PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rick Flair in critical condition

JakeF
08-16-2017, 02:53 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/16/ric-flairs-fiancee-medical-update-multiple-organ-problems/

RIC FLAIR, MULTIPLE ORGAN PROBLEMS ... Condition Critical
8/16/2017 1:31 PM PDT
Ric Flair is still in critical condition -- and suffering from "multiple organ problems," this according to the wrestler's fiancee.

"I have been unable to talk on the phone without crying and just feel shocked over events," Wendy Barlow said in a statement.

Barlow says she first took 68-year-old Flair to the hospital Friday night after he was complaining of severe abdominal pains ... and "from that moment on it all seems like a nightmare."

Barlow says Flair is now dealing with multiple organ problems -- but didn't specify exactly what he's been diagnosed with or what caused the problems in the first place.

"I want everyone to know he still needs prayers," Barlow said ... while noting that she hasn't left Flair's side and vows to give him "the best care possible."
As we previously reported, Flair was placed in a medically induced coma earlier this week and underwent a surgical procedure on Monday. No word if he's still in the coma.

https://media.tmz.com/2017/08/16/0816-wendy-barlow-ric-flair-facebook-3.jpg

LoneWolf
08-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Whooo!

In58men
08-16-2017, 02:59 PM
In before somebody blames steroids without factual proof

Tribal Warfare
08-16-2017, 03:02 PM

How about cocaine?

Rasputin
08-16-2017, 03:04 PM
I had him in my deadpool

Man I loved to hate the guy but then loved the guy too.

He is my favorite wrasler to hate but I hate see him going out like this. Always thought he would die in the ring.

Red Dawg
08-16-2017, 03:04 PM
Legend. Will be missed.

KCUnited
08-16-2017, 03:06 PM
How about cocaine?

Or DDT.

eDave
08-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Met him a number of times when I was a skycap at KCI. Always a pleasure and a great tipper. Great dude.

Tribal Warfare
08-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Or DDT.

How is Jake the Snake doing these days?

TLO
08-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Sad to hear

New World Order
08-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Met him a number of times when I was a skycap at KCI. Always a pleasure and a great tipper. Great dude.

Very cool

stevieray
08-16-2017, 03:16 PM

DDP was/is helping him rebuild his life.

New World Order
08-16-2017, 03:18 PM

I can't believe he's not dead.

Swanman
08-16-2017, 03:51 PM
DDP was/is helping him rebuild his life.

As well as Scott Hall. Both Jake and Scott seemed to be doing great but I haven't seen an update in a while. I know Scott had been spending a lot of time helping train his son Cody, who was wrestling in New Japan as part of Bullet Club, not sure if he still is.

WhawhaWhat
08-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Ric Flair.

BryanBusby
08-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Decades of drugs and alcohol.

stevieray
08-16-2017, 04:11 PM
As well as Scott Hall.

As you know, he made a huge difference in both men's lives.

It's heartwarming.

notorious
08-16-2017, 04:14 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1945966/81499115.gif

One of my favorites from when I was young.

GloucesterChief
08-16-2017, 04:18 PM
Decades of drugs and alcohol.

Yep. Painkillers and booze.

kc rush
08-16-2017, 04:38 PM
I was on a same flight as him from KC to Atlanta a few months ago. He was friendly with those that came up to him.

ptlyon
08-16-2017, 06:33 PM
An older friend of mine and his daughter were working a WWE or whatever venue here and he was a promoter or something. My friend said to his daughter would you like to go out for a smoke?

Ric overheard them and asked if he could come along. They said sure. Had a nice conversation with him and said he was real nice. That always impressed me.

BlackHelicopters
08-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Steroids and Cocaine?

Rasputin
08-16-2017, 09:05 PM
As well as Scott Hall. Both Jake and Scott seemed to be doing great but I haven't seen an update in a while. I know Scott had been spending a lot of time helping train his son Cody, who was wrestling in New Japan as part of Bullet Club, not sure if he still is.

Scott Hall is and always will be my favorite.

Rasputin
08-16-2017, 09:08 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1945966/81499115.gif

One of my favorites from when I was young.

His match against the Stinger before the Stinger went gothic was one of the best matches ever it ended with Sting putting him in the Scorpion hold but Ric Flair never tapped and time ran out for the match and he retained his belt.

I think The Sting was the first to ever get out of the figure four.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Flair has been an alcoholic for the better part of half a century. I'd be stunned if he didn't have cirrhosis and alcoholic cardiomyopathy.

KChiefs1
08-16-2017, 09:36 PM
https://youtu.be/hA0MTkHLO0g

Buehler445
08-16-2017, 09:55 PM
How about cocaine?

That's where my money is.

LeBatatd has him on quite a bit. My god he is funny. Great fucking stories. Way better than listening to them drone on about how they are intentionally bad at radio.

Mecca
08-17-2017, 05:08 PM
He actually does have alcoholic cardiomyopathy, his drinking has been really bad since his son died. Also he had a blockage and surgery on his bowels, the blockage caused organ damage, his kidneys shutdown and he's on dialysis.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
08-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Mecca is still alive

New World Order
08-17-2017, 05:18 PM
He actually does have alcoholic cardiomyopathy, his drinking has been really bad since his son died. Also he had a blockage and surgery on his bowels, the blockage caused organ damage, his kidneys shutdown and he's on dialysis.
Posted via Mobile Device

:(

thegame214
11-07-2017, 10:57 PM
30 for 30 tonight was incredible!

MOhillbilly
11-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Antifreeze

KChiefs1
11-07-2017, 11:14 PM
What a life. Can't believe he's lived this long.

Didn't have good things to say about KC.

rtmike
11-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

...growing up in western Kansas we didn't get the wrestling association channel he was in. We got All Star Wrestling back then.

Yeah, so he screwed up wasting his life away. He might have been sober and losing his kid, wow.

I loved watching his old school wrestling.

Best part is I'm pretty sure he's a southpaw!

RockChalk
11-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Didn't have good things to say about KC.

Really? I read an article/interview in GQ the other day and he complimented KC about a half dozen different times. Loved coming here and bought all of his suits (he had thousands) from Michael's.

ptlyon
11-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Really? I read an article/interview in GQ the other day and he complimented KC about a half dozen different times. Loved coming here and bought all of his suits (he had thousands) from Michael's.

Must've been talking about Kansas city KS then

DJ's left nut
11-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Yeah, the context suggested KCK; he would say how awful Kansas City and those little towns like Wichita, Atchison, etc... were and how tough it was playing to crowds of 200.

Seemed pretty clear he was talking about barnstorming tours through Kansas and some of those tiny little 'state fair' sized venues.

My takeaway from that documentary is that Flair is a broken, wasted human being and very probably an asshole. The documentary itself seemed like him making his last, best effort at proving he was still the larger than life figure he carried himself as for 40 years.

ptlyon
11-08-2017, 09:50 AM
An older friend of mine and his daughter were working a WWE or whatever venue here and he was a promoter or something. My friend said to his daughter would you like to go out for a smoke?

Ric overheard them and asked if he could come along. They said sure. Had a nice conversation with him and said he was real nice. That always impressed me.

ptlyon
11-08-2017, 09:51 AM
My takeaway from that documentary is that Flair is a broken, wasted human being and very probably an asshole. The documentary itself seemed like him making his last, best effort at proving he was still the larger than life figure he carried himself as for 40 years.

May be true, but I quoted myself from a previous post. :shrug:

GloucesterChief
11-08-2017, 09:58 AM

Other wrestlers have stated that Flair's problem is that he is the gimmick. Sure, the most successful gimmicks are parts of the wrestlers personality turned up full blast but no one lived the gimmick like Flair did and it has left him poor and with a bunch of health problems.

Mennonite
11-08-2017, 10:01 AM
My takeaway from that documentary is that Flair is a broken, wasted human being and very probably a stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun.

fyp

DJ's left nut
11-08-2017, 10:03 AM
May be true, but I quoted myself from a previous post. :shrug:

Nobody's ever questioned that he was the life of the party and an approachable guy, though. The problem seems to be that he's akin to a junky; he needs a fix constantly only his fix is attention/adrenaline. Without the spotlight, he resorts to remarkably self-destructive behavior.

Other wrestlers have stated that Flair's problem is that he is the gimmick. Sure, the most successful gimmicks are parts of the wrestlers personality turned up full blast but no one lived the gimmick like Flair did and it has left him poor and with a bunch of health problems.

The most stark contrast was the Undertaker. He's just sitting there in a sweatshirt talking like a guy. I'm not much of a wrestling guy but even I know how batshit bizarre the Undertaker's act is/was. With Flair, there doesn't seem to be a line of demarcation. He became his character and even celebrates it that fact.

Some part of you hopes that one day he realizes what he's lost because of that. Then again, another part of you hopes he never does because that is going to be one brutal dose of reality.

stevieray
11-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Nobody's ever questioned that he was the life of the party and an approachable guy, though. The problem seems to be that he's akin to a junky; he needs a fix constantly only his fix is attention/adrenaline. Without the spotlight, he resorts to remarkably self-destructive behavior.

X Factor

Red Dawg
11-08-2017, 10:12 AM

You got a beef with KCK bitch! How bout I thump yur skull for ya.

ptlyon
11-08-2017, 10:13 AM
You got a beef with KCK bitch! How bout I thump yur skull for ya.

No, that's where the Q is

Mennonite
11-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Some part of you hopes that one day he realizes what he's lost because of that.

The dude is too busy banging chicks and signing autographs for his millions of fans to even realize how miserable he is. Tragic. :deevee:

Stinger
11-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Yeah, the context suggested KCK; he would say how awful Kansas City and those little towns like Wichita, Atchison, etc... were and how tough it was playing to crowds of 200.

Seemed pretty clear he was talking about barnstorming tours through Kansas and some of those tiny little 'state fair' sized venues.

Taken from ESPN 30 for 30

On his obsession with women (he has four ex-wives): “Let me tell you something, if you’re wrestling and you’re in Hutchinson, Kansas, and you’re gonna spend the night there, I’m gonna find something to do. I’m not going through that night by myself.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/other-sports/article183044431.html#storylink=cpy

DJ's left nut
11-08-2017, 10:52 AM
The dude is too busy banging chicks and signing autographs for his millions of fans to even realize how miserable he is. Tragic. :deevee:

Glad he got to fuck a lot of chicks. I'm sure that made him feel better when his derelict parenting led to his son's death, especially now that his lifestyle choices have left him so broke that he forced to roll his 60 year old bones out there to literally get de-pantsed on television all for the benefit of the dozens of creditors lined up at his doorstep.

An aspirational life, indeed.

Red Dawg
11-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Fuck Rick Flair.

ModSocks
11-08-2017, 11:55 AM
. I'm sure that made him feel better when his derelict parenting led to his son's death

That's brutal, dude.

BlackHelicopters
11-08-2017, 12:29 PM
He’s no Wilt Chamberlain.

Kiimo
11-08-2017, 04:39 PM
KCK sucks. This isn't a revelation.

KCrockaholic
11-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Taken from ESPN 30 for 30

On his obsession with women (he has four ex-wives): “Let me tell you something, if you’re wrestling and you’re in Hutchinson, Kansas, and you’re gonna spend the night there, I’m gonna find something to do. I’m not going through that night by myself.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/other-sports/article183044431.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe I'm boring, but I would have no problem just heading back to the hotel and watching TV or whatever.

BlackHelicopters
11-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Shouldn’t be that tough to find quality nighttime “talent” in Hutchison.

KCrockaholic
11-08-2017, 04:55 PM
KCK is a little shit town, I wasn't even offended when he said that. Now imagine KCK 35-40 years ago. Ya, it was probably boring as shit.

PAChiefsGuy
11-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Glad he got to **** a lot of chicks. I'm sure that made him feel better when his derelict parenting led to his son's death, especially now that his lifestyle choices have left him so broke that he forced to roll his 60 year old bones out there to literally get de-pantsed on television all for the benefit of the dozens of creditors lined up at his doorstep.

An aspirational life, indeed.

I completely disagree with the whole 'derelict parenting' led to his son's death. I'm sure it didn't help but Ric had other kids who turned out fine. Reid's son died of a drug overdose as well. You can raise a kid perfectly fine and they can turn into a drug addict, gang members, serial killer etc... At the end day people have to take responsibility for their own lives.

Ric Flair isn't a bad dude. He was not the best parent. He wasn't the most moral guy but I don't think he's some piece of s**t like you are trying to make him out to be.

He lived a pretty cool life. He lived life in the fast lane. Not for everybody but he certainly has paid the price for it. No need to talk trash on the guy.

thegame214
11-08-2017, 07:05 PM
I completely disagree with the whole 'derelict parenting' led to his son's death. I'm sure it didn't help but Ric had other kids who turned out fine. Reid's son died of a drug overdose as well. You can raise a kid perfectly fine and they can turn into a drug addict, gang members, serial killer etc... At the end day people have to take responsibility for their own lives.

Ric Flair isn't a bad dude. He was not the best parent. He wasn't the most moral guy but I don't think he's some piece of s**t like you are trying to make him out to be.

He lived a pretty cool life. He lived life in the fast lane. Not for everybody but he certainly has paid the price for it. No need to talk trash on the guy.

Well said

Deberg_1990
11-08-2017, 07:31 PM

yep, he paid the price in exchange for living large and bringing joy to millions of fans.

There is always a give and take.

BryanBusby
11-08-2017, 08:05 PM

Ric Flair is a pretty shitty dude, but can't really comment one way or another on parenting ability.

scho63
11-08-2017, 08:41 PM
"I am a product of my choices not a victim of my circumstances".

No better line to describe the life of Ric Flair.

Some of you idiots need to learn how to spell his first name!

PAChiefsGuy
11-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Ric Flair is a pretty shitty dude, but can't really comment one way or another on parenting ability.

Now I don't know what he was like behind closed doors but based on that show I don't think he was a s***y dude at all. Bad husband, bad father yes but I don't think that makes him a bad person necessarily. His wife seemed pretty indifferent to his vices in the interview. It's not like he was out beating women or doing anything seriously bad when he partied.

He just liked to party and enjoyed attention too much. The only person he really hurt was himself. He obviously was very generous with his money and his friends all love him.

WOOOOO!