PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ron Parker listed as questionable

JakeF
09-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Chiefs injury report: Ron Parker is questionable for Thursday
By: Wesley Roesch | 1 minute ago

On Tuesday, coach Andy Reid said there were no injuries and that the whole team would be good for Thursday’s game against the New England Patriots.

It turns out that’s not exactly the case, as one key Chiefs player is listed as questionable on the injury report: safety Ron Parker.

Parker practiced at a limited capacity this week with an ankle injury. The fact that he practiced means he’ll probably be okay barring any setbacks, but his status is worth monitoring closely. The Chiefs are already weak in the secondary with cornerback Steven Nelson on injured reserve.

Meanwhile, left guard Parker Ehinger and linebacker Reggie Ragland are doubtful for the game. We already knew it would be a long shot for those two as they’re both still recovering from knee injuries.

BJ Kissel ✔ @ChiefsReporter
OL Parker Ehinger and LB Reggie Ragland are listed as doubtful for tomorrow's game, while DB Ron Parker (ankle) is listed as questionable.
10:54 AM - Sep 6, 2017

The good news is cornerback Terrance Mitchell, kicker Cairo Santos and tight end Travis Kelce don’t have a designation so those guys are good to go Thursday. Mitchell will likely start opposite Marcus Peters at the right CB spot, but he could see time as the nickel CB as well.

TLO
09-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Hope Mitchell and Parker are both ready to go. They'll be tested

Mephistopheles Janx
09-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Ron Parker... the most OK player we have ever had at Safety.

Rain Man
09-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Questionable is bad. We want certain.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 11:01 AM

Most underrated player on this team

staylor26
09-06-2017, 11:11 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/JinxAverage/status/903718578360385536?s=09

He's better than "OK"

He's one of the best coverage safeties in the league. Just look at those man and zone QB ratings.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 11:13 AM

He's better than "OK"

He's one of the best coverage safeties in the league. Just look at those man and zone QB ratings.

I've said before he is a top 5 FS

scho63
09-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Point spread probably gonna jump to 10 points

Hammock Parties
09-06-2017, 11:42 AM

He's such a weird category of player.

It's like I want to troll him because he's never going to make a Pro Bowl and occasionally his tackling is shitty, and then he'll come up with a badass pick at the oddest time.

Literally Ron Parker:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/945/794/4f8.gif

The Alex Smith of safeties.

staylor26
09-06-2017, 12:00 PM

It's like I want to troll him because he's never going to make a Pro Bowl and occasionally his tackling is shitty, and then he'll come up with a badass pick at the oddest time.

Literally Ron Parker:

Zone targets: 57
Zone Passer Rating: 69.6

Man targets: 70
Man Passer rating: 65.8

Thanks for admitting you're a troll, and exposing your ability, or lack thereof, to evaluate to talent

penbrook
09-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Literally Ron Parker:

Wait did you just say the Alex Smith of safeties? I don't remember being a top 5 guy at his position and Parker is as a FS

Bewbies
09-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Claytex is the Chiefs version of Knowmo. There's no way either guy watches football with his eyes open.

PAChiefsGuy
09-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Ron Parker is a good player and I hope he is out there... I feel like he has really good hands for a defensive player.

It's crazy how much better he has gotten over the years. Going from getting cut by the Seahawks to where he is today shows a lot of hard work and dedication. Good for him.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Ron Parker is a good player and I hope he is out there... I feel like he has really good hands for a defensive player.

It's crazy how much better he has gotten over the years. Going from getting cut by the Seahawks to where he is today shows a lot of hard work and dedication. Good for him.

He's one of my fav players. So underrated. We're screwed if he's out tommorow. That means Eric "Missing tackles" Murray will be starting with Sorenson in Nickel packages. However Mitchell will be starting so I feel a little better. Gaines played his best as the slot corner.

Kiimo
09-06-2017, 12:24 PM
We better hope our DL can get to Brady because I'm having a bad feeling he's going to chew us up if they don't.

Hammock Parties
09-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Zone targets: 57
Zone Passer Rating: 69.6

Man targets: 70
Man Passer rating: 65.8

Thanks for admitting you're a troll, and exposing your ability, or lack thereof, to evaluate to talent

He's good in coverage. I don't think he's a particularly good tackler and I can't ever remember him leveling a player.

He's a solid starter without elite physical skills who probably only has one or two years before he'll start to turn into a liability due to a dropoff in talent.

You are overrating him. Try to moderate your opinions. Not every player is a Pro Bowler.

jjchieffan
09-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Wait did you just say the Alex Smith of safeties? I don't remember being a top 5 guy at his position and Parker is as a FS

I was actually surprised that he used the phrase not exciting, but nice, then called him the Alex Smith of Safeties. That may be the most positive think that Clay has ever said about Alex Smith.

staylor26
09-06-2017, 12:28 PM
He's good in coverage. I don't think he's a particularly good tackler and I can't ever remember him leveling a player.

He's a solid starter without elite physical skills who probably only has one or two years before he'll start to turn into a liability due to a dropoff in talent.

You are overrating him. Try to moderate your opinions. Not every player is a Pro Bowler.

I never said he was a Pro Bowler. I honestly don't give a shit about that label.

I said he was one of the best coverage safeties in the NFL. Does he miss tackles? Yes. But he's an adequate tackler for the most part. He's a FS, not a SS.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Parker led the NFL for a safety last year in pass breakups in 8

Hammock Parties
09-06-2017, 12:33 PM
I never said he was a Pro Bowler. I honestly don't give a shit about that label.

I said he was one of the best coverage safeties in the NFL. Does he miss tackles? Yes. But he's an adequate tackler for the most part. He's a FS, not a SS.

You were attacking me as if my opinion was wrong. It's not. He's a decent player, but kind of a one trick pony.

PFF has him ranked 23rd among safeties and I'd say that's accurate.

jjchieffan
09-06-2017, 12:35 PM
You were attacking me as if my opinion was wrong. It's not. He's a decent player, but kind of a one trick pony.

Force of habit Clay. You're wrong so much of the time that every time you post, we expect to see something else that is way off base.

Rain Man
09-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Parker's not a guy who makes highlight reels because he knocks passes down more than intercepting and he tackles guys without making knockout hits. That's not going to get him pro bowls, but he holds up his end of the defense just fine.

Simply Red
09-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Thank God for Patrick Surtain - that signing is looking better and better, each day!

RunKC
09-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Parker is a top 6-8 cover safety IMO. He's not a great tackler or hitter, but that's just fine when Eric Berry is playing with you.

He's like the Eric Fisher of the defense. Good player, will never be a pro bowler or all pro, but very valuable because the position is not easy to find and you really see how valuable they are when they aren't playing.

notorious
09-06-2017, 12:41 PM
It's a nod to Bellichick. When a player is at 98% you list him as questionable to fuck with people.

staylor26
09-06-2017, 12:41 PM

Of course you would, that's what you base your football takes on. Like KnowMo. How sad.

He's a top 5 safety in both man and zone passer rating. His tackling is adequate, and he plays a position where coverage is #1.

He's definitely a top 15 safety in the NFL.

You continue to show that you don't know shit aside from what PFF tells you and admitted you're just a troll.

Hammock Parties
09-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Of course you would, that's what you base your football takes on. Like KnowMo. How sad.

I don't. I base them on what I see on the field. PFF only validates my opinions.

I see a player who is good in coverage but not really good at anything else.

That's 23rd out of all safeties, putting him in the 10-15 range at FS.

I think that's fair, but every Chiefs starter is a top 10 player to some of you.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 12:45 PM
I don't. I base them on what I see on the field. PFF only validates my opinions.

I see a player who is good in coverage but not really good at anything else.

That's 23rd out of all safeties, putting him in the 10-15 range at FS.

I think that's fair, but every Chiefs starter is a top 10 player to some of you.

Top 10 Player on the Chiefs at there positions. Sherman, Hill, Kelce, Morse, LDT, Schwartz, Houston, Peters, Berry, Santos, Colquitt

tatorhog
09-06-2017, 01:21 PM
If he's out, can we bring back Pollard for a 1 game deal?

At least this time, they done traded Brisket already, and Mahomes > Garapolo so we should be safe on that front.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 01:28 PM
If he's out, can we bring back Pollard for a 1 game deal?

At least this time, they done traded Brisket already, and Mahomes > Garapolo so we should be safe on that front.

As much as you want things to be true Mahomes playing isn't happening unless Smith is injured

ThaVirus
09-06-2017, 01:31 PM
What's the rest of the injury report look like?

Houston? DJ? Chris Jones? Terrance Mitchell?

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2017, 01:33 PM
http://www.chiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/090617-ir-kcchart.jpg

penbrook
09-06-2017, 01:33 PM
What's the rest of the injury report look like?

Houston? DJ? Chris Jones? Terrance Mitchell?

All good to go. Ragland and Ehringer are doubtful

Halfcan
09-06-2017, 02:13 PM
All good to go. Ragland and Ehringer are doubtful

We have a healthy team for once going into NE- no excuses Andy!!

penbrook
09-06-2017, 02:16 PM
We have a healthy team for once going into NE- no excuses Andy!!

Steven Nelson and Spencer Ware are out. Nelson is a huge loss

saphojunkie
09-06-2017, 02:31 PM
If his name were DeQuan Stonewell he'd be a fan favorite. Ron Parker is the name of a Buick salesman.

Mephistopheles Janx
09-06-2017, 02:55 PM
If his name were DeQuan Stonewell he'd be a fan favorite. Ron Parker is the name of a Buick salesman.

Yeah... it is his name

Derrick Thomas wasn't a fan favorite because his name evoked a house painter.
Neil Smith... a plumber.
Trent Green... Semi Pro Kite Flyer
Tony Gonzalez... Gardener

If only Ron Parker had a flashier name like... Will Shields, then perhaps he would become a KC icon.

tatorhog
09-06-2017, 03:42 PM
As much as you want things to be true Mahomes playing isn't happening unless Smith is injured

Its not what I'm wanting

threebag
09-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Claytex is the Chiefs version of Knowmo. There's no way either guy watches football with his eyes open.

They usually have their heads facing away from the TV face planted in a dudes crotch

mnchiefsguy
09-06-2017, 05:05 PM
He is questionable, but was a full participant in practice according to the chart Dane posted.

He will play.

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2017, 05:10 PM
He is questionable, but was a full participant in practice according to the chart Dane posted.

He will play.

The Injury Designations changed last year from Probable, Questionable and Out to Questionable, Doubtful and Out.

BWillie
09-06-2017, 05:13 PM
If Ron Parker does not play against NE, I am no longer guaranteeing victory

pugsnotdrugs19
09-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Injuries will not be an excuse this time around for the Chiefs, at least not as of now. Even though Nelson being out is tough, they don't have Edelman. It's a wash.

This game will be a great barometer.

Chiefshrink
09-06-2017, 07:32 PM
It's a nod to Bellichick. When a player is at 98% you list him as questionable to **** with people.

Precisely. Messing with Brady and McDaniels head. Baiting them.;)

Psyko Tek
09-06-2017, 08:05 PM
We better hope our DL can get to Brady because I'm having a bad feeling he's going to chew us up if they don't.

does anybody think houston will play this year? is ford due a contract ?

penbrook
09-06-2017, 08:10 PM
does anybody think houston will play this year? is ford due a contract ?

Ford is in a contract year and yes Houston will play since he is 100% healthy. Just watch him vs the Donks last year.

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Ford is in a contract year and yes Houston will play since he is 100% healthy. Just watch him vs the Donks last year.

Ford is NOT in a contract year.

JFC

Direckshun
09-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Next year is Ford's contract year, FWIW.

penbrook
09-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Ford is NOT in a contract year.

JFC

Yep just saw that. 8 mil next year. Did he sign a 1 year deal or something?

Sandy Vagina
09-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Yep just saw that. 8 mil next year. Did he sign a 1 year deal or something?

Team exercised his 5th yr option of his original contract.

Titty Meat
09-06-2017, 09:42 PM

He's better than "OK"

It was a stupid post by a stupid poster

thegame214
09-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Bet your ass he's playing

Rausch
09-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Yeah... it is his name

Derrick Thomas wasn't a fan favorite because his name evoked a house painter.
Neil Smith... a plumber.
Trent Green... Semi Pro Kite Flyer
Tony Gonzalez... Gardener

If only Ron Parker had a flashier name like... Will Shields, then perhaps he would become a KC icon.

As long as they don't call him "Our no 2 CB" I like whatever it says on the back of his jersey...