PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What team does Alex Smith play for in 2018?

Nickhead
04-28-2017, 02:57 AM
I think now is the time to guess where Alex ends up after a year of Mahomes sitting?

I know it's early, but even he know's he's gone unless he brings a ring.

Will he still be a Chief?
Will Cleveland's inability to land a QB in round 1 this year instigate a trade next year?
Will the Giants find a spot for him as a backup to Eli?
Will he end up back in San Fran?
Will he be traded to the Jets?
I hear Arizona may be in the market for one soon?

There is no way he is allowed to hit the market freely. He will be dealt for compensation.

We all know he will be in the league at least five more years (unless his wife makes him retire).

So who is Alex playing for in 2018?

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 03:15 AM
retires... as well he should.

Why Not?
04-28-2017, 03:31 AM
Maybe as a backup somewhere. Cleveland or something I'm guessing? LOL at the thought of Bruce Arians acquiring Alex Smith. Literally the least likely QB/HC pairing in history

Coochie liquor
04-28-2017, 03:36 AM
I think he retires.

Nickhead
Let's say the bottom falls out in Washington next year? Or even Buffalo, which we traded to get the Pat-Trick?

I'm still mulling who I think will trade for him.

I see the potential fail of the Brock, Jets are the Jets, or how about Denver even with the question marks they have. :D

Nickhead

I think he retires.

No chance barring brainjury :D

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2017, 05:05 AM
I have a feeling the Chiefs will let Alex play out his contract. But I hope mahomes is ready next year and that the Chiefs can position a trade. If the Chiefs get, say, a 3rd round pick, the Chiefs basically traded only a first round pick for mahomes.

And Arians actually makes a lot of sense. Arians has 1 or 2 years left. He's not going to rely on a rookie. And smith's conservative shit isn't much different from Carson Palmers in his noodle arm years. With David Johnson as his workhorse back, Smith would be an OK fit

Chief Roundup
04-28-2017, 05:09 AM
2018 will be his last year as a Chief.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 05:13 AM
2018 will be his last year as a Chief.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

doubt it.

They won't take the 20.6 mil cap hit in 2018 unless 3 things happen.

1. Mahomes shows slow and underwhelming progress
2. Smith steps up in a big way come playoff time.
3. Smith actually wants to keep playing football.

kcxiv
04-28-2017, 05:23 AM
As long as its not for the Chiefs, i give no fucks.

Jewish Rabbi
04-28-2017, 05:29 AM
I would be surprised if he didn't play for the Chiefs the next two years.

HemiEd
04-28-2017, 05:45 AM
I think he will retire..He has been playing scared and has plenty of money.

Nickhead
04-28-2017, 05:50 AM
I would be surprised if he didn't play for the Chiefs the next two years.

Alex is playing on a one year deal now. Barring a super bowl appearance. Even then if he is not the catalyst for said fame is still deal-able :D

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-28-2017, 06:00 AM
There should be a poll for this. Reid and Dorsey have Mahomes on a two year developmental plan. But if Smith goes down with an injury in 2018 he should be able to step up. Also, Bray is the #2 this season

jd1020
04-28-2017, 06:07 AM
There should be a poll for this. Reid and Dorsey have Mahomes on a two year developmental plan. But if Smith goes down with an injury in 2018 he should be able to step up. Also, Bray is the #2 this season

How many of Dorsey's first round picks have been 1 year replacement plans?

Alex is ****ing gone before the 3rd day of the 2018 league year.

If they think Mahomes isn't progressing as fast as they hoped they could take all the savings from cutting a piece of shit like Smith and give it all to Brees who is equally at the end of his career but could lead a better offense throwing left handed.

Hoover
04-28-2017, 06:11 AM
Jacksonville

Nickhead
04-28-2017, 06:17 AM
How many of Dorsey's first round picks have been 1 year replacement plans?

Alex is ****ing gone before the 3rd day of the 2018 league year.

If they think Mahomes isn't progressing as fast as they hoped they could take all the savings from cutting a piece of shit like Smith and give it all to Brees who is equally at the end of his career but could lead a better offense throwing left handed.

if you are implying the chiefs would sign brees, that's just stupid. :D

Jacksonville

defo a possibility :D

Titty Meat
04-28-2017, 06:17 AM
Chiefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2017, 06:24 AM
If he's still playing, then hopefully for some very, very shitty team with a terrible O-line that will get him killed.

Option B:

Anywhere but KC.

threebag
04-28-2017, 06:37 AM
CHIEFS

he will still need to "mentor" Tyler Bray and Tyler Bray 2.0

mcaj22
04-28-2017, 06:39 AM
I think they can trade him and recoup a pick to soften the blow of losing that first next year

maybe get a 3rd or 4th for him and send him to a team like the Jets or Arizona

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2017, 06:39 AM
CHIEFS

he will still need to "mentor" Tyler Bray and Tyler Bray 2.0

Nah, learning how NOT to play the position should only take a season me thinks.

BossChief
04-28-2017, 06:41 AM
If they can't get a second rounder for him, he will play out his contract and end his time in KC on the bench for the second half of 2019.

mcaj22
04-28-2017, 06:44 AM
If they can't get a second rounder for him, he will play out his contract and end his time in KC on the bench for the second half of 2019.

There is zero chance of that. It's either a trade or cut in 2018. There is literally an out in his contract after 2017 that will only be 3.6 million against the cap. They just have to cut him by a certain day or the 20 million hit will kick in

jd1020
04-28-2017, 06:47 AM

A 2nd round pick to pay a QB $1.3M per TD pass. Thanks for the laugh.

Why Not?
04-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Bruce Arians offense is all about taking risks and throwing deep. He regularly uses the phrase "no risk it, no biscuit" as a slogan. Alex Smith is the most risk averse QB I've ever seen. There is less than a zero percent chance that Smith goes to AZ as long as Arians is the coach. And nobody is trading a 2nd round pick for Alex fucking Smith either.

Rasputin
04-28-2017, 07:10 AM
He will linger on as a Chief and know his roll as the backup to Mahomes II. Andy and Alex have a thing together so Alex will stay as a Chief for mentor-ship roll.

notorious
04-28-2017, 07:11 AM
He will linger on as a Chief and know his roll as the backup to Mahomes II. Andy and Alex have a thing together so Alex will stay as a Chief for mentor-ship roll.

LMAO

Frazod
04-28-2017, 07:18 AM
Maybe the Bears will sign him. LMAO

Spott
04-28-2017, 07:24 AM
At Tiger's moms house.

lawrenceRaider
04-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Alex Smith will be the Chiefs starting QB in 2018. Mahomes is a project QB, and probably will take 2-3 years of coaching up to see the field. The mechanics are terrible and it's hard to fix those in a QB this late in the game.

Good luck.

jd1020
04-28-2017, 07:34 AM
The mechanics are terrible and it's hard to fix those in a QB this late in the game.

Wtf?

lawrenceRaider
04-28-2017, 07:38 AM
Wtf?

Guys with poor mechanics have a hard time getting them right after playing that way for a decade sometimes. Muscle memory is a bitch.

Rasputin
04-28-2017, 07:44 AM
Alex Smith will be the Chiefs starting QB in 2018. Mahomes is a project QB, and probably will take 2-3 years of coaching up to see the field. The mechanics are terrible and it's hard to fix those in a QB this late in the game.

Good luck.

Nah you guys aren't giving Mahomes II enough credit. He is a smart kid athletic with talent and is very competitive. He will take over the job this year but will be starter next year.

I don't think it will be too soon but not soon enough when he starts.

notorious
04-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Wtf?

Let them go.

There is a LOT of apprehension out there coming from our division rivals.

They know that Mahonnes has a very good shot at working out under Reid and it scares the hell out of them.

mcaj22
04-28-2017, 07:47 AM
Guys with poor mechanics have a hard time getting them right after playing that way for a decade sometimes. Muscle memory is a bitch.

Andy Reid has never tried to tweak a QB's mechanics, he talks about it all the time. If the guy wants to throw sideways he lets him. Andy will try to fix his footwork and teach him the playbook, progressions, etc.

Andy always cites Phillip Rivers as a guy with terrible mechanics nobody bothered to fix because it wasn't broke.

He also never bothered to fix Vicks terrible throwing motion either.

Couch-Potato
04-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Buffalo, not sure why but it just feels right

notorious
04-28-2017, 07:53 AM
Buffalo, not sure why but it just feels right

:hmmm:

Get a 3rd back for next year?

DaNewGuy
04-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Hopefully playing flag football at the ymca

King_Chief_Fan
04-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Broncos

King_Chief_Fan
04-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Nah you guys aren't giving Mahomes II enough credit. He is a smart kid athletic with talent and is very competitive. He will take over the job this year ROFLbut will be starter next year. :eek:

I don't think it will be too soon but not soon enough when he starts.

you must be kidding

Rasputin
04-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Let them go.

They know that Mahonnes has a very good shot at working out under Reid and it scares the hell out of them.

They should be scared. We've also had Derrick Carr number so he is a less threat to us and is his broken leg going be problematic over the years if he fucks it up any again?

Fuck the Raiders.

Baby Lee
04-28-2017, 08:04 AM
The Jags could make noise with Alex. He's the antidote to the mental shitshow they've had there at QB for a while, and they've been assembling talent outside QB for a good bit as well.

If Dorse pulls the trigger on the trade, he better be damn sure of Mahome's preparedness and he better rape faces on compensation.

My sense is that Alex starts 2 more full seasons with a reneg for cap space pending. But if Alex insists on holding on to his existing payday schedule, Dorse will shop.

Rasputin
04-28-2017, 08:24 AM
you must be kidding

He is capable of taking over the job this year and be our starter next year. I don't see it funny or shocking just doable.

Our preseason is going say a lot about how soon he can take under center but the fourth preseason game he should be taking most of the snaps so we will get a good idea then what to expect. I'm expecting explosion offense when he does take over much like TrInt Green but be able to tone it down on the interceptions. Those will put him back on the bench but he can still be ready by next year.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 08:29 AM
Best case scenario is that Alex Smith rebounds this year and players well enough to make him worth something in trade. Mahomes learns quickly and looks like an Aaron Rodgers clone.

We trade Alex Smith for a 2nd rounder next year and Mahomes takes over the starting job.

nychief
04-28-2017, 08:30 AM
I don't think Alex will trade have any trade value with 17 million on his contract, but what do I know.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 08:37 AM
I don't think Alex will trade have any trade value with 17 million on his contract, but what do I know.
I assume since he's in the last year of his contract, that any trade would involve a contract restructure/extension that would reduce his cap number dramatically.

jd1020
04-28-2017, 08:44 AM

He probably has some value but I think the people looking for a 2nd round pick are out of their fucking minds.

Smith will be about the same age Carson Palmer was when the Raiders traded him to Arizona for a swap of 6th round picks and a conditional 7th.

Maybe you get a team to bite on his "ability to win games" and get a 4th round pick but hes not that much better than Palmer was at the time Arizona traded for him.

hitchief
04-28-2017, 08:44 AM
Alex is worth zero as he is **it for a qb. Not worth anything to anybody as we have all seen he cant play qb in the NFL. I don't even want he to mentor the kid as he has no talent and will just infect the kids tremendous natural talent. Put the kid in and let him gun sling, its what we all have been asking for since Alex came here. Who cares if we win or lose, it will be exciting!!!

Fish
04-28-2017, 08:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NqISJKA.gif

Rasputin
04-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Alex is worth zero as he is **it for a qb. Not worth anything to anybody as we have all seen he cant play qb in the NFL. I don't even want he to mentor the kid as he has no talent and will just infect the kids tremendous natural talent. Put the kid in and let him gun sling, its what we all have been asking for since Alex came here. Who cares if we win or lose, it will be exciting!!!

Are you trying to say "shit" spell it out man. Shit is not going hurt any ones feelings here and it is not considered subject to censorship **** It's better spell out the word fuck or shit and let it do it's thing fucking **** shit.

If your gonna cuss then cuss don't be a pussy.

threebag
04-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Nice take eat *hitchief, fucking idiot.

FloridaMan88
04-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Alex Smith will retire and Andy Reid will find a landing spot for him on the Chiefs coaching staff... "spread game analyst", "bubble screen consultant", take your pick.

The Franchise
04-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Who fucking cares as long as it's anywhere but here.

Reerun_KC
04-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Who ****ing cares as long as it's anywhere but here.

If we can get Von Miller to do us a favor, Smith can be a full time starter on the CTE research team for all I care..

Just get the fuck of my team.

RippedmyFlesh
04-28-2017, 10:54 AM
He probably has some value but I think the people looking for a 2nd round pick are out of their fucking minds.

Smith will be about the same age Carson Palmer was when the Raiders traded him to Arizona for a swap of 6th round picks and a conditional 7th.

Maybe you get a team to bite on his "ability to win games" and get a 4th round pick but hes not that much better than Palmer was at the time Arizona traded for him.

Smith is healthier at this moment than palmer was but you are right. A 2nd for smith is a joke. And for people pointing to bradford well he is younger than smith that is where his supposed value lies.

raybec 4
04-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Alex will restructure and be a Chief.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Who ****ing cares as long as it's anywhere but here.

Hopefully some where else so is little dick sucking fans go with him.

Titty Meat
04-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Alex will restructure and be a Chief.

I hope so. Dont know why people are in a hurry to dump a servicable QB we have our franchise 1st round pick people can stop with the Alex bullshit now.

The Franchise
04-28-2017, 11:02 AM
By restructure do you mean take a fucking paycut? I'm not paying that dipshit $20 million to be a backup. If he wants $5 million a year.....sure.

Titty Meat
04-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Any GM who pays a 35 yesr old QB sans Manning 20 mil should be fired. He wont get 20 mil anywhwre and at that age probably wouldnt get a starting QB gig anywhere either.

NWTF
04-28-2017, 11:05 AM
retires. Which is the smart decision. Hes not the kind of guy thats going to bounce around the league as a backup to prolong his career another 3-4 years.

Ming the Merciless
04-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Winnipeg Blue Bombers

He goes into the CFL and sets a record for completion %

raybec 4
04-28-2017, 11:10 AM
I hope so. Dont know why people are in a hurry to dump a servicable QB we have our franchise 1st round pick people can stop with the Alex bullshit now.

It's only going to get worse from here, people who spent their time kicking and screaming about Alex in every thread are only going to get louder.

Baby Lee
04-28-2017, 11:16 AM
It's only going to get worse from here, people who spent their time kicking and screaming about Alex in every thread are only going to get louder.

I suspect that Dorsey and Reid's brainpower superiority over the vocal fanbase will continue apace.

ModSocks
04-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Smith deserves more respect than what he's getting on this forum.

He served his purpose. He came in and stabilized the QB position, something that hasn't been done in KC since Trent Green. He produced winning football, albeit un-flashy. He took this team to the playoffs in multiple seasons and now he'll be a good samaritan and hell develop our QBOTF.

Smith was the perfect QB to bridge the gap between a 2-14 Franchise and what we have today. He served a purpose and he served that purpose perfectly.

Now his time has come, he'll step down no later than the end of this season, and hand over the keys to a winning, loaded football team to our young QBOTF.

Smith deserves to pick where he goes next. Wherever he goes next, he'll do the same thing he did here, and the same he did at the end of his watch in SF.

jspchief
04-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Best case scenario imo is Mahomes spends 2 years as backup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Franchise
04-28-2017, 11:33 AM

He served his purpose. He came in and stabilized the QB position, something that hasn't been done in KC since Trent Green. He produced winning football, albeit un-flashy. He took this team to the playoffs in multiple seasons and now he'll be a good samaritan and hell develop our QBOTF.

Smith was the perfect QB to bridge the gap between a 2-14 Franchise and what we have today. He served a purpose and he served that purpose perfectly.

Now his time has come, he'll step down no later than the end of this season, and hand over the keys to a winning, loaded football team to our young QBOTF.

Smith deserves to pick where he goes next. Wherever he goes next, he'll do the same thing he did here, and the same he did at the end of his watch in SF.

I'm fine with that. I didn't like the value we gave up or the contract he got....but I'm fine with what he did. I said before the draft that if we took Mahomes....that Smith would have all of 2017 from me and that's what I'll give him.

O.city
04-28-2017, 11:39 AM

I agree. Was trying to articulate this post earlier.

I hope he plays well this year. I like the guy

threebag
04-28-2017, 11:41 AM
JFC some of the bullshit spewed on this board is just disgusting. Hopefully when it's time for you ignorant fucks on here to "check out" it's as miserable as your fucking posts.

The Franchise
04-28-2017, 11:42 AM
I agree. Was trying to articulate this post earlier.

I hope he plays well this year. I like the guy

It will be interesting to see how Smith does. IIRC....he started out the season pretty well right after Kap was drafted. Maybe with Mahomes behind him....Smith will pull his head out of his ass and take more chances.

temper11
04-28-2017, 11:50 AM

I'm kinda feelin' this. Only exception to this is if he finds a home with a team that has a reasonable chance at the playoffs - and therefore a chance at a title. I don't seen him playing for a dumpster fire and getting killed for nothing. Not with the multiple concussions he's already had. It's not as if he needs football to keep the money coming in. And he's already proven that he's an effective, qualified QB in the NFL, so the only thing he has left is the ring. He's only playing for a championship at this point, so if the right team isn't there, I think he walks away.

temper11
04-28-2017, 11:55 AM
It will be interesting to see how Smith does. IIRC....he started out the season pretty well right after Kap was drafted. Maybe with Mahomes behind him....Smith will pull his head out of his ass and take more chances.

He wasn't taking a bunch of "gun-slinger" type chances though after Kap was drafted. He basically played the way he's been playing for KC. I don't expect him to change much of anything this year. Some folks may not like it, but it's been a successful formula.

PAChiefsGuy
04-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Alex Smith will probably still be a Chief. Mahomes needs a lot of work. He probably won't be ready for a year or two.

He wasn't taking a bunch of "gun-slinger" type chances though after Kap was drafted. He basically played the way he's been playing for KC. I don't expect him to change much of anything this year. Some folks may not like it, but it's been a successful formula.

I have to agree with this. I don't think Alex Smith should change his style at this point in his career. We can win with his current style we simply have to improve in other areas, most notably run D.

Alex Smith can still improve but like Reid said he can improve "the little things." You don't want the guy to try to be something he isn't and start throwing a bunch of INTs that cost us games.

temper11
04-28-2017, 12:24 PM
A 2nd round pick to pay a QB $1.3M per TD pass. Thanks for the laugh.

How much did the Chiefs give up for him? You act as if NFL teams are run by members of CP. They are not. The league values Smith far more than people here do. I just see him retiring outright if it is to a crappy team though.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2017, 12:30 PM
He'll be slinging it to Chad Johnson on the Monterrey Fundidores.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2017/04/03/040317-chad-johnson-mexico-kal-v2-1080x608.jpg

I hope he catches AIDS from a mexican hooker.

temper11
04-28-2017, 12:33 PM

This... great post.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 12:36 PM
How much did the Chiefs give up for him? You act as if NFL teams are run by members of CP. They are not. The league values Smith far more than people here do. I just see him retiring outright if it is to a crappy team though.If Alex Smith has a season similar to 2015 then we can absolutely get something in trade for him. Don't freak out, I'm not defending him and we already have his replacement. I'm just saying that if he returns to 2015 play we can get something in trade for him.

It won't be the same rape price we paid for him, but it could be something.

65.3%, 3,486 yds, 20TD, 7int, 95.4 rating

He ran for 498yds. He had a lot of key runs for 1st downs that sustained drives.

He also showed glimpses of being aggressive.

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 12:40 PM
This... great post.

Really was a great post, Detox.

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 12:42 PM
If Alex Smith has a season similar to 2015 then we can absolutely get something in trade for him. Don't freak out, I'm not defending him and we already have his replacement. I'm just saying that if he returns to 2015 play we can get something in trade for him.

It won't be the same rape price we paid for him, but it could be something.

65.3%, 3,486 yds, 20TD, 7int, 95.4 rating

He ran for 498yds. He had a lot of key runs for 1st downs that sustained drives.

He also showed glimpses of being aggressive.

I just don't think he wants it enough. At least he doesn't play or look like it.

#cruising4cash

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Best case scenario imo is Mahomes spends 2 years as backup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I think everyone is hoping that Mahomes shows enough during his 2nd training camp that we can move on and trade Alex Smith.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2017, 12:44 PM

Yup.

Served his purpose. Time to move on.

He can probably net us a 3rd or 4th next year. If he has the same season he always has next year, I could see him going to a squad like the Jets as a quarterback mentor and/or short-term starter. If Jax hits the re-set on Bortles but manages to win 6-7 games, they'll be in the Allen/Falk tier and would probably need a stop-gap.

So I'll say Jets or Jacksonville. Both teams could use a steady veteran and will probably be looking for a quarterback that may take some time to develop. Smith being in the fold will help add some stability and improve the learning curve for the new guy(s).

Smith's a good soldier and he was a successful acquisition. But not it's time to take the next step.

New World Order
04-28-2017, 12:44 PM

Would have been fine for a couple seasons but he's going to be here for 5 seasons, maybe 6.

But since we drafted Mahomes I am happy where we are now.

dls6501
04-28-2017, 12:45 PM
Dont give a shit as long as its not us.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Would have been fine for a couple seasons but he's going to be here for 5 seasons, maybe 6.

But I am happy where we are now.

Yeah, they probably waited a year too long to pull the trigger.

But the consequence was a hell of a dynamic, exciting young QB. If they polish up the rough edges on Mahomes, he'll be a guy we enjoy having around more than Lynch. Granted, Lynch would've come a hell of a lot cheaper but it's water under the bridge if it turns out that Mahomes is his equal.

Mahomes is a unique cat, man. That could end up being a bad thing but if he hits we'll have a brand of football in Kansas City that's more exciting than what's being played virtually anywhere in the NFL. It may turn out to be worth the wait.

Ming the Merciless
04-28-2017, 12:56 PM
JFC some of the bullshit spewed on this board is just disgusting. Hopefully when it's time for you ignorant ****s on here to "check out" it's as miserable as your ****ing posts.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

pot, meet kettle....

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Dont give a shit as long as its not us.

don't worry.. he's not coming back to your Niners. :thumb:

St. Patty's Fire
04-28-2017, 01:00 PM
in all likelihood, us. i'd be surprised if mahomes was ready after just one year, he's really raw. i'm ecstatic we got the kid but we need to be patient. if he looks ready to start in 2018, that'd be great, but i'm not looking to rush him just to get smith off the team. we've waited this long for a first round qb, i'm not interested in fucking it up because we couldn't wait a little longer.

Ming the Merciless
04-28-2017, 01:04 PM
We trade Alex Smith for a 2nd rounder next year and Mahomes takes over the starting job.

Theres no team foolish enough to give a second round pick for Smith...

Oh wait..

Ming the Merciless
04-28-2017, 01:06 PM
i we've waited this long for a first round qb, i'm not interested in ****ing it up because we couldn't wait a little longer.

Full agreement..

I joke around but honestly if Smith was QB 2 more full seasons, with the intent of mentoring and helping mahomes , im all in.

Eureka
04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Trade Smith now and start Mahomes day 1.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-28-2017, 02:41 PM
There is zero chance of that. It's either a trade or cut in 2018. There is literally an out in his contract after 2017 that will only be 3.6 million against the cap. They just have to cut him by a certain day or the 20 million hit will kick in

Youre forgetting Dorsey and Reid love Smith, even with his downside. But what Mahomes has in arm strength he lacks in experience and that will easily rack up losses if thrown out to the wolves too soon, especially in this division. Smith can take the same pay overall but restructure to ease the burden on 2018 by adding dead money to 2019 if he's off the team. There's a lot of options and this comes down to how he plays. The longer Mahomes has to learn the system the higher his likelihood of success

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Youre forgetting Dorsey and Reid love Smith, even with his downside. But what Mahomes has in arm strength he lacks in experience and that will easily rack up losses if thrown out to the wolves too soon, especially in this division. Smith can take the same pay overall but restructure to ease the burden on 2018 by adding dead money to 2019 if he's off the team. There's a lot of options and this comes down to how he plays. The longer Mahomes has to learn the system the higher his likelihood of success

Let it go man... I think Smith is a good QB that could win it all if on a team that's not so inconveniently flawed.. but he's on his way out, and it's HIS OWN damn fault (post 2013). He's had time to up his game, and just frankly, he won't.

This team can't cruise control its way into a SB. So, they need to swing big.. and they did. They may revert back to a garbage team in a few years.. but Pat Mahomes will have a say in this. Alex will be at home with his pre-teen kids and wife.. where his head is.. where he should be.

O.city
04-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Inconveniently flawed. What the shit.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2017, 03:19 PM
Inconveniently flawed. What the shit.

I figured someone was talking about Smith and thought "y'know, that seems like a pretty good way to describe him..."

I was curious what your beef may be with that description.

Then I read the offending post. Seriously? What the shit is being kind.

The team was 'inconveniently flawed'?!?!

Yeah, sure it was. Under center.

O.city
04-28-2017, 03:22 PM
I figured someone was talking about Smith and thought "y'know, that seems like a pretty good way to describe him..."

I mean, they've had some bad luck with injuries and such at bad times, sure.

But fuck me. They've put slot around the guy on offense and it just hasn't made a big jump in productiin.

And I'm an Alex smith fan.

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 03:24 PM

oh **** off with your new Sweet Pussy role.

KC, in so many ways.. shits themselves with drops, shit pass pro.. and awful D when it matters.

I'm already in on the "see ya, Alex" parade.. so don't give me agendas. The team just screws up in so many ways, that it would take a reincarnation of Cool Joe to make it through to a SB win.

Tell yourself what you need to, but this IS the ****ing truth.. and u need not admit it it here.. but you know it.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 03:59 PM
No

PAChiefsGuy
04-28-2017, 04:02 PM

KC, in so many ways.. shits themselves with drops, shit pass pro.. and awful D when it matters.

I'm already in on the "see ya, Alex" parade.. so don't give me agendas. The team just screws up in so many ways, that it would take a reincarnation of Cool Joe to make it through to a SB win.

Tell yourself what you need to, but this IS the ****ing truth.. and u need not admit it it here.. but you know it.

Exactly. Our defense is good but they give up too many yds.

Our run D was pathetic in that playoff gm. Bell had 30 car, 170 yds, 5.7 ypc. So this team has more problems then just a conservative QB and anyone who can't see that is an idiot.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 04:13 PM
I think our defense was 24th in total yards given up.

The defense was saved by forcing turnovers.

O.city
04-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Exactly. Our defense is good but they give up too many yds.

Our run D was pathetic in that playoff gm. Bell had 30 car, 170 yds, 5.7 ypc. So this team has more problems then just a conservative QB and anyone who can't see that is an idiot.

And yet only 18 points

The Franchise
04-28-2017, 04:22 PM
I think our defense was 24th in total yards given up.

The defense was saved by forcing turnovers.

So was the fucking offense.

St. Patty's Fire
04-28-2017, 04:34 PM

if you want to ruin mahomes, this is the way to go

Mr. Laz
04-28-2017, 04:38 PM
So was the fucking offense.
why are you still fighting about this?

We've got a new QB and Smith will be gone in a couple of years, max.

Doesn't change the fact that our defense has issues of its own.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2017, 04:53 PM

My point is what the hell does 'inconveniently flawed' even mean?

Is there a perfect team in the entire damn league? Of course not. Even the Patriots are a 10 win team without Brady.

The Chiefs aren't a perfect team but their biggest flaw was a QB that couldn't be trusted to throw to the best HR hitter in the AFC when he had 10 yards of separation a whopping 25 yards downfield.

The front office had a chance to add a guy to this team that could've helped us a ton right this very second. They could've taken the best DL in the draft. They could've grabbed the #1 CB in the draft. They could've taken the premier ILB in the draft. They could've done all those things to address 'inconvenient flaws' immediately.

Instead they chose a guy that won't help them a bit this season in the name of addressing the flaw under center in the future.

Seems like the front office made a pretty loud statement as to where they see the issues with this squad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2017, 05:09 PM
Maybe the Bears will sign him. LMAO

Fuck that. Chicago has some nice qualities. I want that motherfucker sent to the wastes of Cleveland Ohio, please.

Let them go.

You're goddamned right it should. PMII is the highly sought Yin to Reid's Yang; this is going to be phenomenal.

Hopefully some where else so is little dick sucking fans go with him.

And this.

Yeah Smith deserves a golden hand job and...oh I'm sorry; motherfuck this post and motherfuck Alex "game-managing/time wasting" Smith. Fuck his Howdy-Doody ass and fuck his transplanted fan base.
I'll gladly respect the porter that carries his shit to the plane at KCI, though.

Sandy Vagina
04-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Seems like the front office made a pretty loud statement as to where they see the issues with this squad.

That statement is that they had nothing behind a QB they know is about to walk way from the NFL... and that they saw Mahomes as far better than the rest.

Say what you want, but they wouldn't bother paying Smith what they are if they thought so little of him.

Look, if you absorb nothing else, absorb this.

I GET that you have concluded that Smith isn't good enough. I am just inches from that myself. But that doesn't mean you need to go extreme, and lose your shit over it... which is another way of saying that you don't need to downplay the OTHER aspects that have failed this team.

Don't be that guy. I know you are loving this new approval you are getting... but just don't take it overboard with stupid shit like this. Or do..whatever...****... it doesn't matter. One more Mav, Easy6, etc flip-flopping extremist bastard really just doesn't impress or surprise anymore.

Enjoy it.
We are ALL on the GO MAHOMES, and PLAY AMAZINGLY WELL or **** RIGHT OFF, SMITH train.

Just keep it real. This team... COLLECTIVELY.. has failed when it most counts.. and it would have taken a top 3 QB to pull out more than what was extracted from the mess.

Nickhead
04-29-2017, 01:19 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/teGC3KvgdEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-29-2017, 11:36 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU........

That ARM!

Did he just side-shot a 30 yard TD to the end zone?

Mother.

Fuck.

Me.

Kman34
04-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Did you guys hear what Alex did when he saw we drafted Mahomes???

He threw his remote at the TV but it came up 2 yards short....

:D

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-30-2017, 02:54 PM
Did you guys hear what Alex did when he saw we drafted Mahomes???

He threw his remote at the TV but it came up 2 yards short....

:D

So you're saying it wasn't intercepted? :hmmm:

mdchiefsfan
04-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Alex Smith will retire and Andy Reid will find a landing spot for him on the Chiefs coaching staff... "spread game analyst", "bubble screen consultant", take your pick.

"Checkdown Consultant"

He will train the RB to be prepared for a pass from every formation we run.

"WR Coach (-5 - 8 yard route specialist)"

Preps the receivers for the routes they have under the defense, primarily between -5 and 8 yards. Ensures crisp route running and anticipation for the ball at all times.

"Special Teams Coach"

Teaches QB how to properly set the kicker/punter up for a field goal/punt when in 3rd and 8-10 situations. Side speciality: how to obtain those hidden points.

bevischief
04-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Broncos.

Pablo
04-30-2017, 04:32 PM
He gets his egg scrambled next year and spares any other fanbase from watching him play.