PDA

View Full Version : Life Dodged a bullet this week

Lex Luthor
04-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Monday night I was having difficulty breathing and slight chest pain. Tuesday morning I decided to go to the ER. It turns out I have pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in the lung).

The ER doctor told me that if I had not gone in, I would have had died within two days. So, I'm kind of glad I went in.

There is only one thing we to say to Death. Not today!

BqihaEPq_lY

O.city
04-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Damn, congrats I guess?

Titty Meat
04-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Any idea what caused it?

Why Not?
04-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Cool. Glad your not dead. I wish I would have dodged a bullet by not watching the Royals first few games.

O.city
04-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Any idea what caused it?

Could be alot of things. It likely started (the clot) in his legs or deep body and went to his lungs.

I'd guess it has something to do with clotting factors.

Meatloaf
04-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Whoa, Lex, sounds like that was a close call. Sorry you have the embolisms, but glad to hear that you're on top of said situation. Take care!!!

Rain Man
04-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Way to stand up to death there. In the end, my money's on death winning, but not this time.

Buehler445
04-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Embolisms aren't anything to fuck with. Good luck man.

Lex Luthor
04-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Any idea what caused it?

You know how every television commercial for prescription drugs quickly list about a dozen possible side effects in the last 5 seconds of the commercial? I'm taking a prescription drug that has apparently been linked to pulmonary embolisms in some patients.

Lex Luthor
04-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Whoa, Lex, sounds like that was a close call. Sorry you have the embolisms, but glad to hear that you're on top of said situation. Take care!!!

Thanks Meat. I will.

Dallas Chief
04-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Glad you caught it before it was too late. Thats some scary stuff. Be well.

Lex Luthor
04-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Embolisms aren't anything to **** with. Good luck man.

It could be worse. They could have caused a stroke or a heart attack. I've got to think I was lucky they just went to my lung.

Dallas Chief
04-06-2017, 11:41 AM
You know how every television commercial for prescription drugs quickly list about a dozen possible side effects in the last 5 seconds of the commercial? I'm taking a prescription drug that has apparently been linked to pulmonary embolisms in some patients.

Please tell me it isn't a statin/crestor/lipitor...

Lex Luthor
04-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Please tell me it isn't a statin/crestor/lipitor...

It wasn't.

I'd prefer not to name the drug because I don't know with 100% certainty that it was the cause, and the vast majority of the patients who take it are just fine.

However, it seems to be the smoking gun, and I'd prefer to think we found the cause. It's easy to stop taking the drug.

If anyone really wants to know, just send me PM.

New World Order
04-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Was the drug you took manufactured by the Russians?

In all seriousness, glad you're okay.

Dayze
04-06-2017, 12:24 PM
about two years ago I went to the ER, thinking I was having a heart attack; they took pictures of my chest via CT scan (I think) and saw that my heart was ok, but saw some PE clots. They also saw something towards the bottom on the picture, so they sent me back in for some more CTs. Found out my gall bladder was AFU. Had my gall bladder not cause me to go to the ER......yikes. Don't even want to think about that.

So basically, my gall bladder going tits up and needing to come out, caused me to go to the ER where they discovered clots. I had the gall bladder taken out, though they wanted me to wait, get on thinners, then come back in a few months to get the gall bladder out. F that. I told there was no way i could wait. So they put me on some super potent thinners for a day or so in the PCU, then put in an IVC filter, then took out the gall bladder. Just had the IVC taken out about a month or so ago.....they removed it via going in through my jugular! I was not expecting that; thought that they would remove it the same way that it went in - down by my groin/scrote.

Been on blood thinners ever since, though recently got my dosage cut in half. And, because I lost my insurance for a while, I was off of them for about a year. They toook blood every hour for about 36 hours while I was in the PCU and the blood work results showed I have a genetic mutation in my genes that makes me prone to clotting. In fact, I had 2 bouts of superficial something-thrombosis (can't remember the exact term obviously...but they weren't the DVT type clost) back in November and then December. My calf was sore, and I had a big red line going up my leg where some veins were. Had to get an ultrasound after each incident and each time they found a cluster of clots. So, this caused me to re-visit the blood doc and I'm back on the thinners again and to get the IVC taken out. Should've been on them the entire time, but I made the mistake of thinking "nah...I'm good. i don't need them" when I went without insurance for a bit then was delinquent in getting back on them. Turns out I was wrong. I''ll basically be on them the rest of my life.

LiveSteam
04-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Jesus man. That's to close for comfort.
Glad you're OK now.

Coochie liquor
04-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Wow, glad you got it checked out. Lex Luthor looked death right in the ugly mug, and broke out some Ice Cube on dat ass!!

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:75.0%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qbXAY688ljY?ecver=2" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Prison Bitch
04-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Was the drug you took manufactured by the Russians?

In all seriousness, glad you're okay.

:clap:

Rasputin
04-06-2017, 01:21 PM
nlm:reaper: / Lex Luthor

Mr. Kotter
04-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Glad you made it to the ER. :)

Dave Lane
04-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Glad you pulled through fine. You are needed here and we have not yet given you permission to leave. :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Glad your not dead yet.

BlackHelicopters
04-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Lex. You made the right move obviously. Praying for your continued recovery.

go bo
04-06-2017, 11:11 PM
thank goodness you're ok!!!

not today!! not today, motherfucker!!!

Bowser
04-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear you dodged that bullet. Take care of yourself going forward.

burt
04-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Life is precarious!! Glad you won this round!!!

Marcellus
04-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Glad you are OK, thats scary shit.

Rasputin
04-07-2017, 10:43 AM
If you can dodge a bullet you can dodge a dodge ball

patteeu
04-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Glad you made it, Lex!

Scooter LaCanforno
04-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Lucky Guy. Only a small % survive this. Time to start working out every day.