PDA

View Full Version : Football Patriots trade Jacoby Brisett to Colts for Phillip Dorsett

Dante84
09-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Per twitter

Dante84
Now he's gonna be a star. Fucking Pats.

notorious
:hmmm:

TLO
09-02-2017, 12:03 PM
:Pinky:

Simply Red
09-02-2017, 12:04 PM
we'll b fine

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Dorsett has been a bust.

Brissett has upside.

I'm surprised BB traded him. I guess they're going to Franchise Garapollo next year.

Red Dawg
09-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Colts are so stupid. Brisset is not even NFL talent.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Colts are so stupid. Brisset is not even NFL talent.

Oh, good god

Sandy Vagina
09-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Brady needs MOAR weapons! :(

Direckshun
09-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Chiefs and the Pats thinking the same thing: I wonder if we could dig the talent out of these guys.

It's possible. But I like our chances with Erving more.

Keep in mind, Dorsett was awful in Indy -- with Andrew Luck.

Hoopsdoc
09-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Dorsett has been a bust.

Brissett has upside.

I'm surprised BB traded him. I guess they're going to Franchise Garapollo next year.

Dorsett hasn't been utilized properly. If the rumors are true and the Pats have him returning kicks, he may yet make some noise. He is really fast.

Brissett will never see the field in Indy. Luck will be back soon and Stephen Morris has looked very good the past 2 preseasons. They also have Tolzien.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Dorsett hasn't been utilized properly. If the rumors are true and the Pats have him returning kicks, he may yet make some noise. He is really fast.

Brissett will never see the field in Indy. Luck will be back soon and Stephen Morris has looked very good the past 2 preseasons. They also have Tolzien.

Pure and utter speculation.

And Dorsett has been a bust.

Hoopsdoc
09-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Pure and utter speculation.

And Dorsett has been a bust.

I don't disagree that Dorsett has been a bust.

And theres no way Brisset makes it on the field unless Luck goes on IR.

Rausch
09-02-2017, 02:37 PM

Fingers crossed!

:)

Red Dawg
09-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Oh, good god

Well he isn't. He throws the ball at a Tebow level of bad.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2017, 03:11 PM
I don't disagree that Dorsett has been a bust.

It was a good trade for the Colts.

RunKC
09-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Hoodie takes nobodies or reclamation projects all the time and they mostly work out.

Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman immediately come to mind. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Hoodie make Dorsett a weapon.

Hoopsdoc
09-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Fingers crossed!

:)

They just took him off the PUP list, actually. He can start practicing but he's still not likely to play week 1.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Brissett will never see the field in Indy.

Oops.

The Colts won this trade by a wide margain

Hoopsdoc
09-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Oops.

Yeah, I screwed the pooch on that one.

He's looked really good today. He needs to work on his accuracy and getting rid of the ball sooner but I think he could be a decent starter in the NFL.

Amnorix
09-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Oops.

They may in the long run, but the Patriots had no use for Brissett unless Brady and Garoppollo get hurt, and the Pats dressed all of THREE WRs, including Dorsett, last week against New Orleans, so clearly there is a need for a WR.

I think I'll give it more than three games before deciding who won the trade. The Colts may well win it in the long run -- God knows receivers often struggle with the Pats playbook. Time will tell.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2017, 02:46 PM
They may in the long run, but the Patriots had no use for Brissett unless Brady and Garoppollo get hurt, and the Pats dressed all of THREE WRs, including Dorsett, last week against New Orleans, so clearly there is a need for a WR.

I think I'll give it more than three games before deciding who won the trade. The Colts may well win it in the long run -- God knows receivers often struggle with the Pats playbook. Time will tell.

The Patriots traded a 2nd year QB with massive upside, who's biggest supporter is Bill Parcells, for a guy that can only be labeled as a bust.

Brissett won yesterday and played well the week before.

Since QB is the most important player on the field, bar none, it's clear that this is already a win for the Colts.

MahomesMagic
09-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Brissett is a nice player. He looked bad last year because he had an injury. Don't think he has high upside but he can be a useful backup who can start for a few games when your main guy goes down.

Hoopsdoc
09-25-2017, 05:38 PM

Always wondered why they spent a 3rd round pick on him.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Always wondered why they spent a 3rd round pick on him.

From my understanding, Parcells was in Belichick's ear, constantly raving about him.

Also with the Pats possibly facing a long term Brady suspension in 2016, drafting a guy that could backup Garopollo made sense.

Amnorix
09-25-2017, 09:33 PM
From my understanding, Parcells was in Belichick's ear, constantly raving about him.

Also with the Pats possibly facing a long term Brady suspension in 2016, drafting a guy that could backup Garopollo made sense.

Both Parcells and Charlie Weis are big fans of Brissett, and both I think have opinions that Belichick values.

Patriots typically have more picks than average (the 2017 draft was obviously an exception) and have generally done a good job of drafting QBs who had value as backups and sometimes could even be subsequently traded for value.
BB has never been shy about investing in the QB position.

Amnorix
09-25-2017, 09:35 PM
The Patriots traded a 2nd year QB with massive upside, who's biggest supporter is Bill Parcells, for a guy that can only be labeled as a bust.

Brissett won yesterday and played well the week before.

Since QB is the most important player on the field, bar none, it's clear that this is already a win for the Colts.

Dorsett was a bust with the Colts, no question, but for all we know he could turn into something good with better coaching and a better overall system. If you don't mind I'll reserve judgment for a little while longer.

I like Brissett, but don't see him ever evolving into a good starting QB in the NFL. But again, time will tell on that also.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Dorsett was a bust with the Colts, no question, but for all we know he could turn into something good with better coaching and a better overall system. If you don't mind I'll reserve judgment for a little while longer.

It's all good, I just don't see a productive player. He's a straight line guy with average hands, below average size and has been a disappointment to date.

Those guys don't usually figure it out.

I like Brissett, but don't see him ever evolving into a good starting QB in the NFL. But again, time will tell on that also.

Brissett has the ability to become a "good QB", especially considering the state of NFL QB's where guys like Josh McCown, Jay Cutler (and even Ryan Tannehill), Tyrod Taylor, Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon and Brian Hoyer currently starting for NFL franchises.

Brissett can be those guys, for sure. And there's value in that, especially when swapping for a bust like Dorsett.

ChiefGator
09-26-2017, 03:26 AM
Brissett can be those guys, for sure. And there's value in that, especially when swapping for a bust like Dorsett.

Well, the value is determined by the market, and there was apparently very little market for Brissett. And he provided very little value to the Patriots really.

Hoopsdoc
09-26-2017, 03:15 PM

17-24 259 yards 1td passing 2 rushing 120 qb rating in his 4th NFL start is pretty damn good. Especially when you consider he's only been there 3 weeks.