PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink McDonalds pulls "dead dad" ad

Hammock Parties
05-19-2017, 02:21 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1XM4INk8l8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fast food marketers have a pretty firm grasp on the attention span of children and, like it or not, have been pretty successful at targeting kids and getting them to eat burgers, fries, and chicken nuggets.

But for all of that sly and sneaky marketing, McDonald's is now dealing with the fallout from a very tone-deaf ad that was meant to be sentimental, but fell flat, if not downright offensive. What, thinking about the death of your parents doesn't make you crave burgers?

McDonald's eventually pulled the commercial, telling the BBC that they had no intention of being "offensive" and that they were just trying to "highlight the role McDonald's has played in our customers' everyday lives—both in good and difficult times."

It's not like the commercial ends with a young boy crying over his father's grave as tears fall into his milkshake, but McDonald's attempt to create emotionally driven content about a dead father ultimately leaves us feeling as confused as the kid in the ad.

ModSocks
05-19-2017, 02:24 PM
I liked it.

Hammock Parties
05-19-2017, 02:28 PM
plot twist: his dad died from a heart attack due to too much McDonalds

Spott
05-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Didn't see anything wrong with the ad, but I immediately thought of Bruce Willis and Christopher Walken in that scene from Pulp Fiction when he's putting on his dad's old watch.

siberian khatru
05-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Don Draper lives

Baby Lee
05-19-2017, 03:09 PM
ROFL - yt comment

"Did Dad like ice cream?"
"Yeah he loved it, I would get you one but apparently the machines not working"

Rooster
05-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Didn't see anything wrong with the ad, but I immediately thought of Bruce Willis and Christopher Walken in that scene from Pulp Fiction when he's putting on his dad's old watch.

I haven't seen the commercial. Did someone have a Big Mac stuck up their ass? :)

KCUnited
05-19-2017, 03:41 PM
"Bout my dad?"

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/KCUnited1/48f6aca6-6a71-4511-9943-02b92131883e_zpskmg1k4l0.jpg

Rain Man
05-19-2017, 04:02 PM
It sounds to me like the mom lied about who the father was.

Tombstone RJ
05-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Classic case of a company trying too hard. Just stick with putting toys in happy meals, McDonald's....

trd84
05-19-2017, 05:15 PM
what was wrong with it? a kid that didn't know his dad trying to find out what he liked. don't see anything offensive here.

Baby Lee
05-19-2017, 05:16 PM
what was wrong with it? a kid that didn't know his dad trying to find out what he liked. don't see anything offensive here.

Pipe down, we're outraged.

Bearcat
05-19-2017, 05:21 PM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/fake-outrage-fake.jpg

DaNewGuy
05-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Damn that kid sucks at soccer

listopencil
05-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Oh. So that's who eats the fish sandwiches at McDonalds. Dead people.

cabletech94
05-19-2017, 07:03 PM

seems to me the kid sucks at everything.

Rain Man
05-19-2017, 07:06 PM

I'm outraged because it's clearly not his dad. His mom lied to him. His real dad is probably in prison or something.

DJ's left nut
05-19-2017, 07:06 PM
I don't see cause for alarm but the ad was pretty stupid.

Spott
05-19-2017, 07:24 PM

The only thing offensive about this ad was the kid calling soccer "football".

KChiefs1
05-19-2017, 07:30 PM
I'm outraged because it's clearly not his dad. His mom lied to him. His real dad is probably in prison or something.

That was my thought when the mom was saying the kid was nothing like his dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefspants
05-19-2017, 07:34 PM
TARTER SAUCE ON TEH CHIN

Fishpicker
05-19-2017, 07:34 PM
the ad never specifies that the dad is dead. I watched this ad before I saw this post. When I heard the ladies description of the dad, I just assumed that the dad was gay and left so he could be happy

Rain Man
05-19-2017, 09:11 PM
the ad never specifies that the dad is dead. I watched this ad before I saw this post. When I heard the ladies description of the dad, I just assumed that the dad was gay and left so he could be happy

I could see a scenario where the dad left after he watched the kid try to kick a soccer ball. Even if you were a great father, that would be hard to handle.

Hammock Parties
05-19-2017, 09:12 PM
they should have filmed a follow up commercial where the dad comes back and they eat mcdonalds together

Rain Man
05-19-2017, 09:19 PM
they should have filmed a follow up commercial where the dad comes back and they eat mcdonalds together

Do you think that maybe the absence of a father is why he can't kick a soccer ball? Maybe that's not a genetic thing, but rather an environmental factor. His mom didn't look like the type who would teach him to kick. I'm not sure if she's teaching him how to pick up girls, either.

And what is the kid saying at 0:57? It's right before the part about picking up girls. It sounds like he's saying, "He liked tits, though", which fits perfect in context, but I doubt that's what he's saying.

Fishpicker
05-19-2017, 09:49 PM
And what is the kid saying at 0:57? It's right before the part about picking up girls. It sounds like he's saying, "He liked tits, though", which fits perfect in context, but I doubt that's what he's saying.

He liked techno?

thus I assumed gay

UL Washington
05-19-2017, 10:12 PM
The real issue is clearly the mom fucked the postman and got knocked up, that kid is not at all like the father.

Fish
05-20-2017, 11:12 AM
That mom is a LYING BITCH!!

Boycott McDonalds!

InChiefsHeaven
05-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Interesting they make the ad for overseas...I don't know why, but it's interesting. When I think McDonalds, I think 'murica, not the bloody Brits...

TinyEvel
05-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Give me a Filet-O-fish right when it's made and that's one of the best fast food sandwiches IMO. That bun is so soft and steamy when done right. I got one on Good Friday once, they must have been selling a lot of them because this thing was fresh as a daisy and damn it was good.

Rain Man
05-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Give me a Filet-O-fish right when it's made and that's one of the best fast food sandwiches IMO. That bun is so soft and steamy when done right. I got one on Good Friday once, they must have been selling a lot of them because this thing was fresh as a daisy and damn it was good.

You might want to sit down. I think I know who your father is.

bevischief
05-20-2017, 11:49 AM
ROFL

Beef Supreme
05-20-2017, 01:32 PM
seems to me the kid sucks at everything.

That's because he didn't have a dad to teach him not to be a fuck-up you heartless bastards. :D

Bwana
05-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Speaking of burger joints.........

MINNEAPOLIS -

Employees at a fast food restaurant in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, say a woman sprayed them with Mace during a dispute over fresh french fries.

According to the criminal complaint, police went to Wendy's Thursday afternoon after receiving a call about a disturbance, CBS Minneapolis reports.

When police arrived, employees told them 25-year-old Eiram Chanel Amir Dixson came through the drive-thru, ordered food and asked that her french fries be fresh.

During an ensuing argument, the employees said Dixson reached through the window.
Then an employee threw a soda at her.

Dixson grabbed Mace from her car and sprayed it through the drive-thru window, according to the employees.

The manager of the restaurant was hit directly in the face and another employee was also hit.

Dixson faces one charge of use of tear gas to immobilize.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-charged-for-macing-fast-food-employees-over-stale-french-fries/

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2017, 06:57 PM

MINNEAPOLIS -

Employees at a fast food restaurant in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, say a woman sprayed them with Mace during a dispute over fresh french fries.

According to the criminal complaint, police went to Wendy's Thursday afternoon after receiving a call about a disturbance, CBS Minneapolis reports.

When police arrived, employees told them 25-year-old Eiram Chanel Amir Dixson came through the drive-thru, ordered food and asked that her french fries be fresh.

During an ensuing argument, the employees said Dixson reached through the window.

Dixson grabbed Mace from her car and sprayed it through the drive-thru window, according to the employees.

The manager of the restaurant was hit directly in the face and another employee was also hit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-charged-for-macing-fast-food-employees-over-stale-french-fries/

It's about damned time. Fast food fries are not meant to be served after more than 10 minutes under a heat lamp; to do so is barbaric.
This Dixson woman is a patriot and should be given the keys to the city.

Rasputin
05-21-2017, 09:16 AM
When she said shiny shoes I thought they were going show Ronald McDonald red shiny shoes and it turned out he was the kids father.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Can I get a mcpick twoooooo....graves

InChiefsHeaven
05-22-2017, 05:21 AM
When she said shiny shoes I thought they were going show Ronald McDonald red shiny shoes and it turned out he was the kids father.

ROFL It occurred to me too...

rabblerouser
05-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Jeefus.

BlackOp
05-22-2017, 10:55 AM
The ad should have ended with Timmy, eating fries, looking through the bedroom keyhole...and watching Ronald doing his mom.

ptlyon
05-22-2017, 11:10 AM
It's about damned time. Fast food fries are not meant to be served after more than 10 minutes under a heat lamp; to do so is barbaric.
This Dixson woman is a patriot and should be given the keys to the city.

Just order your fries without salt and a packet of salt.

Damn there's some gems of responses in here ROFL

Eleazar
05-22-2017, 11:12 AM

MINNEAPOLIS -

Coon Ratchet ROFL

Eleazar
05-22-2017, 11:14 AM
As far as the ad goes, I think it's one of those things that you have to be silly and looking to be offended to get worked up about it, but McDonald's should also know that there are enough of those people out there today that it was going to be controversial and cause the offense culture to start a furor about it. Poor decision to waste the money making it.

BlackOp
05-22-2017, 11:20 AM
The ad should have ended with Timmy, eating fries, looking through the bedroom keyhole...and watching Ronald doing his mom.

Ronald's screaming "who's your daddy"...then cut to the kid dressed like a clown and Ronald teaching him how to hit a baseball...then eating another filet-o-fish..then kicking a soccer ball..then another filet-o-fish..then the obese clown kid on a ventilator with Ronald holding his hand...while the heart meter mainlines.

MaDonald's logo with "Whose YOUR Daddy" is the last shot ...it's the next "I'm loving it"

Steron
05-22-2017, 11:41 AM
I saw nothing wrong with it.

Rain Man
05-22-2017, 11:50 AM

That would have been an awesome commercial.

Al Bundy
05-22-2017, 12:15 PM
This commercial made me wonder if my "dad" is dead. Yep, he sure is, maybe I will drive to New Mexico to urinate on his grave. Thank you McDonalds.

ChiTown
05-22-2017, 03:00 PM
This commercial made me wonder if my "dad" is dead. Yep, he sure is, maybe I will drive to New Mexico to urinate on his grave. Thank you McDonalds.

:eek:

Hammock Parties
05-22-2017, 06:44 PM
I'm guessing they wanted to rip off this ad.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rpq4NXtokNU?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>