PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How in the hell are there more-

cmdrzman
07-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Brady jerseys sold in MO than Berry, Peters, Houston etc?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFG9zgCXoAEpbm7.jpg

Romeo64
07-19-2017, 04:22 PM
How about Marshawn Lynch in Indiana and Iowa!:hmmm:

Rasputin
07-19-2017, 04:22 PM
I have not seen one person wear a Marshawn Lynch jersey in Kansas.

Amnorix
07-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Well, this is the NFLshop.com report, right? So whatever is sold in stores locally might not count. Might be only online orders. And since Brady jerseys, unlike Peters, etc., probably aren't hanging in every sporting goods store in the state...

:shrug: Just a guess. No clue to be honest.

Amnorix
07-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Or maybe the lack of a single Chiefs player who everyone buys the jersey of is diluting things. If the Chiefs jerseys sales are fairly equally split between 5 or whatever players, then the single guy who is most popular for a non-Chiefs team might squeak by them all separately, even if all of them together would trounce.

Finally, what is the timeframe? Is this 2017 sales only? In that case, the Chiefs season was over, and their fans weren't buying jerseys. Then Brady goes and wins the SB and confirms GOATness, so everyone who had been thinking about it, goes and gets a Brady jersey. By end of the year, however, Chiefs players will have sold a ton of their own jerseys and have reclaimed the lead.

In58men
07-19-2017, 04:28 PM
People really care about jersey sales? Who gives a fuck.

The Franchise
07-19-2017, 04:30 PM
There's a ton of bandwagon Patriots fans.

Coochie liquor
07-19-2017, 04:42 PM
There's a ton of bandwagon Patriots fans.

This x a million. When they were horrible for decades I didn't see any jerseys of their shit team. Just wait til CryBrady retires in 8 more years after 5 more titles and their team will be shit again and their fanbase will be reduced to 1/4 of what it is now!!

cmdrzman
07-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Well, this is the NFLshop.com report, right? So whatever is sold in stores locally might not count. Might be only online orders. And since Brady jerseys, unlike Peters, etc., probably aren't hanging in every sporting goods store in the state...

Yeah but Bradys been around for like 30 frekin years- How is it possible that dude is still leading in jersey sales?

BWillie
07-19-2017, 04:45 PM
I really, really dislike it when people for no rhyme or reason pick a team to follow. Sure, if you follow all Boston sports. Fine. But people who live in Blue Springs, fav football team Patriots, fav basketball team Lakers, fav baseball team Yankees, and then theyll intently follow Manchester United. Have a backbone for god sakes.

BWillie
07-19-2017, 04:47 PM
They may be from Missouri, but they identify as New Englanders.

Frazod
07-19-2017, 04:50 PM
The NFL and ESPN have successfully created a legion of bandwagon zombies.

Woohoo.

I'll bet 90% of these turds have Lebron James jerseys hanging right next to their Brady jerseys.

The Franchise
07-19-2017, 04:55 PM
I really, really dislike it when people for no rhyme or reason pick a team to follow. Sure, if you follow all Boston sports. Fine. But people who live in Blue Springs, fav football team Patriots, fav basketball team Lakers, fav baseball team Yankees, and then theyll intently follow Manchester United. Have a backbone for god sakes.

Is it ok if you're a kid? I'm not from KC.....but I'm a Chiefs fan.

Best22
07-19-2017, 04:55 PM
Or maybe the lack of a single Chiefs player who everyone buys the jersey of is diluting things. If the Chiefs jerseys sales are fairly equally split between 5 or whatever players, then the single guy who is most popular for a non-Chiefs team might squeak by them all separately, even if all of them together would trounce.

Finally, what is the timeframe? Is this 2017 sales only? In that case, the Chiefs season was over, and their fans weren't buying jerseys. Then Brady goes and wins the SB and confirms GOATness, so everyone who had been thinking about it, goes and gets a Brady jersey. By end of the year, however, Chiefs players will have sold a ton of their own jerseys and have reclaimed the lead.

No way there are more Marshawn jerseys in Kansas than there are Bery jerseys. Just no way. I'm guessing these are just jersey orders

pugsnotdrugs19
07-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Bandwagon/casual fans are dime a dozen.

Being emotionally invested, especially with a franchise such as the Chiefs, can be terrible sometimes. But when they are good and they win, there are few things more enjoyable.

TribalElder
07-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Kansas should hang their heads in shame

mdstu
07-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Marshawn Lynch jerseys are just flying off the rack in Indiana. While Andrew Luck jerseys collect dust.

CoMoChief
07-19-2017, 05:14 PM

I'd say this.

But even still...weird to think there would be that many ppl in MO to buy a Brady jersey.

fuckin women

Rain Man
07-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Has Greg Olsen ever set foot in Ohio?

ThaVirus
07-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Is it ok if you're a kid? I'm not from KC.....but I'm a Chiefs fan.

Of course.

I was a Raider fan when I was 4 years old because I liked their colors.

Coochie liquor
07-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Who the hell is Adam Thielen

Rain Man
07-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Who the hell is Adam Thielen

You clearly don't live in North Dakota.

Frazod
07-19-2017, 06:01 PM
You clearly don't live in North Dakota.

Does anyone?

Rain Man
07-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Does anyone?

Very few who appreciate the ferocity of the ermine, I know that much.

Rain Man
07-19-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm still puzzling over this Greg Olsen thing. The guy's from New Jersey, went to college in Florida, and has played professionally for Carolina and Chicago. My only theories are:

1. Erroneous analysis by whoever put the map together.
2. Mary Kate and Ashley cult with a large presence in Columbus.
3. It serves as some sort of disturbing rest area signal to others.

RealSNR
07-19-2017, 06:21 PM
That has got to be a fake.

There is NO WAY there are more Adam Thielen jerseys than Carson Wentz jerseys in North Dakota.

Everybody and their fucking mother has a Carson Wentz jersey up here.

BlackHelicopters
07-19-2017, 06:24 PM
This deserves its own thread.

RealSNR
07-19-2017, 06:26 PM

This is the most logical explanation.

It's gotta be this. It's got to.

Why the fuck would people in Florida buy more TOTAL Tom Brady jerseys? This has got to be through NFL shop.

Flying High D
07-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Loved the band wagoners in the 80's. One year a 49er jacket, than a Bear jersey, than a Giant coat.

mr. tegu
07-19-2017, 07:14 PM
These are May sales only and just based on nflshop.com.

I believe this article has the exact same picture as well and explains it further. Lynch was actually the number one overall seller in May.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-marshawn-lynch-has-officially-gone-beast-mode-in-nfl-jersey-sales/

cmdrzman
07-19-2017, 07:15 PM

Why the **** would people in Florida buy more TOTAL Tom Brady jerseys? This has got to be through NFL shop.

Ever been to florida?

Those people think a 3rd and 2 is a full count-

I once attended a game in Tampa and those Bucs fans were standing up yelling chants when the Bucs had the ball

RippedmyFlesh
07-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Not everyone buys authentic gear. I don't even live in kc but I know walking around you would see more berry jerseys than brady.

Eleazar
07-19-2017, 07:42 PM
St. Louis.

ChiefsCountry
07-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Brady would be a good jersey to own since he is the GOAT.

Bowser
07-19-2017, 08:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y-PTbxY1_rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TambaBerry
07-19-2017, 09:13 PM
The NFL and ESPN have successfully created a legion of bandwagon zombies.

Woohoo.

I'll bet 90% of these turds have Lebron James jerseys hanging right next to their Brady jerseys.

That James Jersey has been pushed to the back for his new Curry Jersey

Frazod
07-19-2017, 09:33 PM
That James Jersey has been pushed to the back for his new Curry Jersey

Some of them might even have an old James Heat jersey, but that's probably pushed to the back next to the Manning Colts jersey.

Best22
07-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Marshawn Lynch still sells more jerseys in Washington and Oregon than guys like Russell Wilson and Sherman?

Ok

NWTF
07-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Marshawn Lynch still sells more jerseys in Washington and Oregon than guys like Russell Wilson and Sherman?

Ok

The only way for Lynch to even be up there in sales like this is for it to be 2017 jerseys sold. I dont get the hype with him, but its possible. Maybe even some of the most bandwagon Seahawk fans purchased Lynch Raider jerseys so they could have a Lynch jersey in good colors. Seahawks unis suck IMO.

mr. tegu
07-19-2017, 09:52 PM
These are May sales only and just based on nflshop.com.

I believe this article has the exact same picture as well and explains it further. Lynch was actually the number one overall seller in May.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-marshawn-lynch-has-officially-gone-beast-mode-in-nfl-jersey-sales/

NJChiefsFan
07-20-2017, 01:31 AM

I grew up in NJ. My reasons for being a Chiefs fan are that the fans wore a lot of red, got loud, and had some cool players like Thomas and Allen.

When you are a kid if you aren't making a decision because of location or bandwagon, then their probably won't be much rhyme or reason.

Rausch
07-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Kansas should hang their heads in shame

I don't get that one at all...

Amnorix
07-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Yeah but Bradys been around for like 30 frekin years- How is it possible that dude is still leading in jersey sales?

There was a huge spike in Brady jersey sales resulting from the Deflategate nonsense. Then winning the SB again after that. Patriots fans viewed it as MAJOR redemption.

Amnorix
07-20-2017, 07:10 AM

Agreed. My brother in law is a good guy, but same thing. Grew up in NYC, but he's a Yankees, Lakers, former Dolphins but now Patriots fan. WTF? I don't understand that at all.

Amnorix
07-20-2017, 07:13 AM

Why the fuck would people in Florida buy more TOTAL Tom Brady jerseys? This has got to be through NFL shop.

Well, 3 teams in Florida could be hugely splitting the home state advantage.

And you probably have NO IDEA how many transplanted New Englanders there are in Florida. Tons of people either relocate or at least winter down there.

New World Order
07-20-2017, 07:19 AM
There was a huge spike in Brady jersey sales resulting from the Deflategate nonsense. Then winning the SB again after that. Patriots fans viewed it as MAJOR redemption.

Just think of what the sales could have been after the whole Aaron Hernandez thing.

loochy
07-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Agreed. My brother in law is a good guy, but same thing. Grew up in NYC, but he's a Yankees, Lakers, former Dolphins but now Patriots fan. WTF? I don't understand that at all.

...sounds like a front runner douche.

Dayze
07-20-2017, 07:38 AM
guy here grew up and lives in Harrisonville, is a die hard Royals fan, and a die hard Raider fan. Like, dresses up like it's halloween and goes to games etc.

I don't get it.

I'm a Bama fan, but mainly because i started watching Bama games with my roommate in the Navy who was from Tuscaloosa, and I hadn't followed college football at all up to that point. DuBose was the HC back then...i think.

Best22
07-20-2017, 08:02 AM
There are more Faider fans in Indiana than Colt fans

AP logic

mikeyis4dcats.
07-20-2017, 08:09 AM
i think the data is flawed in respect to the most popular jersey in a location. Most Chiefs fans in MO are going to buy locally rather than on NFL.com. You'd buy on NFL.com if you can find it locally.

Amnorix
07-20-2017, 08:17 AM
...sounds like a front runner douche.

He's genuinely a good guy, but his sports team allegiances other than the Yankees are "flexible", which I can't relate to at all.

ptlyon
07-20-2017, 08:49 AM
He's genuinely a good guy, but his sports team allegiances other than the Yankees are "flexible", which I can't relate to at all.

Which makes him a douche

Shaid
07-20-2017, 09:57 AM

I'm guessing this is accurate. I'd also wonder if it's lifetime sales or just the past year, etc. I also have a bunch of jersey's that I got online but I didn't get any of them from NFLShop.com. There are less expensive options out there.

redfan
07-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Well, TB is a very popular player and the current SB champ. That bandwagon is yuge.

Indian Chief
07-20-2017, 12:31 PM
I grew up in NJ. My reasons for being a Chiefs fan are that the fans wore a lot of red, got loud, and had some cool players like Thomas and Allen.

When you are a kid if you aren't making a decision because of location or bandwagon, then their probably won't be much rhyme or reason.

I'm from NJ as well, born and raised. I think most people get their sports allegiances from their parents or family in general. My father really isn't into major sports at all. He's more of a hunting and fishing guy. So I had no team rooting legacy handed down to me. My first real football memory is the 49ers destroying the Broncos in the Super Bowl and I was in awe of Joe Montana. When he went to the Chiefs I decided that I liked watching him versus the 49ers and I have been a Chiefs fan since.

Also, re: OP, I find places like Louisiana more surprising than MO. The Saints have a legit franchise QB, future Hall of Famer, and seemingly good guy that helps the community down there in Drew Brees.

Dave Lane
07-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Brady is the GOAT.

mdchiefsfan
07-20-2017, 08:18 PM

Go repetitiously, and feverishly, fuck yourself! :D I'm a Chiefs, Orioles, and Mavericks fan. Why? None of your fucking business, but there are several links attaching me to each of them. The key is maintaining fandoms once committed, and let me tell you: I have seen some dark times with those teams!

BWillie
07-21-2017, 03:46 AM

I used to like Syracuse and Michigan basketball when I was a kid. I liked the Dodgers. I really just liked how the names sounded. I made my dad get me a hat, much to his chagrin. Then when I was about 10 years old I realized how big of an asshole I was and stuck with the locale and one area.

BWillie
07-21-2017, 03:49 AM
Go repetitiously, and feverishly, **** yourself! :D I'm a Chiefs, Orioles, and Mavericks fan. Why? None of your ****ing business, but there are several links attaching me to each of them. The key is maintaining fandoms once committed, and let me tell you: I have seen some dark times with those teams!

Holy shit that is fucking stupid. You should be ashamed of yourself. My lord.