PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I need your guys' help

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 01:37 PM
[Edit]This is an older post but I wanted to update it since I finally got around to releasing this thing! If you have an android phone, go check it out!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goldenmindcreations.sequencesays&hl=en

If you want to know the story behind the app:

Sequence Says is my very first app and I’ve been working tirelessly on this thing for the past few months. What started out as me simply refreshing my mind on the basic coding classes I took in college (which I enjoyed thoroughly but never practiced outside of class assignments) turned into boredom quickly while I produced very mundane code. This wasn’t keeping my interest so I decided to research “how to create an app” to add a little excitement to the programming practice I was doing. I was initially quite overwhelmed by the process that the tutorials I found on Google stepped through. I decided to take the first step anyways. Every step of the way was a headache that required lots of research. There were plenty of setbacks and hair-pulling moments where I was ready to give up and claim that “I just don’t have what it takes.” …fortunately, I didn’t stop and kept putting one foot in front of the other because now I have an actual tangible product that I’m very excited to share.

Sequence Says is coded off of the absolute basics of java/android programming. I think it’s justified to point out that this app is very basic in comparison to the apps you’d typically utilize on your phone. However, this app in itself is just me getting my feet wet and I’m hoping to take the basics that I’ve learned from creating Sequence Says to create something more advanced, and hopefully in the 3D realm, in the near future. As of right now, I have nothing else in the works. I’m going to take some time to enjoy, and learn from, the process of launching/marketing my first app.

Anyways, I hope you all thoroughly enjoy playing Sequence Says and I’d be humbled and very much appreciative if you told your friends/family about the app. To have any kind of success in the world of creating apps, word of mouth is absolutely key. So, if you enjoy it, please share! Another very important factor is the reviews the app receives. If you are able to provide feedback via stars and a written review, I’d be very grateful for that as well.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

[Beginning of old post]
Hi guys. I’ve been a Chiefs Planet lurker and infrequent poster here for several years. I’m in a position where I need as much support as possible and I thought what better place than to come reach out to you lovely bunch of people (which should be in quite the positive mood due to that draft we just had! Finally a REAL potential QB of the future!). Anyways, I’ve been working hard the last two months building my first Android app. It’s a game that draws its roots from the old Simon game. You know, this one:
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic288369.jpg

Here’s a screenshot lineup of my app, which I’m calling Sequence Says:
http://www.goldenmindcreations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/sequence_says_screenshot_lineup.jpg

I am releasing the app to the Google Play Store on May 26th. The thing about the app business is there are over a million apps out there these days and thousands released every day. So, unless you have a huge company and/or lots of marketing funds it’s really hard to succeed in the app world. Though it may be hard to make it as a little man, it’s not impossible!

The trick is to have as many people download the game as possible on the first few days after launching your app and then subsequently giving the app good ratings (I truly only want this if you actually think the app is good though). The first few days are VERY important because Google has an algorithm that weeds out the poor apps and boosts the ones getting attention. …this is where you guys come in. If I can manage enough people to download the app then it’ll have a higher-percentage chance of actually getting noticed by others (and the Google algorithm). I’ve reached out to the star, the pitch and several blogs online but I’m not getting any help there at all.

If you have an Android phone and want to help me out, I’d be SUPER appreciative. You can visit my website I setup at www.GoldenMindCreations.com (http://www.goldenmindcreations.com) where you can check out a gameplay video and then provide your email so I can send you a direct link to the app on the day it is released (and no, it’s not spam. It just goes to an excel spreadsheet so I can email you the game and nothing more after that).

For real, thanks a ton for your support and GO CHIEFS!!

Tony

The Franchise
05-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Nothing for Apple?

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Nothing for Apple yet. Reason being is I don't know that programming language. If the app does well enough, then I'll consider spending the time transferring over to iOS which means I'll have to learn a whole new programming language. Unfortunately, you can't just pop it into a converter and have it spit out an app that is compatible with Apple devices. Though that would be a money making machine!

JakeLV
05-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Nothing for Apple yet. Reason being is I don't know that programming language. If the app does well enough, then I'll consider spending the time transferring over to iOS which means I'll have to learn a whole new programming language. Unfortunately, you can't just pop it into a converter and have it spit out an app that is compatible with Apple devices. Though that would be a money making machine!

Look into Xamarin via Visual Studio. Same code base for Android and iOS apps.

Baby Lee
05-05-2017, 01:59 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/fellow_kids_steve_buscemi.gif

Fish
05-05-2017, 02:04 PM
No Blackberry version?

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 02:09 PM
No Blackberry version?
ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
05-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Windows Phone?

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Look into Xamarin via Visual Studio. Same code base for Android and iOS apps.
Is that c++ based? Have you used this before?

BlackHelicopters
05-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Wash with antifreeze before your app is put to work.

BlackHelicopters
05-05-2017, 02:12 PM
How many active iPhones are there worldwide?

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Windows Phone?
Do those things have a ctrl+alt+dlt shortcut?

dls6501
05-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Nothing for Apple?

Smart! Cater to the largest audience, not the loudest.

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 02:21 PM
How many active iPhones are there worldwide?

Not sure. Approaching a billion I believe. Found this though.
https://fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/476885906137.gif

BlackHelicopters
05-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Google says the loudest audience consists of 700 million iPhone users world wide. I have a Galaxy S6.

Why Not?
05-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Would do but IPhones

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Google says the loudest audience consists of 700 million iPhone users world wide. I have a Galaxy S6.
Lmao! I thought for sure you were an iphoner. I just can't bring myself to make the switch. I like customizing my phone too much. I too have a Galaxy.

BlackHelicopters
05-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Lmao! I thought for sure you were an iphoner. I just can't bring myself to make the switch. I like customizing my phone too much. I too have a Galaxy.

Heh

hometeam
05-05-2017, 03:58 PM
android is 88% of the entire smartphone market soooo.

Let me ask you this. Does your app put ads over it? Does it harvest my info? does it do all the stupid shit that i hate? if not ill check it out.

BlackHelicopters
05-05-2017, 06:32 PM

Let me ask you this. Does your app put ads over it? Does it harvest my info? does it do all the stupid shit that i hate? if not ill check it out.

As you are aware, almost every app does this.

dreaminboutsunday
05-05-2017, 07:25 PM

I don't have the knowledge to harvest your info lol.. nor would i know what to do with it if I did. I did put a couple banner ads that are just a sliver on the screen. No interstitial ads tho. Those are the full screen ads which are super annoying for sure. Not trying to run people away from my app, ha.

KChiefs1
05-05-2017, 07:58 PM
I have an iPhone or I'd help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish
05-05-2017, 07:59 PM

I can port your app to iOS easily enough. But it will cost you...

http://i.imgur.com/vHVcsjO.jpg

RippedmyFlesh
05-05-2017, 09:09 PM

That seems to conflict with the market share graphic above.:shrug:

Bugeater
05-05-2017, 09:33 PM

You forgot to ask if he was going to spam your email.

So anyway, are you going to spam my email? Otherwise I'll just wait to download it when it's released. Just bump this thread to remind me.

Bugeater
05-05-2017, 09:35 PM
That seems to conflict with the market share graphic above.:shrug:
Graphic is US. He said entire market, which I'd assume is worldwide. Maybe most of the Apple fanbois are in the US. I don't really know. I know I don't care for them.

dreaminboutsunday
05-06-2017, 08:06 AM
You forgot to ask if he was going to spam your email.

So anyway, are you going to spam my email? Otherwise I'll just wait to download it when it's released. Just bump this thread to remind me.

Spam, no. Send you an email on May 26th with a direct link to the app on the Google Play Store, yes.

dreaminboutsunday
05-06-2017, 08:14 AM
I can port your app to iOS easily enough. But it will cost you...

http://i.imgur.com/vHVcsjO.jpg

We'll see how well this thing does first. Why make trillions when we could make.... billions?
https://media.giphy.com/media/T5sknBWFxlDgY/giphy.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-06-2017, 08:15 AM
I need a paperback version

dreaminboutsunday
05-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Finally got around to releasing this thing! If you have an android phone, go check it out!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goldenmindcreations.sequencesays&hl=en

If you want to know the story behind the app:

Sequence Says is my very first app and I’ve been working tirelessly on this thing for the past few months. What started out as me simply refreshing my mind on the basic coding classes I took in college (which I enjoyed thoroughly but never practiced outside of class assignments) turned into boredom quickly while I produced very mundane code. This wasn’t keeping my interest so I decided to research “how to create an app” to add a little excitement to the programming practice I was doing. I was initially quite overwhelmed by the process that the tutorials I found on Google stepped through. I decided to take the first step anyways. Every step of the way was a headache that required lots of research. There were plenty of setbacks and hair-pulling moments where I was ready to give up and claim that “I just don’t have what it takes.” …fortunately, I didn’t stop and kept putting one foot in front of the other because now I have an actual tangible product that I’m very excited to share.

Sequence Says is coded off of the absolute basics of java/android programming. I think it’s justified to point out that this app is very basic in comparison to the apps you’d typically utilize on your phone. However, this app in itself is just me getting my feet wet and I’m hoping to take the basics that I’ve learned from creating Sequence Says to create something more advanced, and hopefully in the 3D realm, in the near future. As of right now, I have nothing else in the works. I’m going to take some time to enjoy, and learn from, the process of launching/marketing my first app.

Anyways, I hope you all thoroughly enjoy playing Sequence Says and I’d be humbled and very much appreciative if you told your friends/family about the app. To have any kind of success in the world of creating apps, word of mouth is absolutely key. So, if you enjoy it, please share! Another very important factor is the reviews the app receives. If you are able to provide feedback via stars and a written review, I’d be very grateful for that as well.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

eDave
05-26-2017, 01:11 PM
I need a paperback version

Is there a version for flip phones? Cause that's how I roll.

cron912
05-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Is that c++ based? Have you used this before?

Xamarin is C#. Or you could have used a game engine that supports multiple platforms, like Unity (also C# based).

dreaminboutsunday
05-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Xamarin is C#. Or you could have used a game engine that supports multiple platforms, like Unity (also C# based).

I have never dabbled in c#. My background is c++ and java. My next project is going to be unity based. I'm looking forward to it. Have you created anything with unity? Any apps out there that you've made?

dlphg9
05-26-2017, 06:05 PM
Reported as spam