PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Starting OL has been great thus far

RunKC
08-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Especially last night in the run game. There were a handful of plays where the interior OL kicked ass and Ware/Hunt weren't touched until they were already 2 yards in, resulting in 4-6 yard gains.
Pass pro was solid as well.

This looks like a top 10 caliber OL

notorious
08-27-2017, 09:10 AM
They were owning Seattle's front, especially in the rushing game.

RunKC
08-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Here's a couple by Seth Keysor. Great push. Hunt wasn't touched until about 3 yards

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/901547644895584258

Just beautiful. Not even touched until he reached the first down.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/901514478805823489

Amazing job here. 4 yards before any contact.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/901511587663630337

Red Dawg
08-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Better hope they all stay healthy. The back ups couldn't block an old lady in a wheel chair.

Rausch
08-27-2017, 09:14 AM
Starting O line has looked great.

2nd team has looked like hammered $#it vs. every team we've played...

staylor26
It could get better with Ehinger too IMO

Rausch
Better hope they all stay healthy. The back ups couldn't block an old lady in a wheel chair.

From dandelions...

Chief Roundup
08-27-2017, 09:16 AM
last night.....We played back to back games on back to back nights? :D

RunKC
08-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Not worried about the backup OL if Ehinger is back to normal. Witzmann looks like a solid starter so far and Fulton is an okay backup.

Biggest issue IMO is blocking from our TE's. It's still bad

Rausch
08-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Not worried about the backup OL if Ehinger is back to normal. Witzmann looks like a solid starter so far and Fulton is an okay backup.

Fulton is EXCELLENT as a b/u C.

I truly hope he's our first option there (over G) should injuries happen...

RunKC
08-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Also to note, Hunt would have had 5+ YPC if Kelce doesn't miss that block that resulted in an impossible situation in that 4 yard loss.

Instead ended with 4.3 YPC

Chiefshrink
08-27-2017, 09:25 AM
It could get better with Ehinger too IMO

He will definitely be stronger in the upper body not getting tossed around like a rag doll increasing his bench press by at least 30%. He has had plenty of time to work the upper body. :thumb:;)

What sucks is that he only has 6 NFL games under his belt and is still a rookie experientially who will make more mistakes as a 2nd yr player than your average 2nd yr starting o-lineman.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2017, 09:29 AM

Basketball players don't block. TG and AG have been the only BB players that finally evolved into decent blockers but it took them a long time. That is our problem. We need a Jason Dunn type of TE on this team.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-27-2017, 09:44 AM
What good is a top 10 O line when your back avoids the holes they create.

NJChiefsFan
08-27-2017, 09:46 AM

Yeah if Ehinger gets back Witzmann will be a solid backup. Between him and Fulton our interior backup isn't terrible. Our tackles going down would be a bigger problem.

Buckweath
08-27-2017, 10:03 AM
You guys can talk about that Oline all you want but this is Alex Smith behind that line. Lol jk.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2017, 10:08 AM
You guys can talk about that Oline all you want but this is Alex Smith behind that line. Lol jk.

True but here is the deal, if we can actually run between the 20's we won't have to see AS's ineptness until the red zone as the defenses tighten up the box preventing the run only to see AS attempt to make a play.:D

milkman
08-27-2017, 10:13 AM
True but here is the deal, if we can actually run between the 20's we won't have to see AS's ineptness until the red zone as the defenses tighten up the box preventing the run only to see AS attempt to make a play.:D

This is an Andy Reid team.
He is going to pass the ball.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2017, 10:15 AM
This should help the "connection" flourish when the real games start.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2017, 10:20 AM

Probably so but I would like to see more run especially if we "can run" and would like to see more pass once the torch is passed to "myhomey". And with that said, I think we all would like to see that torch passed sooner than later "now" that we know he is picking up the playbook and defensive reads in lightening fashion.:D

notorious
08-27-2017, 10:25 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/281akc8.gif

milkman
08-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Probably so but I would like to see more run especially if we "can run" and would like to see more pass once the torch is passed to "myhomey". And with that said, I think we all would like to see that torch passed sooner than later "now" that we know he is picking up the playbook and defensive reads in lightening fashion.:D

As much as I believe that Smith is just a mediocre QB that will hold this team back, I am also in no rush to get Mahomes on the field this season.

I am pleased with his progress thus far, but he still shows that he has a lot of work left.

Let's burn that bridge when it's the right time.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2017, 10:55 AM
, I am also in no rush to get Mahomes on the field this season.

I am pleased with his progress thus far, but he still shows that he has a lot of work left.

Let's burn that bridge when it's the right time.

Totally agree, no doubt. BUT if AS plays that bad/injured, AR will not have a choice and the beauty of all this for me is that I really don't worry about this kid "being on the big stage" too soon. This kid is not afraid at all and the biggest plus this kid has is he is not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. That is HUGE !! This kid's got enthusiastic brass balls and will swing'em at any time regardless(not fearing to make a mistake). He is just learning when to swing'em and when not to do this.

RealSNR
08-27-2017, 10:55 AM
With Ehinger and Fulton, is there room for Jah Reid on the roster at all? Particularly if Ehinger is our swing tackle?

Reid is a competent backup guard, but we've already got two of them. I'd just as soon cut Reid.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2017, 10:56 AM
With Ehinger and Fulton, is there room for Jah Reid on the roster at all? Particularly if Ehinger is our swing tackle?

Reid is a competent backup guard, but we've already got two of them. I'd just as soon cut Reid.

Reid won't be cut. AR likes him regardless.

KChiefs1
08-27-2017, 11:32 AM

This

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Chiefs Fan hated the Morse pick.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2017, 12:12 PM

This is the way I saw it a few days ago in the Roster Prediction thread. I think Devey is cut before Reid, which would leave them with eight, if they decide to go that way.

OT: Fisher, Schwartz, Reid
G: LDT, Witzmann, Fulton, Ehinger,
C: Morse, Devey