. Or anything beyond 6000 years ago. Yet this idiot speaks of the incorrect theory that he believes and goes on to scoff others for their ideas.

St. Patty's Fire
03-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Wow! I just don't know what to think about this story. The guy starts out with; Some researchers believe it is the remains of a truly massive asteroid more than twice the size of the Chicxulub space rock that wiped out the dinosaurs. Then goes on to say others have wild ideas about a UFO. As if the insane idea of the asteroid wiping out the dinasours was any better of a theory. SMH. The story of the Earth is chronicled for anyone to read. And last I checked, there was no mention of any asteroid wiping out anything. Or anything beyond 6000 years ago. Yet this idiot speaks of the incorrect theory that he believes and goes on to scoff others for their ideas.

https://d1gzo5vknddaf.cloudfront.net/uploads/post/featured_image/3690/display_Screen_Shot_2016-03-17_at_1.39.26_PM.png

TLO
03-26-2017, 12:46 PM

I'm also curious about this

Eleazar
03-26-2017, 02:38 PM
I liked this the first time, when it was called Alien vs Predator

Coochie liquor
03-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Maybe it's Alex Smith's mojo. Dig it up and we will be SB champs!!

Bugeater
03-26-2017, 03:35 PM
I'm also curious about this
It's only half as long as the other video, which means there's a better chance that someone will actually watch it.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 03:43 PM
I went to Antarctica and found the Nazis. My camera died but I drew some pictures for you guys.

http://img11.deviantart.net/d46e/i/2016/132/f/c/nazi_moonbase___antarctic_base_by_wraithdt-da2ajpb.jpg

http://pre06.deviantart.net/f863/th/pre/f/2015/216/d/2/the_nazi_occult___operation_highjump_by_wraithdt-d944dg6.jpg

Good luck getting to the base though

http://pre04.deviantart.net/7178/th/pre/f/2016/165/3/b/cthulhu_wars___operation_highjump_by_wraithdt-da6af0d.jpg

The one on the moon is going to be a real problem with that space cannon pointed right at earth

http://pre11.deviantart.net/caab/th/pre/f/2016/134/a/7/nazi_moonbase___moon_cannon_by_wraithdt-da2i97u.jpg

splatbass
03-26-2017, 04:28 PM

I'll take that bet. It is impossible since the Earth isn't hollow. Why would you need an entrance to the molten core of the Earth that would fry you instantly?

splatbass
03-26-2017, 04:30 PM

The Earth is 4 BILLION years old, not 6000. There were entire civilizations on Earth more than 6000 years ago. There was no one around to "chronicle" anything for most of the Earth's existence.

For comparison, if you look at the entire existence of the Earth as 1 year, then the entire human existence has occurred in the last second.

Bugeater
03-26-2017, 04:36 PM
I'll take that bet. It is impossible since the Earth isn't hollow. Why would you need an entrance to the molten core of the Earth that would fry you instantly?
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK

jjchieffan
03-26-2017, 04:36 PM
The Earth is 4 BILLION years old, not 6000. There were entire civilizations on Earth more than 6000 years ago. There was no one around to "chronicle" anything for most of the Earth's existence.

Sure there was. The Bible says, In the beginning, God created. Then there is a genealogical compilation that accurately chronicles time forward from that point, up until the time where historians recorded events and forward. Which is how we determine that the Earth is thousands, not billions of years old.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 04:38 PM
Sure there was. The Bible says, In the beginning, God created. Then there is a genealogical compilation that accurately chronicles time forward from that point, up until the time where historians recorded events and forward. Which is how we determine that the Earth is thousands, not millions of years old.

Living proof that god rots brains right here, folks.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Sure there was. The Bible says, In the beginning, God created. Then there is a genealogical compilation that accurately chronicles time forward from that point, up until the time where historians recorded events and forward. Which is how we determine that the Earth is thousands, not billions of years old.

Science has proven that the Book of Genesis was never meant to be taken literally. As I said, the first homo sapiens appered 200,000 years ago in Africa. 45,000 years ago the Chatelperronian culture appeared in France. Aurignacian culture appeared 40,000 years ago in Europe. The earliest known cave paintings date to 40,000 years ago. The first human settlement in Australia was 30,000 years ago. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Satan invented carbon dating!

Bugeater
03-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Aaaand we're off to DC!

jjchieffan
03-26-2017, 04:53 PM
Science has proven that the Book of Genesis was never meant to be taken literally. As I said, the first homo sapiens appered 200,000 years ago in Africa. 45,000 years ago the Chatelperronian culture appeared in France. Aurignacian culture appeared 40,000 years ago in Europe. The earliest known cave paintings date to 40,000 years ago. The first human settlement in Australia was 30,000 years ago. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.

Those numbers are based on carbon dating. Which has been proven to be faulty. I'll take the Word of God over flawed theories.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 04:58 PM
I'll take the Word of God over flawed theories.

Cool bro. You going to kill your wife if she cheats on you?

“If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;”

“Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour’s wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.” (Deuteronomy 22:24)

splatbass
03-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Satan invented carbon dating!

The Bastard!!!:cuss:

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2017, 05:00 PM

ROFL

splatbass
03-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Those numbers are based on carbon dating. Which has been proven to be faulty. I'll take the Word of God over flawed theories.

No, it has not been proven to be faulty. You might want to get your science from real scientists instead of your church.

I have no problem with Genesis as a non-literal story. I was raised in a very Christian family. But if it is the word of God then he definitely was not talking about literal days for creation, because the Earth was not formed in 6 days.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2017, 05:03 PM

Well, this IS a Chiefs forum and if everyone else is like me they are always willing to take a break to watch the awesomeness of Tyreek.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Asteroid Apocalypse, UFO Nazis, Young Earth Bullshit and Tyreek Hill.

Welcome to CP!

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 05:12 PM

You're not going far enough. You have to go past the core because that's the sun of Hollow Earth. They're inside it and the glow from the core is what gives them light and farming and heat and stuff.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 05:14 PM
You're not going far enough. You have to go past the core because that's the sun of Hollow Earth. They're inside it and the glow from the core is what gives them light and farming and heat and stuff.

Okayyyyyyyy. ROFL

By the way, you may want to get a dictionary. "Core" means the center ("the central part of a celestial body (as the earth or sun) usually having different physical properties from the surrounding parts"). There is nothing "past the core" except moving toward the other side.

How would you even move through molten lava?

jjchieffan
03-26-2017, 05:34 PM
No, it has not been proven to be faulty. You might want to get your science from real scientists instead of your church.

Scientists. not Christians

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiv-OK0qfXSAhVL4oMKHV4IDgkQFghMMAs&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanthropology.msu.edu%2Fanp264-ss13%2F2013%2F02%2F07%2Fradiocarbon-dating-a-closer-look-at-its-main-flaws%2F&usg=AFQjCNFHx8dB8XAqYMuTCsnJHnOm2fMsfw&sig2=3wGGEcP937kqtaMy-LrJHA

I have no problem with Genesis as a non-literal story. I was raised in a very Christian family. But if it is the word of God then he definitely was not talking about literal days for creation, because the Earth was not formed in 6 days.

Says who? If the Bible says that God Created the Earth in 6 literal days, then I have no reason to doubt it. And it is clear that it's a literal day because the first thing that God did was to separate the night and the day. It then goes on to say the morning and the evening were the first day. It can't get any plainer than that.

Points highlighted.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 05:43 PM
Points highlighted.

You say scientists and Christians as if you can't be both. I have some news for you, MOST Christians are not young Earth creationists, and many scientists are Christian. There is no real contradiction unless you take the unrealistic view that every word in the Bible is literal truth (as opposed to say metaphors or parables).

The only possible way that Genesis can be taken, knowing the undeniable science, is that saying the Earth was formed in 6 days was not meant to be literal 24 hour days. This is how many Christians take it. Only a small minority of Christians are young Earth creationists, so your view isn't even mainstream in Christianity.

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Okayyyyyyyy. ROFL

By the way, you may want to get a dictionary. "Core" means the center ("the central part of a celestial body (as the earth or sun) usually having different physical properties from the surrounding parts"). There is nothing "past the core" except moving toward the other side.

We call it the core. To them it's the sky. You have to think past the limitations of Outer Earth terminology.

How would you even move through molten lava?

That's why the door is there. It's probably in Antarctica so the cold and heat cancel out to make the transition comfortable.

13and3
03-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Religious types often confuse faith or belief with fact.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 06:11 PM
This is a really fun read about the history of America and Antarctica and the bread crumb trail of Nazis and UFOs. It's at least as plausible as the earth being 6,000 years old.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/antarctica/antartica11.htm

In 1947, Admiral Richard E. Byrd led 4,000 military troops from the U.S., Britain and Australia in an invasion of Antarctica called “Operation Highjump”, and at least one follow-up expedition.

The USS Pine Island was struck from the Naval Register, on an unknown date... Her title was transferred to the Maritime Administration for lay up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet... on an unknown date... and... the ship’s final disposition is unknown... Now... how does one go about “losing” a major surface ship, over 640 feet long, almost seventy feet wide, with a displacement of over 15,000 tons?

The story, of course, gets stranger, still. The Pine Island is not the only ship involved in “Antarctic Research” or “exploration” to have disappeared. There were numerous others. The question is not so much “how many”, that is fairly well established.

The question is “how and why”... particularly “why”...

On 5 March, 1947 the “El Mercurio” newspaper of Santiago, Chile, had a headline article “On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas” which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta:

“Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defense measures against hostile regions. Furthermore, Byrd stated that he “didn’t want to frighten anyone unduly” but that it was “a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds”.

Interestingly, not long before he made these comments, the Admiral had recommended defense bases AT the North Pole.

These were not “isolated” remarks... Admiral Byrd later repeated the each of these points of view, resulting from he described as his “personal knowledge” gathered both at the north and south poles, before a news conference held for International News Service.

He was hospitalized and was not allowed to hold any more press conferences. Still, in March 1955, he was placed in charge of Operation Deepfreeze which was part of the International Geophysical Year, 1957-1958, exploration of the Antarctic. He died, shortly thereafter... in 1957... many have suggested he was murdered...

It is interesting to note that at the end of the war the Allies determined that there were 250,000 Germans unaccounted for, even taking into account casualties and deaths. This would be quite a population base for a fledgling colony, and provide the essential degree of skill, expertise, and pure manpower for an industrial base of any sort, let alone the production of, even by today’s standards, extremely high technology.

1. The Germans explored and claimed part of Antarctica on the very eve of the war when the vast majority of their activity was geared towards the rebuilding of the German economy and military infrastructure. This activity began shortly before the recovery of the Bavarian “flying disc”, in 1938, but picked up pace immediately afterward.

2. There was ongoing ship and submarine activity in the South Atlantic and polar regions throughout and after the war had apparently ended. This activity continued well into the 1950s, and if some accounts are to be believed, continues to this day, with what can only be considered U-Boat sightings, and a very high incidence of Unidentified Flying Object sightings in the South Atlantic and South Polar regions, including the Southern portions of South America.

3. The US literally invaded the continent of Antarctica, itself, with considerable naval resources leaving mainland America exposed and vulnerable as the world edged into the Cold War. The task force limped home as if defeated only weeks later, and the local South American press wrote of such a defeat. This coincided with a substantial increase in Unidentified Flying Object activity... generally attributed to the first major “wave” of such activity in modern times, with an inordinate amount of this activity taking place in the Southern Hemisphere, particularly in South America.

4. Admiral Byrd spoke of objects that could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds being based on Antarctica.

5. Hundreds of thousands of Germans and a minimum of forty (40) U-boats were missing at the end of the war. Documentation and eyewitness accounts prove that at least a portion of these craft made it as far as South America, in some cases, several months after the end of the war in Europe.

Pablo
03-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Yessssss the 6000 year old earth posts are back.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 06:24 PM
We call it the core. To them it's the sky. You have to think past the limitations of Outer Earth terminology.

That's why the door is there. It's probably in Antarctica so the cold and heat cancel out to make the transition comfortable.

Ok, I don't think you serious, but I'll play along some more. We have molten lava pouring down a mountain and into the ocean every day here in Hawaii. It is around 2000 deg F. Ice melts at 32 deg F. Do the math here. Ice in Antarctica will not cancel out molten lava.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Yessssss the 6000 year old earth posts are back.

Who was that really crazy guy a few years ago, Chris616 or something like that?

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Ok, I don't think you serious, but I'll play along some more. We have molten lava pouring down a mountain and into the ocean every day here in Hawaii. It is around 2000 deg F. Ice melts at 32 deg F. Do the math here. Ice in Antarctica will not cancel out molten lava.

THEN WHY DOES THE DOOR WORK?!?!

(Presumably.)

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 06:29 PM
This is a really fun read about the history of America and Antarctica and the bread crumb trail of Nazis and UFOs. It's at least as plausible as the earth being 6,000 years old.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/antarctica/antartica11.htm

Is the theory that they live in Antarctica, or that they moved south and took over Hollow Earth?

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Is the theory that they live in Antarctica, or that they moved south and took over Hollow Earth?

It doesn't go that far, at least on that page. It mostly just presents evidence that a large contingent of surviving Nazis migrated to South America and/or Antarctica, and flirts with the idea of Aryan aliens helping them in the Antarctic.

Two of the men in charge of the Highjump expedition, which definitely happened as there is a film about it, were sent to mental institutions and then mysteriously died.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n_YdiaIqOwE?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
03-26-2017, 07:01 PM
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK

Buzz
03-26-2017, 07:18 PM
The bible says a thousand years is like one day to GOD, that's just saying time has no relevance to GOD. One day could be any length or period of time.

Coochie liquor
03-26-2017, 07:47 PM
So dinosaurs only existed 6000 years ago according to the "word of god"?
Or are dinosaurs not mentioned in the "word of god" so their existence (while seemingly real since there are bones, fossils etc) didn't really happen?
Since god is everywhere, when you're having sex does that make it a threesome?

Coochie liquor
03-26-2017, 07:56 PM
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:75.0%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e-P6SQbhgg0?ecver=2" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Fake news

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2017, 08:20 PM
This thread is getting off track:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JAiqeU9fHfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

splatbass
03-26-2017, 08:21 PM
The bible says a thousand years is like one day to GOD, that's just saying time has no relevance to GOD. One day could be any length or period of time.

Why would time be relevant to him? Assuming for the sake of the argument that there is a God and he created the universe, Earth time is relative to Earth only so I don't see why the creator of the entire universe would go by Earth time.

Also, since Genesis said he created the Earth before the Sun there would have been no years at all until the Sun existed:

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

In short, the idea that the Earth is only 6000 years old doesn't even make sense from a biblical perspective.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 08:23 PM
This thread is getting off track:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JAiqeU9fHfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Proof that there is no god right there.

saphojunkie
03-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Holy shit, is that dude honestly saying he thinks the earth is 6,000 years old?

And is splatbass actually arguing with Rain Main about whether or not the earth is hollow? Is everyone just fucking with everyone up in this bitch?

saphojunkie
03-26-2017, 08:26 PM
It doesn't go that far, at least on that page. It mostly just presents evidence that a large contingent of surviving Nazis migrated to South America and/or Antarctica, and flirts with the idea of Aryan aliens helping them in the Antarctic.

Two of the men in charge of the Highjump expedition, which definitely happened as there is a film about it, were sent to mental institutions and then mysteriously died.

The things being typed in this thread...

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2017, 08:26 PM

And is splatbass actually arguing with Rain Main about whether or not the earth is hollow? Is everyone just ****ing with everyone up in this bitch?

It's why CP exists , so we can open our minds. The world is not always as you see it.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 08:27 PM

And is splatbass actually arguing with Rain Main about whether or not the earth is hollow? Is everyone just ****ing with everyone up in this bitch?

I'm not arguing with Rain Man. It is all in fun. I am arguing with 6000 year dude though.

saphojunkie
It's why CP exists , so we can open our minds. The world is not always as you see it.

Thanks, Kyrie.

Hammock Parties
The things being typed in this thread...

Dude, it's a documentary film. The US loaded up a whole lotta military resources and went to Antarctica.

Whether it was to find Nazis is another thing, but they went.

saphojunkie
03-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Dude, it's a documentary film. The US loaded up a whole lotta military resources and went to Antarctica.

Whether it was to find Nazis is another thing, but they went.

I get that it's a documentary. That doesn't mean a single thing in it is true or factual. See Jones, Alex.

I just am shocked that you - of all people here - would say something that goes so hard against skepticism.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 08:32 PM
I get that it's a documentary. That doesn't mean a single thing in it is true or factual. See Jones, Alex.

I just am shocked that you - of all people here - would say something that goes so hard against skepticism.

Dude, they went to Antarctica. It happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Highjump

Operation Highjump commenced 26 August 1946 and ended in late February 1947. Task Force 68 included 4,700 men, 13 ships, and 33 aircraft. Operation Highjump's primary mission was to establish the Antarctic research base Little America IV.[1][2]

They established bases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_America_(exploration_base)

They also fought Nazis according to crazy people.

Or are they really that crazy?

splatbass
03-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Dude, they went to Antarctica. It happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Highjump

They established bases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_America_(exploration_base)

They also fought Nazis according to crazy people.

Or are they really that crazy?

We established bases anywhere we could. And then declared the area American territory. That isn't proof of anything except for empire building. It was the last unallocated land in the world left so we claimed it. Other countries did the same, so it was divided up until a treaty in 1959.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 08:36 PM
We established bases anywhere we could. And then declared the area American territory. That isn't proof of anything except for empire building. It was the last unallocated land in the world left so we claimed it.

I agree, the conspiracy theories are interesting, though.

It is proof that we went, though. Which is all that I was saying.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 08:42 PM
I agree, the conspiracy theories are interesting, though.

It is proof that we went, though. Which is all that I was saying.

We did go. It is just our motives were different than the claim being made.

I updated my post to include that what I said was true until 1959 when there was a treaty signed.

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 10:03 PM

Wouldn't you agree that, assuming there's a portal to Hollow Earth, Antarctica is the logical place to put it?

kccrow
03-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Or are dinosaurs not mentioned in the "word of god" so their existence (while seemingly real since there are bones, fossils etc) didn't really happen?

They were just really big birds Noah put on the Ark silly.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Wouldn't you agree that, assuming there's a portal to Hollow Earth, Antarctica is the logical place to put it?

I think it is in your basement.

ModSocks
03-26-2017, 10:36 PM
I bet you that's the Clinton pedo ring secret base camp.

Rain Man
03-26-2017, 10:55 PM
I think it is in your basement.

In our furnace room, there's a big round hole that was roughly filled in with concrete. The official story is that it's where the old gravity furnace was located, but I was always pretty sure that it's a sealed up portal to someplace.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 11:03 PM
In our furnace room, there's a big round hole that was roughly filled in with concrete. The official story is that it's where the old gravity furnace was located, but I was always pretty sure that it's a sealed up portal to someplace.

Or they buried a body there.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2017, 11:21 PM
what's a gravity furnace?

on another note, speaking of portals, supposedly one of the nine portals to hell is in Stull, Kansas, where an old church used to be. Legend has it if you open the basement door of the church and walk down, you never come back up.

Always wanted to visit that site.

splatbass
03-26-2017, 11:28 PM

on another note, speaking of portals, supposedly one of the nine portals to hell is in Stull, Kansas, where an old church used to be. Legend has it if you open the basement door of the church and walk down, you never come back up.

I always thought Kansas was hell. :)

ClevelandBronco
03-26-2017, 11:40 PM

Even so, we needn't open them so far that they leak all over our keyboards.

Buehler445
03-26-2017, 11:40 PM
Thanks, Kyrie.

LMAO. I forgot about Kylie thinking the world was flat.

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 12:10 AM
Or they buried a body there.

I pondered that possibility, but it's too round. Definitely more portal than unmarked grave.

From what I understand, it's basically like a modern furnace, but without a motor for to get the "forced air" preamble that modern furnaces have. It had ductwork just like a modern furnace, but the heat just flowed up naturally rather than being blown. They were used before electricity was a big deal. I presume that might mean the furnace would have been larger as a result, but I'm not sure.

My house was built as electricity was starting to take over, but it wasn't yet standard. My built-in light fixtures have both electricity and gas lines since they weren't sure which was the long-term play, and the furnace was (I think) coal-powered. At least, I think it was. We have a big coal room that seems too big for the coal fireplace.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 06:38 AM

I bet if you opened the basement door all you see is a huge Alex Smith face with horns.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 07:46 AM

Dinosaurs​ are mentioned in the Bible. The word used is actually Dragon. The word Dinosaur​ wasn't created yet when the Bible was written. They were able to get as large as they did before the flood because everything lived longer. Methuselah was over 900 years old. Animals lived longer too. Think about how long it would take for a dinosaur to reach the sizes they did. Since the flood, life spans are shorter and they just can't get that big anymore.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 07:58 AM

Except that it says the morning and the evening were the first day. That pretty much wipes out any ideas that a day could be anything other than what we call a day.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Dinosaurs​ are mentioned in the Bible. The word used is actually Dragon. The word Dinosaur​ wasn't created yet when the Bible was written. They were able to get as large as they did before the flood because everything lived longer. Methuselah was over 900 years old. Animals lived longer too. Think about how long it would take for a dinosaur to reach the sizes they did. Since the flood, life spans are shorter and they just can't get that big anymore.

Hogs get to 280 pounds in 6 months of age. Where as you were probably 12 years old before you hit 280.

Tyrannosaurus Growth Rate
How did dinosaurs get so big? A team of researchers from prominent universities and museums wanted the answer. Bones have age rings, like those of a tree. They studied 60 bones from 20 specimens. In summer of 2003, they announced the results. They concluded that T. rex began a great growth spurt around age 14. It gained as much 4.6 pounds a day until it stopped growing at age 18. It had then reached its adult length and weight. After reaching its full size, it lived only 10 more years. Most were dead by age 30.

Baby T. rex - two years old
Length: 7 ft / 3 meters | Weight: 66 lbs / 29 kg

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Here, lets get back to the topic, sorry I can't embed:

Especially for you Clay !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7l5L7-jFfg

Bowser
03-27-2017, 08:23 AM
This thread is a perfect encapsulation of the essence of ChiefsPlanet. It will likely find its way to the HoF one day. Well done, Hog Jerker. Apologies for not checking this out earlier.

Lzen
03-27-2017, 08:46 AM
They were just really big birds Noah put on the Ark silly.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02869/big_bird1_2869483b.jpg

DMAC
03-27-2017, 08:49 AM

Tell them about the giants.

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 08:51 AM
So back to the original topic, we've now determined that the portal to Hollow Earth will lead us to one of the four following things:

1. Alien base, with or without native Hollow Earth people.
2. Hollow Earth denizens peacefully farming under the orange glow of the earth's core.
3. Regrouping Nazi reich that has taken over the Hollow Earth denizens.
4. Possibly hell if we're going off biblical interpretation.

So which is it? And in which of these worlds, if any, do dragons or dinosaurs exist?

I bet in Scenario 2 you don't have dragons or even birds. If you fly too high, you're going to get killed by the heat in the earth's core.

But wait. Maybe everything flies down there, because gravity would be kind of weird. You'd have some mass below and other mass above you, so you might be almost weightless. Either that, or you're living on the inner core with your head toward the center of the earth, but that would make no sense because then the light from the core would be at your feet.

splatbass
03-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Except that it says the morning and the evening were the first day. That pretty much wipes out any ideas that a day could be anything other than what we call a day.

None of this proves anything other than you are gullible. The truth is that you don't know so you make up whatever you think supports you. But actual science knows far more about this than you.

By the way, there was no where close to enough water available to flood the entire earth, or to create the Grand Canyon when it drained. The Earth is a mostly closed system.

MahiMike
03-27-2017, 09:24 AM

Maybe that was the OLD equator before it hit?

wazu
03-27-2017, 09:34 AM
The hollow earth thing makes a lot of sense. Never understood that whole liquid hot core stuff. Earth is a planet, not a star.

MahiMike
03-27-2017, 09:41 AM

Speaking of rot. You in Hell dude.

Fish
03-27-2017, 09:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TX1JPQl.jpg

RaiderH8r
03-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Tell them about the giants.

There were absolutely giants. What's to tell?

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 10:39 AM
The NY Giants or the SF Giants?

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 10:42 AM
None of this proves anything other than you are gullible. The truth is that you don't know so you make up whatever you think supports you. But actual science knows far more about this than you.

By the way, there was no where close to enough water available to flood the entire earth, or to create the Grand Canyon when it drained. The Earth is a mostly closed system.

Science has no idea what actually happened. All they have are THEORIES. You do acknowledge that, right? Theories are guesses that have not been proven. Most people take those theories to be fact. They ARE NOT fact. Yet, I'm the gullible one? I have a Bible, full of documented facts.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 10:44 AM
i can't be wrong because mai faiiiiith

we all know that god defies science anyway

zombie christ!

Fish
03-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Science has no idea what actually happened. All they have are THEORIES. You do acknowledge that, right? Theories are guesses that have not been proven. Most people take those theories to be fact. They ARE NOT fact.

You are confusing normal layman theories with scientific theories. They are not the same in the slightest. Scientific theories absolutely are proven. Learn some science.

RaiderH8r
03-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Science has no idea what actually happened. All they have are THEORIES. You do acknowledge that, right? Theories are guesses that have not been proven. Most people take those theories to be fact. They ARE NOT fact. Yet, I'm the gullible one? I have a Bible, full of documented facts.

Exactly. The Holy Book lays bare the facts on these issues.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 11:13 AM
The Holy Book lays bare the facts on these issues.

WHAT A BOOK

GE 19:30-38 While he is drunk, Lot's two daughters "lie with him," become pregnant, and give birth to his offspring.

2PE 2:7 Lot was "just" and "righteous."

EX 20:14 God prohibits adultery.

HO 1:2 God instructs Hosea to "take a wife of harlotry."

EX 34:6-7, JS 24:19, 1CH 16:34 God is faithful, holy and good
IS 45:6-7, AM 3:6 God is responsible for evil.

MahiMike
03-27-2017, 11:14 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n_YdiaIqOwE?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just sat here and watched that whole thing. Interesting. Thx,

vailpass
03-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Aryan aliens?
I want to party with those guys.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 11:36 AM
You are confusing normal layman theories with scientific theories. They are not the same in the slightest. Scientific theories absolutely are proven. Learn some science.

A scientific theory is a specific type of theory used in the scientific method. ... "Most people use the word 'theory' to mean an idea or hunch that someone has, but in science the word 'theory' refers to the way that we interpret facts."

The way we interpret the facts.......Sounds to me like it's open for discussion. Especially since the big bullshit theory is based on NO facts whatsoever. There is NO Proof whatsoever to back up that theory. There is also NO missing link or any other proof to back up the theory of evolution. They can call them whatever they want. But they ARE NOT fact based in any way.

RaiderH8r
03-27-2017, 11:44 AM
God slew the giants and used the remains to construct the earth. What's the problem ladies? That's more substance and background than you ever got with the Big Bullshit theory.

stumppy
03-27-2017, 11:52 AM
:popcorn:

Fish
03-27-2017, 11:57 AM
A scientific theory is a specific type of theory used in the scientific method. ... "Most people use the word 'theory' to mean an idea or hunch that someone has, but in science the word 'theory' refers to the way that we interpret facts."

The way we interpret the facts.......Sounds to me like it's open for discussion. Especially since the big bullshit theory is based on NO facts whatsoever. There is NO Proof whatsoever to back up that theory. There is also NO missing link or any other proof to back up the theory of evolution. They can call them whatever they want. But they ARE NOT fact based in any way.

Well, in a way it is open for discussion. But it's absolutely based on facts, with a huge amount of proof to back up the theory. The "Missing link" criticism of evolution is simply a lack of understanding of biology and evolution. Both are based on fact, and those facts are readily available in countless science books.

Perineum Ripper
03-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Well, in a way it is open for discussion. But it's absolutely based on facts, with a huge amount of proof to back up the theory. The "Missing link" criticism of evolution is simply a lack of understanding of biology and evolution. Both are based on fact, and those facts are readily available in countless science books.

https://media.giphy.com/media/T2lUjGdArRxQs/giphy.gif

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 12:02 PM
When does a theory become a fact? Gravitational theory says that if I drop an M&M, it'll fall to the floor at an accelerating rate of 32.1 ft/sec/sec. If I do it again and again, it happens every time. So is it a fact at some point or will it always be a theory?

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 12:04 PM
When does a theory become a fact? Gravitational theory says that if I drop an M&M, it'll fall to the floor at an accelerating rate of 32.1 ft/sec/sec. If I do it again and again, it happens every time. So is it a fact at some point or will it always be a theory?

Yeah, try that with a bowling ball

alanm
03-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Ok what about Middle earth. You know, hobbits and all that stuff?

DMAC
03-27-2017, 12:06 PM
God slew the giants and used the remains to construct the earth. What's the problem ladies? That's more substance and background than you ever got with the Big Bullshit theory.

Maybe he...sorry He...missed a couple? Hollow earth Adam and Eve?

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 12:08 PM

The entire damn concept of "day" is the period that it takes the earth to rotate once. What meaning would that have to God of the infinite universe, assuming there is one.

And double that if HE determined the period of rotation.

You'd be FAR better off going with a non-literal understanding of the Bible, because taken literally, the thing makes zero sense except in a zone of complete disbelief of mountains of scientific evidence.

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Yeah, try that with a bowling ball

My theory is that it'll damage my floor.

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 12:13 PM
The entire damn concept of "day" is the period that it takes the earth to rotate once. What meaning would that have to God of the infinite universe, assuming there is one.

And double that if HE determined the period of rotation.

Obviously he didn't, because if he did, we wouldn't have stupid shit like leap years or leap seconds or shit.

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 12:14 PM

There is no "missing link", nor will there ever be one as you understand it. Evolution is a gradual thing happening over an absurdly long period of time, typically. It's not a "one jump and you're there" kind of thing.

Scientists are literally piecing together and proving, through DNA analysis, how ancient humans and neanderthals mated and the genetic impact that all this had, while you sit there and honestly think that "POOF", one day 6,000 years ago everything came into being. :shake:

http://www.sciencemag.org/sites/default/files/styles/inline_colwidth__16_9/public/images/lb_R_NeandertalEMBED.jpg?itok=V8aR4diR

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Obviously he didn't, because if he did, we wouldn't have stupid shit like leap years or leap seconds or shit.

:LOL: True.

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 12:16 PM
So back to the original topic, we've now determined that the portal to Hollow Earth will lead us to one of the four following things:

1. Alien base, with or without native Hollow Earth people.
2. Hollow Earth denizens peacefully farming under the orange glow of the earth's core.
3. Regrouping Nazi reich that has taken over the Hollow Earth denizens.
4. Possibly hell if we're going off biblical interpretation.

So which is it? And in which of these worlds, if any, do dragons or dinosaurs exist?

I bet in Scenario 2 you don't have dragons or even birds. If you fly too high, you're going to get killed by the heat in the earth's core.

But wait. Maybe everything flies down there, because gravity would be kind of weird. You'd have some mass below and other mass above you, so you might be almost weightless. Either that, or you're living on the inner core with your head toward the center of the earth, but that would make no sense because then the light from the core would be at your feet.

Ok what about Middle earth. You know, hobbits and all that stuff?

Cripes. Now I have to add two more scenarios. We really need to send an expedition down into that Antarctic portal.

It's a darn shame that Congress killed the expedition to the center of the earth back in the 1820s: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/john-quincy-adams-said-yes-expedition-center-earth-180955203/. With what we discovered, I bet we would have walked on the moon by now.

stumppy
03-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Cripes. Now I have to add two more scenarios. We really need to send an expedition down into that Antarctic portal.

It's a darn shame that Congress killed the expedition to the center of the earth back in the 1820s: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/john-quincy-adams-said-yes-expedition-center-earth-180955203/. With what we discovered, I bet we would have walked on the moon by now.

They didn't kill it. There's a documentary about it. I think it's called 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'.

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 12:22 PM
There is no "missing link", nor will there ever be one as you understand it. Evolution is a gradual thing happening over an absurdly long period of time, typically. It's not a "one jump and you're there" kind of thing.

Scientists are literally piecing together and proving, through DNA analysis, how ancient humans and neanderthals mated and the genetic impact that all this had, while you sit there and honestly think that "POOF", one day 6,000 years ago everything came into being. :shake:

http://www.sciencemag.org/sites/default/files/styles/inline_colwidth__16_9/public/images/lb_R_NeandertalEMBED.jpg?itok=V8aR4diR

I mentioned this story when it happened, but I was in DC and went to the Smithsonian last year. For some random reason I was in the Museum of Natural History most of the day. My wife and I had dinner with another couple that night, and the wife mentioned how much she liked that museum.

I enthusiastically shared a couple of things in my favorite area, the Early Man section, about different species of human that existed in the past and what I'd learned. After an awkward silence, the husband made a diplomatic comment about how archaeologists are searching for the Garden of Eden in the Middle East, and I realized that they didn't like the Early Man section of that museum at all.

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 12:22 PM
They didn't kill it. There's a documentary about it. I think it's called 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'.

Cool. I'll check it out!

Fish
03-27-2017, 12:34 PM

This video didn't mention a single thing about Nazis, Aryan aliens, unknown objects, or anything mysterious at all. But it's a good look at how fucking weird the US Navy was...

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 12:39 PM
This video didn't mention a single thing about Nazis, Aryan aliens, unknown objects, or anything mysterious at all. But it's a good look at how fucking weird the US Navy was...

Well yeah, bud. You think they would just come out and tell the world that in a public documentary that was shown in movie theaters all across the nation?

I'm telling you, though, that's an awful lot of human lives and military resources to risk, and people did die, and ships were lost....just to "establish a base." Riiiiight.

There's a reason the leaders of that expedition were sent to mental institutions and then mysteriously died.

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 12:42 PM
There's a reason the leaders of that expedition were sent to mental institutions and then mysteriously died.

Yeah, it's called syphilis

splatbass
03-27-2017, 12:42 PM

When you say "its just a theory!!!!!" you prove your ignorance. Theory, when used by laymen, means one thing, but it means something completely different when a scientist uses it. What you are describing in this post, in scientific terms, is a hypothesis not a theory.

Please learn a little science so you won't look like an ignorant fool.

You might start here:

https://ncse.com/library-resource/definitions-fact-theory-law-scientific-work

Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.

Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.

Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 12:48 PM
I mentioned this story when it happened, but I was in DC and went to the Smithsonian last year. For some random reason I was in the Museum of Natural History most of the day. My wife and I had dinner with another couple that night, and the wife mentioned how much she liked that museum.

I enthusiastically shared a couple of things in my favorite area, the Early Man section, about different species of human that existed in the past and what I'd learned. After an awkward silence, the husband made a diplomatic comment about how archaeologists are searching for the Garden of Eden in the Middle East, and I realized that they didn't like the Early Man section of that museum at all.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

About as much as you or I might enjoy this museum, I suspect:

https://creationmuseum.org/

Fish
03-27-2017, 12:57 PM
Well yeah, bud. You think they would just come out and tell the world that in a public documentary that was shown in movie theaters all across the nation?

I'm telling you, though, that's an awful lot of human lives and military resources to risk, and people did die, and ships were lost....just to "establish a base." Riiiiight.

It wasn't just to establish a base. They explained a great deal about their search for natural resources as well as plans to map out several specific areas. They did lose a hell of a lot along the way though. Their equipment loss was pretty embarrassing to be honest. A plane and a bunch of equipment fell overboard, a helicopter flipped into the water and sunk, the captain's airplane had to throw everything out of the plane and make an emergency landing, another plane crashed and required rescue, they almost killed the captain by dropping him overboard into the water during a ridiculous skyline transport from one ship to another, they abandoned rescuing a submarine, etc; etc......

Still nothing to allude to some secret discovery though. The beard contest was great.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 12:58 PM

I challenge you to find ONE indisputable fact that proves either the big bullshit theory or evolution theory. You can't do it. Because there is nNO such proof in existence. It's all just theories based things that are mistakenly considered to be fact.

Fish
03-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Yeah, it's called syphilis

Probably from all that gross beer gut slobbering @6:25 in the video....

splatbass
03-27-2017, 01:03 PM
I challenge you to find ONE indisputable fact that proves either the big bullshit theory or evolution theory. You can't do it. Because there is nNO such proof in existence. It's all just theories based things that are mistakenly considered to be fact.

DNA proves evolution.

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 01:05 PM
DNA proves evolution.

No, that only proves Walmart

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 01:06 PM
When you say "its just a theory!!!!!" you prove your ignorance. Theory, when used by laymen, means one thing, but it means something completely different when a scientist uses it. What you are describing in this post, in scientific terms, is a hypothesis not a theory.

Please learn a little science so you won't look like an ignorant fool.

You might start here:

https://ncse.com/library-resource/definitions-fact-theory-law-scientific-work

Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.

Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.

Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.

Looks to me like you just backed up what I'm saying. Science is open to inference and conjecture. Ideas that are considered fact may be modified or discarded tomorrow. Whereas, the Word of God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The Bible doesn't flip flop on what it says to be true.

Fish
03-27-2017, 01:09 PM

Well that's easy enough. You were born with an appendix, a coccyx, tonsils, etc. These are vestigial appendages and the result of our very own evolution process.

Have you ever taken a flu shot?

LoneWolf
03-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Looks to me like you just backed up what I'm saying. Science is open to inference and conjecture. Ideas that are considered fact may be modified or discarded tomorrow. Whereas, the Word of God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The Bible doesn't flip flop on what it says to be true.

Yeah, the Bible doesn't waver at all and everything in it is to be taken literally. :rolleyes:

Clay has posted numerous Bible passages that I'm sure you don't follow today. The Old Testament is completely different than the New Testament.

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 01:11 PM
Have you ever taken a flu shot?

Oh don't get me started with that shit

splatbass
03-27-2017, 01:14 PM

What do you mean doesn't flip flop? The Bible contradicts itself numerous times.

And unlike religious belief science is self correcting. When it finds something is wrong it corrects for it. In fact, that is the whole point of science, to keep moving toward the truth and weed out the false as more information comes out.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 01:15 PM
the Word of God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The Bible doesn't flip flop on what it says to be true.

You know, apart from all the contradictions in the bible. ROFL

Fish
03-27-2017, 01:17 PM

Which Word of God? And are you referring to before or after the Council of Nicea?

Rain Man
03-27-2017, 01:18 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

About as much as you or I might enjoy this museum, I suspect:

https://creationmuseum.org/

Wow. I kind of want to go see that museum, but I'm worried that I'll be struck by a particularly violent lightning bolt as I set foot on the front steps.

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 01:26 PM

Yeah, because it's nonsense from the start.

Look, if I said the sky was lime green, and just stuck with it forever, that doesn't make it more true.

But you don't need to disbelieve god to believe science. Just accept that the Bible was written by MAN, and is therefore imperfect, and accept the guiding principles.

Or, you know, believe that Methusulah really lived to be 900 and that the world really is only 6,000 years old in direct contradiction to a mountain of evidence from practically every realm of science -- biological, astronomical, geological, etc. etc.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Here's a little something describing cavemen. In Biblical times, not millions of years ago.

We have cave paintings and other evidence that people inhabited caves. The Bible also describes cave men.

Job 30:5,6
They were driven out from among men,
They shouted at them as at a thief.
They had to live in the clefts of the valleys,
In caves of the earth and the rocks.

Note that these were not ape-men, but descendants of those who scattered from Babel. They were driven from the community by those tribes who competed successfully for the more desirable regions of the earth. Then for some reason they deteriorated mentally, physically, and spiritually

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Wow. I kind of want to go see that museum, but I'm worried that I'll be struck by a particularly violent lightning bolt as I set foot on the front steps.

I'm hoping to go see it this summer, as well as the Ark experience. I don't know if you've heard of it, but they have built an actual Ark museum that is built to the exact size as laid out in the Bible.

https://arkencounter.com/

RaiderH8r
03-27-2017, 01:39 PM

Two were spared and went on to live in another plane of existence.

Fish
03-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Here's a little something describing cavemen. In Biblical times, not millions of years ago.

We have cave paintings and other evidence that people inhabited caves. The Bible also describes cave men.

Note that these were not ape-men, but descendants of those who scattered from Babel. They were driven from the community by those tribes who competed successfully for the more desirable regions of the earth. Then for some reason they deteriorated mentally, physically, and spiritually

LMAO... Someone banished from "Among men" and forced to take refuge in a cave is not the same thing as a cave man Neanderthal.

splatbass
03-27-2017, 01:41 PM

I used to think like you. Like you I was indoctrinated into the church from birth. But then a funny thing happened as I grew older - I learned stuff. I saw the contradictions and things that didn't make sens. I learned to THINK FOR MYSELF instead of just repeating dogma. And that is how I know all the shit you are posting is wrong. It makes no sense to take a 100% literal view of the Bible. The message is what is important, not obsessing over minutiae that is not even important. Evolution is no threat to Christianity. The Big Bang in no threat to Christianity. They can, and do for many, coexist.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah, because it's nonsense from the start.

Look, if I said the sky was lime green, and just stuck with it forever, that doesn't make it more true.

But you don't need to disbelieve god to believe science. Just accept that the Bible was written by MAN, and is therefore imperfect, and accept the guiding principles.

Or, you know, believe that Methusulah really lived to be 900 and that the world really is only 6,000 years old in direct contradiction to a mountain of evidence from practically every realm of science -- biological, astronomical, geological, etc. etc.

I choose to believe the latter. It makes way more sense than the idea that somehow, millions of years ago, a bunch of nothing just suddenly formed a universe with one planet placed just perfectly in the right spot for life to exist, then somehow this nothingness just somehow came to life and developed into thousands of different complex life forms. Capable of reproducing,thinking, building, etc..... Because ya know, that can be replicated. We've seen it actually happen right? Nope. Even scientific law contradicts that insane idea. Actual scientific law states that life cannot come from non life. It states that something can't come from nothing. But ignore those scientific facts. Instead, stick to your wild theories. Myself, I will believe that an almighty creator, formed the Earth and the universe and everything else by intelligent design. Because intelligent design is, always has been, and always be, the only way to create.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 01:48 PM
LMAO... Someone banished from "Among men" and forced to take refuge in a cave is not the same thing as a cave man Neanderthal.

See. The Bible explains the cave paintings and so called cavemen, yet you choose to laugh it off and stick to the idea that they existed millions of years ago instead of just thousands of years ago.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
heaven will be fun jjchieffan...what will you do up there, basking in god's love for eternity?

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 01:53 PM
I used to think like you. Like you I was indoctrinated into the church from birth. But then a funny thing happened as I grew older - I learned stuff. I saw the contradictions and things that didn't make sens. I learned to THINK FOR MYSELF instead of just repeating dogma. And that is how I know all the shit you are posting is wrong. It makes no sense to take a 100% literal view of the Bible. The message is what is important, not obsessing over minutiae that is not even important. Evolution is no threat to Christianity. The Big Bang in no threat to Christianity. They can, and do for many, coexist.

That's funny. I grew up being indoctrinated in the public schools that the Earth was millions of years ago. I believed it for years. But as I grew older, and gained a better understanding of the Bible, I started questioning what I had learned. So I started researching it and came to realize that the big bullshit theory, and evolution were just peoples ways to explain away God. I opened my mind and realized that those theories made no sense whatsoever, but that the Bible makes perfect sense. And the threat that they pose is just that. It's society's way of explaining away God. Millions of people have been led astray by these false teachings.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Just sat here and watched that whole thing. Interesting. Thx,

Did you view the Tyreek video ?

Fish
03-27-2017, 01:56 PM
See. The Bible explains the cave paintings and so called cavemen, yet you choose to laugh it off and stick to the idea that they existed millions of years ago instead of just thousands of years ago.

No, it explains how some men from town where banished and had to find refuge in caves. Cave men do not move out of town to become cave men. You're being ridiculous.

ptlyon
03-27-2017, 02:02 PM
I choose to believe the latter. It makes way more sense than the idea that somehow, millions of years ago, a bunch of nothing just suddenly formed a universe with one planet placed just perfectly in the right spot for life to exist, then somehow this nothingness just somehow came to life and developed into thousands of different complex life forms. Capable of reproducing,thinking, building, etc..... Because ya know, that can be replicated. We've seen it actually happen right? Nope. Even scientific law contradicts that insane idea. Actual scientific law states that life cannot come from non life. It states that something can't come from nothing. But ignore those scientific facts. Instead, stick to your wild theories. Myself, I will believe that an almighty creator, formed the Earth and the universe and everything else by intelligent design. Because intelligent design is, always has been, and always be, the only way to create.

This is basically where I'm at. I was raised Catholic but certainly don't practice anymore once I was old enough to form opinions of my own.

Something came from something, but we don't know what that something is. And that's ok, I'm fine with that. Personally I don't need to know.

Are we just some ant farm created by something bigger out there for either personal interest or testing in a lab? Like we test in labs as science? Were we created to test and eventually fail? Because like it or not, humans will eventually fail. Over population will consume this earth.

Like Mellencamp sang, "Earth was here long before us, it'll be here when we're gone".

I don't need to pray to believe, nor do I think that whatever created us demands devotion or belief.

Life started somewhere, and it will end somewhere as well, is my belief. Just why, I don't know.

Edit: Forgot to add, things are just too convenient for earth to be in the perfect orbit from the sun to support life only here. The universe is too big. What created the universe? Something did.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 02:05 PM
No, it explains how some men from town where banished and had to find refuge in caves. Cave men do not move out of town to become cave men. You're being ridiculous.

It was more than that. I should have included the next 2 verses. But I stopped short. Here they are. As you can see, the Bible describes them, much as cave men are described. Basically, they were living like animals.

7 Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together.

8 They were children of fools, yea, children of base men: they were viler than the earth.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 02:12 PM
I opened my mind and realized that those theories made no sense whatsoever, but that the Bible makes perfect sense. .

THE BIBLE CONTRADICTS ITSELF

IT DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT SENSE

splatbass
03-27-2017, 02:18 PM
That's funny. I grew up being indoctrinated in the public schools that the Earth was millions of years ago. I believed it for years. But as I grew older, and gained a better understanding of the Bible, I started questioning what I had learned. So I started researching it and came to realize that the big bullshit theory, and evolution were just peoples ways to explain away God. I opened my mind and realized that those theories made no sense whatsoever, but that the Bible makes perfect sense. And the threat that they pose is just that. It's society's way of explaining away God. Millions of people have been led astray by these false teachings.

This is incorrect and the big part of your problem. Science isn't trying to disprove God. Let me say it again so you'll understand: Science isn't trying to disprove God. Science just looks for the truth whatever that may be. If they find scientific evidence for God they will treat it the same as any other thing they study.

The whole "science is out to hurt us" bullshit is just insecurity.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 02:22 PM
If jjchieffan had lived in the middle ages, he would have been burning people at the stake for their science heresy.

DMAC
03-27-2017, 02:25 PM

Please refer to Santana's album cover for their third LP. It should allow you both to settle your differences and coexist.

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2667/cover_657151632010.jpg

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 02:44 PM

First, this is a massive and illogical collapsing of what scientific principles say and don't say, but whatever, let's ignore all that and focus on the bolded sentence.

You understand that the universe is mind-bogglingly big, right. Like the bigness of the universe far exceeds the human mind to really comprehend. Let me put it this way -- if you were on a biggest, widest beach you've ever been on, at low tide, and thought about how many grains of sands were there, and then increased the number of grains of sands by an incredible amount, you'd still have way fewer grains of sand than you have solar systems and planetary bodies int he universe.

Let's put everything else in the Bible aside -- the human conceit that the entire universe was created just for US, humans, is so nonsensically stupid in the context of our understanding of how massive the universe is, that it's completely comical.

It'd be like one of those grains of sands on the beach thinking that not just the beach but the entire world existed just so that one grain of sand could be there. Ridiculous.

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 02:47 PM
https://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/earths_location_in_the_universe-cover.jpg

All this (bottom right) apparently was created for the benefit of us humans on this one little planet. :shake:

Pennywise
03-27-2017, 02:49 PM
I like the sand analogy. I think this was posted on CP a few years ago.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Your faith is being tested, Amnorix. Read your bible and then go to the nearest textbook store and set fire to the science section.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 03:02 PM
First, this is a massive and illogical collapsing of what scientific principles say and don't say, but whatever, let's ignore all that and focus on the bolded sentence.

You understand that the universe is mind-bogglingly big, right. Like the bigness of the universe far exceeds the human mind to really comprehend. Let me put it this way -- if you were on a biggest, widest beach you've ever been on, at low tide, and thought about how many grains of sands were there, and then increased the number of grains of sands by an incredible amount, you'd still have way fewer grains of sand than you have solar systems and planetary bodies int he universe.

Let's put everything else in the Bible aside -- the human conceit that the entire universe was created just for US, humans, is so nonsensically stupid in the context of our understanding of how massive the universe is, that it's completely comical.

It'd be like one of those grains of sands on the beach thinking that not just the beach but the entire world existed just so that one grain of sand could be there. Ridiculous.

That was sure a long way to go around what I was saying without responding to my point. That the creation of the Earth and Universe was done by intelligent design. I'm not going to address what is in the rest of the universe, because it is so expansive, that there is no way of knowing what is out there. I don't know God's reason for creating such an expansive universe. But I do know that it couldn't have happened by some rand big bang. The universe and all life forms are just too complex to have happened by anything other than intelligent design.

Amnorix
03-27-2017, 03:04 PM
That was sure a long way to go around what I was saying without responding to my point. That the creation of the Earth and Universe was done by intelligent design. I'm not going to address what is in the rest of the universe, because it is so expansive, that there is no way of knowing what is out there. I don't know God's reason for creating such an expansive universe. But I do know that it couldn't have happened by some rand big bang. The universe and all life forms are just too complex to have happened by anything other than intelligent design.

Sure, fine. Just back intelligent design up by a million or so years and at least you're not completely out of sync with massive amounts of scientific data.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 03:07 PM
look at this complex life form, no way this could have evolved out of goo

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3251/2963288873_c6d7edd821_b.jpg

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 03:10 PM

I think that there may be a possibility that you evolved out of goo. Or maybe you devolved into a pile of goo.

Edit:I messed that up. Goo would be evolution for you.

Nickhead
03-27-2017, 03:17 PM

fake news, thats just a blob of corexit holding the oil particles from the whole of Deep Water Horizon :D

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 03:19 PM
I think that there may be a possibility that you evolved out of goo. Or maybe you devolved into a pile of goo.

Edit:I messed that up. Goo would be evolution for you.

Evolution is real, bro. My avatar and sig just "evolved."

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 03:21 PM
Evolution is real, bro. My avatar and sig just "evolved."

You can't do that! I own your avatar and sig

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 03:22 PM
You can't do that! I own your avatar and sig

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/raptor_pope.jpg

Fish
03-27-2017, 03:28 PM

OK, then who created the intelligent creator then?

Your explanation suffers from the exact same criticism that you applied to the universe/Big Bang. You can't explain where your deity came from either. You simply accept that it exists or has always existed, without needing to know what created your creator. You do see that hypocrisy at least right? You're forgiving your own theory the fatal criticism that you're applying to the Big Bang....

Nickhead
03-27-2017, 03:45 PM
so what came before the nothingness that was the beginning of the big bang :D

Fish
03-27-2017, 03:54 PM

Giant turtles.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 03:55 PM

Alex Smith

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Your explanation suffers from the exact same criticism that you applied to the universe/Big Bang. You can't explain where your deity came from either. You simply accept that it exists or has always existed, without needing to know what created your creator. You do see that hypocrisy at least right? You're forgiving your own theory the fatal criticism that you're applying to the Big Bang....

God is, was, and always will be. The big bullshit theory says that the Universe and the Earth had a beginning, i.e. the big bang. That's not the same at all.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 04:01 PM
https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/raptor_pope.jpg

Wow!! This is so shocking. Clay failing to honor another lost bet. Can't say I didn't see that coming. You have no honor.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 04:02 PM
Dudes gonna have a monster year 2017:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/12NBx7t0IuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stumppy
03-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Dudes gonna have a monster year 2017:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/12NBx7t0IuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trying to derail the thread. Reported

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Wow!! This is so shocking. Clay failing to honor another lost bet. Can't say I didn't see that coming. You have no honor.

God is punishing you for your young earth bullshit.

You have to promise to never post anything about it ever again for me to restore what god took away.

jjchieffan
03-27-2017, 04:18 PM
God is punishing you for your young earth bullshit.

You have to promise to never post anything about it ever again for me to restore what god took away.

:shake:

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 04:19 PM
Trying to derail the thread. Reported

It's already been derailed and anyway it's my thread ! So there ! :harumph:

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 04:21 PM
:shake:

http://e.lvme.me/lq0rnvl.jpg

Mike in SW-MO
03-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Giant turtles.

"It" reference?

Fish
03-27-2017, 04:31 PM
God is, was, and always will be. The big bullshit theory says that the Universe and the Earth had a beginning, i.e. the big bang. That's not the same at all.

See, you are unable or unwilling to apply the same criticism to your own beliefs, that you're applying to others. That's the point. You said earlier you've opened up your mind, but you've just shown that you're incapable of opening up your mind to even entertain the thought of who created your creator. That's the complete opposite of being open minded.

I can sit here and say there's a possibility that either theory could be true. There's a chance I'm wrong. Can you honestly admit the same? If not, you're fooling yourself about being open minded.

Fish
03-27-2017, 04:35 PM
"It" reference?

An old joke about the infinite regress argument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

RaiderH8r
03-27-2017, 06:00 PM

Ymir spawned the creator and was then slain by his offspring.

-King-
03-27-2017, 06:40 PM
You criticize science for saying something came from nothing but yet you can reconcile God being "here" forever and ever. Right.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
03-27-2017, 06:46 PM

What changed after the flood?

Perineum Ripper
03-27-2017, 06:49 PM

AIDS

loochy
03-27-2017, 07:53 PM

That's when the nerds went and became cavemen and drew on the walls

loochy
03-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Psalm 18:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

So, by literal interpretation, God is a chunk of limestone, a castle, a metal shield, and a trumpet? Wtf?

SAUTO
03-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Psalm 18:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

So, by literal interpretation, God is a chunk of limestone, a castle, a metal shield, and a trumpet? Wtf?
God is everything

loochy
03-27-2017, 08:00 PM
God is everything

God is Dr. Phil.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
God is everything

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-1/0110/south-park-s01e10c05-mr-hankey-visits-kyle-4x3.jpg

Buzz
03-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Only a fool says there is no GOD in their heart.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Only a fool says there is no GOD in there heart.

*their

Apparently god doesn't want you to spell properly.

Buzz
03-27-2017, 08:47 PM
*their

Apparently god doesn't want you to spell properly.

Jesus and I were sharing a beer, it's all good.

-King-
03-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Only a fool says there is no GOD in their heart.

Which God? There are thousands.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass
03-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Jesus and I were sharing a beer, it's all good.

Lager? Ale? What does Jesus like?

If you say Pabst I'm done.

splatbass
03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Which God? There are thousands.
Posted via Mobile Device

Everyone's God is the one true God. Just ask them.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Back on topic guys, there's aliens under the Antartic.

SAUTO
03-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Lager? Ale? What does Jesus like?

If you say Pabst I'm done.

What about natty bo batty?

splatbass
03-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Back on topic guys, there's aliens under the Antartic.

What does Genesis say about aliens under the Antarctic? Do they know Jesus? Have they been there less than 6000 years?

Buzz
03-27-2017, 09:04 PM
What about natty bo batty?

I think he was telling me to cook some peas?

SAUTO
03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
I think he was telling me to cook some peas?GOD DAMMIT.

ignore thread

saphojunkie
03-27-2017, 09:17 PM
This is what happens when you fucking home school.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 10:14 PM
This is what happens when you're home from school fucking.

FYP

splatbass
03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
FYP

What's the deal with your avatar, welching on a bet AGAIN?

Hammock Parties
03-27-2017, 11:14 PM
What's the deal with your avatar, welshing on a bet AGAIN?

God did it.

God will change it back if jjchieffan ceases posting young earth bullshit.

We'll check in tomorrow and see if god is pleased.

splatbass
03-27-2017, 11:57 PM
God did it.

I doubt that he will ever stop. True believers never do.

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 12:01 AM
you will find as you get older in life, that you can only hope for a one true god, or plural, as long as you can spend eternity with the one(s) you love. a lifespan of years, or 100 years is not nearly enough time to enjoy 13 billion years of beauty. we are just unfortunate enough to be humans. there has to be more than just a hundred years of breathing. i was atheist, then became agnostic, but now i hope there is more than this at a later date. otherwise, what a waste of energy. :D

splatbass
03-28-2017, 12:16 AM
you will find as you get older in life, that you can only hope for a one true god, or plural, as long as you can spend eternity with the one(s) you love. a lifespan of years, or 100 years is not nearly enough time to enjoy 13 billion years of beauty. we are just unfortunate enough to be humans. there has to be more than just a hundred years of breathing. i was atheist, then became agnostic, but now i hope there is more than this at a later date. otherwise, what a waste of energy. :D

Lets assume for the sake of argument that the Christian God is the one true God. I'm still 100% convinced he is not the God jjchieffan believes in, a god that creates billions of years of fake evidence to fool us all for no reason other than he can.. I'm sure he will be by to tell us that it is God testing us, but I don't believe a God that can create the universe is so insecure he needs to test us.

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 12:30 AM
have you ever been close to sleep at night, believer or not, and thought, what am i going to do with myself if i don't wake up. as much as i hate people in general :D i love life. i really don't give a fuck what 'god' may be out there, but i sure as fuck care if he is going to take away the things i love for nothingness.

Froggy
03-28-2017, 02:28 AM
have you ever been close to sleep at night, believer or not, and thought, what am i going to do with myself if i don't wake up. as much as i hate people in general :D i love life. i really don't give a **** what 'god' may be out there, but i sure as **** care if he is going to take away the things i love for nothingness.

wow, pretty deep there nick. have a beer and think about football

Coochie liquor
03-28-2017, 03:38 AM
wow, pretty deep there nick. have a beer and think about football

A Nickhead mult taking to himself?

Coochie liquor
03-28-2017, 03:41 AM
What does Genesis say about aliens under the Antarctic? Do they know Jesus? Have they been there less than 6000 years?

I figured I'd anyone would know the answer to this, it would be you...

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:75.0%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_61hzuGGJX0?ecver=2" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 03:50 AM
A Nickhead mult taking to himself?

nooooooooo, i give him a cut of my centrelink payment to prop me up on a chiefs board, and it's called TALKING :D

Coochie liquor
03-28-2017, 04:16 AM
nooooooooo, i give him a cut of my centrelink payment to prop me up on a chiefs board, and it's called TALKING :D

ROFL:D

ChiliConCarnage
03-28-2017, 06:54 AM
Rain Main was right, it is an entrance to the lizard peoples home base Hollow Earth. It's where the pizzagate kids end up for the final preparations. The lizard people are constantly trying to infiltrate our governments.

I'm certain Peter Thiel is one of them. He's been able to infiltrate Trumps tech team and he's even admitted to wanting younger peoples blood.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2016/08/02/peter-thiel-is-out-for-young-peoples-blood/#7f4844e4104c

loochy
03-28-2017, 09:23 AM
WHAT DOES BLACKOP THINK ABOUT THIS?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

DID THE ROTHSCHILDS CREATE THE HOLE? WHAT WAS THE ROLE OF THE ROCKEFELLER FAMILY IN ALL OF THIS?

jjchieffan
03-28-2017, 10:55 AM

There is a lot of interesting reading on that subject. There are several different opinions as to what the climate was like before the flood. But something changed, because life spans dropped dramatically after the flood. And that's what I was getting at. I have never heard of the explanation provided earlier that Dinosaurs had an incredible growth rate from age 14 to 18. I will have to read up on that. It sounds like another guess to make their other ideas work, but I won't say that without at least reading up on it first. My thought was that it would take a longer lifespan for a dinosaur to reach such giant sizes.

tooge
03-28-2017, 11:30 AM

You know, it is perfectly ok, and actually pretty mainstream to think that God created the universe, and then it evolved over 4 billion years to get to where we are today. You wouldn't sound so nuts. There is a bristlecone pine tree that is documented to have over 5000 annually produced rings. Yes, the tree is the oldest living thing on earth. It's 5062 years old. That tree had to come from seed from at least another tree, and since there are several others that are close to that age, it seems hard to believe that the species only goes back another 900 years.

And, if you go down in layers of ice, and count the layers, each being a year, which is proven, not just theory, cuz, well, we've been counting them for years, then you will find that there are indeed over 6000 years worth of ice thickness.

Open your mind man. YOu sound loony

tooge
03-28-2017, 11:33 AM
There is a lot of interesting reading on that subject. There are several different opinions as to what the climate was like before the flood. But something changed, because life spans dropped dramatically after the flood. And that's what I was getting at. I have never heard of the explanation provided earlier that Dinosaurs had an incredible growth rate from age 14 to 18. I will have to read up on that. It sounds like another guess to make their other ideas work, but I won't say that without at least reading up on it first. My thought was that it would take a longer lifespan for a dinosaur to reach such giant sizes.

Several different opinions on what the climate was like before the flood huh? Really? See, science can core through ice and find gases trapped in ice that was around 10-12000 years ago. They pretty much know exactly what the climate was like by looking at melt and freeze rates, atmospheric make up, particles in the air at the time, etc.

Regarding dinosaur ages, yeah, you might want to read up on that.

jjchieffan
03-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Paleontologists uncovered a Velociraptor apparently embroiled in a fight to the death with a Protoceratops. The Velociraptor’s hands were grabbing the head shield of the Protoceratops, while its sickle claw appears to be lodged deep into the body cavity. What explanations do secular scientists offer for such sudden burial and preservation? I can give one. They were caught up in a great flood and buried in sediment, where they fossilized that way.

jjchieffan
03-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Even science disproves the idea that Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago.

In 2005 when Dr. Mary Schweitzer and her team first reported finding original soft tissue, including blood vessels, in dinosaur bone, many of her fellow scientists insisted that she must be mistaken. She must have found residues (called biofilm), they said, left by bacteria and not actual dinosaur tissue. Schweitzer persisted and has now identified a number of soft tissues, such as bone-forming cells (called osteocytes), that are made only by creatures with bones. Most recently, Schweitzer and her team discovered in a T. rex and a duck-billed dinosaur four proteins that are found only in bony creatures. More important, the team discovered DNA in the unfossilized osteocytes, and the tests show that the DNA came from a vertebrate, not bacteria.*
Could dinosaur DNA survive for millions of years? Even its discoverer is loath to admit it, but the clear answer is no.

After death, DNA-repair mechanisms cease to function, and the DNA deteriorates. Bacteria and water also destroy DNA. An extensive and exacting study of bones from New Zealand’s extinct giant moa bird calculated that the lifespan of a DNA strand should be measured in thousands, not millions of years.** Even this fast decay rate is slower than rates seen in laboratory tests, which are 400 times faster and could be measured in decades. So, even under the best conditions for preservation—a constant temperature of 23ºF (-5ºC)—the DNA would disintegrate completely in a fraction of the 65 million years that have supposedly passed since the last dinosaur died.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2017, 12:50 PM

In 2005 when Dr. Mary Schweitzer and her team first reported finding original soft tissue, including blood vessels, in dinosaur bone, many of her fellow scientists insisted that she must be mistaken. She must have found residues (called biofilm), they said, left by bacteria and not actual dinosaur tissue. Schweitzer persisted and has now identified a number of soft tissues, such as bone-forming cells (called osteocytes), that are made only by creatures with bones. Most recently, Schweitzer and her team discovered in a T. rex and a duck-billed dinosaur four proteins that are found only in bony creatures. More important, the team discovered DNA in the unfossilized osteocytes, and the tests show that the DNA came from a vertebrate, not bacteria.*
Could dinosaur DNA survive for millions of years? Even its discoverer is loath to admit it, but the clear answer is no.

After death, DNA-repair mechanisms cease to function, and the DNA deteriorates. Bacteria and water also destroy DNA. An extensive and exacting study of bones from New Zealand’s extinct giant moa bird calculated that the lifespan of a DNA strand should be measured in thousands, not millions of years.** Even this fast decay rate is slower than rates seen in laboratory tests, which are 400 times faster and could be measured in decades. So, even under the best conditions for preservation—a constant temperature of 23ºF (-5ºC)—the DNA would disintegrate completely in a fraction of the 65 million years that have supposedly passed since the last dinosaur died.

What would be cool is if somebody took that dinosaur DNA and sent it in to myheritage.com

ptlyon
03-28-2017, 12:52 PM
What would be cool is if somebody took that dinosaur DNA and sent it in to myheritage.com

You're just wishing for the opportunity to jack one off

jjchieffan
03-28-2017, 01:02 PM
God did it.

If you think that you welching on your bet is more important to me than standing for my beliefs, then you are sadly mistaken. Everyone here already knows that you are a bet welcher. This excuse for welching may be your lamest yet. So whatever floats your boat. Welcher.

Perineum Ripper
03-28-2017, 01:18 PM

So what you are saying is science is all bullshit until that science helps back up your side

Fish
03-28-2017, 01:22 PM

This is based on an actual discovery, but it does not support a young earth creation theory. In fact, the discovery actually helped scientists learn a great deal more about actual evolution. Here's an explanation: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur-shocker-115306469/?c%3Fno-ist=

The funny thing... the scientist in the story who made the discovery, Dr. Mary Schweitzer, is a Christian. And even she agrees that the T.Rex was around 65 million years old. You(and Answers in Genesis) are misrepresenting her work.

Young-earth creationists also see Schweitzer’s work as revolutionary, but in an entirely different way. They first seized upon Schweitzer’s work after she wrote an article for the popular science magazine Earth in 1997 about possible red blood cells in her dinosaur specimens. Creation magazine claimed that Schweitzer’s research was “powerful testimony against the whole idea of dinosaurs living millions of years ago. It speaks volumes for the Bible’s account of a recent creation.”

This drives Schweitzer crazy. Geologists have established that the Hell Creek Formation, where B. rex was found, is 68 million years old, and so are the bones buried in it. She’s horrified that some Christians accuse her of hiding the true meaning of her data. “They treat you really bad,” she says. “They twist your words and they manipulate your data.” For her, science and religion represent two different ways of looking at the world; invoking the hand of God to explain natural phenomena breaks the rules of science. After all, she says, what God asks is faith, not evidence. “If you have all this evidence and proof positive that God exists, you don’t need faith. I think he kind of designed it so that we’d never be able to prove his existence. And I think that’s really cool.”

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2017, 01:25 PM
You're just wishing for the opportunity to jack one off

Yeah, I feel bad for them T-Rex's you know with the short arms and all.

tooge
03-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Paleontologists uncovered a Velociraptor apparently embroiled in a fight to the death with a Protoceratops. The Velociraptor’s hands were grabbing the head shield of the Protoceratops, while its sickle claw appears to be lodged deep into the body cavity. What explanations do secular scientists offer for such sudden burial and preservation? I can give one. They were caught up in a great flood and buried in sediment, where they fossilized that way.

LOL, First off, it takes more than 6000 years to fossilize. By definition, fossils are from plants and animals that died more than 10,000 years ago. Also, all fossils are from animals buried very quickly. Any small flood could cause that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Figured some of you might need this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RxLQeN1-p4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
03-28-2017, 01:41 PM
If you think that you welching on your bet is more important to me than standing for my beliefs, then you are sadly mistaken. Everyone here already knows that you are a bet welcher. This excuse for welching may be your lamest yet. So whatever floats your boat. Welcher.

They are not "beliefs." You are a far-right nut job extremist and you are terrorizing this message board with your jihad against science.

God is very displeased with your actions today and you will suffer.

Hammock Parties
03-28-2017, 01:46 PM

You fucking moron. The water would have carried any animals fighting away from each other.

Whereas an asteroid impact would certainly have buried them in hard material immediately and they would not have had a chance to be separated.

ModSocks
03-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Gotta hand it to jj for holding steadfast in his beliefs.

I didn't expect him to continue this for as long as he has.

tooge
03-28-2017, 02:26 PM

But you said that all the decay rate methods are inexact science and flawed. So, science is inexact unless it seems to (but not really if you know what they are really saying here in this article) support your stance.

jjchieffan
03-28-2017, 03:12 PM
So what you are saying is science is all bullshit until that science helps back up your side

I never said that all science is bullshit. I said that eveloution and the big bullshit theory are bullshit. Most science is cool. I love reading about the scientific work of Tesla with electricity, for example. All I'm saying is that The big bullshit theory and evolution theory don't even stand up to factual science.

LoneWolf
03-28-2017, 03:15 PM
You fucking moron. The water would have carried any animals fighting away from each other.

Whereas an asteroid impact would certainly have buried them in hard material immediately and they would not have had a chance to be separated.

jj is a young earth moron and quite possibly the dumbest poster on CP when it comes to science, but you welching on your bet says a lot about your character. Everybody on this site knows you are welching bitch with no honor and you advertise that fact every day with your avatar and signature.

loochy
03-28-2017, 03:39 PM
jj is a young earth moron and quite possibly the dumbest poster on CP when it comes to science, but you welching on your bet says a lot about your character. Everybody on this site knows you are welching bitch with no honor and you advertise that fact every day with your avatar and signature.

You know, trying to fight on two fronts is what did in Hitler.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
03-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Please don't quote that douche. He's on ignore for a reason.

rydogg58
03-28-2017, 04:09 PM
I never said that all science is bullshit. I said that eveloution and the big bullshit theory are bullshit. Most science is cool. I love reading about the scientific work of Tesla with electricity, for example. All I'm saying is that The big bullshit theory and evolution theory don't even stand up to factual science.

I just...I can't even begin to understand what makes you people think this way. Your faith blinds you.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2017, 04:20 PM
I just...I can't even begin to understand what makes you people think this way. Your faith blinds you.

How in the hell can you join 15 years ago and this is your first post ??

rydogg58
03-28-2017, 04:26 PM

Meh, shitty day at work. I have no idea. I should have been more active in the past, but never was...obviously.

ChiliConCarnage
03-28-2017, 04:28 PM

That's amazing :eek:

LoneWolf
03-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Please don't quote that douche. He's on ignore for a reason.

ROFL Being called a douche by Clay "Fastest GIF in the West" Wendler. ROFL

That's like being called a crybaby by Dick Vermeil.

stumppy
03-28-2017, 05:49 PM
ROFL Being called a douche by Clay "Fastest GIF in the West" W. (name withheld). ROFL

That's like being called a crybaby by Dick Vermeil.,

splatbass
03-28-2017, 06:26 PM

There is no evidence at all of a world wide flood. None. Not to mention the fact that there isn't enough water in our closed system to flood the entire world, and no where for it to drain if it did. It just plain didn't happen.

Now there may have been a regional flood at one time that looked like a world wide flood to uneducated sheepherders, but definitely no world wide flood.

The "evidence" that young earth creationists use to explain it are just wrong. Fossils of sea creatures in the mountains are just proof that the plates collided, causing land that had been under water to shift above water. The Grand Canyon didn't come about from erosion from the flood, it took millions of years. "Creation science" isn't science in any way. Because science doesn't start with a conclusion then look for evidence of that conclusion while ignoring anything that goes against it.

I understand believing in a religion, but you don't have to suspend all logic and reason to do it.

splatbass
03-28-2017, 06:32 PM
You know, trying to fight on two fronts is what did in Hitler.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
There is no evidence at all of a world wide flood. None. Not to mention the fact that there isn't enough water in our closed system to flood the entire world, and no where for it to drain if it did. It just plain didn't happen.

Now there may have been a regional flood at one time that looked like a world wide flood to uneducated sheepherders, but definitely no world wide flood.

The "evidence" that young earth creationists use to explain it are just wrong. Fossils of sea creatures in the mountains are just proof that the plates collided, causing land that had been under water to shift above water. The Grand Canyon didn't come about from erosion from the flood, it took millions of years. "Creation science" isn't science in any way. Because science doesn't start with a conclusion then look for evidence of that conclusion while ignoring anything that goes against it.

I understand believing in a religion, but you don't have to suspend all logic and reason to do it.

not if the earth is slowly expanding :D:tinfoil:

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 06:36 PM
i do have a problem with mankind finding dinosaur bones on the surface when they should be under millions of years of sediment :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2017, 06:38 PM

Yeah, the earth used to be the size of a nickel. Then meterorites.

splatbass
03-28-2017, 06:40 PM

It must have gone into the hollow center. :)

splatbass
03-28-2017, 06:41 PM
i do have a problem with mankind finding dinosaur bones on the surface when they should be under millions of years of sediment :D

There is sediment, but there is also erosion.

Bugeater
03-28-2017, 07:15 PM
Figured some of you might need this

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RxLQeN1-p4A" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>Bullshit title, it should be called "How to unlock your car in 1 minute and 48 seconds.