PDA

View Full Version : Life Something odd (for me)

FlaChief58
08-06-2017, 03:54 PM
My dad passed away 6 years ago and left me a few of his prized possesions including his deer rifle, a bolt action .243 remmington. Until today, for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to shoot it. I love going to the range , but for some odd reason have never felt the need to bring this particular gun with me. Well today, I decided to grab it and fire a few rounds with it. I'm not one to believe in ghosts or the after life, but every time I pulled the trigger, I had this feeling that he was watching over me and cheering me on as I put 7 of 15 rounds in the bulls eye from 100 yards.

I'm not sure what any of this means, but I just wanted to share since this is the first time since he passed that I felt that he was somehow there looking over me. I'd love to hear if any of you have have a similar experience or if I'm just losing my mind.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-06-2017, 04:02 PM
That rifle is your connection. That's why he left it to you.

TrebMaxx
08-06-2017, 04:19 PM
Here is my story which I treasure. My mom passed away unexpectedly back in 2008. The back story is that she had gone around her house and would place little round stickers on items that she wanted my sisters and I to have. Yellow for my older sister, red for my younger sister and blue for me. The day we went to start on cleaning up her house after she passed we stopped off at a Walgreens to grab some drinks to keep hydrated during the task. I went in to get what everyone wanted and paid for it. When I received my change back there was a penny that had a blue dot sticker on it just like what my mom had used on the stuff in her house. I still have that penny today and carry it in my wallet. I pull that penny out every once in awhile when I have one of those moments that I wish I could talk to her or need her advice. I find it very comforting.

Simply Red
08-06-2017, 04:21 PM
sorry about your father - you seem nice.

Simply Red
08-06-2017, 04:22 PM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/bD20f"><a href="//imgur.com/bD20f"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
08-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Here is my story which I treasure. My mom passed away unexpectedly back in 2008. The back story is that she had gone around her house and would place little round stickers on items that she wanted my sisters and I to have. Yellow for my older sister, red for my younger sister and blue for me. The day we went to start on cleaning up her house after she passed we stopped off at a Walgreens to grab some drinks to keep hydrated during the task. I went in to get what everyone wanted and paid for it. When I received my change back there was a penny that had a blue dot sticker on it just like what my mom had used on the stuff in her house. I still have that penny today and carry it in my wallet. I pull that penny out every once in awhile when I have one of those moments that I wish I could talk to her or need her advice. I find it very comforting.

Gosh dang pollins in the air make my tearducks go crazy

Rasputin
08-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Just think every time you shoot that gun it brings memories of your dad and closer to your heart. He in since never left you but you have every right to the feelings you describe. I'd embrace them and shoot that gun of yours.