PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy: this is a decent QB class

RunKC
03-28-2017, 02:33 PM
"Listen, from what I’ve seen, I think it’s a decent class,” Reid said. “It seems like there’s a number of guys out there. To get into specifics, I haven’t done that, I haven’t gone there yet."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article141237483.html

RunKC
03-28-2017, 02:34 PM
Andy is obviously lying. He hasn't looked into Joe Mixon or these QB's less than a month before the draft?

raybec 4
03-28-2017, 02:37 PM
Andy is obviously lying. He hasn't looked into Joe Mixon or these QB's less than a month before the draft?

Jesus I hope so, if he's not lying he's negligent.

Red Dawg
03-28-2017, 02:42 PM
No scout thinks it's a good class. Dorsey said they all need much work. Andy is just being polite.

Rooster
03-28-2017, 02:54 PM
I think Andy was talking about quantity.

At the NFL Combine:

Reid - "Looks to be a number of guys wearing QB on their shirts."

Dorsey - "Yep"

Rasputin
03-28-2017, 03:36 PM
We tanked on the wrong year and missed out on the Luck sweepstakes but maybe this wouldn't be a bad year to tank

I think we should draft a QB high anyways and if for anything make Alex sweat out his job.

Next year we can draft a QBotf and have competition at the spot.

That is something I think we need rather than just giving it to them.

I don't recall any true competition for the #1 qb spot. We always trade for our starter and that's what we get and then the backups hardly get to show their stuff in preseason because the starter takes 3 quarters to get a touchdown.

Dave Lane
03-28-2017, 03:53 PM
No scout thinks it's a good class. Dorsey said they all need much work. Andy is just being polite.

Please tell me the last time you thought it was a good QB class and link to your comment.

raybec 4
03-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Please tell me the last time you thought it was a good QB class and link to your comment.

Go back to the Jebus thread Dave, we don't need no non-believers up in here

Dave Lane
03-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Go back to the Jebus thread Dave, we don't need no non-believers up in here

Ahhh shucks, please?

raybec 4
03-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Ahhh shucks, please?

Lemme pray about it

Fish
03-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Andy: This is a decent sandwich

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2234133/reidnoms.gif

Mr. Laz
03-28-2017, 04:31 PM
I think we should draft a QB high anyways and if for anything make Alex sweat out his job. Fuck no

You don't use a high draft pick to mess with your QB.

Either replace him or don't

If they see a QB that they really think can play, then fine.

You don't draft one for bullshit, too many needs to waste a high pick.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2017, 04:32 PM

When is the last time you didn't want to draft a QB?

please post a link to every post you've ever made on the subject.

Thanks

Reerun_KC
03-28-2017, 04:40 PM

Andy isn't a QB guru, so his opinion on this QB class is irrelevant....

Mr. Laz
03-28-2017, 04:45 PM
sarcasm?

Everyone on this board seems to think that he is, or at least most do.

I haven't seen it myself.

RunKC
03-28-2017, 04:48 PM
If they see a QB even remotely possible to be a starter, draft him in the first 2 rds.

There is literally no downside to this. If anything, Alex needs to have as much pressure put on him as possible, not this bullshit of having the job handed to him.

If the QB busts, fine. At this point we can afford it. Dorsey blew a 3rd rd pick last year and replaced said pick with a better player to take their spot from off the street by the end of the season.

Dorsey has proven time and time again that he can find good players from the garbage bin to fit the system and play well.
Now it's ****ing time to be serious at QB and fill out the roster.

notorious
03-28-2017, 04:56 PM
He will pass on QB's like he passes on salads.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2017, 05:01 PM

A-fucking men to that.

That's like calling Belicheck a fucking "QB Guru"; it doesn't wash. Bret Favre was the best thing to ever happen to that lard-bucket the same way Brady was the magical goose shit that Bill stepped in to.

Fuck Andy Reid.

Fuck his opinions, fuck his fat ass, and fuck his "guru"-status bullshit if the best he can come up with for a "hand-picked" QB is the current waste of skin taking snaps.

Fucking charlatan.

Reerun_KC
03-28-2017, 05:12 PM
sarcasm?

Everyone on this board seems to think that he is, or at least most do.

I haven't seen it myself.

No it's not sarcasm. It's a fucking bullshit myth that he is some fucking genius with QB... Alex Smith has went from barely serviceable to dog shit under Reid.

He's a complete joke, so this guru bullshit is a false narrative projected in the good ol boy network.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2017, 05:14 PM
No it's not sarcasm. It's a fucking bullshit myth that he is some fucking genius with QB... Alex Smith has went from barely serviceable to dog shit under Reid.

He's a complete joke, so this guru bullshit is a false narrative projected in the good ol boy network.

I sing great praises to thee!

kcxiv
03-28-2017, 05:15 PM
**** no

at this point. I would even be ok with that. if we draft one or not just for the sake of drafting one, it would still give some kind of small hope opposed to no fucking hope that we have now.

WE have 0 percent chance of hitting if we dont try, we at least have a number other then 0 if we even half assed attempt to try.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2017, 05:27 PM
at this point. I would even be ok with that. if we draft one or not just for the sake of drafting one, it would still give some kind of small hope opposed to no fucking hope that we have now.

WE have 0 percent chance of hitting if we dont try, we at least have a number other then 0 if we even half assed attempt to try.

Eeeeeevery Lil' Chiefy sees it now; plain as the rust on Axl's trash arm, as obvious as the powdered sugar on Reid's moustache.

There IS NO "trying for the sake of trying".

You're either in this game or you're not.

You're gonna' take a shot, or continue to be a loser franchise with no real hope at making any serious noise in the post-season.

Bugeater
03-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Fuck no

I don't see anything wrong with someone who is getting paid a high salary being under pressure to perform.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2017, 06:43 PM
We won't be drafting a QB in rd 1. The top three will be long gone. I'm sure they have their eye on a later round. We''ll be taking a day 1 starter at 27

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2017, 07:04 PM
We won't be drafting a QB in rd 1. The top three will be long gone. I'm sure they have their eye on a later round. We''ll be taking a day 1 starter at 27

I have no doubt. That decades-long tradition of pissing in the wind on draft day must be upheld!

philfree
03-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Andy doesn't do the drafting so it doesn't matter what he thinks about the QB class.

Chief Northman
03-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Boo hoo is back in fashion on CP I see.

Whiny bitches.

Chief Northman
03-28-2017, 08:16 PM
A-****ing men to that.

That's like calling Belicheck a ****ing "QB Guru"; it doesn't wash. Bret Favre was the best thing to ever happen to that lard-bucket the same way Brady was the magical goose shit that Bill stepped in to.

**** Andy Reid.

**** his opinions, **** his fat ass, and **** his "guru"-status bullshit if the best he can come up with for a "hand-picked" QB is the current waste of skin taking snaps.

****ing charlatan.

Did Andy kick your dog?
Fuck dude.

Rasputin
03-28-2017, 08:45 PM
Fuck no

Come next year there will be more excuses not to draft a fucking high round quarterback. Bull shit take the best you can get and give him opportunity.

Mean time other teams will take that chance and may find a golden goose.

Rasputin
03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Fuck no

The point is competition. Drive a player to do better that goes for the backups give them opportunity with hope and they will do more to push themselves and the starter will have to play better to keep his job. That's what competition does and if a guy who gets paid millions of dollars can't handle it then wtf is he here for? fucking hell.

Even at that if Alex Smith goes down we don't want to waist our time with a career back up do we? Having a guy in the wings that is groomed to take over anyways should be on the grocery list. That is typical Chiefs having backups that are meant to be backups not guys that have potential. There is always potential for someone to spark out of a draft but if you don't take a chance then you will miss out and that has been the Chiefs problem.

Next year isn't guaranteed anything for us drafting a QBotf.

-King-
03-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Andy doesn't do the drafting so it doesn't matter what he thinks about the QB class.

You don't think it matters what the head coach of a team thinks of potential draft picks? What lol?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-28-2017, 09:33 PM
I don't see anything wrong with someone who is getting paid a high salary being under pressure to perform.
yea, because we don't have any other needs.

fuck getting an ILB we need a token QB to make the fans feel better.

You don't draft a player JUST to draft a certain position

If the player isn't good enough then it's a waste and you might as well trade the pick away to get a better player someplace else.

people have lost their damn minds

cabletech94
03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
smoke screens everywhere........

RunKC
03-28-2017, 10:02 PM

**** getting an ILB we need a token QB to make the fans feel better.

If the player isn't good enough then it's a waste and you might as well trade the pick away to get a better player someplace else.

people have lost their damn minds

Oh the irony of this post :shake:

kcchiefsus
03-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Some teams will inevitably find a winner at QB. We can be guaranteed it won't be this shit franchise.

threebag
03-28-2017, 11:03 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/60221908/bruce-willis-i-see-dead-people-i-see-stupid-people-and-they-dont-know-they-are-stupid.jpg

Chiefshrink
03-28-2017, 11:37 PM
Poker.

Nickhead
03-29-2017, 01:39 AM
Oh the irony of this post :shake:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/miscellaneous-postbox-post-post_irony-ironic-letter_box-tcrn833_low.jpg

wazu
03-29-2017, 04:47 AM
Translation: "Hey other teams: Please draft QBs so I have more options to choose from."

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Only Alex Brainiac is smart enough to run this offense and leave plays on the field!/Bubbles McFatass

philfree
03-29-2017, 06:59 AM
You don't think it matters what the head coach of a team thinks of potential draft picks? What lol?
Posted via Mobile Device

Some cases more than others. On this team Dorsey finds the talent and Reid coaches it.

milkman
03-29-2017, 07:16 AM
Some cases more than others. On this team Dorsey finds the talent and Reid coaches it.

There is no way in hell that Dorsey won't be selecting Andy's guy.

philfree
03-29-2017, 07:34 AM
There is no way in hell that Dorsey won't be selecting Andy's guy.

Andy's guy? Yeah I don't think Dorsey is just going to draft who Andy says to draft.

-King-
03-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Andy's guy? Yeah I don't think Dorsey is just going to draft who Andy says to draft.

You realize that two people can work together and it's not a one or the other situation right?
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
03-29-2017, 08:11 AM
You realize that two people can work together and it's not a one or the other situation right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Did I state otherwise? In the end Dorsey finds the talent that fits into what the coaches say they need.

Titty Meat
03-29-2017, 08:12 AM
Mahomes is Tyler Bray.

Pitt Gorilla
03-29-2017, 11:40 AM

**** getting an ILB we need a token QB to make the fans feel better.

people have lost their damn mindsClearly. Chiefs Fan (TM) doesn't care whether or not a good QB option is available as long as we draft a QB in the first few rounds. The same conversation happens every year.

Dave Lane
03-29-2017, 02:01 PM
When is the last time you didn't want to draft a QB?

please post a link to every post you've ever made on the subject.

Thanks

You will never find that comment. I'm so ready to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds I get hard thinking about it.

Mr. Laz
03-29-2017, 02:32 PM
You will never find that comment. I'm so ready to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds I get hard thinking about it.
Did drafting Hogan and Murray make you cum?

Drafting shitty QB's make Lane jizz all over the place.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtgbRO5Sc4U6Dzq/giphy.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-30-2017, 05:00 AM
Did drafting Hogan and Murray make you cum?

Drafting shitty QB's make Lane jizz all over the place.

He said "first two rounds", not Lil' Chiefy dumpster-dive specials.

RunKC
03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
This QB class has a a handful of guys who have starter qualities and can be developed. It's truly idiotic that posters immediately see "developmental QB" and bitch that taking them would be taking one just to take one.

Even if the worst case scenario happens and we take a QB early and he busts, it won't hurt us that bad. This roster is made up of a lot of guys we got off the street.

Parker, Howard, Abdullah, Ware, West, Sorensen, Mitchell, Sherman, Reyes.

We've had either street FA's or mid/late rd picks step up and become good players every single year under this regime.

It's time to try for a QB an put real pressure on Alex to not hold this team back anymore.

carcosa
03-30-2017, 11:09 AM
I see no problem with drafting a QB with a low 1st, even if it's not the most amazing class ever.

Pitt Gorilla
03-30-2017, 12:44 PM
I have no problem taking a QB if it represents value at the pick; you don't take a guy with "talent" with a high pick if you don't think it it represents value, as those guys can be had "off the street." See: Bray, Foles, etc.

Chiefnj2
03-30-2017, 01:49 PM
I have no problem taking a QB if it represents value at the pick; you don't take a guy with "talent" with a high pick if you don't think it it represents value, as those guys can be had "off the street." See: Bray, Foles, etc.

Value is subjective and different for all 32 teams.

Hackenburg was taken with the 51st pick of the draft and Prescott went 135. Would it have been bad value for the Jets to have drafted Dak instead?

Bortles went 3, Manziel 22. Would it have been bad value to take Carr earlier than 35 (he went 36)?

ChiefGator
03-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Alex Smith has went from barely serviceable to dog shit under Reid.

The four years of Alex Smith's career where he passed for the most yards were ALL under Reid. Four of his best six years (out of 11 ) are under Reid.

Not sure if you are joking or not, but Reid has gotten the most out of Alex Smith/Smiff.

RippedmyFlesh
03-30-2017, 02:11 PM

Hackenburg was taken with the 51st pick of the draft and Prescott went 135. Would it have been bad value for the Jets to have drafted Dak instead?

Bortles went 3, Manziel 22. Would it have been bad value to take Carr earlier than 35 (he went 36)?

I agree. It is just such an inexact science.
Part data part gut feeling.

Pitt Gorilla
03-30-2017, 03:02 PM

Bortles went 3, Manziel 22. Would it have been bad value to take Carr earlier than 35 (he went 36)?Not at all, in either case. Those guys are clearly more valuable than their draft slot. Fortunately, I'm not paid to determine that value ahead of time, as John and Andy are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-30-2017, 07:59 PM
"My dream is to have a super killer, all-star roster of a team that gets torpedoed by my shitty Quarterback year after year after year after year after...."
-Lil Chiefy

Welp, let's see...

Yep; current QB roster is pure dogshit front to back, top to bottom.

We can go ahead and remove "doing it just to do it" from the list of acceptable True Fan cop-outs.

Thanks!

gonefishin53
03-30-2017, 09:30 PM
If this were a decent QB class QB needy teams would be trading up to get in position to draft a decent QB. It's the nature of the position. If there is quality at QB teams will pay to get in position to acquire that quality.

BossChief
03-30-2017, 10:07 PM
This is the PERFECT QB CLASS FOR KC.

PERFECT.

KC doesn't need a new starting QB for a year or 2 and this draft class offers 4 prospects with considerable upside that aren't ready to play day 1.

The fact they aren't ready to play right away probably means a lot of teams drafting high (that need instant gratification at the position) might pass in the first round because they can't give the team a quick return.

That paired with the overall talent level in this draft will likely push the QBs down a bit.

If these guys were ready to go right away, there's no chance KC would have a shot at talents like them.

ChiefGator
03-30-2017, 11:19 PM

PERFECT.

KC doesn't need a new starting QB for a year or 2 and this draft class offers 4 prospects with considerable upside that aren't ready to play day 1.

The fact they aren't ready to play right away probably means a lot of teams drafting high (that need instant gratification at the position) might pass in the first round because they can't give the team a quick return.

That paired with the overall talent level in this draft will likely push the QBs down a bit.

If these guys were ready to go right away, there's no chance KC would have a shot at talents like them.

Yep.. I tend to agree with you.

Not being able to start year one is not much of a negative where we sit. (sorry fellas)

Coogs
03-31-2017, 05:26 AM

PERFECT.

There are 3 or 4 spots in the draft in the top 13 picks that are going to have me pacing the floor. Jets at 6, Browns at 12, and Cards at 13. 49ers at 2 not so much, but at the same time if they grab a QB at 2, we may be hosed.

Once past 13, Houston may be the only worry.

And for me this is Mahomes, Watson, and Trubisky.

Chiefnj2
03-31-2017, 07:39 AM
KC doesn't need a new starting QB for a year or 2 .

BULLSHIT. If they want to make a serious Super Bowl run they certainly need a new starting QB. They've needed one for years. Leave it to KC fans to keep saying "we can get a QB in a year or two". That mantra has certainly paid huge dividends the last 45 years.

raybec 4
03-31-2017, 08:33 AM
BULLSHIT. If they want to make a serious Super Bowl run they certainly need a new starting QB. They've needed one for years. Leave it to KC fans to keep saying "we can get a QB in a year or two". That mantra has certainly paid huge dividends the last 45 years.

You took that one sentence out of context and completely ignored the rest.

ChiefGator
03-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Given the reality of what is going to happen.. we don't need a starting QB for year 1. Better?

Chiefnj2
03-31-2017, 10:52 AM
You took that one sentence out of context and completely ignored the rest.

There have been plenty of QB's in recent years who played in a spread, weren't under center, played in a weak conference, small school, etc. (insert excuse) who draft-niks said should wait a year to play, who came in and played well year 1. I think it's a bit of a cop-out not to play someone year one.

If next years QB class is supposed to be loaded. Why not take the better player next year who can start right away? Why settle for a lesser developmental player?

raybec 4
03-31-2017, 11:16 AM
There have been plenty of QB's in recent years who played in a spread, weren't under center, played in a weak conference, small school, etc. (insert excuse) who draft-niks said should wait a year to play, who came in and played well year 1. I think it's a bit of a cop-out not to play someone year one.

If next years QB class is supposed to be loaded. Why not take the better player next year who can start right away? Why settle for a lesser developmental player?

1) No one knows how many of those draft eligible players will declare
2) No one can predict where the Chiefs or any other QB needy team will be in the order
3) Any rookie QB would benefit from sitting behind a competent pro(say what you will about Alex but he's at least competent) to learn the playbook, defenses, reads and to build rapport with their teammates.
4) If we take one this year and determine he's not the guy we have the option of a possible do over next year.