PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach

Pages : [1] 2

okiedokieokoye
07-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.

pugsnotdrugs19
07-10-2017, 02:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero">@TomPelissero</a> and me: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/884510386346754049">July 10, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Make sense. Ian said Veach and Borganzi were running the show last week

Rasputin
07-10-2017, 02:38 PM
As if this is shocking surprise

Rasputin
07-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Okeydokie

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Makes sense. Ian said him and Borgonzi were running the show last week

The Franchise
07-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Everyone knew that was coming.

ptlyon
07-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Everyone knew that was coming.

Well yeah, because Ian said him and Borgonzi were running the show last week

teedubya
Print 'em?

Eleazar
How good is he at wearing ties and picking up candy wrappers?

Sorce
07-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Do we know his stance on candy wrappers?

Eleazar
07-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

For the #Chiefs, Brett Veach was the top internal candidate. Andy Reid loves him.

And people think this wasn't a Reid power play?

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:47 PM
How good is he at wearing ties and picking up candy wrappers?

He's 39. I assume he likes to wear suits

The Franchise
07-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Chiefs promoted co-director of player personnel Brett Veach to GM.

The move should give Kansas City stability atop the organization after John Dorsey's shocking firing. Veach has an extensive college scouting background and spent the last two seasons as the Chiefs' co-director of player personnel, working closely with Dorsey and Andy Reid. Veach followed Reid from Philadelphia to Kansas City. He was credited with playing a prominent role in drafting both DeSean Jackson and Fletcher Cox with the Eagles.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:49 PM

Name me a better option out there. Veach knows the system and I expect him and Borgonzi kind of running the show together. Both very good at finding talent

Red Dawg
Good to hear. Now we can move on.

penbrook
His first order of buisness is to get PM2 signed ASAP

Eleazar
07-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Name me a better option out there. Veach knows the system and I expect him and Borgonzi kind of running the show together. Both very good at finding talent

When you are looking for a GM in July, your options probably are pretty limited.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Per John Middlekauff

Worked with Brett Veach for years. He'll be great. On the same page w/Andy, has a very good eye & is football 24/7

The Bad Guy
07-10-2017, 02:53 PM

This had zero to do with Reid.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Coining and copyrighting "Son of a Veach" when this dude fucks up.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Veach enters his first season as an NFL General Manager and his 11th year in the National Football League. He will report directly to Hunt on all player personnel matters. Prior to being elevated, he previously served as the Chiefs Co-Director of Player Personnel.

Did Dorsey report to Hunt directly regarding player personnel matters?

ChiefGator
07-10-2017, 02:55 PM
I wonder if he was running the show last week already....

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 02:56 PM
When you are looking for a GM in July, your options probably are pretty limited.

Bullshit

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 02:56 PM

Don't waste your time on the troll

Red Dawg
07-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Yes he did. The HC and GM report straight to Clark. Not to each other.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 02:57 PM

Oh, you mean like taking a CB in the 3rd round, bypassing Dak Prescott, only to cut him before the end of Training Camp?

That kind of fuck up?

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:58 PM
I wonder if he was running the show last week already....

Yep. Rapoport said him and Borgonzi were running it last week

rico
07-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Cool...I don't know much about him, but I hope he does well.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Oh, you mean like taking a CB in the 3rd round, bypassing Dak Prescott, only to cut him before the end of Training Camp?

That kind of fuck up?

Just saying. I want to get in on this gravy train before it takes off like "Dammit Carl" and "Egoli."

penbrook
07-10-2017, 02:59 PM
He's founded the likes of Fletcher Cox, Desean Jackson, and Lesean McCoy

Eleazar
07-10-2017, 03:00 PM

Whether Reid was in Clark's ear about getting rid of Dorsey or he was simply fired over money as per the official story, the team is not better off than it was before.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:02 PM
the team is not better off than it was before.

You have zero evidence that this is true.

Chief_For_Life58
07-10-2017, 03:03 PM
who?

gblowfish
07-10-2017, 03:04 PM
He has funky rooster hair. Hope he's not a numbskull.

The Bad Guy
07-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Whether Reid was in Clark's ear about getting rid of Dorsey or he was simply fired over money as per the official story, the team is not better off than it was before.

The official story was that Dorsey stopped communicating and Clark wasn't going to extend someone he thought was too comfortable.

Ballard is the big loss here.

JakeF
Great!! He can continue to babysit Reid's kids.

Rasputin
who?

is on first

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:06 PM
He has funky rooster hair. Hope he's not a numbskull.

He has a Master's Degree in Education, interviewed for the Bills job in May, scouted and found several high quality players (LeSean McCoy, Desean Jackson among others) and according to NFL circles, would have been hired in 2018 as a GM elsewhere.

MahiMike
07-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Name me a better option out there.

John Dorsey

rico
07-10-2017, 03:07 PM
He has a Master's Degree in Education, interviewed for the Bills job in May, scouted and found several high quality players (LeSean McCoy, Desean Jackson among others) and according to NFL circles, would have been hired in 2018 as a GM elsewhere.

Nice.

PunkinDrublic
07-10-2017, 03:08 PM
JFC he's younger than me. Time to reevaluate my life decisions.

Eleazar
07-10-2017, 03:08 PM
The official story was that Dorsey stopped communicating and Clark wasn't going to extend someone he thought was too comfortable.

Ballard is the big loss here.

'too comfortable' is not exactly a well reasoned justification for firing the GM right before the season IMO.

Especially, as you say, just months after the same owner let the top GM candidate walk away.

Call it a crisis of leadership.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-10-2017, 03:09 PM
He has a Master's Degree in Education.

Not to pick nits, but anyone with a pulse can get an MAE.

RunKC
07-10-2017, 03:10 PM
From Clark:

“Brett has a sharp football mind, a tremendous work ethic and a keen eye for finding talent. Over the last four seasons he’s played a critical role in building our football team. I look forward to working with him to continue to build on the strong foundation we have in place.”

Remember the reports that internal employees were pissed that Dorsey got the credit for talent they found?

Do you think that Veach was the one finding a lot of the guys we brought in the last 4 years?

Apparently Clark does.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:11 PM
'too comfortable' is not exactly a well reasoned justification for firing the GM right before the season IMO.

Especially, as you say, just months after the same owner let the top GM candidate walk away.

This is complete and utter bullshit.

Teams routinely fire their GM's just after the draft. On April 30, Doug Whaley was fired by the Bills and was replaced by Brandon Beane on May 12th.

Fortunately, Veach didn't get the Buffalo job.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Not to pick nits, but anyone with a pulse can get an MAE.

His qualification don't point to him as being a "numbskull".

Maybe he is but I highly doubt it.

The Bad Guy
07-10-2017, 03:13 PM

Clark Hunt clearly had his reasons.

Predarat
07-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Dammit Carl! Or somebody!

RunKC
07-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Matt Miller
For anyone and everyone asking...

Ballard would have been my A1 for Chiefs job, Veach is A2. Very good hire.

Matt also said in 2015 that Veach would be a GM shortly after Ballard.

Tribal Warfare
07-10-2017, 03:16 PM
From Clark:

Remember the reports that internal employees were pissed that Dorsey got the credit for talent they found?

Do you think that Veach was the one finding a lot of the guys we brought in the last 4 years?

Apparently Clark does.

The Sunshine, Rainbows, and Ice Cream assumption of Veach is that he had the lionshares credit selecting Jones,Hill, and Kelce.

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 03:18 PM

OBVIOUSLY HE FUCKING DIDNT, HE FIRED A GUY JUST TO FIRE HIM!

penbrook
07-10-2017, 03:18 PM
I feel like Veach and Borgonzi will be working closely with each other. Two great people with an eye for talent

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 03:19 PM
The Sunshine, Rainbows, and Ice Cream assumption of Veach is that he had the lionshares credit selecting Jones,Hill, and Kelce.

you have said this multiple times and it sounds silly every time

Eleazar

I am sure he did, and since we will never get the real story we can only speculate. I just wish that the product on the field were the primary motivation for Hunt's decisions.

penbrook
Just if anyone is interested

Brett Veach's introductory press conference with Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt will be Monday, July 24 at 10:30am.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 03:20 PM
I am sure he did, and since we will never get the real story we can only speculate. I just wish that the product on the field were the primary motivation for Hunt's decisions.

I'm pretty sure the cap situation had some to do with it.

In58men
OBVIOUSLY HE ****ING DIDNT, HE FIRED A GUY JUST TO FIRE HIM!

You remind me of Bob Dole. Always wanting to ban and having childish outbursts.

DaneMcCloud
the Sunshine, Rainbows, and Ice Cream assumption of Veach is that he had the lionshares credit selecting Jones,Hill, and Kelce.

I don't think that's true at all.

Ryne Nutt, the Chiefs Southeast Scout, was the guy that heavily scouted Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 03:21 PM

i was being sarcastic you stupid fuck.

how many people have i actually banned? how many people have i actually voted to be banned?

if you dont know the answers to the questions you should shut the fuck up.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:21 PM

Bullshit, again.

The "story" has been revealed by Albert Breer, Terez Paylor, Sam Mellinger and others.

You just foolishly choose not to believe it.

Tribal Warfare
07-10-2017, 03:22 PM

Ryne Nutt, the Chiefs Southeast Scout, was the guy that heavily scouted Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.

As I said it is the blind hope assumption.

RunKC
07-10-2017, 03:24 PM

I think he got a promotion. He's no longer listed as a scout.

Now he's Assistant director of college scouting per the team chiefs.com.

JohnnyHammersticks
07-10-2017, 03:24 PM

I know Veach is in management so it's different, but the morning you wake up and realize that there aren't any professional athletes as old as you are is pretty depressing. With me, it was when Jamie Moyer retired.

Thank God for the Senior PGA tour.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Not generally a fan of Arrowhead Pride but this is interesting, nonetheless:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/6/26/15862256/lets-get-to-know-brett-veach-the-chiefs-in-house-gm-candidate

More ...

This is an exciting example of his eye for talent - he pounded the table for Fletcher Cox while with the Eagles.

Definitely give this podcast a listen, it features interviews with Veach (starting around 24-minute mark) along with Chris Ballard and Mike Borgonzi (another potential in-house candidate)

Veach indicates he has a dual role in scouting pro players (for cut downs) and traveling to scout college players (this is great preparation for a GM role). Veach discussed how the back end of the roster is critical, and the Josh Mauga and Husain Abdullah signings were the types of free agents that pay dividends.

-King-
07-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Good hire. I heard him and Borgonzi were running the show last week.
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyChuckles
07-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Coining and copyrighting "Son of a Veach" when this dude ****s up.

Beat you to it by two weeks, ya jackass.

I want him just so we can say "Son of a Veach" whenever something goes wrong.

On that note, I'm out again. Nice seeing you all.

JohnnyHammersticks
07-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Walter Football gives the hire a B+.

The good news: Walter Football usually hates every single move the Chiefs make.

The bad news: Walter Football doesn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

Chiefs hire GM Brett Veach: B+ Grade
The Chiefs weren't expected to fire John Dorsey, but this move was more predictable. The Kansas City Star's Terez Paylor reported that Brett Veach was expected to be named Kansas City's new general manager, and that's exactly what happened.

Veach is a fine hiring. To be more precise, the Chiefs actually promoted Veach, as he was the co-director of player personnel. Veach has worked with Andy Reid for many years; he was once a top scout for the Eagles, so it's nice that the two have an extensive relationship.

In a vacuum, I'd say there were better candidates to be Kansas City's general manager. However, that doesn't matter in this instance because Reid is the one making all of the personnel decisions. Veach will handle the finances and contracts, much like Dorsey did.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php#b36p2gq4S3QQJCqI.99

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:33 PM
However, that doesn't matter in this instance because Reid is the one making all of the personnel decisions. Veach will handle the finances and contracts, much like Dorsey did.

ROFL

staylor26
07-10-2017, 03:35 PM
You have to think a guy that pounded the table for guys like Cox, DJax, and McCoy in Philly before learning from Dorsey/Ballard has the potential to be a really good one.

Can't wait to see how he does in his first draft without a 1st.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Wtf Reid has no say in this at all. Veach will run the show while Reid coaches. They might discuss a player or two here and there but Reid does not make the decisions

Rasputin
07-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Walter Football gives the hire a B+.

The good news: Walter Football usually hates every single move the Chiefs make.

The bad news: Walter Football doesn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

Chiefs hire GM Brett Veach: B+ Grade
The Chiefs weren't expected to fire John Dorsey, but this move was more predictable. The Kansas City Star's Terez Paylor reported that Brett Veach was expected to be named Kansas City's new general manager, and that's exactly what happened.

Veach is a fine hiring. To be more precise, the Chiefs actually promoted Veach, as he was the co-director of player personnel. Veach has worked with Andy Reid for many years; he was once a top scout for the Eagles, so it's nice that the two have an extensive relationship.

In a vacuum, I'd say there were better candidates to be Kansas City's general manager. However, that doesn't matter in this instance because Reid is the one making all of the personnel decisions. Veach will handle the finances and contracts, much like Dorsey did.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php#b36p2gq4S3QQJCqI.99

ROFL

The Veach hire is a moot point for firing Dorsey LMAO

Moot

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:38 PM
The Veach hire is a moot point for firing Dorsey LMAO

Moot

I don't know what this means

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 03:39 PM
I don't know what this means

maybe he meant it was a mute point.

would have made as much sense...

JohnnyHammersticks
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
ROFL

I almost put those sentences in bold. They literally run a football-related website without having the slightest clue about anything relating to football.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 03:42 PM
I almost put those sentences in bold. They literally run a football-related website without having the slightest clue about anything relating to football.

Walter's been a dumbass since 1997

beach tribe
07-10-2017, 03:54 PM
It's really uncomfortable every time I realize I have to pray to Jesus that our GM knows what he's doing..

Please don't let our drafting go to shit..Please.

staylor26
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
It's really uncomfortable every time I realize I have to pray to Jesus that our GM knows what he's doing..

Please don't let our drafting go to shit..Please.

I highly doubt it will go to shit, but it's going to be tough to match Dorsey's.

In58men
07-10-2017, 03:58 PM
i was being sarcastic you stupid ****.

how many people have i actually banned? how many people have i actually voted to be banned?

if you dont know the answers to the questions you should shut the **** up.

Notice how you get so defensive? Similarities show more and more.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 04:03 PM
I highly doubt it will go to shit, but it's going to be tough to match Dorsey's.

You mean the cap situation he left us in. Pioli could do a better job than Dorsey at managing the cap

staylor26
07-10-2017, 04:05 PM
You mean the cap situation he left us in. Pioli could do a better job than Dorsey at managing the cap

I was talking specifically about his drafts.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2017, 04:06 PM

Unless he stops bring that fat fuck his sandwiches...

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Being a successful GM is collaborative effort.

While Dorsey's gone, most of the scouts still remain, as does Borgonzi.

They hired Chris Shea as salary cap and legal executive, and Tim Terry as director of pro personnel.

They also promoted Brandt Tilis to director of football administration (replacing Trip MacCracken), Ryan Poles to director of college scouting, Ryne Nutt to assistant director of college scouting, Dan Zegers to college scouting coordinator, Jim Noel to be a pro scout and Daniel Ricci to be a player personnel assistant.

Even if they hadn't fired Dorsey, there was a big front office shake up.

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 04:16 PM

ROFL

pointing out that you are a fucking idiot isnt getting defensive.

hell i voted for your dumb ass to get to come back...

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 04:17 PM

youre a dumb ass

the distance between DOle and Sauto is greater than that between you and touching a vagina

that means its alot by the way since clearly youre an imbecile

penbrook
07-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Veach sucks already. 2 hours into his hiring and he hasn't even signed PM2 yet!!

BlackHelicopters
07-10-2017, 04:18 PM
See you in February. LII

chiefzilla1501
07-10-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm good with hiring veach. If he can make the same kind of personnel decisions as Dorsey and manage the cap well, we've got a great gm pick.

But it's silly to undermine the work Dorsey did to justify the hire. He's easily the best gm the Chiefs have had in decades. Clark may have had his reasons for the move but he better be fucking right. Veach has the qualifications to do it. But the bar is set pretty high if you're going to fire a guy like Dorsey.

PunkinDrublic
07-10-2017, 04:34 PM
I know Veach is in management so it's different, but the morning you wake up and realize that there aren't any professional athletes as old as you are is pretty depressing. With me, it was when Jamie Moyer retired.

Thank God for the Senior PGA tour.

Vince Carter just signed a 1 year deal with the Kings so I'm good for now.

In58men
07-10-2017, 04:35 PM
ROFL

pointing out that you are a ****ing idiot isnt getting defensive.

hell i voted for your dumb ass to get to come back...

Never a Dole moment here.

Eleazar
07-10-2017, 04:37 PM
I'm good with hiring veach. If he can make the same kind of personnel decisions as Dorsey and manage the cap well, we've got a great gm pick.

But it's silly to undermine the work Dorsey did to justify the hire. He's easily the best gm the Chiefs have had in decades. Clark may have had his reasons for the move but he better be ****ing right. Veach has the qualifications to do it. But the bar is set pretty high if you're going to fire a guy like Dorsey.

Veach must have an impressive collection of ties.

Titty Meat
07-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Cool were the Eagles

Halfcan
07-10-2017, 04:41 PM
His first order of buisness is to get PM2 signed ASAP

This!! Should we start worrying yet?

RealSNR
07-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Dorsey was Brett Veach plus a decade in experience when he was hired.

There WILL be growing pains with Veach. I hope people realize this

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Never a Dole moment here.

Banned from the thread for disrespect

In58men
07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
youre a dumb ass

the distance between DOle and Sauto is greater than that between you and touching a vagina

that means its alot by the way since clearly youre an imbecile

The difference between you and proper punctuation.......nevermind. You're a lost cause as well.

In58men
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Banned from the thread for disrespect

ROFL

stevieray
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM

...you're out of your league.

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 04:47 PM
ROFL

See how you are still posting?

Its called sarcasm you fucking dolt.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Cool were the Eagles

Cool!

I'll take 4 straight AFC Championship appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 04:50 PM
The difference between you and proper punctuation.......nevermind. You're a lost cause as well.

yes , the last hope for a semi retard who cant even BBQ something without burning his shitty apartment down

a guy who 'can smell gas' on steaks made with with a gas BBQ

I mean...Dole was banning people with more frequency than the blowjobs you give at truck stops

I can't even think of anyone sauto has banned

to even compare them is stupid

Titty Meat
07-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Cool!

Me too hope it's not Eagles post 2009 though

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Cool!

For sure.

staylor26
07-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Me too hope it's not Eagles post 2009 though

How can it be with this roster and our young core?

It's all on Mahomes.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Cool!

I have heard that is mostly due to the DC who died..

I saw a pretty sad stat where it showed the record of Reid's eagles before and after the guy died, and it was night and day..

Of course I would take that too though..that would be better results than I have seen in my lifetime of 30ish years as a chiefs fan

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 04:57 PM
yes , the last hope for a semi retard who cant even BBQ something without burning his shitty apartment down

a guy who 'can smell gas' on steaks made with with a gas BBQ

I mean...Dole was banning people with more frequency than the amount of head you give at truck stops

I can't even think of anyone sauto has banned

to even compare them is stupidI banned hootie, once . And gave him every fucking chance to not get banned.
I also banned knowmo from the mahomes thread when it was started but only for two weeks. I thought we deserved that after how long it had been. He's not a chiefs fan he didn't deserve to come talk shit right then. I didn't ban any fan (or even tigger) because of they didn't like the pick that's their right.

In men doesn't knew what sarcasm means and he's pouty about getting clowned in the royals thread yesterday and I said I was gonna ban him but he would miss the post.

SAUTO
07-10-2017, 04:58 PM

I saw a pretty sad stat where it showed the record of Reid's eagles before and after the guy died, and it was night and day..

Of course I would take that too though..that would be better results than I have seen in my lifetime of 30ish years as a chiefs fan

Jim Johnson iirc was who died, hell uva dc.

penbrook
07-10-2017, 05:00 PM
This!! Should we start worrying yet?

Yes!! We should fly banners around saying fire Veach.

But if he isn't sign by training camp than there is a problem. He's 1 out of 5 first round picks who aren't signed yet in the NFL

chiefzilla1501
07-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Jim Johnson was outstanding. Losing him was one thing. The big problem was the eagles replaced him with a bunch of rejects. Good news is Reid has a DC now who knows what he's doing.

Anyway, I think it's irrelevant because I dont see veach as installing the eagles way. I'm sure he will model his personnel operation after Dorsey's. That's a good thing. I just hope he can do it as effectively. I don't think Reid has much history meddling with the draft so I don't think that will be an issue. I think veach will be allowed to be his own man.

Black Bob
07-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Wonder if Clark will go with someone else in January if we have a mediocre season. This hire seems temporary to me.

Easy 6
07-10-2017, 05:12 PM
From Clark:

Apparently Clark does.

I'd love nothing more than to believe this is true

If this guy and Borgonzi can continue to draft and find scrap heap value at the level Dorsey did (or didnt?)... I will be ecstatic

But in keeping with the spirit of Missouri... they'll need to 'show me' before I buy in

Easy 6
07-10-2017, 05:14 PM

But it's silly to undermine the work Dorsey did to justify the hire. He's easily the best gm the Chiefs have had in decades. Clark may have had his reasons for the move but he better be ****ing right. Veach has the qualifications to do it. But the bar is set pretty high if you're going to fire a guy like Dorsey.

All of this

RippedmyFlesh
07-10-2017, 05:17 PM

Or when he nails it "A day at the Veach"

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 05:22 PM

That's false. While Jim Johnson certainly deserves credit, Any Reid and the offense were damn good in Phily.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Coining and copyrighting "Son of a Veach" when this dude ****s up.

song idea, i will do voice if dane plays the guitar and we get someone to make the cowbell HELLA loud

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dDa1W9CE7L8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:24 PM
That's false. While Jim Johnson certainly deserves credit, Any Reid and the offense were damn good in Phily.

I don't know too much about it, i didn't follow the eagles but the w/l record before and after Johnson's death was pretty convincing ...but its been a few years since i saw the stat

staylor26
07-10-2017, 05:24 PM

And it's kind of irrelevant since Bob Sutton and the defense continue to be the strength of the team.

Sutton might not be JJ, but he's one of the best currently in the NFL. He's better than Chiefs fans give him credit for.

staylor26
07-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Wonder if Clark will go with someone else in January if we have a mediocre season. This hire seems temporary to me.

LMAO

:facepalm:

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:28 PM
And it's kind of irrelevant since Bob Sutton and the defense continue to be the strength of the team.

Doesnt that mesh exactly with what I am saying...?

Johnson was the Strength of the eagles like Sutton is the Strength of the chiefs...

how is it irrelevant when the situation is similar?

RealSNR
07-10-2017, 05:28 PM
I can't wait to yell at casual fan n00b posters who will inevitably call him "Brent Veach"

staylor26
07-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Doesnt that mesh exactly with what I am saying...?

Johnson was the Strength of the eagles like Sutton is the Strength of the chiefs...

how is it irrelevant when the situation is similar?

I'm saying it's irrelevant because it won't be an issue here. He has another really good DC that isn't going anywhere.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm saying it's irrelevant because it won't be an issue because he has another really good DC that isn't going anywhere.

its still a relevant comparison that the strength behind reid is his DC once again....just because he isn't 'going anywhere' right now doesn't make that comparison invalid

staylor26
07-10-2017, 05:36 PM
its still a relevant comparison that the strength behind reid is his DC once again....just because he isn't 'going anywhere' right now doesn't make that comparison invalid

Reid, like every other offensive minded HC, needs a competent DC to consistently win.

This isn't really that complicated.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Reid, like every other offensive minded HC, needs a competent DC to consistently win.

This isn't really that complicated.

youre the one who said it wasn't relevant....what if sutton gets another job or a HC job...then would it be relevant? YOU are the one who said it isnt a relevant comparison. It is. You're right, its not complicated at all.

staylor26
07-10-2017, 05:40 PM
youre the one who said it wasn't relevant....what if sutton gets another job or a HC job...then would it be relevant? YOU are the one who said it isnt a relevant comparison. It is. You're right, its not complicated at all.

Sutton has already said that he doesn't want to be a HC, so there are no other jobs. He's never ever even interviewed during his time here.

That is why I said this is irrelevant.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:42 PM
That is why I said this is irrelevant.

Unlikely perhaps (If I accept what you say that he wouldn't take another job or that there are no jobs he would take other than our DC) , but irrelevant is not the right term for it.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a5/a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

In58men
07-10-2017, 05:44 PM
I banned hootie, once . And gave him every ****ing chance to not get banned.
I also banned knowmo from the mahomes thread when it was started but only for two weeks. I thought we deserved that after how long it had been. He's not a chiefs fan he didn't deserve to come talk shit right then. I didn't ban any fan (or even tigger) because of they didn't like the pick that's their right.

In men doesn't knew what sarcasm means and he's pouty about getting clowned in the royals thread yesterday and I said I was gonna ban him but he would miss the post.

I actually didn't see the post until now. Just another typical fire joke, smh. Not that great.

staylor26
07-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Unlikely perhaps, but irrelevant is not the right term for it.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a5/a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

Sutton will be here for the remainder of Reid's tenure unless he dies.

Ming the Merciless
07-10-2017, 05:47 PM

WHat if we win the superbowl 3 times with mahomes and a mind blowing D? No one offers the guy a job and/or he refuses to take more money than Clark offers?

How do you know this? This doesn't even have a ring of truth to it...but I guess if you say so...

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 05:57 PM
WHat if we win the superbowl 3 times with mahomes and a mind blowing D? No one offers the guy a job and/or he refuses to take more money than Clark offers?

How do you know this? This doesn't even have a ring of truth to it...but I guess if you say so...

Bob Sutton is 66 years old. He was the head coach at Army from 1991-1999, where he compiled a 44-54-1 record.

He's stated that he's not interested in becoming a head coach again.

GloucesterChief
07-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Bob Sutton is 66 years old. He was the head coach at Army from 1991-1999, where he compiled a 44-54-1 record.

He's stated that he's not interested in becoming a head coach again.

44-54-1 is not a bad record at all for a Service Academy and all the restrictions that go along with recruits to them.

BossChief
07-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Sweet

Garcia Bronco
07-10-2017, 07:04 PM
I heard this guy didn't even graduate from high school. Chiefs Blackledge it again.

BossChief
07-10-2017, 07:11 PM

He is very very good at identifying talent. I love listening to his post draft interviews and his thoughts on each pick.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Chiefs promoted co-director of player personnel Brett Veach to GM.

The move should give Kansas City stability atop the organization after John Dorsey's shocking firing. Veach has an extensive college scouting background and spent the last two seasons as the Chiefs' co-director of player personnel, working closely with Dorsey and Andy Reid. Veach followed Reid from Philadelphia to Kansas City. He was credited with playing a prominent role in drafting both DeSean Jackson and Fletcher Cox with the Eagles.

There we go . We won't lose a step .

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 07:34 PM
I heard this guy didn't even graduate from high school. Chiefs Blackledge it again.

:rolleyes:

milkman
07-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Life's a Veach.

Coach
07-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Unlikely perhaps (If I accept what you say that he wouldn't take another job or that there are no jobs he would take other than our DC) , but irrelevant is not the right term for it.

Sutton isn't going anywhere.

He's either going to retire/dies as the DC,

OR

He's going to get fired for poor defense (He'd have to reach Greg Robinson level bad to get that point, which is very unlikely).

That's it. There are no if/and/or/buts.

Chiefnj2
07-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Philly-west.

BlackHelicopters
07-10-2017, 08:26 PM
The future appears dim.

Bob Dole
07-10-2017, 08:29 PM
OMG MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!!!

milkman
07-10-2017, 08:38 PM

You do know that Jim Johnson died at the age of 68?

The Bad Guy
07-10-2017, 08:39 PM

It's probably because you're a mouth-breathing moron.

Yeah, Clark is going to give Veach a 4 year deal only to go with someone else in January. Your fingers should reject whatever signals your brain sends them before you post this constant nonsense.

Veach is a really well regarded guy who has a great eye for talent. He's going to be here multiple years.

The Bad Guy
07-10-2017, 08:40 PM
The future appears dim.

We finally have a young QB, with a lot of upper echelon players that aren't in their primes yet and the future is dim?

Jesus.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Veach is a really well regarded guy who has a great eye for talent. He's going to be here multiple years.

Exactly. If he wasn't going to get the Chiefs gig, he'd be elsewhere next year.

Also, if Veach succeeds for the next five years, it's likely he'll get to name Reid's successor, who I expect to be his former teammate and current Chiefs co-offensive coordinator, Matt Nagy.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 08:57 PM
We finally have a young QB, with a lot of upper echelon players that aren't in their primes yet and the future is dim?

Jesus.

Typical Chiefsplanet dumbassery

notorious
07-10-2017, 08:57 PM
I hope he is that diamond in the rough that will finally get a SB title.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 08:59 PM
I hope he is that diamond in the rough that will finally get a SB title.

Lamar Hunt had two GM's from 1960 until his death in 2006.

Since 2006, Clark Hunt has fired three GM's and hired a 4th.

Clark ain't fuckin' around.

NJChiefsFan
07-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Being a successful GM is collaborative effort.

While Dorsey's gone, most of the scouts still remain, as does Borgonzi.

They hired Chris Shea as salary cap and legal executive, and Tim Terry as director of pro personnel.

They also promoted Brandt Tilis to director of football administration (replacing Trip MacCracken), Ryan Poles to director of college scouting, Ryne Nutt to assistant director of college scouting, Dan Zegers to college scouting coordinator, Jim Noel to be a pro scout and Daniel Ricci to be a player personnel assistant.

Even if they hadn't fired Dorsey, there was a big front office shake up.

That kind of **** up?

I agree our front office was working together. But that being said that would mean Veach was also involved in the 3rd round decision to take a CB over Prescott.

I'm not trying to throw mud on this hire. This was the right move and I'm excited that we have such a deep front office that we can lose our top 2 and still be in a good shape.

However, we did lose our top 2. Even if people want to say Dorsey's flaws were enough to get him fired, having Dorsey, Ballard, and Veach collaborating clearly was a great combination. I personally would have preferred Clark make this "audit" earlier so we could have Ballard and Veach(for as many years we could keep him). Ballard/Veach would sound better to me but who knows if that scenario was ever even possible. I just don't like reading that Clark waited until after Ballard left to assess if he wanted to keep Dorsey. Even if this works out better for us that still is a questionable case of timing.

KChiefs1
07-10-2017, 09:02 PM
I can't wait to yell at casual fan n00b posters who will inevitably call him "Brent Veach"

That won't happen because Brett is a very popular name in KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scho63
07-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Boy this was really unexpected! ROFL

KChiefs1
07-10-2017, 09:04 PM
https://twitter.com/sports_wbre/status/884584293380616192

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penbrook
07-10-2017, 09:17 PM
What role will Borgonzi play. We interviewed him as well.

DaneMcCloud
07-10-2017, 09:26 PM
What role will Borgonzi play. We interviewed him as well.

Same role as before

BlackOp
07-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Dorsey unearthed a no-name player seemingly every year after the 53 man cutdowns....I'll reserve judgement until mid-season.

I will say my expectations are pretty low....

smith11
07-11-2017, 12:26 AM
son of a veach

mcaj22
07-11-2017, 05:05 AM

its definitely one of the poorest high schools in the state of PA but he definitely graduated/probably one of the smartest/most successful to come from it.

Buckweath
07-11-2017, 06:32 AM
Here's hoping he can be just as good as Dorsey. I'm not holding my breath though.

FloridaMan88
07-11-2017, 07:28 AM
Considering that it has been speculated that one of the reasons Clark became uncomfortable with Dorsey was because he didn't dress professionally (i.e. preferring to wear a sweatshirt rather than a suit/tie), it is interesting the photo of Veach the Chiefs have on their website in the official press release announcing his promotion to GM...

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/KC/photos/071017-veachgm-cp.jpg

bricks
07-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Considering that it has been speculated that one of the reasons Clark became uncomfortable with Dorsey was because he didn't dress professionally (i.e. preferring to wear a sweatshirt rather than a suit/tie), it is interesting the photo of Veach the Chiefs have on their website in the official press release announcing his promotion to GM...

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/KC/photos/071017-veachgm-cp.jpg

I hate stupid stuff like this.

What does not having the proper dress code have anything to do with his abilities as a gm?

This is an example of one exercising their authority way to far.

RunKC
07-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Clark didn't like the way Dorsey communicated. FFS Dorsey's voicemail to Maclin is clearly what sent everyone over the edge.

Terez has a new video out and he said that word around the Chiefs and the league (so the Eagles) is that Veach is a very good communicator.

penbrook
07-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Clark didn't like the way Dorsey communicated. FFS Dorsey's voicemail to Maclin is clearly what sent everyone over the edge.

Terez has a new video out and he said that word around the Chiefs and the league (so the Eagles) is that Veach is a very good communicator.

Let's hope he can manage the cap. It'll be Interesting after this season if he decides to keep or cut Alex Smith

Tribal Warfare
07-11-2017, 08:32 AM

Teresa also said his talent evaluating ability is on par in comparison to Dorsey.

Eleazar
07-11-2017, 09:25 AM

What does not having the proper dress code have anything to do with his abilities as a gm?

Goes back a long way - passing on people who don't necessarily fit the profile, the image that the Hunts want to project. How Dorsey got Hill in here we'll never know.

Projecting the desire image I guess is an important thing on the list of important things, apparently behind money, but before winning a super bowl.

penbrook
07-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Goes back a long way - passing on people who don't necessarily fit the profile, the image that the Hunts want to project. How Dorsey got Hill in here we'll never know.

Projecting the desire image I guess is an important thing on the list of important things, apparently behind money, but before winning a super bowl.

We got Hill here because Clark agreed that he could come here. Dorsey asked Clark prior to the draft if they could take him and Clark agreed with it. Hill is here because Clark wanted him here.

Eleazar
07-11-2017, 09:35 AM
We got Hill here because Clark agreed that he could come here. Dorsey asked Clark prior to the draft if they could take him and Clark agreed with it. Hill is here because Clark wanted him here.

Even by your own version of events, it's because Dorsey advocated for him.

Tribal Warfare
07-11-2017, 09:50 AM

The Hill/Peters picks were most likely a group decision with Dorsey,Reid, and scouts to bring to Clark and Family due to said damage control. It's not just Clark making the decisions behind the scenes he's the face of the Hunt family

penbrook
07-11-2017, 10:10 AM
The Hill/Peters picks were most likely a group decision with Dorsey,Reid, and scouts to bring to Clark and Family due to said damage control. It's not just Clark making the decisions behind the scenes he's the face of the Hunt family

No but he will be the deciding factor. The Peters pick was all Reid. The Hill pick could of been both, we don't know. But what we do know is that Clark isn't a bitch. Before he would only be okay if draft picks were captains of there teams, now it's I don't give a fuck if you've punched your pregnant gf or got kicked out of school, if you can play you belong on the Chiefs

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 10:25 AM
No but he will be the deciding factor. The Peters pick was all Reid. The Hill pick could of been both, we don't know. But what we do know is that Clark isn't a bitch. Before he would only be okay if draft picks were captains of there teams, now it's I don't give a fuck if you've punched your pregnant gf or got kicked out of school, if you can play you belong on the Chiefs

The Peters pick was Chris Ballard.

Ryne Nutt heavily scouted Hill and Jones.

It's a collaborative process.

Tribal Warfare
07-11-2017, 10:27 AM

Just remember he was the only one who wanted Pioli to return among the Hunt Family.

ptlyon
07-11-2017, 10:28 AM
May he step up and grab this franchise by the pussy and win us a championship

Color Red
07-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Tell me: why does anyone around here think they would bring in someone that Reid would knock heads with? Of course Reid is the point, and of course anyone on the "team" has to fit with him. I hope he is blue chip in player relations, contract business, and scouting talent.

RunKC
07-11-2017, 10:30 AM
I feel comfortable with Rynne Nutt, Brett Veach Mike Borgonzi along with Andy and his staff, but they have big shoes to fill.

God it was awesome having an all star staff with Ballard and Dorsey. There were so many talented people in one room with the ability to closely monitor every prospect. I'm worried that the quality will go down due to losing those 2 of our best men.
I'm not saying we're going to shit, but those bargain bin guys and late round picks were huge for this team and you've got to think that Dorsey's job wasn't too difficult bc he had a damn good evaluator at every region of the country.

Quesadilla Joe
07-11-2017, 11:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fakenews?src=hash">#fakenews</a> from Mike Florio? Shock! Has to be a mistake. Candidates knew Veach would get job. I don&#39;t blame them for not leaking interview. <a href="https://t.co/VrWAPyg1fR">https://t.co/VrWAPyg1fR</a></p>&mdash; Angry Scout 2 (@angryscout2) <a href="https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/884817242998935552">July 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Many times in the NFL the owner or GM doing the hiring knows who they will pick. Not always the case but KC was destined for Veach.</p>&mdash; Angry Scout 2 (@angryscout2) <a href="https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/884818602880364548">July 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Veach is a good scout and is Andy Reid&#39;s guy. In this league you need someone pushing or pulling you up and Veach had that in Reid.</p>&mdash; Angry Scout 2 (@angryscout2) <a href="https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/884818739245535233">July 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That is good for Veach. The Jets GM had that as well. Gettleman had it in Carolina. Often times it is about who you know and not what u know</p>&mdash; Angry Scout 2 (@angryscout2) <a href="https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/884818999757983748">July 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m not hating on Veach. It just comes down to who you know sometimes when there are 5 qualified people who want the job. It&#39;s a tiebreaker.</p>&mdash; Angry Scout 2 (@angryscout2) <a href="https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/884819195703291904">July 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
07-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Quit spamming fake twitter profiles Knowmo

staylor26
07-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Who the fuck is that?

New World Order
07-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Hey, we now know Knowmo's Twitter handle!

Quesadilla Joe
07-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Quit spamming fake twitter profiles Knowmo

That's not a fake twitter profile. Actual scouts/people in the scouting community have vouched for that twitter account and @AngryScout.

The Bad Guy
07-11-2017, 11:52 AM

Ballard is really the one who advocated for Hill and did the most work on him during the process. This was put out there last April after the draft.

SAUTO
07-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Just remember he was the only one who wanted Pioli to return among the Hunt Family.

I think this happened BECAUSE of the pioli situation.

I'm on the road but ill explain later

Titty Meat
07-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Ballard should have been the GM. Clark messed this up.

The Bad Guy
07-11-2017, 12:14 PM

Yes, absolutely.

If Clark had the slightest thought about not wanting to extend Dorsey back in January, he should have cut ties the day after the playoff loss and kept Ballard.

JakeF
07-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Yes, Hunt wanted to sign Reid to a new contract and Andy wouldn't agree to one unless Dorsey was fired. That's why the weird timing and letting Ballard go, the firing happening on the same day that Reid is signed, Reid's little buddy hired to replace Dorsey. JMO.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Yes, Hunt wanted to sign Reid to a new contract and Andy wouldn't agree to one unless Dorsey was fired. That's why the weird timing and letting Ballard go, the firing happening on the same day that Reid is signed, Reid's little buddy hired to replace Dorsey. JMO.

:facepalm:

Lex Luthor
07-11-2017, 12:29 PM

Or it's an example of people taking speculation far too seriously.

ct
07-11-2017, 12:34 PM

says the guy named PunkinDrublic

:D

TEX
07-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Yes, absolutely.

If Clark had the slightest thought about not wanting to extend Dorsey back in January, he should have cut ties the day after the playoff loss and kept Ballard.

This

staylor26
07-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Yes, absolutely.

100%

Hopefully Veach is good enough for us not to regret it.

BlackOp
07-11-2017, 12:41 PM

Dorsey forced the Maclin release by signing Logan...and didn't keep Reid in the financial/salary cap loop. It sounds like the release was delayed as long as possible then handled in a very awkward way...like he didnt know exactly how to break it to Andy/Hunt that they were out of $$. He would HAVE to know that would piss Reid off. Keeping Maclin at OTAs while knowing they couldn't afford him was strange...motivated potentially by not wanting to cut him during his wedding? My initial thought when I heard he was let go..was "that's a "dick" move, he could have been injured." Dorsey milked it as long as he could before the cap deadline.

One question is did Andy have no prior knowledge that Maclin was a potential cap casualty? Its a really bad look for Reid (from the player's perspective)...to be at his wedding and acting like everything is great...knowing he was about to be released. Gives the impression of being underhanded...and dishonest. Dorsey hung him out to dry...if that was the case.

It would explain the abrupt firing while already letting Ballard go. It wasn't a planned, premeditated thing..it's not the only reason he was fired but it was possibly the straw that broke it.

a previous article stated that Dorsey started doing things without consulting others...maybe because of how the real power structure tied his hands?

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Dorsey forced the Maclin release by signing Logan.

Nonsense.

penbrook
07-11-2017, 01:00 PM

Reid is the one who went down to Washington prior to draft day and talked to
him one in one

staylor26
07-11-2017, 01:04 PM
him one in one

Ballard did too IIRC

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 01:04 PM

From all of the reports, Clark was concerned about Dorsey and had a cold relationship with him for at least 2 years. But, since the Chiefs were winning and drafting well, he overlooked the situation.

After Ballard was hired by the Colts, it became glaringly evident that Dorsey was a mess. He was unorganized, not a good communicator and made baffling decisions on his own. After the Maclin debacle, he pulled the trigger and fired Dorsey.

I think the entire situation is a Catch-22. Clark obviously wasn't fond of Dorsey the person or his management style but the Chiefs have had the type of success that he and the fans have yearned for since the early 90's. I'm sure it was difficult to reconcile his dislike of Dorsey while simultaneously, the Chiefs were experiencing great success.

Reportedly, Clark was able to overlook those issues until Ballard left, which exposed the dysfunction. In many ways, it sounds as if Ballard was covering Dorsey's tracks, per se. I'm just happy that Veach wasn't hired by Buffalo, as the Chiefs might be in real trouble after losing their #1, #2 and #3 guy.

All that said, people have accused (myself included) Lamar Hunt from having a "Hands Off" policy, as evidenced by a 15 year playoff drought and the final 10 years of Carl Peterson's tenure. Now, the Chiefs have a more "Hands On" owner and it appears that Clark will continue, if not expand, his role in the organization.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 01:05 PM
him one in one

Ballard scouted the fuck out of him.

Who gives a shit about one interview?

Eleazar
07-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Yes, absolutely.

I agree totally. If Hunt had been planning to fire Dorsey back then, it makes no sense to let Ballard walk away for nothing. The contract situation coming up was no surprise, and Hunt is no fool. That's why the official story smells, and Reid being extended simultaneously also carries a similar fishy scent.

BlackOp
07-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Nonsense.

So the guaranteed 8 million for Logan didn't result in them being over the cap? OK. You cant just sign every FA with a flagrant disregard for its limits.

Where exactly were they expecting to make up this money?

I'm not saying a run stuffing DT wasn't a higher priority...but KC didnt have the $$$.

Maclin was cut to get under the cap....and Dorsey knew his contract allowed for it.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 01:10 PM
I agree totally. If Hunt had been planning to fire Dorsey back then, it makes no sense to let Ballard walk away for nothing. The contract situation coming up was no surprise, and Hunt is no fool. That's why the official story smells, and Reid being extended simultaneously also carries a similar fishy scent.

Obviously, he wasn't planning to fire him in January.

Duh.

And the contract situation wasn't "coming up", as Dorsey had another year on his deal. He could have remained under employ for the 2017 League Year and would have had plenty of time to discuss an extension with his agent.

Your rampant uninformed speculation is tiring.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 01:12 PM
So the guaranteed 8 million for Logan didn't result in them being over the cap? OK. You cant just sign every FA with a flagrant disregard for its limits.

Where exactly were they expecting to make up this money?

I'm not saying a run stuffing DT wasn't a higher priority...but KC didnt have the $$$.

JFC, he signed Eric Berry to a $13 million dollar per year deal as well. He cut Jaye Howard, which gave them cap relief, too.

Declining to sign Poe and signing Logan had absolutely nothing to do with Maclin's release, as Maclin stated that the Chiefs didn't even discuss renegotiating his contract.

BlackOp
07-11-2017, 01:23 PM
JFC, he signed Eric Berry to a $13 million dollar per year deal as well. He cut Jaye Howard, which gave them cap relief, too.

Declining to sign Poe and signing Logan had absolutely nothing to do with Maclin's release, as Maclin stated that the Chiefs didn't even discuss renegotiating his contract.

Word is Hunt signed Berry...and his hit is only $5 million this season.

Logan's 8 million had everything to due with being over the cap...he was the only expensive FA signed this year that wasn't already on the team.

They were already up against the cap without Poe...hence moving Berry's real money to 2018/2019 and releasing Howard..

Dorsey didn't want to move Maclin's money around...they are going to have cash problems next season too. He wasn't worth his contract and it offered an out with minimal long-term damage. It was the right move...handled poorly. If Maclin wasn't Reid's surrogate son...it wouldn't have been such a big deal. IMO.

booger
07-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Tim Terry is an interesting hire when they had the shake up in May. Obviously well known by Dorsey from working in GB. When Dorsey getting let go I wondered if Terry might have some regrets accepting with Dorsey being basically the only person he worked with before.

But Terry also started off in player development/engagement helping players deal with all sorts of things on and off field. Terry himself also has his masters, his being in management. So all of his education and roles in GB it's safe to assume he himself is a strong communicator fitting very well with Veach and possibly climbing the ladder quickly. Borgonzi I could see getting promoted. Only positions above his current one would be VP of player personnel, Director of Football operations ( Ballards last title in KC) or asst GM.

Still wouldn't be surprised to see a Tom Gamble or even Grigson type come in as the short term #2 or #3

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Word is Hunt signed Berry...and his hit is only $5 million this season.

Clark Hunt didn't "sign" Eric Berry. He reached out to him and made him comfortable, so that he'd sign.

Logan's 8 million had everything to due with being over the cap...he was the only expensive FA signed this year that wasn't already on the team.

Bullshit. This is complete and utter bullshit. Logan was signed on March 13th. If Dorsey felt that they weren't going to be Cap Compliant, he would have cut Maclin in March and given him a June 1 Designation.

They were already up against the cap without Poe...hence moving Berry's real money to 2018/2019 and releasing Howard.

No. Howard failed his physical, plain and simple. They weren't even sure he'd latch on with another team. Fortunately, the Bears signed him and the Chiefs received another $2.5 million in cap relief.

Dorsey didn't want to move Maclin's money around...they are going to have cash problems next season too. He wasn't worth his contract and it offered an out with minimal long-term damage. It was the right move...handled poorly. If Maclin wasn't Reid's surrogate son...it wouldn't have been such a big deal. IMO.

Again, no. Where the fuck are you getting this nonsense?

If the Chiefs intended to cut Maclin for salary cap space, they could have done so on the 1st Day of the new League Year.

There's absolutely NO WAY that Dorsey said to himself on March 13, "I'm going to sign Bennie Logan for $8 million, then next month, I'm going to cut Jaye Howard to gain $4-5 million more in cap space and on June 2nd, I'm cutting Maclin, take a Dead Money hit and create more Cap Space".

No way.

Also, the Chiefs are currently $11 million under the salary cap, so if Dorsey had approached Maclin and asked him to restructure to what he received in Baltimore ($6 million per), the Chiefs would STILL be $5 million under the cap.

Your "theory" is complete and utter rubbish.

King_Chief_Fan
07-11-2017, 02:11 PM
This promotion appears to be the handy work of Andy.

Andy is pulling the strings and this feels very similar to the last couple of years in Philly....When Andy and Brett where running the show and the team won only 6 six games back to back years.

Maybe they learned their lesson on not signing a bunch of free agents...I don't know. But, the eye for talent that Dorsey had will be hard to beat by anyone.

raybec 4
07-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Dorsey forced the Maclin release by signing Logan...and didn't keep Reid in the financial/salary cap loop. It sounds like the release was delayed as long as possible then handled in a very awkward way...like he didnt know exactly how to break it to Andy/Hunt that they were out of $$. He would HAVE to know that would piss Reid off. Keeping Maclin at OTAs while knowing they couldn't afford him was strange...motivated potentially by not wanting to cut him during his wedding? My initial thought when I heard he was let go..was "that's a "dick" move, he could have been injured." Dorsey milked it as long as he could before the cap deadline.

One question is did Andy have no prior knowledge that Maclin was a potential cap casualty? Its a really bad look for Reid (from the player's perspective)...to be at his wedding and acting like everything is great...knowing he was about to be released. Gives the impression of being underhanded...and dishonest. Dorsey hung him out to dry...if that was the case.

It would explain the abrupt firing while already letting Ballard go. It wasn't a planned, premeditated thing..it's not the only reason he was fired but it was possibly the straw that broke it.

a previous article stated that Dorsey started doing things without consulting others...maybe because of how the real power structure tied his hands?
Yeah man, that makes tons of sense that the Head Coach and the Owner had less knowledge of the Chiefs cap situation than we do on CP. Your theories are completely unpossible.

SAUTO
07-11-2017, 02:21 PM
him one in one

No. Reid and Ballard went to Oakland to meet him and his family, iirc

raybec 4
07-11-2017, 02:21 PM
I love how all the dudes with no more insight into the Chiefs front office than my fucking 4 year old grand daughter have all the answers-

This was a Reid power play

Dorsey scouted every draft pick personally

Dorsey didn't follow the dress code

Let's at least make up something good. Dorsey was running a white slavery ring and selling local teenage girls into sexual slavery from his office at 1 Arrowhead. He kidnapped Clark's daughter and Clark wanted to give him a three week head start before he went all Liam Neeson on his ass.

Eleazar
07-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Andy is pulling the strings and this feels very similar to the last couple of years in Philly....When Andy and Brett where running the show and the team won only 6 six games back to back years.

Maybe they learned their lesson on not signing a bunch of free agents...I don't know. But, the eye for talent that Dorsey had will be hard to beat by anyone.

Pretty much how I feel.

Hunt seems to be so in love with Reid that he has all but handed the reins over to him, by getting rid of a GM that may have been a moderating influence and installing one from Reid's 'tree' that seems certain to be weaker than Dorsey or to not really be Reid's peer.

In Philadelphia, Reid also got a GM partway through his run, in 2006, after he'd gone from a Super Bowl loss to 6-10. That GM was also one of Reid's people promoted from within. Heckert did not have the final say in player personnel, Reid still did, which is hopefully not what is developing in KC.

The Eagles had a losing record in the postseason thereafter in Reid's run and never really contended again, although it took 6 more years for them to clean house.

staylor26
07-11-2017, 03:53 PM

LMAO wtf?

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:07 PM
LMAO wtf?

he spent years as reid's assistant ...in philly...

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:10 PM
he spent years as reid's assistant ...in philly...

Yea but he said Brett and Reid were "running the show"

That is certainly not the case

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Yea but he said Brett and Reid were "running the show"

That is definitely not the case

dude you are seriously wanting to argue about stupid shit liek this all the time

reid was running the show in 2007

he made veach his assistant

so they were runnign shit...together

stop being a fuckign asshole for once stop just trying to argue every little semantic thing and proving what badass you are, you make yourself look like a fucking tool

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
dude you are seriously wanting to argue about stupid shit liek this all the time

reid was running the show in 2007

he made veach his assistant

so they were runnign shit...together

stop being a ****ign asshole for once stop just trying to argue every little semantic thing and proving what badass you are, you make yourself look like a ****ing tool

If you don't see the inaccuracy of that statement then you're a ****ing moron. Veach started his career in Philly as an assistant at the bottom of the latter. He was hardly running the show like this guy is making it sound.

The only person looking like a tool is you. Your argument yesterday was just as stupid and uninformed.

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
If you don't see the inaccuracy of that statement then you're a ****ing moron. Veach started his career in Philly as an assistant.

whose assistant was he you fucking cock smoker?

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:17 PM
whose assistant was he you ****ing cock smoker?

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

He said Brett was "running the show" with Reid.

That is simply not true.

He was at the bottom of the latter starting his career.

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:19 PM
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

He said Brett was "running the show" with Reid.

That is simply not true.

He was at the bottom of the latter.

wtf are you babbling about

Reid was runnign shit. Veach was his assistant.....THEY were running shit...do you know what THEY means...

the only bottom here is you, you bossy bottom

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Also you changed what he said to make yourself sound less like a piece of shit

he said Andy and Brett...not Brett and andy...and you tried to say he was just 'an assistant' instead of ANdy's assistant....so I mean for a pedantic salami smuggler who likes to nit pick the **** out of everyone you sure cut yourself a ton of slack

Deberg_1990
07-11-2017, 04:22 PM

I thought Dorsey was a 'Reid guy' from his Green Bay days? Andy was the guy who went out and recommended him to Hunt.

Why would he make a power play and screw him over?

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:23 PM
wtf are you babbling about

Reid was runnign shit. Veach was his assistant.....THEY were running shit...do you know what THEY means...

the only bottom here is you, you bossy bottom

When you're nothing but an assistant with very little say you aren't running anything at all.

Why the **** do you make simple shit so difficult? Are you ****ing retarded?

He said that as if Reid was the HC and Veach the GM. He wasn't even second or third in command in the personnel department. It's innacurate and deserving of being corrected. Shut the **** up.

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:27 PM
x

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Youre a ****ing imbecile they didnt have a GM in 2007 you dipshit

Reid was the HC & GM and Veach was his assistant you ****ing fool

stop running your ****ing cock holster and moving your drooling retard lips

JFC you really believe that Veach's role was essentially an assistant GM don't you?

His role was much smaller than you think you ****ing idiot.

booger
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
No. Reid and Ballard went to Oakland to meet him and his family, iirc

Ballard for sure was in Oakland and met his parents and other people close to MP. Reid very well may have made a trip out there too. Reid knew Sarkesian and the UW staff that recruited Marcus and knew Chris Peterson and the current UW staff that kicked MP off the team. Ballard has a knack for DBs. How players will fit in certain position groups and the coaches who would be coaching him. If there was attitude issues could that particular coach reach him and get the best out of him. Lovie Smith wanted him as GM for reasons like that cause he was with Ballard several years and knew those strengths of him being a good judge of character and whether or not a kid is the right fit for the people he would spend the most time with or whether to grade a guy saying he's too much risk to take unless it's late rounds or undrafted or even at all. Hopefully Veach Borgonzi and others took good notes

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
JFC you really believe that Veach's role was essentially an assistant GM don't you?

His role was much smaller than you think you ****ing idiot.

yes he had a tiny role.....

thats why reid has brought him over from the eagles and now he is GM

JFC

besides that isnt even the point

the point is you nitpicking a statement because of shit YOU read into it...that isnt even what he said.....you are just over reacting and being pedantic

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:35 PM
yes he had a tiny role.....

thats why reid has brought him over from the eagles and now he is GM

JFC

Yea he climbed the latter. Even here. Now he's "running the show" with Reid. He wasn't doing that in Philly.

Yet you think he was essentially second in command after Reid when he wasn't even close to that.

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Yea he climbed the latter. Even here. Now he's "running the show" with Reid. He wasn't doing that in Philly.

Yet you think he was second in command after Reid when he wasn't even close to that.

again, YOU keep changing what people are saying then arguing with it

no one said he was second in command....except you....

feel free to keep spewing menstrual juice over the phrase 'running the show' though and pretending like you know what Veach did from 2007-2010 so well you can throw a hissy fit over it

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Yea he climbed the latter.

its ****ign LADDER jesus christ...I dont even normally care about spelling but you have clearly used 'latter' multiple times and its annoying.

L A D D E R

say it slowly

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:43 PM
again, YOU keep changing what people are saying then arguing with it

no one said he was second in command....except you....

feel free to keep spewing menstrual juice over the phrase 'running the show' though and pretending like you know what Veach did from 2007-2010 so well you can throw a hissy fit over it

If you're going to say Reid was "running the show" with Brett you might as well name every single front office member and assistant coach to the list too. It was a ****ing stupid way to try to give Brett blame for their failures when his role simply doesn't justify it.

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:45 PM
its ****ign LADDER jesus christ...I dont even normally care about spelling but you have clearly used 'latter' multiple times and its annoying.

L A D D E R

say it slowly

You're right, I'm an idiot for that brain fart. I think it's because I'm stooping to your level and arguing about something that you're clearly wrong about again, and it's infuriating how stupid you can possibly be.

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:46 PM
If you're going to say Reid was "running the show" with Brett you might as well name every single front office member and assistant coach to the list too. It was a ****ing stupid way to try to give Brett blame for their failures when his role simply doesn't justify it.

i completely 100% disagree

Veach was Reid's assistant not some random special teams assistant another 'front office guy'

I mean look at where he is now, that should clue you in as to what Reid thinks of him

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:47 PM
You're right, I'm an idiot for that brain fart.

If it was just one toot I wouldnt have pointed it out but you kept sharting it out like you had some taco truck pulled pork that you left sitting out all night and ate for breakfast

staylor26
07-11-2017, 04:49 PM
i completely 100% disagree

Veach was Reid's assistant not some random special teams assistant another 'front office guy'

I mean look at where he is now, that should clue you in as to what Reid thinks of him

LMAO

He was much further down the list than you think man. He wasn't even particularly a personel guy. He was orginigally hired as an assistant coach and just kind of grew into that role. He had very little say in the big picture, and was basically in charge of special projects from the sounds of it.

Just like you thinking Sutton was a candidate as a future HC at 66 years old after already saying he wasn't himself, you're wrong again.

Ming the Merciless
07-11-2017, 04:56 PM
LMAO
Just like you thinking Sutton was a candidate as a future HC at 66 years old after already saying he wasn't himself, you're wrong again.

I didn't really say that....but youre just a dishonest person, and you have to use straw man style tactics to 'win' every conversation you have. I was just wondering out loud what would happen if he got offered big bucks to go somehwere else....be it HC or DC or whatever...I freely admit I don't know if he would take a nother job or not, and I will take your word for it that he wouldnt...But 66 isnt THAT old and money talks, that was my thought.....but hey you keep on picking those nits..and changing around what people say so you can 'win'....

What I actually said was Reid's real Powerhouse at philly was JJ, and thats similar to this situation with Reid and sutton....and yet you ignore my main point (that you actually agree with probably) and would like to argue about all kinds of other things....

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Clearly, you haven't read a single article pertaining to the firing of Dorsey.

Reid had absolutely nothing to do with it.

BlackOp
07-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Also, the Chiefs are currently $11 million under the salary cap, so if Dorsey had approached Maclin and asked him to restructure to what he received in Baltimore ($6 million per), the Chiefs would STILL be $5 million under the cap.

Your "theory" is complete and utter rubbish.

Your spin is equally full of shit.

Mahomes will still eat at least $4 million...and there is no guarantee that Maclin would have accepted a 40% pay cut... and even if he had there is no way KC (Dorsey) enters training camp with only 1 million of cap to maneuver. It's why they had Monday competing with Colquitt...until Dorsey got sacked. My guess he was on the ($5 million dollar punter) chopping block...

Your numbers are wishful math...Maclin took what he could get, on short notice, from the Ravens...it's an entirely different negotiation when you already have a contract and the HC is your 2nd father.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Your spin is equally full of shit.

Uh, no, you buttfucking moron. I didn't "spin" anything.

Mahomes will eat at least $4 million

So? That still leaves $7 million.

and there is no guarantee that Maclin would have accepted a 40% pay cut... and even if he had there is no way KC enters training camp with only 1 million of cap to maneuver.

First off, you're speculating. Maclin signed a 2 year deal for $6 million per year. Why wouldn't he have renegotiated with the Chiefs?

He stated implicitly that the Chiefs didn't even ASK him!

And furthermore, being $1 million over going into camp is no big deal. They're not making any big free agent signings and if anything, cutting Jah Reid saves $2.8 million, Demetrious Harris and Albert Wilson, neither of which are a lock to make the 53, would save another $3 million.

So right there, another $6 million in savings.

Your numbers are wishful math

The fuck are you talking about? I listed REAL NUMBERS, you fucking BOZO.

The Chiefs signed Eric Berry and Daniel Sorenson before they announced a deal with Logan.

Your stupid fucking theory about Logan "putting them over the cap" is complete and utter nonsense.

Chiefnj2
07-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Brett Veach is the best hire and best chance to salvage the asinine firing of Dorsey. Hunt wasn't going to fire Dorsey if he didn't have an in house guy to fill the position. It is pretty much universally agreed that it was Veach's job from the get go which is why some candidates refused to interview.

You can bet Andy had a good idea Dorsey wouldn't be around and that Veach would be the replacement.

Even if Andy didn't orchestrate the firing, he is a huge beneficiary in terms of power. Andy took Veach under his wing in Philly and was his mentor. He brought him to KC and helped his career. Veach isn't a GM at this young age without Andy. Veach must look up to Andy and I'm certain he still values Andy's views and opinions. He will likely defer to Andy at times.

If you are Hunt and have this alleged setup where GM and coach directly report to you, who do you decide in favor of when there is a difference of opinion ? The experienced head coach you just extended, or the first year pupil?

Andy plays the role of the friendly, aww shucks big guy, but he has come out on the winning side with more power with two different organizations, and it isn't by accident.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Mahomes will eat at least $4 million

Nope, wrong again.

According to Forbes, the #10 selection in the 2017 NFL draft will have a cap hit of $2.97 million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkay/2017/04/27/2017-nfl-draft-rookie-salary-projections-for-first-round-picks/#587e213a534c

Wanna try again?

jallmon
07-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Just speculation, but Clark and Dorsey may have been having troubles for quite some time. Maybe Clark (and the Hunt family) were thinking that they may have to get rid of Dorsey before long, and because of the conflicts didn't want a Dorsey friend (Chris Ballard) as the heir-apparent to the GM position.

Knowing Chris Ballard was seen as an up and coming GM candidate, the Hunts may well have let him go to clear the decks for getting rid of Dorsey. Now, once Dorsey leaves, the heir-apparent is Brett Veach, who is not a Dorsey person. We know Veach is a Reid person (see below). Additionally, Reid is explicitly kept out of the GM interview process, which is run by Clark and possibly Donovan.

Chris Ballard was a friend of Dorsey's before coming to KC:

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Andy-Reid-John-Dorsey-react-to-Colts%E2%80%99-hiring-of-Chris-Ballard-as-General-Manager/8f2fb94e-beeb-42d8-82e7-6294a893f69a

Brett Veach was hired by Andy Reid in 2004 as an intern with the Eagles.

www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/10/chiefs-general-manager-brett-veach-john-dorsey

As an aside, Mike Borgonzi was with the Chiefs since 2010, so he pre-dates both Reid and Dorsey here in KC and doesn't seem to have any prior connections to either one.

Again, this is just speculation, but it could explain the facts we are seeing.

HemiEd
07-11-2017, 06:26 PM
shocked I tell ya

BlackOp
07-11-2017, 06:28 PM
The **** are you talking about? I listed REAL NUMBERS, you ****ing BOZO.

The Chiefs signed Eric Berry and Daniel Sorenson before they announced a deal with Logan.

Your stupid ****ing theory about Logan "putting them over the cap" is complete and utter nonsense.

No..you said Berry was getting $13 million..numbnuts. He's getting $5 million. I know KC signed them first...which reinforces the fact he knew, in advance, Logan was going to cause cap issues down the road... and some player(s) were going to have to go. It's why Berry's first year is ridiculously cheap. Chiefs were strapped. They were at $3.5 prior to releasing him...and couldn't sign Mahomes (who still isn't signed).

Maclin was the logical choice as he underperformed, had the largest hit and Hill emerged. Cutting him saved around $10 million....and after signing Mahomes they will be at around $6 million....

Bottom line is Dorsey planned to get rid of Maclin (and his bloated salary) a while ago. He was shopping him this winter...the question is did Reid know about the cap situation/ Dorsey's plan?

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 06:59 PM
which reinforces the fact he knew, in advance, Logan was going to cause cap issues down the road.

Then it was a stupid signing and Dorsey deserved to be fired (although I don't agree with your assessment).

Maclin was the logical choice as he underperformed, had the largest hit and Hill emerged. Cutting him saved around $10 million

Cutting him saved about $9 million but costs them $2.4 million this year and $4.8 million next year.

I was a horrible, horrible decision. He should have asked to renegotiate, so that the dead money wouldn't have been so large.

....and after signing Mahomes they will be at around $6 million....

No. Didn't you read the link? Mahomes will count less than $3 million against the cap.

Bottom line is Dorsey planned to get rid of Maclin (and his bloated salary) a while ago. He was shopping him this winter...the question is did Reid know about the cap situation/ Dorsey's plan?

Who cares if Reid knew? Dorsey's the GM and made the decision. But it's how he made the decision that was the final straw for Clark Hunt.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 07:00 PM
shocked I tell ya

It's probably for the best.

Continuity and all that.

Plus, the league sees Veach as a rising star. Now, he just has to live up to those expectations.

JakeF
07-11-2017, 07:06 PM
I thought Dorsey was a 'Reid guy' from his Green Bay days? Andy was the guy who went out and recommended him to Hunt.

Why would he make a power play and screw him over?Maybe things didn't turn out the way that Reid expected with Dorsey. Plenty of buffer between Dorsey and Reid in Green Bay. Reid got Dorsey the job so maybe he expected Dorsey to do what he wanted when it came to the important stuff. Dorsey expected to have the power of a GM since he had the title of GM. Power clashes change things in a hurry even if people are friends. I can't believe people can look at the weird way this all shook out and claim there was nothing to it. It was all just one big coincidence and Reid was simply a bystander. It doesn't matter than Reid could have saved Dorsey's job by refusing to sign his new contract. Super friend Reid just kept his eyes down and fingers in his ears while his friend lost his job.

At the very least, Andy Reid was ok with the firing of his friend. Why did Reid suddenly not care that Dorsey was being fired? Reid had to be pissed at Dorsey for something or he would have saved Dorsey's job.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 07:24 PM
Maybe things didn't turn out the way that Reid expected with Dorsey.

More speculation that has been refuted time and time again by national and local writers.

Stop it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2017, 07:48 PM
a) Did NOT see that coming.

b) So exciting!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2017, 07:50 PM
a) Did NOT see that coming.

b) So exciting!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Then renounce your fandom, AGAIN, and go the fuck away.

No one would miss your stupid ass.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Then renounce your fandom, AGAIN, and go the fuck away.

No one would miss your stupid ass.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.

Aw honey, is your tampon giving you the toxic shock again? You should probably change that thing.

Buzz
07-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Give me Carl Peterson negotiating skills and the last few years of eye for talent, we could go some where. Remains to be seen on both accounts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Give me Carl Peterson negotiating skills and the last few years of eye for talent, we could go some where. Remains to be seen on both accounts.

It's all bullshit from the King Factory of Bullshit.

You'll get a nice little yes man MORE than willing to sign off on every dumbass move Reid can dream up, while Clark gets a genteel little feller who won't dare address him with such brash language as his replacement!

This team is owned and run by pussies so fucking pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.

SAUTO
07-11-2017, 08:25 PM
It's all bullshit from the King Factory of Bullshit.

You'll get a nice little yes man MORE than willing to sign off on every dumbass move Reid can dream up, while Clark gets a genteel little feller who won't dare address him with such brash language as his replacement!

This team is owned and run by pussies so fucking pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.
JFC you are making no sense.

Clark walked in and fucking fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?

HemiEd
07-11-2017, 08:26 PM
It's probably for the best.

Continuity and all that.

Plus, the league sees Veach as a rising star. Now, he just has to live up to those expectations.

Agreed, I was being facetious as the very first suggestion I saw in the big Dorsey thread suggested Veach.

I am all for continuity, it is how things work out long term from my experience.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2017, 08:27 PM
JFC you are making no sense.

Clark walked in and fucking fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?

He's a genteel little shitheel at best. I hate that entire fucking family, and wouldn't shed one fucking tear if they all fell over dead tomorrow.