PDA

View Full Version : Life Carpet Installer Screw Up Question...

petegz28
06-05-2017, 08:34 AM
For those of you who have experience installing carpet I would really appreciate some advice. I recently had my living room, dining room, hallway and 2 small flights of stairs carpeted. The installers ran a seam right across the middle of the living room floor going from the front of the house to the back. The builder had run the seem closer to the wall going from one side of the house to the other and it was covered up by furniture, etc.

They did a crap job on the seam and came back out and fixed it. But you can still see the seam, obviously. I am having a hard time getting the installer to respond now. He told me there was some reason or another for running the seam that way but I don't buy it. The living room is only 15x17. The dining room is roughly 12x13. I'm clueless when it comes to installing carpet but it appears they laid the carpet in the wrong direction which is why they had to put 2 huge pieces in the living room.

Anyhow, I am starting to talk with the people I bought the carpet from and look for a new installer but I most certainly don't want to flip the additional cost out of my pocket. Also the installers tore up my wood trim and some of the walls and I even tried to be nice and told the owner that if he makes the seam right then not to worry about the other stuff. I didn't even get so much as $1 off of my bill. And I have used the guy before so I am starting to think he knows his guys did a crap job and is trying to run from doing anything costly and will even give up my business.

Am I on ground to sue this guy if I have to pay for this to be re-done properly by someone else?

petegz28
06-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Also, I should mention we wanted him to do some tile work on a couple entry ways. I asked if the tile and carpet had to be done at the same time and he said it would be best because he would have to leave the carpet longer if he didn't do the tile so when he did the tile, bla, bla bla. So I rushed out and bought tile and then he said they didn't have time to do it. I asked the installers if they were going to leave the carpet longer for the tile job and they said there was no need for that. So I am really wondering if they fucked up this job all the way around or what?

ptlyon
06-05-2017, 08:47 AM
We Be Carpet and Shit - Free complimentary taillight guarantee!

Ming the Merciless
06-05-2017, 08:52 AM
No you should not see any seam.

The labor should've been about 300 bucks

Carpet maybe 6 or 7 hundred

Padding no more than 150 for 8 pownd

So say 1200 TOPS for this job and you should not see the seam

petegz28
06-05-2017, 08:55 AM

Well, the carpet was $15 a yard, between pad and carpet we paid $1600. Install was $700 including fees for moving furniture, using my vacuums (lol) and what not.

petegz28
06-05-2017, 08:57 AM

We had a hallway and 2 sets of stairs done as well...

Kman34
06-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Had Home Depot do mine... They did a excellent job.. measured the rooms before and no seams...Sounds like unprofessionals...hope you get this resolved...

J Diddy
06-05-2017, 09:03 AM
It's been my experience that when we age we tend to show some seams. The real question is do the drapes match the carpet?

petegz28
06-05-2017, 09:05 AM

Carpet: 705 sqf @ $1.56 = 1099.80
Pad: 705 sqf $ $.40 = $282

Add in tax of $127 and it came out to $1509 for carpet and pad

Rain Man
06-05-2017, 09:06 AM
We moved offices this year and they laid down carpet in our new space. I could be wrong, but I thought the carpet came in an 8' or 12' width or something, so rooms your size might end up with a seam if the figure is 8'. We had a few areas like that in some of our offices, but the seams aren't noticeable at all. They were also good about trying to put seams in doorways and stuff so it's less noticeable.

Ming the Merciless
06-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Carpet: 705 sqf @ $1.56 = 1099.80
Pad: 705 sqf $ $.40 = $282

Add in tax of $127 and it came out to $1509 for carpet and pad

12x13=156^2
15x17=255^2

unless your stairs are 300^2 I dont see how you had 700^2ft

I did a rough calculation and figured it around 45 or 50 yards (no more than 500 square feet)

Ming the Merciless
06-05-2017, 09:15 AM
I think they nickel and dimed you a couple/few hundred by:

1) selling you too much material
2) the carpet price was OK per square foot, but I think they over sold you (too many square feet)
3) they charged you too much for padding and sold you too much
4) they also charged too much for labor...that is not more than a 300-400$ job. even in california

between that and the poor seaming, do not use them again...

You might be better off having a better guy come in and re-do the seam and stretch it for a couple hours of labor than bothering wasting time on a lawsuit IMO...just never use them again and tell everyone how shitty they treated you. KArma is a bitch for them

I do get pretty good deals and I have an outstanding carpet guy......but I would look for a different installer. Do you guys have any 'Tom Duffy' stores there? I buy my pad from them....and I shop around for my carpet....I then have my carpet installer pick everything up , he charges about 5$ a yard for pad and carpet install which is about 55 cents per sq ft....

SBInfinity
06-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Anyhow, I am starting to talk with the people I bought the carpet from and look for a new installer but I most certainly don't want to flip the additional cost out of my pocket. Also the installers tore up my wood trim and some of the walls and I even tried to be nice and told the owner that if he makes the seam right then not to worry about the other stuff. I didn't even get so much as $1 off of my bill. And I have used the guy before so I am starting to think he knows his guys did a crap job and is trying to run from doing anything costly and will even give up my business.

Am I on ground to sue this guy if I have to pay for this to be re-done properly by someone else?

Why did you have it installed by someone other than who sold you the carpet?
Go to Nebraska Furniture Mart
done

petegz28
06-05-2017, 09:47 AM
I think they nickel and dimed you a couple/few hundred by:

1) selling you too much material
2) the carpet price was OK per square foot, but I think they over sold you (too many square feet)
3) they charged you too much for padding and sold you too much
4) they also charged too much for labor...that is not more than a 300-400$ job. even in california

between that and the poor seaming, do not use them again...

You might be better off having a better guy come in and re-do the seam and stretch it for a couple hours of labor than bothering wasting time on a lawsuit IMO...just never use them again and tell everyone how shitty they treated you. KArma is a bitch for them

I do get pretty good deals and I have an outstanding carpet guy......but I would look for a different installer. Do you guys have any 'Tom Duffy' stores there? I buy my pad from them....and I shop around for my carpet....I then have my carpet installer pick everything up , he charges about 5$ a yard for pad and carpet install which is about 55 cents per sq ft....

We got our carpet and pad from a company called Pro-Source. The installer had done work in my rental property and my Brother In Law's house without any complaints. Speaking of stretching, when they came back to fix the seam, the Owner told me they have that stretched tighter than a trampoline. That seems like not a good thing in my opinion.

petegz28
06-05-2017, 09:49 AM
12x13=156^2
15x17=255^2

unless your stairs are 300^2 I dont see how you had 700^2ft

I did a rough calculation and figured it around 45 or 50 yards (no more than 500 square feet)

I know there is a rule that says you should plan for 20% overage with carpet. How legit that is, I have no idea.

The problem is they ran the carpet in the wrong direction, imo. Instead of running the carpet 12x17 and then putting another 3X17 strip closer to the wall like the builder did. They ran 12x15 and then another 5x15 or so, which caused a seam to run across the middle of the floor.

petegz28
06-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Another question I had was where they laid the seams, should I feel something different under the carpet? If I walk along where they laid the seam if feels like there is something underneath there. I know they use that glue strip or whatever but I mean, I can feel it which I never could on my old carpet. I didn't know if that's cause I am using better pad or what but if if the carpet is not laying flush on the pad, that's going to make the seam worse, right?

mikeyis4dcats.
06-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Another question I had was where they laid the seams, should I feel something different under the carpet? If I walk along where they laid the seam if feels like there is something underneath there. I know they use that glue strip or whatever but I mean, I can feel it which I never could on my old carpet. I didn't know if that's cause I am using better pad or what but if if the carpet is not laying flush on the pad, that's going to make the seam worse, right?

the seams are just made with tape, you shouldn't feel anything significant

petegz28
06-05-2017, 10:38 AM
the seams are just made with tape, you shouldn't feel anything significant

I definitely feel something on both seams.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BlackHelicopters
06-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Move on. Never use them. Contact A Gen in your state. File a complaint. See what happens .also, of course, never use them again.

Bugeater
06-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Why did you have it installed by someone other than who sold you the carpet?
Go to Nebraska Furniture Mart
done
NFM doesn't actually install the carpet, they just use local subs. But it does give you somebody to bitch at if they do a shit job.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-05-2017, 01:43 PM
NFM doesn't actually install the carpet, they just use local subs. But it does give you somebody to bitch at if they do a shit job.

as do the vast majority of carpet retailers.

petegz28
06-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Amazingly, 20 minutes after I left him a voice mail telling him he lost the tile work and that I will be pursuing methods to get the carpet "done right" and he would be hearing from me when I got the bill for that, I get a text saying he sent the pictures to the Carpet Rep and is\was waiting on a response from them before he called me.

I'm like yea, bullshit. You sat on it and when you heard your ass was losing work and might be getting taken to court you got off your ass and did something.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Amazingly, 20 minutes after I left him a voice mail telling him he lost the tile work and that I will be pursuing methods to get the carpet "done right" and he would be hearing from me when I got the bill for that, I get a text saying he sent the pictures to the Carpet Rep and is\was waiting on a response from them before he called me.

I'm like yea, bullshit. You sat on it and when you heard your ass was losing work and might be getting taken to court you got off your ass and did something.

honestly if you already paid him, you don't have too much leverage except small claims court, and even then claiming your award can be tough.

petegz28
06-05-2017, 02:03 PM
honestly if you already paid him, you don't have too much leverage except small claims court, and even then claiming your award can be tough.

True but he gets drug through the mud doing so. I am fully prepared for him to tell me to **** off but he depends on word of mouth for his business so, he won't be helping himself, that's for sure. If I wanted to be a real prick I could put a lien on his house or business assuming I won in court and he didn't want to pay.

srvy
06-05-2017, 02:26 PM
The times I have had new carpet installed they always went over with me where the seam would be. If I remember right some carpet rolls are manufactured in different widths so this installer maybe used the carpet more efficiently putting the seam in worst area a highly traveled one. This could all be incorrect now as its been near 10 years since my last install.

petegz28
06-05-2017, 02:52 PM
The times I have had new carpet installed they always went over with me where the seam would be. If I remember right some carpet rolls are manufactured in different widths so this installer maybe used the carpet more efficiently putting the seam in worst area a highly traveled one. This could all be incorrect now as its been near 10 years since my last install.

This carpet only comes in 12ft which is fine. That's what the builder used. This comes down to the direction they laid it. If they would have laid it 12 ft wide from back of house towards the front then they could have ran the seam 3ft away from the outer wall along the same piece. That is what the builder did and that seam was covered by furniture and stuff.

These guys ran it 12 ft wide from side-side. So then they had to run another piece another 5 ft piece along that with the seam going front to back, across the living room floor instead of side-side, along the outer wall like they should have. I don't know what made them do that but to me it's a complete and total fuck up.

SBInfinity
06-05-2017, 03:02 PM

which is a huge benefit

Otis Day
06-05-2017, 03:09 PM
12' wide is the standard, and the installer should always put the seam farthest away from the walking path. If they didn't, either they are not experienced or they were trying to install as not to waste any carpet. However, they should never do that at the expense of putting the seam in the middle of the room without consulting you. From what you have written, inexperience seems most likely.

Dinny Bossa Nova
06-05-2017, 03:18 PM
12' wide is the standard, and the installer should always put the seam farthest away from the walking path. If they didn't, either they are not experienced or they were trying to install as not to waste any carpet. However, they should never do that at the expense of putting the seam in the middle of the room without consulting you. From what you have written, inexperience seems most likely.

Otis!!!!!

MY MAN!!!!!!!

Dinny

petegz28
06-05-2017, 03:56 PM

Actually based on what I can remember of his ramblings, I think it was the save carpet thing.

petegz28
06-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Manager from the place I purchased the carpet is coming out today to look at the seam(s). He has to determine if it is a problem with the carpet or a problem with the install. Dare I say both but I won't be surprised when they point the finger at the installer. Considering the seam never should have been done that way, they have the carpet stretched "tighter than a trampoline" and you feel something under the carpet the length of the seam, I'd say it was a shit job.

Ming the Merciless
06-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Manager from the place I purchased the carpet is coming out today to look at the seam(s). He has to determine if it is a problem with the carpet or a problem with the install. Dare I say both but I won't be surprised when they point the finger at the installer. Considering the seam never should have been done that way, they have the carpet stretched "tighter than a trampoline" and you feel something under the carpet the length of the seam, I'd say it was a shit job.

well hopefully they will help u get it sorted out...you bought so much extra, that they shouldnt need to stretch it that tight....and you shouldnt have had to buy that much extra padding, since it doesnt matter where the seams go on the pad....also the installation rate should be on the size of the rooms/stairs, not the carpet u bought....

all in all i agree it points to bad installer....

I hope you get this sorted out man...this kinda stuff pisses me off..there is really no reason for it other than them trying to make a quick buck...or maybe the guy is on dope or something...

best of luck man

petegz28
06-07-2017, 11:30 AM
well hopefully they will help u get it sorted out...you bought so much extra, that they shouldnt need to stretch it that tight....and you shouldnt have had to buy that much extra padding, since it doesnt matter where the seams go on the pad....also the installation rate should be on the size of the rooms/stairs, not the carpet u bought....

I hope you get this sorted out man...this kinda stuff pisses me off..there is really no reason for it other than them trying to make a quick buck...or maybe the guy is on dope or something...

best of luck man

yeah, iirc, the installer said something about running a seam there to save buying extra carpet or something I don't know. They didn't have a lot left over that's for sure. Either way, what sucks is I won't be able to be there when this guy comes out today. My Wife, who can be a real bitch about these things, wll be and I told her that under no circumstance is there to be a 3rd party blame, i.e. Me. It is either the carpet or the install job. Do not accept anything else.

petegz28
06-07-2017, 11:32 AM

best of luck man

I am also curious as to exactly WTF I am feeling under the carpet along the seams? It's like the edges of the carpet are sitting on top of something.

petegz28
06-07-2017, 03:27 PM
So the carpet manager came out and I guess immediately stated the seams were done like shit. As far as laying a seam across the floor he said he couldn't say he would do it differently because the place where the seam would have to go in the other room would be in front of a slider and with the light, etc he wouldn't like that.

Also said there are "hard pieces" under the seams from overheating I guess and that the rest is just tape that will go down after a bit. Said the installer needs to re-do the seams and if it's not to our liking they will re-order the carpet but I have to pay for a different installer which will cost me about $300

mikeyis4dcats.
06-07-2017, 03:47 PM
So the carpet manager came out and I guess immediately stated the seams were done like shit. As far as laying a seam across the floor he said he couldn't say he would do it differently because the place where the seam would have to go in the other room would be in front of a slider and with the light, etc he wouldn't like that.

Also said there are "hard pieces" under the seams from overheating I guess and that the rest is just tape that will go down after a bit. Said the installer needs to re-do the seams and if it's not to our liking they will re-order the carpet but I have to pay for a different installer which will cost me about $300

you shouldn't have to accept damaged material at the seams due to installer negligence. Push for full replacement at their cost.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-07-2017, 03:48 PM
if you paid by credit card you have chargeback as leverage. If not, then a) why did you pay in full before accepting install and b) you don't have much leverage

petegz28
06-07-2017, 03:53 PM
if you paid by credit card you have chargeback as leverage. If not, then a) why did you pay in full before accepting install and b) you don't have much leverage

Not getting into why we paid. We didn't pay until they fixed the seam the first time and it looked good for about 4 hours. I just told you that they are going to reorder the carpet if I don't like the next attempt at fixing the seams. And if I understand them right, which I am waiting to clarify, I may not even have to do that. But I have to pay for the install if it is done by someone else.

scorpio
06-07-2017, 04:01 PM
yeah, iirc, the installer said something about running a seam there to save buying extra carpet or something I don't know. They didn't have a lot left over that's for sure. Either way, what sucks is I won't be able to be there when this guy comes out today. My Wife, who can be a real bitch about these things, wll be and I told her that under no circumstance is there to be a 3rd party blame, i.e. Me. It is either the carpet or the install job. Do not accept anything else.

Are you on drugs? how can you not remember this very important conversation? If you say you don't remember and the contractor says he does, he wins in a legal setting.

SAUTO
06-07-2017, 06:10 PM
True but he gets drug through the mud doing so. I am fully prepared for him to tell me to **** off but he depends on word of mouth for his business so, he won't be helping himself, that's for sure. If I wanted to be a real prick I could put a lien on his house or business assuming I won in court and he didn't want to pay.

And then you have to pay to keep the lein up too iirc.

petegz28
06-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Are you on drugs? how can you not remember this very important conversation? If you say you don't remember and the contractor says he does, he wins in a legal setting.
Politely fuck off

srvy
06-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Damn Pete what a freaking mess contractor had to be a rookie and used to much hot glue. Also possible over stretched.

scorpio
06-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Politely **** off

Sorry, I can't help someone who is chronically dumb.

scorpio
06-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Willfully stupid. You cost yourself hundreds of extra dollars (if only that) because you are an idiot.

scorpio
06-07-2017, 06:50 PM
How did you let another man take advantage of you like that?

Not sure I could face my wife.

ping2000
06-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Were the installers Russian?

petegz28
06-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Damn Pete what a freaking mess contractor had to be a rookie and used to much hot glue. Also possible over stretched.
I've used him before. He sent his jv team I think was the problem.

LoneWolf
06-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I can't help someone who is chronically dumb.

Willfully stupid. You cost yourself hundreds of extra dollars (if only that) because you are an idiot.

How did you let another man take advantage of you like that?

Not sure I could face my wife.

Is it national act like a dick day and I missed the announcement?

petegz28
06-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Heh...my shoie guy is Russian and dude is awesome

scorpio
06-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Is it national act like a dick day and I missed the announcement?

I just really don't like that guy. Stupidity bothers me.

stlchiefs
06-07-2017, 10:11 PM
I'd spend the $300 and get new carpet and a new installer on the job. They're not going to be able to lipstick this pig.

Miles
06-08-2017, 12:58 AM
I just really don't like that guy. Stupidity bothers me.

Not remembering the exact details of something like replacing carpet?

scorpio
06-08-2017, 05:11 AM
You really wouldn't remember the details of a multi-thousand dollar contract you signed days ago? Maybe you and Pete should be married.

scorpio
06-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Petegz28 is either:

a) mentally retarded (seems likely)
b) willfully stupid
c) not telling the whole truth in this thread and trying to get over on a contractor
d) all of the above

petegz28
06-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Petegz28 is either:

b) willfully stupid
c) not telling the whole truth in this thread and trying to get over on a contractor
d) all of the above

You sure seem awfully obsessed with me for whatever reason. I mean, for not liking me much as you stated you sure seem awfully worried about this. Typically when I dislike someone to the level of which you claim to dislike me, I just ignore them as most adults would. Never mind you have gone into multiple threads just to tell me how you wish I would die and what not. I'm sorry if I'm in your head, that's your problem.

ptlyon
06-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Comey will let us know later today

WilliamTheIrish
06-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I definitely feel something on both seams.

Pete, the seam isn't meant for you to run your dick over it. Try using your foot.

vailpass
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Petegz28 is either:

b) willfully stupid
d) all of the above

Did Pete bang your wife?

Sassy Squatch
06-08-2017, 07:55 AM
The fuck is wrong with this scorpio fella? Most oddly personal roast I've seen in a while here.

petegz28
06-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Pete, the seam isn't meant for you to run your dick over it. Try using your foot.

Might explain a few things.....

mikeyis4dcats.
06-08-2017, 08:46 AM
The **** is wrong with this scorpio fella? Most oddly personal roast I've seen in a while here.

he might be a ref

ptlyon
06-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Did Pete bang your wife?

And she apparently liked it

vailpass
06-08-2017, 08:56 AM
And she apparently liked it

He must have hit the seam right down the middle.

scorpio
06-08-2017, 11:03 AM
You sure seem awfully obsessed with me for whatever reason. I mean, for not liking me much as you stated you sure seem awfully worried about this. Typically when I dislike someone to the level of which you claim to dislike me, I just ignore them as most adults would. Never mind you have gone into multiple threads just to tell me how you wish I would die and what not. I'm sorry if I'm in your head, that's your problem.

Sorry little fella.

Iczer
06-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Sorry If I missed it, but who did you buy carpet and install from?

I used Richard's Carpet in Liberty and was thoroughly impressed with their support. They contract out installers.

Got my entire house done and was supposed to be 2 days.. The first guy did most of the work himself, which took forever. Ended up like 4 days, on the 4th day i literally helped him stretch the carpet in my basement. There ended up being bad seams through the house, the carpet he cut for my bedroom was cut like an inch short so he had to stretch the living shit out of it.

Needless to say, we called Richard's carpet, they sent out their main installer who vouched for the horrible job. They ended up recarpeting my entire house with new carpet again.

petegz28
06-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Sorry If I missed it, but who did you buy carpet and install from?

I used Richard's Carpet in Liberty and was thoroughly impressed with their support. They contract out installers.

Got my entire house done and was supposed to be 2 days.. The first guy did most of the work himself, which took forever. Ended up like 4 days, on the 4th day i literally helped him stretch the carpet in my basement. There ended up being bad seams through the house, the carpet he cut for my bedroom was cut like an inch short so he had to stretch the living shit out of it.

Needless to say, we called Richard's carpet, they sent out their main installer who vouched for the horrible job. They ended up recarpeting my entire house with new carpet again.

ProSource is who we got the carpet from. The installer I knew from previous jobs and he is the one that directed me to them. After talking with ProSource today they have agreed to re-order the carpet and have it laid down with the seams in less obvious spots. The only caveat is the installer. If I want a different installer I will have to pay for the install. Of course the installer may tell me to fuck off in which case I have to get another installer anyway.

ptlyon
06-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Of course the installer may tell me to **** off in which case I have to get another installer anyway.

You should be so lucky

petegz28
06-08-2017, 01:23 PM
You should be so lucky

Well I think he is pretty much balking at this anyway. He just gave me a line about how this carpet is going to show seams and he thinks things should really just stay where they are because if they run the seam in front of the slider the light is going to hit is and bla bla bla. Nevermind I keep telling him that a seam 3 ft from the wall and mostly covered by furniture is better than a seam running across the middle of a floor and totally uncovered. So I think he is going to walk away anyway.

ptlyon
06-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Well I think he is pretty much balking at this anyway. He just gave me a line about how this carpet is going to show seams and he thinks things should really just stay where they are because if they run the seam in front of the slider the light is going to hit is and bla bla bla. Nevermind I keep telling him that a seam 3 ft from the wall and mostly covered by furniture is better than a seam running across the middle of a floor and totally uncovered. So I think he is going to walk away anyway.

If he's pissy he probably won't do a good job. Too bad the store won't stand behind another installer. Definitely tell them he sucks.

petegz28
06-08-2017, 01:44 PM
If he's pissy he probably won't do a good job. Too bad the store won't stand behind another installer. Definitely tell them he sucks.

They will get me another installer. The installer I used recommended the place I got the carpet from, not the other way around.

ptlyon
06-08-2017, 01:48 PM
They will get me another installer. The installer I used recommended the place I got the carpet from, not the other way around.

Sorry, meant them pay for a different installer

Dartgod
06-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Sorry, meant them pay for a different installer

It sounds like Pete chose the installer, not the store. So I can see why they wouldn't stand behind his work.

petegz28
06-08-2017, 02:29 PM
It sounds like Pete chose the installer, not the store. So I can see why they wouldn't stand behind his work.

Correct. And they know my installer and work with him thus the installer pointing me to them for the carpet. But yeah, the installer is not really their problem.

SAUTO
06-08-2017, 05:05 PM
I would just bite the bullet and pay someone else to install it. It's $300. Who really cares?

SAUTO
06-08-2017, 05:06 PM
My bar tab was almost that much last night...

loochy
06-09-2017, 12:10 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder295/21695295.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
06-09-2017, 12:23 PM

That's a lot of strawberry daiquiris. :D

notorious
06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
LMAO

I am picturing Sauto knocking out a valve job while a canned daiquiri sits on the fender.

SAUTO
06-09-2017, 02:15 PM
That's a lot of strawberry daiquiris. :D

That's me all the way

SAUTO
06-09-2017, 02:16 PM
LMAO

I am picturing Sauto knocking out a valve job while a canned daiquiri sits on the fender.

Yeah...no.

No alcohol allowed in my shop. I usually give the guys shit about it even when they are working at night on their own stuff.

It doesn't mix

notorious
06-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Yeah...no.

No alcohol allowed in my shop. I usually give the guys shit about it even when they are working at night on their own stuff.

It doesn't mix

You and I think alike.

I don't let anyone have a beer around the jobsites, and a frown if I catch them smoking where a customer can see them. It's unprofessional.

SAUTO
06-09-2017, 02:49 PM
You and I think alike.

I don't let anyone have a beer around the jobsites, and a frown if I catch them smoking where a customer can see them. It's unprofessional.

Oh yeah. No smoking in the shop either. They have to do that shit on lunch or break. Out back.

I have fired multiple guys for trying to catch a smoke break on a test drive. Totally unacceptable.

There are a couple guys who will stop by one or twice a week and shoot the shit and drink a beer or two. But no one that works for me does.

SAUTO
06-09-2017, 03:26 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder295/21695295.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

It's almost impossible for me to leave without a couple hundred bucks spent.

I don't drink to drink, I drink to get drunk. I drink doubles. I'm a professional.

But it's only been a couple times in a month, better than a couple times a week...