PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Next few years...what's your plan for succes?

Couch-Potato
05-14-2017, 11:35 PM
So we drafted Alex's replacement but we have some holes left over, a lack of cap space, and no #1 pick next year...Play GM for us and tell us your 2-3 year plan for success. How to develop young QB? what positions to draft? who to let go and target in FA/trade?

eDave
05-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Mahomes sits all year. Continue to fill needs.

Couch-Potato
05-15-2017, 12:02 AM
I also believe Mahomes should sit all year and learn as much as possible from Alex, and hope he experiences a decent playoff run behind him. I'm not sure Mahomes get's the keys to start year 1 either. I think we go in year 2 suggesting that hands down Mahomes is backup, then switching mid-year that way we lock in Alex as our solid backup for the year as cushion.

I'd like to see us restructure someone and bring in Gerald Hodges this year, he's still young and could help to solidify the defense, although we'd still require a #2 CB. I know this is unpopular, but I'd love to see us bring in Josh Gordon on a prove it deal if let go by Browns and reinstated this year or next. Reid is a perfect fit for him, and he and Hill would have defenses going crazy with Mahomes' broken plays. The next year we'd just let Maclin go and pay Gordon. We'd be pretty much set at that point, we'd just need to find a solid CB, replacement OLB & ILB in the draft for DJ and Hali.

Baby Lee
05-15-2017, 12:08 AM
We should start with spelling success correctly.

Chief Northman
05-15-2017, 12:18 AM
I've said it in other threads:

Wait until post-June 1st to save a bit on getting rid of dead wood. I don't think Demetrius Harris and one of Zach Fulton/Jah Reid are safe. Justin March and T. Smith will be cut. Bring in Hodges and G. Barnidge to really beef up the ILB and TE spots. Get them on one year deals which buys time for Eligwe, Ross Travis, and a hedge against Escobar if he plays like a turd.

Profit.

Titty Meat
05-15-2017, 01:04 AM
Mahomes sits all year. Continue to fill needs.

This

Why Not?
05-15-2017, 03:25 AM

Thread

bigjosh
05-15-2017, 03:54 AM
Hali, johnson, alex all gone after this season. Frees up 25 mil in cap space. Sign peters to an extension, bring in a veteran ilb, resign logan if he performs, if not we have depth on the d line. Get mahomes another receiver (if maclin doesnt get back on track/someone doesnt step up) resign bray to be the back up(they must have some faith in him to keep him around 5 years and ditch 2 other drafted qbs) if Terrence Mitchell keeps up the good work give him an extension before he costs too much. Keep the offensive line together(unless there are better options that fall to us in the draft.)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bevischief
05-15-2017, 05:49 AM

this.

Hammock Parties
05-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Hire bounty hunters to end the bloodlines of Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassel and Alex Smith.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
05-15-2017, 07:09 AM
Hire bounty hunters to end the bloodlines of Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassel and Alex Smith.

Scumbag sociopath Clay at it again.

RunKC
05-15-2017, 07:27 AM
2017-Alex in 2018 unless we are out of the playoffs in December or Alex gets hurt.
2018-cut Alex. Start Mahomes and keep Bray/Stave as backups.
Cut Tamba,Bailey, Reid etc and extend Ford, Logan and Mitchell.
Sign a couple good FA's and go for it

Couch-Potato
05-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Chiefs don't deserve to spell succes with a second S until we win a second playoff game, but seriously what do you guys think? Anyone have an impact player we can target in FA, trade, or draft that would take this squad over the top?

Reerun_KC
05-15-2017, 07:37 AM
Chiefs don't deserve to spell succes with a second S until we win a second playoff game, but seriously what do you guys think? Anyone have an impact player we can target in FA, trade, or draft that would take this squad over the top?

You just drafted that player.

Rasputin
05-15-2017, 08:22 AM
My plan of success next few years revolves hard work and determination. Mostly determination because my job isn't that hard at times it is but most of the time it's just putting in the time for hours and overtime. If I can just get a grasp on my budget then maybe good things will come at last and I won't have to work 70 hours a week.

My plan for now is work work work and so I can fish fish fish when the fishing is good.

Couch-Potato
05-15-2017, 08:25 AM
You just drafted that player.

True. I suppose I'm just not sure that gets us all the way, I think we need to pair him with another talented WR and fill some holes on defense etc...

Best22
05-15-2017, 08:37 AM
2017. Ride with Alex as starter. Sign free agent OLB.

2018 (Assuming Alex is still Alex and we don't make AFCCG)
Cut or trade Alex. Cut Hali. Use freed up cap space on free agents and to resign impact players. Start Mahomes. Draft well. Win

Baby Lee
05-15-2017, 08:45 AM

In case you haven't heard, we drafted a QB. Don't worry about it.

MahiMike
05-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Hali, johnson, alex all gone after this season. Frees up 25 mil in cap space. Sign peters to an extension, bring in a veteran ilb, resign logan if he performs, if not we have depth on the d line. Get mahomes another receiver (if maclin doesnt get back on track/someone doesnt step up) resign bray to be the back up(they must have some faith in him to keep him around 5 years and ditch 2 other drafted qbs) if Terrence Mitchell keeps up the good work give him an extension before he costs too much. Keep the offensive line together(unless there are better options that fall to us in the draft.)

TIMmay!

bigjosh
05-15-2017, 06:00 PM
TIMmay!
Wrong character bro. 😂 Jimmy.

RealSNR
05-15-2017, 06:20 PM
Cut old dudes. Trade Alex. Re-sign Peters. Let Dorsey dumpster dive for free agents.

A winner is us.

Couch-Potato
05-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Cut old dudes. Trade Alex. Re-sign Peters. Let Dorsey dumpster dive for free agents.

A winner is us.

What do you think we can get for Alex? and which teams do you feel will have interest?

Rasputin
05-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

chiefscafan
05-16-2017, 11:16 AM
There was interest from teams for Alex this year. If he gets us to playoffs next year there will be next Offseason too. Some team that thinks they are a QB from the Super Bowl.

Trade Alex cut or sign to smaller deals DJ And Halli. If Logan does well resign. Same with Mitchell. Cut dead weight get an ILB. Draft well , extend Marcus peters, and roll the dice with Mahomes.

Beef Supreme
05-16-2017, 11:21 AM
My plan is to talk shit on CP.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Diversify investments and max out 401k

Titty Meat
05-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Get my dick wet