PDA

View Full Version : Football Derek Carr could get $25 million annually

Pages : [1] 2

RunKC
06-09-2017, 06:05 PM
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2714801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.

Red Dawg
06-09-2017, 06:08 PM
If Mahomes has the skills we will have to pay him the same or more.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2017, 06:10 PM
2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.

That's not how NFL contracts work.

RunKC
06-09-2017, 06:23 PM

The Packers paid Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews a combined $33 million last season and both of them signed contracts more than 3 years ago.

Inflation from 2013 will push Carr/Mack to make $40 million combined or more in 2018 or 2019.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2017, 06:26 PM
The Packers paid Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews a combined $33 million last season and both of them signed contracts more than 3 years ago.

Inflation from 2013 will push Carr/Mack to make $40 million combined or more in 2018 or 2019.

:facepalm:

The first year of a contract isn't the most expensive. It's just the opposite.

Carr and Mack will probably make around $20-25 million in the first year of their new deals.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Just like Alex's contract. But I bet Carr is guananteed at least 50 mil

RunKC
06-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Carr and Mack will probably make around $20-25 million in the first year of their new deals.

That's why I said in my post "2018 or 2019". It's going to happen soon.

POND_OF_RED
06-09-2017, 07:08 PM
It doesn't seem like he's even close to worth that kind of money from what I've seen. Are we really the only team that can make him look like a complete fraud? You'd think teams would study our game tapes more. He's not that hard to beat.

ModSocks
06-09-2017, 07:25 PM
It doesn't seem like he's even close to worth that kind of money from what I've seen. Are we really the only team that can make him look like a complete fraud? You'd think teams would study our game tapes more. He's not that hard to beat.

Exactly. All you need to do is go out and buy some All-Pro pass rushers, an All-Pro safety, a top flight DL and one of the best corners to be drafted in the past 10 years.

Easy.

Eleazar
06-09-2017, 07:30 PM
He's not that good.

notorious
06-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Exactly. All you need to do is go out and buy some All-Pro pass rushers, an All-Pro safety, a top flight DL and one of the best corners to be drafted in the past 10 years.

Easy.

LMAO

Bob Dole
06-09-2017, 07:31 PM
He's not that good.

He is the next Peyton Manning!!!

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Considering that the 2021 CBA *might* see a reduction in TV rights fees, the Raiders would be better suited to give both players front loaded contracts.

Media rights are changing, big time.

POND_OF_RED
06-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Easy.

At least Dorsey knows how to do it. I'd hate to start losing to the Raiders. Looks like Denver keeps him in check too. He looks pretty average against good defenses and unfortunately for him he's in a division with the top 2 defenses in the league. Poor guy.

Bowser
06-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Considering that the 2021 CBA *might* see a reduction in TV rights fees, the Raiders would be better suited to give both players front loaded contracts.

Media rights are changing, big time.

Add in how the NFL is basically becoming unaffordable to watch live for the average fan......

chiefforlife
06-09-2017, 08:03 PM
If Mahomes is that good we have a few years under his rookie contract, after his red shirt year. Then we will have to pay him MORE than that. So what?
Thats what we have all been waiting for, right?

threebag
06-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Sweets and Co. preferred the Choco Peni

Eureka
06-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Raiders have an ascending QB that is getting better year to year. Worth the $$. They also have arguably the best pash rusher in the league to pay. Those are not bad problems to have in the NFL.

Titty Meat
06-09-2017, 10:29 PM
He's not that good.

ROFL he's top 5

threebag
06-09-2017, 10:32 PM
ROFL he's top 5

Depending on which poll you smoke

ClevelandBronco
06-09-2017, 10:41 PM
I hope Bo Jackson's no-football-playing kids already gots theirs.

Eureka
06-09-2017, 10:44 PM
ROFL he's top 5

Most on this board have only seen Carr play against the Chiefs and he hasn't done well against them like most QB's. So I can see why most here would think he's not that good.

If Smith played like Carr peeps here would think Smith is top 5.

RobBlake
06-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Anyone saying Carr isn't that good is embarrassing themselves. Also hisvrushing game was a joke from anyone that watched Murray run.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
06-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Small hands, can't win big games despite playing behind the top O line. By all means sign this kid to a record contract. I beg of you

Psyko Tek
06-09-2017, 11:05 PM
He is the next Peyton Manning!!!

so, a white guy onna popular team, that knows how to run an offense?

Titty Meat
06-09-2017, 11:07 PM
If Mahomes throws 81 tds and 31 picks with a completion % well above 60 will Chirfsplanet be pissed when they pay him 25 mil a year?

threebag
06-09-2017, 11:08 PM

QB

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2017, 11:17 PM

LMAO

Fucking moron

Hammock Parties
06-09-2017, 11:26 PM
LMAO

Fucking moron

ALL MAX NFL CONTRACTS ARE FRONT LOADED BRO SURE SURE

Is it fucking opposite day for you?

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2017, 11:29 PM
ALL MAX NFL CONTRACTS ARE FRONT LOADED BRO SURE SURE

Is it fucking opposite day for you?

Contracts can be structured any way in which the client and team so choose.

But I'm sure that point will always allude you, as no one will ever sign you to a contract to do anything, Mr. 200,000 posts.

ThaVirus
06-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Elude

Bob Dole
06-09-2017, 11:50 PM

The sculptor is already working on his bust for Canton.

Sandy Vagina
06-10-2017, 12:12 AM
is Bob Dole actually Ned Stark?!? Father????

https://media.giphy.com/media/XlS6bLXwoApFe/giphy.gif

Danguardace
06-10-2017, 01:18 AM
I know these guys (Cousins and Carr) were on shitty Rookie deals but the figures being banded around are insane. Sign a sensible deal win some Play-off games first then come back with some leverage.

cmdrzman
06-10-2017, 04:06 AM
Raiders are projected to be 80 million under the cap next year- They have plenty of room to sign both Carr and Mack-

Do players ever really make the full amount of their contracts? Most of it is incentive based right?

Derek Carr is a franchise QB. There's teams that have spent the last 25 years still looking for that franchise QB. Mariota, Carr, Winston etc all these young QB's are the new upcoming QB's in the NFL. This contract for Carr is going to set the rate for guys like Mariota, Winston etc. Teams like the Bucs and Titans all know this and I'm sure most of those teams have likely had conversations with Reggie McKenzie concerning this.. GM's do it all the time-

I think 25 is likely incentive whereas his most likely earning per year will be in and around 20 million a year- Worth every penny of it

ChiefGator
06-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Actually, that IS the way that McKenzie does contracts with his "pay-as-you-go". It will be really interesting to see if he manages to stick to that way of doing contracts with these really big contracts though. He might be forced to give a more traditional contract so the agent can brag about a huge signing bonus. Definitely going to be a challenge for him.

Hammock Parties
06-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Contracts can be structured any way in which the client and team so choose.

But I'm sure that point will always allude you, as no one will ever sign you to a contract to do anything, Mr. 200,000 posts.

1. No shit, but the largest contracts are usually backloaded.

2. "Elude," learn to spell, moron.

3. I've been under a work contract for years.

4. Go fuck yourself.

BigCatDaddy
06-10-2017, 10:08 AM
If ASS was given 17 Carr is worth 25 easy.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-10-2017, 10:11 AM
ROFL he's top 5

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

BigCatDaddy
06-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Yeah, more in the 5-10 range and getting better. Not top 5 YET.

NWTF
06-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Yeah, more in the 5-10 range and getting better. Not top 5 YET.

Thats where Id put him, 5-10.

DaneMcCloud
06-10-2017, 11:03 AM
1. No shit, but the largest contracts are usually backloaded.

2. "Elude," learn to spell, moron.

3. I've been under a work contract for years.

4. Go fuck yourself.

LMAO

Sorry about your labia

jjchieffan
06-10-2017, 11:32 AM

The first year is generally less expensive capwise if they put in a signing bonus and a small first year salary to offset it. But that's usually done to free up cap space in the short term if necessary. I'm not sure what the Raiders cap situation looks like, but they have had tons of space recently. If they have cap space to burn, they could just pay a large first year salary instead of a big signing bonus. Then the first year number would be large. It's smart to do that when possible. Then you aren't creating huge dead money at the end of the contract.

KChiefs1
06-10-2017, 11:54 AM
If ASS was given 17 Carr is worth 25 easy.

That is Carr's best argument I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaVirus
06-10-2017, 11:58 AM
That's pretty insane when you think about it. Guy's basically had no real success in this league.

One elite season statistically speaking. Hasn't touched the post season, no division titles, and can't even beat the Chiefs consistently.

RunKC
06-10-2017, 12:19 PM
That's pretty insane when you think about it. Guy's basically had no real success in this league.

One elite season statistically speaking. Hasn't touched the post season, no division titles, and can't even beat the Chiefs consistently.

That's my thing. Why do teams wilt with these players? Yeah he's turning into a franchise QB, but he doesn't deserve to be paid the best.

Luck went to the AFCCG and has won his division, Wilson has won division titles and lead his team to the SB 2X winning one.

Carr is really good but he hasn't done jack shit yet.

Red Dawg
06-10-2017, 12:21 PM
These QBs are getting paid for what the team believes they will do not what they have done.

O.city
06-10-2017, 12:22 PM
That's my thing. Why do teams wilt with these players? Yeah he's turning into a franchise QB, but he doesn't deserve to be paid the best.

Luck went to the AFCCG and has won his division, Wilson has won division titles and lead his team to the SB 2X winning one.

He's in his 4th year

What's the raiders alternative

Coogs
06-10-2017, 12:25 PM
We will never know for sure at this particular point in time, but without the broken leg, he may have done something in the post season by now.

RunKC
06-10-2017, 12:26 PM
These QBs are getting paid for what the team believes they will do not what they have done.

They need to give him a contract that affords them a way out or year to year basis bc right now there's little difference between Derek Carr and Blake Bortles resume.

BigCatDaddy
06-10-2017, 12:28 PM

As it should be.

O.city
06-10-2017, 12:28 PM
They need to give him a contract that affords them a way out or year to year basis bc right now there's little difference between Derek Carr and Blake Bortles resume.

Whut?

RunKC
06-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Whut?

No division titles, no playoff wins, no playoff starts and the Chiefs own him.

Last year he had the 2nd best supporting cast surrounding him and did nothing. He deserves to get paid but a lot, but the most in the NFL?

saphojunkie
06-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Top five QBs occasionally win their division.

ChiefsCountry
06-10-2017, 01:03 PM

Last year he had the 2nd best supporting cast surrounding him and did nothing. He deserves to get paid but a lot, but the most in the NFL?

He did nothing? Only reason the Chiefs won the AFC West is because he got hurt.

BigCatDaddy
06-10-2017, 01:04 PM

Exactly

NWTF
06-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Chiefs fans that think Carr sucks or just isnt that good probably have unrealistic expectations for Mahomes. The Raiders sucked when they drafted him. 4 years later. How may championships, playoff wins, does he have? He must suck then.

Any GM would take the level Carr is at currently for their recently drafted QBs in their 4th year.

Titty Meat
06-10-2017, 01:19 PM
This place is fucking stupid. He was a MVP candidate. If mahomes has his success you'll want him in Canton.

saphojunkie
06-10-2017, 01:22 PM

Conjecture.

ThaVirus
06-10-2017, 01:47 PM
That's my thing.

Well, they really have no other options.

Plus, they drafted and developed the guy. If anyone is going to believe in him, it's the front office. They probably can't wait to lock him up long term in the hopes that he'll keep them a job for the next 10 years.

ThaVirus
06-10-2017, 01:52 PM

Yes, this is the key here.

I'm just saying, it's pretty crazy if you think about it. Most guys get that max contract after some serious success. Flacco won a SB, Rodgers was arguably the best QB, Luck brought his team deeper into the playoffs in each successive year, etc.

And now we're talking about Derek Carr becoming the highest paid player in the league. At this point he's only had one elite season. He could have done some work in the playoffs but due to injury we'll never know. He's yet to win a division title.

RunKC's Bortles comparison won't get much love here but two years ago Bortles threw 45 TDs. It looked like he was primed to take off and become a legitimate top 5 QB and then he followed it up with a horrible campaign. Now people are wondering when the Jags will move on from him.

Anyway, the Raiders have done a great job of surrounding Carr with talent. Look at that offense. It's fucking LOADED. Get that man signed and get ready to make some serious SB runs over the next 3-5 years.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2017, 01:53 PM
I think the NFL should have a salary cap just for QBs...

RunKC
06-10-2017, 01:54 PM

Please tell me what Carr has on his resume that tells the NFL that he should be paid more than Aaron Rodgers.

RunKC
06-10-2017, 02:05 PM
This place is ****ing stupid. He was a MVP candidate. If mahomes has his success you'll want him in Canton.

Nobody said he sucks

Eureka
06-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Please tell me what Carr has on his resume that tells the NFL that he should be paid more than Aaron Rodgers.

Most GM's in the NFL if they could sign him. Including Dorsey.

Halfcan
06-10-2017, 02:42 PM
25 million will buy Carr a lot of eyeliner.

Bewbies
06-10-2017, 02:47 PM

A higher salary cap than when Rodgers signed his deal.

POND_OF_RED
06-10-2017, 03:56 PM

I thought it was because we owned them both times we played them. When did they start deciding division tie breakers by QB injuries?

Chief3188
06-10-2017, 03:59 PM
I thought it was because we owned them both times we played them. When did they start deciding division tie breakers by QB injuries?

Exactly. The Chiefs had to play 2 games same as the Raiders without their starting QB last year. The difference between them is that the Chiefs won their games because they have a balanced team.

staylor26
06-10-2017, 04:09 PM

I hate this ****ing narrative.

1. The Chiefs beat the Riaders twice with Carr, and swept the rest of the division. That's why we won the division

2. There is no gurantee that Carr would've went into Denver and beat a Broncos team with nothing to lose

3. Injuries ****ing happen to everybody. It's not our fault that the Raiders best player is their QB and he got hurt. We played the majority of the past two seasons without our best player and plenty of games without a lot of our other best players. The Raiders as a team have been more fortunate than us with injuries over the past couple of years.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-10-2017, 04:14 PM

Yup, that game where they beat them by 8 points was total pwnage. :rolleyes:

If a Carr-led team faced Denver a second time they're likely 13-3 and there is no tie-breaker.

threebag
06-10-2017, 04:21 PM
I bet some of these guys were high on David Carr too

BigCatDaddy
06-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Exactly. The Chiefs had to play 2 games same as the Raiders without their starting QB last year. The difference between them is that the Chiefs won their games because they have a balanced team.

I hate this ****ing narrative.

1. The Chiefs beat the Riaders twice with Carr, and swept the rest of the division. That's why we won the division

2. There is no gurantee that Carr would've went into Denver and beat a Broncos team with nothing to lose

3. Injuries ****ing happen to everybody. It's not our fault that the Raiders best player is their QB and he got hurt. We played the majority of the past two seasons without our best player and plenty of games without a lot of our other best players. The Raiders as a team have been more fortunate than us with injuries over the past couple of years.

You guys are doing a good job of showing why Carr should get paid.

RunKC
06-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Carr deserves to get paid, but not the most in the league. It's annoying that "good" players hold franchises by the balls and demand to be the top paid player at the position.

Von Miller was the best player at his position and won SB MVP right before he got paid. Justin Houston lead the league in sacks barely missing the record for most sacks in a season. Those are examples of players who earned being the highest paid.

It sucks that players can do this shit, but thankfully we have a good GM who can scout players. And it's not a rivalry thing either. If Dee Ford gets 10 sacks again this year and goes to Dorsey and demands that he pay him $20 million a year, I hope Dorsey tells him to get ****ed.

jaa1025
06-10-2017, 04:43 PM
By the time Mahomes is ready for his 2nd contract, if he is as good as Carr, his contract number might be 30 a year.

jjchieffan
06-10-2017, 05:00 PM

If a Carr-led team faced Denver a second time they're likely 13-3 and there is no tie-breaker.

I can play that game too. Maybe if Houston had played all season, or Jamaal Charles was healthy, then maybe we win one more game and there is no tiebreaker. If you want to use injury to your best player as an excuse, then so will we. Injuries happen to every team. Get over it.

cmdrzman
06-10-2017, 05:06 PM

Did your parents have any children that lived?

cmdrzman
06-10-2017, 05:10 PM

If you think going 12-4 is doing nothing and setting an all time NFL record for TD's passes thrown in the 4th qtr that resulted in wins I'd say you are pretty much right-

ThaVirus
06-10-2017, 05:16 PM

Tell me how much he's accomplished..

ThaVirus
06-10-2017, 05:17 PM
He actually threw 32 TDs in 2015 and then 28 TDs last season so I guess he's had two good seasons.

Guy's awesome.

jjchieffan
06-10-2017, 05:19 PM

That line was lame the first time you used it. Do you think you're being funny? At least get some original material. You have 54 posts and used the same lame comment in 2 of them. You suck at talking smack.

Eureka
06-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Carr deserves to get paid, but not the most in the league. It's annoying that "good" players hold franchises by the balls and demand to be the top paid player at the position.

Von Miller was the best player at his position and won SB MVP right before he got paid. Justin Houston lead the league in sacks barely missing the record for most sacks in a season. Those are examples of players who earned being the highest paid.

It sucks that players can do this shit, but thankfully we have a good GM who can scout players. And it's not a rivalry thing either. If Dee Ford gets 10 sacks again this year and goes to Dorsey and demands that he pay him $20 million a year, I hope Dorsey tells him to get ****ed.

Carr did bring the Raiders out of the dumps after a decade of losing. When Carr went down the team fell apart. Heck they fell apart when he exited the Panthers game. He is their MVP and will get paid like so. In 3 or 4 years his contract will look like a bargain compared to other QB's being signed.

cmdrzman
06-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Tell me how much he's accomplished..

Got damn you're dumb

cmdrzman
06-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Derek Carr was a 2nd rd pick so his contract is shorten by 1 year compared to 1st rd picks

Certainly some of you dummies understand this

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-10-2017, 05:54 PM
I can play that game too. Maybe if Houston had played all season, or Jamaal Charles was healthy, then maybe we win one more game and there is no tiebreaker. If you want to use injury to your best player as an excuse, then so will we. Injuries happen to every team. Get over it.

So go start a thread about Houston or Charles. We'll be here, talking about Carr.

jjchieffan
06-10-2017, 06:01 PM
So go start a thread about Houston or Charles. We'll be here, talking about Carr.

I don't think so. I'll be right here to shoot down your lame excuses as to why your crappy team failed to win the division last year. It was because they weren't good enough to win a game against the team that did win the division. Not because their quarterback got hurt.

BlackOp
06-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Carr was 1-3 against playoff teams last season...should have been 0-4 if the refs in Mexico didn't mark the ball short...three times in a row.

He's a good QB but the hype is manufactured...which is great. I hope he rapes them...

Valiant
06-10-2017, 07:07 PM

You cannot compare to when Rodgers signed to when Carr will. Cap increases and salary inflation go up each year.

If Carr was a chief with his current stats half of you would have Derek as your kids names.

notorious
06-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Carr was 1-3 against playoff teams last season...should have been 0-4 if the refs in Mexico didn't mark the ball short...three times in a row.

He's a good QB but the hype is manufactured...which is great. I hope he rapes them...

This part.

They caught a lot of interesting breaks.

Hammock Parties
06-10-2017, 07:46 PM
This part.

They caught a lot of interesting breaks.

The Chiefs caught the biggest break of all....

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/648/849/hi-res-0d27b2124866eecb7f0a62b693d2a115_crop_north.jpg?1482628070&w=630&h=420

Eleazar
06-10-2017, 07:49 PM

The Andy Reid of QBs. Good enough to make the team watchable, probably not good enough to win the big one unless it's a perfect situation.

DaneMcCloud
06-10-2017, 07:52 PM
The Andy Reid of QBs. Good enough to make the team watchable, probably not good enough to win the big one unless it's a perfect situation.

So you're saying that if Andy Reid had Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers or Phillip Rivers in Philly or KC, he'd still be without a Super Bowl win?

RobBlake
06-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Im guessing you never saw Carr play?

Best22
06-10-2017, 07:55 PM

Uh, the Raiders offense averaged 11.5 points vs KC (and some of that was due to poor special teams play by KC)ROFL

Pwned

RobBlake
06-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Uh, the Raiders offense averaged 11.5 points vs KC (and some of that was due to poor special teams play by KC)ROFL

Pwned

he's not a hall of famer yet duh, doesn't negate what he's done with their current squad.

very well could be a Dak vs Carr rivalry brewing

NJChiefsFan
06-10-2017, 08:03 PM

You were saying he has nothing on his resume. If he didn't get hurt odds are they beat Denver. Even if they don't odds are they beat Houston. He should get paid. Good players get paid higher than better players all the time. It's the time the contract is signed more than which player is better.

jjchieffan
06-10-2017, 08:06 PM
The Chiefs caught the biggest break of all....

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/648/849/hi-res-0d27b2124866eecb7f0a62b693d2a115_crop_north.jpg?1482628070&w=630&h=420

Excuses, excuses. Chiefs win the division, Raiders didn't. Why do you pretend to be a Chiefs and then come in here defending our biggest rivals? Oh wait. I know why. Because that's your thing. Your whole purpose on this site to to be an antagonist.

jjchieffan
06-10-2017, 08:11 PM
he's not a hall of famer yet duh, doesn't negate what he's done with their current squad.

I hope that there is a Mahomes vs Care rivalry brewing. As long as Carr and Dak play in different conferences, there can't be too big of a rivalry. They play every 4 years, unless it's in the Superbowl.

POND_OF_RED
06-10-2017, 08:15 PM

They were desperately missing his 184 yards and 0 TD performance that he put up in the first game. Would have definitely made up the 18 point gap. :rolleyes:

Chief Roundup
06-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Thread title is wrong. It should state average instead of annually as that will likely be the average per year.
With the rise in the salary cap and the importance of the QB position Carr will get that money and most GMs would be happy to pay it if they were in the same position as the Fade.

ThaVirus
06-10-2017, 08:51 PM
The Raiders just fucking bullied the Broncos in their first meeting. That was awesome.

Thanks for the reminder.

vailpass
06-10-2017, 08:53 PM
So you're saying that if Andy Reid had Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers or Phillip Rivers in Philly or KC, he'd still be without a Super Bowl win?

Point set match.

Best22
06-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Dak vs Carr? Whoa whoa whoa, maybe he should try to outplay Alex Smith before we start looking at his outer-conference"rival"

Alex Smith is more than enough for Carr. And that's just As11. Mahomes is just getting warmed up

Eleazar
06-10-2017, 10:25 PM

Read the post again?

BlackOp
06-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Raiders HAVE to pay him...he has them over a barrel. Look what that team was without him...total trash.

The best part... is between Mack, Gabe Jackson and himself...they are going to exhaust the finances Oakland once had to build that FA O-line.

Raiders are like a cheap Seahawk imposter...without the dominant defensive. They can spend until their young superstar contracts come due...which is already happening.

Raiders are 9-7 team with the backing of Vegas hyping them. How many 4th quarter TDs did Carr throw last season? When you see that anomaly....it means the rig was in.

The refs TRIED to make it happen in game 2 against KC...but Carr sucked too much to pull it off.

ThaVirus
06-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Here you go with that "it's rigged" bullshit..

BlackOp
06-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Here you go with that "it's rigged" bullshit..

It's not my job to sway you...one way or another. I will say that holding out hope that a billionaire's "morality" aligns with your own..is both foolish and narcissistic. You are projecting yourself and your life condition on what YOU would do...they dont give a shit.

You simply can not maintain being a billionaire without extortion...it's impossible.

Hunt SR pissed off the mob at some point...and they've made an example of him.

cmdrzman
06-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Raiders HAVE to pay him...he has them over a barrel. Look what that team was without him...total trash.

The best part... is between Mack, Gabe Jackson and himself...they are going to exhaust the finances Oakland once had to build that FA O-line.

Raiders are like a cheap Seahawk imposter...without the dominant defensive. They can spend until their young superstar contracts come due...which is already happening.

Raiders are 9-7 team with the backing of Vegas hyping them. How many 4th quarter TDs did Carr throw last season? When you see that anomaly....it means the rig was in.

The refs TRIED to make it happen in game 2 against KC...but Carr sucked too much to pull it off.

You still think Elvis is alive don't you?

Yeah, the NFL did every thing it could to help the Raiders- Care to explain then if the fix was in how Oakland again led the NFL in penalties? Hell, they had over 200 yards in penalties in the Bucs game and still won-

BlackOp
06-11-2017, 12:40 AM
You still think Elvis is alive don't you?

Yeah, the NFL did every thing it could to help the Raiders- Care to explain then if the fix was in how Oakland again led the NFL in penalties? Hell, they had over 200 yards in penalties in the Bucs game and still won-

Timing is everything...princess. They want Winston to succeed as much as Carr. KC got screwed against the Bucs too...they let them hold all game. It was gross...there is a real fear in the NFL about this new crop of QBs sucking.

Take Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Eli out of the league and what do you have? Rodgers, Wilson and Luck?

They bank on you missing those details...

You're an Elway leg-humper....when your team cheats that much..you either block it out quit watching.

BTW..did you watch game 4 of the NBA? That was some fine, fine officiating...certainly on the up and up. 49 points in the 1st quarter by the 0-3 team. They made SURE there was a game 5...100's of millions were in play. NFL is exactly the same...dont kid yourself.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-11-2017, 01:04 AM
BAH GOD KING, TRIPLE H MAULING CARR WITH THAT SLEDGEHAMMER! HE CAN'T DO THAT! WHAT A SLOBBER-KNOCKER!

cmdrzman
06-11-2017, 04:44 AM
Timing is everything...princess. They want Winston to succeed as much as Carr. KC got screwed against the Bucs too...they let them hold all game. It was gross...there is a real fear in the NFL about this new crop of QBs sucking.

Take Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Eli out of the league and what do you have? Rodgers, Wilson and Luck?

They bank on you missing those details...

You're an Elway leg-humper....when your team cheats that much..you either block it out quit watching.

BTW..did you watch game 4 of the NBA? That was some fine, fine officiating...certainly on the up and up. 49 points in the 1st quarter by the 0-3 team. They made SURE there was a game 5...100's of millions were in play. NFL is exactly the same...dont kid yourself.

You have developed calcium deposits in your medulla oblongata- seek medical attention-

beach tribe
06-11-2017, 07:28 AM
The thread should read:

Carr will get 25 million average....

New World Order
06-11-2017, 07:39 AM
BAH GOD KING, TRIPLE H MAULING CARR WITH THAT SLEDGEHAMMER! HE CAN'T DO THAT! WHAT A SLOBBER-KNOCKER!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cNgxyL5zEAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN
06-11-2017, 07:41 AM
As long as he never says he was a lifelong Cheaps fan I am ok with it

Al Bundy
06-11-2017, 07:49 AM
As long as he never says he was a lifelong Cheaps fan I am ok with it

ROFL

beach tribe
06-11-2017, 07:49 AM
I will never understand you guys dumping on Derek Carr..

Yeah, our defense gave him fits, but our Defense is Loaded..

The the guy has gotten better every single season, has thrown 81 TDs his first three years in the league, and never more than 13 ints.

There a lot of people here who don't want our QB to play until his third season.
Do you guys really not think that Carr is going to get better?
Dude came into the league out of the Mountain West.

If this guy wore Red and Gold he would be our Messiah..

notorious
06-11-2017, 08:45 AM

The the guy has gotten better every single season, has thrown 81 TDs his first three years in the league, and never more than 13 ints.

There a lot of people here who don't want our QB to play until his third season.

I wanted Carr.

The Raiders got a good QB.

BigCatDaddy
06-11-2017, 09:22 AM

1. People only watch Chiefs games
2. He is better than Alex Smith and we passed.
3. He is a Raider

Those are your reasons for the hate.

Best22
06-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Why do people expect a Chiefs fan forum to worship a Raider QB? Especially one who is 1-5 vs KC.

If you want Carr worship, go to a Raider fan site.

BigCatDaddy
06-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Why do people expect a Chiefs fan forum to worship a Raider QB? Especially one who is 1-5 vs KC.

Who wants worship? How about objectivity?

We obviously have his number right now, but overall he has been very good for a young QB.

Best22
06-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Who wants worship? How about objectivity?

We obviously have his number right now, but overall he has been very good for a young QB.

So what? He's a Raider. Most people think he's good, but he has still struggled vs elite defenses (fact)

I don't remember anyone being this supportive of Manning from 2012-14. He was pretty good, too.

F the Raiders.

BigCatDaddy
06-11-2017, 09:41 AM
So what? He's a Raider. Most people think he's good, but he has still struggled vs elite defenses (fact)

I don't remember anyone being this supportive of Manning from 2012-15.

F the Raiders.

Ever heard of Chiefs Coalition? Check it out.

milkman
06-11-2017, 09:59 AM

I don't remember anyone being this supportive of Manning from 2012-14. He was pretty good, too.

F the Raiders.

Elite QBs struggle against elite defenses(fact, dumbass).

Best22
06-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Elite QBs struggle against elite defenses(fact, dumbass).

Statistically he's great, but nobody knows how he'll perform in the playoffs. It took the refs help for them to "beat" the Texans (in Mexico City!)

ThaVirus
06-11-2017, 10:13 AM
It took Roethlisberger refs help to beat Alex Smith in KC

beach tribe
06-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Statistically he's great, but nobody knows how he'll perform in the playoffs. It took the refs help for them to "beat" the Texans (in Mexico City!)

Your previous posts have made it clear that you are incapable of objectively making judgements of players..

Like I said, He has improved each season.
There is zero evidence that would suggest the trend will not continue.

Best22
06-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Your previous posts have made it clear that you are incapable of objectively making judgements of players..

Like I said, He has improved each season.
There is zero evidence that would suggest the trend will not continue.

Where did I say he wasn't a great QB? Either way, weird to see so much defense for a rival QB.

Back in the Manning/dungver days, every post about him was negative, and everybody was quick to judge his talent level.

Carr hasn't even won his division. He, unlike Manning, almost always loses to us. He has more interceptions than touchdowns vs the Chiefs. Also remember he got hurt last year. Nobody knows how he'll recover from that terrible injury.

I'll save my fear of Carr til he does something to make me fear him

Chiefnj2
06-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Carr getting 25 mil is your typical offseason Kardashian type posting the NFL network and ESPN crave. Slow season, make shit up. Kind of like OBJ "holding out" last week.

That being said, it's funny how some people who think Mahimes is going to be great also think Carr isn't anything special.

R8RFAN
06-11-2017, 11:36 AM
1. People only watch Chiefs games
2. He is better than Alex Smith and we passed.
3. He is a Raider

Those are your reasons for the hate.

I don't even hate the Cheaps, I like my team to beat them but I don't hate a single player on the team.. When I get a chance to chap a few asses I will on any occasion and will even lie on occasion just to do a little professional trolling...

Raiders did good picking Carr

R8RFAN
06-11-2017, 11:39 AM

Acknowledging a player is good is not worshiping a team... I have liked many Cheaps over the years, (especially the ones we stole from you) ROFL

Best22
06-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Acknowledging a player is good is not worshiping a team... I have liked many Cheaps over the years, (especially the ones we stole from you) ROFL

Who'd you steal? A washed up corner and an overpaid center? Hudson is good, but Morse is cheaper.

That's like taking someone else recycling and calling it "theft"

notorious
06-11-2017, 12:01 PM
It took Roethlisberger refs help to beat Alex Smith in KC

Fact.

cmdrzman
06-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Where did I say he wasn't a great QB? Either way, weird to see so much defense for a rival QB.

Back in the Manning/dungver days, every post about him was negative, and everybody was quick to judge his talent level.

Carr hasn't even won his division. He, unlike Manning, almost always loses to us. He has more interceptions than touchdowns vs the Chiefs. Also remember he got hurt last year. Nobody knows how he'll recover from that terrible injury.

I'll save my fear of Carr til he does something to make me fear him

Aaron Rodgers didn't win his 1st division title till his 4th year as a starter

Aaron Rodgers has only been to 1 SB his entire career

Sandy Vagina
06-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Either way, weird to see so much defense for a rival QB.

Not really. Lots of people here have been swinging on any QB that doesn't have the name Alex Smith.

That said, Carr had done well so far, and probably won't decline for a while. He has been given a great supporting cast on offense.. so it would be interesting to see what happens if that starts to decline.

threebag
06-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Imagine all that mascara he will be able to buy. Maybe he can start a make-up line with that nasty ass Gwen Steffoni

vailpass
06-11-2017, 12:15 PM
You pay your franchise Q or someone else will.

notorious
06-11-2017, 12:17 PM
You pay your franchise Q or someone else will.

Yeah.

And for all the guys making fun of Carr and the Raid, just imagine having a QB good enough to justify that kind of money.

I am jealous. I hope we have this problems some day.

RunKC
06-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Aaron Rodgers didn't win his 1st division title till his 4th year as a starter

Aaron Rodgers has only been to 1 SB his entire career

Not Rodgers fault that his team blew a 12 point lead with 5 mins left in the game in Seattle.
The man just willed an 8-8 at best team to the NFCCG a few months ago

Don't care about Brady's rings with the best coach ever. Rodgers is the best QB in football.

Best22
06-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Yeah.

And for all the guys making fun of Carr and the Raid, just imagine having a QB good enough to justify that kind of money.

That's why we got Mahomes: in the hopes that he is better than lame Alex.

But why pay a guy 25 mil if he can't beat Alex Smith? After all, Smith could never beat an elite QB head to head in a game:rolleyes:

vailpass
06-11-2017, 12:32 PM
Yeah.

Me too.

BlackOp
06-12-2017, 03:13 AM
You have developed calcium deposits in your medulla oblongata- seek medical attention-

Listen Timmy...let me break the NFL down for you.

#1. There are 32 owners that meet and decide how they want their collective business run. They have complete autonomy. They OWN this shit-show. They vote on who can purchase a franchise. It doesn't matter if someone can afford it..it's a very specific club.

#2. Their business is 100% free of legal oversight. They are an entertainment entity by law....they can cheat, fix scores, do what ever without any legal repercussions. They hire their own officials and regulate them in house. They answer to no one... and have no real regulations. All they have to do is say "we're looking into it" after a game deciding call...then reprimand some part-time official for a few weeks.

Goodell said he didn't want officiating to become computerized...that they, essentially, needed human error as it was part of the game. They are trying to hold on as long as possible before technology makes the rigging obsolete. It has been a success in Canada. They have already taken steps to make an officiating "command center" in NY where one place decides critical calls...but no one knows who is making them. It doesn't matter anyway as they are free from any real scrutiny.

#3. They all share television revenue profits equally. Browns make as much as the Patriots. It's in Cleveland's owners best financial interest to have Brady in a SB. Name recognition and international brand building. The majority of the NFL's cash stream comes from the network contracts. They are essentially slaves to their ratings...

#4. There has been a Vegas betting line on the NFL for as long as I've been alive. I realize most have a cognitive dissonance to this as it's always been a part of it...but...there is a Billion dollar industry built off point spreads. To act like it has little or no significance/influence is to ignore who exactly OWNS the NFL. They arent two separate entities.

#5 They built their own network. They hire people to shape what narrative they want their consumers to repeat. It's total control. Vegas wants a team/stadium...hype them the previous off-season and have the refs make sure they are competitive. It's just business. If they are in a national spotlight game, make sure they win. If there is a controversial call..steer them away by introducing doubt. Make situations opaque..catch or not a catch. If it takes marking the ball short 3 times in a row..and denying a challenge..so be it. NFL owners just got a new stadium on the tax payers dime....wish I could fleece every citizen to pay for a warehouse to run my business in. Sweet deal...

Red Dawg
06-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Got it. All true.

cmdrzman
06-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Listen Timmy...let me break the NFL down for you.

#1. There are 32 owners that meet and decide how they what their collective business run. They have complete autonomy. They OWN this shit-show. They vote on who can purchase a franchise. It doesn't matter if someone can afford it..it's a very specific club.

#2. Their business is 100% free of legal oversight. They are an entertainment entity by law....they can cheat, fix scores, do what ever without any legal repercussions. They hire their own officials and regulate them in house. They answer to no one... and have no real regulations. All they have to do is say "we're looking into it" after a game deciding call...then reprimand some part-time official for a few weeks.

Goodell said he didn't want officiating to become computerized...that they, essentially, needed human error as it was part of the game. They are trying to hold on as long as possible before technology makes the rigging obsolete. It has been a success in Canada. They have already taken steps to make an officiating "command center" in NY where one place decides critical calls...but no one knows who is making them. It doesn't matter anyway as they are free from any real scrutiny.

#3. They all share television revenue profits equally. Browns make as much as the Patriots. It's in Cleveland's owners best financial interest to have Brady in a SB. Name recognition and international brand building. The majority of the NFL's cash stream comes from the network contracts. They are essentially slaves to their ratings...

#4. There has been a Vegas betting line on the NFL for as long as I've been alive. I realize most have a cognitive dissonance to this as it's always been a part of it...but...there is a Billion dollar industry built off point spreads. To act like it has little or no significance/influence is to ignore who exactly OWNS the NFL. They arent two separate entities.

#5 They built their own network. They hire people to shape what narrative they want their consumers to repeat. It's total control. Vegas wants a team/stadium...hype them the previous off-season and have the refs make sure they are competitive. It's just business. If they are in a national spotlight game, make sure they win. If there is a controversial call..steer them away by introducing doubt. Make situations opaque..catch or not a catch. If it takes marking the ball short 3 times in a row..and denying a challenge..so be it. NFL owners just got a new stadium on the tax payers dime....wish I could fleece every citizen to pay for a warehouse to run my business in. Sweet deal...

You're a wack job

Rausch
06-12-2017, 10:17 AM
They spent that $58 million of cap in 2 years...

lawrenceRaider
06-12-2017, 10:31 AM
You're a wack job

It's far beyond that.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-12-2017, 01:40 PM
It's far beyond that.

I think he's in his manic phase again. We need some lithium over here STAT.

KChiefs1
06-12-2017, 05:26 PM
The Raiders just fucking bullied the Broncos in their first meeting. That was awesome.

Thanks for the reminder.

Their OL beat the Donks front seven like red headed stepchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R8RFAN
06-13-2017, 04:38 PM
That's why we got Mahomes: in the hopes that he is better than lame Alex.

But why pay a guy 25 mil if he can't beat Alex Smith? After all, Smith could never beat an elite QB head to head in a game:rolleyes:

You are a dumbass, you act like Carr and Smith are the only 2 players on the field when they play... ..

BlackOp
06-14-2017, 01:08 AM
I think he's in his manic phase again. We need some lithium over here STAT.

The internet is a fascinating phenomenon. Everyone believes that their words have equal weight....just type them and you magically have an opinion and clout. Doesn't matter if there is actual research involved...just denounce what is uncomfortable and tether yourself to idealistic programming....your "safe zone".

In real world terms...your reply, associating me with a lithium patient, didn't work. It might have made you feel a fleeting and inflated sense of mental superiority...but when the shit-smoke clears...you really didn't offer a rebuttal that required an actual opinion or personal observation.

Protecting idealism is a primitive function...welcome to the ape house. I'm sure you will find it's quite crowded...

RobBlake
06-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Rodgers isn't better than Brady

BlackOp
06-14-2017, 01:48 AM

That's an understatement...he has been to 1 Superbowl and was drafted 12 years ago. Brady has won five....

RobBlake
06-14-2017, 02:06 AM
That's an understatement...he has been to 1 Superbowl and was drafted 12 years ago. Brady has won five....

If an alien race invaded us and our lives relied on us winning a football game.. in drafted brady first lol

milkman
06-14-2017, 06:09 AM

Charles Haley is the greatest DE ever.

RunKC
06-14-2017, 08:28 AM

If Rodgers was with Hoodie he'd be the GOAT. He's taking far worse management to a SB victory and 2 championship games thus far.

R8RFAN
06-14-2017, 04:23 PM
The internet is a fascinating phenomenon. Everyone believes that their words have equal weight....just type them and you magically have an opinion and clout. Doesn't matter if there is actual research involved...just denounce what is uncomfortable and tether yourself to idealistic programming....your "safe zone".

In real world terms...your reply, associating me with a lithium patient, didn't work. It might have made you feel a fleeting and inflated sense of mental superiority...but when the shit-smoke clears...you really didn't offer a rebuttal that required an actual opinion or personal observation.

Protecting idealism is a primitive function...welcome to the ape house. I'm sure you will find it's quite crowded...

STFU Nerd

Best22
06-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Charles Haley is the greatest DE ever.

QB has a bigger impact on games than defensive ends. Nobody holds Derrick Thomas lack of a ring against him. Different story for Dan Marino.

BlackOp
06-14-2017, 05:07 PM
If Rodgers was with Hoodie he'd be the GOAT. He's taking far worse management to a SB victory and 2 championship games thus far.

You dont know that...Brady has won with so many different variations. It's pretty amazing...the consistency.

thabear04
06-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Raiders, Derek Carr finalize 5-year, $125M extension

ptlyon
06-22-2017, 08:30 AM
Holy shitballs

Reerun_KC
06-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Damn. They ain't playing around.

The Franchise
06-22-2017, 08:42 AM
That's a lot of money for some bone screws.

Rooster
06-22-2017, 08:42 AM
Raiders, Derek Carr finalize 5-year, $125M extension

:eek: That will buy a lot of buffets in Vegas.

R8RFAN
06-22-2017, 08:45 AM
As long as he never says I would have played for the Cheaps for half that I am ok with it

RunKC
06-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Does Bob Sutton get any of that? Ya know since him and the Chiefs are Derek Carr's father...

Rasputin
06-22-2017, 08:50 AM
How's that leg going hold up?

kcchiefsus
06-22-2017, 09:13 AM

Let's break it again!

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
As long as he never says I would have played for the Cheaps for half that I am ok with it

Speaking of cheap...You don't go to games anyway

POND_OF_RED
06-22-2017, 09:30 AM

Let's break it again!

http://gifshd.com/r/d10d227.gif

R8RFAN
06-22-2017, 09:31 AM

As a result, there may be a brief period in the healing process when the fracture site is stronger than the surrounding bone. But they later reach equal strength, and the fracture site is no more or less likely to break again. ... THE BOTTOM LINE Healed bones are not stronger than they were before a fracture

Stryker
06-22-2017, 09:37 AM
QB has a bigger impact on games than defensive ends. Nobody holds Derrick Thomas lack of a ring against him. Different story for Dan Marino.

Or Jim Kelly :)

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 09:42 AM

the dude has thrown 81 TD vs only 31 int in just 3 seasons and went from winning 3 games in his 1st season to winning 12 last year...

If he didn't break his leg they probably win the division...

the guy avergaed 262 YPG last season

now, don't get me wrong....im not saying he deserves 25 mil a season but 'he hasn't done jack shit' is pretty ridiculous....

Show me another rookie who went to a loser team as bad as the raiders and started immediately and turned the ship around with better stats than him...

I mean the guy is their future..and has taken them to their 1st winning season in like 15 years..'he hasn't done jack shit' to me means you havent seen this kid play

TomBarndtsTwin
06-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Misleading thread title . . .

*did*

TomBarndtsTwin
06-22-2017, 09:51 AM
But, on a serious note, they had to do it.

If the Raiders didn't pay it, somebody else would have. And that Raiders offense is MUCH worse without him, as evidenced last year.

From a Chiefs fan perspective, don't really care, as Chiefs have proven they have his number.

But if you're lucky enough to draft a potential franchise QB, you pay him and you keep him. Same thing hopefully Chiefs will be doing with Mahomes in a few years (assuming he pans out).

O.city
06-22-2017, 09:52 AM
the dude has thrown 81 TD vs only 31 int in just 3 seasons and went from winning 3 games in his 1st season to winning 12 last year...

now, don't get me wrong....im not saying he deserves 25 mil a season but 'he hasn't done jack shit' is pretty ridiculous....

Show me another rookie who went to a loser team as bad as the raiders and started immediately and turned the ship around with better stats than him...

I mean the guy is their future..and has taken them to their 1st winning season in like 15 years..'he hasn't done jack shit' to me means you havent seen this kid play

He hasn't been very good against good teams for the most part, but the team around him has also been awful.

He's been a big part of reviving a terrible franchise and is on the upswing. If the chiefs were in that position I'd have no problems paying him.

R8RFAN
06-22-2017, 09:57 AM
He hasn't been very good against good teams for the most part, but the team around him has also been awful.

He's been a big part of reviving a terrible franchise and is on the upswing. If the chiefs were in that position I'd have no problems paying him.

exactly... A qb can't do anything about great passes that turn out to be drops in crucial situations. A QB can't do anything about a team that cannot cover a TE to save their asses and a QB can't do anything about a team that put corners 10 yards in front of WR's ... Raiders only need is a middle of the pack defense because they are stacked on offense.

BlackOp
06-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Teams that have signed QBs to record contracts haven't fared well. Colts vanished as did the Ravens.

It might be lost on Raider fans but the only reason Kelechi Osemele is on their team is because they couldn't afford him after paying Flacco.

Same thing is going to happen in Oakland.

Carr IS their team though..they are awful without him.

This is good news for the AFC West....Raiders just became weaker.

DJ's left nut
06-22-2017, 10:20 AM

Until last year, you'd have been correct.

But last year's Raider's squad had just about anything a young QB could want. A good veteran possession receiver, a young burner, a solid power running game and a hell of an offensive line. Their defense has arguably the best pass-rusher on the planet and enough of a decent supporting cast to be average at worst.

The Raiders were a good team last year....yet he still struggled against us and yes, I'm calling that Texans game shady as shit.

I think Derek Carr's a good young QB and if Mahomes develops on the same arc as Carr, we'd be elated. But there are no more excuses to make for him. He has the weapons to succeed and he had them last year as well. He has the experience and the opportunity. Now he has the contract that pays him like the best QB in football.

So if he's to earn that money, he'd better keep himself firmly ensconced in the MVP dialogue because there's no excuse not to anymore.

The Franchise
06-22-2017, 10:23 AM
USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports Derek Carr's five-year, $125-million extension contains $40 million fully guaranteed.
According to Pelissero, the deal includes $70 million in total guarantees. Those numbers put him below Andrew Luck, but he did edge him out in average annual value. More interestingly, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and allow Carr to earn more money after the Raiders move to Nevada, which has no state income tax.

Hammock Parties
06-22-2017, 10:26 AM
the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper [/B]

Where are the retards telling me Carr's contract was going to be frontloaded and they would be in cap hell soon?

Freakin' double standards around here...

DJ's left nut
06-22-2017, 10:30 AM
USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports Derek Carr's five-year, $125-million extension contains $40 million fully guaranteed.
According to Pelissero, the deal includes $70 million in total guarantees. Those numbers put him below Andrew Luck, but he did edge him out in average annual value. More interestingly, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and allow Carr to earn more money after the Raiders move to Nevada, which has no state income tax.

'delayed cash flow'....uh, isn't that just backloading? Same as virtually every NFL contract signed these days?

O.city
06-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Until last year, you'd have been correct.

But last year's Raider's squad had just about anything a young QB could want. A good veteran possession receiver, a young burner, a solid power running game and a hell of an offensive line. Their defense has arguably the best pass-rusher on the planet and enough of a decent supporting cast to be average at worst.

The Raiders were a good team last year....yet he still struggled against us and yes, I'm calling that Texans game shady as shit.

I think Derek Carr's a good young QB and if Mahomes develops on the same arc as Carr, we'd be elated. But there are no more excuses to make for him. He has the weapons to succeed and he had them last year as well. He has the experience and the opportunity. Now he has the contract that pays him like the best QB in football.

So if he's to earn that money, he'd better keep himself firmly ensconced in the MVP dialogue because there's no excuse not to anymore.

True

And there's no way he should have been in the MVP race. Look at his yards per attempt and his performances against good teams. I like him and he's definitely ascending but that seemed premature

O.city
06-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Where are the retards telling me Carr's contract was going to be frontloaded and they would be in cap hell soon?

Freakin' double standards around here...

Nah

But they're going away from having a rookie qb deal outperformed by cart.

Hammock Parties
06-22-2017, 10:33 AM
'delayed cash flow'....uh, isn't that just backloading? Same as virtually every NFL contract signed these days?

I'm guessing it's even more backloaded than usual though, taking into account the Nevada part of the deal. They probably just shifted a crap ton of money to years three and four, which is in his best interests from a tax standpoint anyway.

notorious
06-22-2017, 10:39 AM

Yep.

If Mahomes has those numbers his first few years this place will blows loads so hard Jupiter will be knocked from orbit.

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 10:49 AM

He lost in 3 games last year --

Twice to us..and one of those we took him out of the game via a broken leg

and one of the games he lost to atlanta by 1 TD..early in the season...

I mean....they are going to win the division handily this upcoming season, or at least they should.....barring something strange..

staylor26
06-22-2017, 10:52 AM

I mean....they are going to win the division handily this upcoming season, or at least they should.....barring something strange..

Funny how you won't give the Chiefs any credit whatsoever for the last 4 years, but you're real quick to suck off the Raiders and Carr even when the Chiefs continue to have their number.

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 10:55 AM

Funny how you won't give the Chiefs any credit whatsoever for the last 4 years, but you're real quick to suck off the Raiders and Carr even when the Chiefs continue to have their number.

such lies..

nothing, literally nothing you said is true..

Ive been cheering the chiefs on in every win...ANd literally what i said here was 'carr has done MORE than jack shit'...

Im sorry if that hurts your feelings...would it make you feel any better if i mindlessly agreed that carr hasnt done 'jack shit' you little ****ing fairy?

RunKC
06-22-2017, 10:57 AM
It depends on the numbers. Backloading the deal could be worse bc they will be paying Mack and Cooper elite money with their new deals by that time.

But they have no choice. No way did Carr do this deal without structuring it to save millions with the move to Nevada.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Pawn has lost his mind. Faid and Carr are our bitch until proven otherwise.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Somebody relay my posts to Freighters please

alpha_omega
06-22-2017, 11:00 AM
...... More interestingly, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and allow Carr to earn more money after the Raiders move to Nevada, which has no state income tax.

Sounds like some cap-tomfoolery to me.

staylor26
06-22-2017, 11:00 AM
such lies..

nothing, literally nothing you said is true..

Ive been cheering the chiefs on in every win...ANd literally what i said here was 'carr has done MORE than jack shit'...

Im sorry if that hurts your feelings...would it make you feel any better if i mindlessly agreed that carr hasnt done 'jack shit' you little ****ing fairy?

You're a Chiefs fan that literally just said the Raiders should win the division handily while completely ignoring that we've owned them and their QB for the last two years. You give the Chiefs shit for only winning one playoff game, but you're ready to crown the Raiders before they've done jack shit. It's pretty obvious that like Clay, you're giving the Raiders way more credit than they deserve, while conituing to say shit like the Chiefs are "down".

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Raiders "win handily" ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Pawn has lost his mind. Faid and Carr are our bitch until proven otherwise.

The Raiders are more than 2x as likely to win a superbowl than us...and almost 2x as likely to win the afc championship

They are only slight favorites to win the AFC west currently....so you could be correct in that they will be our bitch still...but they ARE favored

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:05 AM
you're giving the Raiders way more credit than they deserve, while conituing to say shit like the Chiefs are "down".

Yes, its just me giving them credit....its not the oddsmakers and analysts...

ROFL

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:07 AM
conituing to say shit like the Chiefs are "down".

If you were actually a fan of the team you would understand the frustrations of only winning a single playoff game in 25 years

but youre not so you don't get why winning in the regular season just doesnt cut it

staylor26
06-22-2017, 11:08 AM

ROFL

You realize that the Raiders were also the popular pick to win the division last year, right?

Who gives a **** what they say?

Until proven otherwise we own the ****ing Raiders.

I can't help but think if it were the other way around you would find it laughable that I was pointing at that despite the recent history.

Actually, I know for a fact that if the Raiders won 4 straight against us, you'd call me the biggest fucking homer in the world for thinking we'd win the division "handily".

mdstu
06-22-2017, 11:08 AM

Who is "we"?

You got a Colt in your pocket?

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:09 AM
You realize that the Raiders were also the popular pick to win the division last year, right?

math fail

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:09 AM
Who is "we"?

You got a Colt in your pocket?

we are the chiefs

and no i don't im just happy to see you

ptlyon
06-22-2017, 11:11 AM
You realize that their star player broke his leg with 3 games to go right?

This. If Carr doesn't get hurt we don't win the division, period.

staylor26
06-22-2017, 11:13 AM
You realize that their star player broke his leg with 3 games to go right?

They lost their QB for one week, but who gives a ****?

We played the majority of our season without our best defensive player. We lost our QB for a game too, not to mention guys like Ford, Peters, DJ, Maclin, Ware, Bailey, Poe, and Howard all missing time.

Spott
06-22-2017, 11:14 AM
You realize that their star player broke his leg with 3 (4 including the one they lost when suffering the injury ) games to go right? If they win one of the 2 games they lost..they win the division

He missed the last quarter of week 16 against the Colts and the finale in week 17 at Denver.

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:14 AM
They lost their QB for one week, but who gives a ****?

We played the majority of our season without our best defensive player. We lost our QB for a game too, not to mention guys like Ford, Peters, DJ, Maclin, Ware, Bailey, Poe, and Howard all missing time.

Look

all i said was they will win the division

and he did more than jack shit

if that makes feelings hurt...whatever..its my opinion

im definitely not 'sucking' the raiders off by thinking they will be better than us next season....I hate the fuckign raiders

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:15 AM
He missed the last quarter of week 16 against the Colts and the finale in week 17 at Denver.'

yah i failed..you are correct

staylor26
06-22-2017, 11:15 AM

I can't stand this logic. If we're going to play the "what if" game you can't have it just one way.

The Chiefs still had more misfortune with injuries.

You also can't say for sure that the Raiders would've won in Denver for certain. They were looking to play spoiler with nothing to lose.

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:17 AM
He missed the last quarter of week 16 against the Colts and the finale in week 17 at Denver.

well also the houston wildcard game but yes

Spott
06-22-2017, 11:18 AM

To say that Oakland would have automatically won that last game in Denver with Carr is absurd. We've already seen how he performs in cold weather games and there's no reason to think he would have made enough difference in that game to have changed the outcome.

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Nothign pains me more than the raiders beating us

Let me make that clear....I hate the raiders more than anyone here....I have to live by their fans...I have to suffer when they win and all the bandwagoners start wearing gear....

Thats how pathetic our situation is as chiefs fans....the ****ign raiders are going to give us a run for our money for the second season in a row..and are actually favored to win the division...

in the last 25 years they have won 4 playoff games and been to a superbowl

if they win a playoff game this year that will be 5 times as many playoff wins as we have in the last 25 years

do you ****ing think that will make me happy?

staylor26
06-22-2017, 11:29 AM
The anti-homers on CP are ****ing hilarious.

I can only imagine the shit I'd catch if it were the other way around and the Chiefs lost 4 straight to the Raiders, and I was saying that we would've won the division if we had our starting QB in week 17 against the Broncos, a game I couldn't even say for sure we would've won.

Absolutely laughable LMAO

RunKC
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
I like Derek Carr a lot, but he needs to beat us and win the division to get that credit people are already giving him.

He's struggled against the Chiefs and Broncos and a lot of that is poor coaching.

R8RFAN
06-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Cheaps will be swept by the raiders this year...

Marcellus
06-22-2017, 12:01 PM

:rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
06-22-2017, 12:15 PM
Raiders are damn good but we have just have their number head to head. That happens in sports.

TomBarndtsTwin
06-22-2017, 12:22 PM

:drool:

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Raiders are damn good but we have just have their number head to head. That happens in sports.

As long as Del Rio remains their coach, Andy Reid will continue to outcoach him.

RobBlake
06-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Other qbs contract will surpass his very soon.. its that jump in contracts that we will always see..

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 01:36 PM
The anti-homers on CP are ****ing hilarious.

I can only imagine the shit I'd catch if it were the other way around and the Chiefs lost 4 straight to the Raiders, and I was saying that we would've won the division if we had our starting QB in week 17

Absolutely laughable LMAO

Yes there would be a few dipshits who would try and argue that losing your starting QB didnt matter.

What would you argue if your team lost their QB for the final divisional game and lost via the tie break?

Your a hypocrite and dishonest...getting outraged over simple observations..your letting some homer Alex smith love taint your reasoning...

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Other qbs contract will surpass his very soon.. its that jump in contracts that we will always see..

The guy has played 3 seasons...

They just invested 125 million

Ok

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Pawn, can you relay my posts to that coward Freighters?

DJ's left nut
06-22-2017, 01:49 PM
It depends on the numbers. Backloading the deal could be worse bc they will be paying Mack and Cooper elite money with their new deals by that time.

But they have no choice. No way did Carr do this deal without structuring it to save millions with the move to Nevada.

Holy jesus.

A 13.3% income tax rate for all earnings over $1 million in the state of California. By not having a state income tax in Nevada, he'll save roughly $1.6 million/yr as athletes are taxed by the state they earned their money in (so 8 home games; 1/2 of his 13.3% on $25 million).

Now obviously that can change a bit based on how its structured, but I don't figure the big money was kicking in until 2018 anyway given that he's already under contract for this year. So you'd have to figure that the entire extension is going to take place in Nevada.

The money he saves more than covers the standard agent fee. That's not an insignificant draw.

-King-
06-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Yes there would be a few dipshits who would try and argue that losing your starting QB didnt matter.

What would you argue if your team lost their QB for the final divisional game and lost via the tie break?

Your a hypocrite and dishonest...getting outraged over simple observations..your letting some homer Alex smith love taint your reasoning...

And we lost one of the best defensive players and one of the best offensive players in the league for basically the whole season and still won. I don't want to hear shit about other teams not winning because of an injury.

If you want to talk about injuries and how we've only won one playoff game, you should talk about us losing Charles, Houston, Flowers, and Davis in a playoff game we were leading by 4 scores. I think that's much worse than what happened to the raiders.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
06-22-2017, 01:51 PM

ROFL

Oddsmakers admittedly give west coast teams (and especially teams with Vegs ties) a boost because they know the money is going to come in on them anyway. They do the same with the Cowboys (and used to do so with the Steelers but I'm not sure if they still do).

So citing oddsmakers in a conversation about the Raiders isn't entirely appropriate. That's an approximation of how much money they can extract from the betting public, not a true statement of how good they think the Raiders will be. For a lot of things, I think the market is a good place to look (I love baseball money lines for determining fantasy baseball pitchers), but when it comes to football teams, notably the Raiders and the Cowboys, it's not a real good barometer.

DJ's left nut
06-22-2017, 02:03 PM

Matchups make fights.

For whatever reason, recent history says we have the better side of the matchup. Honestly, when I look at the rosters, I can't tell why since we tend to beat Carr even without much of a contribution from Houston (who would seem to be the big chess piece for us).

Some coordinators seem to have a knack for some quarterbacks. Belichick isn't a coordinator but he runs that D and for whatever reason he was generally able to just fluster the hell out of Manning. Maybe Sutton's just dialed into Carr's weaknesses.

RunKC
06-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Bob Sutton is your father, Derek Carr LMAO

174 yards, 54% comp, 1 TD/0 INT, W
222 yards, 48% comp, 1 TD/0 INT, L

283 yards, 64% comp, 2 TD/3 INT, L
194 yards, 64% comp, 1 TD/1 INT, L

225 yards, 64% comp, 1 TD/ 1 INT, 1 fumble lost, L
117 yards, 41% comp, 0 TD/1 INT, L

Halfcan
06-22-2017, 02:16 PM
125 million extension makes Carr highest paid player in the NFL.

Stoopid Faders.

jjchieffan
06-22-2017, 05:15 PM

Well, Pawnmower has spoken. Let's just the division title to the Faiders and skip the season. SMH. I would expect a post like that from Eureka or one of the other Faider fans on here. But not from an actual Chiefs fan. The Chiefs have just as good of a chance to win the division as anyone. They went without Houston for most of the season, they lost seems like a dozen starters on IR, yet still managed to win 12 games, including the past 2 NFC champs, and a sweep of the best division in football, which, by the way, includes those Faiders that you think will win handily. That's just absurd.

R8RFAN
06-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Well, Pawnmower has spoken. Let's just the division title to the Faiders and skip the season. SMH. I would expect a post like that from Eureka or one of the other Faider fans on here. But not from an actual Chiefs fan. The Chiefs have just as good of a chance to win the division as anyone. They went without Houston for most of the season, they lost seems like a dozen starters on IR, yet still managed to win 12 games, including the past 2 NFC champs, and a sweep of the best division in football, which, by the way, includes those Faiders that you think will win handily. That's just absurd.

Cheaps getting old

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 05:21 PM
Building them up for Vegas. The league is a fucking joke. They won like 4 games they would have lost if not for slanted officiating

jjchieffan
06-22-2017, 05:26 PM

I don't know who these Cheaps are that you speak of. Maybe the Faiders can beat them, but they aren't sweeping the Chiefs. They haven't beat the Chiefs once the past 2 seasons. How exactly do you think that they will win one, much less sweep the Chiefs this season?? You are the KnowShit of Faider fans.

R8RFAN
06-22-2017, 05:27 PM
I don't know who these Cheaps are that you speak of. Maybe the Faiders can beat them, but they aren't sweeping the Chiefs. They haven't beat the Chiefs once the past 2 seasons. How exactly do you think that they will win one, much less sweep the Chiefs this season?? You are the KnowShit of Faider fans.

You will be destroyed both games

ForeverChiefs58
06-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Raiders QB Derek Carr lands NFL's richest contract ever

The Oakland Raiders made quarterback Derek Carr the highest-paid player in NFL history on Thursday.

Carr, 26, agreed to a five-year contract worth $125 million. The deal runs through the end of the 2022 season, meaning that Carr will remain under contract when the Raiders move to their new Las Vegas stadium in 2020.

Carr's annualized salary of $25 million broke the league's previous record for highest pay set by quarterback Andrew Luck, who earns $24.8 million annually from the Indianapolis Colts. The NFL Network was first to report the deal.

"Now it's done! From the jump I've wanted to be a Raider 4 life. One step closer to that! Blessed!!! Business done! Let's just play now!!!" Carr said on Twitter.

Both sides had expressed a strong interest in signing a long-term deal with Carr, who was scheduled to enter the final year of his rookie contract. Carr had imposed a deadline of the start of training camp in late July.

Carr has transformed the Raiders from a perennial loser into a contender after being drafted in the second round in 2014. He was part of a stellar draft class led by AP Defensive Player of the Year Khalil Mack and third-round guard Gabe Jackson, who have been key to Oakland's turnaround.

He lost his first 10 starts as a rookie before winning seven games his second year and taking the Raiders to the playoffs in 2016 with a 12-4 record. Carr missed the final game of that season and the playoff loss to Houston with a broken leg.

But he's healed now and a major reason why the Raiders are the preseason favorites to win the AFC West and contenders to dethrone the New England Patriots as the top team in the conference.

Carr has thrown for 11,194 yards in his first three seasons and ranks fourth all-time with 81 touchdown passes through three years, trailing only Dan Marino, Luck and Peyton Manning. He has shown dramatic improvement each season in his career after an up-and-down rookie campaign when he threw 21 TD passes, but averaged only 5.5 yards per attempt.

Carr's best season came in 2016 when he led seven fourth-quarter comebacks while completing a career-high 63.8 percent of his passes. He threw for 3,937 yards with 28 touchdowns and only six interceptions in just 15 games.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-22-2017, 05:28 PM

Unlikely. Three sweep peat this year

Halfcan
06-22-2017, 05:29 PM

ROFL

Like a broken clock- maybe sometime you will be right.

Red Dawg
06-22-2017, 05:53 PM
QBs are killing the NFL. That way too much for one player and he didn't deserve it.

ThaVirus
06-22-2017, 06:06 PM

You're something like 1-9 in your last 10 against us.

We own you, slut.

notorious
06-22-2017, 06:36 PM
R8R clocked in and is doing work.

chiefqueen
06-22-2017, 08:18 PM

Unfortunately I agree with you and see the Raiders now like the Pats in 2001, on the cusp of beginning a dynasty. IMO, if Carr stays healthy, the Raiders WILL win a SB before they move to Vega$.

John Dorsey may become known as one of the GM's that passed on Carr and allowed him to get drafted by a division rival.

Ming the Merciless
06-22-2017, 09:41 PM

oh shut the **** up and stop acing like I want this to happen...

we cut our #1 WR and GM...

its not 'absurd' ...its what is statistically probable to happen....how the **** is it absurd when the raiders are twice as likely (odds wise) to win the afc championship game?

you can disagree..thats fine...but if you know more than the oddsmakers why are you not living in fiji sucking like 8 brown tittys and driving 2 ferraris

AS11Virus
06-22-2017, 11:07 PM

Exactly he's not even better than Alex.

jjchieffan
06-22-2017, 11:09 PM
oh shut the **** up and stop acing like I want this to happen...

we cut our #1 WR and GM...

its not 'absurd' ...its what is statistically probable to happen....how the **** is it absurd when the raiders are twice as likely (odds wise) to win the afc championship game?

you can disagree..thats fine...but if you know more than the oddsmakers why are you not living in fiji sucking like 8 brown tittys and driving 2 ferraris

Bookmarking this to bump it when the Fade finish behind the Chiefs...... again.

threebag
06-22-2017, 11:27 PM

Maybe we will get lucky enough for it to escalate into another I am leaving forever thread.

RobBlake
06-23-2017, 12:00 AM
Raiders are trash without carr. Besides carr they have a great oline, b grade wr's... inconsistent everything else.. he deserves a fat contract... highest one? Tbd

cmdrzman
06-23-2017, 01:28 AM
Teams that have signed QBs to record contracts haven't fared well. Colts vanished as did the Ravens.

It might be lost on Raider fans but the only reason Kelechi Osemele is on their team is because they couldn't afford him after paying Flacco.

Same thing is going to happen in Oakland.

Carr IS their team though..they are awful without him.

This is good news for the AFC West....Raiders just became weaker.

I think you fell off your highchair as an infant and banged your coconut-

Ming the Merciless
06-23-2017, 04:44 AM

That still wouldn't make what I said 'absurd'

Go back and read,you ****ing mouth breathing dipshit

How is it ABSURD to agree with/acknowledge the actual odds? Sure maybe they are wrong...maybe I am wrong to agree...but tell me why it's absurd to think the Raiders are favorite to win division...

Ming the Merciless
06-23-2017, 04:52 AM

I will be happy if you are right and the Chiefs sweep the fade ...and win the west...I don't think it's an 'absurd' possibility...it's just not the most probable outcome..

Feel free to tag / bump your prediction, big fucking deal...how many Homer's predict we will sweep the fade and win the division every season....woop de doodle

TigeRRUppeRRcut
06-23-2017, 09:19 PM
Raiders can bail on Carr after the 2nd year of this new contract. Only 7.5 million in dead money if they cut him in 2019. Not exactly showing full confidence in him...

I'm still under the belief that he is Romo 2.0...he's injury prone, overrated as he has benefitted heavily from great OL play and receivers. And in the end...won't have significant career wins in the post-season.

Baby Lee
06-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Raiders can bail on Carr after the 2nd year of this new contract. Only 7.5 million in dead money if they cut him in 2019. Not exactly showing full confidence in him...

I'm still under the belief that he is Romo 2.0...he's injury prone, overrated as he has benefitted heavily from great OL play and receivers. And in the end...won't have significant career wins in the post-season.

I'd put Carr in the Romo range, possibly Stafford, top end Matt Ryan.

Folks here will never guess what the end conclusion depends on . . .

hint, rhymes with dest of doster.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-24-2017, 01:08 AM

So that's the narrative at this point? One big injury in three years and he's injury prone? Isn't finding a QB and surrounding him with talent the smart thing to do? All they have to do to get that team to scary level is to get an average defense.

Ming the Merciless
06-24-2017, 01:30 AM
I'm still under the belief that Carr is Romo 2.0...he's injury prone, overrated as he has benefitted heavily from great OL play and receivers. And in the end...won't have significant career wins in the post-season.

ROFL