PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Over - Under Games CP calls for Mahomes

Kman34
04-27-2017, 07:58 PM
I say by the 2nd game this place will be going ape shit wanting Mahomes to start.... Let him sit and learn.. we don't want to mess up this kids head starting him too soon..

eDave
04-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Fuck that. Dude needs to sit all year. ALL YEAR.

pugsnotdrugs19
I say by the 2nd game this place will be going ape shit wanting Mahomes to start.... Let him sit and learn.. we don't want to mess up this kids head starting him too soon..

Redshirt him, IMO. Unless he comes into camp and just wows people, he shouldn't even be the backup yet.

Gravedigger
I'm sure after week 1 there will be a mention or two.

Hammock Parties
04-27-2017, 08:01 PM
We need to enjoy one more season of taking copious dumps on Alex Smith.

Please, grant us these parting shots.

2018 is Mahomes' time.

mdchiefsfan
04-27-2017, 08:01 PM

HonestChieffan
04-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Some assdip will call for him after the first incomplete pass by Alex.

dirk digler

For sure and I will admit I will be one of those saying time to put Mahomes in. Fuck Alex.

Tribal Warfare
It won't matter the feeling of hopelessness is over

Deberg_1990
Hope he sits the entire year.

Open it up in 2018

SAUTO

Agreed

Coogs
04-27-2017, 08:04 PM
Bye week is later this year right? If we are in it at that point, roll with AS. If we are out of it... why not!

kccrow
04-27-2017, 08:04 PM
Pre-season game 1, 3rd quarter.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Clay is getting his name tattooed on his ass as we speak

tk13
04-27-2017, 08:08 PM
It'll be in preseason. I'll bet you a million dollars.

"Let's see what we have!"

I'm not too worried though. I think if he plays, it will be because he's truly ready. Reid isn't going to feel any pressure to rush him.

Marcellus
04-27-2017, 08:08 PM
We need to enjoy one more season of taking copious dumps on Alex Smith.

Please, grant us these parting shots.

2018 is Mahomes' time.

Says the guy who was bitching about KC moving up to get Mahomes yesterday.

Baby Lee
04-27-2017, 08:11 PM
If he isn't team captain, OTA manager and named starter TOMORROW MORNING!! I'm gonna rape an Andy Reid voodoo doll!!

Baby Lee
04-27-2017, 08:12 PM

She's a worthless troll.

Marcellus
04-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Training Camp he will be a media and fan magnet.

The pressure is on dude was taken top 10.

Hammock Parties
04-27-2017, 08:14 PM

I didn't want Mahomes, but a QB is a QB.

I will begrudgingly give him a chance.

He's no retread game manager limpdick for sure.

Marcellus
04-27-2017, 08:21 PM

I take it as a positive if you didn't want Mahomes.

You wanted Geno #1 for fuck sake.

You are like the KOD.

Spott
04-27-2017, 08:22 PM
Shit, I'm already hoping that Alex Smith takes a trip to the Dominican Republic.

Kman34
04-27-2017, 08:23 PM

He's no Tyreek.....:D

beach tribe
04-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Don't want him to play at all this season.

I want him completely comfortable with the offense before he ever takes the field.

eDave
04-27-2017, 08:25 PM
It'll be in preseason. I'll bet you a million dollars.

"Let's see what we have!"

I'm not too worried though. I think if he plays, it will be because he's truly ready. Reid isn't going to feel any pressure to rush him.

Heard that earlier this year. The answer was Jack Shit.

Black Bob
04-27-2017, 08:26 PM
**** that. Dude needs to sit all year. ALL YEAR.

I wouldn't even dress him for games. I wouldn't play him if Alex was lost for the season. If he's gonna be successful, he needs to sit. He is no where near being ready and he could get ruined quick IMO.

beach tribe
04-27-2017, 08:26 PM

Glad to have you aboard....This is a good day for you.

beach tribe
04-27-2017, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't even dress him for games. I wouldn't play him if Alex was lost for the season. If he's gonna be successful, he needs to sit. He is no where near being ready and he could get ruined quick IMO.

Totally agree..

It's real easy to F up a young QB who is not ready.

Pablo
04-27-2017, 08:29 PM
Alex just needs to take one slide really late. That's all.

Pablo
04-27-2017, 08:30 PM
But really I hope we can shelf him for a regular season. Then let him start in the playoffs!

Chiefnj2
04-27-2017, 08:30 PM
I'd rather play Mahomes right away and go 1-15 getting him experience, then waste another season with Smith.

beach tribe
04-27-2017, 08:32 PM
I'd rather play Mahomes right away and go 1-15 getting him experience, then waste another season with Smith.

I understand, but he's not ready..

To use CP terms "it's too risky".....but seriously..It's too risky.

dls6501
04-27-2017, 08:32 PM

notorious
04-27-2017, 08:33 PM

That would make the 1st pick next year hurt more.

How about 10-6 with playoff experience.

eDave
04-27-2017, 08:34 PM

How many times has that been successful?

beach tribe
04-27-2017, 08:40 PM

It's very successful in terms of destroying young QBs.

wazu
04-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Whatever the Chiefs decide, I'm good with. They made a huge investment. They have a plan.

Coach
04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
That would make the 1st pick next year hurt more.

How about 10-6 with playoff experience.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Really, KC just got the perfect scenario out of this whole 1st round. They gave up a 3rd and a 1st next year, but it's not that steep if you were to compare it to Chicago and Houston. And if KC goes 10-6 or better, that 1st round will not make much of a difference. Odds are pretty good that KC will go 10-6 or better, health pending.

And Mahomes gets the opportunity to sit for a year and work on his footwork, some little mechanics issues, and learn the playbook. Also he'll have to face KC's defense in practice, so that's kind of an added bonus.

Then 2018 would be an opportunity for him to get a chance to start. If he performs well, and the coaches are comfortable with that, they'll go with that way. If they feel like he's not quite ready, they'll stick with Smith for another year. Then 2019, he'll get his opportunity to do so.

Baby Lee
04-27-2017, 09:12 PM

I'd reckon twice, Aikman and Peytie-pie.

Both franchises were already in the dumps.
Both raped the draft outside of their QB pickup
Went 1, and 2 [and we know how that worked out].

NJChiefsFan
04-27-2017, 09:19 PM
I will just look at him the way I look at guys the Devils and Yankees draft. See ya when I see ya. A little harder in the NFL with no developmental league to watch them play.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2017, 09:20 PM

Prescott, Wilson, Mariotta, Winston, Carr all played year one. Didn't seem to kill them.

Sitting a first round top 10 QB is outdated.

tk13
04-27-2017, 09:28 PM
The QB position has changed so much, a first round top 10 QB probably isn't what it to be. Too much value in the position.

Although I agree sometimes it's best just to throw them in. I'm not sure Mahomes is one of those guys though. He needs a lot of work on his footwork. Reid is going to spend a lot of time breaking him of his bad habits.

Rasputin
04-27-2017, 09:30 PM
For me the sooner the better he pops his cherry starting in the NFL.

I do think the bye week is realistic depending on how of course he plays in preseason but if he does good or out shines Alex Smith (shouldn't take much) I think he will develop with experience over sitting on the bench.

Bugeater
04-27-2017, 09:34 PM
First time we have to punt.

Reerun_KC
04-27-2017, 09:40 PM

All pressure is on Alex Smith now.

Reerun_KC
04-27-2017, 09:43 PM
The sooner Smith gets that career ending concussion the better. Need von Miller to end our suffering....

KChiefs1
04-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Every game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scho63
04-27-2017, 09:56 PM
Groom him like a great thoroughbred!

Psyko Tek
04-27-2017, 10:59 PM

at least half
but it's rieds call,
and we all know he is slow on clock management
so expect 2

MMXcalibur
04-27-2017, 11:00 PM
Week 1

...of the preseason.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-28-2017, 03:01 AM
I will gladly sacrifice this year to keep him learning and developing. Do not break this dude early.

Fire Me Boy!
04-28-2017, 04:52 AM

So you want to go 1-15 in 2017 with Mahomes and then go back to Smith in 2018?

HemiEd
04-28-2017, 06:13 AM
I go with zero. It is already happening

Nickhead
04-28-2017, 06:28 AM
So you want to go 1-15 in 2017 with Mahomes and then go back to Smith in 2018?

some people are funny like that :D

Marcellus
04-28-2017, 06:33 AM
I go with zero. It is already happening

I think Mahomes is lucky he is going to an organization with some talent and not an an immediate need.

Patience is a virtue.

RunKC
04-28-2017, 06:35 AM
2018...enough said.

I want to see him now, but preseason will do. Gotta be smart here.

Eleazar
04-28-2017, 06:42 AM
Silly question. CP has long held that anyone would be an improvement over Smith and so there will be a sizeable portion, if not a majority, calling for him to start right away. Even though Reid has already expressly denied that Smith has to compete for the starting job.

Otter
04-28-2017, 06:47 AM
Clay is getting his name tattooed on his ass as we speak

Naw, claynus "ass burgers" the heinous anus response to when were having a civil conversation about drafting Mahomes was his usual classy input:

Desperate, stupid idiots.

This coming from head of the geno mafia troll.

He never gets tired of being wrong, looking classless, or making an ass out of himself. I'll never figure out why the mods left him back in the party.

Baby Lee
04-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Silly question. CP has long held that anyone would be an improvement over Smith and so there will be a sizeable portion, if not a majority, calling for him to start right away. Even though Reid has already expressly denied that Smith has to compete for the starting job.

Yeah, the biggest obstacle to Mahome's future here is the fans. Or Reid/Dorsey if they listen [chicken/egg].

Look forward to a couple more years of

https://frinkiac.com/video/S02E15/MyRL-n4ZNxoB6hAG7s9Jxr4HS_o=.gif

KChiefs1
04-28-2017, 06:54 AM
I'll feel so much better this year watching Alex Smith at QB checking down knowing that Mahomes will soon be taking over.

This season is already better!

Mahomes sits this year while learning from Andy. No problem with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefshrink
04-28-2017, 06:56 AM

Now that Alex finally has received the message from Dorsey/Reid they don't believe he can take them to the promised land my guess AS is far more aggressive in his play this year. Will be interesting to say the least and it only helps him in his future landing elsewhere.

Fire Me Boy!
04-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Now that Alex finally has received the message from Dorsey/Reid they don't believe he can take them to the promised land my guess AS is far more aggressive in his play this year. Will be interesting to say the least and it only helps him in his future landing elsewhere.

I don't think it says that, necessarily. It says Alex is 32 years old with 2 years left on his contract, and it's time to start finding his replacement.

Chief Roundup
04-28-2017, 10:13 AM
I knew this place would never be willing to wait at least 1 year, probably needs to be 2.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Reerun_KC
04-28-2017, 10:17 AM
I knew this place would never. E willing to wait at least 1 year, probably needs to be 2.

Big deal... The whole grooming shit is bogus bullshit anyway...

IF he is better he will be playing, Alex plays like Alex normally does, he will be replaced sooner rather than later...

This forces Alex to either shit or get off the pot.

The Franchise
04-28-2017, 10:25 AM
I knew this place would never. E willing to wait at least 1 year, probably needs to be 2.

He doesn't need fucking two years. Sit him in 2017 and unleash him in 2018.

HemiEd
04-28-2017, 10:46 AM
I think Mahomes is lucky he is going to an organization with some talent and not an an immediate need.

Patience is a virtue.

I agree and hope the fan base can understand that this time.

Eleazar
04-28-2017, 10:52 AM
He should sit a year, no matter what. Even in the case of Smith being out for the season with an injury, he should sit. That's what veteran backups are for.

This year is Smith and this team's last chance. After this, we'll have a a couple of years of reloading while the QB develops. At least that should push Smith's play.

BWillie
04-28-2017, 10:57 AM
What is funny is that Mahomes is literally the anti-Alex Smith. Huge arm, throws down the field. Goes for the big play. Gunslinger mentality. Perhaps watching Alex Smith for a year will help him keep a level head and be more consistent.

Otter
04-28-2017, 11:19 AM
2018/19 season is my over/under.

Fire Me Boy!
04-28-2017, 11:27 AM
What is funny is that Mahomes is literally the anti-Alex Smith. Huge arm, throws down the field. Goes for the big play. Gunslinger mentality. Perhaps watching Alex Smith for a year will help him keep a level head and be more consistent.

Or he'll learn he can keep a job for a decade plus if you check down and play safe.

Eleazar
04-28-2017, 11:28 AM

I thought that too. Maybe Reid and Smith can make him 80% gunslinger and 20% Alex Smith, and then you'd have something.

Steron
04-28-2017, 11:33 AM

Sannyasi
04-28-2017, 11:34 AM
I will be calling for Mahomes jokingly by their first game. I will be calling for Mahomes seriously by their second game.

DRM08
04-28-2017, 11:37 AM

Excuse the length of my post, but here goes...

Speaking from a Texas Tech perspective, I believe Alex and Pat are going to be good for each other. Alex might loosen up his game a little bit and hopefully Pat will learn to play more controlled. He definitely will need a more cautious approach at the NFL level if he wants to succeed.

I also hope Andy and the other coaches can convince Pat to protect his body. He was an absolute warrior at Tech. He played through pretty serious injuries all three seasons at Tech: 2014 concussion, 2015 knee injury, 2016 throwing shoulder injury. Some of them were self-inflicted, such as trying to run over defenders instead of sliding. The knee injury happened on an attempt to dive for the end zone. He has the heart of a lion, but sometimes you just have to be smart. I believe Gruden emphasized this pretty heavily to him and Pat agreed 100%. Hopefully he will take it seriously.

I think Alex and Andy are a great situation for Pat. He got the best of both worlds: Top 10 money and hopefully a chance to learn from two good teachers with a lot of experience. Most of the time these Top 10 QB's get thrown to the wolves and it's a disaster for them. None of us want to see that for Mahomes and it would be bad for the Chiefs too of course.

You guys will love Pat's personality. He is a great kid with very high character and good sense of humor. He is the kind of guy that could easily be a good broadcaster at some point. There have been a lot of comparisons to Jay Cutler, but about the only thing they have in common is a huge arm and gunslinger approach on the field. Pat has zero character issues off the field, whereas Cutler has a ton of baggage.

If he is allowed to learn from Andy and Alex over a good amount of time (I feel he should get 2 years to learn without playing), he has superstar potential along the lines of Aaron Rodgers. His physical gifts are off the charts and his personality lights up a room. His ceiling is much higher than any of the other QB's in this draft and probably next year's draft. It's just a question of cleaning up mechanics and learning to play at the NFL level. Andy is a great QB coach, so let's hope they can refine this raw material into a sparkling diamond.

I encourage you guys to try to find the full video of Texas Tech's bowl game against LSU a couple years ago. Tech's offensive line was 110% overmatched and was getting destroyed on every play. You have to watch the full game to understand the context of some of the highlights you've probably already seen. Pat was running for his life as soon as the ball was snapped each and every down. With the help of our midget speedster Jakeem Grant, Mahomes somehow managed to keep that game competitive for about 2.5 quarters. He repeatedly converted 3rd and long, 4th and long, etc with amazing throws while scrambling his tail off.

That LSU bowl game should have been blowout status for LSU before the end of the first quarter based on how bad the mismatch was in the trenches. To me this was the game that made me think Pat might be able to succeed in the NFL. LSU is loaded with NFL talent and Tech's OL had zero ability to help Pat in that game. Arden Key in particular absolutely destroyed our OL guys on just about every down. At the NFL level, I cannot imagine the Chiefs OL getting their butts kicked like that on every single down. Pat was pretty much pulling a magic trick to even convert first downs, never mind actually putting a bunch of points on the board.

Chief Roundup
04-28-2017, 11:54 AM
He doesn't need fucking two years. Sit him in 2017 and unleash him in 2018.
I hope not but the analyst including Mayock and Gruden said he really needs two years.

DRM08
04-28-2017, 11:58 AM
I hope not but the analyst including Mayock and Gruden said he really needs two years.

Aaron Rodgers received 3 years of grooming and he was more polished coming out of college than Mahomes. I think 2 years would go a long way for Pat compared to just 1 year.

Red Dawg
04-28-2017, 12:09 PM
I hope he doesn't play at all. Give him a year to learn then roll him out.

O.city
04-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Want him to sit a full year, but if he takes the job by the throat in camp, let it happen

TLO
04-28-2017, 12:18 PM
I'll set the over/under at 20 games.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 12:22 PM
yep ... if we lose, we lose

tough shit

developing Mahomes is more important.

New World Order
04-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Can't wait to see him during preseason

RunKC
04-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Hope Alex has a career year. I want his trade value sky high. Even a 3rd rd pick will be a good trade

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Can't wait to see him during preseason
He should get tons of time in the preseason.

fuck Bray

saphojunkie
04-28-2017, 03:38 PM
Big deal... The whole grooming shit is bogus bullshit anyway...

IF he is better he will be playing, Alex plays like Alex normally does, he will be replaced sooner rather than later...

This forces Alex to either shit or get off the pot.

No.

He might be better than Alex by week 1. He won't be the best he can be without developing his footwork and mechanics. If he can do that, he will be borderline unstoppable.

saphojunkie
04-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Even if Alex goes down, I hope they send Bray out there. Let him sling it downfield to the Greyjoy and get some team to trade a pick for him. Start recouping the picks we spent on Mahomes.

JimNasium
04-28-2017, 03:45 PM

Given your propensity for being wrong, PM2 is a lock for the HOF.

temper11
04-28-2017, 03:48 PM
Totally agree..

It's real easy to F up a young QB who is not ready.

Like Smith himself.

Bewbies
04-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Alex Smith is going to be playing for a new contract. He's going to be better this year than last. Might even average 1 TD per game.

Hopefully he's lights out and we can get a 2 or 3 for him in trade before next years draft.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Even if Alex goes down, I hope they send Bray out there. Let him sling it downfield to the Greyjoy and get some team to trade a pick for him. Start recouping the picks we spent on Mahomes.

We do not want Alex Smith to get hurt this year.

Forces Mahomes in too early and hurts any possible trade value for Smith.

O.city
04-28-2017, 04:53 PM
I'd be giving bray alot of preseason snaps.

oldman
04-29-2017, 10:50 PM
After Smith's 1st check down in the 1st preseason game.