PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt says he'd have 'no hesitation' in signing Colin Kaepernick

Eleazar
07-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Clark Hunt says he'd have 'no hesitation' in signing Colin Kaepernick
Scott Gleeson
USA TODAY Sports
Published 10:50 a.m. ET
July 27, 2017

Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said he would have “no hesitation” in signing embattled quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who has yet to sign with a team following a season in which he kneeled during national anthems to advocate against police brutality and racial injustice.

Ironically, Chiefs starter Alex Smith had his job taken away by Kaepernick while in San Francisco. Hunt was asked during an NBC Sports radio interview if he’d have an issue signing the former 49ers QB.

“You know, I really wouldn’t,” Hunt said of signing Kaepernick — albeit without an actual roster opening. “Obviously, we have an interesting dynamic in regards to Colin in that we have Alex Smith as our starter. Because of that, I wouldn’t anticipate that Andy (Reid) would come to me with that.

“But, generally, I’m not going to tell our head coach or our GM not to bring in a player if they think that player can bring us some success on the field and make us better. Now there are certain circumstances where guys get in trouble off the field, and that is something as an organization and as a family we care about.

"We’re not going to bring those types of players in. In terms of a player like Colin, I would have no hesitation bringing him into the organization.”

New York Giants owner John Mara previously said that Giants fans had written him letters asking the organization not to sign the free-agent quarterback.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2017/07/27/clark-hunt-chiefs-would-have-no-hesitation-signing-colin-kaepernick/516058001/

ChiefsCountry
07-27-2017, 12:32 PM
They drafted Tyreek Hill who was a disgusting piece of shit woman beater. Kaepernick is just a dumb ass.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-27-2017, 12:36 PM
God, I'd love that. So many crybaby Midwesterners.

In58men
07-27-2017, 12:36 PM
They drafted Tyreek Hill who was a disgusting piece of shit woman beater. Kaepernick is just a dumb ass.

He helped out thousands of people living in poverty overseas. He's actually a great guy, you don't like him because 'murica.

Rasputin
07-27-2017, 12:37 PM
What is the Hunt fetish for 49er quarterbacks?

ClevelandBronco
07-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Riiiiiiight.

19now11
07-27-2017, 12:38 PM
what every one seems to down play is it didn't start with a kneel down during the anthem, it started with sitting on the bench (on his ass) during the anthem. it wasnt until a teammate who was former military told him you better get the fuck up that he decided hed take a knee instead.

Pablo
07-27-2017, 12:46 PM
I'm all for it. Just for the lulz and the tears we'd see on CP alone.

Dartgod
07-27-2017, 12:50 PM
I couldn't care less about his political views, I wouldn't want him on this team because he sucks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-27-2017, 12:58 PM
The Chiefs are better than that. Hunt is just being politically correct.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
07-27-2017, 01:03 PM
He's going to the Ravens, my guess

thegame214
07-27-2017, 01:13 PM
What else is Clark supposed to say? "Yeah you know domestic violence is something we tolerate but the national anthem, that is just too damn far" lol I'm sure he will get picked up elsewhere at some point.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-27-2017, 01:17 PM
He helped out thousands of people living in poverty overseas. He's actually a great guy, you don't like him because 'murica.

Exactly. Kaepernick has done so many awesome things off the field, but everybody hates him because he (rightly) believes that there are some things wrong with this country and wanted to make a statement about it. Yet they'll support violent criminals, rapists, drunk drivers, etc. if they help them win games. It's mind boggling.

Ming the Merciless
07-27-2017, 01:18 PM
that would be hilarious

Mile High Mania
07-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Clark should do it... if nothing other than to block the Ravens from doing it. Cheap 1 year deal, maybe a 2 year to 'justify' as insurance for PH next year. Do it, Clark.

staylor26
07-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Wait, there are this many people on CP that can't see how disingenuous Kap is?

LMAO

Thought that was only blacks and SJW's

kysirsoze
07-27-2017, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't want the Chiefs to sign him because I'm happy with our current QB situation. (And they obviously won't) That said it's incredible to me he isn't signed somewhere. There are plenty of teams for which he would be a clear upgrade. Can't believe how overblown the National Anthem thing is.

Baby Lee
07-27-2017, 01:53 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I/giphy.webp

There are plenty of dumbasses with good hearts.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Wait, there are this many people on CP that can't see how disingenuous Kap is?

LMAO

Thought that was only blacks and SJW's

A) How would you know if he's disingenuous or not?
B) How would you know if people on CP are black and/or "SJWs"?

In58men
07-27-2017, 02:09 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I/giphy.webp

There are plenty of dumbasses with good hearts.

What makes him a dumbass? Standing up for human lives? Yeah, he's an idiot

In58men
07-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Exactly. Kaepernick has done so many awesome things off the field, but everybody hates him because he (rightly) believes that there are some things wrong with this country and wanted to make a statement about it. Yet they'll support violent criminals, rapists, drunk drivers, etc. if they help them win games. It's mind boggling.

Well said. This country is ass backwards about everything.

In comes Trump supporter.......YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE!!!!!

stevieray
07-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Well said. This country is ass backwards about everything.

In comes Trump supporter.......YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE!!!!!

poor guy.

loochy
07-27-2017, 02:37 PM
I LOVE KAPERNICK HES SUCH A GREAT GUY HES LIKE THE NEXT ALEX SMITH
AND THEIR SHOULDNT BE POOR PEPOLE BECUZ RICH SHOULD GIVE MONEY AND STUPID COP'S RACISM TRUMP

In58men
07-27-2017, 02:40 PM
poor guy.

I'm not poor by any means if that's what you're insinuating.

listopencil
07-27-2017, 02:44 PM

He's not a good QB and he seems to want to be paid like he is. That's pretty much all it is.

listopencil
07-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Clark should do it... if nothing other than to block the Ravens from doing it. Cheap 1 year deal, maybe a 2 year to 'justify' as insurance for PH next year. Do it, Clark.

Kap and the 9ers could have gotten that done last year and moved him to the Broncos. Elway was willing to take him on a cheap 'prove it' deal. It didn't happen.

Baby Lee
07-27-2017, 03:00 PM
What makes him a dumbass? Standing up for human lives? Yeah, he's an idiot

Does your brain have a reset button or something? Do you have a Momento situation? We've had this conversation over and over.

MoF, thinking on it now, just a couple weeks back you accused me of being a white supremacist for even suggesting Kap might be anything other than the lovechild of Jesus of Nazereth and Albert Einstein. SO you can resume fucking off now.

Frazod
07-27-2017, 03:02 PM

Well, they don't steal shit, rape or beat women and drive drunk on the FUCKING SIDELINE BEFORE THE GAME WHILE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYING.

It's amazing how people don't get this.

stevieray
07-27-2017, 03:02 PM

Nope.

Somehow, you'll survive this "injustice".

loochy
07-27-2017, 03:05 PM

Are you sure?

:hmmm:

KCUnited
07-27-2017, 03:09 PM
No room inside the Home of the Chiefs for a guy like Kap. /boomhauer voice

Baby Lee
07-27-2017, 03:16 PM
No room inside the Home of the Chiefs for a guy like Kap. /boomhauer voice

You speak Boomhauer?

To me he just sounds like. . . tellyouwhatman thatdangol dangol somethin somethin ainrightman.

In58men
07-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Are you sure?

:hmmm:

Positive.

KCUnited
07-27-2017, 03:20 PM
You speak Boomhauer?

To me he just sounds like. . . tellyouwhatman thatdangol dangol somethin somethin ainrightman.

I grew up in Kansas.

Best22
07-27-2017, 03:26 PM

True, but I can't name any rapists in the NFL. Who are they?

ClevelandBronco
07-27-2017, 03:41 PM

Big Bum.

Rasputin
07-27-2017, 03:42 PM

I can name 54

The Raiders and Ben Rothelesberger

Baby Lee
07-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Big Bum.

Alleged, and SFAIK acquitted. But still, safe to say not an amicable ending.

Al Bundy
07-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Would be awesome.. Cheefs fans that root for a guy that actually committed a crime would lose their fucking minds over a guy that DIDN'T commit a crime and would make the community better.

Baby Lee
07-27-2017, 03:50 PM
How hilarious would it be if Alex started some protest antics this year?

ROFL ROFL - the heads that would explode

ThaVirus
07-27-2017, 03:57 PM
I grew up in Kansas.

LMAO

Best22
07-27-2017, 04:02 PM
Big Bum.

Pig Ben wasn't convicted

The Franchise
07-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Would be awesome.. Cheefs fans that root for a guy that actually committed a crime would lose their fucking minds over a guy that DIDN'T commit a crime and would make the community better.

Like your rapist and thief at QB?

RippedmyFlesh
07-27-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm all for it. Just for the lulz and the tears we'd see on CP alone.

This
It would make this year so fun.

Al Bundy
07-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Like your rapist and thief at QB?

Hmmm he's a rapist? I didn't know he was convicted of that.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-27-2017, 06:31 PM
He would start in Denver

Iowanian
07-27-2017, 06:36 PM
I'd rather they sign casey printers than kaep....he can suck balls.

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Besides the fact that Arrowhead would rain down fire if Kap was on the sidelines, he's not a good fit for Reid's WCO.

He's not an accurate passer, runs at the sign of trouble and isn't patient enough to run this offense properly. He's 29 years old and while he's fairly young for a QB, he just doesn't fit into anyone's system.

The problem is that a head coach or offensive coordinator would need to design an offense for him and that just isn't happening.

Spott
07-27-2017, 07:17 PM
In a way it would be funny just because it would piss off Smith and his pathetic nutjob fanbase. But I think we've had more than our share or reject backup 49er QB's.

Rasputin
07-27-2017, 07:39 PM
49er quarterbacks are fools gold that's why I didn't want Alex Smith in the first place.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2017, 07:43 PM

"We're not going to bring those types of players in".

What?

You already did.

Jesus H. Crank; does this man remember one fucking day from the next? Seriously; Clark Hunt has problems. Issues.

This is just fucking great; I've got a goddamned, brainwashed Mormon in magic underpants running around with a clueless fucking trust-fund retard.

Great show!
Good job!

chiefzilla1501
07-27-2017, 07:53 PM
If we're talking purely about playing ability, he'd be fine as a backup. Dumb down the offense and let him freelance for a few games. Don't let him play a single game in the cold. The Chiefs obviously don't need him. But for a backup price he's better than plenty of backups. He didn't have nearly as bad a year last year as people think.

Eleazar
07-27-2017, 08:15 PM
He needs an offense drawn up around his inadequacies in order to function, and isn't worth the distraction anyway since he sucks.

Red Dawg
07-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Only a needy team will sign him. He's Vince Young but more of a media draw. His skills are limited and he can't win from the pocket.

Rasputin
07-27-2017, 08:45 PM
I'd rather Chiefs sign a nutless circus monkey than sign Colin Kaepernick do about the same but would be much cheaper.

chiefzilla1501
07-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Only a needy team will sign him. He's Vince Young but more of a media draw. His skills are limited and he can't win from the pocket.

He is much better than Vince Young. People need to look at his year last year in warm weather. He wasn't terrible. Not a starter. But better than plenty of backups.

BryanBusby
07-27-2017, 08:53 PM
He's not a good QB and he seems to want to be paid like he is. That's pretty much all it is.
Based off of what? Your own dumbass imagination, or some "anonymous source" that said so and has been clearly debunked?

Chiefshrink
07-27-2017, 09:30 PM
The Chiefs are better than that. Hunt is just being politically correct.

BINGO !!!

Mile High Mania
07-28-2017, 07:06 AM
He would start in Denver

Doubtful. He throws a nice pass and probably has more bang possible wow factor, but his decision making is poorer than Trevor's. And, for that, I'd stick with the kid.

Red Dawg
07-28-2017, 07:30 AM
Kap may done in the NFL. The Ravens passed and signed someone else just like other teams that had a need for a QB. He's a distraction and not dedicated to football. His entire off season has been spent slamming the police and America while he praised Castro in Cuba. His tweets are damning his name into the ground.

I think he's over at least for this season.

Baby Lee
07-28-2017, 07:31 AM
I think we're at [past?] the point where the advocates for Kap have to examine their part in his fortunes.
We're talking about a backup QB position. Leaving aside the original protest completely, what franchise wants the headache of a clipboard holder who comes with an entire media infrastructure bringing daily inquiry and pressure regarding how he's treated and handled?

You think Todd Collins would have enjoyed a decade of paycheck cashing for wearing a Chiefs uniform on the sidelines if he was the top story on Sportscenter at least once a week, every week?

HemiEd
07-28-2017, 07:38 AM

Bullshit, he needs to be a Bronco.

Eleazar
07-28-2017, 07:42 AM
The team doesn't have a place for Krapernick and there's no chance they'll sign him.

I feel like Clark is (smartly) just being PC here. If Clark goes out and trashes him, he risks alienating Chiefs players who support him. Instead he makes banal statements like "I’m not going to tell our head coach or our GM not to bring in a player if they think that player can help us", statements which offend no one and cause no controversy.

Probably the right way to deflect the question.

Red Dawg
07-28-2017, 08:09 AM
The team doesn't have a place for Krapernick and there's no chance they'll sign him.

I feel like Clark is (smartly) just being PC here. If Clark goes out and trashes him, he risks alienating Chiefs players who support him. Instead he makes banal statements like "I’m not going to tell our head coach or our GM not to bring in a player if they think that player can help us", statements which offend no one and cause no controversy.

Probably the right way to deflect the question.

The owner of the Giants said they received thousands of letters and messages from fans that slammed Kap. He said they would have a fan revolt if he signed him. It will take an extremely needy team for an owner to sign him.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Doubtful. He throws a nice pass and probably has more bang possible wow factor, but his decision making is poorer than Trevor's. And, for that, I'd stick with the kid.

You are ignoring the cheap pile high air made Semen "look" better than he actually is. Those hand of god ducks he threw against KC were a product of that dump stadium. He's only starting due to Lynch being a bust.

patteeu
07-28-2017, 08:41 AM
God, I'd love that. So many crybaby Midwesterners.

You should see the delicate simps on the coasts.

ping2000
07-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Chunt said he would have to pay for his own helmet if signed though and recommended this model to accommodate the fro:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170728/ae547876cd4442f597dffa5959853448.jpg

threebag
07-28-2017, 01:07 PM
If he still has good velocity Sweets would sign him to throw balls into his balloon knot

bricks
07-28-2017, 01:37 PM

I'm a believer that everyone has good and bad in them.

Sometimes people do things without rationalizing and base their decision making on instincts and emotions more than anything.

The media just likes to portray certain types of people with a negative image while disqualifying the positives. That's actually cognitively distorting and is symptomatic of how depressed people think. But it all comes down to money, whatever is negative attracts attention, right? and the more attention that is drawn, the more money is made! All this negative news on athletes just feeds into the capitalistic motive of these media greedy corporations.

listopencil
07-28-2017, 02:34 PM
He would start in Denver

You're the one rooting for the QB that Kap beat out for a starting job.

Frazod
07-28-2017, 03:45 PM
You're the one rooting for the QB that Kap beat out for a starting job.

Most of us are rooting for him to get the fuck out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2017, 03:46 PM
If he still has good velocity Sweets would sign him to throw balls into his balloon knot

LMAO

And if the Chiefs DID sign him, you and the rest of the goober squad would charge in to high gear, dreaming up all SORTS of bullshit to validate the deal.

Why?

Because you and the crew HAVE NO principles when cHunt and the Fatman step onto the dance floor to do the hustle.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-10-2015/uaPFzS.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Kaepernick put up 16 and 4 INTs with arguably the worst skill position players in football last year.

Alex Smith put up 15 TDs and 8 INTs with a good set of skill position players.

Kaepernick is certainly one of the best 32 QBs on the planet, and should be starting somewhere, but no owner wants to be the one to take the "risk" to sign him.