PDA

View Full Version : Wisc. RB - Dare Ogunbowale

Dante84
04-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Thanks to Crow for putting me onto him.

This kid's game against Nebraska was bad ass. He's got a great combo of speed and patience, and has a really nice power-step cut to take the ball down field.

I really like him as a mid-rounder.

Dante84
04-14-2017, 09:04 AM
This is the game I was talking about.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i0pkFGnimyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
04-14-2017, 09:08 AM
From his Jr. year:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-fXJoRnt9Ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow
04-14-2017, 09:15 AM
His Jr year he'll have a bit more tape because Clement was injured so he carried the load. Kid runs smooth like Jamaal, but not as fast. Changes directions easily. Really good receiving back. He's a guy you take later on as a 3rd down back in a committee system. I think he can be a solid player in the league.

Titty Meat
04-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Nebraskas defense was dog shit not the best to go off of but yea hes a decent RB I kinda liked Clement more.

RealSNR
04-14-2017, 11:38 AM
He's not really an Andy Reid-type back. If you only give him 10-15 touches a game, he's not going to be that productive.

It can be argued that James White is the most productive back to come out of Wisconsin in a long time, and it's because he does a lot of things really well, including just being a talented ballcarrier. Ogunbowale isn't quite as versatile as Clement, and as a RB he shows some nice stuff, but a lot of the big plays you see him create are because his OL gives him holes that a sumo wrestler could run through.

That's always been the issue with Wisconsin RBs is you never get a chance to see what their productivity will be like when blocking is not as generous in the pros, even behind pretty good OLs.

Yes, Melvin Gordon had a lot of speed and pretty good vision. He's kind of making it work okay because (when healthy, at least) he's good in the passing game and has improved a lot as a blocker. Montee Ball was a much bigger workhorse than Gordon in college, but look how his NFL career ended up.

We'll see. He could have a nice career for a team, but I don't think Andy Reid is going to look at Ogunbowale's body of work and see the versatility he wants out of his RBs.

Dante84
04-14-2017, 12:39 PM
He's not really an Andy Reid-type back. If you only give him 10-15 touches a game, he's not going to be that productive.

It can be argued that James White is the most productive back to come out of Wisconsin in a long time, and it's because he does a lot of things really well, including just being a talented ballcarrier. Ogunbowale isn't quite as versatile as Clement, and as a RB he shows some nice stuff, but a lot of the big plays you see him create are because his OL gives him holes that a sumo wrestler could run through.

That's always been the issue with Wisconsin RBs is you never get a chance to see what their productivity will be like when blocking is not as generous in the pros, even behind pretty good OLs.

Yes, Melvin Gordon had a lot of speed and pretty good vision. He's kind of making it work okay because (when healthy, at least) he's good in the passing game and has improved a lot as a blocker. Montee Ball was a much bigger workhorse than Gordon in college, but look how his NFL career ended up.

We'll see. He could have a nice career for a team, but I don't think Andy Reid is going to look at Ogunbowale's body of work and see the versatility he wants out of his RBs.

True, but Montee Ball is a self-proclaimed alcoholic and the sauce is what caused him to fall apart.

kccrow
04-14-2017, 01:39 PM

That wasn't really true, especially in 2015. Their line was really young and kinda sucked ass. It was still quite young this year, with the only real improvement being the addition of Ramzcyk