PDA

View Full Version : Misc FedEx sucks!

Lzen
08-21-2017, 08:21 AM
I want to share my horrible experience with FedEx so that maybe, just maybe someone can avoid having this kind of crap happen to them.

I ordered something on Wednesday that was big and...let's just say that it was not cheap. It came in 2 pieces and the tracking showed that it was scheduled to be delivered Friday. I live about 10 minutes from where I work and I planned to just watch the tracking and run home when it was delivered. At this point I should note that I know what you're thinking and no, I did not choose the signature requirement. But there is a good reason for that. I had a phone repaired and delivered back to me through FedEx a few months ago. Let's just say that was a huge hassle because of the signature requirement, the fact that I work during the day, and the fact that they wouldn't release it to me at the facility without the company's approval.

Shortly after 9am the tracking showed the item had been delivered. I assumed both items would be delivered at the same time. I took my break early and I went home. Only the smaller item had been delivered. I did a chat with a FedEx agent and they informed me that the other item would be on another truck and that it was being loaded at that time. I was fine with that other than it meant that I would have to leave work again when the other item was delivered.

Around 11:20 the other item showed that it had been delivered. I took an early lunch and went home to retrieve the item. When I got there the package was nowhere to be found. I looked around in the house to see if perhaps my wife had come home and pulled it into the house. Nope. I called her and asked if she had it or had seen it. She had been home around the time it was delivered (she works only a couple of minutes from home) but she did not see anyone deliver anything.

At this point I wondered if somebody stole it (not likely as I have neighbors that watch and it was a large, heavy item) or if FedEx was mixed up and didn't actually deliver it (most likely). I called them to inform them that the package was never delivered to my house. They said they will start an investigation and they will call me back by the end of the day. That was on Friday. I still have not heard back from them.

So here is what happened. My son got a call or text from the neighborhood kid they grew up with and he said if your dad(me) wants his package, his next door neighbor said to tell him that he has it. They delivered the package to the wrong address. FedEx delivered the not so cheap item to the WRONG FREAKING HOUSE!

The shipping label was still on the box with the correct address, but they delivered it to a house that was across the street and 6 houses down. Another thing of note is that there was an address written in Sharpie on the side of the box that was a house that is somewhere between my address and the address they delivered the package to. I have no idea who wrote that on there or why they did that. It doesn't make any sense since the shipping label was there with the correct address.

FedEx was a big-time failure on this shipment. Luckily the house they delivered it to was a friendly neighbor. Imagine if they had delivered it to someone who was unscrupulous. So yes, it is in my possession but this was a bunch of nonsense that should not happen with a professional delivery company. I will not be using FedEx in the future and I will inform everyone I know in person and on social media about this terrible experience with FedEx.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-21-2017, 08:27 AM
It was that damn Freighters

loochy
08-21-2017, 08:27 AM
I've never understood what is so hard about reading the address on the box, then reading the address on the house or mailbox, then putting the right package or mail at the right place

:shrug:

loochy
08-21-2017, 08:28 AM
And, for what it's worth, I've never had problems with FedEx. I have, however, dealt with many problems from UPS and Post Office.

Bowser
08-21-2017, 08:30 AM
:shake:

BlackHelicopters
08-21-2017, 08:55 AM
FedEx controlled by mob.

Bowser
08-21-2017, 09:01 AM
And, for what it's worth, I've never had problems with FedEx. I have, however, dealt with many problems from UPS and Post Office.

Probably because you claimed you never received you Anal Intruder 3000 when it was really sitting on your front porch so you could get reimbursed the cost of it, right? Win-win!

Fish
08-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Trump...

gblowfish
08-21-2017, 09:06 AM
Over the years I've dealt with USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, different LTL companies here at work. The one thing that is a given is, they all have good and bad days. And they'll all screw you on a job at some point. It's just part of the square dance.

loochy
08-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Probably because you claimed you never received you Anal Intruder 3000 when it was really sitting on your front porch so you could get reimbursed the cost of it, right? Win-win!

That thing is pretty awesome by the way. I gave it 4 stars on Amazon.
Posted via Mobile Device