PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DAT

MeaTy The Pimp
09-08-2017, 08:25 AM
I like DAT as a slot receiver or a change of pace option, but I absolutely hated him as a returner last night. It seemed like he went down anytime a Patriot got anywhere near him. Maybe Hill just spoiled me on punt/kickoff returns last year, I dunno, but DAT was not looking good on the return game last night...

notorious
09-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Donate his Achilles to Berry.

(Thanks Sofa, I am going to use this for all our shitty players)

Molitoth
09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
He looked REALLY bad returning last night. There was one time where the field looked open on both sides with ONE pat gunning right down the middle... DAT runs right into him. I was like WTF.

O.city
09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
https://twitter.com/jco3215/status/906160231390081024

I like him as a wr.

Kick returner meh

BigRedChief
09-08-2017, 08:28 AM
I like DAT as a slot receiver or a change of pace option, but I absolutely hated him as a returner last night. It seemed like he went down anytime a Patriot got anywhere near him. Maybe Hill just spoiled me on punt/kickoff returns last year, I dunno, but DAT was not looking good on the return game last night...He sucked it up big time. He gets touched he goes down. Not a skill thats very valuable in a kick returner.

Ona side note, anyone hear what happened with the punt he caught when Hill was signaling a fair catch?

Demonpenz
09-08-2017, 08:32 AM
I think the Fair catch was a fake where the team runs down and tyreek fakes like the ball is to him and it is actualy going to dat. Tyreek probably saw how high it was and instinctively through up he fair catch sign or toub told him to fair catch it if the play is not set up right and have dat catch the ball no matter what sothere is no confusion.

Rausch
09-08-2017, 09:09 AM
He looked bad on KR's all night.

One of the things we can tweak and get better at...

DJ's left nut
09-08-2017, 09:22 AM
He looked bad on KR's all night.

One of the things we can tweak and get better at...

If that happens again, you give Chesson or Robinson a look back there.

The mental mistakes were inexcusable. The one where he had space to either side and instead just stood there and got his legs cut out was at least a bizarrely shitty execution error. But at least twice he chose to return balls he had no business returning and that's just not okay.

Pinning them inside the 15 with regularity is not going to work. He was absolutely atrocious.

RINGLEADER
09-08-2017, 10:05 AM

The mental mistakes were inexcusable. The one where he had space to either side and instead just stood there and got his legs cut out was at least a bizarrely shitty execution error. But at least twice he chose to return balls he had no business returning and that's just not okay.

Pinning them inside the 15 with regularity is not going to work. He was absolutely atrocious.

No doubt he was awful but I remember watching a documentary (may have been Hard Knocks, I don't know) and the returner was taught to look past the first guy there -- but put yourself where you need to be to get by that guy at all costs. Not sure if DAT just misread things or has no vision but he seemed to be looking past the first guy just as he ran right into him...

DJ's left nut
09-08-2017, 10:08 AM
No doubt he was awful but I remember watching a documentary (may have been Hard Knocks, I don't know) and the returner was taught to look past the first guy there -- but put yourself where you need to be to get by that guy at all costs. Not sure if DAT just misread things or has no vision but he seemed to be looking past the first guy just as he ran right into him...

I'm not beating him up for that one - execution errors happen. Like I said - it was bizarre but that wasn't why I'd fire him.

I'd fire him for his piss poor discretion in choosing when to go/kneel.

patteeu
09-08-2017, 12:28 PM

Not only was it a bad idea to run it out because he couldn't get it to the 25, but
with the way the Chiefs commit penalties on runbacks, there's a good chance he'd have to get to the 40 to break even (and even that wouldn't work if the penalty happens short of the 40, I guess).

MahiMike
09-08-2017, 12:33 PM
You can thank Mr. Zombo for a couple of those. He let his guy get straight thru when they had 4 vs 1.

MahiMike
09-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Speaking of special teams, WTH is up with allowing them to rough our kicker on successful plays?

DaWolf
09-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Pats have really good ST too so I wasn't expecting any big returns last night...

Kiimo
09-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Hey all.

Zombo sucks.

That is all

-King-
09-08-2017, 02:06 PM

That's 100% Toubs decision. We probably wouldn't have half the returns we've had over the past 4 years if toub didn't tell the returners to be so aggressive
Posted via Mobile Device