PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dorsey

TLO
06-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Glenn Dorsey was drafted by Chiefs with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

For whatever reason, I have very little recollection of him being a Chief.

Was he simply a bust? Did he have any standout seasons/plays that you remember?

Quesadilla Joe
06-29-2017, 07:21 PM
I remember laughing at the Raiders for drafting McFadden over Dorsey and then being pissed when the Chiefs landed him.

tk13
06-29-2017, 07:30 PM
That guy was thought of as one of the best defensive linemen to come out in a while. Was a bit surprising he fell to us.

TLO
06-29-2017, 07:45 PM
I remember laughing at the Raiders for drafting McFadden over Dorsey and then being pissed when the Chiefs landed him.

Dorsey was drafted to play DT in a 4-3, correct?

Buehler445
06-29-2017, 07:46 PM
He was uber fat under Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Under Pioli, he said he'd quit eating Cajun food. He got moved to 3 technique and didn't do a fucking thing.

Chiefs paid him a gazillion or so dollars and he fucking sucked fucking balls. The entire fucking time.

Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. I fucking hate that fucking guy.

Quesadilla Joe
06-29-2017, 07:47 PM
That guy was thought of as one of the best defensive linemen to come out in a while. Was a bit surprising he fell to us.

Dorsey was supposed to be a future HOF'er. I guess he had some knee issues or something but I was not happy when KC selected him

Didn't KC lose a coinflip with Atlanta that year? If KC won that coinfilip they probably would've drafted Matt Ryan.

Red Dawg
06-29-2017, 07:50 PM
Every analyst loved Dorsey. It was the right pick but he busted.

Quesadilla Joe
06-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Dorsey was drafted to play DT in a 4-3, correct?

Yeah, at the time Dorsey was supposedly the best 4-3 DT to come out in a very long time.

Buehler445
06-29-2017, 07:58 PM

I blame Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. When you read articles about your huge contract DT talking about how he's going to lay off cajun food you know the coaching culture is hot fucking garbage.

Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Fuck that fucking guy.

KC_Lee
06-29-2017, 08:09 PM
He was a nice 1 - 2 punch of highly drafted LSU D-linemen that KC took, Dorsey & T-Jax...what a pair of absolute busts.

jaa1025
06-29-2017, 08:16 PM
Dorsey was one of those once a decade picks. He was supposed to be great. Unfortunately for him, he was forced into a 3-4 defense in KC. He was good against the run if I remember but his pass rush never developed. Im not sure if it was scheme, injuries or what because his dominant pass rush in college never translated.

One thing I can say positively is that this front office knows how to find talent on the Dline. Pioli was absolutely terrible at it.

Rasputin
06-29-2017, 08:57 PM

He had red flags over his knees not being in good shape. That turned out to be his problem.

Red Dawg
06-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Now Tyson Jackson on the other hand was a reach of epic proportions that everyone thought was utterly insane.

notorious
06-29-2017, 09:05 PM
The fucking scheme murdered his career.

Simply Red
06-29-2017, 09:07 PM
could have had Matty Ice

Red Dawg
06-29-2017, 09:08 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/380404-the-great-nfl-draft-hype-machine-remember-that-glenn-dorsey-guy

Article about the Dorsey hype machine getting it wrong. Damn we had some bad luck in the top ten.

Bewbies
06-29-2017, 09:08 PM
could have had Matty Ice

Imagine how different the last decade would have been had we gone that route...

I'll never forget that draft, it was the day we found out my brother had brain cancer. :#

SAGA45
06-29-2017, 09:49 PM
The ****ing scheme murdered his career.

This

He would've been a monster in a 4-3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AXfjV1LHkyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Bundy
06-29-2017, 10:02 PM
I blame Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. When you read articles about your huge contract DT talking about how he's going to lay off cajun food you know the coaching culture is hot fucking garbage.

Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Fuck that fucking guy.

How do you feel about Herm?

splatbass
06-29-2017, 10:07 PM
He was uber fat under Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards. Under Pioli, he said he'd quit eating Cajun food. He got moved to 3 technique and didn't do a ****ing thing.

Chiefs paid him a gazillion or so dollars and he ****ing sucked ****ing balls. The entire ****ing time.

**** Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards. I ****ing hate that ****ing guy.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Bowser
06-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Is Big Smoke trolling hard with this thread?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/maybe.gif

Buehler445
06-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Dorsey was one of those once a decade picks. He was supposed to be great. Unfortunately for him, he was forced into a 3-4 defense in KC. He was good against the run if I remember but his pass rush never developed. Im not sure if it was scheme, injuries or what because his dominant pass rush in college never translated.

One thing I can say positively is that this front office knows how to find talent on the Dline. Pioli was absolutely terrible at it.

The fucking scheme murdered his career.

This

He would've been a monster in a 4-3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AXfjV1LHkyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was pure unadulterated fucking garbage under Squirmin Sherman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards in his natural position.

He only got better when Crennel showed up. He was better as a block eater than the penetrator that Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards was trying to use him as.

The options are:
1. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards ruined his career
2. He was shit. He was supposed to be Warren Sapp. He was closer to Benny Sapp
3. Some amalgamation of the two.

TLO
06-30-2017, 09:14 AM
Is Big Smoke trolling hard with this thread?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/maybe.gif

https://media.tenor.com/images/c98152b55e67496707ff555edae3c45f/tenor.gif

Granslamwhich
06-30-2017, 09:30 AM
He was pure unadulterated fucking garbage under Squirmin Sherman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards in his natural position.

He only got better when Crennel showed up. He was better as a block eater than the penetrator that Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards was trying to use him as.

The options are:
1. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards ruined his career

Going to have to go with option #3 on this one

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-30-2017, 09:50 AM
He had an injury to his tibia (IIRC) that likely never healed correctly. He was a monster in college, everyone loved him, and he was a massive disappointment despite having probably the highest draft grade in the class.

Even sure things aren't sure.

Buehler445
06-30-2017, 09:59 AM
He had an injury to his tibia (IIRC) that likely never healed correctly. He was a monster in college, everyone loved him, and he was a massive disappointment despite having probably the highest draft grade in the class.

Even sure things aren't sure.

Further evidence, see: Joekyl, Luke. He was supposed to be the safest pick in a decade.

There aren't much for "safe" picks and it drives me ducking mad when douches talk about the.

TLO
06-30-2017, 12:06 PM
He was pure unadulterated ****ing garbage under Squirmin Sherman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards in his natural position.

He only got better when Crennel showed up. He was better as a block eater than the penetrator that Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards was trying to use him as.

The options are:
1. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards ruined his career

Benny Sapp - LMAO

I forgot all about that dude.

Buehler445
06-30-2017, 07:39 PM
Benny Sapp - LMAO

I forgot all about that dude.

That was a bad time in my Chief fandom. At one point he was the best corner on the roster.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3b/3b801426da856279b1ed1e975ee0faf18ca7d371f06105e59953b569bc692552.jpg