PDA

View Full Version : Football Stalking J.Charles

T-post Tom
08-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Vance Joseph confirms Jamaal Charles is on Broncos roster bubble

The Denver Broncos suddenly have a very deep running back room, and three-time All-Pro Jamaal Charles is far from a lock to make the team’s final roster.

Charles is still in the process of recovering from a knee injury that caused his career with the Kansas City Chiefs to come to an end. The Broncos got their first live look at the former Texas Longhorns star on Wednesday, and it was clear that he still possesses a lot of the same qualities that made him great in Kansas City.

However, Charles still has a lot to prove in order to make Denver’s final roster.

After Thursday morning’s practice, Broncos coach Vance Joseph was asked what Charles has to show in camp to make the team.

“We’re pacing him, but we want to see him obviously get back to somewhat close to what he was so we can make a decision there, absolutely. But we also need to pace him for the season. We have to decide [what’s best] for our football team, but also not burn him if he is there for the season.”

It would be foolish to believe that Charles can still be a workhorse back at this point in his career. But if he can prove that he is healthy, the 2013 NFL rushing touchdowns leader will help the Broncos offense immensely in 2017. Joseph agrees.

“If we can get 10-12 specialty plays a game for Jamaal, screens, and wheel routes, and outside runs, that’s going to make us a better football team,” the first-year coach said Thursday.

C.J. Anderson will be the team’s starter, that’s a given. But Charles is facing stiff competition from a trio of unlikely players to back up Anderson. Rookie sixth-round pick De’Angelo Henderson has been one of the stars of camp; veteran Stevan Ridley, who was signed after Devontae Booker went down, looks like the player he was with the New England Patriots; and three-year NFL veteran Juwan Thompson has been turning heads as well.

https://www.all22.com/denver-broncos/jamaal-charles-roster-bubble

notorious
08-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Bye bye.

Chiefspants
08-04-2017, 11:05 AM
John Dorsey should be fired over this.

Eleazar
08-04-2017, 11:09 AM
I don't think any (sane) planeteers were too worked up about Charles being released. He's a longshot to be a productive player again and it was just time to move on.

Couple that with the childish way he acted in the wake of his release, and... (wellbye.jpg)

ClevelandBronco
08-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Alfred Williams said a couple days ago that Charles looked good enough with the football in non-tackling drills, but he looked a little uncomfortable after a play would end. He wasn't just bouncing back to wherever he needed to be next. He was kind of just slowly making his way there.

Mile High Mania
08-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained... if he doesn't survive the bubble, they lose nothing really by rolling the dice.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 11:37 AM
The guy is done. It's too bad, but those knees are toast.

Over Yonder
08-04-2017, 11:56 AM
I don't think any (sane) planeteers were too worked up about Charles being released. He's a longshot to be a productive player again and it was just time to move on.

Couple that with the childish way he acted in the wake of his release, and... (wellbye.jpg)

I guess chalk me up as an insane planeteer then, I can't shake the feeling this is the case....

The Broncos got their first live look at the former Texas Longhorns star on Wednesday, and it was clear that he still possesses a lot of the same qualities that made him great in Kansas City.

If nothing else, he should of been traded to ensure he didn't end up in the division. I really think if he stays in the division, it will bite us in the butt.

I didn't see anything of how he acted after being released so I don't know about that.

Dante84
08-04-2017, 12:04 PM
I guess chalk me up as an insane planeteer then, I can't shake the feeling this is the case....

If nothing else, he should of been traded to ensure he didn't end up in the division. I really think if he stays in the division, it will bite us in the butt.

I didn't see anything of how he acted after being released so I don't know about that.

You saw how long he sat on the market, right?

No one was going to give us a pack of gum for him.

MahiMike
08-04-2017, 12:09 PM
The return of Harvey williams.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Spiller was an upgrade...and that is pretty sad for Denver

Mile High Mania
08-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Spiller was an upgrade...and that is pretty sad for Denver

Typed as if Denver signed him as anything other than a 'what if he can make the team' scenario.

T-post Tom
08-04-2017, 12:17 PM

This. His salary under the Chiefs' contract was more than teams wanted to pay. Plus giving up compensation. Market wasn't there.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 12:19 PM
JC will be in the market for a wheelchair in the near future.

NJChiefsFan
08-04-2017, 12:22 PM
John Dorsey should be fired over this.

Umm, he was also rude to Jeremy Maclin.

Over Yonder
08-04-2017, 01:02 PM

No, I didn't. I don't follow too closely during the off season. If that be the case then ok.

This. His salary under the Chiefs' contract was more than teams wanted to pay. Plus giving up compensation. Market wasn't there.
Yea, there would of had to be some form of salary renegotiation for sure. Don't even know if that would of been possible. But I am one of those that would of taken a bit of a financial hit to be sure he didn't end up in the division. But, it's all water under the bridge now.

Bewbies
08-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Will Jamaal be sad if he never gets to play for the Broncos? LMAO

Red Dawg
08-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Obviously his knees are over. If he can't make the Denver roster with the losers at RB they have then he's done.

siberian khatru
08-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Will Jamaal be sad if he never gets to play for the Broncos? LMAO

"I've always wanted to be released by Denver."

ClevelandBronco
08-04-2017, 02:50 PM

ROFL

:clap:

T-post Tom
08-04-2017, 03:03 PM

And Adam Teicher will break that story. :)

threebag
08-04-2017, 03:10 PM
"All the Escalades, know wut I'm sayin"