PDA

View Full Version : Life The Patriots will not make the playoffs this season.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Mark it down.

saphojunkie
09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
:facepalm:

Mark that down.

Direckshun
09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh

All they have to do is outpace the Miami Cutlers.

mnchiefsguy
09-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Mark it down.

A bit of an over reaction. They are in by far the weakest division in all of football....who is going to win that divison? The Jets? Dolphins? Bills? Those teams all have major issues, and not a single one of them will finish above .500 (Miami is the only team with even a remote shot at .500).

Patriots win the East by default.

ptlyon
09-08-2017, 01:14 PM
And if the mod team were smart, you would not make another thread on here in your life.

Direckshun
09-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Make a bet with me, Tomahawk.

Red Dawg
09-08-2017, 01:17 PM
They will still win the division. It will be easy for them.

dls6501
09-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Make a bet with me, Tomahawk.

Me too, please.

TLO
09-08-2017, 01:19 PM
TYLER BRAY

bdj23
09-08-2017, 01:19 PM
I remember when we did this in 2014, and then they won the fucking Super Bowl.

ModSocks
09-08-2017, 01:22 PM
The Patriots will finish 12-4 minimum.

Bewbies
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
They're gonna kill whoever they play next week. If that doesn't happen maybe they're a 6 win playoff team.

That division is the worst in football.

MahiMike
09-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Hey wait a minute. I said the same thing in another thread...

I agree.

MahiMike
09-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Brady looked off last night. Just look at that 1st throw to a wide open guy. He's better than most but I'll bet this is his last year. Their defense looked bad last night. No way our offense is that good. And missing Edelman will be THEIR achilles.

Eureka
09-08-2017, 01:36 PM
In the game thread on page 1&2 the posts showed a gloom and doom attitude and that the Patriots were world beaters.

The Patriots WILL bounce back no doubt. I wouldn't want to be next weeks team.

buddha
09-08-2017, 01:39 PM
A really nice sweatshirt says you're wrong, Tomahawk. Are you up for the bet?

Mile High Mania
09-08-2017, 01:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9u1hqPU.gif

Trent Green GOAT
09-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

lcarus
09-08-2017, 01:45 PM
They really need Amendola to stay healthy. He's a decent target to replace Edelman. Someone Brady really trusts. They were sunk as soon as he got the concussion or whatever.

Bwana
09-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Sure

http://media.giphy.com/media/vbxk7KdIbJuDe/giphy.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGuIbUsZbWAhUO3GMKHaAbAo4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sheknows.com%2Fentertainment%2Farticles%2F1057285%2Flife-lessons-from-dumb-and-dumber-in-gifs&psig=AFQjCNELc21yahTGsZLvpfuMU_0j2D6lPA&ust=1504987511280852)

Mr_Tomahawk
09-08-2017, 02:07 PM
They're gonna kill whoever they play next week. If that doesn't happen maybe they're a 6 win playoff team.

That defense has to go to New Orleans next weekend.

DaFace
09-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Hard to believe they'd be worse than the Dolphins, Jets, or Bills.

RobBlake
09-08-2017, 02:38 PM
What a dumb ass thread lmfao

Amnorix
09-08-2017, 02:54 PM

The Saints? Yeah, if the Pats don't fix their defense, they will get killed again.

Here's a stat for how bad the defense fell off a cliff compared to last year. The Pats allowed six 40+ yard plays all of last year (19 games). They allowed three last night alone.

Three 90+ yard TD drives I believe it was. Worst outing for a Belichick defense I've ever seen. ALOT to fix, and the Saints aren't who you want to see when your defense is a mess. :shake:

Shaid
09-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Just a thought. How about instead of the Chiefs only winning because the Patriots messed up, let's do what the National Media doesn't do, and say the Chiefs played a pretty good game last night. Maybe the Patriots looked off because we played them well. Maybe Tom Brady missed a relatively open pass because he was skittish that pressure was coming his way. Maybe, just maybe, and I know this is a stretch, the #1 seed in the AFC last year, lost to the #2 seed in the AFC last year. Shocking, but it happens.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-08-2017, 03:07 PM
They're third seed at worst. Chiefs, Pitt, New England

Mile High Mania
09-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Hard to believe they'd be worse than the Dolphins, Jets, or Bills.

Yeah, 6-0 right there, brother.

okcchief
09-08-2017, 03:47 PM
That division sucks. They'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bewbies
09-08-2017, 03:48 PM

Let's be honest though. If the Jets missed out on the #1 pick because they beat the Pats in a meaningless late season game that'd be hilarious. LMAO

Mama Hip Rockets
09-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Yes, they will.

Bugeater
09-08-2017, 04:06 PM
LMAO

tk13
09-08-2017, 04:14 PM
I can only assume the thread starter forgot to put "MLB" in the thread title.

jaa1025
09-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Ummm they play in one of if not the worst division in football. They can be mediocre and still win that division.

Plus...they still have a very good offense. Not many teams can do what the Chiefs did to them.

PAChiefsGuy
09-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Ummm they play in one of if not the worst division in football. They can be mediocre and still win that division.

Plus...they still have a very good offense. Not many teams can do what the Chiefs did to them.

And we didn't do that great. They still scored 27-pts despite Brady and Gronk having bad gms.

They'll make the playoffs. Don't underestimate Brady and BB that'd be a huge mistake.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2017, 04:27 PM
The last time the Chiefs blew them out, and everyone claimed they were finished, they went on to win the Super Bowl.

I'm expecting the same this year.

Ming the Merciless
09-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Yeah, no

Ummm Yeah....NO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MtaUHMWQpiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahiMike
09-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Dolphins take that division

Reerun_KC
09-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Tyler bray

Buehler445
09-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Yep. Their practice squad could go 6-0. Yes. I realize there are only 10 players on the practice squad.

NJChiefsFan
09-08-2017, 11:03 PM
If Vegas somehow thought like this I would make a ton of money. The Patriots are still going to sleep walk to the division title.

As bad as NE played it still took KC stepping up on huge 4th downs and making huge plays in the passing game to win. NE will go 5-1 at worst in the division. 5-4 against everyone else gets them the division, probably easily.

When KC destroyed NE last time the odds makers made CIN the favorite in NE the next week. What easy money that was. The media and others for some reason never learn when it comes to NE.

Nickhead
09-08-2017, 11:08 PM
i felt the same way before this game started :D :thumb:

kccrow
09-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Doubtful, but possible. Here's their remaining games:

@ New Orleans Saints
vs Houston Texans
vs Carolina Panthers
@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ New York Jets
vs Atlanta Falcons
@ Denver Broncos
@ Oakland Raiders
vs Miami Dolphins
@ Buffalo Bills
@ Miami Dolphins
@ Pittsburgh Steelers
vs Buffalo Bills
vs New York Jets

I've bolded the ones I could see them potentially losing. If they lost them all that's 7-9. For some reason I doubt they'll lose half those. The Saints can score but they aren't very good on defense. Denver is good on defense but I don't know if they have the offense to keep up. Too many unknowns at this point with Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Miami.
New England probably still finishes 12-4, losing to Atlanta, Oakland, and Pittsburgh seeming like the best bets.

B_Ambuehl
09-08-2017, 11:27 PM
Belichik deserves credit. He's been very good at making chicken salad out of chicken shit. NO way a team should win a superbowl with a washed up Chris Long and Rob Ninkovich rushing the passer, an assortment of plug n play Texas Tech slot slapdicks at lead WR, and other teams practice squad fodder playing tailback every year. But every year they do it. It does help that a washed up Jay Cutler will be the most talented QB the division has seen other than Brady since a washed up Brett Favre played for the Jets nearly 10 years ago, & that practice squad division schedule allows them to pile up an easy 6 wins every year. Every year Belichik runs talented players out of town & somehow they continue on, but maybe this is finally the year he overplays his hand. My thinking is as long as Belichik has 1 solid defensive tackle he'll figure out something on defense that will work, and as long as you have Brady and a decent offensive line they'll figure out something on offense too. It remains to be seen how effective Cutler will be in Miami.

kccrow
09-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Belichek has always had pretty average pass rushers. He requires alot out of his OLBs and he otherwise normally runs a system in similarity to Seattle. Van Noy was brought in to be the new Ninkovich who was brought in to be the new Bruschi and so on. He always has one linebacker that is kind of a solid all-around guy that can bring the heat from time to time. His defense is really predicated on shutting down the run, being physical in the front 7, and zoning out your best weapon in the passing game. The defensive line 2-gaps, so they are always stouter guys and not your typical pass rusher types.

jspchief
09-09-2017, 09:14 AM
It's a pretty bold prediction, but it doesn't strike me as completely insane.

Regardless of Brady and whether or not he is "done", the overall Patriots roster is not very impressive. Gronk and Amendola are made of glass (Gronk looked shaky getting up from the TD that got reversed). Cooks is a great speed threat but Brady has made is career on his possession receivers. Their RBs are tough matchups in the passing game, but Gillislee is going to need to prove himself. Defensively, the roster is trash. The have 2 good corners, Hightower, and nothing else. No pass rush.

Cutler may not be inspiring, but he's actually a good fit in Miami. I could see them winning 10 games and being in the discussion for the playoffs. They certainly have a more talented overall roster than BE.

The wildcard is Bellichick. He's the best coach in the league and has polished a lot of turds into gems in his time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rausch
09-09-2017, 09:26 AM

They will.

But my guess is they win only 11 games.

And in that division that's a big dip...

mnchiefsguy
09-09-2017, 10:00 AM

Regardless of Brady and whether or not he is "done", the overall Patriots roster is not very impressive. Gronk and Amendola are made of glass (Gronk looked shaky getting up from the TD that got reversed). Cooks is a great speed threat but Brady has made is career on his possession receivers. Their RBs are tough matchups in the passing game, but Gillislee is going to need to prove himself. Defensively, the roster is trash. The have 2 good corners, Hightower, and nothing else. No pass rush.

Cutler may not be inspiring, but he's actually a good fit in Miami. I could see them winning 10 games and being in the discussion for the playoffs. They certainly have a more talented overall roster than BE.

The wildcard is Bellichick. He's the best coach in the league and has polished a lot of turds into gems in his time.

What makes the prediction insane is not the Patriots and their level of talent, or how well they are playing.

What makes the prediction insane is how God awful the rest of that fucking division is.

Jets are a two to four win team. So if Buffalo. Miami had to bring a mediocre qb out of retirement.

There is just no real competition in that division.

Rausch
09-09-2017, 10:02 AM
What makes the prediction insane is not the Patriots and their level of talent, or how well they are playing.

What makes the prediction insane is how God awful the rest of that ****ing division is.

This.

They get no less than 5 wins there...

bricks
09-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Stop it Dale with this stuff or else I'm gonna put my nutsack on your drum set and play moby dick for real!!!

Lzen
09-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Mr Tomahawk, were you drunk when you posted this thread?
The Patriots will win that division and make the playoffs. That's just silly to think otherwise.

loochy
09-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Week 1 has barely started. Chiefs will win the super bowl and Pats wont make the playoffs. #overreactionplanet

GloucesterChief
09-09-2017, 10:42 AM
If they were in a tougher division maybe. They have two teams in the division that are tanking: Jets & Bills and one that barely made the playoffs last year and has Cutler at QB.

NWTF
09-09-2017, 10:44 AM

What makes the prediction insane is how God awful the rest of that ****ing division is.

Jets are a two to four win team. So if Buffalo. Miami had to bring a mediocre qb out of retirement.

There is just no real competition in that division.

For the Pats to miss the playoffs entirely someone else in the division really has to step up. Miami's the only possibility.

So basically Miami has to get to 10,11 wins minimum, and the Pats win 10 or less and loose out on WC to teams like Raiders, Texans/Titans, Bengals, etc

Its possible, but I wouldnt bet on it. Pats have been a great team the last 16,17 years, but they've also been in the least competitive division during that time. This year looks no different. Miami looks like a .500 team and thats the supposed challenger that has to make it happen.

OldSchool
09-09-2017, 11:32 AM
They play in the AFC East. Both the Jets and Bills are tanking for a QB and you've got Cutler in Miami with no BYE week. Yeah, there is no way the Pats are missing the Post season. Remember, they still put up 27 points on our D.

Rausch
09-09-2017, 11:34 AM
THey'll make the playoffs.

But they'll fear us when they get there...

cmdrzman
09-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Brady looked like ass.. I don't think I've ever seen him miss so bad.. he looked like Tim frekin Tebow.. dude couldn't hit sh*t... I wonder if his concussion he had last year has turned his brain into mush...Dudes like 40.. if he continues to miss wide open WR and throw like he did thursday.. he might be done sooner than we thought-

jspchief
09-09-2017, 11:58 AM
For the Pats to miss the playoffs entirely someone else in the division really has to step up. Miami's the only possibility.

So basically Miami has to get to 10,11 wins minimum, and the Pats win 10 or less and loose out on WC to teams like Raiders, Texans/Titans, Bengals, etc

Its possible, but I wouldnt bet on it. Pats have been a great team the last 16,17 years, but they've also been in the least competitive division during that time. This year looks no different. Miami looks like a .500 team and thats the supposed challenger that has to make it happen.Miami made the playoffs last year at 10-6 with 3 of those losses coming from NE and Seattle. And there's little reason to believe Cutler can't produce similar results as Tannehill.

Couch-Potato
09-09-2017, 02:50 PM
false.

PAChiefsGuy
09-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Brady looked like ass.. I don't think I've ever seen him miss so bad.. he looked like Tim frekin Tebow.. dude couldn't hit sh*t... I wonder if his concussion he had last year has turned his brain into mush...Dudes like 40.. if he continues to miss wide open WR and throw like he did thursday.. he might be done sooner than we thought-

Yet they still scored 27-pts and would have scored more if it wasn't for two 4th-and-1 stops.

They'll be there.

FlaChief58
09-09-2017, 03:13 PM
I'd be elated if this happened but alas, their division is ass. They'll cruise through them like a hot knife through butter and add yet another division champ banner to their collection

Red Dawg
09-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Their division is pathetic and I'm sure they will win it but if they don't get a 1 or or 2 seed they will be going out.

Let's not forget they face many good QBs this season and that defense is loooking bad so far. 14 wins is not happening. Their d-line and LBs are not some great threat to hurt you anymore.

Bills moves may come back to bite him this year. Collins gone, Long gone, Jones gone. Ninkovich retired. Ealy cut after they traded a 2nd for him.

Who are their replacements? We just ran them over, that's who.

ILChief
09-09-2017, 05:16 PM
They will win the division. Jets may be the worst team in NFL history. Bills are tanking. Dolphins are the only team that is even halfway decent and they're starting smoking Jay at QB. Patriots will sleepwalk to a division title

RaidersOftheCellar
09-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Asinine take.

Breezing their way to another division title and #1 seed (due to garbage division) is far more likely.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-01-2017, 02:05 PM
How many of you had the Pats .500 in the first quarter of the season?

Not me.

jjchieffan
10-01-2017, 02:10 PM
I didn't. They barely beat Houston. They could easily be 1-3. And Buffalo has been surprisingly good. The Patriots could very well be fighting for a wild card this season. Still lots of games to play, but we'll see.

Hoopsdoc
10-01-2017, 02:17 PM
I didn't. They barely beat Houston. They could easily be 1-3. And Buffalo has been surprisingly good. The Patriots could very well be fighting for a wild card this season. Still lots of games to play, but we'll see.

Never never never never count out Belichick.

They'll figure out a new way to cheat now that teams have caught on to their old ways.

Just kidding, that defense is awful and Brady tends to look like he's.........well, 40 years old at times.

Reerun_KC
10-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Tyler Bray!!!!!

ROYC75
10-01-2017, 02:40 PM
A bit of an over reaction. They are in by far the weakest division in all of football....who is going to win that divison? The Jets? Dolphins? Bills? Those teams all have major issues, and not a single one of them will finish above .500 (Miami is the only team with even a remote shot at .500).

Patriots win the East by default.

Pats should, easily.

But stranger things have happened?

JoeyChuckles
10-01-2017, 02:43 PM
As always they will figure out the defense and finish something like 11-5 and be impossible in the playoffs. How have you all not learned this script yet?

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Yeah if I can find a bet on this I'm all in. They will easily make the playoffs.

AssEaterChief
10-01-2017, 03:30 PM
I don't think I have ever seen them look as bad at any point during the last 15 years.

Penalties, bad defense, average special teams, bad play at home, blocking is good or bad play to play.

I think they will still make the playoffs but will also make an early exit.

They just look so lifeless…

TLO
10-01-2017, 03:32 PM
I don't think I have ever seen them look as bad at any point during the last 15 years.

Penalties, bad defense, average special teams, bad play at home, blocking is good or bad play to play.

I think they will still make the playoffs but will also make an early exit.

They just look so lifeless…

You very well may be right, but I still don't want to see the Chiefs play them in the playoffs.

notorious
10-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Should be 1-3 and 0-3 at home.

RobBlake
10-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Julian being out is huge imo. Offense is fine though. The defense is really bad

Coochie liquor
10-01-2017, 06:41 PM

This. That D is bad right now. But I feel like the Texans appear to be pretty damn good and they took them to the wire. Not sure how I feel about the Bills, before the season they looked like a team that was tanking. Now they look good too.

JoeyChuckles
10-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Should be 1-3 and 0-3 at home.

There are no "shoulds" in the NFL. Your record is exactly what it is.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Their defense sucks. But I suspect Bellichek will get it figured out

notorious
10-01-2017, 07:04 PM
There are no "shoulds" in the NFL. Your record is exactly what it is.

You are hardcore.

Red Dawg
10-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Brady is learning what it's like to be Manning and Rogers. For the first time he doesn't have a defense that dominates.

JD10367
10-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Just kidding, that defense is awful and Brady tends to look like he's.........well, 40 years old at times.

He's second in yardage behind Rodgers, second in YPA behind Goff, second in TDs behind Rodgers, second in QB rating behind Alex Smith, doing it all at 40, and you're a fucking idiot.

JD10367
10-01-2017, 08:05 PM
As for the Patriots... the secondary sucks right now but it's a case of getting used to each other. More importantly, the front seven is an AIDS-infested dumpster fire. Even the best secondary can't cover when your front seven is getting no pressure. This may be a season where the Patriots need to win games 37-36 every week. Some weeks they'll do it (Houston), some weeks they won't (Carolina). And the schedule is brutal. They'll be lucky to finish 8-8. But they also play in a weak division where 8-8 can win it, if the other 6 wins come against the division. And given their history, as long as they make the playoffs I'm happy, because no matter how shitty they play (like in this past SB) they still have the ability to beat anyone, anywhere. Tell me if the Patriots finish 8-8, win their WC round home game, and come to KC in the second round, you wouldn't want to see them no matter what KC's record is? For the Patriots, the regular season is just a continuation of the preseason... as long as they win that shitty division.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2017, 08:07 PM
He's second in yardage behind Rodgers, second in YPA behind Goff, second in TDs behind Rodgers, second in QB rating behind Alex Smith, doing it all at 40, and you're a fucking idiot.

"Old tigers, sensing the end, are at their fiercest."

ROFL

beach tribe
10-01-2017, 10:06 PM
"Old tigers, sensing the end, are at their fiercest."

ROFL
No.

QBs who have hit the wall look like Peyton Manning did.

They don't lead the league in anything.

It doesn't matter how much fight they have left inside, their skills are there and then they are gone.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2017, 10:13 PM
No.

QBs who have hit the wall look like Peyton Manning did.

They don't lead the league in anything.

It doesn't matter how much fight they have left inside, their skills are there and then they are gone.

I didn't say Brady had hit the wall.

But there's something certainly "off" in his game this year and his fans can sense it. Ergo, JD's sudden backlash.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Those fans entire self worth is tied to those cheating frauds

ThaVirus
10-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Brady is still capable of daddy dicking the league but that defense is the worst they've had since Belichick and Brady teamed up.

Al Bundy
10-01-2017, 11:01 PM
The Patriots are going to beat my Buccaneers by 20+ on Thursday.

Red Dawg
10-02-2017, 05:04 AM
I didn't say Brady had hit the wall.

But there's something certainly "off" in his game this year and his fans can sense it. Ergo, JD's sudden backlash.

He hasn't hit the wall yet and is playing well but give it a few weeks. It's still early. Hits will pile up.

TEX
10-02-2017, 06:43 AM
Brady is still capable of daddy dicking the league but that defense is the worst they've had since Belichick and Brady teamed up.

This.

notorious
10-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Give me decent odds in Vegas and I would still put real money on them winning the East and going to the SB.

They will adjust. That's how they roll.

Red Dawg
10-02-2017, 07:28 AM
The Patriots are going to beat my Buccaneers by 20+ on Thursday.

No they won't. They may lose.

Mile High Mania
10-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Give me decent odds in Vegas and I would still put real money on them winning the East and going to the SB.

They will adjust. That's how they roll.

I agree and it’s just wild to think how close they are to being 0-3 at home.

Bewbies
10-02-2017, 09:21 AM
As for the Patriots... the secondary sucks right now but it's a case of getting used to each other. More importantly, the front seven is an AIDS-infested dumpster fire. Even the best secondary can't cover when your front seven is getting no pressure. This may be a season where the Patriots need to win games 37-36 every week. Some weeks they'll do it (Houston), some weeks they won't (Carolina). And the schedule is brutal. They'll be lucky to finish 8-8. But they also play in a weak division where 8-8 can win it, if the other 6 wins come against the division. And given their history, as long as they make the playoffs I'm happy, because no matter how shitty they play (like in this past SB) they still have the ability to beat anyone, anywhere. Tell me if the Patriots finish 8-8, win their WC round home game, and come to KC in the second round, you wouldn't want to see them no matter what KC's record is? For the Patriots, the regular season is just a continuation of the preseason... as long as they win that shitty division.

Based upon your defense and how round 1 went in Boston I'd be okay with the Pats coming to KC.

If we're healthy KC is not a good matchup for NE at all.

RunKC
10-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Kony Ealy didn't even make it out of camp. He had 4 pass deflections and an INT yesterday.

Looks like a bad move by Hoodie

Amnorix
10-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Well, right now their defense is ATROCIOUS. I'm pretty sure it's fix-able, but let's be real -- we're 25% of the way through the season and we are making every opponent's offense look like the Manning-era Colts. It's not good.

Well, trust in the Hoodie and pray, I guess, is all Pats fans can do. Besides, as I keep telling co-workers-- "Yeah, it sucks, but calm down. It's not like we can expect to win the Super Bowl EVERY year."

You'd think with so many wins, they'd be able to stomach some adversity, but nope.

Eleazar
10-02-2017, 09:45 AM
I'm just waving hello to everyone in December who bumped this after they sewed up the division.

Al Bundy
10-02-2017, 09:49 AM
The Buccaneers pass rush is non-existent. The didn't hit Eli Manning yesterday and they aren't going to get near Brady Thursday night.

crayzkirk
10-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Well, right now their defense is ATROCIOUS. I'm pretty sure it's fix-able, but let's be real -- we're 25% of the way through the season and we are making every opponent's offense look like the Manning-era Colts. It's not good.

Well, trust in the Hoodie and pray, I guess, is all Pats fans can do. Besides, as I keep telling co-workers-- "Yeah, it sucks, but calm down. It's not like we can expect to win the Super Bowl EVERY year."

You'd think with so many wins, they'd be able to stomach some adversity, but nope.

I'll say what I always say:

Behind every great QB is a coach ready to be given the credit.

Check his record before Brady. People are giving him way too much credit. There have been a lot of mistakes on players the last few years and it's finally coming home to roost.

Bills and Jets are no pushovers and the Mighty Patriots are struggling...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 10:03 AM
They will sweep the east. They own Beefalo

Amnorix
10-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Check his record before Brady. People are giving him way too much credit. There have been a lot of mistakes on players the last few years and it's finally coming home to roost.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl wins as Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, and Drew Brees COMBINED, and that's because Brady is somehow SO MUCH better than them that he could single-handedly do that?

Well, I think Tom Brady is the GOAT, but I also think you're out of you're goddamn mind.

"CRAZYkirk" indeed...

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2017, 11:40 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">18 DEFs since &#39;00 allow 121+ points (no return TDs) through 4 Gs. NE 19th.<br><br>10-6 &#39;12 WAS only to make playoffs.<br><br>8-8 &#39;02 KC only other .500+ <a href="https://t.co/J5s21GawSp">https://t.co/J5s21GawSp</a></p>&mdash; Rich Hill (@PP_Rich_Hill) <a href="https://twitter.com/PP_Rich_Hill/status/914881438398521344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 11:41 AM
You realize they will beat Denver, right?

Mile High Mania
10-02-2017, 11:52 AM
You realize they will beat Denver, right?

Not in that cheap Pile High air they won't... coming off what should be a 3 game road losing streak, because you know... Denver can't win on the road. The NFL will make sure that Denver wins and gets back to .500 play.

notorious
10-02-2017, 12:07 PM
LMAO

crayzkirk
10-02-2017, 01:00 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl wins as Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, and Drew Brees COMBINED, and that's because Brady is somehow SO MUCH better than them that he could single-handedly do that?

Well, I think Tom Brady is the GOAT, but I also think you're out of you're goddamn mind.

"CRAZYkirk" indeed...

Several of those QBs don't even have Super Bowl wins. Anyway, just wanted to poke the bear a little... Don't forget about John Elway, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw.

Actually, yes due to the lack of competitive balance in the AFC East. Playing at home each year is a huge advantage in the playoffs. Well, unless you happen to be the Chiefs.

Although I must say that getting beaten by Eli Manning and the Giants just goes to prove my point. The Hoodie is such a genius that he sat Brady on the bench until Bledsoe was injured. Yup. SuperGenius in the realm of Wile E Coyote!

BTW, it's CrayZKirk.

Red Dawg
10-02-2017, 01:14 PM

I agree and have said the same thing before. Bill was a loser without Brady and will be again when he’s gone. He made a ton of stupid decisions and got away with them because of Brady. Drafting like shit as well.

Amnorix
10-02-2017, 01:33 PM
I agree and have said the same thing before. Bill was a loser without Brady and will be again when he’s gone. He made a ton of stupid decisions and got away with them because of Brady. Drafting like shit as well.

You can change your name, but your burning hatred of all things Patriots hasn't changed. And your opinions aren't any better either. :D

Red Dawg
10-02-2017, 01:40 PM
You can change your name, but your burning hatred of all things Patriots hasn't changed. And your opinions aren't any better either. :D

Its a fact. You just don’t like it. 5 losing seasons in Cleveland and the first year with Bledsoe as well. Let’s also not forget that when Bledsoe got injured they were not good either.

Bill is overrated.

crayzkirk
10-02-2017, 02:10 PM

While I will admit that I am envious of the success the Patriots have had the past decade and a half, I don't hate the Patriots or anything about them. They have been caught in almost as many scandals as the Broncos, a team that I really dislike because, in my opinion, like the Patriots, they have skirted the rules and their fans disregard any and all information about that.

Whatever, it IS just a football game. No wait, it an ENTERTAINMENT EVENT.

And I am not Red Dawg. I just found this board last year although I have been a Chiefs fanatic since they moved here from Texas. Every heartbreaking playoff loss after loss. I remember ALL of them.

Amnorix
10-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Its a fact. You just don’t like it. 5 losing seasons in Cleveland and the first year with Bledsoe as well. Let’s also not forget that when Bledsoe got injured they were not good either.

Bill is overrated.

Dude, I hardly care. Your opinion is pretty worthless to me, because you're a seething ball of Patriots hatred.

But as for the Browns -- they were god-awful for forever, Belichick had them in the playoffs, and then the very next year idiot Modell announced the move to Baltimore and the team completely tanked. Was his record good? Nah, not really. 6-10, then 7-9 twice, then 11-5 and playoffs. Then the whole move to Baltimore thing and collapse to 5-11 under bizarre circumstances.

Of course they sucked the first year under Bledsoe. The team was a mess -- over the cap, and lacking talent in too many spots. Belichick trimmed the fat, rebuilt the roster in an amazingly short period of time, and won a Super Bowl in 2001 on a team where Brady wasn't exactly a star.

Look, I love Brady too, but nobody should ever confuse the 2001-04 Super Bowl winning Patriots with a passing oriented team. Those teams won with (1) elite defense, (2) very good or better running games, (3) very efficient on all sides of the ball (very few turnovers or other costly mistakes on offense, etc.).

So it's a joke for you to suggest the Patriots have dominated for 15+ years because of one guy. Brady is the GOAT, but Belichick is the guy that has keep that ship on the straight and narrow for a decade-and-a-half. Peyton Manning, for all his greatness, couldnt' win half as many SBs as Brady/BB. Neither has Aaron Rodgers so far. Or Brees, or Eli, or Big Ben, or Rivers, or Flacco, or anybody else in the last 20 years. Not even half.

But hey, keep on hatin' on. The taste of your salty tears are delicious.

Basileus777
10-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I was at Gillette on opening day and the Pats fanbase couldn't handle being down 1 point in the fourth quarter, people were leaving the stadium even before it got ugly. Some dude in a Priest Holmes jersey nearby was talking shit about how quiet they were and all the Pats fans were taking it with their heads down.

Marcellus
10-02-2017, 02:34 PM
The coach with 5 SB wins and 7 SB appearances is overrated because he has Brady yet no other QB has more than 2 wins or 3 appearances in that time frame?

They won a SB with Troy Brown starting at CB for petes sake.

Amnorix
10-02-2017, 02:52 PM
I was at Gillette on opening day and the Pats fanbase couldn't handle being down 1 point in the fourth quarter, people were leaving the stadium even before it got ugly. Some dude in a Priest Holmes jersey nearby was talking shit about how quiet they were and all the Pats fans were taking it with their heads down.

Eh. Pats fanbase is like any other. Some bright, some.....not. Some die-hard and some fair weather.

I grew up with the "Patsies", so I've been playing with house money for a long time. When we got our FIFTH (five, Jesus Christ!!) I was like "yeah, I'm good. I've won way more SBs than I ever expected to. Been living in the promised land for FIFTEEN YEARS. Anything from here out is just another layer of icing on top of the cake.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 02:58 PM
The Pats have the biggest bandwagon trash fan base in sports. Don't lie.

Halfcan
10-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Eh. Pats fanbase is like any other. Some bright, some.....not. Some die-hard and some fair weather.

I grew up with the "Patsies", so I've been playing with house money for a long time. When we got our FIFTH (five, Jesus Christ!!) I was like "yeah, I'm good. I've won way more SBs than I ever expected to. Been living in the promised land for FIFTEEN YEARS. Anything from here out is just another layer of icing on top of the cake.

Before the season you were convinced the Pats had the best team ever assembled. Now that they are lucky not to be 1-3- you act like it is no big thing. Even when you are trying to make a humbling post you put FIFTH in big letters. :rolleyes:

Basileus777
10-02-2017, 03:10 PM

I dunno, it was one of the quieter crowds I have seen in pro football and this was on a day when they hung a superbowl banner up. The horrendous traffic is probably why people leave (god a stadium built with one lane streets being the only access), but that's still pretty sad on opening day in a game that was competitive for most of its duration.

PAChiefsGuy
10-02-2017, 03:17 PM
The Pats have the biggest bandwagon trash fan base in sports. Don't lie.

No way the Golden State Warriors do by far and it is not close.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 03:19 PM
No way the Golden State Warriors do by far and it is not close.

True. Neither team had a fan base till they won a couple titles. Now, they are everywhere like locusts.

BucEyedPea
10-02-2017, 03:20 PM

Agree 100% on all three points especially that the D sucks.

That's okay, though, we native New Englanders need a break from so many SB wins. The air up at such high altitude from winning 5 gives me headaches. A much needed break is in order so someone else can win it.

PAChiefsGuy
10-02-2017, 03:22 PM
True. Neither team had a fan base till they won a couple titles. Now, they are everywhere like locusts.

Truth

Red Dawg
10-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Dude, I hardly care. Your opinion is pretty worthless to me, because you're a seething ball of Patriots hatred.

But as for the Browns -- they were god-awful for forever, Belichick had them in the playoffs, and then the very next year idiot Modell announced the move to Baltimore and the team completely tanked. Was his record good? Nah, not really. 6-10, then 7-9 twice, then 11-5 and playoffs. Then the whole move to Baltimore thing and collapse to 5-11 under bizarre circumstances.

Of course they sucked the first year under Bledsoe. The team was a mess -- over the cap, and lacking talent in too many spots. Belichick trimmed the fat, rebuilt the roster in an amazingly short period of time, and won a Super Bowl in 2001 on a team where Brady wasn't exactly a star.

Look, I love Brady too, but nobody should ever confuse the 2001-04 Super Bowl winning Patriots with a passing oriented team. Those teams won with (1) elite defense, (2) very good or better running games, (3) very efficient on all sides of the ball (very few turnovers or other costly mistakes on offense, etc.).

So it's a joke for you to suggest the Patriots have dominated for 15+ years because of one guy. Brady is the GOAT, but Belichick is the guy that has keep that ship on the straight and narrow for a decade-and-a-half. Peyton Manning, for all his greatness, couldnt' win half as many SBs as Brady/BB. Neither has Aaron Rodgers so far. Or Brees, or Eli, or Big Ben, or Rivers, or Flacco, or anybody else in the last 20 years. Not even half.

But hey, keep on hatin' on. The taste of your salty tears are delicious.

The worthless shit you type is annoying. You are just homer without a sense of reality like most Pats fans. They never cheat or get lucky blah blah blah. Go to a Pats now d and leave this one. We don’t want you here.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Pats fans left in droves after falling behind a score to the Chiefs. FUCKING PATHETIC!!!

Basileus777
10-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Pats fans left in droves after falling behind a score to the Chiefs. FUCKING PATHETIC!!!

It was a one point Chiefs lead and people were leaving.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 03:42 PM
It was a one point Chiefs lead and people were leaving.

ROFL Their self worth is COMPLETELY tied to that team.