PDA

View Full Version : MU Eureka Springs, AR. Where to go for dinner?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm thinking of taking Mrs. Tomahawk to Eureka Springs in a few weeks just for a day and night.

Where are the good places to eat for dinner...same goes for breakfast and Brunch.

Any recommendation on where to stay? I want to be within stumbling distance of the bars....

Thanks.

PS. Don't tell Tyler Bray about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why Not?
03-30-2017, 09:56 PM
It's been a decade but when we last ate at Gaskins Cabin, I would have put their prime rib up against anyone in the world's.

Simply Red
03-30-2017, 10:00 PM
how are they looking on White Castles?

NewChief
03-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Ermilio's for dinner. The Crescent is awesome, but not on main walking area. Basin Park or Palace Bath House both walkable from downtown. All three are OLD though with tiny rooms by modern hotel standards. Look into a b&b downtown if you want something with more room. Lots of cool cottage type rentals.

EPodolak
03-30-2017, 11:35 PM
Best Italian restaurant I can remember was there, little place among a strip of bars if I recall.

Edit: it's Ermilio's mentioned above. Fantastic food.

Last time we stayed in Beaver Lake Cottages. Hard to beat unless you want to stay right in town.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
03-31-2017, 05:02 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jo3m2ATiomY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skyy God
03-31-2017, 06:38 AM
I highly recommend staying at the New Orleans hotel and getting a suite. May have a 2 night minimum, tho.

Restaurant-wise, Local Flavor.

Rooster
03-31-2017, 07:12 AM
It's been a decade but when we last ate at Gaskins Cabin, I would have put their prime rib up against anyone in the world's.

I haven't been down there in a very long time but the prime rib was top notch. This gets my vote.

seaofred
03-31-2017, 07:24 AM
Places to eat: Ermilio's (Typical long wait and bar only takes cash), Gaskin's Cabin (Great steaks), Local Flavor (Organic/heath food resturaunt), and Grotto Wood-Fired Grill and Wine Celler. If you just want a burger, go to Sparky's Roadhouse Cafe.

Places to stay: I'd rent a tree-house cabin or stay in one of the hotels listed above. You can rent houses pretty cheap and easy too. One of the guys that works for me has a house they rent on Van Buren street (It's right next to a bar).

BlackHelicopters
03-31-2017, 08:22 AM
Avoid this overcrowded, overrated hard to get to place in NWA. Impossible to maneuver after May 1. Also, too many gay pride weekends that you might stumble along.

NewChief
03-31-2017, 10:44 AM
Places to eat: Ermilio's (Typical long wait and bar only takes cash), Gaskin's Cabin (Great steaks), Local Flavor (Organic/heath food resturaunt), and Grotto Wood-Fired Grill and Wine Celler. If you just want a burger, go to Sparky's Roadhouse Cafe.

Places to stay: I'd rent a tree-house cabin or stay in one of the hotels listed above. You can rent houses pretty cheap and easy too. One of the guys that works for me has a house they rent on Van Buren street (It's right next to a bar).

These are all good suggestions. Also: Mud Street Cafe for breakfast. New Deli cafe is also supposed to be really good Indian. Chelsea's is a funky bar if you want to see where the weirdo locals hang out.

When you go to Ermilio's, I'd suggest checking out the Crescent as well. Go have a cocktail on the balcony of the bar upstairs (Dr. Baker's Lounge) and check out the view, then head over to Ermilio's.

Renegade
03-31-2017, 12:41 PM
Mud Street Café for breakfast is a must.

If you like German, The Bavarian Inn is a good place to eat

mikeyis4dcats.
03-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Mud Street for breakfast.
We found Ermilios okay, but overrated IMHO.
Gaskins Cabin is a good prime rib no doubt.
DeVitos sucks.
Stone House is a good place for drinks and light fare
Chelseas pizza was tasty.
Thai House was decent.

If you are looking for a place to stay, we always stay here
http://www.treehousecottages.com/

DMAC
03-31-2017, 12:47 PM
If the weather is nice, I really like Basin Park's patio. The food is very decent, and it's got that atmosphere.

Rooster
03-31-2017, 12:54 PM

Those tree house cottages look kick ass. I would score some major points if I booked one of those.

Which ones have you stayed in? Are there any you would just stay away from?

NewChief
03-31-2017, 12:57 PM
Mud Street for breakfast.
We found Ermilios okay, but overrated IMHO.
Gaskins Cabin is a good prime rib no doubt.
DeVitos sucks.
Stone House is a good place for drinks and light fare
Chelseas pizza was tasty.
Thai House was decent.

Man. What did you order at Ermilio's? The gnocchi is really good. The meatballs are also really good.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Those tree house cottages look kick ass. I would score some major points if I booked one of those.

Which ones have you stayed in? Are there any you would just stay away from?

we've done Hidewaway and Loft Lookout. The original ones are all walk-outs where you don't have to climb the stairs. Much cooler.

The used to take wait list reservations too, as they are usually booked well in advance, so you might call and ask.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Man. What did you order at Ermilio's? The gnocchi is really good. The meatballs are also really good.

it's been several years, I think maybe we had gnocci and lasagna or manicotti. Like I said, it was okay, but considering the fact we waited like 90 minutes, it was a little underwhelming considering the hype.

NewChief
03-31-2017, 01:08 PM
it's been several years, I think maybe we had gnocci and lasagna or manicotti. Like I said, it was okay, but considering the fact we waited like 90 minutes, it was a little underwhelming considering the hype.

Yeah, the wait is kind of part of the charm. Have a drink. Chat with other people who are waiting. Admittedly, not as much fun if it's ballz cold and you have to be crammed into that upstairs bar.. but if it's nice enough to sit outside; it's enjoyable.

kc rush
03-31-2017, 02:45 PM
These are all good suggestions. Also: Mud Street Cafe for breakfast. New Deli cafe is also supposed to be really good Indian. Chelsea's is a funky bar if you want to see where the weirdo locals hang out.

When you go to Ermilio's, I'd suggest checking out the Crescent as well. Go have a cocktail on the balcony of the bar upstairs (Dr. Baker's Lounge) and check out the view, then head over to Ermilio's.

We stayed at Basin Park Hotel there a couple years ago and had a good time. We tried a lot on this list, all good suggestions.

BWillie
03-31-2017, 02:53 PM
How do you like your muskrat?