PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Chris Berman's wife killed in auto accident.

DaNewGuy
05-10-2017, 07:31 AM
That's rough man http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/chris-berman-wife-death-car-accident-crash-kathy-dead-nfl-countdown-host/1cmgnpz76qpi215qqoci2jzxa0

ptlyon
05-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Horrible

Easy 6
05-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Damn, very sorry to hear that

notorious
05-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Oh man.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Back back back...eh too soon

tooge
05-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Thats sad. People say hes an asshole, but he was always one of my favorite sports personalities, with the nicknames and all. Prayers to his family

ChiliConCarnage
05-10-2017, 08:04 AM
87 year old guy who was the other driver passed too. That's a shame

scho63
05-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Dead, dead, dead, dead........too soon

Ebolapox
05-10-2017, 08:05 AM
he'd just retired, right? sucks to lose your wife any time, but so soon after retirement... damn.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-10-2017, 08:11 AM
he'd just retired, right? sucks to lose your wife any time, but so soon after retirement... damn.

Maybe they need to investigate to see if he loosened a brake line.

KChiefs1
05-10-2017, 08:15 AM
14 year old Lexus?

I would have thought they would have had a newer car.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiTown
05-10-2017, 08:17 AM
14 year old Lexus?

I would have thought they would have had a newer car.

RIP

Yeah, that caught my eye as well. WTF, CB?

RIP, Kathy - horrific way to lose a loved one..........

Halfcan
05-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Thats sad. People say hes an asshole, but he was always one of my favorite sports personalities, with the nicknames and all. Prayers to his family

I am not sure how Berman got tagged with being an asshole. I have met him twice at sporting events and he was Very gracious to the fans.

Dion Sanders- now that guy is a dick to fans. Sat there with his faggy fur coat on and never once acknowledged the fans saying hi to him.

Sorry to hear about Berman's wife- such a terrible tragedy. RIP.

Gravedigger
05-10-2017, 08:58 AM
I was thinking how lonely he'll be without her. With older couples past retirement, when one of them passes away, the other is generally affected so much that it can take years off their life. I feel terrible for him, I always enjoyed watching him when I was growing up.

WhawhaWhat
05-10-2017, 09:11 AM
She went out for milk and never came back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back.

I'll be over here in the corner.

Buehler445
05-10-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm not a fan of his production but I'm certainly not going to hate on a guy for personal tradgedy.

RIP

Rooster
05-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Such a sad story. RIP

gblowfish
05-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Very sad. This is one of my personal greatest fears. My lovely wifey is very active in a variety of community activities, and drives long distances all the time. I worry about her being on the road a lot. Good thoughts to Mr. Berman, who is a long time AFL booster. He knows his Chiefs history.

FloridaMan88
05-10-2017, 10:07 AM
You can see her car behind the red car in this photo, terrible:

https://lintvwtnh.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/woodbury-crash.jpg

Frazod
05-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Bummer. RIP

wazu
05-10-2017, 10:31 AM

87, but still a great driver I'm sure.

JohnnyHammersticks
05-10-2017, 10:33 AM
I am not sure how Berman got tagged with being an asshole. I have met him twice at sporting events and he was Very gracious to the fans.

Dion Sanders- now that guy is a dick to fans. Sat there with his pillowbitergy fur coat on and never once acknowledged the fans saying hi to him.

Sorry to hear about Berman's wife- such a terrible tragedy. RIP.

I think this was one of the reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

Pablo
05-10-2017, 10:36 AM
87, but still a great driver I'm sure.He was wearing his sun blocker shades, what could go wrong??

thabear04
05-10-2017, 10:46 AM
May she Rest In Peace.

sully1983
05-10-2017, 10:46 AM
absolutely awful. RIP

wazu
05-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I think this was one of the reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

If that's all they have it's pretty weak. He's a performer who is at the top of his craft and puts pressure on himself to deliver at the highest level. He's got distractions happening while he's trying to put on a good show and so he gets upset and drops a few f-bombs. Big deal.

threebag
05-10-2017, 11:25 AM
I was thinking how lonely he'll be without her. With older couples past retirement, when one of them passes away, the other is generally affected so much that it can take years off their life. I feel terrible for him, I always enjoyed watching him when I was growing up.

Or he could find a chick to fill his void, whilst he fills hers

threebag
05-10-2017, 11:29 AM
You can see her car behind the red car in this photo, terrible:

https://lintvwtnh.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/woodbury-crash.jpg

That looks more like old dudes Ford Escape. Maybe that's why you are so off on some of your football takes.

Insert Ray Charles can't see shit

Dartgod
05-10-2017, 11:37 AM
That looks more like old dudes Ford Escape. Maybe that's why you are so off on some of your football takes.

Insert Ray Charles can't see shit

Right

Berman's car, a 2003 Lexus SC 430, veered off the road, went down an embankment and overturned in a small body of water, police said

raybec 4
05-10-2017, 11:41 AM
I've been married 20 years and I know eventually one of us will bite it, but after all this time I can't possibly imagine my life without her. I feel for Berman even though I felt he was over rated on TV, this has to suck.

raybec 4
05-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Oh shit! Big Black, Mrs Berman who's next? HAS ANYONE SEEN JOHN GOODMAN???????

wazu
05-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Or he could find a chick to fill his void, whilst he fills hers

He probably will. At his age it's not the same, though. A lifetime of memories that he can't reflect on with someone new and have it be the same. Doesn't mean he won't find happiness but it's a void that can't be filled.

threebag
05-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Oh shit! Big Black, Mrs Berman who's next? HAS ANYONE SEEN JOHN GOODMAN???????

Rosie O'Donnell or Whoopi Goldberg please...

ModSocks
05-10-2017, 11:52 AM
There really needs to be a limit on elderly drivers.

Yesterday i was almost in an accident because this little old, white haired women, too diminutive to see over the steering wheel, was driving head on at me on a single lane, one way street.

Luckily i had enough shoulder room to just barely avoid a head on collision. The woman did nothing to avert the accident.

You see that kind of shit far too often with elderly drivers.

Demonpenz
05-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Ban Jitterbugs

KChiefs1
05-10-2017, 12:36 PM

I won't make any judgments but I hope the 87 year old wasn't the fault of the accident.

jallmon
05-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Sad news. RIP

KChiefs1
05-10-2017, 12:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170510/2a5346a100aba357ecabae5b428d7bea.jpg

ModSocks
05-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Right

Uhm.....lol.

Maybe you should google "Lexus SC 430"?

Psssst....that's clearly not a Lexus in the pic. That's certainly the ol' man's ride.

threebag
05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
I won't make any judgments but I hope the 87 year old wasn't the fault of the accident.

With all that experience driving he had you assume it wasn't the female driver?

Frazod
05-10-2017, 06:02 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170510/2a5346a100aba357ecabae5b428d7bea.jpg

So many of these guys get rich and famous and shitcan their wives for plastic snowbunnies. I always appreciate the ones who don't.

Damn shame that this happened.

BlackHelicopters
05-10-2017, 06:05 PM
I have loss in my heart, even as I have loathed Berman for years.

threebag
05-10-2017, 06:19 PM
So many of these guys get rich and famous and shitcan their wives for plastic snowbunnies. I always appreciate the ones who don't.

Doesn't mean he didn't "work late" a few nights hosing an intern

lewdog
05-10-2017, 06:52 PM
The driver's license renewal laws for the elderly here in AZ are a joke. I had a 90 year old lady who was in the early stages of dementia who had just had her license renewed........for 4 more years. Not like dementia could advance much in 4 years right?!?! It's seriously scary as shit.

Pablo
05-10-2017, 06:59 PM

Yesterday i was almost in an accident because this little old, white haired women, too diminutive to see over the steering wheel, was driving head on at me on a single lane, one way street.

Luckily i had enough shoulder room to just barely avoid a head on collision. The woman did nothing to avert the accident.

You see that kind of shit far too often with elderly drivers.I agree. Tests every two years once you hit 55.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2017, 07:03 PM
when the other car hit her head snapped back back back back back....

Hammock Parties
05-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Chris Berman was fucking hot women on the side for years.

http://deadspin.com/166410/he--could--go--all--the--way

But my friend was seriously putting the moves on this somewhat attractive young woman, who was wearing leather pants and had a leather jacket draped over her lap. They had been chatting at the bar for about an hour, and my friend thought he was in the house. I had never seen someone work so hard for a score.

But just as he was putting on the finishing touches, Chris Berman walks by. And without even breaking stride, Berman looks at the girl, points and says "You're with me, leather." And the girl looks up, instantly recognizes Berman, snatches up her jacket and walks out with him, leaving my friend in mid-sentence.

Because we made another call to independently confirm this tale, "You're with me, leather," now officially enters the pantheon of Chris Bermanisms, of which there were probably several more uttered later during the evening in question. Yeah, we should have noted earlier that this thing gets really horrifying if you think about it too much.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2017, 07:07 PM
I mean come on.

Within an hour of posting that item, our inbox was flooded with similar Berman stories. We had no idea the man could chase a skirt with such aplomb. Here are a couple of our favorites:

Berman would have hit on me too ... If his wife weren't standing right next to him.

Berman's seat was next to me at a Jackson Browne show. By the end, when everyone was dancing (really), he was dancing more with me than his wife. He signed my stub, "Rock Me On The Water."

So, I find this "leather" story rather easy to believe.

A guy I was with was working an excruciatingly hot woman at the bar for about an hour.

Suddenly in walks Boomer and stops right in front of the woman, reaches out, and grabs her by the arm (gently). She gets up, as we all look on in disbelief, and they take off together never to be seen again.

I did not hear any cute pickup lines but whatever he did was enough to make her leave immediately and leave her cell phone and digi cam.

Rain Man
05-10-2017, 07:16 PM
I agree. Tests every two years once you hit 55.

55? You're not even getting an Arby's discount at 55.

listopencil
05-10-2017, 07:37 PM
55? You're not even getting an Arby's discount at 55.

The law should probably look at successful car insurance company stats and how they charge people as they get older.

Otter
05-10-2017, 07:39 PM
If that's all they have it's pretty weak. He's a performer who is at the top of his craft and puts pressure on himself to deliver at the highest level. He's got distractions happening while he's trying to put on a good show and so he gets upset and drops a few f-bombs. Big deal. Yep. Always loved Chris Berman. Anyone with a high stress job has lost it at one point or another.</br></br>Fuck the haters!

KChiefs1
05-10-2017, 07:40 PM

55?

70 makes more sense to me.

Rain Man
05-10-2017, 07:48 PM
The law should probably look at successful car insurance company stats and how they charge people as they get older.

In that case we're kicking the 16 year olds off the road, too.

Pablo
05-10-2017, 08:06 PM
55?

70 makes more sense to me.

He said elderly. I just threw an elderly number out there.

LMAO

PunkinDrublic
05-10-2017, 09:55 PM
That's a long time to be married. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Berman set this up, cut her brake lines or something. Berman may have retired and got fed up with not having any excuse to not be around his wife all the time.

Just a theory.

EPodolak
05-10-2017, 10:07 PM
A family lost a wife and mom, very difficult time for them. Sorry for the loss of life.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2017, 10:12 PM
I mean come on.

He whispered in their ear.. "2 for 20"

Dylan
05-11-2017, 01:11 AM
Watch NEWS 8 video eyewitness gives chilling interview about the two car deadly crash.

http://wtnh.com/2017/05/10/both-drivers-die-in-two-car-crash-in-woodbury/

Condolences go out to all.

threebag
05-11-2017, 01:37 AM
So she rear ended him? She must have been flying

Why Not?
05-11-2017, 04:34 AM
That's a long time to be married. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Berman set this up, cut her brake lines or something. Berman may have retired and got fed up with not having any excuse to not be around his wife all the time.

Just a theory.

I think you watch to many CSI like shows or something.

bowener
05-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Man, 50 years from now when I'm in my 80s, automated vehicles are going to be the tits. My nursing home is going to be like my early 2000s dorm. Everybody high on weed playing halo and listening to snoop. Getting old doesn't sound too bad when I think of it that way.

Rausch
05-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Prayers to him and his...

Halfcan
05-11-2017, 11:24 AM

:shake:

Better make it 25, cause once you hit 26 it is all down hill. Anyone older than 30 should be dealt with Logans Run style.

Rausch
05-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Man, 50 years from now when I'm in my 80s, automated vehicles are going to be the tits.

ROFL

You'll be mapping the 84 degrees of sexuality and micro-expressions for the next 20 years...

KChiefs1
05-11-2017, 11:29 AM
“This is a very difficult time for both families……my father was coming home from the cemetery where he went everyday to visit my mother. He was healthy, happy, and drove the speed limit. He was 87, but never had an accident or a speeding ticket. He leaves behind 5 children, 7 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren.”

threebag
05-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Doesn't seem like age had much to do with the accident.

Dylan
05-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Doesn't seem like age had much to do with the accident.

I agree with your previous post regarding speed.

I am sure there will be an investigation that will determine the reason Mrs. Berman's Lexus had rear-ended the man's car resulting in his death.

I am under the impression if a car hits you from behind, that it is most likely considered that driver's fault. The rule is you should leave enough space in front in order to stop suddenly.

Perhaps, as a racing fan I understand that Mrs. Berman's car traveled too far upon impact landing upside down off to the side of the road to rule out speed and distraction.

ModSocks
05-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Man, 50 years from now when I'm in my 80s, automated vehicles are going to be the tits. My nursing home is going to be like my early 2000s dorm. Everybody high on weed playing halo and listening to snoop. Getting old doesn't sound too bad when I think of it that way.

Well when you put it like that.....

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3owyoYjmvDijECcQTu" width="480" height="370" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/3owyoYjmvDijECcQTu">via GIPHY</a></p>

Easy 6
05-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Had to go renew my license last week, while waiting I watched a very old granny - probably 80 or so - take her eye test for license renewal

She literally couldnt read any of it, it went on and on even longer than described here

'Well thats an X there, right?'

No its not an X the employee said

'Then the next one is a P?'

No its not a P the lady says

'Ok then the next one is a Z?'

I'm sorry hun, but its not a Z the lady says

So then the employee has her move down to a different machine and read a larger line, and the old gal only guesses one of maybe 6-7 right

Finally the employee told her that she had failed, but that her license wasnt being canceled on the spot, although she would have to see an eye doc within the week and bring back a statement declaring her vision as sound

Could hardly believe it as I watched the old bird get into her Buick Enclave and drive away... blind as a bat, but allowed to leave the facility after an abject failure on the eye test

I totally sympathize with old folks facing the loss of their mobility/independence, it must be an incredibly depressing thing, something well all face one day... but I couldnt help but be a little angry that she was allowed to leave on her own

I'm telling you that old gal couldnt see SHIT, only got one or two letters right on two different tests

New World Order
05-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Had to go renew my license last week, while waiting I watched a very old granny - probably 80 or so - take her eye test for license renewal

She literally couldnt read any of it, it went on and on even longer than described here

So then the employee has her move down to a different machine and read a larger line, and the old gal only guesses one of maybe 6-7 right

Finally the employee told her that she had failed, but that her license wasnt being canceled on the spot, although she would have to see an eye doc within the week and bring back a statement declaring her vision as sound

Could hardly believe it as I watched the old bird get into her Buick Enclave and drive away... blind as a bat, but allowed to leave the facility after an abject failure on the eye test

I totally sympathize with old folks facing the loss of their mobility/independence, it must be an incredibly depressing thing, something well all face one day... but I couldnt help but be a little angry that she was allowed to leave on her own

I'm telling you that old gal couldnt see SHIT, only got one or two letters right on two different tests

Haha

threebag
05-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Was vail in the passenger seat getting ready to take head?

Bugeater
05-11-2017, 04:52 PM
I agree with your previous post regarding speed.

I am sure there will be an investigation that will determine the reason Mrs. Berman's Lexus had rear-ended the man's car resulting in his death.

I am under the impression if a car hits you from behind, that it is most likely considered that driver's fault. The rule is you should leave enough space in front in order to stop suddenly.

Perhaps, as a racing fan I understand that Mrs. Berman's car traveled too far upon impact landing upside down off to the side of the road to rule out speed and distraction.
That's generally true, but it's horseshit. I wouldn't be surprised if the old fart was lost and stopped in the middle of the roadway or some stupid shit like that. Yes you should leave enough space to stop suddenly but if you come around a bend on a highway at 60mph and all of sudden there's a car stopped in your traffic lane there's not much you can do. It looks like it happened in a remote area so there's not much reason to encounter a vehicle that is slowed or stopped.

KCUnited
05-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Old vs Female, hard to take a speculative stand on this one. Had she been reversing, clearly her gender is at fault, but a rear-ending, too close to call without more info.

Baby Lee
05-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Old vs Female, hard to take a speculative stand on this one. Had she been reversing, clearly her gender is at fault, but a rear-ending, too close to call without more info.

No way to know at a distance. The vagaries of human activity will constantly surprise you.

This reminds me of the time about 15 years ago, driving to work in the morning, on the far side of the city so traffic was light. A girl driving the fast lane, me in the middle lane about 2 car lengths behind. Suddenly, she's going perpendicular across all three lanes, hits the shoulder, and flips into standing water on the side fo the interstate similar to what Mrs. Berman perished in.

Got her out of the upside down car, and waited for authorities. To this day I have no idea what caused her to go wonky, and she said she didn't know either [I didn't press it]. She could have dozed off, or been on the phone, or had her front tire blow, or her steering mechanism fail. Luckily, no one was hurt.

That said, that's a lot of tragedy and carnage for such a sedate, level, tree-lined causeway in this incident.

listopencil
05-11-2017, 06:46 PM
In that case we're kicking the 16 year olds off the road, too.

New law: Anyone under 30 has to be accompanied by someone over 70.

threebag
05-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Think she was swiping right on her tinder app?

Frazod
05-11-2017, 06:57 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/yZZUGno22TZPa/giphy.gif

Easy 6
05-11-2017, 07:04 PM

LMAO thats her

KChiefs1
05-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Haven't watched that movie in years...need to watch again soon.

bsroyals54
05-11-2017, 11:37 PM

Statistics show that elderly drivers cause more accidents than drunk drivers... Time to Logans Run the US.

Squalor2
05-12-2017, 12:23 AM
the best and worst of chiefsplanet in a thread.

threebag
05-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Wonder if she was drinking and driving?

Inspector
05-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Reminds me of something I saw...I think here on Chiefsplanet. I used to put it with my email sig at work.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car".