PDA

View Full Version : Report: Deshaun Watson meeting with Kansas City Chiefs

Stryker
04-03-2017, 02:15 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs and Deshaun Watson are being connected as a potential perfect fit in this year's draft. It appears the Chiefs themselves are at least intrigued by the idea, as well.

Watson is meeting with the club on Monday, per ESPN's Josina Anderson. He'll meet with the Browns on Tuesday, according to the report. The Cleveland Plain-Dealer reported last month that the Browns would hold a workout and visit with the Clemson QB.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has said Alex Smith is his QB for 2017, but the club is doing its due diligence on some the draft's top QBs. The team scheduled a private workout with North Carolina's Mitchell Trubisky. Watson and Trubisky are the Nos. 2 and 3 QBs in NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock's ranking of the top five prospects at each position.

Count NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks among those who see Kansas City as an ideal landing spot for Watson.

"Andy Reid's track record shows he's had tremendous success with athletic quarterbacks," Brooks wrote last week. "I think Watson's game is similar to the Chiefs' Alex Smith. This would be a perfect fit for the Clemson QB. He could sit for a while and watch Smith, a guy who's a winner."

Brooks and fellow analyst Charley Casserly have the Chiefs taking Watson with the 27th overall pick in their most recent mock drafts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797148/article/report-deshaun-watson-meeting-with-kansas-city-chiefs

O.city
04-03-2017, 05:43 PM
If he's there, I'm in.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Great, waste a 1st round pick on a bench rider

Dunerdr
04-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Hate the smith comparison lol but like what I've seen on the kid seems like he's a competitor

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Hate the smith comparison lol but like what I've seen on the kid seems like he's a competitor

The weak arm has a lot to do with that comparison

Dunerdr
04-04-2017, 02:23 PM
The weak arm has a lot to do with that comparison

Smiths arm strength sure isn't what makes him a second tier guy..

BlackHelicopters
04-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Watson be long gone. News is pure propaganda.

MahiMike
04-04-2017, 02:29 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE!

Dave Lane
04-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Smiths arm strength sure isn't what makes him a second tier guy..

Yeah his shriveled nads are what really makes him a second tier guy

DJ's left nut
04-04-2017, 03:23 PM
I hope Cleveland takes him and Houston takes Kizer, leaving Mahomes for us.

You can't have a guy that throws a flutter-ball in the midwest. He simply won't be able to make all the throws in some of those shitty weather games in November/December. I see a guy with plus athleticism but erratic mechanics and a genuinely below average arm.

"Can make all the throws" has become damning with faint praise in relation to QB arm strength and to be honest, I'm not certain that Watson actually can make all the throws at the next level. To be able to survive with Chad Pennington's arm strength you'd better be supremely accurate and Watson simply isn't.

We're treading dangerously close to Tim Tebow waters here. "He's a winner" is just bullshit - full stop. There's no such animal. You're either a good player or you aren't and I don't see any way that Watson is more than a novelty at the next level.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah his shriveled nads are what really makes him a second tier guy

And Watson's will shrivel up the moment he tries to fit a ball into the spaces he got them into in college, doesn't have the velocity to drive it in there and it gets picked. It's easy to be confident when you're a big fish. He won't be that guy anymore at the next level and you'll see that confidence start to flag from the moment he takes his first snaps in the NFL.

Folks will HATE Watson by his 3rd year as a starter, IMO. He's not going to be the guy that folks are looking for. Dane had it balls on months ago - he's Tyrod Taylor through and through.

And at a rookie salary scale that might be acceptable, but acceptable is all he'll be and when it comes time to pay the man, we'll end up right where we are right now - a mediocre but highly compensated game manager.

The Franchise
04-04-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm more worried that the Jets take Trubisky, the Browns take Watson, the Cardinals take Kizer and the Texans take Mahomes.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm more worried that the Jets take Trubisky, the Browns take Watson, the Cardinals take Kizer and the Texans take Mahomes.

Which could easily happen. Kizer's an outstanding fit for Arizona.

I'd be disappointed, but I'd rather have that happen than take Watson, who is just a waste of a pick, IMO. Same shit, different color doesn't appeal to me.

Coogs
04-04-2017, 03:49 PM

Don't sleep on the 69ers either. They aren't exactly set at QB long term. I have seen where they would be open to moving back a bit from #2... Carolina at #8 is what I have read... and grab a QB there.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Don't sleep on the 69ers either. They aren't exactly set at QB long term. I have seen where they would be open to moving back a bit from #2... Carolina at #8 is what I have read... and grab a QB there.

I don't see anyone falling over themselves to move up to 2 in this draft. Everybody from about 2-12 is pretty evenly situated. There's no clear consensus #2 prospect.

And the 49ers aren't going to trade so far out of that range that they lose a shot at one of the dozen or so premier guys.

Solomon to the 49ers seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. There's just so much momentum in that direction right now.

buddha
04-04-2017, 04:11 PM
We're treading dangerously close to Tim Tebow waters here. "He's a winner" is just bullshit - full stop. There's no such animal. You're either a good player or you aren't and I don't see any way that Watson is more than a novelty at the next level.

ROFL

There is nothing here to compare Tebow to Watson.

You are entitled to your opinion about Watson, but he's a totally different QB than Tim Tebow. That's just stupid talk.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2017, 08:18 PM

Yep, guarantee they're all gone by 27 which is good. we need a day 1 starter.