PDA

View Full Version : Will Kizer fall to us?

RunKC
04-03-2017, 01:37 PM
From Sirius xm NFL radio

Notre Dame HC @CoachBrianKelly: DeShone Kizer has a strong arm and is physically gifted. I think he has all the tools but needs time.

Notre Dame HC @CoachBrianKelly: DeShone Kizer should still be in college. Needs more time to grow on & off field. He isn't complete yet.

Wtf is up with brian kelly? Way to shit all over your player. I really think this guy is gonna fall down the board and be there for us at 27 bc of Brian Kelly. If he's saying this shit on radio, imagine what he's told scouts.
That and Kelly benching him last season probably has teams spooked.

This is actually good for us bc I would love the kid sitting for a year or two and learning, but good god did this kid get ****ed over.

staylor26
04-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Yea it's one thing to tell scouts/teams that, but this is unnecessary. I'm pretty confident he will be there at 27, but I'm not confident that we take him.

The Franchise
04-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Brian Kelly is an asshole and that's coming from an Irish fan.

The Franchise
04-03-2017, 02:50 PM
I'm not seeing this on his twitter page BTW.

Titty Meat
04-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Brian Kelly is an asshole and that's coming from an Irish fan.

I'd take him at Nebraska. I think?

The Franchise
04-03-2017, 03:16 PM

He gets wins.....I have no problem with that but the whole way that he handled the Kizer/Zaire issue last season was complete bullshit.

raybec 4
04-03-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm not seeing this on his twitter page BTW.

He didn't tweet it, he said it on Sirius and they tweeted it.

The Franchise
04-03-2017, 03:27 PM
He didn't tweet it, he said it on Sirius and they tweeted it.

The quote with his twitter handle in front of it made it look like tweeted it. My bad. Still a fucking dick move.

raybec 4
04-03-2017, 03:35 PM
The quote with his twitter handle in front of it made it look like tweeted it. My bad. Still a ****ing dick move.

He's going to fuck himself for recruiting if he keeps this kind of shit up. I get it, it's Notre Dame and it's a storied program but kids don't want to play for a guy that will trash them to the NFL. Especially if they've been good soldiers when they got benched.

O.city
04-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Kelly is a POS. Fuck him.

Chief Roundup
04-03-2017, 07:24 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hXuuiaj7YzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup
04-03-2017, 07:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJcPzb815A

Embed disabled

Football IQ with Mariucci

The Franchise
04-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Hope to God we draft this kid.

Black Bob
04-03-2017, 07:40 PM

I don't see it man. He makes too many bad decisions. Andy doesn't seem to want to deal with that shit. He is more about brains than brawn at the QB position these days.

OldSchool
04-03-2017, 08:54 PM

I hope not. He fucking sucks. Kelly was right, he needed to stay in school.

Chief Northman
04-03-2017, 11:05 PM
I hope not. He ****ing sucks. Kelly was right, he needed to stay in school.

All these kids should have stayed in school. Be thankful this is not the NBA.

RunKC
04-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Who cares if Kizer was "supposed to stay in school?". Trubisky and Webb started only 1 full season, so that's understandable, but Kizer played 2.

Sit him for a year, even 2 if need be. If the kid has intangibles, passion and measurements to play, then bring him along slowly.

The beauty of this is that we don't need a guy that's ready day 1.

Quesadilla Joe
04-04-2017, 06:01 AM
The beauty of this is that we don't need a guy that's ready day 1.

Chiefs fans will want to see their shiny new first round QB and will not have much patience with Alex Smith. The boo birds will be out and calling for Smith to be benched the first time he throws a check down on third and long.

RunKC
04-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Chiefs fans will want to see their shiny new first round QB and will not have much patience with Alex Smith. The boo birds will be out and calling for Smith to be benched the first time he throws a check down on third and long.

CP will but not fans at Arrowhead.

The Chiefs are still a 10 win team next year and fans won't bitch about that.

Quesadilla Joe
04-04-2017, 07:41 AM
CP will but not fans at Arrowhead.

The Chiefs are still a 10 win team next year and fans won't bitch about that.

The Broncos made it to the AFCCG in 2005, were 7-2 in 2006 and the fans booed Plummer because they wanted to see Cutler play. The fans at Arrowhead will do the same.

Quesadilla Joe
04-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Once your team drafts a QB in the first round you really don't want to watch a guy like Alex Smith/Kyle Orton/Jake Plummer anymore. Every time your team goes three and out you'll say to yourself, "The rookie could've done that!".

Chief Northman
04-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Once your team drafts a QB in the first round you really don't want to watch a guy like Alex Smith/Kyle Orton/Jake Plummer anymore. Every time your team goes three and out you'll say to yourself, "The rookie could've done that!".

The fear is strong with this one.....

RealSNR
04-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Or Trevor Semen?

"But he's not like those guys!"

chiefscafan
04-04-2017, 08:43 AM
He's a lot like Donavan coming out though

Quesadilla Joe
04-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Or Trevor Semen?

"But he's not like those guys!"

He's still young. You know what Alex Smith is, Siemian still has some upside.

RunKC
04-04-2017, 09:32 AM

I will be more than okay with Alex playing in 2017 and even in 2018 if there is a QB like Kizer sitting on the bench.

The Franchise
04-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Draft Kizer and I'll be fine with Alex playing next year.

Chiefnj2
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM
I will be more than okay with Alex playing in 2017 and even in 2018 if there is a QB like Kizer sitting on the bench.

If Kizer isn't capable of throwing 15 TD passes his rookie year then he isn't worthy of a first round pick. No reason why the top guys couldn't come in year 1 and play the ultra-conservative game plan that Reid has used with Smith.

rico
04-04-2017, 10:22 AM

Me too, just as long as benching Alex for Kizer is at least an option once he starts shitting his pants and inevitably stalemate-ing the offense.

ct
04-04-2017, 10:22 AM
no thanks

SAGA45
04-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Kizer isn't bad but I can't recall off the top of my head, a Notre Dame QB in the last 20 years to become a viable starter in the NFL. Definitely don't recall one to do so under Brian Kelly. I could be wrong.

Dunerdr
04-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Kizer isn't bad but I can't recall off the top of my head, a Notre Dame QB in the last 20 years to become a viable starter in the NFL. Definitely don't recall one to do so under Brian Kelly. I could be wrong.

by that logic theres probably only 4 schools you could draft from

BossChief
04-04-2017, 08:07 PM

What happened in his big games, from what you've seen?

I've been told he shut down mentally (for lack of a better term) during some of the bigger matchups. Maybe he got too confused out there or something?

O.city
04-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Kelly is an ass. I'd take Kizer. I figure he ends up in Houston.

BryanBusby
04-04-2017, 08:53 PM
What happened in his big games, from what you've seen?

I've been told he shut down mentally (for lack of a better term) during some of the bigger matchups. Maybe he got too confused out there or something?
He looked fantastic against Texas. Nothing more than a hunch, but I think most of the team packed it in and didn't play at full potential when they started to skid.

In be4 Kelly having Kizer drop back a lot in a hurricane.

SAGA45
04-09-2017, 03:50 PM
by that logic theres probably only 4 schools you could draft from

Are you serious? Do you realize Notre Dame hasn't produced a successful franchise QB since Joe Montana? That's 38 years of trend tipping the odds against Kizer becoming a successful, franchise quarterback in the NFL or even having a successful NFL career.

Coochie liquor
04-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Are you serious? Do you realize Notre Dame hasn't produced a successful franchise QB since Joe Montana? That's 38 years of trend tipping the odds against Kizer becoming a successful, franchise quarterback in the NFL or even having a successful NFL career.

So Seattle shouldn't have drafted Wilson

Pitt should have never drafted Big Ben...

SAGA45
04-09-2017, 05:25 PM
So Seattle shouldn't have drafted Wilson

Pitt should have never drafted Big Ben...

Wilson was a third round pick...we're not discussing Kizer as a potential third-round pick but as a first rounder. Nonetheless, I completely understand your point here.

The difference, however, is Miami OH and NC State/Wisconsin didn't have the established history and precedent of first/early-round QB failures that Notre Dame currently has post-Montana.

And to be clear, I'm NOT saying Kizer WILL be a bust and shouldn't be drafted. I'm just noting that history isn't in favor of him being successful. There's always the possibility of him being a damn good QB and bucking the trend.

RealSNR
04-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Never draft Penn State RBs. Chiefs will be making big mistake if they take Larry Johnson.

BossChief
04-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Only a fool would draft Aaron Rodgers in the first.

The success rate of Tedford QBs is atrocious.

I'm not saying Kizer is in the same class, but there's no way I'm crossing this kid off the list just because he played at Notre Dame.

staylor26
04-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Yea that's just silly. The only objective way to scout a guy is to ignore the helmet.

The Franchise
04-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Because it's the college that can't produce the QBs....not the shitty teams that draft them and start them earlier than they should.

SAGA45
04-09-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm not saying Kizer is in the same class, but there's no way I'm crossing this kid off the list just because he played at Notre Dame.

And I wasn't suggesting as much. There's always an exception to the rule.....like Carson Palmer vs USC QB's in the last 34 years ...but he's an exception nonetheless....not the norm. Thus why I stated historically the odds of Kizer becoming a successful QB aren't good. Time will tell if he becomes an exception or part of the norm.

Hammock Parties
04-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Kizer's like a 3rd rounder man.

staylor26
04-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Kizer's like a 3rd rounder man.

Who's your QB in this years draft class?

raybec 4
04-09-2017, 10:13 PM
And I wasn't suggesting as much. There's always an exception to the rule.....like Carson Palmer vs USC QB's in the last 34 years ...but he's an exception nonetheless....not the norm. Thus why I stated historically the odds of Kizer becoming a successful QB aren't good. Time will tell if he becomes an exception or part of the norm.

You do realize that over 90% of ALL quarterbacks drafted don't become franchise guys regardless of where they played in school. It has a hell of a lot more to do with the individual than where they went to school.

SAGA45
04-09-2017, 10:52 PM
You do realize that over 90% of ALL quarterbacks drafted don't become franchise guys regardless of where they played in school. It has a hell of a lot more to do with the individual than where they went to school.

I never said that it didnt. Nevertheless, the historical trend is still worth noting. Its no different than noting the historical success of Ohio State defensive backs in the league. My point still stands. Again, Im not saying he is doomed to fail. Time will tell if Kizer is the exception or the rule.

Hammock Parties
04-10-2017, 03:20 AM
Who's your QB in this years draft class?

None of them

staylor26
04-10-2017, 11:07 AM
None of them

Coward

The Franchise
04-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Coward

Geno hurt his psyche.

ptlyon
04-10-2017, 02:09 PM

Of course. You take all assholes.

staylor26
04-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Geno hurt his psyche.

I figured as much. You can't bitch and complain about Alex, praise Carr while giving the organization shit for passing on him, and still be against/scared to draft a QB that isn't an elite prospect. It's all hypocrisy.

Coochie liquor
04-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Clay gotta be trolling now.

Willie Lanier
04-10-2017, 06:42 PM
I'm really starting to warm up to kizer...

He has tools, tools, and more tools...

But he definitely has his wtf moments

Black Bob
04-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Kizer reminds me of Jeff Blake.

Willie Lanier
04-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Kizer reminds me of Jeff Blake.

So you'd only be good with kizer in the 6th?

Titty Meat
04-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Yikes this guy stares down WRs like Cassel

GloucesterChief
04-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Don't want a QB that has had almost no success in college.

SAGA45
04-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Don't want a QB that has had almost no success in college.

Benched several times last season...for the majority of the fourth quarter in a tight 17-10 loss to Stanford.

There's a lot to like about Kizer. It's easy to see why QB-savvy coaches like Reid would want him as a project. He's got some guts and grit but may be lacking that x-factor. It's almost like you see some Roethlisberger in him at times but then he does something mind-numbing to bring you back to reality.

OldSchool
04-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Benched several times last season...for the majority of the fourth quarter in a tight 17-10 loss to Stanford.

There's a lot to like about Kizer. It's easy to see why QB-savvy coaches like Reid would want him as a project. He's got some guts and grit but may be lacking that x-factor. It's almost like you see some Roethlisberger in him at times but then he does something mind-numbing to bring you back to reality.

So you want to take a guy that you know will be a bust, with your 1st round pick? You'd make a fantastic GM one day. ROFL

SAGA45
04-10-2017, 11:48 PM
So you want to take a guy that you know will be a bust, with your 1st round pick? You'd make a fantastic GM one day. ROFL

Where did I say I wanted the Chiefs to draft Kizer in the first round?

MahiMike
04-11-2017, 11:22 AM
3rd rounder

BossChief
04-11-2017, 03:01 PM
He's gonna fall.

The Franchise
04-11-2017, 03:03 PM
I'd be fine if they grab a defensive player in the 1st and then trade up in the 2nd to grab Kizer if he falls.

staylor26
04-11-2017, 03:07 PM
I'd be fine if they grab a defensive player in the 1st and then trade up in the 2nd to grab Kizer if he falls.

Fine? I'd have a permanent erection. If we can get one of the top QB's AND another 1st round talent on D that would be huge.

BossChief
04-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Even his gruden interview bothers me. He talks about how he wants to make the throws opposing DCs don't think he can make.

I see a guy that will throw a lot of risky passes in the NFL and doesn't have the mental toughness to keep the team together if things go south because of it.

I just really am not a fan.

The only way I draft a QB in the first is if I think KC can win a title with him.

I sense a bit of Jimmy Clausen in the kid.

The Franchise
04-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Even his gruden interview bothers me. He talks about how he wants to make the throws opposing DCs don't think he can make.

I see a guy that will throw a lot of risky passes in the NFL and doesn't have the mental toughness to keep the team together if things go south because of it.

I just really am not a fan.

The only way I draft a QB in the first is if I think KC can win a title with him.

I sense a bit of Jimmy Clausen in the kid.

:spock:

You want Mahomes because he'll throw risky passes but hate Kizer for it?

MahiMike
04-11-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm thinking with all the talent in this draft, a surprising number of QBs will fall. My guess is only 3 gone by 3rd round. 4 tops.

raybec 4
04-11-2017, 03:14 PM

You just pulled that directly from your sphincter.

raybec 4
04-11-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking with all the talent in this draft, a surprising number of QBs will fall. My guess is only 3 gone by 3rd round. 4 tops.

Man, I doubt that. Not in today's QB driven league. I think by the third round Trubs, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer, and Webb are all gone.

The Franchise
04-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Trubisky and Watson are going 1st for sure. By the end of the 2nd....you'll see Mahomes, Kizer and Webb gone as well.

kccrow
04-11-2017, 05:06 PM
I've fallen off just a bit on Kizer. I still like his upside more than Webb or Peterman, but I'm not sure if I'd spend a 1st on him or not at this point.

But then there's the problem. You know that teams drafting in the top 10 are going to look at QB's early in the 2nd when they pass on them in the 1st.

I feel like Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson are safe bets to go round 1. I think you gotta move up to get any of them at this point, at least to #22 ahead of New York.

You can't really drop back and hope to get a Kizer or Webb, with New Orleans, Cleveland (if they pass at 12), Chicago, and so forth coming up.

RunKC
04-11-2017, 05:16 PM
The thing that scares the hell out of me about this kid is accuracy. It's not getting better in the league.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't draft him bc of poor accuracy, but I still really like him and would be excited if he was the pick.

GloucesterChief
04-11-2017, 05:25 PM
No to Jeff George v.Whatever.