PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Bro's trip- 1st time to KC

ChiefAshhole1056
08-10-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm considering bringing my two younger brothers (18 and 15) to their first Chiefs games, but don't really have any idea of where we should stay, what seats we should get, should we get a car, Saturday activity recommendations, etc.

I know there have been plenty other posts like this on here, but the ones I found through search didn't quite fit my situation. Any help y'all can supply would be greatly appreciated, even possibly rewarded with a beer of your choice once I arrive :toast:. Currently set on going to either the Redskins or Eagles game.

Titty Meat
08-10-2017, 09:38 AM
If you stay in east KC it's cheaper and close to the stadium

Titty Meat
08-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Also hit up Indepdence avenue it's the most happening spot in KC. Great for singles.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-10-2017, 09:39 AM
If you stay in east KC it's cheaper and close to the stadium

Was looking at that, would you suggest just taking a taxi or uber into town and walking around (is it even a very walkable city?)?

Rasputin
08-10-2017, 09:49 AM
I think Bookit.com can help you find a hotel for your needs and price.

Kansas City hotels fill up near the stadium quick for Chiefs games.

You can drive down a ways on I70 and maybe find a place but it wont be as nice depends on your budget.

Dayze
08-10-2017, 09:51 AM
if you stay in downtown KC and want to walk, eat, drink etc on Saturday, I think most hotels down there are only like 8 -10 miles from the stadium. so maybe a taxi / uber from there to the stadium? admittedly, no idea what that would cost etc.

but would defnitely be the option, IMO, if you're wanting to walk/do things on Saturday.

KCUnited
08-10-2017, 09:56 AM
A good value/location hotel is the downtown Comfort Inn on 6th street. It's a few blocks from P&L and the River Market and its right off the highway heading towards the stadium. Could probably Uber the entire trip from there.

POND_OF_RED
08-10-2017, 10:50 AM
what seats we should get, should we get a car, Saturday activity recommendations, etc.

Definitely get a car. KC is very spread out and has terrible public transportation. Worlds of Fun will be open in September and October for Halloween Haunt nights and would probably be the best option to keep your underaged brothers entertained on Saturday. There are also haunted houses in the west bottoms that will definitely be open for the Redskins game and possibly open for the Eagles game. There isn't a bad seat at Arrowhead so I wouldn't overthink that one too much, just get the best deal you can find. Hope this helps a little. Have fun!

Dayze
08-10-2017, 11:30 AM
oh, and DEFINITELY watch yer cornhole, Bud.

Kiimo
08-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Also hit up Indepdence avenue it's the most happening spot in KC. Great for singles.

This man is trying to get you killed. Stay downtown or on the Plaza.

Strongside
08-10-2017, 11:50 AM
Posted all this in another, similar thread...but it's a solid list:

Go to the crossroads and hit the breweries & distilleries, of which about 7 have opened since you were last here. Torn Label, Border, Double-Shift, Brewery Emperial, Lifted Spirts, Toms Town to name a few.

In that same vein, check out the Boulevared Beer Hall, as well as TikiCat in Westport. TikiCat is small so you need to make a reservation, but it's well worth it.

Park your car at Union Station and ride the streetcar to the River Market. Eat at either Brown & Loe, , KC Taco Company, or Il Lazzarone.

On your way back, get off at the stop next to BRGR. Hit up Insomnia cookies and maybe catch a flick at the Alamo Drafthouse. There's also a new Rally House here that has great team and KC apparel. Consider checking out No Other Pub, a Sporting KC bar with bowling, beer pong, and other games indoors.

Hit up local shops like Westside Storey, Normal Human, or the Charlie Hustle store on the plaza.

KCUnited
08-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a blast for teenagers.

Bugeater
08-10-2017, 12:10 PM
I always stay at the Staybridge Suites in Independence. Modern, clean, reasonably priced and they have a great breakfast buffet. 10 minutes from the sports complex.

Make sure you eat at Joe's KC sometime while you're there. That's all I've got.

Prison Bitch
08-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Raytown

Go to FunkyTown Sat Nite

You won't regret it.

ModSocks
08-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Raytown

Go to FunkyTown Sat Nite

You won't regret it.

"You must be 21 to enter"

http://funkytownkc.com/

Prison Bitch
08-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Fine

Then he can leave his bros back at the Independence Ave hotel while he goes out all nite to FunkyTown

BlackHelicopters
08-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Stay in Overland Park. Try to uber into stadium.

Kiimo
08-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Don't go to Independence or Raytown FFS

ChiefAshhole1056
08-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone, this was exactly what I was hoping for. Is there a public tailgate area or is it more of an invite thing? Feel like we definitely have to check that out.

SAUTO
08-10-2017, 02:47 PM
I stayed at the aladdin last night. 76 bucks. Can't beat it. Walked to sprint, power and light, then walked back. There are tons of things to do within walking distance.

An uber from there to the stadium is about 15 bucks iirc.

sedated
08-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Try to uber into stadium.

I thought there was some issue with Uber where they couldn't get into the stadium/parking lot. I think they have some deal with Z-trip.

sedated
08-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone, this was exactly what I was hoping for. Is there a public tailgate area or is it more of an invite thing? Feel like we definitely have to check that out.

I've never heard of a public one. People just tailgate with their groups.

Kiimo
08-10-2017, 03:11 PM

What kind of person are you? Do you have all your teeth? You should keep that in mind before taking some of these suggestions.

Just remember your audience.

http://jukeleft.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2012/08/RYHfG.jpeg

Rain Man
08-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Don't go to Independence or Raytown FFS

How is he supposed to learn about the policies and political history of Harry S Truman if he follows your advice?

Bugeater
08-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Everyone does their own thing, either on their own or in groups. Just get there a few hours early, bring a cooler, a grill and some food and you'll be good. Chat up the people around you, everyone is real cool there. You'll have fun.

And FWIW, the Staybridge I mentioned is closer to Blue Springs than Independence, so don't let that scare you.

BlackHelicopters
08-10-2017, 07:55 PM
You might want to consider taking $5 or $10 into the stadium as spending money.

lewdog
08-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Do you brothers want to have a good time or get laid?

TribalElder
08-10-2017, 09:15 PM
You might want to consider taking $5 or $10 into the stadium as spending money.

And don't forget to bring a roll of quarters for the pay toilets