PDA

View Full Version : Life Biker vs. Deer : Darwin Award?

Trivers
06-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Feel sad about the guy; but should have been smarter that he was.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Manitowoc man killed in motorcycle crash with deer

TOWN OF EATON, Wis. - A Manitowoc man has died from injuries suffered during a motorcycle versus deer crash in the Town of Eaton, according to the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office.

Around 10:11 p.m on June 7, deputies said Joshua Leonard, 19, of Manitowoc was driving his motorcycle on STH 67 just north of Cedar Road in the Town of Eaton.

Leonard tried to avoid a deer on the roadway, but hit the deer and was thrown from his motorcycle, deputies said.

Leonard was airlifted to an area hospital, but was pronounced dead the next day on June 8, deputies said.

He was not wearing a helmet, and major head trauma was the cause of death, according to the Manitowoc County Coroner.

POND_OF_RED
06-12-2017, 09:44 PM
This is not even close to Darwin Award level. It's legal in Wisconsin to not wear a helmet isn't it? I know it's the smart choice to always wear a helmet, but who knows how fast he was going. Hard to say if the helmet would have even saved him. Motorcycle crashes always have a high possibility of fatalities.

Rain Man
06-12-2017, 09:48 PM
The deer was wearing a helmet and it walked away from the crash.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Worst thread I've seen in a long time. Big Smoke included.

cdcox
06-12-2017, 10:17 PM
The deer tried to honk, but then remembered he had antlers.

kjwood75nro
06-12-2017, 10:29 PM
The deer tried to honk, but then remembered he had antlers.
I want to laugh, but I'm not sure I should.

cdcox
06-12-2017, 10:36 PM
I want to laugh, but I'm not sure I should.

You should not. I would be entirely pleased with either a groan or "you're trying too hard".

Rasputin
06-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Helmets for bikers aren't necessarily to save lives but more for the paramedics to have to keep from scraping brains off the pavement.

Everything stays pretty intact in the helmet.

Ming the Merciless
06-12-2017, 11:16 PM
lamest darwin award ever

Huffmeister
06-12-2017, 11:54 PM
The deer was framed by the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office.

Rasputin
06-12-2017, 11:58 PM
No one road bikes in 1331AD but they did ride horses and had swords and would have jousted the deer but America wasn't discovered yet.

Eleazar
06-13-2017, 05:14 AM
This is not even close to Darwin Award level. It's legal in Wisconsin to not wear a helmet isn't it? I know it's the smart choice to always wear a helmet, but who knows how fast he was going. Hard to say if the helmet would have even saved him. Motorcycle crashes always have a high possibility of fatalities.

True, but is it really a helpful thing to say they can't prevent every fatality? Nothing can do that.

They do however make many types of crashes more survivable. Depending on the speeds involved, this definitely could have been one of them.

POND_OF_RED
06-13-2017, 06:13 AM
True, but is it really a helpful thing to say they can't prevent every fatality? Nothing can do that.

They do however make many types of crashes more survivable. Depending on the speeds involved, this definitely could have been one of them.

I agree. I was just trying to point out why it's not even close to a darwin award

BlackHelicopters
06-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Mods. Please delete.

Mr. Kotter
06-13-2017, 09:56 AM
I agree. I was just trying to point out why it's not even close to a darwin award

Yeah, but motorcyclists not wearing helmets is pretty Darwin-esque don't you think? Their decision thins that end of the gene pool not smart enough to wear a helmet...

:shrug:

BlackHelicopters
06-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Concrete is undefeated.

notorious
06-13-2017, 10:17 AM
The deer was framed by the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office.

LMAO

Rain Man
06-13-2017, 10:33 AM
No one road bikes in 1331AD but they did ride horses and had swords and would have jousted the deer but America wasn't discovered yet.

If you go back to 50,000 BC, the deer are giant and may or may not be carnivorous. I bet bikes were invented just to get away from megalithic deer.

Bob Dole
06-13-2017, 10:58 AM
I sold my Honda a few years back to a friend, who then hit a deer near Hot Springs and died. He was wearing a helmet.

Pablo
06-13-2017, 11:37 AM
So young. And to think he had decades and decades worth of annoying people around him with motorcycle talk and wearing sweet biker apparel.

Pablo
06-13-2017, 11:37 AM
The deer was framed by the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office.This is the best post in this thread. You win.

ptlyon
06-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Concrete is undefeated.

Not always.

The GF took a tumble in Sturgis before she met me. She was a passenger and passed out to what could only be attributed to either heat stroke or high altitude oxygen deprivation.

The driver felt her start to go and he reached back to hold her back. Obviously he couldn't hold a limp person on there but was enough to break her fall. She rolled across the concrete into the opposite ditch. In all she just had some bad road rash and a broken ankle. The emergency personnel said if she was wearing a helmet she would have broken her neck.

So, GF 1,concrete 0.

POND_OF_RED
06-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Not always.

The GF took a tumble in Sturgis before she met me. She was a passenger and passed out to what could only be attributed to either heat stroke or high altitude oxygen deprivation.

The driver felt her start to go and he reached back to hold her back. Obviously he couldn't hold a limp person on there but was enough to break her fall. She rolled across the concrete into the opposite ditch. In all she just had some bad road rash and a broken ankle. The emergency personnel said if she was wearing a helmet she would have broken her neck.

So, GF 1,concrete 0.

Unless the road broke or got a rash from your girlfriend I'd still say the concrete won that battle.

mdchiefsfan
06-14-2017, 03:53 AM
Unless the road broke or got a rash from your girlfriend I'd still say the concrete won that battle.

Does a stain count as a rash?

Fish
06-14-2017, 09:13 AM

We've all been there...

Rasputin
06-14-2017, 10:02 AM
If you go back to 50,000 BC, the deer are giant and may or may not be carnivorous. I bet bikes were invented just to get away from megalithic deer.

You mean I can do more time travel and not just the year I was sent too? Cuz I'm really interdasted in time of Atlantis when it was a city before it was under the Ocean depths of the sea. I don't even know what time period that would be but BC I'm sure.

Pennywise
06-14-2017, 11:56 AM

I am currently living in this era and can report this to be true.