PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs secondary stats

RunKC
05-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Wow seems like we are loaded here.

Eric Berry-all pro. We know he's elite.
Marcus Peters-see Eric Berry.
Ron Parker-Broke up more passes than any safety per PFF (https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/868485969816825857) 3rd in NFL last season at overall passes defended.
Daniel Sorenson-3 INT's, 6 passes defended
Steven Nelson-tied for 9th in the NFL in passes defended with 16. Only gave up 3 TD's in 15 games.
Terrance Mitchell (once elevated to the roster through week 13-17)-5th in passes defended, 45.5% completion percentage allowed, 58.8 opposing QB rating when targeted.

Pretty strong group overall

BossChief
05-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Big pimpin spendin cheese

threebag
05-28-2017, 02:56 PM
so we can't stop the run and we weren't able to run it ourselves

RealSNR
05-28-2017, 02:56 PM
It's why I kind of wished we had passed on Daniel Sorensen's new contract so we could use that money to find help at LB. We've been doing so well at drafting guys the year before, letting them come along slowly via special teams, etc, and then in the 2nd year saying, "K. You're up. Don't suck." Would have liked to seen that done for Eric Murray.

But this is probably safer, too. Reid has also been good about finding playing time for guys who deserve to do more. If Murray is ready, he'll find ways to contribute, even with Sorensen's deal giving us more incentive to first turn to him when we need that 3rd safety.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-28-2017, 03:47 PM
It's why I kind of wished we had passed on Daniel Sorensen's new contract so we could use that money to find help at LB. We've been doing so well at drafting guys the year before, letting them come along slowly via special teams, etc, and then in the 2nd year saying, "K. You're up. Don't suck." Would have liked to seen that done for Eric Murray.

But this is probably safer, too. Reid has also been good about finding playing time for guys who deserve to do more. If Murray is ready, he'll find ways to contribute, even with Sorensen's deal giving us more incentive to first turn to him when we need that 3rd safety.

Passing on Sorenson is just dumb. He's not elite but you need those lunchpail guys to fill out your roster.

New World Order
05-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Mitchell may be THE diamond in the rough.

TLO
05-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Passing on Sorenson is just dumb. He's not elite but you need those lunchpail guys to fill out your roster.

"lunchpail" - AKA - white guys

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-28-2017, 04:14 PM
"lunchpail" - AKA - white guys

Dumbass !

beach tribe
05-28-2017, 04:39 PM
so we can't stop the run and we weren't able to run it ourselves

You in the right thread??

BTW, it's a passing league.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
05-28-2017, 05:34 PM

Exactly.

BJ Kissel said Sorenson had a hand in the most plays involving a turnover then anyone else on the team.

"He's white, He sucks " - CP

TigeRRUppeRRcut
05-28-2017, 05:37 PM
You in the right thread??

BTW, it's a passing league.

Every smart and successful coach will tell you that you use the running game to open opportunities in the passing game.

That's why this trade up for Kareem Hunt was such a good, smart move by Dorsey.

RunKC
05-28-2017, 05:47 PM
I like Sorenson's contract set up. $1.7 million is cheap for this season, then one season of rich pay for him at $4.8 million, but if he plays poorly we can get money back in 2019.

Good contract from Dorsey

pugsnotdrugs19
05-28-2017, 05:57 PM
There is some buzz around the two UFA kids from Oklahoma State too. Jordan Sterns (S) and Ashton Lampkin (CB).

Hopefully one or both of them pan out.

Sandy Vagina
05-28-2017, 07:15 PM
I liked what I saw of DJ White also, before he was injured with that broken hand. I can understand why they passed on a CB, despite a strong class. It does put pressure on so many brokedicked options +/or those with still much to prove, though.

-King-
05-28-2017, 10:20 PM
This will be a great defense if we get Berry and Parker at their natural position of DE.
Posted via Mobile Device