PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Does Tamba make the cut?

gblowfish
08-30-2017, 10:53 AM
At this point, I'd say he's about 50-50. How many linebackers can we carry that have health issues from week to week? If you can only put him in maybe 10 plays a game, I'd rather break in one of the new guys. Thoughts?

Skyy God
08-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Cap hit is untenable, so......

The Franchise
08-30-2017, 10:55 AM

Not if we find a trade partner.

Sandy Vagina
08-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Honest first reaction was a song:

" Go if you wanna go
Stay if you wanna stay
I didn't care if you hung around
I didn't care if you went away "

DaWolf
08-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Not if we find a trade partner.

Doubt anyone trades for that contract. We probably keep him as you need depth with your pass rushers, and cutting him saves us little...

ThaVirus
08-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Wonder what it'd take for a team like the Browns to take the trade and cap hit.

They'd get a guy who's obviously old and informed but can contribute and mentor. Plus, probably a pick.

We'd be free of that shit contract.

BossChief
08-30-2017, 11:10 AM
I don't think he's going to be on the team this year.

Not a peep about him since his twitter nonsense.

No practices
No pup

It's odd that none of the reporters have asked about him.

KChiefs1
08-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Who?

Danguardace
08-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Wonder what it'd take for a team like the Browns to take the trade and cap hit.

They'd get a guy who's obviously old and informed but can contribute and mentor. Plus, probably a pick.

We'd be free of that shit contract.

Shame we couldn't have packaged something for Haden.

Aspengc8
08-30-2017, 11:15 AM
After watching Ford struggle against Seattles #2 left tackle, I'd keep him around.

Marcellus
08-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Its an $8.8MM cap hit if we cut him or trade him, it would eat every $ in cap space we have, he isn't going anywhere. Period.

The Franchise
08-30-2017, 11:39 AM
Its an $8.8MM cap hit if we cut him or trade him, it would eat every $ in cap space we have, he isn't going anywhere. Period.

Not true.

If we trade him....we would have roughly $3M in dead money but gain almost $5.5M in cap space.

Titty Meat
08-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Nobody is going to trade for him

ptlyon
08-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Nobody is going to trade for him

The redskins? They'll never go for it! Then again, they might. Little red devils.

Marcellus
08-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Not true.

If we trade him....we would have roughly $3M in dead money but gain almost $5.5M in cap space.

Ah shit yea I forgot to change the selection to trade on the chart.

Aint nobody doing that.

Thanks Dorsey.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 12:06 PM
At this point, I'd say he's about 50-50. How many linebackers can we carry that have health issues from week to week? If you can only put him in maybe 10 plays a game, I'd rather break in one of the new guys. Thoughts?
Gain 1.2m in cap space with cut

KranzDictum
08-30-2017, 12:13 PM
After watching Ford struggle against Seattles #2 left tackle, I'd keep him around.

Also how the Bungles were able to neutralize Houston with a RT one on one, some chipping, and a pulling guard. Houston is still very good against the run and knows how to stay clean in the wash but unless they flip a switch in the RS sacks are going to be hard to come by.

Halfcan
08-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Hali has just disappeared since his Twitter rant.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Hali has just disappeared since his Twitter rant.Maybe he was embarrassed or maybe the Chiefs asked him to cool it.

FloridaMan88
08-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Hali is beyond done... cut him.

The Patriots would have cut a dead weight player like Hali two years ago.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 12:53 PM

The Patriots would have cut a dead weight player like Hali two years ago.

They can't cut him.

They'd take a $7.34 million dollar cap charge.

Urc Burry
08-30-2017, 01:01 PM
I think this is Hali, DJ's, and Smith's last year in a chiefs uniform. If my math is right we will save ~32 mil next year with them off the team

Chiefshrink
08-30-2017, 01:14 PM

and why Veach's recent aggressiveness is a big tell IMHO.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2017, 01:21 PM
You forgot to drink your ensure today?

Red Dawg
08-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Dorsey fucked us hard with the cap. Hali is uncutable.

Red Dawg
08-30-2017, 01:35 PM
I think this is Hali, DJ's, and Smith's last year in a chiefs uniform. If my math is right we will save ~32 mil next year with them off the team

No doubt it will the older players last ride.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Probably

Hali - age
DJ - age
Smith - trade(hopefully)

We are going to need a big chunk of change for a new contract for Peters soon.

Several FAs in 2018: (some we won't want to keep)
Dee Ford
Allen Bailey
Bennie Logan
Colquitt
Santos
Albert Wilson
Sherman
Bray
Spiller
Acker
Mitchell
Ramik Wilson
Jarvis Jenkons
Rakeem Nunez-Roches

RippedmyFlesh
08-30-2017, 01:37 PM
I don't know what to think of Hali situation. I just assumed last year that health was the reason he wasn't on the field but when he said it was coaching decision I was surprised.
Like Dane said it's impossible to cut him unless Veach can do voodoo economics.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Probably

Hali - age
DJ - age
Smith - trade(hopefully)

We are going to need a big chunk of change for a new contract for Peters soon.

Several FAs in 2018: (some we won't want to keep)
Dee Ford
Allen Bailey
Bennie Logan
Colquitt
Santos
Albert Wilson
Sherman
Bray
Spiller
Acker
Mitchell
Ramik Wilson
Jarvis Jenkons
Rakeem Nunez-Roches

Holy shit. What the fuck?

Dee Ford got the 5th year option. He'll be a Chief in 2018. Same with RNR, Ramik Wilson and Allen Bailey.

You fucking suck at this.

Black Bob
08-30-2017, 01:51 PM
Tamba is our best ROLB. Ford and Houston Don't do much on that side. Neither have stepped up and taken that position and their production comes at LOLB. We need a ROLB bad.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Holy shit. What the fuck?

Dee Ford got the 5th year option. He'll be a Chief in 2018. Same with RNR, Ramik Wilson and Allen Bailey.

You fucking suck at this.
They don't show options on Over-The-Cap

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 01:53 PM
They don't show options on Over-The-Cap

Good fucking god, please, just stop.

Allen Bailey is the 9th highest paid Chief in 2018.

The others were drafted in 2015.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Good fucking god, please, just stop.

Allen Bailey is the 9th highest paid Chief in 2018.

The others were drafted in 2015.
Why do you have to be such a complete asshole?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Why do you have to be such a complete asshole?

Why do you have post stupid shit constantly?

You're worse than fucking Penbrook.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 01:59 PM
Why do you have post stupid shit constantly?

You're worse than fucking Penbrook.
Doesn't change the fact that you're a complete asshole for no reason other than you're emotionally troubled. Go back on your medication and relax.

I checked spotrac and only Ford's option has been picked up so far. So that list is accurate until the Chiefs decide to pick them up.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 02:06 PM
Doesn't change the fact that you're a complete asshole for no reason other than you're emotionally troubled. Go back on your medication and relax.

I checked spotrac and only Ford's option has been picked up so far. So that list is accurate until the Chiefs decide to pick them up.

LMAO

Oh, JFC. The players were drafted in 2015 and signed to three year deals but the Chiefs have their rights for year four.

Stop posting out of your ass and learn the details, you buttfucking moron.

Oh, and PS - I'm nice to anyone and everyone that isn't a fucking drooling Mongo, like you.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 02:14 PM
LMAO

Oh, JFC. The players were drafted in 2015 and signed to three year deals but the Chiefs have their rights for year four.

Stop posting out of your ass and learn the details, you buttfucking moron.

Oh, and PS - I'm nice to anyone and everyone that isn't a fucking drooling Mongo, like you.
Oh bullshit, you're not nice to anyone that I've seen. You a raging douchebag because you enjoy it. I can go back and put the RFA's in red if it will loosen your depends a bit. :shake:

BlackHelicopters
08-30-2017, 02:31 PM
He is cut

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Oh bullshit, you're not nice to anyone that I've seen. You a raging douchebag because you enjoy it. I can go back and put the RFA's in red if it will loosen your depends a bit. :shake:

:facepalm:

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-30-2017, 03:18 PM
LMAO

Stop posting out of your ass and learn the details, you butt****ing moron.

Oh, and PS - I'm nice to anyone and everyone that isn't a ****ing drooling Mongo, like you.

ROFL.

ModSocks
08-30-2017, 05:14 PM
You a raging douchebag because you enjoy it.

Who doesn't enjoy being a raging douchebag on a BB? It's one of my favorite pastimes.

JakeF
08-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Who doesn't enjoy being a raging douchebag on a BB? It's one of my favorite pastimes.
Fair point :D

Reerun_KC
08-30-2017, 05:23 PM

The Patriots would have cut a dead weight player like Hali two years ago.Exactly, the emotional connection to players past their prime kills this franchise it seems like every year.

ThaVirus
08-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Also how the Bungles were able to neutralize Houston with a RT one on one, some chipping, and a pulling guard. Houston is still very good against the run and knows how to stay clean in the wash but unless they flip a switch in the RS sacks are going to be hard to come by.

Keep telling yourself that, you ignorant slut.

Sorter
08-30-2017, 06:49 PM

Dane has always been pleasant to me.

seclark
08-30-2017, 06:55 PM
LMAO

Stop posting out of your ass and learn the details, you butt****ing moron.

Oh, and PS - I'm nice to anyone and everyone that isn't a ****ing drooling Mongo, like you.

dane brought fuckin snicker doodles to my grandkids church camp down in witchita after the damn tornado ripped down the holiday inn next to the caseys on the fuckin freeway. i got his back. he's always been there for me.
sec

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Exactly, the emotional connection to players past their prime kills this franchise it seems like every year.

And once again, the CHIEFS CAN'T CUT HIM.

The cap hit would leave them with less than $1 million in reserves.

lewdog
08-30-2017, 07:06 PM
And once again, the CHIEFS CAN'T CUT HIM.

The cap hit would leave them with less than $1 million in reserves.

What if they put him on the PUP?

Deberg_1990
08-30-2017, 07:08 PM
High motor guy.

He makes the cut

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 07:08 PM
What if they put him on the PUP?

I believe he's still on the PUP list but regardless, he still counts against the cap

lewdog
08-30-2017, 07:10 PM
I believe he's still on the PUP list but regardless, he still counts against the cap

Right but it opens up a roster spot? And if you think he's not going to perform well and be a distraction, it could be more useful than cutting him which seems out of the question?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 07:11 PM
Right but it opens up a roster spot? And if you think he's not going to perform well and be a distraction, it could be more useful than cutting him which seems out of the question?

Sure, I suppose they could leave him on the PUP for six weeks to start the season but based on his Twitter rage, if he's healthy, he might cause even more damage than he's worth.

lewdog
08-30-2017, 07:19 PM
Sure, I suppose they could leave him on the PUP for six weeks to start the season but based on his Twitter rage, if he's healthy, he might cause even more damage than he's worth.

That's true too.

Hard to know and hard to judge whether he's actually ready to contribute this year on the field physically, let alone mentally.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2017, 07:20 PM
That's true too.

Hard to know and hard to judge whether he's actually ready to contribute this year on the field physically, let alone mentally.

He seemed pretty unhinged during hit Twitter rant.

While I don't disagree with some of the things he said, especially about Adam Teicher, it was truly unprofessional.

Rasputin
08-30-2017, 08:17 PM
WWBVD

BlackOp
08-31-2017, 01:31 AM
While I don't disagree with some of the things he said, especially about Adam Teicher, it was truly unprofessional.

Its strange times when being honest is punished...and lying is seen as being a consummate professional.