PDA

View Full Version : Football Luck could miss firs 6 weeks

staylor26
08-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Having undergone shoulder surgery in January, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck may not start the 2017 season.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Tuesday he's "heard plenty of rumblings about [Luck] starting the year on the physically unable to perform list."

Colts general manager Chris Ballard discussed Luck's status:

"We want to make sure we handle the process right with Andrew, and continuing to do the things the doctors and trainers have told him to do, and we're going to follow that process. And as for everyone saying Andrew is down, well, every season is special in my mind. You don't ever want to take these for granted. They're too hard to come by. So we'll do everything we can to put a team on the field that will compete their butts off and play winning football.

"He's going through his throwing program right now, making sure he's got his motion back right and the next step is getting him to practice. And once we get him to practice we'll keep taking steps from there."

Luck is already on the preseason PUP list, but if the Colts placed him on the regular-season PUP list, he'd have to miss at least six games. Still, the Indy Star's Stephen Holder thought Luck's preseason designation raised cause for concern:

On Saturday, Luck attempted to calm the fears of Colts fans.

"There's no reason to freak out," he said, per the Star's Dakota Crawford. "I don't know what day it's going to be, I don't know what week, I don't know when, but I definitely will be [better]."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725136-andrew-luck-reportedly-may-miss-1st-6-games-due-to-shoulder-injury

Mile High Mania
08-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Will they sign the QB that kneels?

Rasputin
08-01-2017, 05:03 PM
I imagine our QBotf Patrick Mahomes II is going have a much more successful career than Andrew Luck.

Oh and fuck the Colts

staylor26
08-01-2017, 05:04 PM
I imagine our QBotf Patrick Mahomes II is going have a much more successful career than Andrew Luck.

Oh and **** the Colts

Wouldn't that be something

Rasputin
08-01-2017, 05:04 PM
They can have Tyler Bray for that matter they can have Alex Smith

Rasputin
08-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Wouldn't that be something

I don't think it's far fetched Andrew Luck has not fared much Luck not with that team. Issray or who ever GM and coaching really screwed up what should have been a home run on the way to a dynasty team. They fucked up with drafting a bust first round running back oh wait they traded a first round for a bust of a running back iirc that couldn't do shit.

So Patrick arrow is pointing up with the Chiefs and Andrew Luck arrow is going through his heart.

Ming the Merciless
08-01-2017, 05:09 PM
i fucking hate the colts but i had picked them as a sort of sleeper team in a money league of sorts I am in....

that sucks for them

Ming the Merciless
08-01-2017, 05:09 PM
inb4 trade them smith

Baby Lee
08-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Can't deciduous how I feel about this.

Rain Man
08-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Good. Screw the Colts. Screw Andrew Luck. Screw T.Y. Hilton. Screw everybody who has ever worn the color blue in Indiana.

JakeF
08-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Ha,ha

Kiimo
08-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Good I need no more playoff heartbreaks to those Indiana punks.

Rasputin
08-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Good. Screw the Colts. Screw Andrew Luck. Screw T.Y. Hilton. Screw everybody who has ever worn the color blue in Indiana.

That is a lot of :hump: ing

Ming the Merciless
08-01-2017, 05:39 PM
thats pretty Un-Luck-ee

Rain Man
08-01-2017, 05:48 PM
That is a lot of :hump: ing

I stand behind my statement.

Hoopsdoc
08-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Been pointing this way for awhile now. Even if he plays in week 1, he'll be rusty as heck cause he sure ain't playing in preseason.

Deberg_1990
08-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Bust

Rain Man
08-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Bust

They should bring back Curtis Painter.

Otter
08-01-2017, 06:46 PM
I stand behind my statement. I've never seen this side of you Rain Man. Did you mix Dr. Pepper and cashews? Put them down and sleep it off.

MMXcalibur
08-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Fuck the Colts.
Forever.

Baby Lee
08-01-2017, 06:49 PM
I've never seen this side of you Rain Man. Did you mix Dr. Pepper and cashews? Put them down and sleep it off.

Pepsi and milk

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/47/9b/ab/479babbc1eeb8c8fc2b65f281073be1c--penny-marshall-laverne--shirley.jpg

KCrockaholic
08-01-2017, 06:51 PM
I like Andrew Luck, but the Colts, fuck em.

Rain Man
08-01-2017, 07:03 PM
I've never seen this side of you Rain Man. Did you mix Dr. Pepper and cashews? Put them down and sleep it off.

I watched the field goal game in 1995. I watched the no-punt game. I watched the boring one. I watched the Kendrick Lewis bystander game. I've seen things that no man should see.

KCrockaholic
08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Rain Man is right.

ChiefsCountry
08-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Wait till Elway somehow trades for Luck this offseason.

KCrockaholic
08-01-2017, 07:09 PM
If Luck ever joined a functional organization with a decent OL, he'd be terrific. He was heading that way in the beginning, but the Colts had to be idiots. (Let's give Luck a bunch of receivers, no OL, no running game, and no defense, go buddy)

Buehler445
08-01-2017, 07:13 PM
I watched the field goal game in 1995. I watched the no-punt game. I watched the boring one. I watched the Kendrick Lewis bystander game. I've seen things that no man should see.

This. They're not as bad as Donk. (Fuck Donk Forever)

But Fuck the ponies.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-01-2017, 07:16 PM
If Luck is going to miss really any decent chunk of time, they're f**ked.

That division will be a battle between Tennessee and Houston. I love Tennessee's offense but I also think Houston has a tremendous defense.

KCrockaholic
08-01-2017, 07:31 PM
If Luck is going to miss really any decent chunk of time, they're f**ked.

That division will be a battle between Tennessee and Houston. I love Tennessee's offense but I also think Houston has a tremendous defense.

For the first time in a while, those Tennessee/Texans games will actually be pretty decent. It's the best rushing tandem in the league (In my opinion) Vs the best front 7 in the league.

RealSNR
08-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Can't deciduous how I feel about this.

Look, it was a typo. Back off, oak-ay?

RealSNR
08-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Watch, he'll miss at least half the season and not be the same when he comes back.

The Colts will go, "WELL WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IF WE DON'T HAVE AN AMAZEBALLS QB? THERE'S NO OTHER WAY WE CAN POSSIBLY WIN GAMES!"

They'll tank the year, get the #1 pick, trade Luck for a buttfuck ton of picks, and draft the top guy this year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Wow, just our luck.

milkman
08-02-2017, 07:21 AM
This. They're not as bad as Donk. (**** Donk Forever)

But **** the ponies.

I blame the Chiefs for those losses.

milkman
08-02-2017, 07:25 AM
If Luck ever joined a functional organization with a decent OL, he'd be terrific. He was heading that way in the beginning, but the Colts had to be idiots. (Let's give Luck a bunch of receivers, no OL, no running game, and no defense, go buddy)

Andrew Luck is the poster boy that should illustrate how circumstances can make or break the development of a QB.

He has all the tools to be among the elite QBs in the NFL, but a dysfunctional organization, from the owner to the GM to the HC, has squandered that talent, leading him to be a disappointment thus far in his career.

Rasputin
08-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Wait till Elway somehow trades for Luck this offseason.

He is probably galloping over to Indy to have talks with Chris Ballard about it.

TEX
08-02-2017, 08:45 AM
I was wondering when the Colts were going to face reality and come out with this. That organization is literally ruining this guy. How they have not totally upgraded their OL to protect him is beyond belief.

Baby Lee
08-02-2017, 09:02 AM

And this is how I can be very optimistic about Mahomes, AND be very vigilant about the fact that football is still a team game. Respect ALL that goes into a championship level team, or you're going to lose an essential part of it somewhere.

TimeForWasp
08-02-2017, 09:07 AM
The slogan goes full circle.

Luck For Suck!!!

KC_Lee
08-02-2017, 09:09 AM

I read that in Roy Batty's voice from Blade Runner...I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....

Hoopsdoc
08-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Andrew Luck is the poster boy that should illustrate how circumstances can make or break the development of a QB.

He has all the tools to be among the elite QBs in the NFL, but a dysfunctional organization, from the owner to the GM to the HC, has squandered that talent, leading him to be a disappointment thus far in his career.

LMAO

He hasn't been a disappointment. He's made the pro bowl 3 times in his first 5 seasons.

The colts have screwed up the team around him sure, but he hasn't been a disappointment.

milkman
08-02-2017, 06:24 PM
LMAO

He hasn't been a disappointment. He's made the pro bowl 3 times in his first 5 seasons.

The colts have screwed up the team around him sure, but he hasn't been a disappointment.

First, pro bowls mean jack.

Second, he has not nearly reached the level of his potential.

Third, elite QBs raise the level of play around them, and the Colts have played roughly the same as a team with Matt Hasselbeck under center as they have with Luck.

He has been a disappointment.

ThaVirus
08-02-2017, 09:14 PM
He has been a disappointment.

He has.

Rasputin
08-02-2017, 09:25 PM
The Colts maybe better off sitting him IR for the year and do what they can in the off season to have a strong line for his return. Would do him and the Colts no good if he got hurt coming in this year because no way could Ballard fix that shitstorm in one offseason.