PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tamba Hali wasn't pleased with GM John Dorsey's exit

BlackOp
06-26-2017, 08:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817313/article/tamba-hali-wasnt-pleased-with-john-dorseys-exit

The parting of ways between the Kansas City Chiefs and general manager John Dorsey last week shocked the football world.

"From a subjective opinion, I wasn't too pleased," Chiefs veteran linebacker Tamba Hali said Monday on Good Morning Football. "I'm really fond of John. Mr. Dorsey, he's done a tremendous job since he's been with the organization so everything that happened the past week really caught a lot of us off guard. But I'm sure the Hunt family knows exactly what they're doing with the re-signing of our coach Andy Reid. I think everything will be fine but Mr. Dorsey will be missed with the Chiefs."

For someone like Hali, who made the playoffs twice in his first six seasons without Dorsey and Reid, then three times in four years with the tandem, it had to be a little jarring to see a successful organizational structure broken up.

The arrival of both men changed the culture in Kansas City and catapulted them to the top of arguably the toughest division in football.

While the search for Dorsey's replacement in its early stages, the pressure is on to find someone with the same eye for talent as Dorsey. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported over the weekend that the club had reached out to former Eagles pro personnel director and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick. On Monday, he reported the Chiefs also requested to interview the elusive assistant Vikings GM George Paton, though Paton will stay in Minnesota.

The late firing of Dorsey was a stunning end to Kansas City's spring and sets up a busy summer for Reid and the club's ownership, which is looking to patch a crucial spot in its organization. The top brass has Hali's trust, but so did the man they got rid of.

Marcellus
06-26-2017, 08:32 AM
This needed its own thread.

Rasputin
06-26-2017, 08:36 AM
I love Tamba Hali but he is a player that Dorsey should have let walk.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 08:43 AM

If anything what Tamba makes is an argument against Dorsey.

mcaj22
06-26-2017, 08:51 AM

Dorsey might have been fired even earlier if he did that

Lex Luthor
06-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Of course Tamba Hali isn't pleased to see Dorsey go. Dorsey overpaid him.

ChiTown
06-26-2017, 08:53 AM

Amen

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Well bye...

BlackOp
06-26-2017, 09:05 AM
This is more about the rumor that the players hated him...Hali and Houston talk.

Rooster
06-26-2017, 09:08 AM

That was my first thought too.

WhawhaWhat
06-26-2017, 09:12 AM

and wrecked the salary cap even more in the process.

Danguardace
06-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Dorsey practically funded his retirement with his current contract. Hardly surprising he is fond of him.

JohnnyHammersticks
06-26-2017, 09:17 AM
I'd be fond of someone who overpaid me by millions of dollars, too.

Reerun_KC
06-26-2017, 09:40 AM
I haven't been pleased with Hali since Manning out ran him in Arrowhead a few years ago.

He needs to go away with Dorsey.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 09:42 AM
I haven't been pleased with Hali since Manning out ran him in Arrowhead a few years ago.

He needs to go away with Dorsey.

As a person he's great. As a player he's little better than a part time pass rusher and depth...

Sandy Vagina
06-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Hali thinks highly of Smiff, so his opinion on anything is invalid.

thegame214
06-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Hali's been more focused on his rap career than anything.

Please check out his terrible music video if you get the chance lol

Worst auto tune ever

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2017, 10:07 AM
On Monday, he reported the Chiefs also requested to interview the elusive assistant Vikings GM George Paton, though Paton will stay in Minnesota.

I mentioned him as a possible candidate yesterday.

I think the Chiefs should definitely ask for interviews with these men:

Will McClay, Dallas
Joey Clinkscales, Oakland
George Paton, Minnesota Vikings
Eliot Wolf, Green Bay Packers

I wonder if the Vikings declined to allow him to interview or if Paton said he wasn't interested?

If it's the latter, it's quite surprising because Rick Spielman is firmly entrenched in Minnesota.

notorious
06-26-2017, 10:13 AM

Yep

rico
06-26-2017, 11:03 AM
Hali thinks highly of Smiff, so his opinion on anything is invalid.

This.

Chiefnj2
06-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Chiefs defense has been holding this team together for the last 4 years and people are going to bitch and nitpick about the players and contracts Dorsey gave the defensive players.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Chiefs defense has been holding this team together for the last 4 years and people are going to bitch and nitpick about the players and contracts Dorsey gave the defensive players.

Yeah.

Between the money we overspent on Hali, not signing Houston for value when he first wanted to extend, and drafting players we KNEW wouldn't start for years we wasted a ton of both cap space and production.

Or you could argue that Smith was never going to be an arial threat and we should have beefed up the O line to back up the D.

We didn't do that either.

Bowser
06-26-2017, 11:24 AM

The Hali situation was COMPLETELY botched. When it was obvious Houston wasn't 100%, the Chiefs had to make a move to keep Hali, a guy that it seemed apparent that they were going to let go. So they did, but they acted too late and ended up eating around 4 million in dead cap space AND 8 million on a new contract. All of that could have been avoided if they had a better grip on the situation. It was a group fail, but ultimately Dorsey is the cap manager and it fell on him.

Eleazar
06-26-2017, 11:26 AM
While the above is true, I think the genesis for that whole situation was the mishandling of Houston's injury. (a couple of times, now)

penbrook
06-26-2017, 11:28 AM
Yes we overspent on Hali but it's not like he has fallen off. Since 2013 he has the 3rd most pressures among OLB.... that's even him playing part time.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:28 AM
While the above is true, I think the genesis for that whole situation was the mishandling of Houston's injury. (a couple of times, now)

I definitely think it was mishandled.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Yes we overspent on Hali but it's not like he has fallen off.

Bowser
06-26-2017, 11:39 AM

Yes, absolutely.

Petro had a segment a week or two ago speaking on that, particularly how the agents of the players are convincing their clients to seek second and third opinions away from the team, and how it's actually hurting the players in the long run. It happened with both Houston and Charles - both of them ended up seeing Dr. Andrews instead of getting it fixed by the in house doctors, and both of those guys ended up not ready to play when they initially came back. It was an interesting talking point.

Bowser
06-26-2017, 11:39 AM

Been a minute since you've broken that one out, lol.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Been a minute since you've broken that one out, lol.

I've been busy...

Eleazar
06-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Yes, absolutely.

Petro had a segment a week or two ago speaking on that, particularly how the agents of the players are convincing their clients to seek second and third opinions away from the team, and how it's actually hurting the players in the long run. It happened with both Houston and Charles - both of them ended up seeing Dr. Andrews instead of getting it fixed by the in house doctors, and both of those guys ended up not ready to play when they initially came back. It was an interesting talking point.

Even last year, I spent the offseason telling people that you can't have ACL surgery in February/March and be ready for football by August, and that the bye week would probably be a best case. I was roundly condemned for not having faith in him, told that he was a pro athlete and it would be fine, etc. You aren't going to be 100% back from an ACL in 4 months. For most people it's like 8 or 10 months, maybe longer.

Then we started hearing that the knee wasn't healing as fast as expected - he went to Andrews again, things drug out, and in the end he tried to come back at midseason and was still ineffective.

It's the same thing that happened before - he should have been shut down by the team weeks earlier, but they wanted him back for the playoffs even at a diminished level. It didn't work either time and set his recovery back both times.

Nobody ever seemed to ask the team questions about this - we don't know that Houston will ever be what he was before - and why they were playing so fast and loose with such a huge investment.

wazu
06-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Don't get the Tamba hate in here. He's past his prime but not that expensive for the production he gives.

And he's absolutely right on this topic. Dorsey has done an outstanding job and firing him just seems crazy.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Even last year, I spent the offseason telling people that you can't have ACL surgery in February/March and be ready for football by August, and that the bye week would probably be a best case. I was roundly condemned for not having faith in him, told that he was a pro athlete and it would be fine, etc. You aren't going to be 100% back from an ACL until 8 or 10 months, for some people longer.

Then we started hearing that the knee wasn't healing as fast as expected - he went to Andrews again, things drug out, and in the end he tried to come back at midseason and was still ineffective.

It's the same thing that happened before - he should have been shut down by the team weeks earlier, but they wanted him back for the playoffs even at a diminished level. It didn't work either time and set his recovery back both times.

Nobody ever seemed to ask the team questions about this - we don't know that Houston will ever be what he was before - and why they were playing so fast and loose with such a huge investment.

YOUR and idiot!

"You're not a doctor - you don't know!"

"NFL players have much better medical care than we do!"

"He's the best in the business! Who are you to judge?!?"

Rasputin
06-26-2017, 11:50 AM
I still think Dee Ford was a reach and still has a lot to prove for his draft slot. Also a replacement for Tamba Hali with big shoes to fill.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:53 AM
I still think Dee Ford was a reach and still has a lot to prove for his draft slot. Also a replacement for Tamba Hali with big shoes to fill.

Right now he's not Tamba.

He's a much more natural and talented pass rusher but much more raw and less effective in all other areas.

But lets be honest - that position is not about effectively dropping into zone or locking down a HB man to man...

Rausch
06-26-2017, 11:54 AM

The pick was years ago so no use crying about it.

He's a damned good pass rusher and should be used as such.

Iconic
06-26-2017, 12:07 PM
We all know the Tamba contract sucked but this thread really shouldn't be about that or his decline.

What's far more interesting is many reports implied a part of why Dorsey is gone is due to his inability to communicate and souring Berry's morale. That theory doesn't bode well when a well-respected player comes out and says that same devil will be missed.

If all of this really was just about the cap Clark's a fuckstick and this franchise is doomed.

thabear04
06-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Wonder if Dorsey bought his music that he released.

Rasputin
06-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Wonder if Dorsey bought his music that he released.

He over paid if he did.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 12:24 PM
We all know the Tamba contract sucked but this thread really shouldn't be about that or his decline.

What's far more interesting is many reports implied a part of why Dorsey is gone is due to his inability to communicate and souring Berry's morale. That theory doesn't bode well when a well-respected player comes out and says that same devil will be missed.

If all of this really was just about the cap Clark's a ****stick and this franchise is doomed.

He took a very Carl Peterson approach to vets.

Then folded and paid.

That benefited no one...

suzzer99
06-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Tamba just being Tamba - a standup loyal guy.

TLO
06-26-2017, 12:36 PM
Tamba should thank his lucky stars he still has a spot on this team. He's been old/slow for like 3 seasons now it seems like

Rausch
06-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Tamba just being Tamba - a standup loyal guy.

Probably.

He's definitely that...

Garcia Bronco
06-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Come to Denver Tamba, we can give you new life.

ChiTown
06-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Come to Denver Tamba, we can give you new life.

and AIDS......

JakeF
06-26-2017, 12:57 PM
It's why I'm skeptical of all the talk about Dorsey being hard to get along with. He overpaid Houston,Berry,Charles and Hali. He probably overpaid Maclin. The players should love him with they way he structure their deals. Reid and Maclin were upset about how he cut Maclin. Hunt was pissed about Dorsey spending more money than he probably should have.

All about the money,money,money...

penbrook
06-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Like I said Hali has the third most pressures among OLB since 2013 and that's with him playing part time. People underestimate him so much. But it's kinda hard to rack up 10+ sacks seasons when he's getting chokehold by the LT every time

Chiefnj2
06-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Tamba has slowed down, but was tied for 4th in the NFL in pressures from the right side.
He did that while only playing half the defensive snaps. He isn't nearly as ineffective or washed up as people would like to believe.

Rausch
06-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Tamba has slowed down, but was tied for 4th in the NFL in pressures from the right side.
He did that while only playing half the defensive snaps. He isn't nearly as ineffective or washed up as people would like to believe.

Rushes means got close.

In games he played how many sacks did he have?

How many games was he completely washed out?

I have nothing bad to say about him over his career. I have nothing bad to say about him as a man.

As a player he should have been cut 2 years ago and he won't be cut this year either because his hit is too much...

MagicHef
06-26-2017, 02:36 PM
But I'm sure the Hunt family knows exactly what they're doing with the re-signing of our coach Andy Reid.

This sounds extremely passive-aggressive to me.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
06-26-2017, 05:07 PM
This coming from the same Tamba Hali who went public a few months ago on twitter upset that the team asked him to sign a team friendly contract??

penbrook
06-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Rushes means got close.

In games he played how many sacks did he have?

How many games was he completely washed out?

I have nothing bad to say about him over his career. I have nothing bad to say about him as a man.

As a player he should have been cut 2 years ago and he won't be cut this year either because his hit is too much...

It's hard to get sacks when you are getting chokehold every play

kccrow
06-26-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm not pleased with John Dorsey's exit, where the fuck is my exclusive thread!

HemiEd
06-26-2017, 05:47 PM

Agreed

http://i63.tinypic.com/3d6wn.jpg

rico
06-26-2017, 06:29 PM
This sounds extremely passive-aggressive to me.

My immediate thought, to a "T."