PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Looking for an iPhone

The Bad Guy
08-08-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm about a month and a half away from an upgrade, which is the same time Apple will be releasing the newest iPhone.

My son is potty training and like any other red blooded American, I let him use my phone while he was focusing on his task. Big mistake. He dropped the phone and it fell into the bowl. Tried to revive it with rice, drying it out with alcohol, took it to an iPhone repair place and it appears it's dead.

So this creates a problem for me. Is there anyone here who has an iPhone 6 or 6s (64gb or 128gb) on Verizon that they aren't using they want to either sell or rent to me? I could borrow it, pay you for the time I use it and send it back if you wanted to go that route.

I'll be damned if I'm going to burn the upgrade now and I don't trust any shady bastard on Craigslist.

I'm going out of town with my oldest next week and need to have a phone. I've exhausted asking all my contacts on facebook and any relatives.

Thanks in advance. If you can help, shoot me a PM.

threebag
08-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Tracphone till then?

I wish I could help but all mine phone get destroyed by kids too.

The Bad Guy
08-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Tracphone till then?

I wish I could help but all mine phone get destroyed by kids too.

Thanks man. First time this has ever happened so I'm lucky. My oldest is 8 and my youngest is 3. I was on borrowed time.

DaneMcCloud
08-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks man. First time this has ever happened so I'm lucky. My oldest is 8 and my youngest is 3. I was on borrowed time.

Get them a cheap Kindle Fire to play around with because they can perform the same functions over WiFi.

16 GB for $79.99

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-8-Tablet-With-Alexa/dp/B01J94SWWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502231632&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle+fire

My kids started out with Fire's, then as they grew older, I bought them iPads.

The Bad Guy
08-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Get them a cheap Kindle Fire to play around with because they can perform the same functions over WiFi.

16 GB for $79.99

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-8-Tablet-With-Alexa/dp/B01J94SWWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502231632&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle+fire

They both have iPads. My wife went out of town with our 8 year old and left behind our 3 year old because he's potty training and his iPad was dead when he was trying to go. I think secretly he was pissed about not going away, so he took out his revenge on my phone.

Just a perfect (shit) storm.

DaneMcCloud
08-08-2017, 04:39 PM
They both have iPads. My wife went out of town with our 8 year old and left behind our 3 year old because he's potty training and his iPad was dead when he was trying to go. I think secretly he was pissed about not going away, so he took out his revenge on my phone.

Just a perfect (shit) storm.

LMAO

Sorry, man.

You're braver than me, however. I was uncomfortable spending $300+ on iPads when they were sub-5 years old because the repair costs are outrageous.

Anyway, good luck!

The Bad Guy
08-08-2017, 04:44 PM
LMAO

Sorry, man.

You're braver than me, however. I was uncomfortable spending $300+ on iPads when they were sub-5 years old because the repair costs are outrageous.

Anyway, good luck!

Oh I wouldn't buy them so my mom got them for their birthday's.

Thanks my man.

listopencil
08-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Can you take the sim card out and put it in a shitty beater phone until you're ready to upgrade?

Mama Hip Rockets
08-08-2017, 05:21 PM
My son is potty training and like any other red blooded American, I let him use my phone while he was focusing on his task.

ROFL

Not sure if serious.

The Bad Guy
08-08-2017, 05:31 PM
ROFL

Not sure if serious.

You don't use a device on the can?

What are you? 70?

Why Not?
08-08-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm shitting while typing this on my IPhone right now.

The Bad Guy
08-08-2017, 07:05 PM
So I'm on a family plan with my brothers. My younger brother manages the account. We have insurance on the phone. He could have told me this 2 days ago. So I have a replacement coming.

Miles
08-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Luckily the next one you get with the upgrade should be toilet and pool proof. Was going to suggest swappa as a site that might be a good option for an older beater iPhone (haven't used it personally but friends often do and generally more phone nerd oriented than other resell sites) but good to see it worked out.