PDA

View Full Version : Misc Chris Cornell (Audioslave / Soundgarden) dead at 52

Mephistopheles Janx
05-18-2017, 02:23 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/chris-cornell-audioslave-soundgarden-singer-has-died-aged-52/

According to his representative, rocker Chris Cornell, who gained fame as the lead singer of Soundgarden and later Audioslave, has died at age 52.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Brian Bumbery says Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit.

Bumbery called the death "sudden and unexpected" and said his wife and family were shocked by it. The statement said the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.

Cornell was still a working musician until very recently, and performed a show hours before he died. He was last pictured by the press was a little over a month ago, at a screening of The Promise in New York with his two daughters.

Ming the Merciless
05-18-2017, 02:27 AM
Holy shit...I saw him play recently. It was one of the best performances I've ever seen...

I'm sad

Why Not?
05-18-2017, 02:37 AM
Shitty. He also created Temple of the Dog which had a couple great songs(Hunger Strike, Say Hello to Heaven). Great musician.

EPodolak
05-18-2017, 02:45 AM
Just saw this news on Yahoo. I'm shocked. Heard two great Soundgarden songs tonight after work on Pandora. Another great talent cuts out early, completely shocked.

sT7obG2V0lA

ySzrJ4GRF7s

beach tribe
05-18-2017, 02:59 AM
Wow.

If he was a hard user he kept it under wraps.

I mean, he was a rock star though, so who knows.

Sandy Vagina
05-18-2017, 03:42 AM
Had not kept up recently, but was a fan of his earlier work. RIP

Marcellus
05-18-2017, 03:47 AM
Son of a bitch. One of my favorite singers ever.

Coochie liquor
05-18-2017, 03:53 AM
Wow, that's crazy. Was a big Soundgarden fan in the 90's. Heard he was a dick to work with, but was a hell of a musician! Rip

FlaChief58
05-18-2017, 04:30 AM
One of my favs. RIP :(

ottawa_chiefs_fan
05-18-2017, 04:59 AM
awwwww...shit

jonzie04
05-18-2017, 05:06 AM
No idea how to embed on my phone. This version of beyond the wheel is fucking amazing. R.I.P. To one of the best vocalists of all time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTr8BNLqrOM

mdchiefsfan
05-18-2017, 05:10 AM
Damn, this sucks.

POND_OF_RED
05-18-2017, 05:33 AM
Holy shit. Just got to see Soundgarden at the Beale Street Music Festival a couple weekends ago. How crazy. They were still amazing. Sad to see. RIP

Red Beans
05-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Shitty news. RIP.

Sfeihc
05-18-2017, 05:42 AM
Local news reports are saying suicide is the cause of death.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2017, 05:51 AM
Great singer. RIP.

Deberg_1990
05-18-2017, 05:54 AM
Man. Bummer

RIP. You have us some great tunes

LiveSteam
05-18-2017, 06:09 AM
Drag

Marcellus
05-18-2017, 06:13 AM
I just remembered they were supposed to headline the Saturday of Rocklahoma. Shit I hope they find a good replacement band.

Munson
05-18-2017, 06:21 AM
RIP. He was a hell of a singer. Soundgarden was one of my favorite bands as a teenager in the 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rico
05-18-2017, 06:22 AM
Ahhhhh!!!!! Shitty.

lewdog
05-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Terrible news to awaken to.

One of the greatest voices in rock.

threebag
05-18-2017, 06:36 AM
Damn, sad day in the music world. One of my favorites for sure. RIP

raybec 4
05-18-2017, 06:37 AM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WC5FdFlUcl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
05-18-2017, 06:41 AM
Fuck.

eDave
05-18-2017, 06:42 AM
---

People my age dropping all around me.

Gonzo
05-18-2017, 06:44 AM
Dammit

Pennywise
05-18-2017, 06:45 AM
Wow.

Buehler445
05-18-2017, 06:51 AM
Goddamn man.

He was a hell of a musician. His cover of nothing compares 2 you is one of my favorite songs ever. RIP.

Spott
05-18-2017, 07:00 AM
That sucks. Soundgarden was great in concert. Saw them in the fall of 90 in Phoenix with Danzig and when they opened up for Skid Row in 92'.

tooge
05-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Dammit. I was just chillin by a lake last weekend and damn near every song we were listening to was sung by him. He will be missed. Birth Ritual was my favorite screaming song of his. RIP

Pennywise
05-18-2017, 07:02 AM
That sucks. Soundgarden was great in concert. Saw them in the fall of 70 in Phoenix with Danzig and when they opened up for Skid Row in 92'.

I saw them in 96 co headlining Lloapalooza with Metallica at Rockinham, N.C., and it was an awesome show.

Ash
05-18-2017, 07:04 AM
From the movie Singles soundtrack, Birth ritual... great track.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5b1ZDbzg96Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v4ygBladNLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spott
05-18-2017, 07:11 AM
I saw them in 96 co headlining Lloapalooza with Metallica at Rockinham, N.C., and it was an awesome show.

They were one of those bands that were even better live than in a studio. Not many bands are like that, IMO. Seeing his recent pics he looks much like Layne Staley did before he died.

Rausch
05-18-2017, 07:39 AM
I was just talking yesterday about wanting to see him live.

Damn. He was one of the best to come out of the early 90's/Grunge era...

Rausch
05-18-2017, 07:40 AM
From the movie Singles soundtrack, Birth ritual... great track.

Great soundtrack...

Rooster
05-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Damn. I hated to hear this. Great talent. RIP

raybec 4
05-18-2017, 07:52 AM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g5SZVmsFxxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scho63
05-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Roger Ailes of Fox News and Chris Cornell of Soundgarden both R.I.P. yesterday

Who will be the third?

redfan
05-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Dammit!! The universe's grudge against grunge continues:

Cobain, Staley, Weiland, and now Cornell.
RIP to an incredible talent

Eleazar
05-18-2017, 08:31 AM
That is crazy.

I saw him on the Songbook tour he did a few years ago. (The resulting live album is worth a listen) It was just him by himself on the stage with a bunch of acoustic guitars (and a record player he used for the piano on When I'm Down). One of the better shows I have seen.

Enjoyed his solo stuff a lot, very sorry to hear of his passing.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 08:33 AM
That sucks. Soundgarden was great in concert. Saw them in the fall of 90 in Phoenix with Danzig and when they opened up for Skid Row in 92'.

I saw them that tour with Skid Row as well. It was my birthday. After the show we were leaving and walking by the tour buses. The Sound Garden guys were all hanging outside the bus having some beers. My friend mentioned it was my B-day so they gave me a beer and we partied with them.

The Skid guys were dicks except for Bas. He was awesome to the fans. At one point it was Chris, me and Bas standing there having a beer. I was just soaking up the conversation. They were both very funny and had some great stories.

Very sad to hear Chris has passed. He had so much music left in him. Was planning to see them this tour. RIP my friend. :deevee:

scho63
05-18-2017, 08:48 AM
I saw them that tour with Skid Row as well.

I used to watch Skid Row practice in Toms River where I grew up before they become a real thing. Rachel Bolan and my next door neighbor were good friends and would take me along occasionally.

Reerun_KC
05-18-2017, 08:59 AM
So did he kill himself?

kc rush
05-18-2017, 09:26 AM
So did he kill himself?

Looks like it. This sucks.

DETROIT - Chris Cornell was found dead with a band around his neck Wednesday night inside his Detroit hotel bathroom.

http://clickondetroit.com/

Reerun_KC
05-18-2017, 09:39 AM

DETROIT - Chris Cornell was found dead with a band around his neck Wednesday night inside his Detroit hotel bathroom.

Guessthat answers that.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 09:40 AM
I used to watch Skid Row practice in Toms River where I grew up before they become a real thing. Rachel Bolan and my next door neighbor were good friends and would take me along occasionally.

Awesome! The first two Skid records were some of the best of that era- with their debut being the soundtrack of my summer that year.

I still follow Bas. His last CD was pretty damned good, he still has the pipes. His wedding was a riot- I wish I could have attended.

As far as Soundgarden- I think they were the Best out of that area with Pearl Jam and Candlebox being the runners up in my IMO. Nirvana got all the credit and sales but the other bands were much more talented imo.

Why would he kill himself? I struggle with that since losing a close friend who shot himself to death a few blocks from my house. It makes no sense. All my friend had to do is answer one of my calls and I would have helped him in any way. I am sure Chris's close friends and family are thinking the same thing. Fucking Selfish.

ModSocks
05-18-2017, 09:41 AM
This one stings.

Damn. Soundgarden was a huge part of my childhood. I'll always remember escaping the troubles of life, cruising the beach on my bike on a warm summer day with Chris Cornell blasting in my headphones. It was a daily occurrence.

RIP, Chris.

Nixhex
05-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Apparently the final song he performed in Detroit last night was a cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying". :(

KCUnited
05-18-2017, 09:50 AM

Or a David Carradine.

Eleazar
05-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Apparently the final song he performed in Detroit last night was a cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying". :(

I read that too. They have covered that song before, but apparently it had not been in the set on this tour

Shag
05-18-2017, 10:02 AM
One of the all-time great rock voices - sad we'll never hear it live again. RIP.

Rasputin
05-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Bummer :(

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Why would he kill himself?

Chris struggled with heroin addiction in the 80's and early 90's, alcoholism in the throughout the 90's and going back to 2000.

He also struggled with depression.

He joined AA, which helped him greatly and really revived his career with Soundgarden but apparently, the demons were just too great.

R.I.P.

chinaski
05-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Very sorry to hear this, RIP.

Nixhex
05-18-2017, 10:11 AM
I read that too. They have covered that song before, but apparently it had not been in the set on this tour

Set list from the stage of the show in Detroit. This song was not on it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/eh0scz.jpg

JD10367
05-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Seattle is apparently a dangerous place for musicians to mature in.

Pushead2
05-18-2017, 10:39 AM
RIP to a great rock voice.

L.A. Chieffan
05-18-2017, 10:44 AM

I went that year and they blew Metallica off the stage. Cornell's voice was so powerful live.

redfan
05-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Damn, died of choke and stroke? :shake: wtf

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Chris struggled with heroin addiction in the 80's and early 90's, alcoholism in the throughout the 90's and going back to 2000.

He also struggled with depression.

He joined AA, which helped him greatly and really revived his career with Soundgarden but apparently, the demons were just too great.

R.I.P.

All just excuses justifying the ultimate selfish act. Lots of people struggle with addiction and don't end their lives. Who hasn't stood on that cliffside and looked down into the abyss? Only the weak and selfish take that next step. I have had two close friends shoot themselves and end it all. Each time it is the families that paid the price for their actions and it never goes away. I know I sound bitter, because I am. I miss my friends and they left me with the guilt of what could I have done?

I am sure Chris's band mates, family, friends and his millions of fans all would have helped him in any way. Such a senseless tragic end for a multi- talented guy. :shake:

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 11:07 AM
All just excuses justifying the ultimate selfish act. Lots of people struggle with addiction and don't end their lives. Who hasn't stood on that cliffside and looked down into the abyss? Only the weak and selfish take that next step. I have had two close friends shoot themselves and end it all. Each time it is the families that paid the price for their actions and it never goes away. I know I sound bitter, because I am. I miss my friends and they left me with the guilt of what could I have done?

I am sure Chris's band mates, family, friends and his millions of fans all would have helped him in any way. Such a senseless tragic end for a multi- talented guy. :shake:

Thank you for your judgment

eDave
05-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Depression gives no fucks.

eDave
05-18-2017, 11:21 AM
Spoonman from last nights gig (with a sweet Deusenburg):

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UZJvemyci04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 11:22 AM

Not a judgment, just facts. Suicide is devastating to the friends and family of the victim. My friend Jeff in High School killed himself right before graduation. He was one of the most popular kids in school. It put a black cloud over our whole graduation and made it into a funeral.

My buddy Big Mike took a bunch of pills and never woke up. We were supposed to hang out that night. Talked to him about 10 pm- he said he was tired and didn't want to go out- an hour later killed himself. Just one word and I would have helped him.

Two years ago this July- my friend Mike shot himself a few blocks from his house. He had a beautiful wife, nice house, loving family, great job. Stopped taking calls and ended his life in his truck.

So if you feel my words of being selfish are harsh it is nothing compared to the pain they caused.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Depression gives no ****s.

That is what you got from my post?

Maybe you should read the looking down into the abyss part again.

eDave
05-18-2017, 11:38 AM
That is what you got from my post?

Maybe you should read the looking down into the abyss part again.

Then I will retype my original response to you:

"You don't understand depression."

Halfcan, I'm not here to fight with you and I am seeing how the loss of your friends stays with you. I too had two best friends kill themselves in a pact. When depression takes over, nothing else matters.

rocknrolla
05-18-2017, 12:08 PM
They just played Starlight in Kansas City on Sunday?

jd1020
05-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Eddie Vedder is getting nervous.

WTF is happening?

Reerun_KC
05-18-2017, 12:18 PM
Bet you a $1 he wishes he was back with his family and friends.

Sure he's not having a good day today.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Then I will retype my original response to you:

"You don't understand depression."

Halfcan, I'm not here to fight with you and I am seeing how the loss of your friends stays with you. I too had two best friends kill themselves in a pact. When depression takes over, nothing else matters.

Fair statement. I have been so rock bottom that I thought I would never get ahead. Lost Everything and was homeless living in a pos Volkswagon with a leaky rag top raining in on me when I was trying to sleep. Even though what got me to that spot was not my actions, but of others including a cheating wife- I still felt like the biggest loser ever. Hell yeah, I felt like myself and everyone else would be better off if I would take that next step.

Sounds dumb- but what pulled me out of that spiral was a stupid 70's button stuck to the ragtop. It was that lame cliche that was popular back then- I Am Loved. As I lay there with water dripping on me, I stared at the stupid ass button and thought of what my friends had done. Those selfish acts that destroyed their family. I could not do that to my kids. So I pulled myself up and fought for them. I don't even want to think about all the happy times I would have missed.

So back to your point- I guess I don't understand when a rich rock star with Everything in the world at his feet does this. I had Nothing and was able to step back and not be selfish. I don't know his family but my heart goes out to them. Terrible tragedy.

KCUnited
05-18-2017, 12:25 PM
How about choking yourself while trying to achieve the greatest nut ever, any experience there?

It hasn't been confirmed a suicide.

el borracho
05-18-2017, 12:26 PM
found dead with a band around his neck

Was it Soundgarden?

eDave
05-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Fair statement. I have been so rock bottom that I thought I would never get ahead. Lost Everything and was homeless living in a pos Volkswagon with a leaky rag top raining in on me when I was trying to sleep. Even though what got me to that spot was not my actions, but of others including a cheating wife- I still felt like the biggest loser ever. Hell yeah, I felt like myself and everyone else would be better off if I would take that next step.

Sounds dumb- but what pulled me out of that spiral was a stupid 70's button stuck to the ragtop. It was that lame cliche that was popular back then- I Am Loved. As I lay there with water dripping on me, I stared at the stupid ass button and thought of what my friends had done. Those selfish acts that destroyed their family. I could not do that to my kids. So I pulled myself up and fought for them. I don't even want to think about all the happy times I would have missed.

So back to your point- I guess I don't understand when a rich rock star with Everything in the world at his feet does this. I had Nothing and was able to step back and not be selfish. I don't know his family but my heart goes out to them. Terrible tragedy.

This is a valuable lesson that those things don't buy happiness. Maybe for a short while.

=======================================================

One side note, this has triggered a memory that has me now agreeing with you. I run with a large, close knit social group here. One woman, Heather, was my then wife's best friend and quickly became one of mine. All three of us lived together for a year when I first moved to Phoenix. She was so cool. Everyone loved her. And her husband loved her like I've never seen someone love someone. I loved her very much (not physically though she was beautiful too). Just a great friend who I know had a soft spot for me. She was full of energy and a love of life. She was wonderful.

Then she found that she couldn't have children. Fertility medication resulted in a miscarriage. That medication really messed her up mentally too. The depression came on like a freight train and quickly consumed her. And it depressed her even more about not being able to have children. We all knew and were suffering along with her. But none of us could save her.

She was going to behavioral counselling as a result with her husband and mother, who moved out here from Ohio to be with her only child through this, alternated being with her with the counselor. But on this day she went alone.

On this day in January a few years ago, she dressed in all black, went to her session, then got in a cab and driven from Phoenix to the Hoover Damn Bridge. She got out of the cab and just threw herself off the bridge. Poof, she was gone. She had HOURS to think it through and did it without hesitation. In an instant, she left everyone.

Everyone who dropped everything to be there for her through this. Everyone who really, really loved her. Everyone who cared. Everyone who is now much more closer and bonded through this. Everyone who gathers each year to celebrate her life. Even her husbands new partner.

Here is the story: https://www.casino.org/news/suicide-on-hoover-dam-bridge-shines-light-on-las-vegas-dirty-secret

I'm feeling your pain now Halfcan and my apologies if I came on indignant towards you. That photo haunts me and I haven't looked at it for a long time. That is NOT the woman I saw in the grocery store the night before. I know it's her, but I don't recognize her. It is so sad to see her like this. I wish I had never seen this photo. I cannot fathom this. I cannot fathom the fortitude to follow through.

I wish you weren't dead Heather. But I will never judge you over this because you are at peace now and with your child. And that is what we all wanted for you. I find solace in that I knew you well enough to mourn like I do.

KCUnited
05-18-2017, 12:34 PM
How about choking yourself while trying to achieve the greatest nut ever, any experience there?

It hasn't been confirmed a suicide.

And looks like it's been confirmed as a suicide by the coroner.

Carry on.

ModSocks
05-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Many of us have felt down and thought to ourselves that this is what the lowest of the low feels like and there's no coming back from it. I've felt that way plenty of times. I'd threaten myself with suicide at times, but i knew in the back of my head i'd never do it, no matter how i felt at that moment. I came across this, below. It really put shit into perspective:

http://head-heart-health.com/3583/10-things-you-should-know-before-you-kill-yourself

Hello Sir

I guess you’re pretty serious about committing suicide if you’re searching for it on the internet. There’s a hell of a lot of information out there but I wanted to tell you ten things you should know before you kill yourself.

First of all, I know you are probably a guy. That’s because 78% of people who take their own lives are male. There are lots of reasons for that, but the main one is that you keep everything bottled up inside you because you’re trying to ‘be there’ for everyone else. You don’t have to you know. Talking about how you’re feeling is the bravest thing a man can ever do. But that’s not why I’m here.

I’m here to tell you what happens next after you decide to end your pain.

ONE (1) :

The person who finds your body is probably your wife or one of your kids. You will have chosen a method that is violent and the image of your dead body with the noose, the gun or the plastic bag will be forever etched on the mind of that person who finds you. It will be the last thing she sees before she goes to sleep and the first image she sees upon waking. It will flash into her mind at random moments and leave her completely traumatised. She will forever associate colours, smells, shapes, and noises with that moment when her life was fractured into pieces.

TWO (2) :

When the police arrive, they will treat your wife as a suspect. Your death will be deemed as ‘suspicious’ and the house will be cordoned off as a crime scene. Ambulances, fire-engines and police cars will line the street. People will crane their necks to see what is going on. Your private decision will become the subject of public speculation. The room where you died will never be able to be used again. There will be stains on the chair, on the carpet, on the walls. Most likely, your family will have to move.

THREE (3) :

Your private life will be raked over by the police who will go through your wallet, your phone and your computer looking for someone to blame for your death. All the while, your wife will be unable to eat or sleep and her tears will make her beautiful eyes haunted and lost.

FOUR (4) :

There will be an autopsy to determine how you died. There will be questions about your relationship, your job, your finances, your health and your drug and alcohol consumption. If you’ve managed to destroy your body in your final act, your wife will have to formally identify you. She will no longer remember you as alive and breathing, she will only remember you lying still, battered and violated on the cold slab of a mortuary.

And all the time, the voice in her head will scream “Why?” That voice never stops.

FIVE (5) :

Your wife won’t be able to work for a long while and the money will run out. It will take months, maybe even years for her to get any sort of payout. And if you haven’t left a will, she will have to prove to the courts that she is entitled to your money. Lawyers will ask if there was another woman, other children, another life. She will have to prove that she was your wife over and over again.

SIX (6) :

Your friends and family will find it difficult to believe that you did this without provocation. They will search for someone to blame. And that person will be your wife. They will whisper that she drove you to it. They will find it hard to be around her. She will have to survive this thing on her own.

SEVEN (7) :

Your wife will blame herself. No matter what the circumstances, she will know that she didn’t love you enough or support you enough to keep you alive. Her sense of failure will overwhelm her. She will relive the last days and hours before your death searching for the moment when she could have made a difference.

EIGHT (8) :

If they report your death in the papers, the journalist will be deliberately vague. You will join the long list of men who have been “found dead”. They will never print the word suicide, but everyone will know what happened.

Bubba Smith, the American football star who found fame on screen playing Hightower in the Police Academy movies, has died at the age of 66. Smith was found dead at his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death has not been confirmed, but police have said it did not appear to be suspicious. ~ BBC News
Even your wife and children will rarely mention the word suicide when telling your story. They will fabricate a lie to cover their shame and hurt. Saying you died of a heart attack is the usual thing.

NINE (9) :

Your son won’t have you around to teach him how to drive. Your daughter will have no-one to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day. Your wife won’t have a safe place to go when her own pain needs soothing. You will miss out on their lives.

TEN (10) :

This pain of losing you doesn’t heal. It eventually gets numbed by the challenge of getting on with life with a part missing, but the thought of you is always just below the surface.

When you take your life, you take the life of your wife, your kids, your parents, your siblings and your friends. There is no choice for them. They have to live with this burden for the rest of their lives. No matter what you’ve done, no matter who you are, no-one will be better off without you.

I’m not here to tell you what to do with your life. It’s up to you. All I want to do is tell you what really happens to those of us left behind.

Sleep on it. Wait until tomorrow. Call someone. Talk.

Stay alive. We need you. We love you more than you’ll ever know.

PunkinDrublic
05-18-2017, 12:41 PM

I've read a ton of rock biographies and I'll never understand the appeal of heroin. I get that it's bar none the most difficult drug to kick but why would anyone fuck with it in the first place. So many musicians in the prime of their careers do the most depraved shit to get their next fix. That would suck being on tour and have to travel to the seedy parts of every city in the country to score some H.

Demonpenz
05-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Depression. Having the flu year round and having the feeling you just put your dog to sleep. Fun stuff.

The Franchise
05-18-2017, 12:59 PM
http://head-heart-health.com/3583/10...-kill-yourself

I've posted on here about it a couple of times but I grew up in Pierre, SD. In a three year period....11 people killed themselves. Some of them were kids that I went to school with. Some of those were because of a fucking stupid suicide pact that they all had together. First kid took his life and everyone else had agreed that they would do it too.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/05/us/in-little-city-safe-from-violence-rash-of-suicides-leaves-scars.html

What you posted made me think of one of the adults that killed himself. Dude left behind a family.....wife....2 daughters and a son. He shot himself in the head but not before he covered the entire bathroom in white sheets so that he didn't "leave behind a mess".

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 01:09 PM
This is a valuable lesson that those things don't buy happiness. Maybe for a short while.

This has triggered a memory that has me now agreeing with you. I run with a large social group here. One woman, Heather, was my then wife's best friend. Everyone loved her and she was so cool. I loved her very much (not physically though she was beautiful too).

Well, she couldn't have kids. The fertility medication they gave her made her crazy, literally. And it depressed her even more about not being able to have children.

She was going to counselling, her husband and mother, who moved out here from Ohio to be with her only daughter, alternated being with her with the counselor.

One day in January a few years ago, she simply got in a cab and was driven from Phoenix to the Hoover Damn Bridge. She got out of the cab and just threw herself off the bridge. She had HOURS to think it through and did it without hesitation.

Here is the story: https://www.casino.org/news/suicide-on-hoover-dam-bridge-shines-light-on-las-vegas-dirty-secret

I'm feeling your pain now Halfcan. That photo haunts me. That is NOT the woman I saw in the grocery store. It is so sad to see her like this. Peace.

This is the 3rd suicide story that I has come across my FB page this week. The other two were young teenagers with their whole life in front of them. I did not know the kids but my friends did and are pretty devastated by it.

It always makes me think of my buddies that didn't make it. My friend Mike was a big Royals fan- and he missed us winning the World Series. :shake:

Your friend's story is so sad. All those people that loved her. :shake:

KingPriest2
05-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Seattle is apparently a dangerous place for musicians to mature in.

Also KC. Is a death bed for bands. Brian Johnsons last concert was here with AC/DC Layne Stsley last show was in KC. And Soundgarden was just here Sunday night

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Wow- Detoxing - pretty powerful stuff.

Truth.

alpha_omega
05-18-2017, 01:17 PM

That has got to be a record for the fastest autopsy ever...don't those usually take at least a few days???

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 01:21 PM
I've posted on here about it a couple of times but I grew up in Pierre, SD. In a three year period....11 people killed themselves. Some of them were kids that I went to school with. Some of those were because of a ****ing stupid suicide pact that they all had together. First kid took his life and everyone else had agreed that they would do it too.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/05/us/in-little-city-safe-from-violence-rash-of-suicides-leaves-scars.html

What you posted made me think of one of the adults that killed himself. Dude left behind a family.....wife....2 daughters and a son. He shot himself in the head but not before he covered the entire bathroom in white sheets so that he didn't "leave behind a mess".

Holy smokes that is horrible. Those poor kids.

One of the kids I coached in Basketball came home and found his Dad hanging in the back yard. No note, warning, nothing. It messed him up pretty bad and he was going down a bad path. I worked hard with him and he straightened out. He has kids of his own now. A year later another kid on my team found his Dad (my assistant coach) dead from an intentional overdose. It changed him from a Great kid to one that ended up in prison.

You are not just killing yourself, but killing a piece of everyone that you love.

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 01:24 PM
So if you feel my words of being selfish are harsh it is nothing compared to the pain they caused.

And clearly, you have zero understanding of Clinical Depression.

Ming the Merciless
05-18-2017, 01:31 PM
That has got to be a record for the fastest autopsy ever...don't those usually take at least a few days???

its not an autopsy, its just the coroner's or whoever's take - from my understanding.....i could be wrong but I don't think they need a full autopsy to conclude it was death by suicide or homicide...

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 01:36 PM

I think I covered that with Dave.

The end result, no matter the reason- is still the same.

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 01:38 PM
I think I covered that with Dave.

The end result, no matter the reason- is still the same.

Nice

:facepalm:

raybec 4
05-18-2017, 01:40 PM

One of the kids I coached in Basketball came home and found his Dad hanging in the back yard. No note, warning, nothing. It messed him up pretty bad and he was going down a bad path. I worked hard with him and he straightened out. He has kids of his own now. A year later another kid on my team found his Dad (my assistant coach) dead from an intentional overdose. It changed him from a Great kid to one that ended up in prison.

You are not just killing yourself, but killing a piece of everyone that you love.

Man, I have several brothers from Afghanistan that have opted out. I don't blame them. It's easy to say bad shit about choosing to end it when you haven't done what they've done or seen what they've seen. That shit never ever goes away. It doesn't get easier and it doesn't change. Some dudes can cope and some can't. I totally get how somebody gets there and don't fault them for it.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Nice

What part did you not understand? I have been depressed to the point of no return.

Was it "clinical" depression - which I guess you are meaning a chemical imbalance- no but it was still horrible.

I had two uncles that had depression. We would be opening our Christmas presents and they would just start crying, saying that everyone is going to die. It was pretty scary to see as a kid.

So keep saying I don't "understand" what it is like to be depressed or be around those that are inflicted with the disease. It still does not change the fact that it is the ultimate selfish act when it comes to those left behind to pick up the pieces.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Man, I have several brothers from Afghanistan that have opted out. I don't blame them. It's easy to say bad shit about choosing to end it when you haven't done what they've done or seen what they've seen. That shit never ever goes away. It doesn't get easier and it doesn't change. Some dudes can cope and some can't. I totally get how somebody gets there and don't fault them for it.

Man what a tragedy. They fight for our country, make it back safe, but in a way never left the war. :shake:

My ex Father in Law was in Viet Nam. He never talked about it much. One year he came home drunk off his ass and fell into the Christmas tree, just smashed the hell out of all the presents and broke the fake tree in half. He duct taped it and nobody said much. We were talking afterward. He said he found some old Marine stuff and was thinking about his buddies, so went to drink himself into oblivion- didn't even remember falling into the tree or driving home that night.

His squad got pinned down. He said he hid nose high in a swamp for three days while his buddies were slowly tortured. I can still hear them screaming sometimes, he said. Also added that was not the worst thing he went through. :shake:

raybec 4
05-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Man what a tragedy. They fight for our country, make it back safe, but in a way never left the war. :shake:

My ex Father in Law was in Viet Nam. He never talked about it much. One year he came home drunk off his ass and fell into the Christmas tree, just smashed the hell out of all the presents and broke the fake tree in half. He duct taped it and nobody said much. We were talking afterward. He said he found some old Marine stuff and was thinking about his buddies, so went to drink himself into oblivion- didn't even remember falling into the tree or driving home that night.

His squad got pinned down. He said he hid nose high in a swamp for three days while his buddies were slowly tortured. I can still hear them screaming sometimes, he said. Also added that was not the worst thing he went through. :shake:
We never hid in a swamp be we had more than our fair share of terrible. I get it man, I was so strung out on opiates for years after I'm surprised I didn't die from that.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 02:09 PM
I've read a ton of rock biographies and I'll never understand the appeal of heroin. I get that it's bar none the most difficult drug to kick but why would anyone **** with it in the first place. So many musicians in the prime of their careers do the most depraved shit to get their next fix. That would suck being on tour and have to travel to the seedy parts of every city in the country to score some H.

I am pretty sure it was Dan Akroyd that talked about that when mentioning John Belushi. He said it was the same part of John's creative side that also made him destructive.

Have you read the Ray Charles biography? He was on it forever until getting busted and finally getting clean. The Keith Richards book Life goes into his addictions pretty deep- basically lost decades. And of the course the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx. Some say his book was all bullshit, but since he died, I think he was telling the truth.

Nixhex
05-18-2017, 02:10 PM
I am becoming clinically depressed from reading Dane and Halfcan argue about depression.

Pitt Gorilla
05-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Man, this one really got me. Layne, Chris, Scott, even Kurt. All gone (along with Prince, George Michael, David Bowie, Leonard Cohen, etc.)

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 02:19 PM
We never hid in a swamp be we had more than our fair share of terrible. I get it man, I was so strung out on opiates for years after I'm surprised I didn't die from that.

I can't even imagine what you guys go through during a war. Big props to you for conquering your addictions. It is heartbreaking hearing about our servicemen and women that come back to the States and end up taking their own life. The numbers are staggering. :(

Makes you wonder how a rock star like Cornell can't make it - when a hero like you, that has been through war, can fight their way back? Glad you beat the demons! :clap:

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 02:22 PM
I am becoming clinically depressed from reading Dane and Halfcan argue about depression.

ROFL

Yesterday it was DJ and today it is Depression. I think there a real disconnect from what I am saying to what he Thinks I am saying. I will start choosing my words more wisely.

Pitt Gorilla
05-18-2017, 02:26 PM
I am pretty sure it was Dan Akroyd that talked about that when mentioning John Belushi. He said it was the same part of John's creative side that also made him destructive.

Have you read the Ray Charles biography? He was on it forever until getting busted and finally getting clean. The Keith Richards book Life goes into his addictions pretty deep- basically lost decades. And of the course the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx. Some say his book was all bullshit, but since he died, I think he was telling the truth.Um, Nikki Sixx is still alive, AFAIK.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Um, Nikki Sixx is still alive, AFAIK.

Yep- they Kick Started his Heart.

Spott
05-18-2017, 02:45 PM
I saw them that tour with Skid Row as well. It was my birthday. After the show we were leaving and walking by the tour buses. The Sound Garden guys were all hanging outside the bus having some beers. My friend mentioned it was my B-day so they gave me a beer and we partied with them.

The Skid guys were dicks except for Bas. He was awesome to the fans. At one point it was Chris, me and Bas standing there having a beer. I was just soaking up the conversation. They were both very funny and had some great stories.

Very sad to hear Chris has passed. He had so much music left in him. Was planning to see them this tour. RIP my friend. :deevee:

That concert was actually on my 20th birthday, which is I remember when it was. I actually left shortly after Soundgarden stopped playing because I wasn't into the big hair/glam bands of the 80's. That would have been pretty cool to have met either of those bands back in the day.

BlackOp
05-18-2017, 02:50 PM
To be an true artist is to live in a world of duality...where the same force that drives creativity mutually drives destruction...there rarely is middle ground and violently play off each other. Build and destroy...anyone worth their salt in the arts knows this. You're harnessing the power of (+)/(-) polarity in Hermetic terms...then emitting the results in bursts. It's what Occultists refer to as mental alchemy/ transmutation...they seek heroin and what not to soften the destructive side of the pendulum swing (ebb/flow) between the poles. Usually this in on an unconscious level...

It exists in all living things (this duality) but not usually in extremities....that's why people flock to stadiums to witness it.

Your high points are way more electrically charged than the normal person..and that comes with a price...the lows come with the temptation to off yourself and say "**** it". Like the saying goes "careful what you wish for"...you may be inadvertently tapping into forces you might not be prepared to handle. Once that force in harnessed...there in no putting it back. Hendrix, Morrison Cobain, Van Gogh, Hemmingway...the story repeats...and always will.

The energy they emitted vicariously through their medium..is why we talk about them long after their dead...I'm sure that's why the term "star" was coined..burn bright.

Red Beans
05-18-2017, 03:21 PM

My uncle in-law killed himself on Christmas Day. My wife was asleep and missed the frantic phone calls from her Mom. I'm very thankful for this. He was a Iraqi Freedom vet and was masking his PTSD with alcohol. He was estranged from his wife and kids due to his drinking. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, he seemed to improve. He wasn't drinking and was spending a lot of time with his wife and kids (2 boys; 16 and 18) and deep cleaned their whole house. He never showed up to his sister's house on Christmas, she called, he answered and was really vague. She told us later that something just wasn't right so she called the police and had her husband, which was his best friend, to go check on him. When his friend got there the cops were there trying to talk him down outside the house. He was holding a pistol of some kind. His friend said that he just said, "Hey *****, we can talk about this." He replied, "There's nothing left to talk about," and then shot himself in the head. He was a great guy and I personally didn't realize how much of an impact he had on me in the short time I knew him, it left a huge scar on his family.

Coochie liquor
05-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Lost my son 7 years ago. Was 11 days from his 17th birthday. And less that 2 weeks before his favorite team, the Colts we're going to play in the SB. Still never understand it. Kid had a bright future ahead of him. My wife thinks he wanted to be caught, but idk. I think he was too smart and was dealing with depression that he wasn't sharing with anyone. I'll never get over it. I made this video for him years ago. I still cry my eyes out when I watch it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zWoyr7jU6Gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I barely made it out of that myself. I wanted to kill myself after he died. Luckily I have 2 daughters, and now 2 granddaughters that have helped me along my road to learning how to live again.

lewdog
05-18-2017, 04:26 PM
What part did you not understand? I have been depressed to the point of no return.

Was it "clinical" depression - which I guess you are meaning a chemical imbalance- no but it was still horrible.

I had two uncles that had depression. We would be opening our Christmas presents and they would just start crying, saying that everyone is going to die. It was pretty scary to see as a kid.

So keep saying I don't "understand" what it is like to be depressed or be around those that are inflicted with the disease. It still does not change the fact that it is the ultimate selfish act when it comes to those left behind to pick up the pieces.

Just because you have dealt with it, doesn't mean you understand it fully as made clear by your posts.

People who hit rock bottom depression do not think about leaving behind family and friends. Their inner pain is too much to bear. This isn't about you, it's about them. Friends and family aren't giving them any feeling of worth either. It's why there is no thought about those they are leaving behind. That's clinical depression.

You are unable to rationalize your friends suicides. I get it. The depressed mind is unable to rationalize it as well. While you see it as a selfish act of leaving behind loved ones, for many their inner pain is too much and the thought of how loved one's will cope after their death is seldom crossed in the depressed mind.

rico
05-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Lost my son 7 years ago. Was 11 days from his 17th birthday. And less that 2 weeks before his favorite team, the Colts we're going to play in the SB. Still never understand it. Kid had a bright future ahead of him. My wife thinks he wanted to be caught, but idk. I think he was too smart and was dealing with depression that he wasn't sharing with anyone. I'll never get over it. I made this video for him years ago. I still cry my eyes out when I watch it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zWoyr7jU6Gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I barely made it out of that myself. I wanted to kill myself after he died. Luckily I have 2 daughters, and now 2 granddaughters that have helped me along my road to learning how to live again.

Man... no words.

Did you write that song? It's a fantastic song. Terribly sad story...I can't imagine.

I don't know if I've ever come across a post on CP that has had this effect on me.

Coochie liquor
05-18-2017, 05:16 PM
Man... no words.

Did you write that song? It's a fantastic song. Terribly sad story...I can't imagine.

I don't know if I've ever come across a post on CP that has had this effect on me.

Thank you. No, I didnt write that song. It's by Ballyhoo, and he wrote it after his mom died from cancer (I think). Was a band we both liked and saw live a few times. It's a difficult thing to get past. Should never have to bury your child. Luckily my wife and I made it through it after lots of rough times. I'm always worried I'll lose another child since that happened. Really sucks too because most of the time I have to put him out of my memory completely, just to make it through the day. But it's the only way my brain can cope with it I guess. It's still a very fresh wound even though it's been 7+ years.

Viper400
05-18-2017, 05:17 PM

What a memory to have. That's awesome.

digger
05-18-2017, 05:23 PM
RIP

Chiefshrink
05-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Many of us have felt down and thought to ourselves that this is what the lowest of the low feels like and there's no coming back from it. I've felt that way plenty of times. I'd threaten myself with suicide at times, but i knew in the back of my head i'd never do it, no matter how i felt at that moment. I came across this, below. It really put shit into perspective:

http://head-heart-health.com/3583/10-things-you-should-know-before-you-kill-yourself

Hello Sir

I guess you’re pretty serious about committing suicide if you’re searching for it on the internet. There’s a hell of a lot of information out there but I wanted to tell you ten things you should know before you kill yourself.

First of all, I know you are probably a guy. That’s because 78% of people who take their own lives are male. There are lots of reasons for that, but the main one is that you keep everything bottled up inside you because you’re trying to ‘be there’ for everyone else. You don’t have to you know. Talking about how you’re feeling is the bravest thing a man can ever do. But that’s not why I’m here.

I’m here to tell you what happens next after you decide to end your pain.

ONE (1) :

The person who finds your body is probably your wife or one of your kids. You will have chosen a method that is violent and the image of your dead body with the noose, the gun or the plastic bag will be forever etched on the mind of that person who finds you. It will be the last thing she sees before she goes to sleep and the first image she sees upon waking. It will flash into her mind at random moments and leave her completely traumatised. She will forever associate colours, smells, shapes, and noises with that moment when her life was fractured into pieces.

TWO (2) :

When the police arrive, they will treat your wife as a suspect. Your death will be deemed as ‘suspicious’ and the house will be cordoned off as a crime scene. Ambulances, fire-engines and police cars will line the street. People will crane their necks to see what is going on. Your private decision will become the subject of public speculation. The room where you died will never be able to be used again. There will be stains on the chair, on the carpet, on the walls. Most likely, your family will have to move.

THREE (3) :

Your private life will be raked over by the police who will go through your wallet, your phone and your computer looking for someone to blame for your death. All the while, your wife will be unable to eat or sleep and her tears will make her beautiful eyes haunted and lost.

FOUR (4) :

There will be an autopsy to determine how you died. There will be questions about your relationship, your job, your finances, your health and your drug and alcohol consumption. If you’ve managed to destroy your body in your final act, your wife will have to formally identify you. She will no longer remember you as alive and breathing, she will only remember you lying still, battered and violated on the cold slab of a mortuary.

And all the time, the voice in her head will scream “Why?” That voice never stops.

FIVE (5) :

Your wife won’t be able to work for a long while and the money will run out. It will take months, maybe even years for her to get any sort of payout. And if you haven’t left a will, she will have to prove to the courts that she is entitled to your money. Lawyers will ask if there was another woman, other children, another life. She will have to prove that she was your wife over and over again.

SIX (6) :

Your friends and family will find it difficult to believe that you did this without provocation. They will search for someone to blame. And that person will be your wife. They will whisper that she drove you to it. They will find it hard to be around her. She will have to survive this thing on her own.

SEVEN (7) :

Your wife will blame herself. No matter what the circumstances, she will know that she didn’t love you enough or support you enough to keep you alive. Her sense of failure will overwhelm her. She will relive the last days and hours before your death searching for the moment when she could have made a difference.

EIGHT (8) :

If they report your death in the papers, the journalist will be deliberately vague. You will join the long list of men who have been “found dead”. They will never print the word suicide, but everyone will know what happened.

Bubba Smith, the American football star who found fame on screen playing Hightower in the Police Academy movies, has died at the age of 66. Smith was found dead at his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death has not been confirmed, but police have said it did not appear to be suspicious. ~ BBC News
Even your wife and children will rarely mention the word suicide when telling your story. They will fabricate a lie to cover their shame and hurt. Saying you died of a heart attack is the usual thing.

NINE (9) :

Your son won’t have you around to teach him how to drive. Your daughter will have no-one to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day. Your wife won’t have a safe place to go when her own pain needs soothing. You will miss out on their lives.

TEN (10) :

This pain of losing you doesn’t heal. It eventually gets numbed by the challenge of getting on with life with a part missing, but the thought of you is always just below the surface.

When you take your life, you take the life of your wife, your kids, your parents, your siblings and your friends. There is no choice for them. They have to live with this burden for the rest of their lives. No matter what you’ve done, no matter who you are, no-one will be better off without you.

I’m not here to tell you what to do with your life. It’s up to you. All I want to do is tell you what really happens to those of us left behind.

Sleep on it. Wait until tomorrow. Call someone. Talk.

Stay alive. We need you. We love you more than you’ll ever know.

Excellent !!!

And to Halfcan's and eDave's points and experiences !!!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
05-18-2017, 05:45 PM

And you have zero understanding of grief among family and friends and one of those stages is anger and sometimes folks stay in that stage for years. Halfcan still hurts, allow him to hurt in his own timeframe. There are no set rules on how long each stage should be because everyone grieves differently and for different lengths of time.

KChiefs1
05-18-2017, 05:52 PM
Bet you a $1 he wishes he was back with his family and friends.

Sure he's not having a good day today.

I've talked to a couple of people who tried to hang themselves but survived & they told me the second they kicked the chair they hoped the rope broke because they saw how great life was in that split second. Thankfully they survived & live to tell their stories.

RIP

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
And you have zero understanding of grief among family and friends and one of those stages is anger and sometimes folks stay in that stage for years. Halfcan still hurts, allow him to hurt in his own timeframe. There are no set rules on how long each stage should be because everyone grieves differently and for different lengths of time.

Just shut the fuck up, you fucking quack

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Just because you have dealt with it, doesn't mean you understand it fully as made clear by your posts.

People who hit rock bottom depression do not think about leaving behind family and friends. Their inner pain is too much to bear. This isn't about you, it's about them. Friends and family aren't giving them any feeling of worth either. It's why there is no thought about those they are leaving behind. That's clinical depression.

You are unable to rationalize your friends suicides. I get it. The depressed mind is unable to rationalize it as well. While you see it as a selfish act of leaving behind loved ones, for many their inner pain is too much and the thought of how loved one's will cope after their death is seldom crossed in the depressed mind.

Great post! Did not realize there was a difference between Clinical and regular depression. It is sad how your own mind can be your worst enemy.

As I stated in another post, it seemed depression ran in two sides of my families histories. One of the Uncles I mentioned (Great Uncle) was the sweetest guy you could ever meet. At my first wedding he cried his eyes out and did not have a gift- so gave me his little personal instant camera with a half roll of used film still in there. When I developed it - there was a bunch of his elderly friends from the nursing home and one of him and my Aunt Ethel. I cherish that picture. After my Aunt passed he had depression and dementia and couldn't accept she was gone. He broke out of the nursing home one night with his keys and got into his Lincoln. Didn't have a license for ten years prior. The car was just being parked there temporary before it was to be sold. He drove around and got lost in a snow storm. After running out of gas on a side road, the elements got him. He died holding a wedding picture in his hands of Him and my Aunt.

So in reply to your post- that makes a lot of sense when I look back. Uncle Blaine was Never suicidal but would cry all the time during family holidays. It really freaked me out as a kid. He would say "You are such a great kid, I hope you don't die in your sleep tonight." :(

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Thank you. No, I didnt write that song. It's by Ballyhoo, and he wrote it after his mom died from cancer (I think). Was a band we both liked and saw live a few times. It's a difficult thing to get past. Should never have to bury your child. Luckily my wife and I made it through it after lots of rough times. I'm always worried I'll lose another child since that happened. Really sucks too because most of the time I have to put him out of my memory completely, just to make it through the day. But it's the only way my brain can cope with it I guess. It's still a very fresh wound even though it's been 7+ years.

That is heartbreaking. So sorry for your loss. My biggest fear is for something to happen to my kids.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Anyone taking bets on autoerotic asphyxiation?

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 06:13 PM
What a memory to have. That's awesome.

Carlotta was very good friends with Chris. She posted a great pic today on FB. Best wishes to her, I am sure this is an extremely hard day for her.

scho63
05-18-2017, 06:36 PM
More women suffer from depression from men but men have a much, much higher rate of suicide. Sadly men still have a hard time reaching out for help when in despair. People call it selfish because they are too ignorant to understand.

KCUnited
05-18-2017, 07:24 PM
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/KCUnited1/979b4d56-8b48-48f5-93c0-49b95179a097_zpszcb2hy8b.jpg

MatriculatingHank
05-18-2017, 08:17 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder712/44777712.jpg

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Carlotta was very good friends with Chris

wut

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Great post! Did not realize there was a difference between Clinical and regular depression.

No shit.

Good fucking grief.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 08:50 PM
No shit.

Good ****ing grief.

Is there any way you could act like a bigger asshole in this thread?

If that offended you that I think it is selfish when people kill themselves that is too fucking bad. I stand by it. I have dealt with it too many times.

The way you act on here sometimes makes me think You have "clinical" depression. Turning a memorial thread into a pissing contest over semantics is in pretty poor taste. Get over yourself.

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Is there any way you could act like a bigger asshole in this thread?

Absolutely.

You've been a cunt. A cunty cunt, listing the deaths of your friends without honoring Chris Cornell's documented issues.

You've made this thread about YOU, while ignoring the fact that you know ZERO about CLINICAL DEPRESSION.

Ka'do's.

If that offended you that I think it is selfish when people kill themselves that is too fucking bad. I stand by it. I have dealt with it too many times.

The way you act on here sometimes makes me think You have "clinical" depression. Turning a memorial thread into a pissing contest over semantics is in pretty poor taste. Get over yourself.

And the way you "post on here" leads me to believe you're a judgmental, uneducated, fucking MORON. It's a shock that you can even feed yourself on a weekly basis.

Good luck with your epic dumbassery.

You'll need it.

stevieray
05-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Absolutely.

You've been a ****. A ****y ****, listing the deaths of your friends without honoring Chris Cornell's documented issues.

You've made this thread about YOU, while ignoring the fact that you know ZERO about CLINICAL DEPRESSION.

eh, others were sharing their experiences also...it's a sensitive subject.

lighten up dude..it's an all around bummer.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Absolutely.

You've been a ****. A ****y ****, listing the deaths of your friends without honoring Chris Cornell's documented issues.

Ka'do's.

And the way you "post on here" leads me to believe you're a judgmental, uneducated, ****ing MORON. It's a shock that you can even feed yourself on a weekly basis.

Good luck with your epic dumbassery.

You'll need it.

ROFL

Wow, do you feel better now? That's it, let it all out. And you are honoring Chris by telling Chiefsshrink what you did? Talk about a fucking hypocrite. Someone that probably know more about "clinical" depression then you. You called a fucking quack- was that in Chris's Honor??

I suppose others telling their stories about suicide are trying to make it about themselves as well? Nice deflection to cover your own behavior.

Maybe you need to take another break, you have been a real dick since you came back after the draft. You added absolutely Nothing to this thread but acting like an asshole and picking a fight. I just happened to be the one you lashed out at with your childish behavior THIS time. I guess it was my turn for one of your rants. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 10:13 PM
ROFL

Wow, do you feel better now? That's it, let it all out. And you are honoring Chris by telling Chiefsshrink what you did? Talk about a fucking hypocrite. Someone that probably know more about "clinical" depression then you. You called a fucking quack- was that in Chris's Honor??

I suppose others telling their stories about suicide are trying to make it about themselves as well? Nice deflection to cover your own behavior.

Maybe you need to take another break, you have been a real dick since you came back after the draft. You added absolutely Nothing to this thread but acting like an asshole and picking a fight. I just happened to be the one you lashed out at with your childish behavior THIS time. I guess it was my turn for one of your rants. :rolleyes:

And maybe if you weren't such a fucking loser at life, you wouldn't have ended up in your car.

You're a loser in life for a reason.

Look in the mirror, jackass.

DaneMcCloud
05-18-2017, 10:24 PM
eh, others were sharing their experiences also...it's a sensitive subject.

lighten up dude..it's an all around bummer.

It sucks that Cornell offed himself but it's not a surprise. He's battled Clinical Depression since before he was a household name.

Halfcan, whom I've defended in the past because of his startup business, has always been a complete dick to me. I really don't give a shit, because the overwhelming majority of CP members have been dicks to me because I've revealed things about my life, mostly a decade ago, but I did it.

At this point, everyone that want to take shots at me can go fuck themselves. I win, they lose.

I'm sick of the motherfuckers, and there have been SCORES, that ask for advice, only to stab me in the back later. It's happened so many times I can't count.

Halfcan, who's an uneducated, buttfucking moron, can just fuck right off. He's a fool and because of that, his story will be the same, whether it's 10 year or 20 years down the line.

And as I said earlier, Halfcan, a buttfucking moron, has ZERO understanding of Clinical Depression and has admitted as such.

Fuck you, Halfcan.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-18-2017, 10:46 PM
Probably an Alex Smith fan.

kccrow
05-18-2017, 10:50 PM
It sucks that Cornell offed himself but it's not a surprise. He's battled Clinical Depression since before he was a household name.

Halfcan, whom I've defended in the past because of his startup business, has always been a complete dick to me. I really don't give a shit, because the overwhelming majority of CP members have been dicks to me because I've revealed things about my life, mostly a decade ago, but I did it.

At this point, everyone that want to take shots at me can go fuck themselves. I win, they lose.

I'm sick of the motherfuckers, and there have been SCORES, that ask for advice, only to stab me in the back later. It's happened so many times I can't count.

Halfcan, who's an uneducated, buttfucking moron, can just fuck right off. He's a fool and because of that, his story will be the same, whether it's 10 year or 20 years down the line.

And as I said earlier, Halfcan, a buttfucking moron, has ZERO understanding of Clinical Depression and has admitted as such.

Fuck you, Halfcan.

I'm not sure this tells me how you really feel. Could you elaborate further?

Oh, and RIP Cornell. Talented guy, no doubts about it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-18-2017, 10:51 PM
You can always tell when Dane's personal life is a mess. Probably just found out that none of his neighbors had heard of him.

Baby Lee
05-18-2017, 10:55 PM
I've read a ton of rock biographies and I'll never understand the appeal of heroin. I get that it's bar none the most difficult drug to kick but why would anyone fuck with it in the first place.

Never even been near it that I know, but I read someone describing it like a jacuzzi for your brain.

You know when you've been working around the house and every bone and joint creaks, then you dip into that hot bubbly water and everything loosens and relaxes and all seems well. Then for addicts, it's like they're working out their brain all day, and heroin is like a warm bath that makes everything all right, and concerns and anxieties just melt away.

Baby Lee
05-18-2017, 11:01 PM

Well great, now I can't lick coochie without weeping ever again.

Halfcan
05-18-2017, 11:05 PM

At this point, everyone that want to take shots at me can go **** themselves. I win, they lose.

I'm sick of the mother****ers, and there have been SCORES, that ask for advice, only to stab me in the back later. It's happened so many times I can't count.

Halfcan, who's an uneducated, butt****ing moron, can just **** right off. He's a fool and because of that, his story will be the same, whether it's 10 year or 20 years down the line.

And as I said earlier, Halfcan, a butt****ing moron, has ZERO understanding of Clinical Depression and has admitted as such.

**** you, Halfcan.

Wow, dude, keep on rolling off the crazy rails. This might be one of your best rants Ever. ROFL Way to play the victim. Pathetic, you against the world.

So I guess having a college degree is Uneducated to you? As far as the "clinical" thing- they did not have labels during my Psychology classes in college, in which I received A's. It was just called depression. That is why I posted about my uncles that suffered with it. Once again using semantics to hijack the thread to justify your childish antics.

And what a Great way to honor Chris- by using a gay slur. I am not gay, never have been, but I have friends and family that are. You are showing all the posters that have supposedly been dicks to poor little ol' you, Exactly the type of person you are.

Btw is calling me a loser because I myself was down and out, completely depressed make you feel better? I guess Chris and everyone else that feels that way is a loser as well. Glad you have the perfect Hollywood lifestyle, but most of us have struggled in their life. You just cried people were mean to you because you disclosed part of your life- and you just did it to me. Fucking hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Way to honor Chris- going off on Chiefshrink, derailing the thread, playing the victim and then using gay slurs. Classy.

PunkinDrublic
05-18-2017, 11:20 PM
Never even been near it that I know, but I read someone describing it like a jacuzzi for your brain.

You know when you've been working around the house and every bone and joint creaks, then you dip into that hot bubbly water and everything loosens and relaxes and all seems well. Then for addicts, it's like they're working out their brain all day, and heroin is like a warm bath that makes everything all right, and concerns and anxieties just melt away.

I don't work around the house so I can't relate.

scho63
05-18-2017, 11:39 PM

This has triggered a memory that has me now agreeing with you. I run with a large social group here. One woman, Heather, was my then wife's best friend. Everyone loved her and she was so cool. I loved her very much (not physically though she was beautiful too).

Well, she couldn't have kids. The fertility medication they gave her made her crazy, literally. And it depressed her even more about not being able to have children.

She was going to counselling, her husband and mother, who moved out here from Ohio to be with her only child, alternated being with her with the counselor.

One day in January a few years ago, she simply got in a cab and was driven from Phoenix to the Hoover Damn Bridge. She got out of the cab and just threw herself off the bridge. She had HOURS to think it through and did it without hesitation.

I'm feeling your pain now Halfcan. That photo haunts me. That is NOT the woman I saw in the grocery store. It is so sad to see her like this. Peace.

My buddy RJ was one of the Federal police officers who pulled her body out of the lake. He used to work at the Pentagon in DC and spent the last 5 years in Las Vegas living in Henderson watching the Hoover Dam. He told me crazy stories all the time including many suicides both attempted he stopped and those that succeeded.
He also rescued many hikers who went into the desert with not enough or no water and needed major rescue.

Demonpenz
05-18-2017, 11:45 PM
random but I can always tell when someone doesn't know shit when they start out their depression story with some down and out scenerio. Depression gives no fucks what your outside circumstances is. It can trigger it but man so many people I know had the world by the ass when they killed themselves. Oh well. Hopefully the big man upstairs has a plan and shit.

EPodolak
05-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Need a better term, it has been said before that "depression" is a wimp of a word and no where near sufficient to describe the condition of clinical illness. A depression is a relative low point, what we're talking about in this thread is a pain apart from everyday language that most people won't ever experience.

Demonpenz
05-19-2017, 12:14 AM
Need a better term, it has been said before that "depression" is a wimp of a word and no where near sufficient to describe the condition of clinical illness. Depression is a relative low point, what we're talking about in this thread is a pain outside of everyday language that most people won't ever experience.

People have had the flu, people have had their dog put to sleep. Mix the two. Sprinkle in the fact that people tell you to just smile or that it's not a real thing etc.

rad
05-19-2017, 12:44 AM
I actually had to wipe Dane's menses off my screen so I could finish reading this thread.

RIP Chris

eDave
05-19-2017, 02:27 AM
In My Time Of Dying Lyrics:

In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn
All I want for you to do is take my body home

Well, well, well, so I can die easy [x2]
Jesus, going to make up

Jesus, going to make up my dying bed
Meet me, Jesus, meet me
Meet me in the middle of the air
If my wings should fail me, Lord
Please meet me with another pair

Well, well, well, so I can die easy [x2]
Jesus, going to make up

Somebody, somebody
Jesus going to make up
Jesus going to make you my dying bed
Well, well, well, so I can die easy
Jesus, going to make up
Somebody, somebody
Jesus going to make up
Jesus going to make you my dying bed

Oh, Saint Peter, at the gates of heaven
Won't you let me in
I never did no harm
I never did no wrong
Oh, Gabriel, let me blow your horn, let me blow your horn
Oh, I never did, did no harm
I've only been this young once
I never thought I'd do anybody no wrong
No, not once
Oh, I did somebody some good
Somebody some good
Oh, did somebody some good
I must have did somebody some good
Oh, I believe I did
I see the smiling faces
I know I must have left some traces
And I see them in the streets
And I see them in the field
And I hear them shouting under my feet
And I know it's got to be real
Oh, Lord, deliver me
All the wrong I've done
You can deliver me, Lord
I only wanted to have some fun
Hear the angels marching, hear them marching, hear them marching
Hear them marching, the' marching

Oh my Jesus, oh my Jesus, oh my Jesus [x3]
Oh my Jesus, oh my Jesus
It's pretty good up here
Oh Georgina, oh Georgina, oh Georgina, oh Georgina
Oh I'll see you again
Oh, don't you make it my dying, dying, dying

Cough!
That's gotta be the one, ain't it?
Come have a listen, then
Oh yes, thank you

Nickhead
05-19-2017, 03:01 AM
i have got to say, for someone of his stature, i have no remorse for giving up on a life that i can only dream of. that said, had i had a life of his i never would have met the greatest woman alive. :D

BlackOp
05-19-2017, 03:11 AM
i have got to say, for someone of his stature, i have no remorse for giving up on a life that i can only dream of. that said, had i had a life of his i never would have met the greatest woman alive. :D

The biggest error humans make is projecting their condition on another...not everyone has the same emotional or intellectual "requirements". He had what most everyone wishes they had...didn't matter. He was ready to check out..and it was his decision.

No one asked to be born...and you make your way until you dont. The situation is forced on you...the only real thing you have control over is choosing whether or not you wish to continue.

Existential crisis pays no mind to the material...

Pablo
05-19-2017, 05:00 AM
I was depressed once. That was, until I pulled myself up by my boot straps, ran the quickest 40 of my life and threw a football over a Walmart supercenter.

Depression gone. Super simple.

Dude definitely had a voice for the ages and it sucks he offed himself.

At least he left his kids with some money I'm sure. And a predisposition to mental illness.

Eleazar
05-19-2017, 05:30 AM
random but I can always tell when someone doesn't know shit when they start out their depression story with some down and out scenerio. Depression gives no ****s what your outside circumstances is. It can trigger it but man so many people I know had the world by the ass when they killed themselves. Oh well. Hopefully the big man upstairs has a plan and shit.

This. Has nothing to do with circumstances. It might latch on to circumstances to express itself, but MDD does not happen because things get rough for a minute.

Chris seems a lot like someone who has dealt with this for a long time in that it was known and noticed in his life by people who knew him well but to others he could seem normal, being as it's easy to know what people expect and to act that way. You become very good at pretending to be what you are socially supposed to be.

Sandy Vagina
05-19-2017, 08:34 AM
I don't think it's for anyone else to judge. If he no longer wanted to stick around and endure whatever he was troubled with.. it's his choice, and for his own personal reasons.

RIP

O.city
05-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Man, this is pretty awful.

Super talented guy.

Eleazar
05-19-2017, 09:00 AM
I don't think it's for anyone else to judge. If he no longer wanted to stick around and endure whatever he was troubled with.. it's his choice, and for his own personal reasons.

RIP

It's a selfish action, however much pain it came through, if you are in your right mind. I can see how you could believe the above if you'd never lost a family member or a friend this way or if you'd never been in this place yourself. We don't know what his mental state was that night. We know that his wife asked others to check on him, maybe there was reason for concern.

However much pain he is in, taking his own life permanently transfers it to his wife, his daughters, and everyone who was close to him. Trading your pain for an escape, giving them permanent psychological damage, is not a selfless or a morally neutral act. But again, if he had a psychotic break he was probably not thinking rationally.

Yes - most people would have a breaking point, I acknowledge and feel that more than most. But people who are in acute psychosis can not effectively evaluate the consequences of their actions.

The best reason to hang on and endure is always going to be the carnage that would happen afterward. There is no painless way to leave. Not even for you in your body, but there is also no way to leave without shredding the hearts of the people around you. That is the best reason to stay and keep working on it.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Listening to the song Cochise right now

Eleazar
05-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Listening to the song Cochise right now

That song was playing on the radio when I registered. I was going to use my first name as a username but it was taken, and I couldn't think of a more creative one. I didn't even know about the notable indian chief at the time.

JohnnyHammersticks
05-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Most likely got too much fentanyl in his smack. Junkies/users everywhere are dying because of this. Doubtful it was suicide. The cord around his neck was probably him tying off to inject there. He could still wear short-sleeved shirts that way and not look like a raging junky. If you watch Black Hole Sun from Wednesday night, he sure as hell seemed pretty whacked out. Classic signs of being under opioid influence. The toxicology report will almost definitely confirm this.

Just a reminder kids. Except for Kieth Richards, opioids are still undefeated.

Pennywise
05-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Most likely got too much fentanyl in his smack. Junkies/users everywhere are dying because of this. Doubtful it was suicide. The cord around his neck was probably him tying off to inject there. He could still wear short-sleeved shirts that way and not look like a raging junky. If you watch Black Hole Sun from Wednesday night, he sure as hell seemed pretty whacked out. Classic signs of being under opioid influence. The toxicology report will almost definitely confirm this.

Interesting take. I never thought of his shooting into his neck.

And lol on Keith. That dude will be walking around with the cockroaches after a nuclear apocalypse.

Eleazar
05-19-2017, 09:35 AM
DETROIT — Rock musician Chris Cornell's wife on Friday disputed "inferences" that the rocker killed himself in a Detroit hotel room, saying he may have taken more of an anti-anxiety drug than he was prescribed.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office said Cornell — the lead singer in Soundgarden and Audioslave — hanged himself Wednesday after performing at a concert. But Cornell's family said that without toxicology test results completed they don't know what caused his death.

Vicky Cornell, Cornell's wife, said that when she spoke to her husband after the Detroit show, he told her he may have taken "an extra Ativan or two." According to lawyer Kirk Pasich, the 52-year-old musician had a prescription for the anti-anxiety drug. Ativan, a sedative, has side effects that can include drowsiness and dizziness, according to the National Institutes of Health.

"Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris — or if any substances contributed to his demise," Pasich said in a statement release to The Associated Press. "Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages.

"The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions."

Cornell has battled addiction problems in the past. He told Rolling Stone in a 1994 interview that he started using drugs at age 13, and was kicked out of school at 15.

"I went from being a daily drug user at 13 to having bad drug experiences and quitting drugs by the time I was 14, and then not having any friends until the time I was 16," he said. "There was about two years where I was more or less agoraphobic and didn't deal with anybody, didn't talk to anybody, didn't have any friends at all.

"All the friends that I had were still (messed) up with drugs and were people that I didn't really have anything in common with."

Vicky Cornell said her husband slurred his words when she spoke with him after the Detroit show. She said "he was different," and she contacted security to check on him.

"What happened is inexplicable, and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details," she said. "I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life."

The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office said Thursday it completed the preliminary autopsy on Cornell, but that "a full autopsy report has not yet been completed."

http://www.startribune.com/family-of-musician-chris-cornell-disputes-he-killed-himself/423142543/

The Franchise
05-19-2017, 09:40 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VikVUF7ANTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude looks fucking off.

JohnnyHammersticks
05-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Interesting take. I never thought of his shooting into his neck.

And lol on Keith. That dude will be walking around with the cockroaches after a nuclear apocalypse.

If we want to get any messages to future civilizations, we should just type a memo outlining the most important points and put it in Keith's pocket.

On a serious side though, I'm SO sick of this shit. So many creative people just piss their lives away for absolutely no reason. Garcia, Hendrix, Morrison, Michael, Prince, almost the whole Seattle grunge crowd, the list just goes on, and on, and on, and on. I feel bad for his family.

JohnnyHammersticks
05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VikVUF7ANTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude looks ****ing off.

If you've ever spent significant time with someone with an opioid problem, it's crystal clear that he's whacked out here. With me it was my brother. He's been off for almost 20 years now, THANK GOD, but he still fights the urge whenever he's around any opioids.

JohnnyHammersticks
05-19-2017, 10:07 AM
I had to fire a kid last year for showing up under the influence of opioids repeatedly. He somehow thought that I couldn't tell. I could tell whether or not he was using literally within the first 5 seconds of seeing his face. He swore up and down that he never used. Since I fired him, he's been jailed twice for heroin possession. I know because his mother had to call me to bail him out. He'll die soon because he's not smart enough to get help.

I've had 9 major surgeries, and they used to dole that shit out like candy. 10 years ago, they gave me SIXTY dilaudids for knee ligament surgery-WITH A REFILL! Luckily, I was smart enough to get off after 3 days, but if I would've done the entire prescription, I would've been ****ed. I saved the rest for Deadliest Catch marathons on snowy days and finished them years later. 3 days max, that's all I can take without starting to get hooked.

Demonpenz
05-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Ativan is strong. At my worst I can get them at the hospital under supervision. If you are an addict as I understand it they won't just give you them and let you roam free. I took them when I was in a extreme manic state so it was either give that to me or have me start getting physical with staff or stroke out. Once ativan kicked in it was cloud 9.

New World Order
05-19-2017, 10:39 AM
I was depressed once. That was, until I pulled myself up by my boot straps, ran the quickest 40 of my life and threw a football over a Walmart supercenter.

Depression gone. Super simple.

Dude definitely had a voice for the ages and it sucks he offed himself.

At least he left his kids with some money I'm sure. And a predisposition to mental illness.

LMAO

KCUnited
05-19-2017, 10:40 AM
PM sent.

Easy 6
05-19-2017, 01:23 PM
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/KCUnited1/979b4d56-8b48-48f5-93c0-49b95179a097_zpszcb2hy8b.jpg

LMAO

mdchiefsfan
05-19-2017, 04:50 PM

Just lost a close family friend to this. He wasn't into the best stuff, but this was his first dabble into this, and he paid the ultimate price. 21 is way too young.

mdchiefsfan
05-19-2017, 04:54 PM

Dude looks fucking off.

He is also singing behind the rhythm of the song. He is slowed down.

Chiefshrink
05-19-2017, 05:28 PM
LMAO

I bet you didn't know Pablo is Mahomes's uncle did you?:D

Chiefshrink
05-19-2017, 05:51 PM
And maybe if you weren't such a ****ing loser at life, you wouldn't have ended up in your car.

You're a loser in life for a reason.

Look in the mirror, jackass.

At this point, everyone that want to take shots at me can go **** themselves. I win, they lose.

I'm sick of the mother****ers, and there have been SCORES, that ask for advice, only to stab me in the back later. It's happened so many times I can't count.

Halfcan, who's an uneducated, butt****ing moron, can just **** right off. He's a fool and because of that, his story will be the same, whether it's 10 year or 20 years down the line.

And as I said earlier, Halfcan, a butt****ing moron, has ZERO understanding of Clinical Depression and has admitted as such.

**** you, Halfcan.

Who was judging again?:shrug:

SAUTO
05-19-2017, 06:19 PM

They are saying it was an exercise band wrapped around his neck, hung from a carabiner that was attached to the top of the door.

KChiefs1
05-19-2017, 07:17 PM
Don't think this has been posted yet but here is his last show in Detroit.

https://youtu.be/zv_T8zzH19s

munkey
05-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Don't think this has been posted yet but here is his last show in Detroit.

https://youtu.be/zv_T8zzH19s

kinda reminds me of Scott Weilands last performance here in Bend...There was something seriously wrong with him..it was sad.

Sandy Vagina
05-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Chris Cornell - When I'm Down (Euphoria Morning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28eHgulpnUk - when I'm down

and then:

So now you start to recognize
That every single path you see
Leads to a tear in your eye
So wave goodbye, wave goodbye

G' bless, and G' bye, brother... hope you are truly in peace now...