PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Checking the temperature, Joe Mixon

chiefforlife
04-07-2017, 08:35 PM
OK, I know we signed Tyreek Hill and had some PR stuff to deal with. Id say the team and community handled it quite well and we ended up with a very good player.
I noticed the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers have all had Mixon in for a workout.
If hes going to end up in our division, why not on our team? CHIEFS!!
The staff and front office have shown they know how to deal with a situation like this. What he did was terrible but it was years ago, he is remorseful and has kept himself out of trouble ever since.
2nd or 3rd round steal? I'd do it!!

Checking the temperature on this? What say you?

BlackHelicopters
04-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Pass

Mr. Laz
04-07-2017, 08:40 PM
I'd worry about letting "issue" guys build up on the team.

Never know when you might get one too many and just have it implode.

Baby Lee
04-07-2017, 08:41 PM
In Dorsey I'll trust. Whatever our relationship with Mixon come this fall.

SAUTO
04-07-2017, 08:44 PM

My feelings exactly.

chiefforlife
04-07-2017, 08:45 PM

I think thats a fair concern. I also think that we have Justin Houston and Tyreek hill on our team because other teams were worried about this kind of thing.
Adding a top notch running back for a second or third round pick to me is a similar move and has really paid off for us. I like the way this has helped our team and the players previously mentioned have been model citizens since joining the team. Perhaps they could help a guy like Mixon stay between the lines.

Sandy Vagina
04-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Don't need him enough to risk such backlash and moral diminutization.

(yes, maybe I did make that word up, don't curr)

chiefforlife
04-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Don't need him enough to risk such backlash and moral diminutization.

(yes, maybe I did make that word up, don't curr)

I think I would, we might be the "Bad news Bears" but also we are rehabilitating young players and so far, they are turning into good human beings and great players. Maybe our team is the perfect place for guys like this...

BigBeauford
04-07-2017, 09:08 PM
If you haven't seen the video of him wrecking that girls face, you should watch it before forming an opinion.

Fuck Joe Mixon.

BryanBusby
04-07-2017, 09:12 PM
If the value was there, sure why not. I think he's gonna go fairly early though.

Reerun_KC
04-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Would take. Team is as soft as Reid's underbelly...

LoneWolf
04-07-2017, 09:17 PM
He made one huge mistake when he was 18 years old. If he's available, I'd be fine with the Chiefs trading up in the second round to take him.

BossChief
04-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Only in the third.

This draft has way too many stud defenders we would be passing on in the second round to take a chance on another guy that has hit a woman.

He's a really good talent, but I think there are equally as talented guys (relatively speaking) that wouldn't come with baggage that play on the defensive side of the ball at that pick.

Gimme a pass rusher over a running back, any day.

BossChief
04-07-2017, 09:19 PM
He made one huge mistake when he was 18 years old. If he's available, I'd be fine with the Chiefs trading up in the second round to take him.

You would trade up to get him?

Really?

Sorry, but fuck that.

LoneWolf
04-07-2017, 09:23 PM
You would trade up to get him?

Really?

Sorry, but fuck that.

Sure would. He's the best running back in the draft and would be a first rounder if not for one incident when he was 18.

TimBone
04-07-2017, 09:23 PM
If you haven't seen the video of him wrecking that girls face, you should watch it before forming an opinion.

Fuck Joe Mixon.
I think the fact that there is video of it is going to make backlash worse than the Tryreek situation.

Deberg_1990
04-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Sure

Why not?

Don't give a shit about past character issues. I want talent

Ill take talented assholes over no talent nice guys every single time

Great Expectations
04-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Way less of a character risk than Hill, but still tough to take in the first. He fits our offense perfectly, if we didn't have hill he'd be much easier to take early.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I've been an advocate of drafting him all along. He's a game changer and would give us the ability to keep hill at WR fulltime. All in on drafting him. Someone may beat us to him. he MAY be there at 27 but not in rd 2. I damn sure don't want to see the Raiders /Broncos draft him.

-King-
04-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Fuck Joe Mixon.

That girl shouldn't have put her hands on him. Hell he was leaving before she pulled him back. He shouldn't have hit her but if you put your hands on someone, expect to get hit back. Having a vagina between your legs doesn't make you exempt from getting punched.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
04-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Only in the third.

This draft has way too many stud defenders we would be passing on in the second round to take a chance on another guy that has hit a woman.

He's a really good talent, but I think there are equally as talented guys (relatively speaking) that wouldn't come with baggage that play on the defensive side of the ball at that pick.

Gimme a pass rusher over a running back, any day.

This.

I don't think i'd want ANY RB before the 3rd. They're so hit and miss. For every Gurley there's a Gordon, and if there were ever a position that turns up gems late in the draft or as UDFA's, it's RB. It seems like you have as much of a chance of landing a gem late as you do early. Even if he didn't have the off field issues, i still wouldn't take a back that early.

staylor26
04-07-2017, 09:54 PM
This.

I don't think i'd want ANY RB before the 3rd. They're so hit and miss. For every Gurley there's a Gordon, and if there were ever a position that turns up gems late in the draft or as UDFA's, it's RB. It seems like you have as much of a chance of landing a gem late as you do early. Even if he didn't have the off field issues, i still wouldn't take a back that early.

Huh? Gordon was really ****ing good last year.

RunKC
04-07-2017, 09:57 PM
If we feel comfortable then yes I would take him in rd 2, tho he probably won't be there.

He's one of the best RB's to come out in the last 5 years. It's also a very deep draft and we have 2 other picks in rd 3 with the power to move up if we choose to.

-King-
04-07-2017, 10:01 PM
This.

I'd take a RB in the first 3 rounds easy. Most of the best RBs in the league are all drafted in the first 3 rounds.
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu
04-07-2017, 10:03 PM
If they draft a first round QB, they can draft human garbage the entire rest of the weekend and I won't mind.

wazu
04-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Going into his 3rd year. Still hasn't cracked 1,000 yards rushing or even 4 yards per carry.

Simply Red
04-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Do you all think a 'checking CP's temperature' on Christopher Cross thread would go over okay or no?

ModSocks
04-07-2017, 10:25 PM

"Really fucking good" is quite the overstatement.

cabletech94
04-07-2017, 10:28 PM
ROFLDo you all think a 'checking CP's temperature' on Christopher Cross thread would go over okay or no?
ROFL

wazu
04-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Do you all think a 'checking CP's temperature' on Christopher Cross thread would go over okay or no?

It's not far to never-never land, no reason to pretend

Simply Red
04-07-2017, 10:38 PM
"Really ****ing good" is quite the overstatement.

correct.

Bowser
04-07-2017, 10:40 PM

Christopher Cross and Pooh Bear were the best together!

St. Patty's Fire
04-07-2017, 11:18 PM

Fuck Joe Mixon.

Watched the video. Talent trumps all, IMO. As long he helps us win games, sign me up (given that where he's picked provides good value).

Why Not?
04-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Sure

Don't give a shit about past character issues. I want talent

This all day. I could GAF what these assholes do or have done in their spare time. I don't watch for examples on how to build my moral fiber. I watch for entertainment. Good players are entertaining. Sign him up.

RealSNR
04-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Christopher Cross and Pooh Bear were the best together!

That's Christopher Nolan you fucking faggot!

smith11
04-08-2017, 02:22 AM
on almost every team, I suspect, there are guys that have done things comparable to what hill or mixon have done and just weren't caught or publicized like their incidents were

I trust dorsey reid if they feel mixon can fit in..they did same with peters as well as hill

a back like mixon will not only improve run game but pass game as well ...he lines up wide at time ad runs routes as good as many receivers, and better run game will make play action more effective

ILChief
04-08-2017, 06:22 AM
QB in round one, Mixon in round 2. We have ignored skill positions early in the draft for far too long. Tired of defense

Great Expectations
04-08-2017, 07:02 AM
on almost every team, I suspect, there are guys that have done things comparable to what hill or mixon have done and just weren't caught or publicized like their incidents were

I trust dorsey reid if they feel mixon can fit in..they did same with peters as well as hill

a back like mixon will not only improve run game but pass game as well ...he lines up wide at time ad runs routes as good as many receivers, and better run game will make play action more effective

You might want to read up on Hill.

ChiliConCarnage
04-08-2017, 07:10 AM
I'd be fine with it.

scho63
04-08-2017, 10:39 AM

I 100% agree with this.....:clap:

Simply Red
04-08-2017, 01:39 PM
That's Christopher Nolan you ****ing pillowbitergot!

you seem nice.

Dunerdr
04-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Fuck moral implications. When he starts piling up points people forget just like tyreek. Dudes the best rb in the draft. If he was the top of my board at 27 I'd take him.

OldSchool
04-08-2017, 09:54 PM
I'd draft him with a comp pick for sure.

DaKCMan AP
04-09-2017, 08:35 AM
big xii bias going on here? Best back in the draft? One of the best backs in the last 5 years? Really?

Just this year has McCaffrey, Cook, and Fournette - any of which may be better than Mixon.

notorious
04-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Pick him. I don't give a shit. Just win games.

Chiefshrink
04-09-2017, 08:51 AM

BOOM !!!:clap::clap:

Mixon in a heartbeat if D/R say so !!:clap::clap:

Chiefshrink
04-09-2017, 08:55 AM
You might want to read up on Hill.

You may want to read up on his life since he paid his dues as well.;):hmmm:

Chiefshrink
04-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Pick him. I don't give a shit. Just win games.

I know this is painful to admit but it really does come down to what Herm said.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b5-iJUuPWis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
04-09-2017, 09:09 AM
I know this is painful to admit but it really does come down to what Herm said.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b5-iJUuPWis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Without a doubt.

Does a GM want to be hammered for drafting bad guys that have unique skills or for having saints on the team that get their butts kicked on the field?

They will choose the first option every time.

ThaVirus
04-09-2017, 09:36 AM
If the guys up top think he's got the talent then take his ass and don't hesitate.

Roethlisberger is a scumbag and he's got rings. Brady and co. are a bunch of cheating assholes and they've got rings.

I don't give a shit if my team is made up of choir boys if they don't win anything worth a shit. Winning solves everything.

notorious
04-09-2017, 09:39 AM
If the guys up top think he's got the talent then take his ass and don't hesitate.

Roethlisberger is a scumbag and he's got rings. Brady and co. are a bunch of cheating assholes and they've got rings.

I don't give a shit if my team is made up of choir boys if they don't win anything worth a shit. Winning solves everything.

This guy gets it.

beach tribe
04-10-2017, 05:27 AM

His #s were good, yeah.

Because they give him nearly every carry at about 3.5 a pop.

He gets every goal line carry period.
He's a good Fantasy Back.

In TRW there are running backs on practice squads who could do more damage.

beach tribe
04-10-2017, 05:34 AM

I don't give a shit what a player was charged with or convicted of.

If the guy is not a habitual offender it never even happened in my eyes.

People fuck up.

Typing this made me try to think of the Worst human ever to be scouted.
The guy with, not red flags, but tornado sirens sounding off when you evaluate him.

Gotta be Lawrence Phillips, right?

Baby Lee
04-10-2017, 05:38 AM

People fuck up.

The guy with, not red flags, but tornado sirens sounding off when you evaluate him.

Schlichter? Carruth [did he have prior dings]?

threebag
04-10-2017, 07:43 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/uJDDrr1WFKTao/200w.gif

OldSchool
04-10-2017, 12:56 PM
big xii bias going on here? Best back in the draft? One of the best backs in the last 5 years? Really?

Just this year has McCaffrey, Cook, and Fournette - any of which may be better than Mixon.

I'm a Pac 12 guy and I'd take Mixon in the 3rd comp/4th round over McCaffrey in the 2nd.

Dayze
04-10-2017, 12:59 PM
FTR, I don't want to check Joe Mixon's temperature.

NTTAWWT.

vailpass
04-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Running backs=dime a dozen.

staylor26
04-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Running backs=dime a dozen.

Not with Mixon's talent

Garcia Bronco
04-10-2017, 01:26 PM
I don't want him on my team, but everybody deserves a second chance. Hill's was way worse. Regardless, people should never hit each other to solve their differences. Fighting is war, and we should never engage in war until all other options have been exhausted.

staylor26
04-10-2017, 01:26 PM
His #s were good, yeah.

Because they give him nearly every carry at about 3.5 a pop.

He gets every goal line carry period.
He's a good Fantasy Back.

In TRW there are running backs on practice squads who could do more damage.

He was just under 4 YPC and their OL is below average. I didn't realize his YPC were that low, but he was better than you guys are giving him credit for.

Pitt Gorilla
04-10-2017, 01:29 PM
I don't like him and I don't like OU. However, if Dorsey sees value in Mixon where we draft, he should take him.

vailpass
04-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Not with Mixon's talent

That remains to be seen, he hasn't played an NFL down.

For today's offenses there are plenty close enough not to waste a high draft pick on a RB. No matter who it is they will get broken in a year or two, then they'll break again if they come back.
It's what RBs are and why you need two of them.

BigBeauford
04-10-2017, 02:32 PM
I don't want him on my team, but everybody deserves a second chance. Hill's was way worse. Regardless, people should never hit each other to solve their differences. Fighting is war, and we should never engage in war until all other options have been exhausted.

I wouldn't even call it a fight. He sucker punched a girl half his size and left her with a shattered jaw unconscious on the ground. Shit I am getting upset thinking about it. Fuck that pussy.

vailpass
04-10-2017, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't even call it a fight. He sucker punched a girl half his size and left her with a shattered jaw unconscious on the ground. Shit I am getting upset thinking about it. **** that pussy.

Yes, that was definitely not a fight. He straight cold-cocked that girl for running her yap at him. Didn't even give her the courtesy of an open hand.

BigBeauford
04-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Yes, that was definitely not a fight. He straight cold-cocked that girl for running her yap at him. Didn't even give her the courtesy of an open hand.

Yup, it is a bitch thing to do to someone of your size, he's a complete coward, and I guarantee this type of attitude permeates other aspects of his personality.

vailpass
04-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Yup, it is a bitch thing to do to someone of your size, he's a complete coward, and I guarantee this type of attitude permeates other aspects of his personality.

Yep. With an IQ south of 40.

ThaVirus
04-10-2017, 03:13 PM

People fuck up.

You'd probably know better than I would. I don't really follow college ball and am probably a bit younger than you.

.. but Pacman Jones has been a repeat offender basically his entire career and yet he's held a job. If teams will put up with his shit then I think Mixon will catch on somewhere assuming his ordeal was a one time thing.

CoMoChief
04-10-2017, 03:27 PM
I honestly dont care. At the end of the day these are just modern day gladiators entertaining in an arena for my money. I'm paying money for my own personal entertainment, hoping that my team will win. IMO put the best players on the field and let the league deal with the bs if certain policy is violated. Just because I spend money on tix doesn't mean I agree or promote any violent/illegal behavior of a particular individual.

notorious
04-10-2017, 04:36 PM
I honestly dont care. At the end of the day these are just modern day gladiators entertaining in an arena for my money. I'm paying money for my own personal entertainment, hoping that my team will win. IMO put the best players on the field and let the league deal with the bs if certain policy is violated. Just because I spend money on tix doesn't mean I agree or promote any violent/illegal behavior of a particular individual.

Mr. Laz
04-10-2017, 09:29 PM
taking a RB in the 1st is probably too much to spend anyway

taking a "character-issue" RB in the 1st is not worth it

I imagine Mixon will be a 2nd rounder

saphojunkie
04-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Oh please let's draft a guy who punches women so Alex Smith has yet another five yard target he can check down to on 3rd and 9.

QB or bust. Anything else polishing the furniture on the Titanic.

OldSchool
04-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Oh please let's draft a guy who punches women so Alex Smith has yet another five yard target he can check down to on 3rd and 9.

QB or bust. Anything else polishing the furniture on the Titanic.

Yeah, let's keep blowing 1st round picks on the Geno Smiths of the world. ROFL

bigjosh
04-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Yeah, let's keep blowing 1st round picks on the Geno Smiths of the world. ROFL

the last time we blew a first round pick on a geno smith of the world was 35 years ago....

ThaVirus
04-10-2017, 11:51 PM
"Keep"

Nickhead
04-11-2017, 01:16 AM
i know its throwing shit at the wall but, if the chiefs were to draft mixon, along with tyreek last year. plus the ever potential 'blow up' player in marcus peters. it hasn't been that long either since the belcher debacle. if kc were ny, or sf, i could see it, but you gotta start to uphold them midwestern values at some point :D

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 03:57 PM
the last time we blew a first round pick on a geno smith of the world was 35 years ago....

Exactly.

Why anybody gets their titties twisted and panties wadded up over Geno is beyond me. We didn't draft ANY bust QBs. Because WE'VE NEVER DRAFTED ANY FUCKING QBS.

Eleazar
04-11-2017, 05:18 PM

**** Joe Mixon.

This

Pasta Little Brioni
04-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Kick the tires, show the ropes, check the gas in the tank all they want..just don't draft him

Eleazar
04-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Why anybody gets their titties twisted and panties wadded up over Geno is beyond me.

Probably because the Geno Mafia anointed themselves draft gurus and went around here kneecapping anyone who was so stupid as to not believe he was worth a #1 overall pick?

Or that Geno was the poster boy for and the culmination of many years of similar behavior?

stlchiefs
04-11-2017, 07:52 PM
No, we don't need to become the Bengals of the AFC West. 1 Character issue player can be explained, overlooked, however you want to look at it. 2 becomes a trend.

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Probably because the Geno Mafia anointed themselves draft gurus and went around here kneecapping anyone who was so stupid as to not believe he was worth a #1 overall pick?

Or that Geno was the poster boy for and the culmination of many years of similar behavior?

Sounds like you had a rough time. It was so rough that OldSchool believes we've been drafting multiple Geno Smiths over the years!

OldSchool
04-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Sounds like you had a rough time. It was so rough that OldSchool believes we've been drafting multiple Geno Smiths over the years!

Nah, just that if it were up to idiots like you, the Chiefs would be an annual bottom 4 team. But hey, at least new rookie QBs would be flying through the team. ROFL

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Nah, just that if it were up to idiots like you, the Chiefs would be an annual bottom 4 team. But hey, at least new rookie QBs would be flying through the team. ROFL

If it were up to me, we wouldn't be married to Alex Smith. We would have added a cheap stopgap and started drafting if not in 2013, then certainly in 2014.

For sure, I think Andy would have been afforded the freedom to actually FIND a real QB instead of dicking around with, "Boy, that's a neat QB prospect, but we've already got Alex, sooooo....."

And yes, I know Andy picked Alex. The point is if I'm in charge, Alex never fucking comes to KC, and if he does, I'm not afraid to oust his ass instead of extending him.

Eleazar
04-11-2017, 09:56 PM

Actually, it was quite enjoyable watching everyone ignore what the league knew well about Geno Smith and then his subsequent flameout

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 06:20 AM
taking a RB in the 1st is probably too much to spend anyway

taking a "character-issue" RB in the 1st is not worth it

I imagine Mixon will be a 2nd rounder

Draft the guy for his talent. Period. If he has character issues it doesn't matter if you draft him in 1 or 7, you still drafted him with the same baggage. the guy has 1st round talent and many analysts say he's the best back in a draft heavy in really good backs. As a Chief he would make a HUGE difference for us.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 06:26 AM
If it were up to me, we wouldn't be married to Alex Smith. We would have added a cheap stopgap and started drafting if not in 2013, then certainly in 2014.

For sure, I think Andy would have been afforded the freedom to actually FIND a real QB instead of dicking around with, "Boy, that's a neat QB prospect, but we've already got Alex, sooooo....."

And yes, I know Andy picked Alex. The point is if I'm in charge, Alex never ****ing comes to KC, and if he does, I'm not afraid to oust his ass instead of extending him.

It's really weird. sometimes you're spot on and sometimes you're a retart. If we didn't have Alex Smith though we might be drafting top 5 the last few years and could have Geno smiff or Mark sanchez or johhny manziel.

BossChief
04-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Geno might have had a chance if he went to a team that had the patience to sit him for a year or 2 (like some of us had as a strict stipulation if KC drafts him)...he played way before he was ready and it didn't work out.

Any QB from this class that plays too early will probably suffer the same fate.

Whoever drafts these kids will need to be very patient with them.

Baby Lee
04-12-2017, 06:49 AM
Geno might have had a chance if he went to a team that had the patience to sit him for a year or 2 (like some of us had as a strict stipulation if KC drafts him)...he played way before he was ready and it didn't work out.

Any QB from this class that plays too early will probably suffer the same fate.

Whoever drafts these kids will need to be very patient with them.

This, more than anything, if the underlying eyerolling at all the Alex agita.

Alex is not a central problem. He has room for improvement as does everyone. But rushing to replace him from, . . . wherever, and rushing his replacement to the field is a recipe for disaster.

There's been no mantra more stupid, and more incessantly lauded here, than;

Draft high, draft high, draft high
Throw em in the fire
throw em in the trash if they don't work out
rinse repeat.

It's a fucking basement guru, video game mentality.

There's 'taking a chance' in Vegas at the blackjack table or roulette wheel, and then there's selling everything you own and putting it on Pai Gou, then selling your booty for more loot when you crap out.

Coogs
04-12-2017, 07:01 AM
Draft the guy for his talent. Period. If he has character issues it doesn't matter if you draft him in 1 or 7, you still drafted him with the same baggage. the guy has 1st round talent and many analysts say he's the best back in a draft heavy in really good backs. As a Chief he would make a HUGE difference for us.

They were discussing this point last night on the live Bucky Brooks Mock Draft last night on NFLNetwork. A good counter point to drafting him in the 1st was the money invested if you have to kick him to the curb for some reason.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 07:49 AM
They were discussing this point last night on the live Bucky Brooks Mock Draft last night on NFLNetwork. A good counter point to drafting him in the 1st was the money invested if you have to kick him to the curb for some reason.

I understand that , but:

#1 ) Not my money
#2) won't happen with this coaching staff
#3) Not my money

Quesadilla Joe
04-12-2017, 09:00 AM
From an "unnamed NFC Scout"...

27. Chiefs: If they already didn't have one player publicly known for hitting a woman (wide receiver Tyreek Hill), they would take a chance on Mixon. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702751-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-scouts?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Coogs
04-12-2017, 09:00 AM
I understand that , but:

#1 ) Not my money
#2) won't happen with this coaching staff
#3) Not my money

It still would count against the cap. That was their logic.

Quesadilla Joe
04-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Personnel executives from 11 teams give their thoughts on Mixon...

This month, the Journal Sentinel asked executives in personnel from 11 teams this question: What round, if any, would you feel comfortable drafting Joe Mixon?

Six personnel men said they had made the decision not to draft Mixon under any circumstances. Of the three that would select Mixon, one said first round and two said third round. Two executives declined to comment.

Here, in their words, is how 10 of the executives in personnel view Mixon entering the draft.

AFC executive: “How can you in our (large) market? How could you in any market take that guy early or in general? Off the board. Me, personally, I’d have a very hard time living with that.”

NFC executive: “I really think without the incident he’s a top-five pick. He’s probably going to go late first to mid-second. This guy’s just too talented. What he did was terrible. It was three years ago. He got suspended for a year. It’s not like he hasn’t paid a price. Since he did, he’s been fine. It will come down to the owner. I think a lot of owners will be very skeptical doing it. If I was in the 20s I’d take him.”

AFC executive: “He will not be on my board. Impulsive violence against a defenseless woman. I believe in forgiveness, but this is not a matter of forgiveness. It’s natural consequences for an action. I wish him well. ... Once you watch it you become a witness. I don’t need someone else telling me what happened. Maybe I don’t know all the circumstances before and after. A lot of times you’re not sure what really happened. This one, I saw it. He’s had some other times where he’s snapped. Not this heinous. I’ve got to look my wife in the eye. That’s not what I’m about.”

NFC executive: “I wouldn’t feel comfortable. You’re going to have to get up in front of a camera (if Mixon is drafted). If it’s on video now, you have no chance. But they swear by the kid at the school. He probably had too much to drink, but you can’t hit a girl. He won’t be on our board.”

NFC executive: “Off the board. Our guys went and talked to him. They said he was really good. Doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke. Just made a mistake when he was 18 and is paying for it.”

AFC executive: “To be determined. I’m going to pass on that. Some opinions I get paid for.”

AFC executive: “I am grading the guy as a player. The owner is the one that has to make the decision. There’s other people (football players) out there who have done much worse things. I don’t know what will happen, but I will bet you a team will draft him and he turns out to be a star. I don’t know how you’re going to justify it but if the guy goes out and scores touchdowns people are going to forget about it real quickly.”

NFC executive: “If your owner signs off on it then you go ahead and take him. We’re definitely not going down that road. Whether you take him in the first or the seventh, either you’re making a stand or you’re not. It’s not like some other incidents where drugs or this and that (affect) the value and the round. To me, this is you’re yes or no for him.”

AFC executive: “I did a lot of (expletive) when I was 18 that I’m not proud of but I never knocked out a girl. That’s just such a hot-button issue. I’m hearing too many things. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I don’t have the confidence in him to draft him. We can get another back. You may turn down a special guy but the special guy’s got risks. I couldn’t do it.”

AFC executive: “He’s got talent but he’s also been caught on video. I took him off the board.”

Sooners coach Bob Stoops suspended Mixon for a Nov. 3 game against Iowa State after he tore a parking ticket in half and threw it at the attendant, hitting her in the face.

According to the police report, Mixon inched his car toward the attendant in what was described as intimidating fashion.

In December, Stoops said he would have thrown Mixon off the team if he had slugged Molitor in the current climate.

“Two-and-a-half years later, dismissal is really the only thing that is possible,” said Stoops. “A young guy having an opportunity to rehabilitate and to have some kind of discipline and come back from it is really not there anymore. Hopefully, that message goes down even to the high school level that these things are just unacceptable to any degree.”

Stoops said he was shaken by the video, describing it as “horrible.”

Sixteen personnel people agreed to rank the running backs on a 1-to-5 basis, with a first-place vote worth five points, a second worth four and so on.

Leonard Fournette led with 73 points, including 10 firsts. He was followed by Dalvin Cook, 61 (four); Christian McCaffrey, 47 (one); Joe Mixon, 34 (one); Alvin Kamara, 12; D’Onta Foreman, five; Kareem Hunt, four; Samaje Perine, three, and Curtis Samuel, one.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/19/mcginn-nfl-draft-rb-teams-weigh-risk-mixon/100605766/

O.city
04-20-2017, 09:26 AM
I get not taking him, terrible shit he did. But it seems these guys are setting themselves up for some backlash. I won't take a guy with domestic violence but I'll take one with other issues etc.
.if there wasn't video, I'd imagine alot of their tunes would change.

Rausch
04-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Personnel executives from 11 teams give their thoughts on Mixon...

This month, the Journal Sentinel asked executives in personnel from 11 teams this question: What round, if any, would you feel comfortable drafting Joe Mixon?

Six personnel men said they had made the decision not to draft Mixon under any circumstances. Of the three that would select Mixon, one said first round and two said third round. Two executives declined to comment.

Here, in their words, is how 10 of the executives in personnel view Mixon entering the draft.

AFC executive: “How can you in our (large) market? How could you in any market take that guy early or in general? Off the board. Me, personally, I’d have a very hard time living with that.”

NFC executive: “I really think without the incident he’s a top-five pick. He’s probably going to go late first to mid-second. This guy’s just too talented. What he did was terrible. It was three years ago. He got suspended for a year. It’s not like he hasn’t paid a price. Since he did, he’s been fine. It will come down to the owner. I think a lot of owners will be very skeptical doing it. If I was in the 20s I’d take him.”

AFC executive: “He will not be on my board. Impulsive violence against a defenseless woman. I believe in forgiveness, but this is not a matter of forgiveness. It’s natural consequences for an action. I wish him well. ... Once you watch it you become a witness. I don’t need someone else telling me what happened. Maybe I don’t know all the circumstances before and after. A lot of times you’re not sure what really happened. This one, I saw it. He’s had some other times where he’s snapped. Not this heinous. I’ve got to look my wife in the eye. That’s not what I’m about.”

NFC executive: “I wouldn’t feel comfortable. You’re going to have to get up in front of a camera (if Mixon is drafted). If it’s on video now, you have no chance. But they swear by the kid at the school. He probably had too much to drink, but you can’t hit a girl. He won’t be on our board.”

NFC executive: “Off the board. Our guys went and talked to him. They said he was really good. Doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke. Just made a mistake when he was 18 and is paying for it.”

AFC executive: “To be determined. I’m going to pass on that. Some opinions I get paid for.”

AFC executive: “I am grading the guy as a player. The owner is the one that has to make the decision. There’s other people (football players) out there who have done much worse things. I don’t know what will happen, but I will bet you a team will draft him and he turns out to be a star. I don’t know how you’re going to justify it but if the guy goes out and scores touchdowns people are going to forget about it real quickly.”

NFC executive: “If your owner signs off on it then you go ahead and take him. We’re definitely not going down that road. Whether you take him in the first or the seventh, either you’re making a stand or you’re not. It’s not like some other incidents where drugs or this and that (affect) the value and the round. To me, this is you’re yes or no for him.”

AFC executive: “I did a lot of (expletive) when I was 18 that I’m not proud of but I never knocked out a girl. That’s just such a hot-button issue. I’m hearing too many things. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I don’t have the confidence in him to draft him. We can get another back. You may turn down a special guy but the special guy’s got risks. I couldn’t do it.”

AFC executive: “He’s got talent but he’s also been caught on video. I took him off the board.”

Sooners coach Bob Stoops suspended Mixon for a Nov. 3 game against Iowa State after he tore a parking ticket in half and threw it at the attendant, hitting her in the face.

According to the police report, Mixon inched his car toward the attendant in what was described as intimidating fashion.

In December, Stoops said he would have thrown Mixon off the team if he had slugged Molitor in the current climate.

“Two-and-a-half years later, dismissal is really the only thing that is possible,” said Stoops. “A young guy having an opportunity to rehabilitate and to have some kind of discipline and come back from it is really not there anymore. Hopefully, that message goes down even to the high school level that these things are just unacceptable to any degree.”

Stoops said he was shaken by the video, describing it as “horrible.”

Sixteen personnel people agreed to rank the running backs on a 1-to-5 basis, with a first-place vote worth five points, a second worth four and so on.

Leonard Fournette led with 73 points, including 10 firsts. He was followed by Dalvin Cook, 61 (four); Christian McCaffrey, 47 (one); Joe Mixon, 34 (one); Alvin Kamara, 12; D’Onta Foreman, five; Kareem Hunt, four; Samaje Perine, three, and Curtis Samuel, one.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/19/mcginn-nfl-draft-rb-teams-weigh-risk-mixon/100605766/

JIM BROWN...

Rausch
04-20-2017, 09:37 AM

Throw em in the fire
rinse repeat.

It's a ****ing basement guru, video game mentality.

This.

Teams/fans now EXPECT a year one break-out player at QB. It's rare. It's SUPER RARE.

Draft the right guy and groom him to lead your team...

BigBeauford
04-20-2017, 09:53 AM
I get not taking him, terrible shit he did. But it seems these guys are setting themselves up for some backlash. I won't take a guy with domestic violence but I'll take one with other issues etc.
.if there wasn't video, I'd imagine alot of their tunes would change.

Of course you would take him. You're a dentist and Joe Mixon is good for business.

Rausch
04-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Of course you would take him.

He knows how to win an argument...

Halfcan
04-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Draft a QB in the first and move up and get this kid in the 2nd. I would be good with that.

His highlight video kind of reminds me of Marcus Allen- great balance, a nose for the end zone and always drives forward for extra yards after contact.

I watched the video of his "Domestic Assult" in high school. I would never advocate hitting a girl under any circumstances.. but she did push him then slapped him across the face. A split second poor decision has already branded him a women beater for life.

I am not sure why posters on here feel he should never be given a second chance?

Is he the next Emmitt Smith or Larry Johnson? It would be worth the gamble to find out.

Halfcan
04-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Of course you would take him. You're a dentist and Joe Mixon is good for business.

Did Mixon knock her teeth out or something?

vailpass
04-20-2017, 10:38 AM

He sure tried.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RoTXImRJS2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe
04-20-2017, 10:51 AM

He broke her jaw.

Halfcan
04-20-2017, 11:05 AM
He sure tried.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RoTXImRJS2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why did she snap and attack him like that? Looks like he was leaving then she came after him.

I would still take him in the second after drafting Davis Webb.

Hill and Mixon could wreck shit.

Eleazar
04-20-2017, 11:10 AM
To me, the one videotape makes him undraftable. But if the stories are true that he's had other times where he snapped and reacted violently to people in his personal life when it wasn't on camera, then you have a major problem waiting to happen and he should be totally off all boards, no question about it.

mcaj22
04-20-2017, 12:17 PM
To me, the one videotape makes him undraftable. But if the stories are true that he's had other times where he snapped and reacted violently to people in his personal life when it wasn't on camera, then you have a major problem waiting to happen and he should be totally off all boards, no question about it.

Yep, if the scouts have done their homework and this guy truly isn't reformed he should not be drafted.

Titty Meat
04-20-2017, 01:01 PM
He would be a great pick

Spott
04-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Why did she snap and attack him like that? Looks like he was leaving then she came after him.

Looks like she had already walked away from him and he decided to follow her inside a few seconds later to continue their argument. Either way, this clown is a POS. If your first reaction to being shoved by a little teenage girl is to punch her in the face, then you have to have some serious issues.

ChiefAshhole1056
04-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Would the feeling of joy from finally winning a championship overshadow the feeling of guilt and shame knowing that you're supporting a team that is ok with having women beaters and stoners on it?

I'm fine with it. Shit, I'd probably buy his jersey. It's an entertainment entity, and it's dependent on performance and he is a top performer in this draft. You dont stop yourself from watching/listening to actors or musicians performing their craft because of what they have done in the past, why are sports any different?

raybec 4
04-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Would the feeling of joy from finally winning a championship overshadow the feeling of guilt and shame knowing that you're supporting a team that is ok with having women beaters and stoners on it?

I'm fine with it. Shit, I'd probably buy his jersey. It's an entertainment entity, and it's dependent on performance and he is a top performer in this draft. You dont stop yourself from watching/listening to actors or musicians performing their craft because of what they have done in the past, why are sports any different?

It's not different. I want to root for a winner, not the nicest bunch o' fellas in the whole Mormon Tabernacle.

ct
04-20-2017, 06:04 PM
no

SAUTO
04-20-2017, 06:40 PM
This, more than anything, if the underlying eyerolling at all the Alex agita.

Alex is not a central problem. He has room for improvement as does everyone. But rushing to replace him from, . . . wherever, and rushing his replacement to the field is a recipe for disaster.

Throw em in the fire
rinse repeat.

It's a fucking basement guru, video game mentality.

There's 'taking a chance' in Vegas at the blackjack table or roulette wheel, and then there's selling everything you own and putting it on Pai Gou, then selling your booty for more loot when you crap out.

This "throw them in the fire" line is bullshit. Most people are (and did even in the geno Smith times) wanted the qb to sit at least hall a season, and since Alex had been here most want them to sit a year.

Baby Lee
04-20-2017, 07:17 PM
This "throw them in the fire" line is bullshit. Most people are (and did even in the geno Smith times) wanted the qb to sit at least hall a season, and since Alex had been here most want them to sit a year.

http://brucemctague.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/silent-majority-Time.jpg

SAUTO
04-20-2017, 07:22 PM
http://brucemctague.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/silent-majority-Time.jpg

Not even close.

In fact I wanted Matt Hasselbeck signed to let geno sit a year.

And most of the geno people did too.

Look it up, it's all saved somewhere.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2017, 07:23 PM

apparently, Mixon said some homophobic shit about her friend that was right there.

pillowbiter etc

KChiefs1
04-25-2017, 05:58 PM

THIS

In Dorsey I Trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefshrink
04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
If Dorsey doesn't trade up for Mahomes, I say take another Tyreek Hill chance on Mixon IF available in a heart beat.;)

Chiefshrink
04-25-2017, 07:35 PM

Dude, Reid is a kid in a candy store of offensive play calling.;)

Mixon will not be there in the 2nd IMHO he is that good.

Great Expectations
04-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Supposedly D Cook has acted worse than this on multiple occasions, but they aren't on video. Is this true?

KChiefs1
04-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Supposedly D Cook has acted worse than this on multiple occasions, but they aren't on video. Is this true?

That's the buzz.

None of these guys are Boy Scouts & it's time we all recognize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk