PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs raise parking to $60

Titty Meat
04-20-2017, 08:02 PM
http://www.chiefs.com/parking/index.html

If you dont prepay.

Live in Jackson County and buy season tix its only 25.49 a game!

Discuss Thrower
04-20-2017, 08:05 PM

Sassy Squatch
04-20-2017, 08:07 PM
Fuck right off.

LoneWolf
04-20-2017, 08:07 PM
http://www.chiefs.com/parking/index.html

Looks like $30-$35 to me unless you're stupid enough to pay at the gate on game day. Dumb fuck Billay strikes again.

Titty Meat
04-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Looks like $30-$35 to me unless you're stupid enough to pay at the gate on game day. Dumb **** Billay strikes again.

I changed it still a stupid rule you go to a place like Denver where theyve won multiple super bowls and have a nicer stadium and they dont do this. As someome who had to pay for Clarks renovated stadium he can suck my dick.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2017, 08:16 PM
BBQ, murders and 9-7. Chiefs!

Hammock Parties
04-20-2017, 08:17 PM
why pay any money to a franchise that employs game managers?

i haven't since 2013

Mr. Laz
04-20-2017, 08:20 PM
I bet they do draft a QB now.

setting people up LMAO

Red Dawg
04-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Obvious attempt to make traffic go faster and to punish those that don't keep up with the times. You can always park at the church across the street for 20 and walk.

BWillie
04-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Hahah you guys pay to park. What a bunch of suckers. I call that getting tricked by a business.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Would you keep giving money to a grocery store if every time you bought an avocado the manager came to your house and shoved it up your ass before you could make that guacamole dip you've been craving for so long?

They're gonna keep raising the price of avocados and you're going to be so backed up with avocados you're gonna start growing an ass-tree out of your shit fertilizing the seeds.

Stop buying avocados from that grocery store.

Titty Meat
04-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Would you keep giving money to a grocery store if every time you bought an avocado the manager came to your house and shoved it up your ass before you could make that guacamole dip you've been craving for so long?

They're gonna keep raising the price of avocados and you're going to be so backed up with avocados you're gonna start growing an ass-tree out of your shit fertilizing the seeds.

Damn this is gonna be a fun season starting Thursday when thry dont draft a QB. You shall lead the second revolution!

Red Dawg
04-20-2017, 08:35 PM

Huh? They sell avocados at Arrowhead? When did this happen?

Hammock Parties
04-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Damn this is gonna be a fun season starting Thursday when thry dont draft a QB. You shall lead the second revolution!

Nah I'm fine with no QB this year. Because there are none.

The avocados are all expired.

WhawhaWhat
04-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Parking in my driveway is free.

Bugeater
04-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Looks like $30-$35 to me unless you're stupid enough to pay at the gate on game day. Dumb fuck Billay strikes again.
Yeah it looks like that, but when you click on the link there's no single game option. I'm sure there's a service fee on top of that. It's still ridiculous because I don't see how paying in cash slows anything down.

RunKC
04-20-2017, 08:51 PM
why pay any money to a franchise that employs game managers?

i haven't since 2013

Would you change your mind if Chiefs draft a QB next week in the 1st rd?

Hammock Parties
04-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Would you change your mind if Chiefs draft a QB next week in the 1st rd?

absolutely

ClevelandBronco
04-20-2017, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't pay $60 for a ticket.

Chief Pagan
04-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Huh? They sell avocados at Arrowhead? When did this happen?

Just stay away from the quacamole, I've heard what they do with those avocados.

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2017, 10:14 PM
They're REALLY trying to encourage you to catch the game from your couch.

Dayze
04-20-2017, 10:21 PM
$40 parking is to Lena Dunham in a pair of tight fitting Levi's,
As $60 is to Lena Dunham pinning her ankles behind her ears revealing an unkempt bush.

Bring back $20 Diane Lane legs.

Eleazar
04-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Andy Reid, BBQ, 9-7

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

LoneWolf
04-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah it looks like that, but when you click on the link there's no single game option. I'm sure there's a service fee on top of that. It's still ridiculous because I don't see how paying in cash slows anything down.

Read the information a little closer. You can purchase red parking on a single game basis for $35. The only people this will really affect are the people who show up to the game without prepaying for the parking.

LoneWolf
04-20-2017, 10:35 PM
I changed it still a stupid rule you go to a place like Denver where theyve won multiple super bowls and have a nicer stadium and they dont do this. As someome who had to pay for Clarks renovated stadium he can suck my dick.

As someone who has been to a few games at Mile High, I think it is arguable that Denver has a nicer stadium. There is also very limited parking in the lots around the stadium. Many Broncos fans end up parking at the Pepsi Center or other off-site lots and lugging their stupid orange asses all the way to the stadium. Parking at the stadium in Denver costs $30.

CHENZ A!
04-20-2017, 10:40 PM
This is still not an issue unless you attend the game alone, pay with cash, and generally suck at life.

Bugeater
04-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Read the information a little closer. You can purchase red parking on a single game basis for $35. The only people this will really affect are the people who show up to the game without prepaying for the parking.
I did read that. I'm talking about this:

Red Parking can be purchased in advance on a single game basis for $35. To purchase, please click here (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/chiefs/EN/buy/details/17fpk).When you "click here", only the season pass option comes up. I guarantee there's a $5 service charge as well because there was one last year. It is Ticketmaster after all.

I'm just not understanding why they're pushing the prepay so much. What's the difference in handing the guy at the gate a pass or 2 $20 bills? The whole "slowing things down" is bullshit.

Discuss Thrower
04-20-2017, 10:44 PM

When you "click here", only the season pass option comes up. I guarantee there's a $5 service charge as well because there was one last year. It is Ticketmaster after all.

I'm just not understanding why they're pushing the prepay so much. What's the difference in handing the guy at the gate a pass or 2 $20 bills? The whole "slowing things down" is bullshit.

Maybe they know that the amount of per game buyers is significantly larger than season pass buyers and are blaming the former for the parking snafus?

Red Dawg
04-21-2017, 04:01 AM

The way it reads I believe you can buy the pass for single game for 35 but with fees it will be 40. I am calling them today to verify for sure.

BossChief
04-21-2017, 05:38 AM
The county sets the parking prices iirc, not the Chiefs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-21-2017, 05:47 AM
I'm going to remember this page if we go 9-7 and win a SB. Wouldn't be the first team to do it..

Marcellus
04-21-2017, 06:14 AM
The county sets the parking prices iirc, not the Chiefs.

Bingo.

notorious
04-21-2017, 06:54 AM

When you "click here", only the season pass option comes up. I guarantee there's a $5 service charge as well because there was one last year. It is Ticketmaster after all.

If I own the business, I want the cash for obvious reasons........

wazu
04-21-2017, 07:02 AM

There are a lot of people who will bail late and not go because of one reason or another. Chiefs want their parking money anyway.

Titty Meat
04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
This is still not an issue unless you attend the game alone, pay with cash, and generally suck at life.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've had someone offer me tickets last minute. Makes a big difference having to pay $60. Arrowhead will be more empty now.

OmahaChief
04-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Get yourself a nice 80 inch 4K TV and don't bother with the gameday crap at the Stadium. I haven't been since I cancelled my season tickets four years ago and don't plan on coming back until they get their head our of the ass with these prices.

Dayze
04-21-2017, 08:21 AM
$60?...
that's like 2 16oz Beers inside Arrowhead!

T-post Tom
04-21-2017, 08:59 AM
$40 parking is to Lena Dunham in a pair of tight fitting Levi's,
As $60 is to Lena Dunham pinning her ankles behind her ears revealing an unkempt bush.
Bring back $20 Diane Lane legs.

Yep.

http://photos.seriouslyomg.com/i.ashx?&mid=101357383&mt=Photo&standardsize=500x500

Halfcan
04-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Get yourself a nice 80 inch 4K TV and don't bother with the gameday crap at the Stadium. I haven't been since I cancelled my season tickets four years ago and don't plan on coming back until they get their head our of the ass with these prices.

So you are waiting for them to Lower the prices? :hmmm:

Halfcan
04-21-2017, 09:31 AM
$60?...
that's like 5 16oz Beers inside Arrowhead!

FYP

I was at the Playoff game and ordered a couple of Hot Chocolates for me and my son.

I ordered the regular ones, but the guy brings 2 of the fancy cups with lids- "$20.00 please."

Umm no- I am not paying $20.00 for hot water and a spoonful of cocoa- I replied politely.

So he charged me $10.00- but at least I got a cup to keep so I will always remember that AWESOME game.

Bugeater
04-21-2017, 12:13 PM
If I own the business, I want the cash for obvious reasons........
There's that too...which makes it even more puzzling.

There are a lot of people who will bail late and not go because of one reason or another. Chiefs want their parking money anyway.
It's the county, but I suppose that's one line of thought. Also, if people buy them in advance they get their money sooner, and can even collect some interest on it.

Either way, the "speed things up" excuse is 100% bullshit.

DaFace
04-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Either way, the "speed things up" excuse is 100% bullshit.

Having gone to a Rockies game last weekend and being able to use the prepaid parking line, I can assure that it is certainly not 100% bullshit. My line FLEW compared to the lines of people paying with cash or cards. I barely had to slow down for the guy to beep my ticket, then drove on in.

Fish
04-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Having gone to a Rockies game last weekend and being able to use the prepaid parking line, I can assure that it is certainly not 100% bullshit. My line FLEW compared to the lines of people paying with cash or cards. I barely had to slow down for the guy to beep my ticket, then drove on in.

Well the Chiefs don't differentiate the prepaid parking lines from the cash parking lines, other than Gate 5. And they've had all kinds of trouble with that setup at Gate 5, with people ignoring the "Prepaid only" signs, trying to pay with cash, and slowing things down even more for the normal prepaid folks.

If the Chiefs actually did it like the Rockies, that would be great.

sedated
04-21-2017, 02:02 PM
They get you through the gate in a flash only to have you sit in your car for 45 minutes waiting to get into a parking spot.

DaFace
04-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Well the Chiefs don't differentiate the prepaid parking lines from the cash parking lines, other than Gate 5. And they've had all kinds of trouble with that setup at Gate 5, with people ignoring the "Prepaid only" signs, trying to pay with cash, and slowing things down even more for the normal prepaid folks.

If the Chiefs actually did it like the Rockies, that would be great.

Even so, the point still stands that the more people they can get to do prepaid parking, the faster the lines will move.

Fish
04-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Even so, the point still stands that the more people they can get to do prepaid parking, the faster the lines will move.

And I'm telling you from experience, that has not proven true at Arrowhead despite it being their stated intent. Even at the prepaid only gate. There has been no efficiency increase with prepaid parking at Arrowhead. The parking experience has gotten progressively worse since their switch to pushing prepaid general admission parking. In theory it should help. In actuality it clearly hasn't.

InChiefsHeaven
04-21-2017, 03:41 PM
I only go to one game every year, maybe 2. It's a 3 hour trip that starts at 5am for me from Omaha. I have to drive back after the game. SO...I go for the whole experience, tailgate and all. Last year I prepaid, I'll do it again this year. But man...it's just becoming a pain in the ass.

Bowser
04-21-2017, 03:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wPDbFuP.gif

DaFace
04-21-2017, 04:09 PM
And I'm telling you from experience, that has not proven true at Arrowhead despite it being their stated intent. Even at the prepaid only gate. There has been no efficiency increase with prepaid parking at Arrowhead. The parking experience has gotten progressively worse since their switch to pushing prepaid general admission parking. In theory it should help. In actuality it clearly hasn't.

What is it that they're doing at the gate with prepaid tickets that's taking as long as running a credit card?

Discuss Thrower
04-21-2017, 04:12 PM
What is it that they're doing at the gate with prepaid tickets that's taking as long as running a credit card?

That's maybe 40% of the problem.

The rest is the clusterfuck of trying to route cars all around the complex once they're in.

Pablo
04-21-2017, 04:13 PM
What is it that they're doing at the gate with prepaid tickets that's taking as long as running a credit card?They get their clock management straight from Big Red.

DaFace
04-21-2017, 04:19 PM
That's maybe 40% of the problem.

The rest is the clusterfuck of trying to route cars all around the complex once they're in.

Sure, I can buy that. My point is mainly that I have trouble figuring out a reason that the prepaid tickets can possibly be SLOWER than cash/card transactions. I certainly have no trouble believing that parking in general is a clusterfuck and that the prepaid tickets just aren't really able to make much of a difference.

Bugeater
04-21-2017, 04:32 PM
They get their clock management straight from Big Red.LMAO

Boon
04-21-2017, 06:35 PM
It is the 70" Samsung for me. NFL getting to pricey for the workin' man.

04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
This is primarily to push season ticket purchasing. You get a better parking deal if you get season tickets.

I honestly don't see it working. I know single game tickets will definitely take a hit though.

Dayze
04-21-2017, 09:56 PM
I had two chances last ,year for two free regular season tickets for a game each, and I passed. Wasn't even worth the time, effort, or parking fee for me.

I'm probably just getting older but I value my cash and time a lot more these days.