PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL Owner's Meetings: Rules Changes

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Proposal to eliminate jumping the long snapper to block PATs/FGs passed. So that trick is now eliminated.

Proposal to move spot of ball after a kickoff to the 20, rather than the 25, if the kick went through the uprights got 11 votes. Not enough.

Proposal for automatic ejection for egregious hits to the head passed. No surprise, given the player safety issue at stake (read: lawsuit defense).

Pasta Little Brioni
03-28-2017, 12:22 PM
More selective enforcement rules to benefit teams like the Pats...geez SHOCKING. Suuuuure those auto ejections will be fair, just, and consistent.

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 12:40 PM
More selective enforcement rules to benefit teams like the Pats...geez SHOCKING. Suuuuure those auto ejections will be fair, just, and consistent.

:rolleyes: Belichick and the Patriots are so deep in your head you'll never get them out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Motion to keep Pats fans from acting like supercilious cunts fails.

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Replay review system changed. NFL HQ will now have final say. Officials will no longer go "under the hood." Should speed up replay review as ref won't have to walk all the way over to the replay video monitor.

As with all rules changes, this is specifically designed to fuck the Chiefs. NFL HQ should now have more ability to ensure that all calls go against the Chiefs, without the refs "on the spot" worrying about being murdered by certain whiny-bitch fans like Hamas and PGM.

patteeu
03-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Replay review system changed. NFL HQ will now have final say. Officials will no longer go "under the hood." Should speed up replay review as ref won't have to walk all the way over to the replay video monitor.

As with all rules changes, this is specifically designed to fuck the Chiefs. NFL HQ should now have more ability to ensure that all calls go against the Chiefs, without the refs "on the spot" worrying about being murdered by certain whiny-bitch fans like Hamas and PGM.

LMAO

oldman
03-28-2017, 12:53 PM
I don't have any problem with the ones that passed, but what were they thinking on the kickoff?
I agree, there will be some judgement calls on the egregious hits to the head. I'm sure there will be some teams (*cough* NE, Denver, whatever the team du jour is) that will get the benefit of the doubt both ways on that one.

Red Dawg
03-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Not to worry gents. Brady soon is 40 and the end is near. He will begin the long fall off the cliff this season. At 41 it will be over and Bill will go back to losing like he did before he lucked into Brady if he has the guts to still coach without his crutch.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Does pattoe even know what a football looks like?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-28-2017, 01:12 PM
:rolleyes: Belichick and the Patriots are so deep in your head you'll never get them out.

Your ENTIRE self worth is tied to those frauds successes. How pathetic is that...

stumppy
03-28-2017, 01:13 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Receivers running pass routes now given "defenseless player" protection. So the guy in the 5 yard "chuck" zone of the LOS who gets murdered by a LB that he didn't see -- that won't happen anymore.

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Multiple fouls on same down designed to manipulate game clock made unsportsmanlike conduct penalty also.

a/k/a the Chip Kelly rule.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/nfl-may-crack-down-on-penalties-designed-to-manipulate-the-clock/

Rooster
03-28-2017, 01:22 PM

As with all rules changes, this is specifically designed to **** the Chiefs. NFL HQ should now have more ability to ensure that all calls go against the Chiefs, without the refs "on the spot" worrying about being murdered by certain whiny-bitch fans like Hamas and PGM.

ROFL I knew it!!!

The Franchise
03-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Multiple fouls on same down designed to manipulate game clock made unsportsmanlike conduct penalty also.

a/k/a the Chip Kelly rule.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/nfl-may-crack-down-on-penalties-designed-to-manipulate-the-clock/

You knew that was coming.

Hammock Parties
03-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Man the uprights kickoff thing would be fun.

No fun league.

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Shortening overtime from 15 minutes to 10 tabled until spring meeting.

raybec 4
03-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Shortening overtime from 15 minutes to 10 tabled until spring meeting.

That's obviously a ploy to give the Pats an edge

Amnorix
03-28-2017, 03:57 PM
That's obviously a ploy to give the Pats an edge

I think they're not sure yet, which is why they're tabling it. Once they determine that it DOES give the Pats an edge, it will quickly pass. If they can't, it might not.

stumppy
03-28-2017, 03:59 PM
Where is BlackOp at ? We need all this explained to us.

DaFace
03-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Here's a full list.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/NFL-Approves-Eight-New-Playing-Rules-for-2017-Season/717a7a15-f6f2-42d0-95ed-53ff9763ed61

The below playing rules, bylaws and resolution proposals were adopted by NFL clubs today at the annual meeting:

Approved 2017 Playing Rules Proposals

​​2a. By Philadelphia; Prohibits the “leaper” block attempt on field goal and extra point plays. (Final language will be available on NFLCommunications.com)

8. By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the rule that disqualifies a player who is penalized twice in one game for certain types of unsportsmanlike conduct fouls.

9. By Competition Committee; Changes the spot of the next snap after a touchback resulting from a free kick to the 25-yard line for one year only.

11. By Competition Committee; Gives a receiver running a pass route defenseless player protection.

12. By Competition Committee; Makes crackback blocks prohibited by a backfield player who is in motion, even if he is not more than two yards outside the tackle when the ball is snapped.

13. By Competition Committee; Replaces the sideline replay monitor with a hand-held device and authorizes designated members of the Officiating department to make the final decision on replay reviews.

14. By Competition Committee; Makes it Unsportsmanlike Conduct to commit multiple fouls during the same down designed to manipulate the game clock.

15. By Competition Committee; Makes actions to conserve time illegal after the two-minute warning of either half.

Approved 2017 Bylaw Proposals

4. By Competition Committee; Liberalizes rules for timing, testing, and administering physical examinations to draft-eligible players at a club’s facility for one year only.

5. By Competition Committee; Changes the procedures for returning a player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness to the Active List to be similar to those for returning a player that was Designated for Return.

6. By Competition Committee; The League office will transmit a Personnel Notice to clubs on Sundays during training camp and preseason.

Approved 2017 Resolution Proposal

G-4. By Competition Committee: Permits a contract or non-contract non-football employee to interview with and be hired by another club during the playing season, provided the employer club has consented.

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Makes actions to conserve time illegal after the two-minute warning of either half

does this include spiking the ball on snap?

DaFace
03-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Makes actions to conserve time illegal after the two-minute warning of either half

does this include spiking the ball on snap?

I don't really understand that one myself.

Nickhead
03-28-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't really understand that one myself.

yeah, it's just another rule to punish the defense for playing within the rules, all the while ignoring the offensive aspect of saving time is the same tactic.

Coochie liquor
03-28-2017, 04:36 PM
yeah, it's just another rule to punish the defense for playing within the rules, all the while ignoring the offensive aspect of saving time is the same tactic.

Sounds like it favors teams with elite qb's.... and probably Dungver!!

pugsnotdrugs19
03-28-2017, 05:31 PM
The ejection rule worries me.... they are bound to f**k that up a few times per year and possibly in the playoffs.

Bugeater
03-28-2017, 05:38 PM
The ejection rule worries me.... they are bound to f**k the Chiefs a few times per year and possibly in the playoffs.
Fixed to fit in with the theme of the thread.

KChiefs1
03-28-2017, 06:05 PM
https://youtu.be/-0ZD8R5ly_k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New World Order
03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Oh great. Amnorix, the last person that should ever give an opinion about NFL rules chimes in.

Crush
03-28-2017, 07:10 PM
You know what the NFL needs? More fucking rules. These fucktards are too fucking stupid to realize that they're killing the sport.

Amnorix
03-29-2017, 05:45 AM
Oh great. Amnorix, the last person that should ever give an opinion about NFL rules chimes in.

Why care? Isn't it all fixed in your book anyway?

raybec 4
03-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Why care? Isn't it all fixed in your book anyway?

You dirty rats with your sham super bowls!

Rain Man
03-29-2017, 04:57 PM
I like the kickoff rule. Maybe you get one point if you hit the upright.

Nickhead
03-29-2017, 05:07 PM
if a kickoff is out of bounds its a penalty. why is it not then a penalty when a kickoff is kicked out of the back of the endzone?

i have stated before, if they want kickoffs to be 'safer' they need to bring back the coffin corner kickoff. so then in tandem with the new rule of a kick thru the uprights is one point, out of the back of the endzone the ball is placed at the 20, or wherever it lands on the sidelines. if the returner elects to let the ball go thru the back of the endzone, then the ball is placed at the 10.

it's not a perfect idea, but it's better than what they are trying to do :D

Psyko Tek
03-29-2017, 09:04 PM
Receivers running pass routes now given "defenseless player" protection. So the guy in the 5 yard "chuck" zone of the LOS who gets murdered by a LB that he didn't see -- that won't happen anymore.

Too bad

GloucesterChief
03-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Too bad

The owners hate defense basically.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-29-2017, 10:19 PM
The owners hate defense basically.

The game is catered to Madden nation ballas

Dayze
03-30-2017, 06:30 AM
I've never really understood the touchback thing,...like, ever. I remember as a kid thinking "....I don't get it".
I especially don't like how the ball can be kicked completely out of the back of the end zone, not even landing in bounds at all.

to me, kickoffs / "returns" are becoming about as boring & meaningless as extra point plays, with the exception of a few 'wow' type returns. But they're so few and far between, I find myself not giving a shit.

Amnorix
03-30-2017, 06:41 AM
I've never really understood the touchback thing,...like, ever. I remember as a kid thinking "....I don't get it".
I especially don't like how the ball can be kicked completely out of the back of the end zone, not even landing in bounds at all.

to me, kickoffs / "returns" are becoming about as boring & meaningless as extra point plays, with the exception of a few 'wow' type returns. But they're so few and far between, I find myself not giving a shit.

Yes, this is pretty clearly the NFL's itnention. It wouldn't surprise me if in a few years kickoffs are eliminated entirely and teams get the ball at the 20, or 25, or whatever, after scoring a TD. The REAL problem with that (in teh NFL's view) isn't eliminating kickoffs, it's eliminating any chance of surprise on an onside kick, like we saw in the Colts/Saints Super Bowl.

As Belichick said -- there used to be six competitive plays on special teams. Now there are two. It's basically impossible to block a PAT/FG. No overload, no push, no jump, no covering the center, blah, blah, blah. Kickoffs are also going the way of the dodo. And more and more it's ALL about the quarterback. Yay. :(

Dayze
03-30-2017, 07:14 AM
let's just get crazy. eliminate kickoffs altogether.
but give the 'receiving team' an option; take the ball at the 20 like normal, OR take it at the 35. But if you take it at the 35, you're not allowed to Punt on that drive. you either score via getting into FG range or a TD, or the other team takes over on downs.

lol. **** it.

lawrenceRaider
03-30-2017, 07:40 AM
You dirty rats with your sham super bowls!

http://cloudfront.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/spygate-628x362.png

Amnorix
03-30-2017, 07:48 AM
:D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/76/b8/e7/76b8e734b5a1702c990529ab31c7d2df.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
03-30-2017, 09:55 AM
Self worth tied to a phony sport ROFL

You realize there is a Patriot Planet, right? ??

Amnorix
03-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Self worth tied to a phony sport ROFL

If it's a phony sport why do you care so much about it?

You realize there is a Patriot Planet, right? ??

You do realize I've been here longer than you....n00b?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-30-2017, 01:12 PM
You gloat when John Cena "defies the odds" too, dont you.

Good for you, now go away