PDA

View Full Version : News Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

In58men
07-20-2017, 12:33 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

My favorite band growing up, love Linkin' Park

C3HIEF3S
07-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Holy shit.

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2017, 12:35 PM
I guess, in the end, it really didn't matter..

Reerun_KC
07-20-2017, 12:36 PM
6 Kids ....

eDave
07-20-2017, 12:36 PM
:(

Chiefspants
07-20-2017, 12:41 PM
There are no words.

Indian Chief
I might be wrong, but I would swear he sung at Chris Cornell's funeral.

DaneMcCloud
He committed suicide on the day of one his best friend's birthday: Chris Cornell.

PunkinDrublic
07-20-2017, 12:42 PM
There are few bands I hate more than Linken Park but yeah this sucks.

Eleazar
07-20-2017, 12:47 PM
My favorite band growing up

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HicsLOMZm2o/TQogICSr6PI/AAAAAAAAABo/b6LJZSwTNp8/s1600/incredulous+baby.jpg

The Franchise
07-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Fuck man. I used to love Linkin Park. RIP.

eDave
07-20-2017, 12:49 PM
He committed suicide on the day of one his best friend's birthday: Chris Cornell.

Oh wow.

Came here again to see if you had posted, BTW. Thanks.

Bowser
07-20-2017, 12:53 PM

Jesus

DJ's left nut
07-20-2017, 12:58 PM

How strange would it be to live the last several weeks/months of your life with your suicide date circled on a calendar?

You know the timing wasn't mere coincidence. And with his well publicized struggles with depression, this seems extremely unlikely to be a spur of the moment decision.

Guy was always something of a tortured soul; it's really not that surprising. But man, I just can't fathom planning it out and then going about your life until one day your alarm clock goes off and you're like "well, better go get the rope..."

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2017, 01:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lNEG5qaflnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Wtf.....

Strongside
07-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Terrible.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 01:06 PM
6 Kids ....

What an asshole

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Never was a Linkin Park guy, but shocking none the less. RIP.

eDave
07-20-2017, 01:07 PM
He sang Halleluja at Cornell's funeral:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s71v3dQ9m8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
07-20-2017, 01:07 PM
What an asshole

If depression wants you, it will take you. Wife, kids or not.

TLO
07-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Damn. That's just awful. Suicide is never the answer. :(

oaklandhater
07-20-2017, 01:19 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.
Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.
Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.
The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

oaklandhater
07-20-2017, 01:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kXYiU_JCYtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP :(

TLO
07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
This is a hard Q - but it's still very sad. :(

MTG#10
07-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Crazy. Never was a huge LP fan but he had a hell of a voice.

Rain Man
07-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Wait a minute. When was O.J. released?

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 01:24 PM

While true, still an asshole move.

When Chris Cornell died i posted something i had read regarding suicide that really put shit into perspective.

When you take your life you're ruining every one else's.

oaklandhater
07-20-2017, 01:24 PM

sorry did a search on linkin park my bad for repost

and yeah sucks

scho63
07-20-2017, 01:25 PM
You are one dumb fuck!

Giant Q and the other thread near the top of page 1 for nearly two hours.

KCUnited
07-20-2017, 01:25 PM
RIP Chad Pennington

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Horrible loss. Hopefully, others with depression will seek help.

JakeF
07-20-2017, 01:27 PM
That sucks. :(

In58men
07-20-2017, 01:31 PM
You are one dumb ****!

Giant Q and the other thread near the top of page 1 for nearly two hours.

Oh my fucking god no way!!!!!

scho63
07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Most people don't know or realize how booze really compounds the effects of depression. Many of the guys drink heavily when the shouldn't drink at all. Very sad indeed.

scho63
07-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Oh my fucking god no way!!!!!

Not you, oaklandhater. The man who answers everyone of his own posts.

Black Bob
07-20-2017, 01:37 PM
If you are a parent, you lose the right to kill yourself. Fuck this guy. What a piece of shit.

LoneWolf
07-20-2017, 01:42 PM
If you are a parent, you lose the right to kill yourself. Fuck this guy. What a piece of shit.

Says the guy who has never suffered from clinical depression.

penguinz
07-20-2017, 01:43 PM

Go fuck yourself. I am sincerely mean that.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
07-20-2017, 01:47 PM
I guess, in the end, it really didn't matter..

A little early, but :clap:

Tribal Warfare
07-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Not surprising, LP's whole persona was about drug abuse and killing yourself/suicide

BWillie
07-20-2017, 01:54 PM
6 Kids ....

Probably why he did it.

eDave
07-20-2017, 01:56 PM

When Chris Cornell died i posted something i had read regarding suicide that really put shit into perspective.

Depression gives no fucks about that man.

Buehler445
07-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Sad. RIP. Prayers for the family.

DJ's left nut
07-20-2017, 02:03 PM
I actually went and saw Linkin Park play at the Pageant in 2003. It was maybe a month before Meteora was released so most of their big hits hadn't come out yet. 'One Step Closer' was their closest thing to a true smash.

I don't remember the whole playlist but I remember them playing new stuff that ended up coming out shortly after on Meteora and the one song that stuck out clear as a bell was "Somewhere I Belong". I was friggen floored. It was an amazing performance and completely out of left field. I bought the CD when it was released and played the hell out of it (Numb is the best song from the album, IMO).

That's the first concert I really remember attending, or at least that I remember clear moments from. And that's the moment that stands out from all the rest. We were in the pit and that song just blew everyone away. They played Faint later (also from Meteora and hadn't been released yet) and the roof came off that place. Just incredible energy.

I'll always have a soft spot for Linkin Park even if they pretty much had wrapped up their run by now. And while I respect the hell out of Chester's talent - surely this seemed all but inevitable to people that have ever read about him or listened to his interviews. That man was broken individual and truth be told, fought his demons off longer than I thought he would.

It's a bummer but it's one of those things where I'm more selfishly disappointed than anything. Chester hasn't wanted to be here for a very long time...

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2017, 02:04 PM
I actually went and saw Linkin Park play at the Pageant in 2003. It was maybe a month before Meteora came out so most of their big hits hadn't come out yet. 'One Step Closer' was their closest thing to a true smash.

I don't remember the whole playlist but I remember them playing new stuff that ended up coming out shortly after on Meteora and the one song that stuck out clear as a bell was "Somewhere I Belong". I was friggen floored.

That's the first concert I really remember attending, or at least that I remember clear moments from. And that's the moment that stands out from all the rest. We were in the pit and that song just blew everyone away. They played Faint later (also from Meteora and hadn't been released yet) and the roof came off that place. Just incredible energy.

I'll always have a soft spot for Linkin Park even if they pretty much had wrapped up their run by now. And while I respect the hell out of Chester's talent - surely this seemed all but inevitable to people that have ever read about him or listened to his interviews. That man was broken individual and truth be told, fought his demons off longer than I thought he would.

It's a bummer but it's one of those things where I'm more selfishly disappointed than anything. Chester hasn't wanted to be here for a very long time...

Give them credit for progressing from one style to another from each album release when they could have fucked that angsty nu-metal sound from Hybrid Theory to death a la Nickelback.

ThaVirus
07-20-2017, 02:05 PM
I truly can't say I understand mental illnesses and for that I'm probably pretty fortunate. I couldn't imagine a darkness so strong that I felt the only way out was to take my life. I feel like I'd at least try to move away and start fresh long before it ever came to that.

RIP to that dude and, more importantly, I hope his family can pull through this.

DJ's left nut
07-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Yup, found it - Linkin Park and Korn. I was more excited to see Korn, truth be told. But Linkin Park stole that show and it wasn't close.

March 18th at the Pageant, Meteora came out on March 25, so exactly a week later. Honestly, that's kinda cool. I didn't remember them being quite that close together, I just remember them playing some stuff that was awesome at that concert and by the end of the spring semester they were everywhere.

The Franchise
07-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Yup, found it - Linkin Park and Korn. I was more excited to see Korn, truth be told. But Linkin Park stole that show and it wasn't close.

March 18th at the Pageant, Meteora came out on March 25, so exactly a week later. Honestly, that's kinda cool. I didn't remember them being quite that close together, I just remember them playing some stuff that was awesome at that concert and by the end of the spring semester they were everywhere.

Hybrid Theory was in my cars CD player forever. I used to listen to it daily.....multiple times a day. Still one of my favorite CDs.

PunkinDrublic
07-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Looks like a spot just opened up for STPs new lead singer.

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Bought tickets to Papa Roach, due to Hed PE and Linkin Park being the opening acts (I hated Papa Roach). Hed PE killed it and Linkin Park no-showed due to blowing up (this was immediately after Hybrid Theory release). I was not thrilled, but understood; I wouldn't open for f'ing Papa Roach either.

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Bought tickets to Papa Roach, due to Hed PE and Linkin Park being the opening acts (I hated Papa Roach). Hed PE killed it and Linkin Park no-showed due to blowing up (this was immediately after Hybrid Theory release). I was not thrilled, but understood; I wouldn't open for f'ing Papa Roach either.

Memorial Hall in November or October 2000?

DaneMcCloud
07-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Looks like a spot just opened up for STPs new lead singer.

He left STP in 2015.

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Memorial Hall in November or October 2000?Yup. I still have the stubs somewhere.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 02:42 PM

Bullshit

Milllions of parents suffer from depression, and don't kill themselves

blake5676
07-20-2017, 02:48 PM

I was at that same show! Fell right during spring break at Mizzou so I shot to STL for that before heading back to KC. Actually saw a handful of good shows at the pageant. Back in late 90's and early 00's, not many bands out-performed Korn's live show/energy...but LP wrecked that night.

WhawhaWhat
07-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Bullshit

And?

In58men
07-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Still one of the best concerts I've been to.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170720/15e7dae3ee73b9fdc8d9979f75c2106b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeF
07-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Bullshit

Is there a list somewhere that is giving you such intensely personal information about millions of people?

Stewie
07-20-2017, 03:40 PM
He should have been taking Prozac or Xanax. Those prescribed miracles that cure "depression" for 50,000,000+ US citizens really do the trick. Whew! If he only knew where to get drugs.

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 03:41 PM
He should have been taking Prozac or Xanax. Those prescribed miracles that cure "depression" for 50,000,000+ US citizens really do the trick. Whew! If he only knew where to get drugs.

The only thing Prozac does is make your dick limp.

dirk digler
07-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Fuck. One of my favorite bands and saw them live several times.

RIP Chester

lewdog
07-20-2017, 03:58 PM

Then it was a terribly written article you read with no one who understands Clinical depression.

Clinical depression doesn't allow you to see how your death would impact others. You are so incapable of that and rationalizing your own death due to your own pain.

I still don't understand how people seem to think that someone thinking of suicide would be as rationale about their death as those who aren't suffering from depression? That's like me expecting you to understand what fighting cancer is when you've never had cancer.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Bullshit

There aren't varying level of depression? Jesus, you need educated.

That's like me thinking you're full on Down's syndrome when in fact you're only mildly retarded.

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2017, 04:06 PM

That's like me thinking you're full on Down's syndrome when in fact you're only mildly retarded.i don't know about retarded, but he certainly appears to lack capacity for empathy.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 04:22 PM

That's like me thinking you're full on Down's syndrome when in fact you're only mildly retarded.

Virtue-signaling retard^^^^

Sure-Oz
07-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Awful news...love LP and been a fan since they started. Really sad for his family and friends. Wonder if the band splits now. Drugs and Alcohol combined with depression is the worst. Dude was always fun at concerts smiling and happy. Gonna be missed....great voice.

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Bullshit

Ever case of depression is different. Some are far worse than others.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 04:31 PM

And? eDaves specific comment I disputed was "if it wants you it'll get you". As if we humans have zero control over our decisions, esp the most drastic of them.

KCUnited
07-20-2017, 04:33 PM

Just like being on the spectrum.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 04:36 PM
And? eDaves specific comment I disputed was "if it wants you it'll get you". As if we humans have zero control over our decisions, esp the most drastic of them.

Some of these people HAVE tried options, made decisions/changes and still feel empty.

They are then left with, in their opinion, only one option (suicide).

This is simply an elementary type of comprehension task. I'd love to know your educational background? It's clearly lacking in this thread.

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Then it was a terribly written article you read with no one who understands Clinical depression.

Clinical depression doesn't allow you to see how your death would impact others. You are so incapable of that and rationalizing your own death due to your own pain.

I still don't understand how people seem to think that someone thinking of suicide would be as rationale about their death as those who aren't suffering from depression? That's like me expecting you to understand what fighting cancer is when you've never had cancer.

The piece was well written, actually. And yes, i understand what you're saying completely.

I should notate the article put shit into perspective for ME.

The pain that my son and wife would endure if i killed myself simply isn't worth ANY amount of pain that i may be going through. For me at least, that's the bottom line. I'd rather suffer a thousand times over than to put my child through that sort of pain.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 04:40 PM
The piece was well written, actually. And yes, i understand what you're saying completely.

The pain that my son and wife would endure if i killed myself simply isn't worth ANY amount of pain that i may be going through. For me at least, that's the bottom line. I'd rather suffer a thousand times over than to put my child through that sort of pain.

You're over-valuing the long term consequences of suicide. Short term, yes I agree.

Want the honest truth about suicide and your loved ones?

People always ask, "how could they do that to their families?"

Do their families and loved ones grieve? Of course.
Do they struggle for a while to pick up the pieces? Of course.
Do they for the most part continue on with their lives in face of your death? Absolutely.

We've all lost loved ones to accidents, car crashes, cancer and even suicide. And what do people associated with these people, even their young children, do with their lives? They continue on. That's the reality. We've all done it to some degree. And the children I knew growing up who lost parents to suicide went on to be great parents themselves.

Eleazar
07-20-2017, 04:43 PM

Do they for the most part continue on with their lives in face of your death? Absolutely.

We've all lost loved ones to accidents, car crashes, cancer and even suicide. And what do people associated with these people, even their young children, do with their lives? They continue on. That's the reality. We've all done it to some degree. And the children I knew growing up who lost parents to suicide went on the many times be great parents themselves.

Continue on with gaping holes in their heart that will never heal.

It causes carnage in the survivors' lives and minds forever unlike anything else.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 04:45 PM
There you have it: the "Lewdog speaks from personal experience" argument. A true debate ender. Settles it for me, really - Lewdog knew some people somewhere sometime that (in his mind) overcame tragedy.

I'm good now.

Demonpenz
depression is like having the the thr flu and running over your own dog all day everyday. Everyone says there is an answer but you run out of answers and money eventually.

KCUnited

Until your depression convinces you their lives are better off without you, especially if you're mixing in drugs.

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 04:46 PM

We've all lost loved ones to accidents, car crashes, cancer and even suicide. And what do people associated with these people, even their young children, do with their lives? They continue on. That's the reality.

Exactly... People who know him best probably understand and know he was thinking about it anyway. Just listen to his music almost every song is about fighting his demons and how one day he probably won't make it.

Prison Bitch is a judging a**hole who thinks that depression can be taken away by taking some magic pill. What a joke.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 04:48 PM
There you have it: the "Lewdog speaks from personal experience" argument. A true debate ender. Settles it for me, really - Lewdog knew some people somewhere sometime that (in his mind) overcame tragedy.

I'm good now.

My father worked with the mentally ill (yes this includes clinical depression since you clearly don't understand that) for 35 years. Depression, schizophrenia and every form of mental illness you can image. State hospitals, determining if people could be rehabilitated in the community or were too much of a danger to themselves or others. Including people who were off their medications and killed people.

So thanks, this isn't just from personal experience. I've done plenty of reading on the subject and first hand experience helps.

mr. tegu
07-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Many people with suicidal tendencies feel that their families and loved ones will be better off without them due to their own deep seeded feelings of worthlessness.

Also, those who are bipolar can be very dangerous to themselves during the manic episodes. In those moments if suicide is something they think about they can end up hurting themselves just due to the impulsivity.

scho63
07-20-2017, 04:50 PM
This thread is so depressing I'm thinking of ki..........................

lewdog
07-20-2017, 04:51 PM
This thread is so depressing I'm thinking of ki..........................

Bucket list first, then............

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Continue on with gaping holes in their heart that will never heal.

It causes carnage in the survivors' lives and minds forever unlike anything else.

This.

To quote Marilyn Manson, the heart never heals or forgives. It just forgets.

SAUTO
07-20-2017, 04:58 PM
You're over-valuing the long term consequences of suicide. Short term, yes I agree.

We've all lost loved ones to accidents, car crashes, cancer and even suicide. And what do people associated with these people, even their young children, do with their lives? They continue on. That's the reality. We've all done it to some degree. And the children I knew growing up who lost parents to suicide went on to be great parents themselves.

I don't think you get it.

Dying in an accident is different than killing yourself.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 05:08 PM
My father worked with the mentally ill (yes this includes clinical depression since you clearly don't understand that) for 35 years. Depression, schizophrenia and every form of mental illness you can image. State hospitals, determining if people could be rehabilitated in the community or were too much of a danger to themselves or others. Including people who were off their medications and killed people.

So thanks, this isn't just from personal experience. I've done plenty of reading on the subject and first hand experience helps.

Ok. It's clear now You have zero clue what my point was.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 05:09 PM
I don't think you get it.

Dying in an accident is different than killing yourself.

Sure it is.

But be honest, would your children continue on with their lives? Or would they themselves just stop living? It can be sad and you can grieve, but most people don't just stop living. That's the honest truth for most people. Doesn't make the act any less sad though.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 05:10 PM

What was your point?

Making it seem like you've never suffered tragedy. Yea, I got that one.

It's hard to decipher someone who clearly can't convey an empathetic thought towards any discussion.

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Many people with suicidal tendencies feel that their families and loved ones will be better off without them due to their own deep seeded feelings of worthlessness.

Sure, i felt that way as a runaway teenager. I know the feeling that you describe. I spent most of my childhood and some of my early adult hood depressed.

I was hospitalized for it when i was 15. I was on Prozac form 15-17.

I've lived with it for so long that i do everything i can do not fall into that self-destructive, woe is me trap. I can now recognize when i'm depressed or falling into a depression and i refuse to let it happen.

Some people can recognize it and have to will to not allow themselves to sink deeper into it.

Some people are far more self destructive. They feel down and so they turn to drugs or booze, which sinks them further. They start playing that sobby music.....making themselves feel worse yet again.

It takes a strong mind to cope with it and adjust. Some people simply never develop the ability to do so. Instead, they wallow in it until it consumes them.

Been there, done that. Fuck that. Not anymore.

ModSocks
07-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Sure it is.

But be honest, would your children continue on with their lives? Or would they themselves just stop living? It can be sad and you can grieve, but most people don't just stop living. That's the honest truth for most people. Doesn't make the act any less sad though.

And for some they never get over it. They turn to drugs or booze to cope, which only further sends them down the "woe is me" wormhole. It's a compounding effect. The idea that i could expose my child to that mindset it enough reason for me to not let it happen.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 05:14 PM
And for some they never get over it. They turn to drugs or booze to cope, which only further sends them down the "woe is me" wormhole. It's a compounding effect. The idea that i could expose my child to that mindset it enough reason for me to not let it happen.

I do believe the opioid epidemic is definitely related to the rise in suicide numbers. Mix in drugs with an already imbalanced brain and you've got serious issues.

mr. tegu
07-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Sure, i felt that way as a runaway teenager. I know the feeling that you describe. I spent most of my childhood and some of my early adult hood depressed.

I was hospitalized for it when i was 15. I was on Prozac form 15-17.

I've lived with it for so long that i do everything i can do not fall into that self-destructive, woe is me trap. I can now recognize when i'm depressed or falling into a depression and i refuse to let it happen.

Some people can recognize it and have to will to not allow themselves to sink deeper into it.

Some people are far more self destructive. They feel down and so they turn to drugs or booze, which sinks them further. They start playing that sobby music.....making themselves feel worse yet again.

It takes a strong mind to cope with it and adjust. Some people simply never develop the ability to do so. Instead, they wallow in it until it consumes them.

Been there, done that. Fuck that. Not anymore.Yes, people can get help and overcome depression to the point of functioning and being happy, or at least better able to cope with the symptoms. It isn't something that is unbeatable, but it's definitely not easy. It takes effort and help, but that isn't always something that happens, unfortunately, due to personal avoidance of it, not recognizing how bad their symptoms are, just not getting the encouragement, or a variety of other reasons.

For people with depression and suicidal tendencies, building up their self esteem and worthfullness is one of the first steps. You can then at least try to mitigate the immediate danger and work on the other symptoms and issues. I am guessing this person wasn't getting adequate help lately.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 05:38 PM
Say what you want about religion but I'm still here because I was scared to face the man.

Faith saved my life years ago.

He has made his existence known to me on more than one occasion, so it wasn't a what if type of deal.

You take your life, you are going to answer for it.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
What was your point?

Making it seem like you've never suffered tragedy. Yea, I got that one.

It's hard to decipher someone who clearly can't convey an empathetic thought towards any discussion.

Yep. As I thought.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2017, 05:40 PM
He tried so hard...

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Say what you want about religion but I'm still here because I was scared to face the man.

He has made his existence known to me on more than one occasion, so it wasn't a what if type of deal.

Absolutely. I think the Catholic Church's teaching on mortal sins has saved many many lives.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Absolutely. I think the Catholic Church's teaching on mortal sins has saved many many lives.

I'm not Catholic, but I get your point.

TribalElder
07-20-2017, 05:46 PM
The last album wasn't that bad

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm not Catholic, but I get your point.

Me neither

New World Order
07-20-2017, 06:08 PM

I think that's why Jesus warned so much about Hell.

It was encouragement for the troubled to stick it out and keep going.

Life isn't forever; we all drop dead eventually.

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 06:19 PM
hzNRl6emK90

stevieray
07-20-2017, 06:20 PM

Yes sir.

....it's not natural for man to harm himself.

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 06:35 PM

You can talk all the BS you want but you were not in Chester shoes.

He was molested as a kid... Were you? If you weren't I don't think you can relate to the depression he might have felt man. So don't be so quick to judge...

He probably couldn't get over it and just wanted the pain to end...

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Yes sir.

....it's not natural for man to harm himself.

Have you ever seen me drink as a 20-ish year old? Yeah.. guess not. :p

Dude had enough, then check out. REALLY sucks and is selfish as all ****, if you have family, kids, etc... but I know I'm not here to judge this. If there is a higher power that cruelly sentences someone for this choice? How wonderful could that higher power really be, then? :hmmm:

CoMoChief
07-20-2017, 06:51 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder563/500x/65763563/eddie-vedder-hey-i-ohhehh-im-still-alive.jpg

HemiEd
07-20-2017, 07:11 PM
That sucks! Did he have some dirt on the Clintons?

Eleazar
07-20-2017, 07:13 PM

You aren't the only one who's been there.

Chiefshrink
07-20-2017, 07:30 PM

There is only one unforgivable sin. By the time you die if you never have truly accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, than this is the one unforgivable sin. Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life and no man comes unto the Father but through Jesus himself. Jesus didn't say "a way" or "some way" or "a truth" or "some truth" or "a life" or "some life" as if there are other spiritual options to heaven apart from Jesus.

Many millions if not billions "think" they "know" Jesus but in reality only "know about" Jesus never truly making Him their personal Lord and Savior while they still live for "self" and buying the lie from Hell that they are good enough and will be their own lawyer on judgement day and then God will just let them in on their own merits apart from Jesus because they think they are good enough.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In Romans 3:23-24 it say's

23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

Either God sees Jesus truly living in your heart at the time of death thus making you perfect and holy in the eyes of God or it is hello to Hades. Jesus was and is the only perfect holy sacrifice that God will accept. God will not accept you apart from Christ on your own merits because God cannot be in the presence of sin and when you present yourself apart from Christ you are sin that he must reject.

However, when your heart is sincere and truly repentant and you have realized your need for a Savior making Jesus Lord of your life asking Him to come into your life then it is Jesus that God will see living in your heart that will make you acceptable to the Father. Many, many people sit in church pews of every denomination of Christianity who "think" they "know" Jesus and are saved and "think" they are genuine Christians but in reality are really not. Many can live a life that mimicks Christian values and ideals but doesn't mean they have given their heart thus their life over to Jesus. Here are some sobering words from Jesus(who is God) in Matt 7:13-14- telling us that the majority of people will end up in Hell. Not my words but Jesus's words. Pay particular attention to the bold.

Matt 7:13-14 -The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Suicide is forgivable. Let's just hope that Chris and Chester really "knew Jesus" as opposed to just "knew about" Jesus.

And what about you ? You relying on your own merits "thinking" you are a good enough dude "thinking" you really "know Jesus" but in reality only really "know about" Jesus?

New World Order
07-20-2017, 07:38 PM
I think it depends CS.

There's a difference between someone that's had depression for many years vs. someone who snaps one day and offs themself.

I think the former would be a rejection of salvation

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Salvation knows no specific rules. There are far too many variables involved.. and NO higher power would overlook a single one of them, when determining the future of a single soul.

:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
07-20-2017, 08:05 PM
I think it depends CS.

There's a difference between someone that's had depression for many years vs. someone who snaps one day and offs themself.

I think the former would be a rejection of salvation

Salvation knows no specific rules. There are far too many variables involved.. and NO higher power would overlook a single one of them, when determining the future of a single soul.

:rolleyes:

I will respectfully disagree with both of you. Whether impulsive or planned, suicide IS forgivable IF they really "knew Jesus". There is no sin that is unforgivable except the rejection of Christ at the end of your life. Salvation DOES have a specific rule and this is Jesus truly living in the heart of each individual at the time of death.

Sandy you are correct that there are many variables as God say's in I Samuel 16:6 -

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

But there again the Lord is looking at the heart to see who lives and rules in the heart of man.Is it man ruling himself or has he allowed Jesus to rule his heart ?:shrug:

stevieray
07-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Salvation knows no specific rules.

....please be more specific.

and to your earlier response, the closer relationship you have with Christ, the propensity to take your life significantly diminishes. We call it suicide, but it's self murder.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 08:15 PM
and this alone will be the part I point to, CS.

"but the Lord looks at the heart.”

So hand me a thought to a hypothetical. Man named Joe. Lives a boring, considerate life. Never focused a bit on religion or matters out of sight. Cares about things around him.

Wife of 40 years... two children.. all slaughtered to death by an intruding killer.

Joe has no one and nothing else in this world that matters anywhere near what they did. Joe gets really sad, and puts a bullet through the roof of his mouth a week later.

You going to tell me or anyone else that a higher power won't take him in?

stevieray
07-20-2017, 08:19 PM

So hand me a thought to a hypothetical. Man named Joe. Lives a boring, considerate life. Never focused a bit on religion or matters out of sight. Cares about things around him.

Wife of 40 years... two children.. all slaughtered to death by an intruding killer.

Joe has no one and nothing else in this world that matters anywhere near what they did. Joe gets really sad, and puts a bullet through the roof of his mouth a week later.

"....pick up your cross, and follow me."

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 08:22 PM
"....pick up your cross, and follow me."

not in the mood for interpretation... spit it out. Say. what. you. mean.

AssEaterChief
07-20-2017, 08:23 PM
did this really have to devolve into a religious thread?

RIP Chester....not even a fan but it's sad to see some assholes who didn't even know you calling you selfish and saying you are going to hell...

mdchiefsfan
07-20-2017, 08:24 PM

This is the problem. Studying social psychology we really honed into suicide, and how it, on the surface, appears to be a selfish motivation. Generally speaking, and in most cases, you'll find that it is, in fact, the surrounding environment and their inabilities to support or care for the ones they love that drive a person to these choices.

The world is less without that man present. RIP.

stevieray
07-20-2017, 08:25 PM

Those are Christ's words.

We all have crosses to bear. There are a tremendous amount of people out there who endure extreme physical and emotional pain, yet their faith is strong.

It boils down to hope, or the lack thereof.

PHOG
07-20-2017, 08:28 PM
RIP

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Those are Christ's words.

We all have crosses to bear. There are a tremendous amount of people out there who endure extreme physical and emotional pain, yet their faith is strong.

It boils down to hope, or the lack thereof.

In THIS hypothetical's case... THIS man did not really regard religion.

Yet you suggest to me that he is shit outta luck?

I'll wait for clarification, before I tell you to seriously give far more thought to your position on this.

Prison Bitch
07-20-2017, 08:38 PM
did this really have to devolve into a religious thread?

RIP Chester....not even a fan but it's sad to see some assholes who didn't even know you calling you selfish and saying you are going to hell...

Lotta people said that about Fred Phelps.

Maybe folks who didn't know him shouldn't judge him. Eh?

Pablo
07-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Chester had a molester. Well that's unfortunate.

Sucks he offed himself. Guess he lived a pretty interesting life before at least.

stevieray
07-20-2017, 08:41 PM
In THIS hypothetical's case... THIS man did not really regard religion.

Yet you suggest to me that he is shit outta luck?

I'll wait for clarification, before I tell you to seriously give far more thought to your position on this.

God is not religion.

...if he heard the Word and was in opposition...he's not unique. or alone.

TLO
07-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Go **** yourself. I am sincerely mean that.

You seem nice

Pablo
07-20-2017, 08:58 PM
Korn was mentioned a few times earlier in this thread. I'm pretty surprised Jon Davis hasn't offed himself yet. That has to be coming at some point.

lewdog
07-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Korn was mentioned a few times earlier in this thread. I'm pretty surprised Jon Davis hasn't offed himself yet. That has to be coming at some point.

Maybe his belief in God is over-riding his depression?

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 09:03 PM

Im sure Eddie Veder is next.

Pablo
07-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Im sure Eddie Veder is next.

Shut your whore mouth with that shit.

Pablo
07-20-2017, 09:07 PM

I actually looked him up after I made that comment. Seems he has adjusted some.

http://loudwire.com/korn-jonathan-davis-depression-anxiety/

eDave
07-20-2017, 09:09 PM

It did for Head.

eDave
07-20-2017, 09:10 PM
I actually looked him up after I made that comment. Seems he has adjusted some.

http://loudwire.com/korn-jonathan-davis-depression-anxiety/

I've always felt his music helped him a lot. Pretty angry stuff early on. Like scream therapy.

Three7s
07-20-2017, 09:18 PM
What that verse means is that we denounce ourselves and what we want for what God's will is for us.

Picking up your cross means dying to the flesh like Jesus did and living the way He wants you to live and doing what He wants you to do.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:19 PM
God is not religion.

...if he heard the Word and was in opposition...he's not unique. or alone.

so, you are refusing to simply answer and discuss anything directly concerning this... our.. particular discussion.

Now why might this be?

The only reason I can see for this.. is bizarre trouble with what was a simple line of discussion.. or that you don't want to actually explain how poor Joe is condemned to nothingness or hell.

thegame214
07-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Every description of God that I’ve heard holds God to be all powerful, and all good. I look around and I see a tsunami kill a quarter-million in Indonesia or an earthquake kill a quarter-million people in Haiti. I do not see evidence of both of those being true simultaneously. If there is a God, he is either not all powerful or not all good. He can’t be BOTH. Let's ignore the slavery and the treatment of women and killing off all homosexuals but believe that this "man in the sky" loves us ROFL

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:22 PM

I would say that there is a very good chance, depending on who Joe was, that he could be turned away.
I'm not going to tell you that for sure because I don't know. Nobody does.
I really get rubbed the wrong way by a lot of religious people who act like they do.
I truly believe that The Man may have changed his stance on a lot of things after 2000 moreyears of watching us fuck up.
He's done it before.
The first time, he wiped us out.
The 2nd time, realizing we are a bunch of heathens, he offered us a path to forgiveness.
So it's not unprecedented that he might do that.

I also think it's very possible that, knowing how stupid and filthy we are, he made damnation as scary as possible to keep our dicks in our pants and our guns out of our mouths.

I have been under God's umbrella of grace, and so deep in the abyss that the light could not even be seen.
Lived with people as pure and Holy as a human can be, and slept on floors with people that will no doubt feel the true terror of eternal damnation.

I have strong opinion on a lot of these topics and live in an area where 95% of people you encounter will roll their eyes the very second you mention of any of this.
I was raised to believe that those people are going to burn in hell.
Through all of this, combined with everything I have studied and learned, and there is nothing I have delved deeper into, I have formed the opinion that the God I know will not just "damn" someone because they were raised to believe something different than me, or without Faith at all for that matter.

It's Easy for me. It's not even "Faith" for me anymore. I was raised to slightlyunderstand and recognize the Lord. I give him a nod when I feel his Grace and he usually gives me confirmation.
BUT who am I to say that if I was raised without that, that I wouldn't have blown my head off all those years ago....I'm betting I would have.

Anyway, back to my point.
Some people are going to be sent Hell.
And they will share it with the worst of the worst......AND those who willingly aided the Luciferian agenda, and BELIEVE ME, there are shit ton more of these people than you would ever imagine.

For everyone else, we will be judged, but just because we are turned away from Heaven, does that necessarily mean instant Capital Panishment.
I believe there is either a void, or some kind of purgatory.
I have to to be able to rationalize what happens good people, Peaceful Muslims, and other excellent humans when they face judgement.
I believe you can be one with the universe or existence and have no shot at Heaven yet still be susceptible to offers to join Lucifer in his quest to overthrow God..

That is, maybe, until God changes his mind..
None of us know shit about how he really feels about us RIGHT NOW.

Ok, sorry for the TLDR.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:23 PM
What that verse means is that we denounce ourselves and what we want for what God's will is for us.

Picking up your cross means dying to the flesh like Jesus did and living the way He wants you to live and doing what He wants you to do.

- so we are not allowed to have a preference to what happens for our.. soul? We must denounce our preference.. because it's important to give that over?

- so we must live an extremely specifically defined way or suffer the fate of eternal condemnation?

How dies that affect... Joe?

Pablo
07-20-2017, 09:26 PM
You guys are trying to get a perfectly good suicide thread moved to DC aren't you?

Tribal Warfare
07-20-2017, 09:26 PM
Shut your whore mouth with that shit.

Scott Stamp is next IMO.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Let's ignore the slavery and the treatment of women and killing off all homosexuals but believe that this "man in the sky" loves us ROFL

My suggestion is to be careful of the trash you let influence you.

I believe in an all powerful blah blah blah entity that will accept most. Much of the rest is interpreted horse-shit.

I believe loves us, but can only put up with so much of our failures (with things that really matter) before he turns his back.

.. and I don't need a bunch of twisted text to form this line of thought. It's inside.

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Scott Stamp is next IMO.

He gets emotional when it comes to me.. what can i say..

I tend to bring out the best in people.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Every description of God that I’ve heard holds God to be all powerful, and all good. I look around and I see a tsunami kill a quarter-million in Indonesia or an earthquake kill a quarter-million people in Haiti. I do not see evidence of both of those being true simultaneously. If there is a God, he is either not all powerful or not all good. He can’t be BOTH. Let's ignore the slavery and the treatment of women and killing off all homosexuals but believe that this "man in the sky" loves us ROFL

Mankind is Evil as fuck, bro..God makes that clear as the blue sky.

As for Natural disasters....I, in no way, believe that God interferes with how this is all playing out. God doesn't create or prevent Natural disasters.

EVERYBODY DIES....EVERYBODY. 25 years, 100 years...it's all over in the blink of an eye.

thegame214
07-20-2017, 09:30 PM
I would say that there is a very good chance, depending on who Joe was, that he could be turned away.
I'm not going to tell you that for sure because I don't know. Nobody does.
I really get rubbed the wrong way by a lot of religious people who act like they do.
I truly believe that The Man may have changed his stance on a lot of things after 2000 moreyears of watching us **** up.
He's done it before.
The first time, he wiped us out.
The 2nd time, realizing we are a bunch of heathens, he offered us a path to forgiveness.
So it's not unprecedented that he might do that.

I also think it's very possible that, knowing how stupid and filthy we are, he made damnation as scary as possible to keep our dicks in our pants and our guns out of our mouths.

I have been under God's umbrella of grace, and so deep in the abyss that the light could not even be seen.
Lived with people as pure and Holy as a human can be, and slept on floors with people that will no doubt feel the true terror of eternal damnation.

I have strong opinion on a lot of these topics and live in an area where 95% of people you encounter will roll their eyes the very second you mention of any of this.
I was raised to believe that those people are going to burn in hell.
Through all of this, combined with everything I have studied and learned, and there is nothing I have delved deeper into, I have formed the opinion that the God I know will not just "damn" someone because they were raised to believe something different than me, or without Faith at all for that matter.

It's Easy for me. It's not even "Faith" for me anymore. I was raised to slightlyunderstand and recognize the Lord. I give him a nod when I feel his Grace and he usually gives me confirmation.
BUT who am I to say that if I was raised without that, that I wouldn't have blown my head off all those years ago....I'm betting I would have.

Anyway, back to my point.
Some people are going to be sent Hell.
And they will share it with the worst of the worst......AND those who willingly aided the Luciferian agenda, and BELIEVE ME, there are shit ton more of these people than you would ever imagine.

For everyone else, we will be judged, but just because we are turned away from Heaven, does that necessarily mean instant Capital Panishment.
I believe there is either a void, or some kind of purgatory.
I have to to be able to rationalize what happens good people, Peaceful Muslims, and other excellent humans when they face judgement.
I believe you can be one with the universe or existence and have no shot at Heaven yet still be susceptible to offers to join Lucifer in his quest to overthrow God..

That is, maybe, until God changes his mind..
None of us know shit about how he really feels about us RIGHT NOW.

Ok, sorry for the TLDR.

I know how God feels and he said go to bed you're drunk lol But not as drunk as the people writing that Jesus was born from a virgin (like every other religion), saw burning bushes, walked on water, resurrected from the dead.... lol this magic man you all believe in is really sad and I really feel terrible for people spending their whole life only to find out there isn't a gold mansion waiting for you lol listen to yourselves ROFL

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:31 PM

Ok, sorry for the TLDR.

Nah that's cool. All opinions are at least taking in. :)

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:31 PM
My suggestion is to be careful of the trash you let influence you.

I believe in an all powerful blah blah blah entity that will accept most. Much of the rest is interpreted horse-shit.

I believe loves us, but can only put up with so much of our failures (with things that really matter) before he turns his back.

.. and I don't need a bunch of twisted text to form this line of thought. It's inside.

All I can really say to this is...Amen.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Mankind is Evil as ****, bro..God makes that clear as the blue sky.

Kind of.. oh I dunno.. lumping us all in together there?

ROFL

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:34 PM
I know how God feels and he said go to bed you're drunk lol But not as drunk as the people writing that Jesus was born from a virgin (like every other religion), saw burning bushes, walked on water, resurrected from the dead.... lol this magic man you all believe in is really sad and I really feel terrible for people spending their whole life only to find out there isn't a gold mansion waiting for you lol listen to yourselves ROFL

Gold mansion..LOL..I always thought that was silly, too.

I don't really know how God is going to deal with you and the Dave Lane's of the world, though.

PAChiefsGuy
07-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Can we stop with the religious bs?

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Kind of.. oh I dunno.. lumping us all in together there?

ROFL

As a whole.....

Surely you can't dispute this...

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Can we stop with the religious bs?

Are we missing out on mourning or something??

Please tell me what is being buried by a topic that absolutely is related, in many ways, to a man taking his own life.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:38 PM
As a whole.....

There is NO whole. No ****ing way. Individuals. That is what we are. Some of us are worthy and decent.. and some are absolute trash that a higher power will and should flush.

Bearcat
07-20-2017, 09:38 PM

Well, there's free will... there is some truth to this though that some people don't seem to understand. A natural disaster hits, kills hundreds or whatever, then someone posts on facebook, "Just got a call from my sister and everyone is okay! God is good! Praise Jesus!"

I mean, come on....

thegame214
07-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Gold mansion..LOL..I always thought that was silly, too.

I don't really know how God is going to deal with you and the Dave Lane's of the world, though.

God would "deal" with me the same way he will deal with you, and by that I mean he won't because there's nothing to deal with lol Having improper thoughts is a sin yet I hope Alex Smith breaks his leg lol Homosexuals are going to hell, yet that is until they get the "gay" beat out of them. Make sure you keep bringing your checkbooks to church though, this stuff ain't cheap.

Pablo
07-20-2017, 09:42 PM
As a whole.....

That's a fucked perspective to bring at life. Everyone is inherently evil. Not even close. Believe what you like but I think that's straight horse shit.

Three7s
07-20-2017, 09:45 PM
- so we are not allowed to have a preference to what happens for our.. soul? We must denounce our preference.. because it's important to give that over?

- so we must live an extremely specifically defined way or suffer the fate of eternal condemnation?

A good example would be, let's say that you're very wealthy and cherish that wealth more than anything. An example would be to give up the rich lifestyle and live a life more frugal. Not depending on your money to take care of everything you need, but Jesus as your provider instead.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:45 PM
There is NO whole. No ****ing way. Individuals. That is what we are. Some of us are worthy and decent.. and some are absolute trash that a higher power will and should flush.

Mankind, AS A WHOLE, have slaughtered and enslaved each other for 1000's of years.

A soldier whose government sends him to slaughter other people may be good inside and in his heart he is doing the right thing, but is part of a whole that is motivated by greed, and is doing straight evil..(speaking in generalities not specifics)

Also, in the bible, Evil is synonymous with sin.
And Sin is an extremely broad brush.

RunKC
07-20-2017, 09:46 PM

As with all sins. It's not a deal breaker though

thegame214
07-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Well, there's free will... there is some truth to this though that some people don't seem to understand. A natural disaster hits, kills hundreds or whatever, then someone posts on facebook, "Just got a call from my sister and everyone is okay! God is good! Praise Jesus!"

I mean, come on....

It's because those countries didn't "have God in their lives" lol that's why it hit them of course, because whether good or bad we just fill in the blanks with "Well that's what God wanted..." we are better than that and not that uneducated, but then again reading some of these posts maybe not lol

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Mankind, AS A WHOLE, have slaughtered and enslaved each other for 1000's of years.

A soldier whose government sends him to slaughter other people may be good inside and in his heart he is doing the right thing, but is part of a whole that is motivated by greed, and is doing straight evil..(speaking in generalities not specifics)

Also, in the bible, Evil is synonymous with sin.
And Sin is an extremely broad brush.

Sure. You speak of variables. Not for me or you to ultimately judge.

Seems clear even through your words. INDIVIDUAL. NOT WHOLE

I nor can you be condemned or ex halted via others. We are our own selves.. and will not be lumped in together as worthy or not.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:51 PM
A good example would be, let's say that you're very wealthy and cherish that wealth more than anything. An example would be to give up the rich lifestyle and live a life more frugal. Not depending on your money to take care of everything you need, but Jesus as your provider instead.

THAT'S a good example????? money? and whether u throw it all away to be.. frugal.

?????

I am forced to believe that is being fascitious.

thegame214
07-20-2017, 09:51 PM
American soldier kills foreigner overseas = forgivable because "we are gods country"

Foreigner kills American soldier= going to hell

God is a lie and you wouldn't get so heated if you didn't know there's truth to it.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:52 PM
That's a ****ed perspective to bring at life. Everyone is inherently evil. Not even close. Believe what you like but I think that's straight horse shit.

Like I said..It's a very broad brush when talking in terms of sin.

That said, War, slavery, torture, rape murder. These are the works of Man.

Individuals are mostly good. Mankind, as a whole??
Evil as a motherfucker...
If you can't look at history and see that....well, it must be nice.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:54 PM
American soldier kills foreigner overseas = forgivable because "we are gods country"

God is a lie and you wouldn't get so heated if you didn't know there's truth to it.

If you would read my posts, you would know that I don't believe a single word of what you just posted, and only a brainwashed moron would.

Three7s
07-20-2017, 09:55 PM
THAT'S a good example????? money? and whether u throw it all away to be.. frugal.

?????

I am forced to believe that is being fascitious.
Who said you had to agree with it? You asked for an example and I gave it to you.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 09:56 PM

Counter

God is indeed real.. and you try to push an opinion on a forum that he is not.. to reinforce your opinion. :shrug:

I personally do not GAF if you believe or not. Belief is an INDIVIDUAL thing.

Best of luck.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 09:57 PM
It's because those countries didn't "have God in their lives" lol that's why it hit them of course, because whether good or bad we just fill in the blanks with "Well that's what God wanted..." we are better than that and not that uneducated, but then again reading some of these posts maybe not lol

Who the **** EVER said this??

You tell them I said they are ****ing retarded..

You never heard that BS and you know it.
Be careful about Bearing False Witness shit for brains.

You been listening to Westborrow baptist church radio or some shit.

Sandy Vagina
Who said you had to agree with it? You asked for an example and I gave it to you.

Fair enough. Did not mean to ruffle. I didn't at all agree with your... example.

RunKC

Real educated christians don't believe this

New World Order
07-20-2017, 09:58 PM
I will respectfully disagree with both of you. Whether impulsive or planned, suicide IS forgivable IF they really "knew Jesus". There is no sin that is unforgivable except the rejection of Christ at the end of your life. Salvation DOES have a specific rule and this is Jesus truly living in the heart of each individual at the time of death.

Sandy you are correct that there are many variables as God say's in I Samuel 16:6 -

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

But there again the Lord is looking at the heart to see who lives and rules in the heart of man.Is it man ruling himself or has he allowed Jesus to rule his heart ?:shrug:

I think we can lose our salvation if we put our life in our hands:

Matthew 24:13- Those that persevere to the end will be saved.

John 15:5-6“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned

Galatians 6:7-9 A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Fair enough. Did not mean to ruffle. I didn't at all agree with your... example.

Can't say I do either, but who am I to judge?

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:03 PM

Matthew 24:13- Those that persevere until the end will be saved.

John 15:5-6“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned

Galatians 6:7-9 A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up

I've been grilling Holy men about the "once saved always saved" ideology for years have gotten absolutely nowhere..

Three7s
07-20-2017, 10:09 PM
You'd be surprised. After Jesus was crucified, people were willing to die for their faith. People can do that, but can't give up an idolatrous lifestyle?

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 10:09 PM

yeah, who are any of us?

I have no problem with many views on this. Mainly because I stick with TO EACH HIS OWN. In life, live how you want. Be the person you want. It's only after that.. oh hell yes.. you WILL be judged then.

.. but at the same time, if you are rotten inside.. and have to fight yourself to not act on the awful.. even succeed,,, just maybe a higher power says GFY all the same. :)

What I don't believe is.. we are all the same. We are definitively not. I know this. I have interrogated people that were unimaginably terrible. I know that I am not them. They will burn... and if there is a caring higher power.. I surely will not. Not even for appreciating a certain 2006-2017 quarterback! :D

New World Order
07-20-2017, 10:13 PM

It's more about trusting that God has your best interests. His plan for your life is always better.

GloryDayz
07-20-2017, 10:14 PM
This TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:27 PM
You'd be surprised. After Jesus was crucified, people were willing to die for their faith. People can do that, but can't give up an idolatrous lifestyle?

Being wealthy doesn't necessarily mean you are worshiping money or any other idol.

And being altruistic doesn't necessarily make you righteous.

I don't remember God having a problem with Solomon's wealth.
He had a problem with all of his Sins.
Being wealthy wasn't one of them.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 10:28 PM
It's more about trusting that God has your best interests. His plan for your life is always better.

Best interests, sure.. I'll buy that. Plan? meh. That, I believe, is up to us. Throw us in there... hope the best.. decide after the rest whether we are.. his kinda person. (worthy or no)

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:29 PM

That's what I call the Umbrella of Grace.

It's a good feeling when you know he's leading you and watching over..
It's scary when you know he's not....and it's your own fault.

New World Order
07-20-2017, 10:31 PM
Best interests, sure.. I'll buy that. Plan? meh. That, I believe, is up to us. Throw us in there... hope the best.. decide after the rest whether we are.. his kinda person. (worthy or no)

Your main purpose for living is to know Him. He wants to be involved with pretty much everything you do in your life. His plan for you is just for you.

From Jeremiah: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Guidance is part of it.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:31 PM

I think people confuse "his plan"

I don't think it's making life choices like where to live or career paths or what not.
I think it's just living the way he wants you to..According to his plan.

Three7s
07-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Being wealthy doesn't necessarily mean you are worshiping money or any other idol.

And being altruistic doesn't necessarily make you righteous.

I don't remember God having a problem with Solomon's wealth.
He had a problem with all of his Sins.
Being wealthy wasn't one of them.
Exactly, which is why I made it clear that it was an example. Some people have things that can become idols in life easily, but doesn't necessarily mean it is. It depends on the heart. I just figured money would be the most relatable.

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Guidance from Him is part of it.

Life was so much easier when he was lighting the path...or I was following it...I don't know....*sigh*

Trying to get back on it...It's not easy after you've gotten really lost..

beach tribe
07-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Exactly, which is why I made it clear that it was an example. Some people have things that can become idols in life easily, but doesn't necessarily mean it is. It depends on the heart. I just figured money would be the most relatable.

Makes Sense...Thanks.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Why do you think he created you?>

Your main purpose for living is to know Him. He wants to be involved with pretty much everything you do in your life.

Guidance from Him is part of it.

sounds like words,,, just ripped and misinterpreted. but not done for ill purposes.

If he wanted to really be involved, he'd extend his hand and introduce himself and intentions.

As is, he has released us "into the wild", and sits back to decide whether we are truly worth something. Always doing the right thing is, in his eyes, not the right thing... if done just to appease.

Spend your whole life trying to live up to some ideal of.. what you imagine.. for someone else? No. Live your life. Be who you really are. THAT is what will be.. ultimately judged.

IMHO

Chiefshrink
07-20-2017, 10:44 PM

Are you speaking of losing our salvation as genuine saved Christians ? If so I would definitely disagree with you. Once genuinely saved always saved. But if you are speaking about non-Christians losing their soul to hell because they chose to live for themselves rather than Christ, then yes they lose their own "opportunity for salvation" by serving themselves.

New World Order
07-20-2017, 10:45 PM
sounds like words,,, just ripped and misinterpreted. but not done for ill purposes.

If he wanted to really be involved, he'd extend his hand and introduce himself and intentions.

As is, he has released us "into the wild", and sits back to decide whether we are truly worth something. Always doing the right thing is, in his eyes, not the right thing... if done just to appease.

Spend your whole life trying to live up to some ideal of.. what you imagine.. for someone else? No. Live your life. Be who you really are. THAT is what will be.. ultimately judged.

IMHO

He does want to be involved. But he's never going to impose, Sandy.

New World Order
07-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Are you speaking of losing our salvation as genuine saved Christians ? If so I would definitely disagree with you. Once genuinely saved always saved. But if you are speaking about non-Christians losing their soul to hell because they chose to live for themselves rather than Christ, then yes they lose their own "opportunity for salvation" by serving themselves.

Yes.

Christians falling away.

New World Order
07-20-2017, 10:48 PM
That's what I call the Umbrella of Grace.

It's a good feeling when you know he's leading you and watching over..
It's scary when you know he's not....and it's your own fault.

I like that term.

Life is so much easier when you're under his direction.

stevieray
07-20-2017, 10:49 PM
so, you are refusing to simply answer and discuss anything directly concerning this... our.. particular discussion.

Now why might this be?

The only reason I can see for this.. is bizarre trouble with what was a simple line of discussion.. or that you don't want to actually explain how poor Joe is condemned to nothingness or hell.

I would be glad to, if i havent already. Odd that you would ask, considering you have some preconceived notion.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 10:51 PM
He does want to be involved. But he's never going to impose, Sandy.

Create you. Create everything around you that you have ever known.

Lets you figure things out.

So,.. I agree there is a point of time.. when.. but at what point.. in your mind.. does he want to really be involved?

Chiefshrink
07-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Yes.

Christians falling away.

Then I would say they were never genuinely saved to begin with. A good example of this is the parable of the wheat and tares. If Christians could lose their salvation then the "whole works thing for salvation" comes into play which is totally heresy. We can't do anything apart from Christ to make him love us anymore(a la good work) nor can we do anything apart from Him to love us any less(a la sin). It is by total grace through faith that we are sealed in Him.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 10:56 PM
I would be glad to, if i havent already. Odd that you would ask, considering you have some preconceived notion.

You did it again.

At what point, will you actually answer anything, to your best ability?

I remember your username, and unlike so incredibly many, I remember liking you... so I am not going after you. It's just.. you are not yet having a real discussion with this.

Where were we?

stevieray
07-20-2017, 11:00 PM
I remember your username, and unlike so incredibly many, I remember liking you... so I am not going after you.
Run along now. Ive watched you from a distance for quite sometime. Its not surprisng how much negativity you attract,

New World Order
07-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Create you. Create everything around you that you have ever known.

Lets you figure things out.

So,.. I agree there is a point of time.. when.. but at what point.. in your mind.. does he want to really be involved?

From the start:

Jeremiah 1:5- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you"

Isiah 49:15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Run along now. Ive watched you from a distance for quite sometime. Its not surprisng how much negativity you attract,

wow. Can't even begin to say how disappointing that is. You never even tried. Never followed up on a single question or issue on topic. You really are some salesman, yeah? Well, no problem. Just know this. Hate me or make this personal = blahblah blah... same shit,

... but you could have ACTUALLY TRIED to contribute some discussion to this. You are left woth anyone paying attention think that you are just another sheep that has no real oipinion, but Goddaam, not gonna keep quiet as others express theirs.

Think that's what your higher power wants??? Meh whatever... Your next post on this will be as indirect and useless as the rest, I guess.

Sandy Vagina
07-20-2017, 11:11 PM
From the start:

Jeremiah 1:5- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you"

Isiah 49:15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.

whatever your intent is.. I both applaud the effort and dismiss the interpretation.

Where it really exists is.. in the heart, IMHO.

The Bible could be set on fire in front of me before or after being raped by a meth-head like SDH... and I would not care one bit.

What it's all about... IMO.. happens inside each individual heart given.

New World Order
07-20-2017, 11:13 PM
whatever your intent is.. I both applaud the effort and dismiss the interpretation.

The Bible could be set on fire in front of me before or after being raped by a meth-head like SDH... and I would not care one bit.

You should at least try it Sandy.

I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Willie Lanier
07-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Please don't send this thread into the dc catacombs...

This should be a thread marveling at Patrick Mahomes upside and character

Willie Lanier
07-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Please don't send this thread into the dc catacombs...

This should be a thread marveling at Patrick Mahomes upside and character

My bad, too many salty dogs, wrong thread

beach tribe
07-21-2017, 12:15 AM

C'mon now, Stevie.

Don't try to run people away from these discussions.

Difference in belief, even ridicule shouldn't cause one to break off dialogue of this manner.

beach tribe
07-21-2017, 12:20 AM

I get where you are coming from, and it's what will prevent you from ever giving the Bible a chance, but there are some things in that book that cannot be gotten from anywhere else.

If it's not you thing at all, and I'll admit, it can be tough to take anything from it if there is no interest in it, try reading the first few chapters of Proverbs.

I think anyone can get value out of that book. Just Check it out.

I'm not a Bible thumper, just offering a good read.

TLO
07-21-2017, 12:52 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/wWE1pAnw6axMc/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/P2Zluyghl1AWY/giphy.gif

https://i.imgur.com/FlQPBzU.gif

BlackOp
07-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Then I would say they were never genuinely saved to begin with. A good example of this is the parable of the wheat and tares. If Christians could lose their salvation then the "whole works thing for salvation" comes into play which is totally heresy. We can't do anything apart from Christ to make him love us anymore(a la good work) nor can we do anything apart from Him to love us any less(a la sin). It is by total grace through faith that we are sealed in Him.
I find it interesting the people refer the The All as a gender...it is both...and everything has these mutual inherent properties.

Christianity is only a part of the story...its not the end all. It's like Hermeticism-lite in a tangible construct for the masses. Taking it literal is a mistake...

One of main planks of the ruling class manifesto was "killing God"..not literally killing it as they cant...but ushering in a calculated denial of it's existence...where it becomes the norm amongst the populace. They funded/fueled the existential philosophical movement... People are much easier to control when they have nothing to believe in but death, power and pointless existence.

It's working, unfortunately...and God (ALL) exists...IMO.

SAUTO
07-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Sure it is.

It would effect them negatively for the rest of their lives

Lzen
07-21-2017, 09:26 AM

I always find it amazing how some people have to go out of their way to convince believers that they are mistaken.

GoChiefs, is that you?

Lzen
07-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Sure it is.

Lots of difference here. If you are killed in a car accident, they would go on but always remember you. They would grieve for awhile but eventually move on with their lives.

If you blow your brains out then they may blame themselves and fall into a downward spiral of destructive behavior.

Can you not see the difference?

Lzen
07-21-2017, 09:44 AM
As for the thread topic, I am saddened by this. I was a pretty big fan of Linkin Park with their first couple of albums. As their music became more radion friendly I lost interest. I will acknowledge that over the years, they would have the occasional radio song that sounded alright.

RIP, Chester. May God forgive you. :(

WhiteWhale
07-21-2017, 02:09 PM
So... a celebrity kills himself and you dickheads are having bible study?

FFS

lewdog
07-21-2017, 03:53 PM
It would effect them negatively for the rest of their lives

I think my post came off wrong and I did not mean to de-magnify the impact of one's suicide on loved ones. However, a person's frame of mind who commits suicide usually means....

1) They don't even consider how loved ones will manage after their death.

2) They feel so much self pity that they already feel they themselves are not providing much love to those around them, rationalizing that their loved ones will go on without them, as they are unable to currently be present in many of their lives anyway due to their depression. One common characteristic of clinical depression is many who say they "don't feel present in their own or their loved ones lives." Think about that and how crazy that must be for those of you who are married or have children.

The last part of my previous post was meant to say that for many who lose loved ones to suicide, the loss remains, but many do go on with their lives while always having a part that always grieves. We humans are very resilient in the face of death. Those that can't cope usually head down the same path as their loved ones.

SAUTO
07-21-2017, 03:56 PM
I think my post came off wrong and I did not mean to de-magnify the impact of one's suicide on loved ones. However, a person's frame of mind who commits suicide usually means....

2) They feel so much self pity that they already feel they themselves are not providing much love to those around them, rationalizing that their loved ones will go on without them, as they are unable to currently be present in many of their lives anyway due to their depression. One common characteristic of clinical depression is many who say they "don't feel present in their own or their loved ones lives." Think about that and how crazy that must be for those of you who are married or have children.

The last part of my previous post was meant to say that for many who lose loved ones to suicide, the loss remains, but many do go on with their lives while always having a part that grieves. Those that can't cope usually head down the same path as their loved ones.ok then we agree. Maybe I'm a dumb ass and misunderstood your post.

SAUTO
07-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Lots of difference here. If you are killed in a car accident, they would go on but always remember you. They would grieve for awhile but eventually move on with their lives.

If you blow your brains out then they may blame themselves and fall into a downward spiral of destructive behavior.

Can you not see the difference? truth.

lewdog
07-21-2017, 04:05 PM
ok then we agree. Maybe I'm a dumb ass and misunderstood your post.

No, it wasn't very well written on my part.

bevischief
07-21-2017, 06:52 PM
How old are you 10?

Fish
07-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Fame and money ain't shit.

RIP....

Prison Bitch
07-22-2017, 10:32 AM

The last part of my previous post was meant to say that for many who lose loved ones to suicide, the loss remains, but many do go on with their lives while always having a part that always grieves. We humans are very resilient in the face of death. Those that can't cope usually head down the same path as their loved ones.

Your posts on this thread were pure shit. If you want to have an adult convo don't start it out with personal attacks.

Another pro tip: nobody gives a shit what your daddy does. Nobody.

Demonpenz
07-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Lew can you PM what your dad does. My family reads chiefsplanet and they are interested in what he does.

Demonpenz
07-22-2017, 10:37 AM
I remember writing a suicide note after I got the terrible game Pit Fighter instead of Street fighter II Turbo for christmas. I was going to hang myself with a turbo touch 360 cord and staple to my chest "YOU DID THIS TO ME"

threebag
07-22-2017, 11:03 AM
So we still Bible thumping? Can we move on to his chick is a whore yet?

lewdog
07-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Your posts on this thread were pure shit. If you want to have an adult convo don't start it out with personal attacks.

I clearly have more experience and knowledge on the subject than you, so actually it is relevant, dumbass.

Instead, your dumbass started out an "adult conversation" by calling Chest an asshole. It's clear to see who knows nothing on this subject.

threebag
07-22-2017, 02:17 PM
His chick is a whore...

Chiefshrink
07-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Christianity is only a part of the story...its not the end all. Taking it literal is a mistake...

No, Christianity is the whole story and is the "end all" with the death and resurrection of Jesus for all of mankind. The Bible is all about Jesus, with the OT being the red carpet being laid out to speaking about the future Messiah coming and then becoming incarnate living among man of which He did 2000yrs ago. Not taking Jesus's Words seriously would be a mistake.

One of main planks of the ruling class manifesto was "killing God"..not literally killing it as they cant...but ushering in a calculated denial of it's existence...where it becomes the norm amongst the populace. They funded/fueled the existential philosophical movement... People are much easier to control when they have nothing to believe in but death, power and pointless existence.

Ahhh yes the communist manifesto that Lenin,Stalin,Mao,and many others used but had to murder millions upon millions upon millions that you say is much easier in controlling the populace. Wow ! You may want to read up on just how successful, nothing to believe in but death, power and pointless existence was in Russia,China,Cuba,etc....so much so everyone around the world coming from these types of regimes runs to America only to find the Radical Lefties praising this insanity wanting America to embrace what these immigrants ran from:rolleyes:

It's working, unfortunately...

It is ?!?! North Korea and Otto Warmbier ring a bell ?? Tell that to Otto's parents that Communism is working.:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2017, 06:35 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MQDyoi-bBbQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Prison Bitch
07-22-2017, 07:04 PM
I clearly have more experience and knowledge on the subject than you, so actually it is relevant, dumbass.

Instead, your dumbass started out an "adult conversation" by calling Chest an asshole. It's clear to see who knows nothing on this subject.

Your dad's profession means nothing. Literally nothing at all.

You constantly question experts in their field (Andy Reid, Ned Yost et al). But we should all bow down in worship at your dad's expertise. Lol tard

Next time just address the issues. Not name calling. You're not smart enough to insult others.

lewdog
07-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Your dad's profession means nothing. Literally nothing at all.

You constantly question experts in their field (Andy Reid, Ned Yost et al). But we should all bow down in worship at your dad's expertise. Lol tard

Next time just address the issues. Not name calling. You're not smart enough to insult others.

I'd love to know what you've done that's so accomplished in your life, fucking dumbass.

Enjoy church tomorrow you ignorant fuck.

threebag
07-22-2017, 07:47 PM
So was she having an affair? Now it says tweets were hacked

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi1374.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fag438%2Flalatimp%2F2364d6807920a80f9a6f8 69a1ed899f1_zpsz8y2pnxd.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F10027443711&docid=ueJd5lbWEfWiJM&tbnid=zEhCi6CIRYVqzM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjC4vvipJ7VAhUGWz4KHTiiCnEQMwiDASgBMAE..i&w=400&h=271&hl=en-us&client=safari&bih=232&biw=568&q=no.soliciting&ved=0ahUKEwjC4vvipJ7VAhUGWz4KHTiiCnEQMwiDASgBMAE&iact=mrc&uact=8

Chiefshrink
07-22-2017, 08:13 PM
Fame and money ain't shit.

RIP....

Hey ! Fish and Jesus are on the same page !! Gotta Love It !!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-22-2017, 08:14 PM
So... a celebrity kills himself and you dickheads are having bible study?

FFS

See how God works !!;)

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2017, 08:31 PM

Pro Tip: Shut the fuck up.

You're a lowlife piece of shit that can't wrap his head around an apartment that costs $1,000 per month in a dopey city, let alone a huge city.

You're a broke ass twat and based on your per day posts, has a boring job.

Tribal Warfare
07-28-2017, 02:40 PM
SAW V will be showing on the TV channel EPIX2 Sunday 7/30 with a Chester cameo BTW

Pepe Silvia
07-28-2017, 04:53 PM
The stigma of suicide is the biggest reason why the depressed never get help and end their lives.

PAChiefsGuy
07-28-2017, 05:47 PM
The stigma of suicide is the biggest reason why the depressed never get help and end their lives.

I think also the stigma of being molested or bullied, both which happen to Chester, is another reason they do it. No one wants to hear about that type of stuff except counselors so it is probably really hard to go and talk to people and get help. They probably feel too ashamed even though it wasn't their fault in the first place.

Chester's wife finally spoke out.

http://ew.com/music/2017/07/28/chester-bennington-widow-talinda-statement/