PDA

View Full Version : DeShone Kizer: I have Tom Brady’s brain in Cam Newton’s body

Quesadilla Joe
04-20-2017, 02:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/deshone-kizer-i-have-tom-bradys-brain-in-cam-newtons-body/

Former Notre Dame quarterback DeShone Kizer is certainly not lacking for confidence.

Kizer told Tom Pelissero of USA Today that he believes he has a combination of Tom Brady’s brain and Cam Newton’s body and can put that together into one package that can be the best quarterback in NFL history.

“Name a college quarterback who goes into the game-plan meetings on Monday and throws his notes at the coaches,” Kizer said. “No one else game plans the way I do. No one else prepares the way I do. No one else knows football the way I do. No one else is as big as I am. No one else is as powerful a runner as I am. Pat Mahomes might throw the ball 80 yards and I can only throw the ball 72, but I guarantee he can’t throw an out route the way I can. No one else can do what I can do. And I’ve truly figured out in this process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game – this is bold – I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

Whether Kizer actually has the same mind for football as Brady would be difficult to measure, but he doesn’t have Newton’s body: Kizer is shorter than Newton, lighter than Newton and did worse than Newton on every test of speed and agility at the Scouting Combine.

NFL teams like players with confidence, but Kizer’s confidence may come across as arrogance to some NFL teams. If there’s a case of a player taking his confidence too far, this may be it.

ROFL At least he's confident.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2017, 02:47 PM
He ran a 4.83 LMAO

Titty Meat
04-20-2017, 03:15 PM
It is 4/20

kccrow
04-20-2017, 03:56 PM
He's right, Pat Mahomes can't throw an out route like he can. Kizer misses every single fucking one by 3 yards and Mahomes is money.

Sounds more like he has Ryan Leaf's brain. 50 year old hookers in the red light district run faster than he does... Cam Newton... JFC.

Dante84
04-20-2017, 04:10 PM
Kid is a dipshit

Mr. Laz
04-20-2017, 04:26 PM
He has neither.

CleveSteve
04-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Draft this beast.

LoneWolf
04-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Kizer is going to be the best QB to come out of the 2017 draft.

Bowser
04-20-2017, 05:39 PM

:homer:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-20-2017, 06:55 PM
An African American QB from Notre Dame?

Oh yeah; he's goin' to The Hall!

Chief Northman
04-20-2017, 07:53 PM
"Look at me! Look at me!"

I was wanting to like this petulant child, but this takes the cake. You compare yourself to the GOAT, another MVP qb, yet you have yet to take a snap. On top of that, you try to make yourself look better than another prospect through a totally unsubstantiated claim (Mahomes).

What a fucking head case. Pass.

RunKC
04-20-2017, 08:54 PM
It was said that this kid was pouty. I can see that all over his quote. I can't back this dude anymore. He's a complete nut job.

Good grief

RealSNR
04-20-2017, 09:02 PM
This is the 2nd most laughable thing to be said by a Notre Dame player in front of the media in the past 5 years.

The worst was when Manti Te'o said, "I love my dead girlfriend."

Pasta Little Brioni
04-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Will be fun dubbing him a turd in a few years

LoneWolf
04-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Kid is a dipshit

An African American QB from Notre Dame?

Oh yeah; he's goin' to The Hall!

It was said that this kid was pouty. I can see that all over his quote. I can't back this dude anymore. He's a complete nut job.

Good grief

This is the 2nd most laughable thing to be said by a Notre Dame player in front of the media in the past 5 years.

The worst was when Manti Te'o said, "I love my dead girlfriend."

Will be fun dubbing him a turd in a few years

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder526/500x/38532526.jpg

Buehler445
04-20-2017, 10:50 PM
50 year old hookers in the red light district. ROFL

Well done Crow. Well done.

LoneWolf
04-20-2017, 11:09 PM
50 year old hookers in the red light district. ROFL

Well done Crow. Well done.

Them bitches are fast.

The Franchise
04-20-2017, 11:10 PM

Boom

OldSchool
04-21-2017, 12:55 AM
ROFL

So good he couldn't do shit for Notre Dame.

LoneWolf
04-21-2017, 01:34 AM
ROFL

So good he couldn't do shit for Notre Dame.

How many National Championships do Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlesburger, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, and Phillip Rivers have combined? For that matter, how many do Trubisky, Mahomes, and Webb have?

staylor26
04-21-2017, 07:52 AM
I don't see the big deal. The guys HC won't even give him a vote of confidence so he has to do it himself.

raybec 4
04-21-2017, 08:49 AM
I don't see the big deal. The guys HC won't even give him a vote of confidence so he has to do it himself.

I really don't either. He has to try and sell himself somehow because he couldn't stay on the field last year to show how great he is.

SAGA45
04-21-2017, 08:54 AM
How many National Championships do Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlesburger, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, and Phillip Rivers have combined? For that matter, how many do Trubisky, Mahomes, and Webb have?

And to seal it....how many does AJ McCarron have?

wazu
04-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Eh, I like the confidence/ambition.

SAGA45
04-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Good interview with Kizer here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802011/article/deshone-kizer-losing-season-with-nd-my-biggest-advantage

Follow link for video. Im impressed with how he handled those questions regarding his statements on Brady and Cam, as well as how he explained losing is an advantage for him.

raybec 4
04-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Good interview with Kizer here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802011/article/deshone-kizer-losing-season-with-nd-my-biggest-advantage

Follow link for video. Im impressed with how he handled those questions regarding his statements on Brady and Cam, as well as how he explained losing is an advantage for him.

So does that mean you're off the Cooper Rush hype train?

OldSchool
04-24-2017, 11:11 AM

So now you're saying that Kizer is the next HOF caliber QB? jfc

SAGA45
04-24-2017, 01:54 PM
So does that mean you're off the Cooper Rush hype train?

lol! Nope! Just have a gut feeling the Chiefs draft that dude...either him or Dobbs. I'll let it go when he's on another team.

RealSNR
04-24-2017, 03:06 PM
lol! Nope! Just have a gut feeling the Chiefs draft that dude...either him or Dobbs. I'll let it go when he's on another team.

"Just a gut feeling"

Is it a gut feeling, or are you just taking the shittiest game managery QBs in a given draft class and saying, "Yup. There's Andy Reid's QB! I got a feeling, man!"

What's more is are you going to do this every fucking year? Look at all the QBs with 5th-7th round grades and pick the one with the highest floor to be the QB the Chiefs draft that year?

LoneWolf
04-24-2017, 04:34 PM
So now you're saying that Kizer is the next HOF caliber QB? jfc

How is my calling out your comment of "so good he couldn't do shit for Notre Dame" as the dumbest fucking thing you've posted in awhile in any way me saying that Kizer is a HOF caliber QB? I was simply pointing out that most good/great QBs don't play on college teams that have a lot of success. I could have used a different list of players like Tony Romo, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, and Derek Carr to make my point.

SAGA45
04-24-2017, 04:52 PM
"Just a gut feeling"

Is it a gut feeling, or are you just taking the shittiest game managery QBs in a given draft class and saying, "Yup. There's Andy Reid's QB! I got a feeling, man!"

What's more is are you going to do this every ****ing year? Look at all the QBs with 5th-7th round grades and pick the one with the highest floor to be the QB the Chiefs draft that year?

"Game managery" ROFL ....Not at all. Only this year....and primarily Cooper Rush.

Other than that it's random ....gut feelings the Chiefs will draft a guy and/or he will turn out ok in the league. I get vibes on busts too. Last major one was Dion Jordan.

RealSNR
04-24-2017, 05:28 PM
"Game managery" ROFL ....Not at all. Only this year....and primarily Cooper Rush.

Other than that it's random ....gut feelings the Chiefs will draft a guy and/or he will turn out ok in the league. I get vibes on busts too. Last major one was Dion Jordan.

Did you predict the Chiefs would draft Kevin Hogan last year?

SAGA45
04-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Did you predict the Chiefs would draft Kevin Hogan last year?

Nope. The guy I thought for sure they would grab was Dak Prescott

DRM08
05-02-2017, 08:51 AM
QB Graveyard aka Cleveland Browns. Very appropriate destination for Kizer considering his comments about Brady, Newton, and even Mahomes. I was not impressed with Kizer at the Combine. Missed a ton of easy throws.