PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs hire Tim Terry to be new Pro Personnel Director

Quesadilla Joe
05-17-2017, 07:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> are hiring <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash">#Packers</a> Assistant Director of Pro Personnel Tim Terry to be their new Director of Pro Personnel, source said. Key hire.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/865016406882082816">May 18, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
05-17-2017, 07:46 PM
https://twitter.com/eric_edholm/status/865016495952326660

On my phone or I would embed

JakeF
05-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Kansas City Packers

jjchieffan
05-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Another quality personnel hire for Dorsey.

ThaVirus
05-17-2017, 07:59 PM
The Packersfication of the Chiefs continues!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Holy shit ! this is a great hire!

Never heard of him

jjchieffan
05-17-2017, 08:10 PM
Tim Terry, a former NFL linebacker, enters his 13th season with the Packers’ pro personnel department after joining the team Oct. 11, 2004. Terry’s primary duties are scouting professional prospects in the NFL, CFL and Arena Football League, working under Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson. He also is involved with in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents.

In 2008, Terry was named assistant director of pro personnel after serving as a pro personnel assistant the previous three years. During the 2007 season, he continued to work in the personnel department while also serving as the director of player development, helping to maintain locker-room cohesiveness and assisting players in acclimating to their roles, both on and off the field.

The 42-year-old Terry originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Temple with the Cincinnati Bengals in 1997. As a rookie, he saw action in five games, logging three stops and five special teams tackles. Terry spent the 1998 season on the team’s practice squad.

In 1999, he went to camp with the Kansas City Chiefs, but was released and subsequently signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL, helping that club to a Grey Cup championship.

Terry joined the Seattle Seahawks’ practice squad in early 2000 before being signed to the active roster on Nov. 10, and finished the season by playing in six games, collecting two special teams stops and forcing a fumble on a kickoff return.

Terry saw action in all 16 games for Seattle each of the following two seasons (2001-02), with his best professional campaign coming in 2002, when he took over as a starter for the final eight games after LB Chad Brown (broken foot) was lost to injury. That year, Terry posted a career-high 42 tackles, including one sack, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

He was released by the Seahawks during training camp in 2003. His NFL career included 43 games played (eight starts), 55 tackles, 3˝ sacks and 19 special teams stops.

Collegiately, Terry played in all 44 games with 43 starts as a defensive lineman during his four seasons at Temple, finishing his career with 208 tackles. As a senior, he started all 11 games despite a groin pull, posting 56 tackles, five sacks and a team-high 11 quarterback pressures.

Terry holds a B.S. degree in political science with a minor in African-American studies. He obtained his master’s degree in management at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay in the winter of 2011. Terry was also a recipient of The Network Journal’s 40 Under Forty achievement award in 2012.

An all-state selection at Hempstead (N.Y.) High School, he also lettered in track, basketball and lacrosse.

Born July 26, 1974, in Hempstead, N.Y., Terry resides in Green Bay. He has a daughter, Zoe, 15, and two sons, Timothy II, 12, and Jayden, 8. In his spare time, he is involved with the Brown County Jail’s Malachi Dad Program and is a serving board member of the Journey House in Milwaukee.

Hoover
05-17-2017, 08:11 PM
So he's coming home!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-17-2017, 08:12 PM
So, why is he leaving GB. Did they request his resignation ?

TrebMaxx
05-17-2017, 08:32 PM
I would say going from assistant director to director played a part in the move.

alpha_omega
05-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Interesting, Grey Cup winner.

Baby Lee
05-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Big news. Important news.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2017, 10:40 PM
Another quality personnel hire for Dorsey.

Yeah, because the Packers have been kicking ass lately?

:rolleyes:

You know nothing.

RealSNR
05-17-2017, 10:48 PM

You know nothing.

Do we know the circumstances of the other guy leaving?

It could be that Dorsey really wanted this Terry guy for that job and decided to make a switch/upgrade.

Not saying that's what happened. Just seems like a strong possibility when a front office releases somebody for no reason known to the public and then hires a person with as strong of a connection to the man in charge as Terry obviously does to Dorsey, going all the way back to 2004.

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Do we know the circumstances of the other guy leaving?

It could be that Dorsey really wanted this Terry guy for that job and decided to make a switch/upgrade.

Not saying that's what happened. Just seems like a strong possibility when a front office releases somebody for no reason known to the public and then hires a person with as strong of a connection to the man in charge as Terry obviously does to Dorsey, going all the way back to 2004.

The Packers have been fairly awful in regards to drafting for several years so from my perspective, it feels like a "Bro" move. I'm not judging but what?

Instead of being the "Patriots" of the NFC, they've been mediocre for 7 years. They started 4-6 last year before losing in the NFC Championship game, which further proves the NFC is way behind the AFC.

Obviously, I'm skeptical. I hope he works out for 2018. How about an ILBer worth a shit?

Oh yeah, Green Bay's defense sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2017, 05:56 AM
Dorsey has proven that he is his own man, so whatever role or capacity in which this new guy works, he'll be operating within our GM's paradigms.

I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-18-2017, 06:06 AM
We have Dorsey/Reid/Mahomy. It's all good!

HemiEd
05-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Kansas City Packers

At least it isn't the 49ers or Patriots anymore.

chiefzilla1501
05-18-2017, 06:12 AM
The downside of losing Ballard is you lose a talented front office guy. The upside is Kansas city has now become a place where top personnel guys go to groom for a gm job. It's a good problem to have.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2017, 06:15 AM
At least it isn't the 49ers or Patriots anymore.

This. Thank god this.

The downside of losing Ballard is you lose a talented front office guy. The upside is Kansas city has now become a place where top personnel guys go to groom for a gm job. It's a good problem to have.

Indeed. KC as a franchise is absolutely an "arrow up" affair.

Frosty
05-18-2017, 06:38 AM
The Packers have been fairly awful in regards to drafting for several years so from my perspective, it feels like a "Bro" move. I'm not judging but what?

Except this guy didn't appear to have anything to do with drafting.

Tim Terry, a former NFL linebacker, enters his 13th season with the Packers’ pro personnel department after joining the team Oct. 11, 2004. Terry’s primary duties are scouting professional prospects in the NFL, CFL and Arena Football League, working under Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson. He also is involved with in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents.

It looks like he is going to be doing something similar with the Chiefs.

That said, I don't now how the Packers did with free agents, except they didn't tend to sign many.

staylor26
05-18-2017, 06:49 AM

Instead of being the "Patriots" of the NFC, they've been mediocre for 7 years. They started 4-6 last year before losing in the NFC Championship game, which further proves the NFC is way behind the AFC.

Obviously, I'm skeptical. I hope he works out for 2018. How about an ILBer worth a shit?

He's a pro personnel guy, so it's difficult to judge him based on the Packers drafts and lack of activity in free agency :shrug:

staylor26
05-18-2017, 06:52 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/eric_edholm/status/865016495952326660

This guy, whoever the fuck he is, loves the move

RealSNR
05-18-2017, 07:00 AM

Yeah, the higher ups in the front office staff deserve some blame all around, but the majority of that needs to be directed at the real guy in charge-- Ted Thompson.

An assistant pro personnel director who has absolutely zero control over the coins in the purse can't be blamed when the guy with control of the free agent decisions doesn't do shit.

wazu
05-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Yeah, the higher ups in the front office staff deserve some blame all around, but the majority of that needs to be directed at the real guy in charge-- Ted Thompson.

An assistant pro personnel director who has absolutely zero control over the coins in the purse can't be blamed when the guy with control of the free agent decisions doesn't do shit.

Can't really be credited with anything either. Definitely screams "bro" hire.

Rooster
05-18-2017, 07:17 AM
I went to high school with a Tim Terry. Probably not the same guy though. :)

RunKC
05-18-2017, 07:27 AM

You know nothing.

This is an extremely unfair critic Dane. Idk if the guy is going to be good or not, but the Packers struggles are mostly due to Ted Thompson.

You can't have a guy guy scouting professional prospects and the GM not want to bring any in bc they don't believe in FA.

RealSNR
05-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Can't really be credited with anything either. Definitely screams "bro" hire.

Absolutely it's a bro hire. I think that's exactly what Dorsey wants, though. Similar mindsets. Cohesion of ideas. Bro hires usually smell bad, and this one definitely has a faint odor to it, but occasionally these kinds of things work out.

And as we've learned from Pioli, it's really tough to assign "credit" to these underlings in GM offices as well. "This is the man who drafted Tom Brady! And had the vision to take Richard Seymour even when it was viewed as a reach! He finds players in weird places and makes them fit in a giant puzzle that is a 3-team Super Bowl championship team! He's a genius!" Uh-huh. Right. Some genius he turned out to be. Motherfucker made this team's reputation so goddamn toxic that they barely find two people interested in being its head coach. Jesus, we struggled just to find candidates for the offensive coordinator position, and the guy we ended up settling on was Brian Daboll!

If you trust Dorsey, I guess trust him on this one? I have no freakin clue what the guy before him was doing (hell, I can't even remember his name), but Dorsey obviously believes this is a necessary change.

chiefzilla1501
05-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Absolutely it's a bro hire. I think that's exactly what Dorsey wants, though. Similar mindsets. Cohesion of ideas. Bro hires usually smell bad, and this one definitely has a faint odor to it, but occasionally these kinds of things work out.

And as we've learned from Pioli, it's really tough to assign "credit" to these underlings in GM offices as well. "This is the man who drafted Tom Brady! And had the vision to take Richard Seymour even when it was viewed as a reach! He finds players in weird places and makes them fit in a giant puzzle that is a 3-team Super Bowl championship team! He's a genius!" Uh-huh. Right. Some genius he turned out to be. Mother****er made this team's reputation so goddamn toxic that they barely find two people interested in being its head coach. Jesus, we struggled just to find candidates for the offensive coordinator position, and the guy we ended up settling on was Brian Daboll!

If you trust Dorsey, I guess trust him on this one? I have no freakin clue what the guy before him was doing (hell, I can't even remember his name), but Dorsey obviously believes this is a necessary change.

Well, something to keep in mind...
Ballard was a disaster in Chicago but we hired him anyway and it worked out really well. Allen and McCracken were let go even though the front office has been doing well. So I'm not too worried about what they've done lately.

Veach, borgonzi, and Marvin Allen are all outside hires (though Veach was a Reid guy) and actually borgonzi and Allen were connected to Pioli. Will Allen, who was fired, was off the Thompson tree. So I dont think Dorsey is a bro guy.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2017, 08:33 AM
What manner of man is this who can summon up fire without flint or tinder?

Buehler445
05-18-2017, 10:26 AM

Yeah, its pro personnel, not drafting. But GB virtually never brings in a FA so it's hard to tell. There just isn't much to read into with this.

If the guy we let go was actually responsible for some of our good FA guys, this might be bad, but who knows who actually made those calls.

I'll wait and see. One thing I know is Dorsey is a real live GM, not these frauds that have been here since forever. He's earned some rope to hang himself with.

wazu
05-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Well, whatever Dorsey thinks. He drafted Mahomes, so he's already the best GM of my lifetime.

Rausch
05-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Well, whatever Dorsey thinks. He drafted Mahomes, so he's already the best GM of my lifetime.

He might not be the best but he's fearless...

staylor26
05-18-2017, 11:01 AM
I remember when people were crying nepotism when we made Reid our DL coach....