PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Some interesting comments from John Dorseys press conference.

Titty Meat
04-21-2017, 11:09 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/4/21/15386174/chiefs-gm-once-again-says-2017-qb-class-doesnt-have-any-immediate-starters

“I think there’s some talented athletes within this class,” Dorsey said at his pre-draft press conference. “I think they have different skill-sets that vary, some better runners and this and that. Making the transition from college to the professional level is a different animal. Are there any sure-fire starters right off the bat, I personally do not (think so).”

Asked about Dak Prescott, Dorsey said that the Chiefs had him rated at about the spot he went (fourth round) and also admitted that he didn’t see Dak coming along like that but he went to the perfect situation.

Dorsey followed this up to say that there are guys in this draft worth drafting and developing. The Chiefs have had, from what’s been reported, seven quarterbacks in for a visit this year. It seems like they’re looking at quarterback harder this year but Dorsey says that’s not the case.

“It’s perception vs reality from where I sit,” Dorsey said when asked about the Chiefs looking at quarterbacks harder this year. “I attack every position every year the same way regardless of whether it’s a quarterback, punter, linebacker, wide receiver, long snapper. I do my diligence on every one and that’s why we stack those boards at the right positions.”

Fish
04-21-2017, 11:10 AM
List some of the comments, you lazy fuck.

Quesadilla Joe
04-21-2017, 11:11 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2u70k0j.png

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/855462543611047936

Red Dawg
04-21-2017, 11:13 AM
His comments are that the fans are stupid to think I'm taking a QB early. None of them look like starters.

Hammock Parties
04-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Good god if we trade into the top 10 for Mahomes with the class coming out next year I'll blow a gasket.

staylor26
04-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Good god if we trade into the top 10 for Mahomes with the class coming out next year I'll blow a gasket.

And nobody will give a fuck

wazu
04-21-2017, 11:17 AM

Don't worry, they won't. Alex is only 32. He could play for eight more years easy.

Demonpenz
04-21-2017, 11:17 AM
They need to draft a QB this year to justify the increase in ticket prices and parking.

raybec 4
04-21-2017, 11:21 AM

From where I sit, you'll blow a gasket no matter what they do, just to be the contrarian prick that you love to be.

RunKC
04-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Deepest class of CB's Dorsey has seen in 10 years. Damn

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Smokescreen. We're going kicker in rd 1

Hammock Parties
04-21-2017, 12:04 PM
From where I sit, you'll blow a gasket no matter what they do, just to be the contrarian prick that you love to be.

I've never been a contrarian when it comes to the draft.

Halfcan
04-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Hopefully they draft some guys to fix our shitty run defense.

kcchiefsus
04-21-2017, 12:16 PM
We'll be out of reach of the top quarterbacks next year as well. This team is never finding a quarterback in the draft.

Hammock Parties
04-21-2017, 12:21 PM
We'll be out of reach of the top quarterbacks next year as well. This team is never finding a quarterback in the draft.

There will be five or six QBs with a first round grade next year.

We can get a really good one in the high teens.

raybec 4
04-21-2017, 12:50 PM

hyperbole much?

DJ's left nut
04-21-2017, 01:01 PM

Ain't no shit there, man.

This CB class is absurd.

TimeForWasp
04-21-2017, 03:04 PM
No reason not to get a QB this year and next year.

kcchiefsus
04-21-2017, 03:14 PM
There will be five or six QBs with a first round grade next year.

We can get a really good one in the high teens.

At this point last year Watson and Kizer looked like potential top 5-10 picks. You don't know shit.

kcchiefsus
04-21-2017, 03:15 PM
hyperbole much?

We haven't found a single successful quarterback in the draft in around 50 years of existence. Does it sound like hyperbole to suggest this franchise is complete shit and won't find one anytime soon?

kcchiefsus
04-21-2017, 03:16 PM
No reason not to get a QB this year and next year.

It's just too risky. Wait until next year (and the year after that, and then the year after that, and so on...).

KChiefs1
04-21-2017, 04:20 PM

So they won't draft a CB in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackHelicopters
04-21-2017, 04:56 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/4/21/15386174/chiefs-gm-once-again-says-2017-qb-class-doesnt-have-any-immediate-starters

“I think there’s some talented athletes within this class,” Dorsey said at his pre-draft press conference. “I think they have different skill-sets that vary, some better runners and this and that. Making the transition from college to the professional level is a different animal. Are there any sure-fire starters right off the bat, I personally do not (think so).”

Asked about Dak Prescott, Dorsey said that the Chiefs had him rated at about the spot he went (fourth round) and also admitted that he didn’t see Dak coming along like that but he went to the perfect situation.

Dorsey followed this up to say that there are guys in this draft worth drafting and developing. The Chiefs have had, from what’s been reported, seven quarterbacks in for a visit this year. It seems like they’re looking at quarterback harder this year but Dorsey says that’s not the case.

“It’s perception vs reality from where I sit,” Dorsey said when asked about the Chiefs looking at quarterbacks harder this year. “I attack every position every year the same way regardless of whether it’s a quarterback, punter, linebacker, wide receiver, long snapper. I do my diligence on every one and that’s why we stack those boards at the right positions.”

Rivals worst posters on sight.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Last year, there were 2 to 3 expected Top 5 QBs out of THIS class. NEXT year means jack shit.

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Mahommes will be the pick he fits Dorsey's criteria for a 1st round prospect that involves metrics and production.

Chief Northman
04-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Mahommes will be the pick he fits Dorsey's criteria for a 1st round prospect that involves metrics and production.

Going to take a huge trade up to get him.

OldSchool
04-21-2017, 07:45 PM
And nobody will give a ****

Because you're a bunch of idiots who are sold on Mahomes just like you were sold on Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, etc. ROFL

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Going to take a huge trade up to get him.

He could very well slip like other QB's who were considered 1st round picks like Bridgewater,Carr,Clausen, and Geno Smith for various reasons.

GloryDayz
04-21-2017, 08:36 PM
They need to draft a QB this year to justify the increase in ticket prices and parking.

That would be a first.

RealSNR
04-21-2017, 09:28 PM
I made the mistake of reading the Arrowhead Pride comments.

Good Christ. It's a fucking community of almost nothing but Tiger Uppercuts and Sandys.

I can almost guarantee you
They are not taking a QB with the first three picks, ain’t gonna happen, not with our Defensive and O-Line needs as someone else was posting here recently. Mahomes and all the other guys are not all that. No reason to waste picks on athletic guys that cannot adapt to the NFL, theyre not smart enough

You can assume that other teams’ fans judge KC that way; you can assume that the only thing that matters to other teams’ fans is winning a championship; and you can assume that every Chiefs fan is as unhappy as you are, but you’d only be ass-u-ming. I can safely believe that many Chiefs fans are happy right now. Like myself, they are happy and hopeful. Compare the Chiefs’ success to the successes in your own life. Are you a millionaire? Are you very wealthy? Are you living comfortably? Or, are you just getting by? Now… do you consider yourself a failure?

I think even if we drafted Mahomes this year
(or whoever your favorite qb is in this draft) we still re-sign AS11 at the end of his contract provided he doesnt start taking major drop in performance which i dont see happening (major anyways). 1 superbowl followed by 15 years of mediocrity and shittiness doesnt sound appealing to me. not saying the colts or ravens are doomed to that bad of a fate but they havent really contended since then either. i disagree about best supporting offense though. i think 25 was way more valuable to our offense than we think. but for sure our WR corp is better.

RunKC
04-21-2017, 09:37 PM
The Chiefs signing CJ Spiller, Gavin Escobar, Bennie Logan, Jarvis Jenkins and looking to bring back Kendall Reyes is very interesting. The Chiefs are set at TE, RB and DL.

Looking at the roster, there isn't 10 spots for them to fit. Theres 5-6 ideallly. Backup OLB, backup QB and starting ILB are only major pressing needs I see.

Idk if this will happen in rd 1 or 2, but we're moving up for somebody.

LoneWolf
04-21-2017, 09:41 PM
The Chiefs signing CJ Spiller, Gavin Escobar, Bennie Logan, Jarvis Jenkins and looking to bring back Kendall Reyes is very interesting. The Chiefs are set at TE, RB and DL.

Looking at the roster, there isn't 10 spots for them to fit. Theres 5-6 ideallly. Backup OLB, backup QB and starting ILB are only major pressing needs I see.

KC is far from set at RB. CJ Spiller does basically nothing to bolster that position. He will have to have an impressive camp to even make the roster.

RealSNR
04-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Are the Chiefs really thinking their starting RB is going to come from this draft?

Maybe eventually, but I find it highly unlikely we're going to spend a high pick on a RB when we've been content with Knile Davis, Charcandrick West, and Spencer Ware to back up aging gimpy Jamaal Charles all these years.

That points to Andy being content with those guys, and the RB we draft will certainly compete for carries, perhaps even throughout the season, but it's not going to be in the first two rounds.

At least I fucking hope not. I really REALLY fucking hope not.

O.city
04-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Are the Chiefs really thinking their starting RB is going to come from this draft?

Maybe eventually, but I find it highly unlikely we're going to spend a high pick on a RB when we've been content with Knile Davis, Charcandrick West, and Spencer Ware to back up aging gimpy Jamaal Charles all these years.

That points to Andy being content with those guys, and the RB we draft will certainly compete for carries, perhaps even throughout the season, but it's not going to be in the first two rounds.

At least I ****ing hope not. I really REALLY ****ing hope not.

Trade up for McCaffrey

RealSNR
04-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Trade up for McCaffrey

I'm glad to see you've again taken up trolling me as a hobby. You've improved a lot lately.

PHOG
04-21-2017, 10:17 PM
From where I sit, you'll blow a gasket no matter what they do, just to be the contrarian prick that you love to be.\
Hear Hear...:clap:

RunKC
04-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Michael Lombardi

KC currently has 49 of their 16 53 man roster on their team heading into the draft, meanwhile, the Bills have the lowest 34. Avg is 42.6

So much smoke

Chief Northman
04-21-2017, 10:49 PM

So many good players in this draft. Had some time to kill, and had some mock draft fun:

1) #15 - Trade up with IND- cost: #27(1), 2018 2nd round pick, #104(3), #180 (5)
Select Pat Mahomes / QB

2) #59 - Chris Godwin / WR

3) #91 - Tarell Basham / OLB

4) #132 - Rasul Douglas / CB

5) #170 - Blair Brown / ILB

6) #216 - Chad Kelly / QB

6) #218 - Kai Nacua / S

7) #245 - Josh Augusta / NT

* Chiefs sign free agents:
-Gerald Hodges / ILB
-Kendall Reyes / DL
-Andrew Tiller / G

* Still need some Tackle depth, and I know some will clamor for a running back...

notorious
04-22-2017, 08:07 AM
I made the mistake of reading the Arrowhead Pride comments.

Good Christ. It's a ****ing community of almost nothing but Tiger Uppercuts and Sandys.

Sigh.

notorious
04-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Michael Lombardi

KC currently has 49 of their 16 53 man roster on their team heading into the draft, meanwhile, the Bills have the lowest 34. Avg is 42.6

So much smoke

4 spots to fill.

Either they are going to waste a lot of picks, or they are going to use a lot of picks to move up.

Chief Northman
04-22-2017, 08:24 AM
4 spots to fill.

Either they are going to waste a lot of picks, or they are going to use a lot of picks to move up.

They are not going to waste picks.

You can upgrade depth.

Robinson, O'Shaughnessey, March-Lillard, T. Smith, Acker, J. Reid, etc.
- all guys you could replace talent-wise and a lot cheaper in some circumstances.

If there is one thing Dorsey gets, it is that the NFL is a sport of attrition. His depth building is unparalleled.

OldSchool
04-22-2017, 10:50 PM
4 spots to fill.

So dumb. You act like the team has all-pros across the board and can't possibly upgrade anywhere except for 4 positions. :rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
04-23-2017, 02:18 AM
They are not going to waste picks.

You can upgrade depth.

Robinson, O'Shaughnessey, March-Lillard, T. Smith, Acker, J. Reid, etc.
- all guys you could replace talent-wise and a lot cheaper in some circumstances.

If there is one thing Dorsey gets, it is that the NFL is a sport of attrition. His depth building is unparalleled.

The Chiefs are in a situation we're not used to where the talent is good enough that for most draft picks, they have to be excellent to unseat a starter.

Dorsey's been terrific at using scrap pile free agents to fill that depth. The Chiefs are in a spot where they need to use the draft to find free agents they can't afford given their cap. It's easy to upgrade, say, Ron Parker or Spencer Ware with a proven veteran free agent. Not so easy in the draft especially where we're picking.

In free agency, if you're attacking a blue chip free agent, you don't just let a free agent fall to you. If you think a guy can help, you pounce. The Chiefs should take that mentality in the first 2 rounds. Since those 2 picks are a best shot by a mile to bring in a "free agent" who can compete, they need to make that pick count. They shouldn't pass on an opportunity to move up because they were protecting their depth picks. And that especially includes QB, because good luck finding an elite QB via free agency. If we don't solve that, our window closes in 2 years if not sooner.

ILChief
04-23-2017, 05:41 AM
We will draft all defense in the early rounds again

spanky 52
04-23-2017, 06:06 AM
If the Chiefs move up in the first round, it won't be for a QB.

chiefzilla1501
04-23-2017, 08:34 AM
If the Chiefs move up in the first round, it won't be for a QB.

The Chiefs chose not to re-sign Foles and walk into the season with 2 QBs on their depth chart. Alex Smith is 1 year way from his big contract being basically voidable. Alex is 33 and it sounds like his wife is eager for him to retire. Dorsey is a smart enough guy to know how hard it is to find a QB outside the first 2 rounds, especially the first.

If there was ever a time for the Chiefs to do it, it's now. Especially in this draft where many of the QBs aren't NFL ready yet and can graciously sit on the sidelines without causing a QB controversy.

Red Dawg
04-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Very logical. I hope your right.

Black Bob
04-23-2017, 09:50 AM

I think that applies to most positions but not QB. Andy picked Alex and he will have final say on a first round QB. Andy is gonna like Watson more than Mahommes. He's smarter, a better leader, and is a winner. People get lost in awe when it comes to arm strength. Mahommes makes one good throw out of ten. He's Jake Locker part two...

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-23-2017, 10:15 AM
I think that applies to most positions but not QB. Andy picked Alex and he will have final say on a first round QB. Andy is gonna like Watson more than Mahommes. He's smarter, a better leader, and is a winner. People get lost in awe when it comes to arm strength. Mahommes makes one good throw out of ten. He's Jake Locker part two...

Don't take this the wrong way but.......

Dumbass !

Black Bob
04-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but.......

Dumbass !

Were Aaron Murray, Kevin Hoagan, and Chase Daniel metric and production machines? Think about it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Were Aaron Murray, Kevin Hoagan, and Chase Daniel metric and production machines? Think about it.

Watson would have to hit Hill within the first 5 yards from scrimmage or he will be out of range.

notorious
04-23-2017, 12:07 PM
So dumb. You act like the team has all-pros across the board and can't possibly upgrade anywhere except for 4 positions. :rolleyes:

I "act". ROFL

notorious
04-23-2017, 12:11 PM
10 picks.

How many of them won't make the roster?

Why not use some of them to move up and guarantee they get the guys they want?

That is what I meant by wasting picks, numbnuts. LMAO

MahiMike
04-23-2017, 01:12 PM
10 picks.

This is my philosophy every year.

KCTitus
04-23-2017, 01:32 PM
10 picks.

Wasted Pick - Any draft pick used by the Chiefs
Pissed Away Pick - Any draft pick traded by the Chiefs

Mr. Laz
04-23-2017, 01:33 PM
I still think we end up with Dobbs or Kaaya in the 3rd-5th.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Then there is the fact that Dorsey/Reid kept Bray instead of retaining said players

RunKC
04-23-2017, 01:57 PM
I still think we end up with Dobbs or Kaaya in the 3rd-5th.

This would piss me off the most, though I agree it will most likely happen.

There will be damn good starter caliber players in rd 3 this year. Picking a long term backup QB with a low chance of ever being a starter would be a horrible move.

I'd rather just wait til the 5th or 6th rd to get the QB if that was the situation.

tatorhog
04-24-2017, 07:31 AM
Why can't they draft a guy to develop this year, and turn around and draft another one next year as well? Hell Washington took 2 in the same draft, with the 3rd rounder being their keeper.

Throw as much shit at the wall as possible, and some of it will stick.

bigjosh
04-24-2017, 07:37 AM
Watson would have to hit Hill within the first 5 yards from scrimmage or he will be out of range.
Yeah.. cant keep them honest...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/d08d48ea2360105ec7584d4476e11085.gif

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Chiefnj2
04-24-2017, 07:51 AM
It will be a fun draft to look back on in 5 years. All the top QB's are developmental and you have so many medical red flags on first round talent.