PDA

View Full Version : Life Shoe fitters in Wichita?

Buehler445
04-14-2017, 11:19 PM
I've read about a couple places in KC that do professional fitting for running shoes. I will be leaving the great abyss of Western Kansas for Wichita this weekend and was hoping to get a professional fit on some running shoes.

I have pretty bad plantar fasciitis and shit splints and would like to do what I can to mechanically help that out.

Are there any places in Wichita that do that?

Mephistopheles Janx
04-14-2017, 11:22 PM
cursory google search turned up:

http://www.thevillageatgreenwich.com/locations/go-run.html

Buehler445
04-14-2017, 11:37 PM
I also found foot solutions via google but I was hoping for some feedback from people that had visited the stores. It's easy to type the words in a webpage. It is harder to find someone to sell shoes that actually knows anything about mitigating injuries from running.

threebag
04-14-2017, 11:50 PM
enjoy Wichita

carlos3652
04-15-2017, 06:35 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307109

I hear she's really good with a knife...

Al Bundy
04-15-2017, 06:57 AM
I also found foot solutions via google but I was hoping for some feedback from people that had visited the stores. It's easy to type the words in a webpage. It is harder to find someone to sell shoes that actually knows anything about mitigating injuries from running.

If you were coming to Kansas City, I would recommend Gary Gribble running sports.

Buehler445
04-15-2017, 07:01 AM
If you were coming to Kansas City, I would recommend Gary Gribble running sports.

That's the place I remember people raving about.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-15-2017, 07:42 AM

Topeka has one too

displacedinMN
04-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Plantar Faciitits sucks.
Do you have a stretching routine? don't forget to ice.
Mine got so bad one time I had to do PT.

Al Bundy
04-15-2017, 07:59 AM
That's the place I remember people raving about.

They have helped more than a couple friends of mine.

KS Smitty
04-15-2017, 08:14 AM
I have nothing to add except I hate shit splints.

Zebedee DuBois
04-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Try First Gear Running Company, 111 N Mosley.

I've heard good things about them. I wouldn't know myself, as I am a fat lazy non athlete.

LoneWolf
04-15-2017, 09:53 AM
Fleet Feet Sports on north maize rd. I just had a fitting there last weekend. I had been having pain when I run ever since I broke my ankle this winter. It's only been a week, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Buehler445
04-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Plantar Faciitits sucks.
Do you have a stretching routine? don't forget to ice.
Mine got so bad one time I had to do PT.

I've done some stretching that hasn't helped much.

I probably should go to PT but I talked to a therapist while I was getting therapy on something else and she didn't help a whole lot.

What stretches do you do?

Buehler445
04-15-2017, 11:43 AM
I have nothing to add except I hate shit splints.

Affirmative.

Buehler445
04-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Try First Gear Running Company, 111 N Mosley.

I've heard good things about them. I wouldn't know myself, as I am a fat lazy non athlete.

Fleet Feet Sports on north maize rd. I just had a fitting there last weekend. I had been having pain when I run ever since I broke my ankle this winter. It's only been a week, but I'm happy with the results so far.

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Nirvana58
04-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Try the store go run. They have you run on a treadmill and check your running style then fit you for a shoe. I have one pair from there that I really liked.

displacedinMN
04-15-2017, 07:45 PM
when I had it-

walk 5-10 minute warm up
typical calf stretches against the wall to stretch the calf, foot and hamstring
Sit on chair/couch Curl toes one foot at a time. hold for 10 seconds
Sit on floor-legs out. Use a belt or a strap. wrap around the big toe and pull gently. Hold for 10 seconds at a time.

Then Ice. Freeze water in a styrofoam cup. Tear the bottom of the cup off and rub on bottom of foot/heel until it is numb. Do with both feet. Take ibuprofin as needed.

It helped along with the personalized inserts and PT. Nothing takes the place of good foot health.
Foot pain sucks.

Buehler445
04-15-2017, 07:49 PM
when I had it-

walk 5-10 minute warm up
typical calf stretches against the wall to stretch the calf, foot and hamstring
Sit on chair/couch Curl toes one foot at a time. hold for 10 seconds
Sit on floor-legs out. Use a belt or a strap. wrap around the big toe and pull gently. Hold for 10 seconds at a time.

Then Ice. Freeze water in a styrofoam cup. Tear the bottom of the cup off and rub on bottom of foot/heel until it is numb. Do with both feet. Take ibuprofin as needed.

It helped along with the personalized inserts and PT. Nothing takes the place of good foot health.
Foot pain sucks.

Thanks. I'll run that into my stretching. Appreciate it. Fuck bad feet