PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft So it begins..Browns might take Trubisky 1st overall?

Pages : [1] 2

RunKC
04-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Adam Schefter

Just had an NFL exec tell me, "Don't be surprised if Myles Garrett isn't the No. 1 pick." Exec convinced a QB is in discussion at No. 1.

Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes will all be gone by pick 13.

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 07:48 PM
I had no clue why he wasn't going top 5.

Cam Newton only played a year in college. It's been done before. He looks like a great prospect.

RunKC
04-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Also from Schefter..

Cleveland has not made up its mind at No. 1, per source. Split opinions. Some like Myles Garrett, some like Mitchell Trubisky. We will see.

CoMoChief
04-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all.

Because they're the Browns.

stumppy
04-11-2017, 07:52 PM
What do you want to bet Dorsey has narrowed the list down to 3 or 4 QB's and one way or another they are all gone before he can even trade up.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2017, 07:55 PM
I had no clue why he wasn't going top 5.

Cam Newton only played a year in college. It's been done before. He looks like a great prospect.

He played one year at Auburn but that's because he transferred from another program.

Chief Northman
04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
What do you want to bet Dorsey has narrowed the list down to 3 or 4 QB's and one way or another they are all gone before he can even trade up.

Very likely. Shit for supply, much for demand.
Shit is in demand.

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Looks like Clay and a few others will get their wish.

QBs will come off the board earlier than we think. The Chiefs will stand pat, and they absolutely should. Trading up for anybody but Trubisky is a bad idea, and even then Trubisky is not worth a huge trade up to the mid teens or further.

So we'll wait until 2018. And do the exact same thing when the top 4 come off the board before we can even muster up the gumption to get on the phone.

No QBs for the Chiefs.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2017, 07:59 PM
If Cleveland is sooo stupid to take any of these QBs #1 overall, well, they deserve to suck.

Chief Northman
04-11-2017, 08:00 PM
And oh yeah, lying season/smokescreens with two weeks to go. Injury leaks will be next.

I wonder if any "Laremy Tunsil gas mask" videos will surface this year.....

RunKC
04-11-2017, 08:01 PM

"Trubisky, Watson and Mahommes will all be picked in the top 10 and at some point the Chiefs will select Nate Peterman, Brad Kaaya or Josh Dobbs"

With every day that gets closer to the draft, that sentence becomes more and more true.

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 08:02 PM
He played one year at Auburn but that's because he transferred from another program.

So? Trubisky was a backup since 2013 at UNC.

Cam was a backup at Florida for Urban Meyer's Tebow team. That's hardly a QB breeding ground or a place where he's going to get the necessary tools to become pro ready.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2017, 08:08 PM
So? Trubisky was a backup since 2013 at UNC.

Cam was a backup at Florida for Urban Meyer's Tebow team. That's hardly a QB breeding ground or a place where he's going to get the necessary tools to become pro ready.

He won a national championship with Blinn College in TX before going to Auburn. He played a lot of football that culminated in his second national championship with Auburn.

staylor26
04-11-2017, 08:10 PM
This is definitely bullshit. I still think one of the QB's will make it to 27 too.

notorious
04-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Slow time of the year. This is just the experts artificially filling airtime.

Nothing to see here.

LoneWolf
04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Smoke_screen.jpg

RunKC
04-11-2017, 08:29 PM
This is definitely bullshit. I still think one of the QB's will make it to 27 too.

Kizer and that's it

TLO
04-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Poor Trubisky :(

The Franchise
04-11-2017, 08:34 PM
"Trubisky, Watson and Mahommes will all be picked in the top 10 and at some point the Chiefs will select Nate Peterman, Brad Kaaya or Josh Dobbs"

With every day that gets closer to the draft, that sentence becomes more and more true.

Then fuck this team and its inability to solve the QB position outside of 49ers QBs.

O.city
04-11-2017, 08:40 PM
They should take a qb.

staylor26
04-11-2017, 08:42 PM
They should take a qb.

Yea, but not at 1. You don't pass on Garrett.

tk13
04-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Given their front office turnover in the last year... and given what DePodesta has done so far, I'm not sure anyone can predict exactly how they'll draft. They are pretty much blazing their own path here. It's kind of fun to watch.

Bewbies
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
If you think this guy will become a stud, and he won't be there at 12 it would make sense to take him.

I love pass rushers as much as the next guy, but they'll never have the impact a QB will.

staylor26
Kizer and that's it

I still think there's a solid chance Mahomes or Watson make it. I just can't see some of the QB needy teams passing up on the other talent available for a QB that needs to sit at least a year.

Red Dawg
I wouldn't blame the Browns for taking him. Nobody thinks any of these QBs are worth a first round pick much less the overall one pick but if you don't have a QB then you have nothing. They have zip at the position to believe in at all.

You must have a stud these days and no price is too high to pay if you get one. If you fail then make moves and do it again. QB is the only reason we are not considered a real title threat. We have everything else more than good enough but we have a sorry ass QB that is a proven non scoring loser.

I would trade Houston and Berry for Aaron Rogers tomorrow.

O.city
Yea, but not at 1. You don't pass on Garrett.

Garrett is good, but I don't know that he's von miller 2.0

I'd roll the dice and hope derek barnett is there at 12. Trubisky at 1 barnett at 12.

RealSNR
Then fuck this team and its inability to solve the QB position outside of 49ers QBs.

"We're just unlucky" is an excuse you can only make so many times.

The same goes for, "You can't hold Reid and Dorsey responsible for the mistakes made by their predecessors." After so long, their best of a bad situation fix becomes a mistake when they let him fester for 4 fucking seasons.

TLO
I still think there's a solid chance Mahomes or Watson make it. I just can't see some of the QB needy teams passing up on the other talent available for a QB that needs to sit at least a year.

Mahomes won't be there

RunKC
04-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Then **** this team and its inability to solve the QB position outside of 49ers QBs.

So you're good with giving up 3 1st rd picks, 2 2nd rd picks and a 3rd rd pick as the starting point to move into the top 10?

RunKC
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM

There is zero chance Watson or Mahomes is anywhere near our pick. They are both top 15 picks...looking like top 10.

Andy fucked up his golden chance by passing on Derek Carr for Alex fucking goddamn Smith. Dorsey has him high on the board right there to pick and Andy chose this soft bitch QB over him.

if the Chiefs get a QB later in the draft, it will be because Dorsey is a goddamned wizard.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-11-2017, 09:24 PM
There is zero chance Watson or Mahomes is anywhere near our pick. They are both top 15 picks...looking like top 10.

Andy ****ed up his golden chance by passing on Derek Carr for Alex ****ing goddamn Smith. Dorsey has him high on the board right there to pick and Andy chose this soft bitch QB over him.

if the Chiefs get a QB later in the draft, it will be because Dorsey is a goddamned wizard.

Hell will freeze over before Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes all go top 10, or even top 15. Every year people expect QBs to be drafted higher than they will be. Just look at 2014 with Carr, Bridgewater, and Manziel.

It's a lot easier for teams to say they might take a project QB in the top 10 on April 11th than it is on Draft Day. When they have blue chip talent right in front of them, for teams who have holes everywhere, that will be hard to pass up.

staylor26
04-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Hell will freeze over before Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes all go top 10, or even top 15. Every year people expect QBs to be drafted higher than they will be. Just look at 2014 with Carr, Bridgewater, and Manziel.

It's a lot easier for teams to say they might take a project QB in the top 10 on April 11th than it is on Draft Day. When they have blue chip talent right in front of them, for teams who have holes everywhere, that will be hard to pass up.

Exactly. All the draft gurus I trust seem to feel the same way also.

RealSNR
04-11-2017, 09:40 PM

Carr was practically never thought of as a first round QB. He was one of those, "Eh, maybe in the middle rounds" guys early in the draft season who crept up to a 2nd round pick and eventually got SOME consideration as a late 1st.

RunKC
04-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Carr was not thought of well bc of his brother and Teddy fell bc of his hand size and small weak frame (which was proven right).

There are more QB needy teams this year.

staylor26
04-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Carr was not thought of well bc of his brother and Teddy fell bc of his hand size and small weak frame (which was proven right).

There are more QB needy teams this year.

You're really underestimating the talent at the top of the draft. I just can't see those QB needy teams passing up on studs ready to play now for QB's that need a redshirt year. We're one of the very few teams that make sense in the 1st for guys like Watson and Mahomes, which is why we're being connected frequently in mocks. Just look at Lynch and the Broncos last year. As the draft got closer, we thought he had no chance of getting close to our pick, but teams picking early are going to have a hard time taking a QB that has to sit AT LEAST a year.

RunKC
04-11-2017, 09:54 PM
You're really underestimating the talent at the top of the draft. I just can't see those QB needy teams passing up on studs ready to play now for QB's that need a redshirt year. We're one of the very few teams that make sense in the 1st for guys like Watson and Mahomes, which is why we're being connected frequently in mocks. Just look at Lynch and the Broncos last year.

It's an extremely deep draft at RB, TE, Edge, S, CB and WR is decently deep too. Teams can afford to take a QB in rd 1 and get a couple starting caliber players to fill holes.

There's a ton of smoke around Watson and Mahommes. 18 teams are visiting with Mahomes...most of any QB prospect.

He's going top 15

staylor26
04-11-2017, 10:05 PM
It's an extremely deep draft at RB, TE, Edge, S, CB and WR is decently deep too. Teams can afford to take a QB in rd 1 and get a couple starting caliber players to fill holes.

There's a ton of smoke around Watson and Mahommes. 18 teams are visiting with Mahomes...most of any QB prospect.

He's going top 15

You and I said the same thing about Lynch last year. I'm not going to be so quick to fall for that again. A guy that needs as much work as Mahomes does is not a lock for the top 15. Same as Watson.

TribalElder
04-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Didn't the browns suck so bad they moved to Baltimore one time?

Nickhead
04-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Didn't the browns suck so bad they moved to Baltimore one time?

and cleveland should have never let them back in. :D

BlackOp
04-12-2017, 12:11 AM
No QB is going #1...this is just click-bait smoke.

Nickhead
04-12-2017, 12:16 AM
No QB is going #1...this is just click-bait smoke.

its actually good strategy if the browns are baiting others that are interested in him. if no one bites, they take miles, and mitch(el) at 12. win win for the browns if rumor is true. :D

ETA: hell, they could even use the 12 as bait too, get more picks. lets say NO ONE talks to cleveland about the number one pick for mitch. then they ask, would you part with something for the 12 spot. i get the feeling cleveland is going to end up with the entire draft board for the 18 and 19 seasons ROFL

BlackOp
04-12-2017, 12:56 AM
its actually good strategy if the browns are baiting others that are interested in him. if no one bites, they take miles, and mitch(el) at 12. win win for the browns if rumor is true. :D

ETA: hell, they could even use the 12 as bait too, get more picks. lets say NO ONE talks to cleveland about the number one pick for mitch. then they ask, would you part with something for the 12 spot. i get the feeling cleveland is going to end up with the entire draft board for the 18 and 19 seasons ROFL

I hope all the early QBs KC is considering are gone....there is going to be some talent left at #27. This is the type of draft to build a future foundation around.

KC needs an OLB, ILB, RB, and CB...they might pick up another TE too.

kccrow
04-12-2017, 01:54 AM
They are taking Garrett #1, simple. What they do from there though with #12 and many more picks is anyone's guess. They could trade up to #2 with the remainder if they wanted to. Maybe they trade up ahead of the Jets to #5 and take Trubisky there. You never know. But they aren't passing on Garrett, not a chance in hell.

Nickhead
04-12-2017, 04:01 AM
They are taking Garrett #1, simple. What they do from there though with #12 and many more picks is anyone's guess. They could trade up to #2 with the remainder if they wanted to. Maybe they trade up ahead of the Jets to #5 and take Trubisky there. You never know. But they aren't passing on Garrett, not a chance in hell.

you are missing the point. trade bait. :D

Tribal Warfare
04-12-2017, 05:12 AM
As it has been said many times. It's the time of year you don't believe a goddamned thing coming from NFL FOs.

a QB will be the Browns 12th overall pick.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 06:13 AM

I've said all along none of those tier 1 QB's will last till 27. Dorsey won't trade up either as his philosophy is to build through the draft and he's not giving up picks. We have a shot at drafting 5 starters in the first 3 rounds and Alex smith has 5 years left in the tank.

Baby Lee
04-12-2017, 06:26 AM
If this is even accurate, it's just Browns PR playing to Trubisky's hometown allegiance statements. No way he's a 1.1. His top end is Flutie, talented but still a physical oddity to accommodate.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2017, 06:28 AM
Excellent. The Browns will surely have the #1 pick again next season. And they'll trade it to us, after we give them three 1sts + considerations.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 06:28 AM
Just hope the Chargers don't trade up to get Garret. That would be awful !

Coogs
04-12-2017, 07:11 AM
As it has been said many times. It's the time of year you don't believe a goddamned thing coming from NFL FOs.

a QB will be the Browns 12th overall pick.
I have also seen where Hue Jackson is a big fan of AJ McCarron and would rather have him for the 33 pick of the draft and take other players at 1 and 12.

Red Dawg
04-12-2017, 07:16 AM
I've said all along none of those tier 1 QB's will last till 27. Dorsey won't trade up either as his philosophy is to build through the draft and he's not giving up picks. We have a shot at drafting 5 starters in the first 3 rounds and Alex smith has 5 years left in the tank.

Smith for five more years! That had better not happen if they expect fans not to fire up the banners again. It's bad enough he's still here and a total fail by management much less a complete fail for five more years.

kcchiefsus
04-12-2017, 07:33 AM

5 years left in the tank? The tank of what? A gas powered dildo?

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Smith for five more years! That had better not happen if they expect fans not to fire up the banners again. It's bad enough he's still here and a total fail by management much less a complete fail for five more years.

I know, these 11-5 and 12-4 seasons suck ! Just think if we had Geno smith we would be awesome.

ptlyon
04-12-2017, 07:38 AM
I know, these 11-5 and 12-4 seasons suck ! Just think if we had Geno smith we would be awesome.

January 11th, 1970

kcchiefsus
04-12-2017, 07:38 AM

Yeah, seasons with no playoff wins really do suck.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Yeah, seasons with no playoff wins really do suck.

2015 Chiefs 30 texans 0
2016 Chiefs 1st round bye=win, Divisional Gamelost on a bullshit holding call
2017 Chiefs win SB

milkman
04-12-2017, 07:44 AM

As long as this team wins more games than it loses, there won't be any fan revolt in K.C.

milkman
04-12-2017, 07:45 AM
2016 Chiefs 1st round bye=win Gamelost on a bullshit holding call

Any one that believes this is an utter moron.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2017, 07:46 AM
lost on a bullshit holding call

LMAO

It's fans like you that keep the Clarks fat and happy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Any one that believes this is an utter moron.

Explain your logic

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-12-2017, 07:47 AM
He is the next Bortles

milkman
04-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Explain your logic

Tie score with over a minute left for the Steelers to drive into FG range.

Baby Lee
04-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Tie score with over a minute left for the Steelers to drive into FG range.

Why is that a problem with our elite championship defense?

milkman
04-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Why is that a problem with our elite championship defense?

This may not be directed specifically to me.

However, to be clear, I have said repeatedly that the loss to the Steelers was a total team failure, from offense, to defense, to ST, and to coaching.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Adam Schefter

Just had an NFL exec tell me, "Don't be surprised if Myles Garrett isn't the No. 1 pick." Exec convinced a QB is in discussion at No. 1.

Schefter said all 3 would be gone by pick 13??

Baby Lee
04-12-2017, 08:24 AM
This may not be directed specifically to me.

However, to be clear, I have said repeatedly that the loss to the Steelers was a total team failure, from offense, to defense, to ST, and to coaching.

I gotcha.

Just continuing to fester over the retarded;

1. Alex will never win
2. even if he gave us a lead, we'd give it up
Therefore
3. Alex is our only problem standing between the present and a dynasty.

I remain convinced that someone[s] on the field were much more hurt/limited than indicated. That or, there was some hyper-intense closed door drama that left players in tantrum mode.

Almost from the first snap, the entire team played like a 'just not our day today' team, almost like they expected a chance to regoup and try over. Not the best look for the playoffs, but it is what it is.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 08:26 AM
I want the Joe Williams kid at RB by round 3. Medium risk, high reward.

Chief Roundup
04-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Andy fucked up his golden chance by passing on Derek Carr for Alex fucking goddamn Smith. Dorsey has him high on the board right there to pick and Andy chose this soft bitch QB over him.

Link

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 09:21 AM

Andy ****ed up his golden chance by passing on Derek Carr for Alex ****ing goddamn Smith. Dorsey has him high on the board right there to pick and Andy chose this soft bitch QB over him.

Man are you stupid. Smith was acquired in 2013 for two second round picks, well before Carr was even declared for the draft in 2014. Please quit talking out of your rear end

RunKC
04-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Man are you stupid. Smith was acquired in 2013 for two second round picks, well before Carr was even declared for the draft in 2014. Please quit talking out of your rear end

He chose to stick with Alex instead of draft a good developmental QB to take over, which was the right move...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 09:31 AM
You are out of touch with this organization. Just stop. Andy wasn't going to wait until 2014 to gamble on an unknown. Carr looks good because he has weapons all over and the number one o line. Just wait and see what happens as they struggle with the salary cap and are forced to develop their own talent. Chiefs own this division for the next 3 years with Reid Dorsey

Sandy Vagina
04-12-2017, 09:34 AM

He was a good part of Toto, but he's too old these days. :harumph:

ModSocks
04-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Adam Schefter

Trubisky will be gone by 13. Possibly Watson. Mahomes? No fucking way will he go that early.

No GM is gonna blow a pick that early on a QB that's THAT erratic. There's too much safer talent out there.

The Franchise
04-12-2017, 10:04 AM
The Browns would get a ton of shit for it....but if I were them....I'd pass on Trubisky unless he was there at 12. Take Garrett, stock your team with talent using the 12 picks you have this year and roll with Osweiler. You'll probably suck again and you can draft a QB next year. You know....the opposite of what the Chiefs should be doing.

ModSocks
04-12-2017, 10:04 AM

I'd rather have Peterman, Kaaya or Dobbs than no Qb at all. No sense in whining about circumstances that are completely out of the Chief's control and you never know, they may uncover a gem.

ModSocks
04-12-2017, 10:08 AM
You're really underestimating the talent at the top of the draft. I just can't see those QB needy teams passing up on studs ready to play now for QB's that need a redshirt year. We're one of the very few teams that make sense in the 1st for guys like Watson and Mahomes, which is why we're being connected frequently in mocks. Just look at Lynch and the Broncos last year. As the draft got closer, we thought he had no chance of getting close to our pick, but teams picking early are going to have a hard time taking a QB that has to sit AT LEAST a year.

This.

DJ's left nut
04-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Also from Schefter..

Cleveland has not made up its mind at No. 1, per source. Split opinions. Some like Myles Garrett, some like Mitchell Trubisky. We will see.

Leaks to try to convince someone to trade up.

Nobody is going to bite (or if they do, it will have nothing to do with this stupid leak but rather a king's ransom to get Garrett) - Garrett is by far and away the class of the field this year and the Browns have another pick at 12 with no clear distinction between the QBs.

They can take the consensus #1 player in the draft (by a TON) and still get a QB that is as likely to be successful as Trubisky is at 12, if only because they're all dice rolls in this draft.

Stupid article is stupid.

Coochie liquor
04-12-2017, 10:31 AM

Nobody is going to bite (or if they do, it will have nothing to do with this stupid leak but rather a king's ransom to get Garrett) - Garrett is by far and away the class of the field this year and the Browns have another pick at 12 with no clear distinction between the QBs.

They can take the consensus #1 player in the draft (by a TON) and still get a QB that is as likely to be successful as Trubisky is at 12, if only because they're all dice rolls in this draft.

This. Either draft him, or trade the pick for capital next year

DJ's left nut
04-12-2017, 10:44 AM

You're shitting me.

A guy that quit the team his senior year, has serious fumble issues, can't catch out of the backfield and can't pass protect is 'medium risk'?

WTF qualifies as 'high risk' in your world? Does one have to actually be indicted for murder during the pre-draft process before he hits that mark?

Oh, and as for high reward - dude's fast, but he's not agile, he's an upright runner and again - fumbles all the time and can't catch passes out of the backfield.

Joe Williams is a shit, shit, SHIT prospect, especially for this team. He's a worthwhile gamble in the 7th (because again - speed), but that's about it. There are literally 15 running backs in this draft more likely to contribute to this team than Joe Williams. Hell, there are 2 running backs named Williams more likely to contribute.

The Franchise
04-12-2017, 10:46 AM
You're shitting me.

A guy that quit the team his senior year, has serious fumble issues, can't catch out of the backfield and can't pass protect is 'medium risk'?

WTF qualifies as 'high risk' in your world? Does one have to actually be indicted for murder during the pre-draft process before he hits that mark?

Oh, and as for high reward - dude's fast, but he's not agile, he's an upright runner and again - fumbles all the time and can't catch passes out of the backfield.

Joe Williams is a shit, shit, SHIT prospect, especially for this team. He's a worthwhile gamble in the 7th (because again - speed), but that's about it. There are literally 15 running backs in this draft more likely to contribute to this team than Joe Williams. Hell, there are 2 running backs named Williams more likely to contribute.

Look who you fucking quoted.

DJ's left nut
04-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Look who you fucking quoted.

Oh.

I tend not to look closely at the poster because it colors my tone (I try to avoid being an asshole...I really do).

That makes more sense.

ModSocks
04-12-2017, 10:52 AM

So...he's Knile Davis?

vailpass
04-12-2017, 11:18 AM

^^^

pugsnotdrugs19
04-12-2017, 11:20 AM
DJLN nailed it, IMO. All this means is that Cleveland is probably open to a trade for the right price, which would be a ton.

As I have said all along, if the Chiefs want a QB in the first round, they need to trade up a little bit. It sends a message that you really believe in the player, and they can also afford to trade picks right now more so than most teams. Maybe trade up to the late teens, early twenties. But this idea that all of the top guys will be gone by 15... not buying it whatsoever.

Red Dawg
04-12-2017, 11:24 AM
DJLN nailed it, IMO. All this means is that Cleveland is probably open to a trade for the right price, which would be a ton.

As I have said all along, if the Chiefs want a QB in the first round, they need to trade up a little bit. It sends a message that you really believe in the player, and they can also afford to trade picks right now more so than most teams. Maybe trade up to the late teens, early twenties. But this idea that all of the top guys will be gone by 15... not buying it whatsoever.

If we trade up for a QB Dorsey would really have to love the kid. Otherwise it won't happen.

staylor26
04-12-2017, 11:27 AM
If we trade up for a QB Dorsey would really have to love the kid. Otherwise it won't happen.

If we take a QB at 27 Dorsey would really have to love the kid, so I don't really see your point?

pugsnotdrugs19
04-12-2017, 11:28 AM

That's why he should do it. If you really want a kid, make it clear. Part ways with a pick or two and go get the guy that you want to portray as the future face of the organization.

Of course, they may not love any of them. They could just as easily trade back or stand pat and draft a defensive player.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Would you shut the hell up about Peterman...JFC

Pasta Little Brioni
04-12-2017, 11:36 AM

There is no point in drafting any one of those turds. Stop posting this

Chiefnj2
04-12-2017, 11:41 AM
The NFL is desperate to try to create some type of argument about who will go #1. Boring tv since Garrett has been the favorite since day 1.

RunKC
04-12-2017, 11:53 AM
There is no point in drafting any one of those turds. Stop posting this

You might as well stop reading because it's going to happen. You can keep on believin all you want, but we all know how this movie ends.

stumppy
04-12-2017, 12:02 PM
That's why he should do it. If you really want a kid, make it clear. Part ways with a pick or two and go get the guy that you want to portray as the future face of the organization.

Of course, they may not love any of them. They could just as easily trade back or stand pat and draft a defensive player.

I'd think being a teams first round draft pick would be clear enough to any player. If it isn't then I don't want any part of him.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Adam Schefter

Bullshit

1. Myles Garrett
12. QB or CB

2nd round
1. Top QB that falls into 2nd round if they didn't get one in the 1st

pugsnotdrugs19
04-12-2017, 06:25 PM
I'd think being a teams first round draft pick would be clear enough to any player. If it isn't then I don't want any part of him.

Not what I meant exactly-- What I mean is that, typically, if a team really wants a QB in the first round, they have to trade up for him. I think of the Eagles with Wentz, Rams with Goff, and Denver with Lynch just last season. Those teams saw a player that they really wanted and believe to be the future face of the franchise, and they did what it took to go get him.

The Chiefs should be trying to do the exact same thing. Don't pussyfoot around and watch another team trade up in front of you and grab your guy. Be proactive. They've got the ammo and the roster to justify giving up some draft picks. If they want player X at 27 to be their QBOTF, they will be disappointed when he likely isn't there. Of course, they should already know that.

Black Bob
04-12-2017, 06:37 PM
If Cleveland is sooo stupid to take any of these QBs #1 overall, well, they deserve to suck.

This

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 06:41 PM
You're shitting me.

Because shit prospects tear it up at the combine and run for close to 200 ypg against Pac 12 teams. ROFL

By your logic, Dorsey should have never drafted Peters or even Tyreek. God damn this post is stupid.

RealSNR
04-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Because shit prospects tear it up at the combine and run for close to 200 ypg against Pac 12 teams. ROFL

By your logic, Dorsey should have never drafted Peters or even Tyreek. God damn this post is stupid.

Hey, did you know your rep is turned off? Did you accidentally click something in your settings? I don't know why you would turn it off on purpose since you have all these friends on CP who supposedly love your takes and support you 100% in fighting the good fight.

Let us know if you need help turning it back on.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 10:23 PM
You see those 67,911 posts you have made on CP? That tells me enough about the sad and pathetic life that you live. But anyone can figure that out judging by your uneducated posts.

So there's that.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2017, 10:29 PM
SNR is one million times the poster you will ever be. There isn't one poster here who would choose you over him. You're a festering boil that needs lanced. Just like your pus-filled QB.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2017, 10:36 PM
11-5
12-4

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Look at these two tools acting like I give a rats ass about who likes my posts around here. If you had a life outside of CP, you would understand.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 10:37 PM
11-5
12-4

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfUyZpbLP6HxH_RFh3rJuBoNWVnPcH3ur7QyviJ27H-NoNdWxy379YHmcN

The Franchise
04-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Look at these two tools acting like I give a rats ass about who likes my posts around here. If you had a life outside of CP, you would understand.

Kill yourself.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-12-2017, 10:46 PM
You see those 67,911 posts you have made on CP? That tells me enough about the sad and pathetic life that you live. But anyone can figure that out judging by your uneducated posts.

So there's that.

SNR has been on CP for 15 years, so his post count would obviously be high. I'm sure most posters on here would be close to that range after that long.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2017, 10:51 PM

Go board a United Airlines flight.

RealSNR
04-12-2017, 10:52 PM

You do. You absolutely care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't constantly remind us of all the PMs you get from your dozens of fans who love everything you have to say.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2017, 10:53 PM
"I don't care who likes my posts"

*turns off rep so people won't see that no one likes his posts*

RealSNR
04-12-2017, 11:01 PM
SNR has been on CP for 15 years, so his post count would obviously be high. I'm sure most posters on here would be close to that range after that long.

With Tiger's posts per day, his post count would be around 47,000 if he had been around as long as me. And I'll bet a good chunk of the difference can be made up in my gameday thread posts that I used to frequent during Chiefs games.

Yeah, Tiger, you've got suuuuuuuch a real life! You're sooooo important and sooooo busy! I wish my married life with a full time job that includes a ton of traveling could come close to the real life you have!!!

Hammock Parties
04-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Tiger's post count would be astronomical if he cared about anything else besides defending his dumbass QB.

It's pathetic to come on to a message board and dedicate 90% of your time to shitposting about a mediocre QB.

At least we long-time shitposters have diversified our portfolios.

RealSNR
04-12-2017, 11:04 PM
I'm going to Bratislava and Budapest for two weeks in June with my wife. Meeting some friends of ours there.

BUT OH GOD MY LIFE IS SO SAD AND LONELY AND PATHETIC SO I SPEND MY DAYS POSTING ON CP! I WISH I COULD BE COOL LIKE TIGER!!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Somebody got defensive about their life outside of CP.

Sorry not sorry for hurting your feelings, guy.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-12-2017, 11:18 PM
On a thread related note, I was really impressed when watching Brad Kaaya on Gruden's QB Camp tonight. He was probably my number 7 guy before tonight, but he left a great impression on the show. Seemed to really understand the game at an NFL level and enjoyed the work aspect of it. Also, he's tough. Completely shattered a molar (Yes, a tooth:eek:) on a hit vs. Florida State and his first reaction was to watch if the pass was completed or not.

You could probably say these things about most of the QBs on the show, but nonetheless he stood out.

Nickhead
04-12-2017, 11:19 PM
I'm going to Bratislava and Budapest for two weeks in June with my wife. Meeting some friends of ours there.

BUT OH GOD MY LIFE IS SO SAD AND LONELY AND PATHETIC SO I SPEND MY DAYS POSTING ON CP! I WISH I COULD BE COOL LIKE TIGER!!!

now you are just bragging :D

RealSNR
04-12-2017, 11:36 PM

Just trying to help you out, dude. Your insult playbook is about two pages long, and they're both variations on the same fucking theme. One is about mom basement dwellers and the other is about boring no-lifes.

Can't you at least try playing around with the shit your fellow creepy weirdo 49er fans are into with the Alex sex life thing? It would be more interesting, at least.

staylor26
04-12-2017, 11:38 PM
On a thread related note, I was really impressed when watching Brad Kaaya on Gruden's QB Camp tonight. He was probably my number 7 guy before tonight, but he left a great impression on the show. Seemed to really understand the game at an NFL level and enjoyed the work aspect of it. Also, he's tough. Completely shattered a molar (Yes, a tooth:eek:) on a hit vs. Florida State and his first reaction was to watch if the pass was completed or not.

You could probably say these things about most of the QBs on the show, but nonetheless he stood out.

Welcome to the Kaaya bandwagon :D

Sorter
04-12-2017, 11:41 PM

We should scrap.

Eleazar
04-13-2017, 06:32 AM
The long process of Chiefs fans dealing with the fact that Andy Reid loves Alex Smith and Smith is going nowhere continues.

MahiMike
04-13-2017, 06:40 AM
Smoke meet screen.

rico
04-13-2017, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the Kaaya bandwagon :D

I think you are right about Kaaya. I spent an evening at my in-laws watching clip after clip after clip of Kaaya and I like him. I disagree with the NFL.com comparison thingy that compares him to Cody Kessler...I think that's pretty ignorant. I've been waiting for this guy to start receiving some attention. Wonder if it will happen...

kccrow
04-13-2017, 09:13 AM
I think you are right about Kaaya. I spent an evening at my in-laws watching clip after clip after clip of Kaaya and I like him. I disagree with the NFL.com comparison thingy that compares him to Cody Kessler...I think that's pretty ignorant. I've been waiting for this guy to start receiving some attention. Wonder if it will happen...

If the Chiefs don't go QB in 1, then I think Kaaya is very high on their list on day 2.

rico
04-13-2017, 09:16 AM
If the Chiefs don't go QB in 1, then I think Kaaya is very high on their list on day 2.

Has he had a private workout yet?

Baby Lee
04-13-2017, 09:18 AM
The long process of Chiefs fans dealing with the fact that Andy Reid loves Alex Smith and Smith is going nowhere continues.

http://i.imgur.com/ilfUP.jpg?fb

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 09:20 AM

I don't think there has been a private workout yet but we've interviewed him.

kccrow
04-13-2017, 09:25 AM

I don't know. Teams don't make such things public knowledge. Most of it comes from media rumors or "insider" info. From reports, they spoke with him at the combine. Usually don't get half the info on guys the team have spoken to or had workouts with anyhow. I'd assume, with this regime, they've done their due diligence on all the QB prospects. Kiyaa fits the mould rather well though. Smart, mature, can make NFL throws. He needs some work, but he's got some tools that fit.

rico
04-13-2017, 09:51 AM
I don't know. Teams don't make such things public knowledge. Most of it comes from media rumors or "insider" info. From reports, they spoke with him at the combine. Usually don't get half the info on guys the team have spoken to or had workouts with anyhow. I'd assume, with this regime, they've done their due diligence on all the QB prospects. Kiyaa fits the mould rather well though. Smart, mature, can make NFL throws. He needs some work, but he's got some tools that fit.

That's cool...I think you are right on about the workouts.

Kaaya definitely has my attention.

And this is an extremely silly reason to like Kaaya, but I can't help myself... my oldest daughter's name is Kaiya...she is 6 years old. Her name is pronounced the same way as Kaaya... If he ended up as the Chiefs's QB (and hopefully decent), then Kaiya would likely become a full-fledged Chiefs fan... ya see, my wife is a die-hard Steelers fan and we are always competing with each other to try to get our daughters to like our teams...they usually side with their mom, but if they drafted Kaaya...and he worked out to the point where I was willing to buy her a Kaaya jersey...I think Kaiya would be all in on the Chiefs!!

RunKC
04-13-2017, 09:52 AM
I don't get the hate for Kaaya. Yes he was bad under pressure at times bc he had a shit OL, but how many QB's are good with pressure like that? Manning, Brady and Rodgers are the only one'S I can think of and even they turtle up when the heat gets to them constantly.

I think Kaaya could be a good QB here.

Sandy Vagina
04-13-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't get the hate for Kaaya. Yes he was bad under pressure at times bc he had a shit OL, but how many QB's are good with pressure like that? Manning, Brady and Rodgers are the only one'S I can think of and even they turtle up when the heat gets to them constantly.

What a very interesting take. Like always said.. if you like the QB, "excuses" turn into legit reasons... and vice versa.

raybec 4
04-13-2017, 10:22 AM

I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that this basket case literally QUIT football because he couldn't get his head together. What about that to you says he's going to dedicate himself to football after he gets paid? Peters and Tyreek never had the quitter tag before they were drafted so it's clearly not a good comparison.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:23 AM

And comparing Peters - a top flight talent and consensus 1st round pick who's dedication to football was never questioned and who was thrown off the team by a new head coach looking to put heads on stakes to establish dominance but only AFTER they were no longer bowl eligible - to Joe Williams, is smart?

The situations aren't even remotely comparable. At all.

As for Hill - if you're going to make that leap, at least stick with Mixon.

There's a better chance that Joe Williams goes undrafted than there is that he goes in the first 3. I'd be shocked if anyone grabs him before the 6th. I'd hazard a guess that you've seen exactly zero seconds of him running the football and yet you're salivating over taking him on the 2nd day.

You're a goddamn moron.

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 10:25 AM
What a very interesting take. Like always said.. if you like the QB, "excuses" turn into legit reasons... and vice versa.

It's already been proven that Alex Smith fucking causes more sacks.

28 sacks last year (his lowest total in KC) and he was complete fucking garbage. What's your excuse for that one?

rico

Sometimes I wonder how long after we dump Alex that it will take you to ditch the Chiefs and CP... and my initial thought is, "immediately."

However, part of me thinks you may actually stick around after Alex is gone...especially if we find a QB that the majority of us like...You'll stick around and pout and piss in our punch bowl because we are loving on some other QB not named Alex.

Nah, you'll probably be gone...following whatever Alex is doing after football.

raybec 4
And comparing Peters - a top flight talent and consensus 1st round pick who's dedication to football was never questioned and who was thrown off the team by a new head coach looking to put heads on stakes to establish dominance but only AFTER they were no longer bowl eligible - to Joe Williams, is smart?

There's a better chance that Joe Williams goes undrafted than there is that he goes in the first 3. I'd be shocked if anyone grabs him before the 6th. I'd hazard a guess that you've seen exactly zero seconds of him running the football and yet you're salivating over taking him on the 2nd day.

You're a goddamn moron.

I shoulda gone to law school, you said that way better than I did.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:26 AM

My problem with Kaaya is that he's deceptively unathletic.

To look at the guy, everything about him looks lean, angular and explosive. But then when it comes time to actually move he's feet, he's just a statue.

So when you have a guy that doesn't do a good job of standing in and delivering, nor does he do a good job of using his legs to buy time or create yards, you have to wonder how he could ever succeed at the next level.

Because it would seem that the only way is to give him a line where he's only pressured 2-3 times/gm and frankly that's just not going to happen. Even with an outstanding line, if teams recognize that he can't handle pressure, they'll send the house at him and overload the line while daring him to beat them.

There are things about Kaaya that I like (more accurately, there are moments I like), but he just seems like he's missing an 'oh shit' gear. He has nothing to go to when the maelstrom strikes.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:29 AM
I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that this basket case literally QUIT football because he couldn't get his head together. What about that to you says he's going to dedicate himself to football after he gets paid? Peters and Tyreek never had the quitter tag before they were drafted so it's clearly not a good comparison.

Cam Newton quit on Florida. So there's that.

rico
04-13-2017, 10:31 AM
My problem with Kaaya is that he's deceptively unathletic.

To look at the guy, everything about him looks lean, angular and explosive. But then when it comes time to actually move he's feet, he's just a statue.

So when you have a guy that doesn't do a good job of standing in and delivering, nor does he do a good job of using his legs to buy time or create yards, you have to wonder how he could ever succeed at the next level.

Because it would seem that the only way is to give him a line where he's only pressured 2-3 times/gm and frankly that's just not going to happen. Even with an outstanding line, if teams recognize that he can't handle pressure, they'll send the house at him and overload the line while daring him to beat them.

There are things about Kaaya that I like (more accurately, there are moments I like), but he just seems like he's missing an 'oh shit' gear. He has nothing to go to when the maelstrom strikes.

Do you think the areas that he's lacking are fixable? If so, easily fixable or something(s) that may take a while?

SAGA45
04-13-2017, 10:31 AM
The one thing about Kaaya that he has over most of the top qb prospects is mechanics. Probably the most fundamentally sound passer in the entire QB class with Trubisky a close second. But he lacks the dual-threat athleticism and improvisation that make guys like Mahomes, Watson and Kizer more appealing. I want to compare him to Kirk Cousins but I haven't seen the competitive fire and leadership in him that Cousins has.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:36 AM
I shoulda gone to law school, you said that way better than I did.

It just cracks me up. I like Chris Petersen a lot, I think he's an excellent coach. But nobody would try to say that the guy isn't a bit of a red-ass.
He's a strict guy and I have no problem with that. And coming into a new situation, he needed to put a stamp on a team that had been run by an undisciplined lunatic drunk.

So of course, right after they're no longer bowl eligible and with everyone and their brother knowing that Peters is leaving early for the draft, Petersen tosses him out to send a message. Oh, and then Petersen gave him Peters his endorsement and high marks to any NFL coach that asked because everyone knew this kid loved football. Unlike Williams, who just fucking quit, everyone around Peters gave the exact OPPOSITE statement - the kid gets himself in trouble because he loves football and cares so much about succeeding that it will occasionally get the best of him.

There is literally no worse comparison you can make than a RB that quit the football team because his heart wasn't in it and a CB that was tossed off because he couldn't keep his emotions in check.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:36 AM

You're a goddamn moron.

You realize that all your talking points I found verbatim taken off a couple websites. You criticize his catching ability when guys like Spencer Ware, Coleman, Freeman, and Bell weren't used as dual threat backs in college. So that argument is crap. Then you point at character issues but then backtrack to say Peters and Tyreeks athleticism surpasses that. Joe Williams runs all over the PAC 12 with more success than Devontae Booker did for Utah, has elite speed and killed it in the 40 and shuttle.... Yet somehow he's a shit prospect. You then criticize his blocking ability like it's a deal breaker but my your logic Jamaal Charles would be a backup. What. A joke.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Cam Newton quit on Florida. So there's that.

HE WAS GOING TO GET EXPELLED FOR THEFT AND ACADEMIC FRAUD!

Do you have any control over how stupid you allow yourself to get?

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:38 AM
You realize that all your talking points I found verbatim taken off a couple websites. You criticize his catching ability when guys like Spencer Ware, Coleman, Freeman, and Bell weren't used as dual threat backs in college. So that argument is crap. Then you point at character issues but then backtrack to say Peters and Tyreeks athleticism surpasses that. Joe Williams runs all over the PAC 12 with more success than Devontae Booker did for Utah, has elite speed and killed it in the 40 and shuttle.... Yet somehow he's a shit prospect. You then criticize his blocking ability like it's a deal breaker but my your logic Jamaal Charles would be a backup. What. A joke.

What do you want to lay down on where he gets drafted?

And in what planet was Jamaal Charles not an outstanding blocker and receiver out of the backfield? Or run with poor pad level?

You're doing a really bad job here.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Do you think the areas that he's lacking are fixable? If so, easily fixable or something(s) that may take a while?

I don't know but if I were betting I'd say probably not.

As has been noted, his mechanics are pretty clean so there's not an easy fix there. By and large, he does what you want to see a good thrower do and his biomechanics sure seem to allow him to repeat it. You love seeing that. The flipside to that coin is that those kinds of really polished passers often lack some of the improvisational skills that allow them to throw shit at the wall and make it stick when all hell breaks lose. They're robotic as opposed to 'feel' quarterbacks that can just pull something from nothing. When things don't go according to script for them, it's a problem. Some have both, but those are rare birds. Most QBs are one or the other.

Kaaya would need to be the former but to do so, he'd need to be willing to stand in there when things are going crazy around him. I've said since I watched Gabbert come apart at Mizzou - once a guy starts looking at the rush, it's hard to ever break him of it. If a quarterback's unwilling to keep his eyes downfield in the face of a rush, DCs will see it and attack it. It's only a matter of time before he starts feeling phantom pressure or missing disguised blitzes where LBs are dropping into short zones and he's still firing the ball to the hot read and right into the LBs chest.

I'm fine taking him as a replacement for Bray but I don't think they'd find a way to keep him on the roster. I think he's a nice backup candidate in that he's a football rat and a smart guy that can come in, play a few games a year and keep you competitive. There's a slim chance he could turn into a Bridgewater type (and an even slimmer one that he could become Cousins). But realistically you're looking at a cost-effective backup for a few years, IMO.

LiL stumppy
04-13-2017, 10:44 AM
He's a huge Browns fan. It makes the most sense imo.. he's my favorite prospect at QB. I think Myles is going to be a dominate player, but if you have a guy like Trubisky that wants to play for the Browns, I think you take it..

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:47 AM
What do you know of the situation? We didn't know a damn thing about the Peters situation and how Dorsey did private interviews til after we drafted him yet here you are discrediting someone you googled last night. Williams is third round talent any normal year. If we get him late because of the large volume of backs this year it provides is a better alternative to C West

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:48 AM
What do you want to lay down on where he gets drafted?

And in what planet was Jamaal Charles not an outstanding blocker and receiver out of the backfield? Or run with poor pad level?

You're doing a really bad job here.

You didn't see the difference in blocking ability that Ware provided?

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:48 AM
He's a huge Browns fan. It makes the most sense imo.. he's my favorite prospect at QB. I think Myles is going to be a dominate player, but if you have a guy like Trubisky that wants to play for the Browns, I think you take it..

Wait...what?

You draft a player over a clearly superior player because he's a fan of the team?

That makes zero sense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:51 AM
HE WAS GOING TO GET EXPELLED FOR THEFT AND ACADEMIC FRAUD!

Do you have any control over how stupid you allow yourself to get?
Any do you know the exact reasons why Williams quit the team? Only the coaches and him truly now. You don't show up to beat the hell out of the PAC 12 and prep to put up stellar numbers at the combine because you aren't serious about playing.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:52 AM
You didn't see the difference in blocking ability that Ware provided?

Charles, before his injuries, was a better blocker than Ware.

Ware was more physical but Charles was equally willing and smarter. Seriously, go back and look at him in his prime; the guy would absolutely kill blitzing linebackers because he had virtually flawless technique. Hell, the guy flat out broke Brian Cushing's leg on a block.

Very few guys were better at diagnosing a blitz, getting to their spot and making the right type of block at the right time than Jamaal Charles. He wasn't going to try to go upright and go chest to chest with some dude flying off the edge, but he'd toss a chip in there to get them off balance or cut the shit out of them if he needed to.

Charles was an outstanding blocker. You're out of your depth and by a fair amount.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Any do you know the exact reasons why Williams quit the team? Only the coaches and him truly now. You don't show up to beat the hell out of the PAC 12 and prep to put up stellar numbers at the combine because you aren't serious about playing.

And you do?

I ask again - what do you want to lay down on where he gets drafted? A whole lot of people that are going to know a whole lot more about him than you or I do are going to have a chance to prove you right.

What say you?

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 10:53 AM

Those vaunted Pac 12 rushing defenses. LMAO

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 10:54 AM
And you do?

I ask again - what do you want to lay down on where he gets drafted? A whole lot of people that are going to know a whole lot more about him than you or I do are going to have a chance to prove you right.

What say you?

He's not going to bet you.

RunKC
04-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Tiger getting taken to the shed.

Have mercy, DJ

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:58 AM
And you do?

What say you?

I'm more interested in betting what level of talent he is in the NFL rather than his draft position in a draft stacked with above average backs

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Tiger getting taken to the shed.

Have mercy, DJ

You figure out what school Barkley went to yet? Or which year Carr entered the draft? ROFL

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 11:00 AM
You figure out what school Barkley went to yet? Or which year Carr entered the draft? ROFL

Are you fucking retarded?

People need to remember the tale of Matt Barkley.

Won at Ohio State as a Freshman and continued to look good as a Sophomore and everyone was saying he would be a franchise QB when he declared for the draft.

Then look at what happened..

:shake:
You have your schools wrong
Darnold and Barkley are much different quarterbacks

What school did he get wrong, disphit?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 11:01 AM
You can't teach speed and this dude has it.

RunKC
04-13-2017, 11:02 AM
Are you ****ing retarded?

What school did he get wrong, disphit?

Not only is he football stupid, he's also illiterate.

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Not only is he football stupid, he's also illiterate.

Does he honestly think that you don't know that Barkley went to school at USC and you were talking about him beating Ohio State as a freshman? I mean the dude is retarded but fucking holy shit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Coming from the dumbass who said Dorsey passed on Carr to trade for alex Smith. Quit taking out of your ass and posting fake news and get your years straight

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Coming from the dumbass who said Dorsey passed on Carr to trade for alex Smith. Quit taking out of your ass and posting fake news and get your years straight

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-kansas-city-chiefs-derek-carr-alex-smith-andy-reid-quarterback-020116

RunKC
04-13-2017, 11:08 AM

I never said Dorsey passed on Carr.

The irony of This post talking about talking out of your ass

Rausch
04-13-2017, 11:11 AM
The Browns need so much it makes no sense to go QB for them this year...

rico
04-13-2017, 11:27 AM

Yup...in the words of the great Scott Pioli, "drafting a QB every year is good for business." Imagine how good business would be if we drafted a QB in the first round every....year....!!!!

pugsnotdrugs19
04-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Obviously, in a perfect world we draft the QB in the first round. But, if they do for some reason all go way higher than they should.... I could definitely get behind drafting a ILB/CB/RB in the late first round and taking a guy like Kaaya in RD2 or RD3.

kccrow
04-13-2017, 11:57 AM

I agree that teams in the top 10 shouldn't be taking these QB's and throwing them to the wolves, but the fact remains that SF, NYJ, and CLE all have Jack and Shit at the QB position heading into 2017. There is a legitimate chance the Browns not only take a QB at 12, but move up from 12, maybe as high as 4th overall (I don't see Tennessee giving up #5 if one of Adams or Lattimore is on the board for them) to get Trubisky before the Jets. That is, if San Francisco doesn't strike first at #2.

If that happens, the chances of KC securing a QB in 2017 worth a shit becomes far less likely.

MahiMike
04-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Some guru/GM I heard on Cowherd today (didn't get the name) said last year they had 11 QBs worthy of drafting. This year only 6.

Hammock Parties
04-13-2017, 12:03 PM
the fact remains that SF, NYJ, and CLE all have Jack and Shit at the QB position heading into 2017.

And if they all take a QB, all three will be far less likely to take a QB next year.

Hell, maybe you can get one of those teams to trade you their 2018 1st after they blow their 2017 first round pick on a QB and desperately try to trade back into the 2017 1st round to pick another player.

After all, they don't need their 1st for a QB next year, so why not take advantage of the deep 2017 class at other positions?

Dorsey needs to think outside the box here.

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 12:05 PM
And if they all take a QB, all three will be far less likely to take a QB next year.

Hell, maybe you can get one of those teams to trade you their 2018 1st after they blow their 2017 first round pick on a QB and desperately try to trade back into the 2017 1st round to pick another player.

After all, they don't need their 1st for a QB next year, so why not take advantage of the deep 2017 class at other positions?

The Jets just spent a 2nd rounder on a QB last year. They're dumb enough to draft a QB at 6 this year and then do it again next year. Especially with a new staff.

Chiefnj2
04-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Other than Cleveland with their 2nd pick and Houston, I don't think anyone else takes a QB before KC. Even with Cleveland I think the chance is less than 50%.

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Other than Cleveland with their 2nd pick and Houston, I don't think anyone else takes a QB before KC. Even with Cleveland I think the chance is less than 50%.

Add Arizona to that list.

kccrow
04-13-2017, 12:23 PM

If that's what happens, I certainly wouldn't be against the idea.

staylor26
04-13-2017, 12:39 PM

People really underestimate how bad our OL's were during his time here. The talent level on offense overall was pretty ****ing average too.

Chiefnj2
04-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Add Arizona to that list.

Maybe if they trade back in the first. I don't see them using a top 15 pick (with only one first round pick) on any QB in this class.

These QB prospects really aren't that good compared to the talent that will be available when these teams pick.

Some years you get these bizarre early QB runs on meh players- 2011, I just don't think it will happen this year.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm more interested in betting what level of talent he is in the NFL rather than his draft position in a draft stacked with above average backs

That's exactly where I started, you fucking lackwit.

In a draft where there are a dozen capable RBs, why the hell would you be excited about the idea of taking this guy in the 3rd? Especially when there are going to be starting caliber edge rushers, CBs and Safeties that you could take and STILL get Williams in the 5th or later?

rico
04-13-2017, 01:04 PM
People really underestimate how bad our OL's were during his time here. The talent level on offense overall was pretty ****ing average too.

How is Kaaya regarded in Miami in comparison to guys like...Bernie Kosar? Pretty well liked in Miami?

My college roommate/one of my best friends is from Miami. Loves the Heat. Loves the Canes.

RealSNR
04-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Some guru/GM I heard on Cowherd today (didn't get the name) said last year they had 11 QBs worthy of drafting. This year only 6.

The back end of this draft for QBs is truly horrific.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 01:35 PM
The back end of this draft for QBs is truly horrific.

Starting where, though?

Trubisky
Mahomes
Kizer
Watson
Webb
Peterman

All imminently draftable, yes? Then I'd say Kaaya and Dobbs are draftable, but on opposite grounds. I have a hard time saying there are only 6 draftable quarterbacks.

8, OTOH, I can get behind. Fuck Chad Kelly in his face. I would probably be willing to throw a 6th or even a 7th at Evans but you have to know that he's probably camp fodder; just too far away and no quality team can justify carrying him. If someone wanted to argue that he's nothing but a priority UDFA (Bray), I'd totally buy that.

Well....and of course Cooper Rush, but I don't think he'll make it to our pick at 27. Guy has Tom Brady written all over him.

staylor26
04-13-2017, 01:35 PM
How is Kaaya regarded in Miami in comparison to guys like...Bernie Kosar? Pretty well liked in Miami?

My college roommate/one of my best friends is from Miami. Loves the Heat. Loves the Canes.

It depends. To casual fans, he sucks because he never beat FSU. What they fail to realize is he's the only reason we were in those last 3 games to begin with. I think they'll see that when we go to Tally this year with a young inexperienced QB. He made a beautiful throw in the clutch to give us a chance to tie at the end of the game this year, and we proceeded to miss the extra point. That really hurt his legacy IMO.

To reasonable fans like myself, we see a guy that could be another in a long list of Shannon/Golden coached Canes that turns out to be a better pro than college player. He's the best QB we've had in my lifetime (sorry Ken Dorsey I still love you).

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 01:38 PM
It depends. To casual fans, he sucks because he never beat FSU. What they fail to realize is he's the only reason we were in those last 3 games to begin with. He made a beautiful throw in the clutch to give us a chance to tie at the end of the game this year, and we proceeded to miss the extra point.

To reasonable fans like myself, we see a guy that could be another in a long list of Shannon/Golden coached Canes that turns out to be a better pro than college player. He's the best QB we've had in my lifetime (sorry Ken Dorsey I still love you).

If Ken Dorsey didn't exist, I'd have to invent him.

He's the single greatest argument for tools over intangibles you'll ever see. You can't find a single person EVER who will say a bad thing about that guy. Teammates love playing for him, he loved the game, was smart and worked his ass off.

But man, when you can't throw a baseball through a pane of glass, you just ain't gonna make it. And to have your career end on the biggest !@#$ing hose job in NCAA football history...ugh. Fuck you, Ohio State.

-King-
04-13-2017, 01:43 PM
Charles, before his injuries, was a better blocker than Ware.

Ware was more physical but Charles was equally willing and smarter. Seriously, go back and look at him in his prime; the guy would absolutely kill blitzing linebackers because he had virtually flawless technique. Hell, the guy flat out broke Brian Cushing's leg on a block.

Very few guys were better at diagnosing a blitz, getting to their spot and making the right type of block at the right time than Jamaal Charles. He wasn't going to try to go upright and go chest to chest with some dude flying off the edge, but he'd toss a chip in there to get them off balance or cut the shit out of them if he needed to.

Charles was an outstanding blocker. You're out of your depth and by a fair amount.

God damn. This post just reminded me of how much I love Charles. I'm sad now. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
04-13-2017, 01:43 PM
If Ken Dorsey didn't exist, I'd have to invent him.

He's the single greatest argument for tools over intangibles you'll ever see. You can't find a single person EVER who will say a bad thing about that guy. Teammates love playing for him, he loved the game, was smart and worked his ass off.

But man, when you can't throw a baseball through a pane of glass, you just ain't gonna make it. And to have your career end on the biggest !@#$ing hose job in NCAA football history...ugh. **** you, Ohio State.

It's so sad that he didn't at least go out with another NC. Between the McGahee injury, the terrible PI call, and Dorsey getting banged up and having to come out in OT then going back in hurt (people forget about that), it was like watching a football horror movie. That's the last taste of championship ball I have with any of my sports teams too. I'm pretty sure I got fan PTSD from it.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 01:45 PM
God damn. This post just reminded me of how much I love Charles. I'm sad now. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

If only he could block...

Christ, that's the level we're dealing with here. Some asshole that thinks Jamaal Charles was a lousy blocker.

Idiot.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 01:47 PM
It's so sad that he didn't at least go out with another NC. Between the McGahee injury, the terrible PI call, and Dorsey getting banged up and having to come out in OT then going back in hurt (people forget about that), it was like watching a football horror movie. That's the last taste of championship ball I have with any of my sports teams too. I'm pretty sure I got fan PTSD from it.

I will forever contend that those teams were the two most talented football teams in college football history and that every year, when some idiot says "Alabama could beat the 49ers", they're wrong.

But THOSE Miami teams? Those squads could've hung with the NFL bottom dwellers. Maybe not beat them...but maybe they could. Going through the 2-deep on those squads is just ridiculous.

staylor26
04-13-2017, 01:52 PM
I will forever contend that those teams were the two most talented football teams in college football history and that every year, when some idiot says "Alabama could beat the 49ers", they're wrong.

But THOSE Miami teams? Those squads could've hung with the NFL bottom dwellers. Maybe not beat them...but maybe they could. Going through the 2-deep on those squads is just ridiculous.

It's really hard to believe that at one time we had McGahee and Gore backing up Portis (Najeh Davenport at FB), Winslow behind Shockey, and Sean Taylor ( :( ) behind Ed Reed. Not to mention guys like Vilma, Andre Johnson, DJ Williams, Jerome McDougle, Bryant McKiney, Mike Rumph, Phillip Buchanan, etc.

Absolutely unreal.

RunKC
04-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Mahommes had a great day working out for Arizona per Matt Miller. There's no way in hell he's falling past them.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-13-2017, 02:13 PM
That's exactly where I started, you ****ing lackwit.

In a draft where there are a dozen capable RBs, why the hell would you be excited about the idea of taking this guy in the 3rd? Especially when there are going to be starting caliber edge rushers, CBs and Safeties that you could take and STILL get Williams in the 5th or later?

I hope he flies under the radar but I wouldn't be mad if we went safe and picked him up with our 4th overall pick. Great complementary back to go with Ware.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Mahommes had a great day working out for Arizona per Matt Miller. There's no way in hell he's falling past them.
People say that every draft about all sorts of players, we really don't know.

No way that Dorsey falls to us, no way that DJ falls to us, no way that Bridgewater falls to us

on and on and on

Although, QB's do tend to go higher than expected while other positions like RBs,ILBs tend to go lower. Positional value influences stuff when it comes does to crunch time.

rico
04-13-2017, 02:21 PM
It's really hard to believe that at one time we had McGahee and Gore backing up Portis (Najeh Davenport at FB), Winslow behind Shockey, and Sean Taylor ( :( ) behind Ed Reed. Not to mention guys like Vilma, Andre Johnson, DJ Williams, Jerome McDougle, Bryant McKiney, Mike Rumph, Phillip Buchanan, etc.

Absolutely unreal.

Good lord, that is incredible.

staylor26
04-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Good lord, that is incredible.

There's never even been an NFL team with a RB, TE, or S group with that much talent. We'll never see anything like it again in CFB.

Hammock Parties
04-13-2017, 02:28 PM
If only he could block...

Christ, that's the level we're dealing with here. Some asshole that thinks Jamaal Charles was a lousy blocker.

Idiot.

It's not a surprise...dude will shit on any Chief that isn't ASS11 at a moment's notice.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 02:38 PM
There's never even been an NFL team with a RB, TE, or S group with that much talent. We'll never see anything like it again in CFB.

Jarrett Payton - the ultimate legacy kid and a damn good back in his own right - was 6th on the depth chart.

Think about that - a kid that played in the NFL couldn't even make Miami's taxi squad.

ModSocks
04-13-2017, 02:40 PM
I think there should be more talk about Chad Kelly.

One of the most talented QB's in this draft class imo. Yes, yes, off the field red flags and two torn ACL's, but the guy could turn out to be a steal.

This year's Tyler Bray?

staylor26
04-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Jarrett Payton - the ultimate legacy kid and a damn good back in his own right - was 6th on the depth chart.

Think about that - a kid that played in the NFL couldn't even make Miami's taxi squad.

Yup, Payton was a pretty ****ing good college RB when he finally got to play.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2017, 03:31 PM

One of the most talented QB's in this draft class imo. Yes, yes, off the field red flags and two torn ACL's, but the guy could turn out to be a steal.

This year's Tyler Bray?

Just had a wrist tendon injury, didn't he?

And he's this year's Bray if Bray were a bigger asshole. Chad Kelly is essentially the bastard spawn of Tyler Bray and Johnny Manziel. Take the worst traits of each player and you end up with Chad Kelly.

ModSocks
04-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Just had a wrist tendon injury, didn't he?

And he's this year's Bray if Bray were a bigger asshole. Chad Kelly is essentially the bastard spawn of Tyler Bray and Johnny Manziel. Take the worst traits of each player and you end up with Chad Kelly.

The character concerns aren't THAT bad.

He ran onto a football field when a brawl was occurring, in defense of his little brother. He never actually engaged in the brawl.

He was kicked off Clemson for reportedly arguing with coaches, and he allegedly got into it with a bouncer at a club.

But at least he never punched a pregnant woman or sucker punched a chick.

ModSocks
04-13-2017, 03:39 PM
As far as the wrist goes, i had read that he was going to throw again on the 22nd. I just now read, however, that he had surgery and won't be throwing afterall.

In that same article i found this nugget:

"Kelly had already visited with the Kansas City Chiefs, and he has upcoming visits scheduled with Seattle and Buffalo. Oubre said Cincinnati and Miami also have shown interest."

Apparently the Chiefs already brought him in. I really like this kid's talent.

Nickhead
04-13-2017, 04:19 PM

This year's Tyler Bray?

if you are comparing him to tyler bray, we have already seen how that panned out. :D

The Franchise
04-13-2017, 04:21 PM

This year's Tyler Bray?

So IR every year and does nothing?

ModSocks
04-13-2017, 04:56 PM
So IR every year and does nothing?

But look at that arm strength!

pugsnotdrugs19
04-13-2017, 06:50 PM

He said that the two teams to watch with Mahomes were Arizona and KC, but....

He said for Kansas City, he would need to fall a bit lower obviously to get into striking distance. There's no telling how far they are willing to trade up, but I would hope if he gets past Arizona that they will make the move.

Chief Northman
04-13-2017, 07:05 PM
He said that the two teams to watch with Mahomes were Arizona and KC, but....

He said for Kansas City, he would need to fall a bit lower obviously to get into striking distance. There's no telling how far they are willing to trade up, but I would hope if he gets past Arizona that they will make the move.

Buffalo at 10.
They have the least picks in the draft. Andy groomed McDermott. If Mahomes really is the guy, then you offer Buffalo multiple picks to get ahead of both Cleveland and Arizona. Steep cost.

If somehow Arizona passes on Mahomes, you then call Ballard in Indy. They have 7 picks. I can imagine a new GM would want more picks to put a stamp on his roster in a deep draft. You also say, "Do you want your division rival Houston to get their future guy? We can help prolong their qb problem...."

We will soon find out if Mahomes has drawn the fancy of the brass, or if they play the percentages and let the players fall to them in a deep draft.

I too long for a shiny new qb, but at what price and risk? The franchise could get so much better around the qb position through this draft alone: aging pass rusher, injured ilb, poor run defense, more depth needed at rb, and a Maclin replacement could all be found within our first four picks. Do you throw that away on "potential" at the qb spot?

I can't imagine the stress Dorsey and company are going through leading up to this draft - so hard to read how this qb class is going to shake out.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Buffalo at 10.
They have the least picks in the draft. Andy groomed McDermott. If Mahomes really is the guy, then you offer Buffalo multiple picks to get ahead of both Cleveland and Arizona. Steep cost.

If somehow Arizona passes on Mahomes, you then call Ballard in Indy. They have 7 picks. I can imagine a new GM would want more picks to put a stamp on his roster in a deep draft. You also say, "Do you want your division rival Houston to get their future guy? We can help prolong their qb problem...."

We will soon find out if Mahomes has drawn the fancy of the brass, or if they play the percentages and let the players fall to them in a deep draft.

I too long for a shiny new qb, but at what price and risk? The franchise could get so much better around the qb position through this draft alone: aging pass rusher, injured ilb, poor run defense, more depth needed at rb, and a Maclin replacement could all be found within our first four picks. Do you throw that away on "potential" at the qb spot?

I can't imagine the stress Dorsey and company are going through leading up to this draft - so hard to read how this qb class is going to shake out.

The Colts trade idea is really solid. If Ballard can stock up on talented players, they are a SB contender with Luck. More picks = more opportunities to hit on game changers.

RunKC
04-13-2017, 07:48 PM
The Colts trade idea is really solid. If Ballard can stock up on talented players, they are a SB contender with Luck. More picks = more opportunities to hit on game changers.

This was my idea previously.

I think Ballard would cut us a solid deal if we gave a good deal.

Colts 14th overall pick is worth 1,100 points

Ideal trade

27th overall pick (680 points)
3rd rd pick (136 points)
2018 2nd rd pick (at least 300 points)

That alone is over 1,100 points and gives Ballard a lot of options in a deep draft.

We all know Dorsey wants his picks, so he could trade down in rd 2 like like year (59 to 74 for a 4th rd pick) and gain another mid round valuable pick.

RunKC
04-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Also..Houston traded their 2nd rd pick. They've got no ammo to trade up for a QB

staylor26
04-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Also..Houston traded their 2nd rd pick. They've got no ammo to trade up for a QB

Which also makes it difficult to take one of these QB's that has to sit a year.

Chiefshrink
04-13-2017, 09:22 PM

This was my idea previously.

I think Ballard would cut us a solid deal if we gave a good deal.

Colts 14th overall pick is worth 1,100 points

Ideal trade

27th overall pick (680 points)
3rd rd pick (136 points)
2018 2nd rd pick (at least 300 points)

That alone is over 1,100 points and gives Ballard a lot of options in a deep draft.

We all know Dorsey wants his picks, so he could trade down in rd 2 like like year (59 to 74 for a 4th rd pick) and gain another mid round valuable pick.

Here is a big hypothetical that will not happen but fun to ponder. Let's say Dorsey trades up and for some reason Mahomes and Foster are right there for the taking. Who would you take ?

Chief Northman
04-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Here is a big hypothetical that will not happen but fun to ponder. Let's say Dorsey trades up and for some reason Mahomes and Foster are right there for the taking. Who would you take ?

Tough one.
Foster will be an all-pro for 10 years.
Mahomes might be out of the league in 3-5 years, or a franchise-signal caller. The smart money says Foster, but the ILB position is less impactful and more readily replaced talent-wise. Can't say the same about the qb position. If Dorsey/Reid are completely sold on Mahomes then you trade up for him. Any hesitation and you stand pat or go get Foster.

Pretty much two of my favourite players in this draft, so tough decision and neat scenario on your part.

Chiefshrink
04-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Tough one.
Foster will be an all-pro for 10 years.
Mahomes might be out of the league in 3-5 years, or a franchise-signal caller. The smart money says Foster, but the ILB position is less impactful and more readily replaced talent-wise. Can't say the same about the qb position. If Dorsey/Reid are completely sold on Mahomes then you trade up for him. Any hesitation and you stand pat or go get Foster.

Pretty much two of my favourite players in this draft, so tough decision and neat scenario on your part.

Good analysis. Another player I hope we take IF we can't get the QB of our choice is Reddick. I like his explosion and motor. He may even go before 27 and probably will and I would hate to see any of our divisional rivals get him that's for sure.

Chief Northman
04-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Good analysis. Another player I hope we take IF we can't get the QB of our choice is Reddick. I like his explosion and motor. He may even go before 27 and probably will and I would hate to see any of our divisional rivals get him that's for sure.

I respectfully disagree on Reddick :drool:.

Too much bad tape for me. I get leery with guys who transition to multiple positions/schemes from college to pro. He's too light to play edge and not experienced enough to be inside. I saw too many instances of him making no impact snap to snap. Impressive flash plays, but few and far between.

Tim Williams and Tarell Basham are guys I like as pass rush fits for us. Bowser is interesting too.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2017, 10:41 PM
The answer is pretty obvious to me.

I don't think Dorsey would trade up if it wasn't for a QB.

He just stays put and sees what falls if you're talking about an ILB.

I still not sure that Reid prefers Mahomes though.

If we are trading up for a QB then we jump up for Watson. imo

Black Bob
04-13-2017, 10:57 PM
They won't take Trubiscuit #1.

ILChief
04-14-2017, 06:20 AM
We are going to end up with Peterman

RealSNR
04-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Meh on Foster. It's not Dorsey's style to drop a 1st round bomb to fix a starter's hole in the roster.

He's going to take advantage of the deep class of ILBs and grab a guy with starting potential in the 3rd/4th rounds like he always does, only this time the expectation is the guy he picks is going to be WAAAAY more apt for being a great player than Ramik Wilson or Nico Johnson of the past years, both of them whom had significant flaws in their games to fix before they could even sniff the productivity of someone like DJ.

The Franchise
04-14-2017, 09:25 AM
If we're trading up....it's more than likely going to be for a QB. I don't see him trading up for an ILB.

RunKC
04-14-2017, 09:27 AM
If this team passes on a QB the pick better be a CB. There are top shelf CB's available in the late first rd that are top 15 picks any other year.

staylor26
04-14-2017, 09:33 AM
If this team passes on a QB the pick better be a CB. There are top shelf CB's available in the late first rd that are top 15 picks any other year.

**** that noise. With Mitchell, I'd rather wait and get one in the 3rd-4th where there will still be potential starters at the position. Front 7 or QB at 27.

RunKC
04-14-2017, 09:36 AM
**** that noise. WithbMitchell, I'd rather wait and get one in the 3rd-4th where there will still be potential starters at the position. Front 7 or QB at 27.

There's not a DL that I would draft rd 1. Not even Wormley. And fuck Jarrad Davis/Zach cunningham.

Pass rusher? Hell yes from me..probably not from Dorsey.

CB is deep but the guys in rd 1 look special. I'm talking true #1 caliber corners. Just imagine one paired with Peters. Holy shit

staylor26
04-14-2017, 09:38 AM
There's not a DL that I would draft rd 1. Not even Wormley. And **** Jarrad Davis/Zach cunningham.

Pass rusher? Hell yes from me..probably not from Dorsey.

CB is deep but the guys in rd 1 look special. I'm talking true #1 caliber corners. Just imagine one paired with Peters. Holy shit

Malik McDowell got invited to the draft which usually means they have a really good shot at going in the 1st, so I think he's a darkhorse. Miller said scouts are saying Wormley will go higher than expected too.

Davis is so underrated on CP. His 2015 tape when he was healthy is really fucking good.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Meh on Foster. It's not Dorsey's style to drop a 1st round bomb to fix a starter's hole in the roster.

He's going to take advantage of the deep class of ILBs and grab a guy with starting potential in the 3rd/4th rounds like he always does, only this time the expectation is the guy he picks is going to be WAAAAY more apt for being a great player than Ramik Wilson or Nico Johnson of the past years, both of them whom had significant flaws in their games to fix before they could even sniff the productivity of someone like DJ.

Foster is not a "meh" player. He will change any defense he goes to. A physical intimidator who easily has the best instincts in this class: Kuechly-like.

We have been spoiled with over a decade of DJ, who has arguably been one of our most dependable players with elite talent.

This ILB class is not deep. Outside of Foster, maybe Cunningham and Davis are every-down players. The Duke Riley's, Raekwon McMillan's, Alex Anzalone's of the world all have question marks and red flags.

You cite that we can nab a starter in round 3/4. Guess where Ramik Wilson was drafted? You wan't another Ramik Wilson caliber player starting?

A smart trade-up for Foster if he falls a bit would be a coup.
Hali and DJ will be following Charles out the door shortly. Tough guys to replace when you consider their overall contributions to the franchise.

The Franchise
04-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Foster is not a "meh" player. He will change any defense he goes to. A physical intimidator who easily has the best instincts in this class: Kuechly-like.

We have been spoiled with over a decade of DJ, who has arguably been one of our most dependable players with elite talent.

This ILB class is not deep. Outside of Foster, maybe Cunningham and Davis are every-down players. The Duke Riley's, Raekwon McMillan's, Alex Anzalone's of the world all have question marks and red flags.

You cite that we can nab a starter in round 3/4. Guess where Ramik Wilson was drafted? You wan't another Ramik Wilson caliber player starting?

Hali and DJ will be following Charles out the door shortly. Tough guys to replace when you consider their overall contributions to the franchise.

I'd rather flip a 5th for Kendricks.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Malik McDowell got invited to the draft which usually means they have a really good shot at going in the 1st, so I think he's a darkhorse. Miller said scouts are saying Wormley will go higher than expected too.

Davis is so underrated on CP. His 2015 tape when he was healthy is really ****ing good.

McDowell is lazy. Pass. Football is not important to him.

RealSNR

Wow, you can't fucking read. I didn't say Foster was meh. I said "meh" to Foster. The idea of trading up to go get him.

And I even MENTIONED the Ramik fucking Wilson in my last goddamn post. Christ, you suck.

There are a ton of 3-down LBs in this draft. We don't need to blow the fuck up to get one, especially not trading up that far in the draft for one. I don't care if he shoots cinnamon buns out his goddamn urethra for all the Arrowhead fans.

DJ's left nut

And so we continue to go 1 and done in the playoffs.

I'm not going to shit all over every thread with "it doesn't matter with Alex under center" but I will say that ANY trade up that doesn't replace Alex Smith is absolutely asinine. It costs us assets that could be used to replace Smith next year while in the process doing nothing to raise the ceiling of this team past the playoff fodder it presently is.

Alex Smith will never be anything more than the bit player in a better quarterback's story. He's the guy that champions beat to become champions - he's not a guy that ever does the winning.

Trading up to draft Foster would be as stupid at taking Tyson Jackson at 3. Okay, nothing's that stupid. But it would be stupid. This team doesn't win a championship with Reuben Foster in the middle and Alex Smith or Nate Peterman under center.

Some day it might win a championship with Jarrad Davis in the middle and Pat Mahomes under center.

Chief Northman
I'd rather flip a 5th for Kendricks.

I'd rather sign Hodges.... :D

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 09:48 AM
I didn't say Foster was meh. I said "meh" to Foster. The idea of trading up to go get him.

The last LB we find who can be a 3-down player should be our pick. We've got a better run-stuffer at NT now, but that doesn't mean we should spend all that draft stock on trying to find Luke Kuechly.

Eh, theres maybe 3 of those in this draft.

The class isn't as deep as you think it is. Beyond the first 2/3, the guys with the speed lack the size. The guys with the size lack the speed and/or instincts. The rare person that comes close on both has injury questions.

It's a pretty bad ILB class, IMO.

RunKC
04-14-2017, 09:55 AM

Davis is so underrated on CP. His 2015 tape when he was healthy is really ****ing good.

I highly doubt Dorsey will reach for an ILB, nor should he with the incredible talent available.

Just think of what one of these CB's will allow us to do. We can stack the box more to defend the run and we can blitz more with reliable coverage.

It's a win-win and would affect the game in a huge way.

I'm down for taking an ILB, but I'm not so sure Dorsey will with Houston/Ford solidifying the starting spots.

staylor26
04-14-2017, 09:57 AM
McDowell is lazy. Pass. Football is not important to him.

"Chris Jones is lazy"

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 10:03 AM
And so we continue to go 1 and done in the playoffs.

I'm not going to shit all over every thread with "it doesn't matter with Alex under center" but I will say that ANY trade up that doesn't replace Alex Smith is absolutely asinine. It costs us assets that could be used to replace Smith next year while in the process doing nothing to raise the ceiling of this team past the playoff fodder it presently is.

Alex Smith will never be anything more than the bit player in a better quarterback's story. He's the guy that champions beat to become champions - he's not a guy that ever does the winning.

Trading up to draft Foster would be as stupid at taking Tyson Jackson at 3. Okay, nothing's that stupid. But it would be stupid. This team doesn't win a championship with Reuben Foster in the middle and Alex Smith or Nate Peterman under center.

Some day it might win a championship with Jarrad Davis in the middle and Pat Mahomes under center.

And Mahomes nor any qb drafted this year will play in 2017 or at least should not. A modest trade-up I could see, but not a 12-15 position jump which may be what it takes to get their guy (Mahomes/Watson being the buzz). This Chiefs team has more holes than many are willing to admit. The defense has question marks at pass-rusher with Hali virtually out the door, Ford an enigma, and Houston a band-aid. DJ likely never returns to form and the ILB core behind him are young and limited. #2 corner is up for grabs. Maclin needs to be more productive and is slowing down with each passing season. Ware wore down as the season went along. The O-line and TE positions need depth added.

I want Alex replaced as bad as the next guy. If it costs us a first, second and third round pick to get in range to get one of these qbs though? - **** that. Too many needs. Our division rivals are on the upswing. Mortgaging 3 potential starters at other positions for a "maybe" qb prospect is stupid business. Moving up to the 20-22 spot is doable if your guy is on the board. Anything from 10-15 will cost a fortune. If Mahomes is the guy, the Chiefs have to pray he is still on the board by pick 20 or so.

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 10:17 AM
And Mahomes nor any qb drafted this year will play in 2017 or at least should not. A modest trade-up I could see, but not a 12-15 position jump which may be what it takes to get their guy (Mahomes/Watson being the buzz). This Chiefs team has more holes than many are willing to admit. The defense has question marks at pass-rusher with Hali virtually out the door, Ford an enigma, and Houston a band-aid. DJ likely never returns to form and the ILB core behind him are young and limited. #2 corner is up for grabs. Maclin needs to be more productive and is slowing down with each passing season. Ware wore down as the season went along. The O-line and TE positions need depth added.

I want Alex replaced as bad as the next guy. If it costs us a first, second and third round pick to get in range to get one of these qbs though? - **** that. Too many needs. Our division rivals are on the upswing. Mortgaging 3 potential starters at other positions for a "maybe" qb prospect is stupid business. Moving up to the 20-22 spot is doable if your guy is on the board. Anything from 10-15 will cost a fortune. If Mahomes is the guy, the Chiefs have to pray he is still on the board by pick 20 or so.

Then you don't really want Smith replaced, especially not if you're willing to give up that same 1st, 2nd and 3rd on Foster.

When Alex Smith is replaced it will either be with some identical, supremely limited quarterback like Peterman or it will come at a MASSIVE cost. And no, the 2018 quarterback crop isn't any more likely to be outstanding than this one is - better at the top (where we can't get) and just as 'eh' through the middle. Meanwhile, we'll no longer have the luxury of grooming a guy for a year - after this season with Smith under center, it will be obvious that he must be replaced immediately, I'm certain of that.

I'm writing off '17 - we're not winning anything with Smith. So trying to continue to prop him up is an exercise in futility. Give him Foster and we'll still lose to first top 10 QB he faces in the post-season.

The time to strike at QB is now and if it costs you a 1st, 3rd and 2018 2nd, so be it. That's going to be the cost anyway be it this season or next. That, or you just watch some other scrub go out there and dink and dunk his way to very little of consequence.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Wow, you can't ****ing read. I didn't say Foster was meh. I said "meh" to Foster. The idea of trading up to go get him.

And I even MENTIONED the Ramik ****ing Wilson in my last goddamn post. Christ, you suck.

There are a ton of 3-down LBs in this draft. We don't need to blow the **** up to get one, especially not trading up that far in the draft for one. I don't care if he shoots cinnamon buns out his goddamn urethra for all the Arrowhead fans.

Settle down. I know you don't perceive Foster as a "meh" player. My point is that any front office personnel worth their salt likely perceives Foster as a top-five talent in this draft. If he falls for some reason into the mid teens, you have to really consider moving to get him considering his talent and that he fills a huge position of need. My comments regarding Wilson and the comparisons to the other linebackers in this class is that in my estimation this class is not strong nor special. If the Chiefs are going to address the inside linebacker position seriously in this draft it will happen within the first two rounds or they will sign a free agent or trade for a guy.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Then you don't really want Smith replaced, especially not if you're willing to give up that same 1st, 2nd and 3rd on Foster.

When Alex Smith is replaced it will either be with some identical, supremely limited quarterback like Peterman or it will come at a MASSIVE cost. And no, the 2018 quarterback crop isn't any more likely to be outstanding than this one is - better at the top (where we can't get) and just as 'eh' through the middle. Meanwhile, we'll no longer have the luxury of grooming a guy for a year - after this season with Smith under center, it will be obvious that he must be replaced immediately, I'm certain of that.

I'm writing of '17 - we're not winning anything with Smith. So trying to continue to prop him up is an exercise in futility. Give him Foster and we'll still lose to first top 10 QB he faces in the post-season.

The time to strike at QB is now and if it costs you a 1st, 3rd and 2018 2nd, so be it. That's going to be the cost anyway be it this season or next. That, or you just watch some other scrub go out there and dink and dunk his way to very little of consequence.

When did I suggest to give up that haul for Foster? If the potential second coming of Ray Lewis is available in the mid to late teens you go get that given the positional need and elite talent of the player.

I am prognosticating that in order to get a Patrick Mahomes, and to ensure that you get him, the Chiefs need to move up between the 10 to 15 pick range which will cost a lot. I rather spend draft capital on a sure thing instead of a project. If said project slides into a range where we're giving up number 27 and maybe one other pick then yeah I'm on board.

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 10:52 AM
When did I suggest to give up that haul for Foster? If the potential second coming of Ray Lewis is available in the mid to late teens you go get that given the positional need and elite talent of the player.

I am prognosticating that in order to get a Patrick Mahomes, and to ensure that you get him, the Chiefs need to move up between the 10 to 15 pick range which will cost a lot. I rather spend draft capital on a sure thing instead of a project. If said project slides into a range where we're giving up number 27 and maybe one other pick then yeah I'm on board.

Your hypothetical was in response to a trade up to get to to 14; that's what that trade would cost.

So that's exactly what you suggested we do.

And I reiterate, if all you're willing to give up to acquire Smith's replacement is something like an extra 3rd rounder (i.e. roughly the cost it takes to get to 22), then no, you can't say "I want Smith gone as much as the next guy" because you clearly don't. That's a "eh, if it's cheap, why not?"

So you're in the middle; someone that thinks Smith can win a championship if surrounded by enough talent but who we could start looking for a replacement for if it came at a nominal cost.

The situation is far more dire than that, IMO.

The Franchise
04-14-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm perfectly fine with giving up #27, our 3rd round comp pick and a 2nd next year for the QB that they want.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 10:53 AM
"Chris Jones is lazy"

I remember reading the odd scout report saying that. The bigger red flag with McDowell is that not only do you hear it in public circles, but you literally see it point blank in his tape. It was much harder to detect with Jones in college.

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm perfectly fine with giving up #27, our 3rd round comp pick and a 2nd next year for the QB that they want.

I've talked myself into it.

If it were the 1st and a comp 3rd, it's a no-brainer. Throwing in the 2nd next year stings a bit but it puts us so far ahead of where we'd be if we waited until next season (or took the next best option) that it's worth the capital.

Meanwhile, we still hold onto our 2nd this year to find the ILB we need and our original 3rd to get depth on the DL or edge. I don't see a lot of pass-catching talent out wide in the middle rounds but there are some intriguing TE options that we could target in the 3rd or 4th as well if we went that route.

We don't feel the real sting in that trade until 2018 but if it gets us to our QB a year earlier, you do it and you don't think twice. If Ballard offered that deal to move up to 14, I'd probably take it.

I'd regret it because ultimately I think the Cardinals stuff is a smokescreen and it's unlikely that anyone actually takes Mahomes before 22, but fuck me I'd hate to be wrong. I really like that guy.

The Franchise
04-14-2017, 11:01 AM

If it were the 1st and a comp 3rd, it's a no-brainer. Throwing in the 2nd next year stings a bit but it puts us so far ahead of where we'd be if we waited until next season (or took the next best option) that it's worth the capital.

Meanwhile, we still hold onto our 2nd this year to find the ILB we need and our original 3rd to get depth on the DL or edge. I don't see a lot of pass-catching talent out wide in the middle rounds but there are some intriguing TE options that we could target in the 3rd or 4th as well if we went that route.

We don't feel the real sting in that trade until 2018 but if it gets us to our QB a year earlier, you do it and you don't think twice. If Ballard offered that deal to move up to 14, I'd probably take it.

I'd regret it because ultimately I think the Cardinals stuff is a smokescreen and it's unlikely that anyone actually takes Mahomes before 22, but fuck me I'd hate to be wrong. I really like that guy.

I'd rather bite the bullet and trade up instead of just sitting on our fucking hands like we always do. I'm sure we'll just sit there at 27 and watch one of them fall into the 20s.....and then they'll announce a trade has happened. And it will end up being some other team jumping us to pick him.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2017, 11:01 AM
You can't trade comp picks.

Trading up for ANY of these quarterbacks is a terrible idea.

It's literally like trading up for Geno Smith. THE FUCK?

The Franchise
04-14-2017, 11:02 AM

Yes, you can. Try to be smarter next time.

staylor26
04-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Yes, you can. Try to be smarter next time.

Clay is saying a lot of stupid shit lately. Even more than usual.

LMAO

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 11:03 AM

Try being right before being indignant next time, m'kay?

The Franchise
04-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Geno hurt Clay and Clay isn't over it yet. That's all this is.

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 11:04 AM
I'd rather bite the bullet and trade up instead of just sitting on our fucking hands like we always do. I'm sure we'll just sit there at 27 and watch one of them fall into the 20s.....and then they'll announce a trade has happened. And it will end up being some other team jumping us to pick him.

Well the good news is at that point we'd trade back, get a whopping 4th rounder for our troubles and lose a year of cost control.

But hey, can't overstate the value of 4th round picks when you're cutting 3rd rounders before camp is over...

staylor26
04-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Geno hurt Clay and Clay isn't over it yet. That's all this is.

He's a coward that's scared to be wrong again

DJ's left nut
04-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Clay Hunt.

staylor26
04-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Clay Hunt.

ROFL Yup, the irony

RealSNR
04-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Your hypothetical was in response to a trade up to get to to 14; that's what that trade would cost.

So that's exactly what you suggested we do.

And I reiterate, if all you're willing to give up to acquire Smith's replacement is something like an extra 3rd rounder (i.e. roughly the cost it takes to get to 22), then no, you can't say "I want Smith gone as much as the next guy" because you clearly don't. That's a "eh, if it's cheap, why not?"

So you're in the middle; someone that thinks Smith can win a championship if surrounded by enough talent but who we could start looking for a replacement for if it came at a nominal cost.

The situation is far more dire than that, IMO.

I look at it like this. Alex Smith is a better QB than Super Bowl Trent Dilfer. That's not supposed to be a compliment to Alex Smith, but let's use it as a baseline for what is possible in order to win a Super Bowl. The answer to the question, "Can Alex Smith win a Super Bowl," to me would be, "Only if he has something very close to the 2000 Ravens defense."

How close is KC to becoming as dominant as the 2000 Ravens defense? What would it take? Is that easier than drafting and developing a QB who is significantly better than Alex?

I don't think we'd need to change our defensive coaching staff all that much. Sutton plans and designs his schemes pretty well to the talent he has on the field. If the pass rush is ineffective, he's very good at designing protection coverages that prevent the other team from reaching the end zone. They'll give up a lot of yards, but that's the balance you have to strike if you don't have the horses up front.

Berry is fine. Chris Jones is (probably) fine. Houston (knock on wood) will be fine. And the options at the other DE spot, while numerous and deep, probably aren't as dominant as what the Ravens had, but it's hardy going to prevent us from being great.

And sad to say, for the rest of the positions, we're either counting on getting hugely lucky in the draft or hugely lucky from a player development side. Marcus Peters is great... I loves me some Marcus Peters, if that hasn't been made evident ever since a few months before we drafted him. But he's got to be a lot more well-rounded. A big risk-big play guy like him would need to improve the times he chooses to take those big risks.

We'd be counting on getting hugely lucky on the Bennie Logan signing. We'd need him to unprecedentedly blossom into something much better than he was.

We'd need to strike gold at CB. Nelson would have to be a much better nickel guy, even though he's not exactly terrible right now. Terrance Mitchell/rookie would have to be turn into a top 20 starting CB. Ron Parker would have to turn back into 2014 Ron Parker. And of course, DJ would either have to find the fountain of youth, Ramik Wilson would have to turn into an animal, or we'd have to draft an animal.

Soooo... yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's not likely to happen. We should probably hope we get lucky on drafting a QB instead of hoping for getting lucky at like 7 or 8 different things.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 11:13 AM

I'd regret it because ultimately I think the Cardinals stuff is a smokescreen and it's unlikely that anyone actually takes Mahomes before 22, but **** me I'd hate to be wrong. I really like that guy.

Your last paragraph sums it up for me, and this is my conundrum. For me personally it is either Mahomes or Watson for KC as qbotf. I liked Kizer, but the recent reports of his immaturity have scared me off.

I know I proposed the move up to get to Indy's pick for Mahomes. This was before the scenario was proposed about Foster still being on the board. If Foster is still on the board at that point however, do you take pause and re-evaluate? It is not often you have top five talent available to you in the mid to late teens at a position of need that you can manoeuvre for given our draft position.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2017, 11:15 AM

If that were the case I wouldn't be gung ho about next year's QB class.

RealSNR
04-14-2017, 11:15 AM
I love Clay, and if the Chiefs draft a QB, I look forward to the day when comes back to me and starts sucking on our shiny new QB schlong.

But he's wrong right now. I don't want to give him the Simply Red treatment, but I'm running out of options. I just want Clay to love me again, that's all.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2017, 11:18 AM
You guys literally are just jumping on the first QB that's available as soon as you gave up on Alex. That's all this is.

You're impatient, desperate children throwing a tantrum over middling QB prospects.

You want instant sexual patrickification, and it's a little embarrassing, frankly.

Chief Northman
04-14-2017, 11:20 AM
You guys literally are just jumping on the first QB that's available as soon as you gave up on Alex. That's all this is.

You're impatient, desperate children throwing a tantrum over middling QB prospects.

You want instant sexual patrickification, and it's a little embarrassing, frankly.

Heh.