PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Everyone in the world saw Alex Smith have the best game of his career

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 12:17 AM
How great of redemption story is that?

The majority of other team's fans form their opinions about KC from BSPN and the like.

Everyone universally hates the Patriots...and Smith just did the impossible. 51-1 at home...

Chiefs just became everyone's darlings....slaying Goliath on opening night.

If I weren't a Chiefs fan...I would like them now. They just did what every fan of the NFL wishes their team would have done...especially the AFCE.

This game had mad ratings...1st game of the season.

Just glad Smith finally earned a shit-ton of respect..he deserves it.

Nickhead
09-09-2017, 12:19 AM
if he's still doing this going on week six, i will finally get my wish from the last three years. :D

odds are in his favor. this team, even minus berry is hands down the most well rounded team in years. :thumb:

wazu
09-09-2017, 12:21 AM
Any coincidence we say Clark Hunt chumming it up with Roger Goodell pre-game? The fix is IN!

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 12:22 AM
if he's still doing this going on week six, i will finally get my wish from the last three years. :D

odds are in his favor. this team, even minus berry is hands down the most well rounded team in years. :thumb:

No matter what some of the haters around here say...he's a good dude. I want him to win...

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 12:23 AM
Any coincidence we say Clark Hunt chumming it up with Roger Goodell pre-game? The fix is IN!

I agree with this too...

penbrook
09-09-2017, 12:23 AM
On the bright side the Bills play the Jets and the winner is in first place of the AFC East

Nickhead
09-09-2017, 12:24 AM
i have always hoped he panned out, i just wish it had happened before the chiefs gave up five draft picks to acquire him and replace him in a span of five years :D

penbrook
09-09-2017, 12:24 AM
No matter what some of the haters around here say...he's a good dude. I want him to win...

This!

Nickhead
09-09-2017, 12:25 AM

I agree with this too...

i live on the fringe too... fuck me if i didn't think there was a young padawan talking to his dark side master trying to supplant the evil sith. ROFL

Chiefspants
09-09-2017, 12:25 AM
On the bright side the Bills play the Jets and the winner is in first place of the AFC East

They will tie. 6-6.

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 12:29 AM

That game is going to be fascinating....both are tanking for a QB. Winning is only fucking up their chances...

This is a must watch game.

09-09-2017, 12:30 AM
So one outstanding game and this place wants to become AlexPlanet? Lets talk after he strings a few of these games together.

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 12:39 AM
So one outstanding game and this place wants to become AlexPlanet? Lets talk after he strings a few of these games together.

It's not just that... it's the context and shaping of public opinion. Pundits cant say shit now...Smith handcuffed that narrative.

That was a truly bad-ass time to have your best game...it will go down in KC lore.

Every NFL fan will remember that game...the whole country was a Chiefs fan for a night.

rico
09-09-2017, 12:42 AM

This.

But the dude did pick a pretty good game to have his presumed best game of his career. For reasons already mentioned. Lot of butt hurt bandwagon Pats fans in my area and it was the Alex-Chiefs who caused the hurt in their butts. LMAO

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Not everyone saw it. I was at a Jason Isbell concert at Red Rocks.

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Not everyone saw it. I was at a Jason Isbell concert at Red Rocks.

You're a Donko fan...I was speaking of actual human beings.

09-09-2017, 01:17 AM
It's not just that... it's the context and shaping of public opinion. Pundits cant say shit now...Smith handcuffed that narrative.

That was a truly bad-ass time to have your best game...it will go down in KC lore.

Every NFL fan will remember that game...the whole country was a Chiefs fan for a night.

What would really piss me off is if, this whole time, it was Andy handcuffing him. I don't feel that is the case but....

He did throw downfield a hell of a lot more in San Fran.

Nickhead
09-09-2017, 01:32 AM

and if they lost the next 15? :D

penbrook
09-09-2017, 01:54 AM
Just remember the Pats were leading until the Chiefs went on a 28-3 run. Oh the irony

cooper barrett
09-09-2017, 02:36 AM
What would really piss me off is if, this whole time, it was Andy handcuffing him. I don't feel that is the case but....

He wasn't handcuffing him, he was holding his hand like a set of parents of a millennial twins after one passed away.

He didn't light a fire under his ass and make him do, what I hope they knew, what he needed to do. You did ever hear of Alex11 passing ball 50 yards on his knees did ya. That's because they designed an offense around him vs. making him conform as they are doing now.

Everyone from the beer guy to the bathroom attendant knew that Alex11 was hiding in a cocoon and would raise his ugly head a couple of times a year. No body made a successful effort of breaking him out, maybe didn't try.

eDave
09-09-2017, 02:39 AM

LMAO

cooper barrett
09-09-2017, 02:46 AM
and if they lost the next 15? :D

Then we realize that Mahomes ll was a scam! Alex11 won't be playing past game 3 as Andy likes to go out to eat too much for that, (having his food spat in)

They will fire Veach and buy another disgrace of a QB from another team. PMll15 will make a nice back up at current contract and something for the QB coaches to babysit as the new QB will have their hand held by Andy again.

Alex11 will sign a non guaranteed 1 year deal and then get a 4 year, $25M yr. deal after he takes them to the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

Funny how the full circle theory works with the Chiefs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-09-2017, 03:21 AM

Smith has given us two of the most amazing games in history. An epic comeback against the Chargers, and demolishing the world champs on the biggest stage on opening night. You can't write a better narrative for Smith and Reid right now

cmdrzman
09-09-2017, 03:30 AM

It had the lowest rating of any opening night game....

09-09-2017, 03:41 AM
It had the lowest rating of any opening night game....

Not surprising really. Everybody outside Boston hates the Patriots and most of the country didn't expect the Chiefs to pull the upset.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2017, 07:36 AM

Maybe it has something to do with having the best OL since Smith has been here. But at the same time NE doesn't have the pass rush we will be facing against Denver,LAC and Oakland.

notorious
09-09-2017, 07:40 AM
His trade value is through the roof!

Seriously though, if he has more of these games when it really counts I don't mind if he stays for more than this season.

We shall see.

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2017, 07:40 AM

The majority of other team's fans form their opinions about KC from BSPN and the like.

Everyone universally hates the Patriots...and Smith just did the impossible. 51-1 at home...

If I weren't a Chiefs fan...I would like them now. They just did what every fan of the NFL wishes their team would have done...especially the AFCE.

it's all fake dude. you don't get to enjoy any of this cuz it's all fake like you say.

PAChiefsGuy
09-09-2017, 07:41 AM
Alex 'Montana' Smith is going to light it up this year! Can't wait!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2017, 07:44 AM
His trade value is through the roof!

Seriously though, if he has more of these games when it really counts I don't mind if he stays for more than this season.

We shall see.

It would be a hell of a lot of fun if Smith and Mahomes could split games. Mahomes in the first half to build a huge lead and then Smith to manage the 2nd half and only give half of it back. Win!

Cornstock
09-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Then we realize that Mahomes ll was a scam! Alex11 won't be playing past game 3 as Andy likes to go out to eat too much for that, (having his food spat in)

They will fire Veach and buy another disgrace of a QB from another team. PMll15 will make a nice back up at current contract and something for the QB coaches to babysit as the new QB will have their hand held by Andy again.

Alex11 will sign a non guaranteed 1 year deal and then get a 4 year, $25M yr. deal after he takes them to the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

That analogy was particularly morbid, even for CP. And it lacked any redeeming humor.

Stop saying Alex11. Just stop it.

Cornstock
09-09-2017, 07:49 AM
He wasn't handcuffing him, he was holding his hand like a set of parents of a millennial twins after one passed away.

He didn't light a fire under his ass and make him do, what I hope they knew, what he needed to do. You did ever hear of Alex11 passing ball 50 yards on his knees did ya. That's because they designed an offense around him vs. making him conform as they are doing now.

Everyone from the beer guy to the bathroom attendant knew that Alex11 was hiding in a cocoon and would raise his ugly head a couple of times a year. No body made a successful effort of breaking him out, maybe didn't try.

That analogy was particularly morbid, even for CP. And didn't even have the redeeming humor aspect.

Also, stop saying Alex11. Just stop.

DaFace
09-09-2017, 07:49 AM
It's not a redemption story until he wins the Super Bowl. Thursday was certainly a joy to watch, though.

PutQuinnIn
09-09-2017, 08:15 AM
2yr Ext.

jjchieffan
09-09-2017, 08:27 AM
That analogy was particularly morbid, even for CP. And didn't even have the redeeming humor aspect.

Also, stop saying Alex11. Just stop.

I don't see you telling Clay, SDH, and the rest of the haters to stop calling him ASS11. Why call out someone for calling him Alex11?

bricks
09-09-2017, 08:36 AM

Lol but the problem is, he only has like 6 or 7 300 yard passing games. History suggests this place will not be Alexplanet.

Bearcat
09-09-2017, 08:39 AM

This place has always been one of the most knee-jerking sites on the internet.

DaFace
09-09-2017, 08:49 AM
This place has always been one of the most knee-jerking sites on the internet.Eh, it's just a matter of who has something to brag about at any given time.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Thats awesome! It only took him 13 seasons to reach his ceiling!

cooper barrett
09-09-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't see you telling Clay, SDH, and the rest of the haters to stop calling him ASS11. Why call out someone for calling him Alex11?

I am not sure I want you to intercede on my battles. I am big boy, can handle myself.

cooper barrett
09-09-2017, 01:17 PM
This place has always been one of the most knee-jerking sites on the internet.

Is that what they are jerking?:D:D:D:D:D:D

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2017, 01:27 PM

The ratings were fucking terrible.

A 12% drop over last year's opening Thursday night game, which was a 7% drop over the 2015 Thursday night game.

19% drop in two years.

Fans had better get used to the idea that the NFL salary cap will not continue to rise 5-7% each year after the next CBA is negotiated.

O.city
09-09-2017, 01:54 PM
The ratings were ****ing terrible.

A 12% drop over last year's opening Thursday night game, which was a 7% drop over the 2015 Thursday night game.

19% drop in two years.

Fans had better get used to the idea that the NFL salary cap will not continue to rise 5-7% each year after the next CBA is negotiated.

It still did like a 16. Which is pretty huge. Plus I thought I saw somewhere over a million streamed it

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 01:56 PM
it's all fake dude. you don't get to enjoy any of this cuz it's all fake like you say.

I watched this game with the emotional attachment of a WWF match...it's easily the most blasé I've been towards a big Chiefs win. I predicted that the NFL needed a good headline to start the season...and it got it.

It's fun for talking internet trash to divisional foes but the civic pride I once tied to a football team is over. The NFL is a billionaires club...and KC's owner lives in Dallas and just got caught ripping off the New Mexico taxpayers. The Arrowhead logo doesn't represent anything but a corporate playtoy, a commodity, of a corrupt trustfunder...and the Hunt family tried to corner the Silver market. Monopoly control is the tell-tale maneuver of the elite class.

If they cared about anything other than gouging the plebeian class on an over-hyped product...they wouldn't charge $60 to park and $9 beers. Today's NFL is a far cry from the NFL in the 80's-90's. The stadium are half luxury boxes for the rich and corporate class.

Brady threw the AFCC game against the Donks...and he threw this one too. He looked pretty sharp...then stopped. Their fans were like...what going on with Brady's accuracy? What's up with McDaniels play calling? I was chuckling in my beer...

It was entertainment...like it was designed to be. I dont really consider it a sport though. It's like calling both Miley Cyrus and Picasso "artists".

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 01:58 PM
The ratings were ****ing terrible.

I was speaking in context to the ratings a Chiefs game normally receives...There were a lot of people watching that never get exposed to them.

The NFL gave KC 6 primetime games...it would be an advertising disaster for them to look like shit opening night.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2017, 01:58 PM
It still did like a 16. Which is pretty huge. Plus I thought I saw somewhere over a million streamed it

14.6 compared to 16.5 in 2016

The streaming numbers went up but it was only about 300k.

According to NBC's total audience delivery metric, 22.2 million viewers, down from 2016's haul of 25.4 million viewers.

The league's popularity isn't increasing. I think they may have hit the plateau a few years back and it's very possible viewership is on a permanent decline.

Shaid
09-09-2017, 02:08 PM

According to NBC's total audience delivery metric, 22.2 million viewers, down from 2016's haul of 25.4 million viewers.

The league's popularity isn't increasing. I think they may have hit the plateau a few years back and it's very possible viewership is on a permanent decline.

Probably true but I also wonder if there was a substantial drop in the viewership in areas like Houston that are rebuilding and Florida, which had a ton of people evacuating. I have a buddy who missed the whole game even though he's a big chiefs fan because he had to get his family out of Florida.

Baby Lee
09-09-2017, 03:05 PM

To repeat my new submantra

It's never just one thing

Differences between thursday and the past

WR separation
Trust
Game Plan
Cautiousness
O-line
Pats D

Alex's skills were the same, and his cautiousness was largely the same. The rest was different/improved [well, worsened in the case of PatsD]

Nickhead
09-09-2017, 03:08 PM

i was going over the top... this team wouldn't lose 15 straight even with cassell. but i digress. :D

Nickhead
09-09-2017, 03:09 PM

WR separation
Trust
Game Plan
Cautiousness
O-line
Pats D

Alex's skills were the same, and his cautiousness was largely the same. The rest was different/improved [well, worsened in the case of PatsD]

without the oline holding up, none of those things happen...

this will be my biggest hope for the year, that they finally play like a top five unit :thumb:

NJChiefsFan
09-09-2017, 03:31 PM

WR separation
Trust
Game Plan
Cautiousness
O-line
Pats D

I disagree. Alex has played bad defenses before. Hill and other receivers have run open on deep routes plenty of times with Alex not even caring to look at them.

Alex's skills haven't changed. However he did show a willingness to push them to the limit. I simply can't imagine that Mahomes presence, or maybe better yet, the move to acquire him, didn't rattle something in him.

He may be a great pro, but he is human. Mahomes is not an Alex clone. They didn't draft him to replace what Alex does. They drafted him to at some point change what the offense does. And you don't want to change what the offense does unless you think it's going to improve the team. I'm sure Alex has puzzled that out as well.

Painting this as being all on others around him playing better, that it was always the rest of the 11 holding Alex back from pushing the ball.....I don't buy it. It's it nice defense for Alex, but many of these players existed last year. They existed in the playoff game(as did separation). Perhaps he now won't be worried about making mistakes to lose his job but about making plays to keep it.

vailpass
09-09-2017, 03:50 PM

LMAO god bless you you're the nuttiest fruitcake on this whole board.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Something awesome from that game, alex passed on that crossing route to Kelce for an easy routine 15 yard gain and threw it deep to Tyreek.

The Pat Mahomes / being on the hot seat effect.

vailpass
09-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Something awesome from that game, alex passed on that crossing route to Kelce for an easy routine 15 yard gain and threw it deep to Tyreek.

Oh dear lord they let you out? Perfect timing for you!

Reerun_KC
09-09-2017, 03:58 PM

Smartest thing you've ever posted on CP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Lee
09-09-2017, 04:03 PM
I disagree. Alex has played bad defenses before. Hill and other receivers have run open on deep routes plenty of times with Alex not even caring to look at them.

Alex's skills haven't changed. However he did show a willingness to push them to the limit. I simply can't imagine that Mahomes presence, or maybe better yet, the move to acquire him, didn't rattle something in him.

He may be a great pro, but he is human. Mahomes is not an Alex clone. They didn't draft him to replace what Alex does. They drafted him to at some point change what the offense does. And you don't want to change what the offense does unless you think it's going to improve the team. I'm sure Alex has puzzled that out as well.

Painting this as being all on others around him playing better, that it was always the rest of the 11 holding Alex back from pushing the ball.....I don't buy it. It's it nice defense for Alex, but many of these players existed last year. They existed in the playoff game(as did separation). Perhaps he now won't be worried about making mistakes to lose his job but about making plays to keep it.

So which is it?

Alex has never been and will never be capable of leading a team to playoff success.
or
Alex has always been capable of leading a team to playoff success, but chose not to just to piss you off as a fan.

Guess it doesn't matter. Either way it keeps all attention solely on the QB position and lets you continue to focus all your hate.

Bearcat
09-09-2017, 04:20 PM
FFS LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-09-2017, 04:29 PM
FFS LMAO

It's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Lee
09-09-2017, 04:40 PM
FFS LMAO

You've given us all much to think about.

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 07:02 PM
LMAO god bless you you're the nuttiest fruitcake on this whole board.

Dont think other teams fans enjoyed this...https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4056359-kc-vs-ne-game-thread/?page=26

I didnt even get to Bills/Miami/Jets boards....Face it, you Donkotards were glued too.....

BlackOp
09-09-2017, 07:39 PM
To understand modern NFL "programming"...you have to understand classic narrative themes...and the hermetic principle of polarity. (look it up..learn something) http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php?chapter=X

Goodell isn't making $100k a day because he's great at his job...he's there for the fans to blame. He's a buffer outlet for the owners....the court jester. The whole Brady thing was manufactured and Terrific Tom was in on it...Evil Commissioner unfairly persecuting NFL darling. I saw that horseshit from a mile away. I predicted the "Brady revenge tour" before the 2016 season started...and Shanarat jr. finished it. He got a HC gig for playing...

Fans one/Goodell zero

Fans mock the evil king...wearing clown shirts. Patriots magically lose on national broadcast...King one/Fans one.

And all the while..the average fan is ignorant of the game being played on them.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 02:53 PM
So which is it?

Alex has never been and will never be capable of leading a team to playoff success.
or
Alex has always been capable of leading a team to playoff success, but chose not to just to piss you off as a fan.

Guess it doesn't matter. Either way it keeps all attention solely on the QB position and lets you continue to focus all your hate.

I don't hate Alex. I've never said I do nor have I ever said he can't have success in the playoffs. Not sure why you want me to answer for things others have said. I have said that if he plays the way he tends to he won't go deep into the playoffs.

You know damn well I didn't mean that he "chooses not to piss me off" to but if you aren't interested in having an actual conversation and only want to twist words to make a poster look bad so be it.

Alex has conservative tendencies. They've been there for most of his career. They weren't there the other night and I disagree with you that it was the offense around him that really caused that change.

vailpass
09-10-2017, 02:54 PM
To understand modern NFL "programming"...you have to understand classic narrative themes...and the hermetic principle of polarity. (look it up..learn something) http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php?chapter=X

Goodell isn't making $100k a day because he's great at his job...he's there for the fans to blame. He's a buffer outlet for the owners....the court jester. The whole Brady thing was manufactured and Terrific Tom was in on it...Evil Commissioner unfairly persecuting NFL darling. I saw that horseshit from a mile away. I predicted the "Brady revenge tour" before the 2016 season started...and Shanarat jr. finished it. He got a HC gig for playing...

Fans one/Goodell zero

Fans mock the evil king...wearing clown shirts. Patriots magically lose on national broadcast...King one/Fans one.

And all the while..the average fan is ignorant of the game being played on them.

Take your meds bro, you can't skip even one day.

Baby Lee
09-10-2017, 03:02 PM
I don't hate Alex. I've never said I do nor have I ever said he can't have success in the playoffs. Not sure why you want me to answer for things others have said. I have said that if he plays the way he tends to he won't go deep into the playoffs.

You know damn well I didn't mean that he "chooses not to piss me off" to but if you aren't interested in having an actual conversation and only want to twist words to make a poster look bad so be it.

Alex has conservative tendencies. They've been there for most of his career. They weren't there the other night and I disagree with you that it was the offense around him that really caused that change.

I apologize if I misattributed.

We agree he has conservative tendencies.
We disagree whether the change Thursday was 'really' Mahomes or increased comfort with personnel on the field, or just a banged up Pats D not adjusting well. Depending on what 'really' means.

Not trying to make you look bad, just weary of everything coming back to the simplistic narrative that's come to define CP, and when you pushed back on my 'It's never just one thing' post it smacked a bit of 'No. As always, it's just one thing.'

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 03:18 PM
I apologize if I misattributed.

We agree he has conservative tendencies.
We disagree whether the change Thursday was 'really' Mahomes or increased comfort with personnel on the field, or just a banged up Pats D not adjusting well. Depending on what 'really' means.

Not trying to make you look bad, just weary of everything coming back to the simplistic narrative that's come to define CP, and when you pushed back on my 'It's never just one thing' post it smacked a bit of 'No. As always, it's just one thing.'

And to clarify I'm not trying to lay this success at the feet of Mahomes for being "so good" that he even makes Smith play better. I do think it's human nature for Alex to see the Mahomes selection as a shot across the bow.

Maybe it was the crushing loss last year. Maybe him and the coaching staff decided it was time to be more agressive. I just personally think that was more a philosophical change than a talent change.

Now I would agree that he was more comfortable in the pocket and probably due to his trust of the line and the NE D. But what he did with that pocket was different than normal. Looking deep many times when in the past he wouldn't.

Baby Lee
09-10-2017, 03:25 PM
And to clarify I'm not trying to lay this success at the feet of Mahomes for being "so good" that he even makes Smith play better. I do think it's human nature for Alex to see the Mahomes selection as a shot across the bow.

Maybe it was the crushing loss last year. Maybe him and the coaching staff decided it was time to step up. I just personally think that was more a philosophical change than a talent change.

Now I would agree that he was more comfortable in the pocket and probably due to his trust of the line and the NE D. But what he did with that pocket was different than normal. Looking deep many times when in the past he wouldn't.

We may well be talking potayto/potahto, I dunno.

The other day I posted that, if you could read Alex's mind in-game, one thought you'd never hear is 'I wonder what will happen if I . . . ' So going deeper with regularity is about getting Alex to a level of comfort about what will happen, not his skill level or cowardice. So it's not just about better personnel, it's personnel he trusts and knows what will happen.

I may be wrong, but if the Mahomes pressure effect was a driving force, as opposed to comfort and certainty, in his longer passes, . . . if it's feeling a need to play outside his comfort zone, . . then we'll see it eventually in risky or ill-advised passes, not well-executed passes schemed for ahead of the snap.

RippedmyFlesh
09-10-2017, 03:32 PM
just a banged up Pats D not adjusting well. .

This more than anything else. Never expected them to look that disorganized.
Didn't think I would say this but we will see better defenses.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 03:32 PM
We may well be talking potayto/potahto, I dunno.

The other day I posted that, if you could read Alex's mind in-game, one thought you'd never hear is 'I wonder what will happen if I . . . ' So going deeper with regularity is about getting Alex to a level of comfort about what will happen, not his skill level or cowardice. So it's not just about better personnel, it's personnel he trusts and knows what will happen.

I may be wrong, but if the Mahomes pressure effect was a driving force, as opposed to comfort and certainty, in his longer passes, . . . if it's feeling a need to play outside his comfort zone, . . then we'll see it eventually in risky or ill-advised passes, not well-executed passes schemed for ahead of the snap.

The personnel, especially at the WR position, is worse. At least short-term. He looked like a different QB than most of his career here. Saying it's one offseason with Hill doesn't do it for me.

Even that throw to Robinson in the endzone was more of a calculated risk than normal. I can't believe his comfort level with Robinson is higher than it was with Maclin in the past. Or even Hill at the end of last year when he was not looking to push the ball.

It wasn't even just his completions. There were a few times where he looked deep and then checked down instead of wanting the check down the second the play started.

Baby Lee
09-10-2017, 03:35 PM

This more than anything else. Never expected them to look that disorganized.
Didn't think I would say this but we will see better defenses.

Likely within the week.

T-post Tom
09-10-2017, 04:03 PM
The personnel, especially at the WR position, is worse. At least short-term. He looked like a different QB than most of his career here. Saying it's one offseason with Hill doesn't do it for me. Even that throw to Robinson in the endzone was more of a calculated risk than normal. I can't believe his comfort level with Robinson is higher than it was with Maclin in the past. Or even Hill at the end of last year when he was not looking to push the ball. It wasn't even just his completions. There were a few times where he looked deep and then checked down instead of wanting the check down the second the play started.

I think that Reid has decided that this team has to push the ball more in order to win. Especially to win in the playoffs against elite QBs. (Different situation, but reminds me of Marty's "chunks of yards".)

So this game (and the preseason) was a good petri dish. This seems more plausible to me, vs. Smith feeling any kind of pressure from Mahomes. JMHO.

jaa1025
09-10-2017, 04:18 PM

2 Primary reasons for this IMO

Politics are infiltrating football, which has been a great escape from reality that has brought people from all walks of life together...now they are being torn apart because of it. Whether it's on every sports talk show, website, radio station talking about the Kaep, BLM etc. It's a huge turnoff for a lot of people.

Over saturation. They really need to get rid of the Thursday night game. It's almost always an awful game anyways because teams have problems preparing for it. Opening night is easier obviously because they can prepare for it all off season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Notes:

Usual fluffery nonsense. Time wasted in this thread = 10.268 seconds.

Thread option:
Diarrhea shit-blast nuke.

BlackOp
09-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Notes:
Usual fluffery nonsense. Time wasted in this thread = 10.268 seconds.

What's hilarious is you've wasted months/entire off-season and countless hours infecting every thread with hating on Smith...only to have him erase your BS in 3 hours. ROFL

BlackOp
09-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Thread option:
Diarrhea shit-blast nuke.

Your whole internet persona got diarrhea blasted on Thursday night...no one cares what you think. Now you have an identity crisis because Smith is the #1 ranked QB in the NFL...your shtick is dead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Your whole internet persona got diarrhea blasted on Thursday night...no one cares what you think. Now you have an identity crisis because Smith is the #1 ranked QB in the NFL...your shtick is dead.

ROFL

Smith One Game Syndrome.

Were you not here last season? Or do you simply choose to have the memory of a floor-shitting labradoodle?

No matter.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-10-2017, 07:58 PM
The personnel, especially at the WR position, is worse. At least short-term. He looked like a different QB than most of his career here. Saying it's one offseason with Hill doesn't do it for me.

Even that throw to Robinson in the endzone was more of a calculated risk than normal. I can't believe his comfort level with Robinson is higher than it was with Maclin in the past. Or even Hill at the end of last year when he was not looking to push the ball.

It wasn't even just his completions. There were a few times where he looked deep and then checked down instead of wanting the check down the second the play started.

Good ol pass protection will do that for ya.
The moment teams start bringing more personnel against us you better get comfortable with more screen passes and inside routes. Take what the defense gives you.

milkman
09-10-2017, 08:04 PM
What's hilarious is you've wasted months/entire off-season and countless hours infecting every thread with hating on Smith...only to have him erase your BS in 3 hours. ROFL

One game does not erase years of mediocrity.

Simply Red
09-10-2017, 08:07 PM
One game does not erase years of mediocrity.

maybe, but I was pleased - I can comfortably say - he's NFL QB statistical leader even beyond close of business, tomorrow.

Simply Red
09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee
09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
ROFL

Smith One Game Syndrome.

Were you not here last season? Or do you simply choose to have the memory of a floor-shitting labradoodle?

No matter.

Not sure I'd run with 'where were you' smaque after 'leaving forever' last year.

milkman
09-10-2017, 08:10 PM
maybe, but I was pleased - I can comfortably say - he's NFL QB statistical leader even beyond close of business, tomorrow.

That's great.

He played a game that I and others have believed that he is capable of, which is what makes him so frustrating.

Simply Red
09-10-2017, 08:19 PM
That's great.

He played a game that I and others have believed that he is capable of, which is what makes him so frustrating.

Maybe it took Mahomes up the ass. IDK - I was still pleased. The team looks good - I hope it was just as fun for you to watch on Thurs, Milk.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:20 PM
I've been a huge Smith fan. I followed him here after SF. He's my favorite player, as was Priest Holmes, so I follow a guy and my main team (Cincinnati). I cannot and have not watched my main team, Cincinnati, since their last two Marvin Lewis extensions. Ironically, Alex will probably go to the Cardinals next season, Marvin should be gone, and all of you will be crying over your bullshit against Alex Smith... Just like 49'ers fans

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NmzYhXkjGzE

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 08:23 PM
all of you will be crying over your bullshit against Alex Smith...

No, we won't. Odds are against him doing anything this year. If he goes, he goes, and it will more than likely be time for him to move on.

When he's gone we will very happily enjoy develop a dynamic talent at QB for the first time in our entire fucking lives.

Simply Red
09-10-2017, 08:26 PM

Thanks Pal, I've striped naked and am oiling up my cock watching old 49'er tape!

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:28 PM
No, we won't. Odds are against him doing anything this year. If he goes, he goes, and it will more than likely be time for him to move on.

When he's gone we will very happily enjoy develop a dynamic talent at QB for the first time in our entire ****ing lives.

I bet you hope he fails every game... You know, not destroying the Patriots at home or anything. Certainly, the odds have swung quite a bit. Even before half, he was playing very well.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Thanks Pal, I've striped naked and am oiling up my cock watching old 49'er tape!

No Niners film in it... Sorry to blue ball you.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 08:33 PM
I bet you hope he fails every game... You know, not destroying the Patriots at home or anything. Certainly, the odds have swung quite a bit. Even before half, he was playing very well.

Before the half he was shot with luck that the Pats dropped a pick six and it wasn't 24-7.

The first half was the same old Smithian bullshit we've come to know and loathe.

Admittedly he was stellar after halftime.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Oh, someone dropped an interception? That never happens... Let's just be honest. Smith is starting every game this year if healthy. Root for the guy. If he does poorly, the team loses. Be excited. He has won a lot of games at KC. Rarely has he ever been the reason for lost games for KC.

BlackOp
09-10-2017, 08:44 PM

When he's gone we will very happily enjoy develop a dynamic talent at QB for the first time in our entire ****ing lives.

All you career Smith-bashers dont know what to talk about this week...it's hilarious.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 08:45 PM
All you career Smith-bashers dont know what to talk about this week...it's hilarious.

You think we haven't been here before?

We'll weather the storm. Tyreek Hill can't tell Smith when to throw the ball deep every game.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Before the half he was shot with luck that the Pats dropped a pick six and it wasn't 24-7.

The first half was the same old Smithian bullshit we've come to know and loathe.

Admittedly he was stellar after halftime.

You mean 19/23 and a 145.5 rating? Gotcha.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I know you've probably been here before trashing a quarterback that wins 10+/yr

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 08:50 PM
You mean 19/23 and a 145.5 rating? Gotcha.

Like I get what you're saying, but if the Pats had held on to that pick all that bullshit would have been good for is 7 points and a 24-7 deficit.

You can't walk that razor's edge every week.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:53 PM
That's every game in the NFL... What are you watching? If he didn't complete a pass, it'd be swung. If someone didn't gain 4 yards, it's a swing. If, if, if... You sound really unrealistic.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 08:55 PM
That's every game in the NFL... What are you watching?

No, not necessarily.

I think you'll find the Eagles defense won't be so forgiving.

Smith will need to be a little more consistent.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 08:56 PM
That's every game in the NFL... What are you watching? If he didn't complete a pass, it'd be swung. If someone didn't gain 4 yards, it's a swing. If, if, if... You sound really unrealistic.

To be fair that particular play was huge. You need breaks to beat NE at home and KC took advantage of it. Could have been 24-7 and instead we went down and made it 17-14.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:57 PM
No, not necessarily.

I think you'll find the Eagles defense won't be so forgiving.

Smith will need to be a little more consistent.

The Eagles secondary is absolutely terrible.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 08:58 PM
To be fair that particular play was huge. You need breaks to beat NE at home and KC took advantage of it. Could have been 24-7 and instead we went down and made it 17-14.

I'm not saying it isn't huge, but drops happen all the time. It's not luck... It happens. That's like saying if Gronk caught the TD. Well, he didn't. Wait, how did we score? That's being fair.

Chief Roundup
09-10-2017, 08:59 PM

One game does not a season make, nor does it overcome or outweigh what is Smiths normal play. He will have to continue to play like this or it is just more of his flashing what could be instead of what actually is his style of play.

Baby Lee
09-10-2017, 09:00 PM
It's like Berman didn't make an entire career of saying 'it's a game of inches' and 'that's why we play the games' week after week after week.

Chief Roundup
09-10-2017, 09:01 PM
I've been a huge Smith fan. I followed him here after SF. all of you will be crying over your bullshit against Alex Smith... Just like 49'ers fans

Great another one :facepalm:

Simply Red
09-10-2017, 09:01 PM
No Niners film in it... Sorry to blue ball you.

I know - I'd started another tape!

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 09:02 PM
The Eagles secondary is absolutely terrible.

Looked OK today.

And their front seven a lot better.

cooper barrett
09-10-2017, 09:06 PM

The idiots in new England and in CP both agree that Thursday's game was anything but a FLUCK!

Both sites agree that we will not see each other in the conference playoffs.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Looked OK today.

And their front seven a lot better.

Darby is gone. The rest have very little experience. Let's not forget Cousin's has a completely different WR group.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2017, 09:13 PM

When he's gone we will very happily enjoy develop a dynamic talent at QB for the first time in our entire fucking lives.

This, this, and oh-so much this.

The "Alex is gonna' get it this season(!)"-show is about to mercifully canceled for all-time in Kansas City.

Thank thee, God.

Bugeater
09-10-2017, 09:14 PM
I've been a huge Smith fan. I followed him here after SF. He's my favorite player, as was Priest Holmes, so I follow a guy and my main team (Cincinnati). I cannot and have not watched my main team, Cincinnati, since their last two Marvin Lewis extensions. Ironically, Alex will probably go to the Cardinals next season, Marvin should be gone, and all of you will be crying over your bullshit against Alex Smith... Just like 49'ers fans

And thankfully, you and all the rest of his cock gobblers will go to the Cardinals with him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2017, 09:16 PM
And thankfully, you and all the rest of his cock gobblers will go to the J-E-T-S with him.

Alex will look smashing in his green and white uniform.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 09:22 PM
And thankfully, you and all the rest of his cock gobblers will go to the Cardinals with him.

Well, when was the last time a QB won KC 10+ games/yr on average? You root for a guy to leave. It's unbelievable. 7th best QB Rating in playoff history. A holding call and tons of drops last year in the playoffs cloud judgment.

threebag
09-10-2017, 09:26 PM

Funny thing is he did it them most of last year too. Dumbass fucktards

l4z4rd
09-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Alex will look smashing in his green and white uniform.

you must be enjoying waiting for the 2019 season.

Bugeater
09-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Well, when was the last time a QB won KC 10+ games/yr on average? You root for a guy to leave. It's unbelievable. 7th best QB Rating in playoff history. A holding call and tons of drops last year in the playoffs cloud judgment.
You misunderstand. I am not rooting for him to leave. I am rooting for the creepy groupies like yourself who see no wrong in him that keep infecting this board to leave.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 09:31 PM
You misunderstand. I am not rooting for him to leave. I am rooting for the creepy groupies like yourself who see no wrong in him that keep infecting this board to leave.

Woah... simmer, brother. I've been here for four years, post original Chiefs videos, and RARELY post. Look at my post count. **** off.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Anyone here still taking Flacco, Dalton, or Cutler over Smith right now? ROFL

Bugeater
Woah... simmer, brother. I've been here for two years, post original Chiefs videos, and RARELY post. Look at my post count. Fuck off.
We already have a guy who posts original videos that are probably far better than yours. Rarely post? Please keep it that way.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Woah... simmer, brother. I've been here for four years, post original Chiefs videos, and RARELY post. Look at my post count. **** off.

He's a douche bag that gives KC fans a bad name, just place him on ignore. It's virtually impossible to sift thru his posting history and find anything of any value.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 09:36 PM
We already have a guy who posts original videos that are probably far better than yours. Rarely post? Please keep it that way.

I'd love to watch them. Can you link me? I won't say your opinion is wrong, but I will let you know I was video producer for the NFL.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I'm not saying it isn't huge, but drops happen all the time. It's not luck... It happens. That's like saying if Gronk caught the TD. Well, he didn't. Wait, how did we score? That's being fair.

It's like Berman didn't make an entire career of saying 'it's a game of inches' and 'that's why we play the games' week after week after week.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm not discrediting the result in any way, just pointing out how games swing on a few huge 50/50 plays and that was probably the biggest along with the Gronk drop.

I think it's probably more of an argument for why the sky isn't falling for the Pats then anything else. They got those two big plays wrong and let the Chiefs stay in it. KC made them pay in the 4th quarter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2017, 09:39 PM

When DID the QB win KC 10 games a year? Because aside from his annual wad-blow, I don't see Alex "winning" shit. I do however see a great team dragging his underachieving ass to a few victories, though.

you must be enjoying waiting for the 2018 season.
Fixed.
Also, you'll be seeing Mahomes on the field before the year is out. I really look forward to watching him school Alex's pep-squad on what an NFL QB can actually do.
Consistently.

Bugeater
09-10-2017, 09:39 PM
He's a douche bag that gives KC fans a bad name, just place him on ignore. It's virtually impossible to sift thru his posting history and find anything of any value.
Hey at least I'm an actual fan, dickbreath. Not somebody who followed a mediocre QB to the franchise.

penbrook
09-10-2017, 09:41 PM
When DID the QB win KC 10 games a year? Because aside from his annual wad-blow, I don't see Alex "winning" shit. I do however see a great team dragging his underachieving ass to a few victories, though.

Fixed.
Also, you'll be seeing Mahomes on the field before the year is out. I really look forward to watching him school Alex's pep-squad on what an NFL QB can actually do.
Consistently.

Only way Mahomey sees the field is if Smitty gets hurt

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2017, 09:42 PM

True...

Hammock Parties
09-10-2017, 09:43 PM

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QYXPNDxkdsg/WYsuKA3s2LI/AAAAAAAAPDM/FmM62WWoCCQbYeWPz3_gJo_LiGQwsPqogCLcBGAs/s640/birdman.gif

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 09:45 PM

Fixed.
Consistently.

I'd say winning the 3rd most percentage of games since 2011 is consistent, wouldn't you? 61-25-1. Every good team has a good defense. Let's be honest here.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 09:49 PM
I'd say winning the 3rd most percentage of games since 2011 is consistent, wouldn't you? 61-25-1. Every good team has a good defense. Let's be honest here.

The man in your avatar played on a good team with a terrible defense in 2003.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Hey at least I'm an actual fan, dickbreath. Not somebody who followed a mediocre QB to the franchise.

A few of us spent a good decade sacrificing their life to learn the art of medicine. And now I get to reap the benefits of my hard work

I've learned more about football in 6 years as an avid follower of the NFL then you have in 20 years of watching it. Hell, I probably knew more about football in the 15 years before that casually watching half a game a week.

So there's that, cupcake.

BlackOp
09-10-2017, 09:52 PM

They weren't a good team...they just scored a lot of points. It was fun to watch...probably how Saints fans feel.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-10-2017, 09:55 PM

SDH is a great one to put on ignore too. He's a meth head and sociopath. Dane will tell you all about it..

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 09:56 PM

14 years ago. That's how you should feel right now.

threebag
09-10-2017, 09:58 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/68/a1/75/68a17545599ff00ad98b15fe027edb0b--chiefs-football-kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 09:58 PM
14 years ago. That's how you should feel right now.

I should feel 14 years ago?

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 10:03 PM
I should feel 14 years ago?

No, you should feel stupid for making such a statement about a team 14 years ago and couldn't win a divisional playoff game... by giving up 38 points

threebag
09-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Wish I felt 14 years ago. I was in my early 30's banging a hot ass 18 yr old blonde babe.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 10:08 PM
No, you should feel stupid for making such a statement about a team 14 years ago and couldn't win a divisional playoff game... by giving up 38 points

Ah now I see. Much better by you this time. Well played indeed.

The 2003 Chiefs share a lot in common with the 90's Chiefs and their defenses as far as playoff results go. You might want to take yourself a little less serious. Wasn't much meant by my original comment. Just observing that the very man in your avatar played on a 13-3 team without a defense. Wasn't trying to derail your precious thesis.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Wish I felt 14 years ago. I was in my early 30's banging a hot ass 18 yr old blonde babe.

Nice. I personally wish I felt 5 years ago.

Bugeater
09-10-2017, 10:17 PM
A few of us spent a good decade sacrificing their life to learn the art of medicine. And now I get to reap the benefits of my hard work

I've learned more about football in 6 years as an avid follower of the NFL then you have in 20 years of watching it. Hell, I probably knew more about football in the 15 years before that casually watching half a game a week.

So there's that, cupcake.
ROFL Everything I know about football I learned from ASS11.

I don't give two shits about what you do for a living or what it took to get you there. I also have no idea what that has to do with anything but if you think I've never worked long hours to get the shit I want you can go fuck yourself. Goddamn uppity piece of shit you don't know a fucking thing about me.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Nice. I personally wish I felt 5 years ago.

I just loved Priest Holmes. I'm fairly young. He made me like the Chiefs... bad injury luck for him. We've all watched great offensive teams lose. It happens all the time. If your QB is bad and your defense is good, you'll lose, too. I like Smith because he doesn't cause losses nearly as much as he wins. He doesn't make many bad throws between those scrutinized 7yd passes. No one ever says Dwayne Bowe didn't bother concentrating on two hands and touching his toes at the end of the Colts playoff game. It would have been a FG win (he one armed, didn't bother finding his feet). Everyone just loves to hate on Alex Smith for being at the helm on a team that doesn't lose very often because he doesn't give them the whole high-5 factor.

RunKC
09-10-2017, 10:24 PM

The coaching staff is why this team has won 10 games or more nearly every year.
Alex had several gigantic missed opportunities in the Steelers playoff game that would have won us the game.

SportsVideoGuy
09-10-2017, 10:26 PM
Alex had several gigantic missed opportunities in the Steelers playoff game that would have won us the game.

Kind of like Spencer Ware's DROP with no one on his side of the field...

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2017, 10:29 PM

The game against the Patriots showed this Franchise's true potential.

It won't likely happen this year but clearly, the future is brighter than it's even been, and IMO, in the history of the Chiefs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-10-2017, 10:34 PM
ROFL Everything I know about football I learned from ASS11.

I don't give two shits about what you do for a living or what it took to get you there. I also have no idea what that has to do with anything but if you think I've never worked long hours to get the shit I want you can go **** yourself. Goddamn uppity piece of shit you don't know a ****ing thing about me.

Tap out acknowledged. Good night.

BlackOp
09-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Kind of like Spencer Ware's DROP with no one on his side of the field...

Smith was humble enough to acknowledge that Mahomes was a more instinctual QB...where he is more cerebral. He's never had a QB pressing him with that trait...Kaep was just a guy who could run w/ a strong arm. PM is a natural QB...just raw.

We just saw Smith letting it rip in a way he hasn't since the Colts game...and if having Mahomes in the LR influences him to take more risks...he's going to be a damn good QB. One or two 30+ yard passes a game...and KC is a legit SB team. Opponents arent going to be able defense them like they have in the past...

penbrook
09-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Smith was humble enough to acknowledge that Mahomes was a more instinctual QB...where he is more cerebral. He's never had a QB pressing him with that trait...Kaep was just a guy who could run w/ a strong arm. PM is a natural QB...just raw.

We just saw Smith letting it rip in a way he hasn't since the Colts game...and if having Mahomes in the LR influences him to take more risks...he's going to be a damn good QB. One or two 30+ yard passes a game...and KC is a legit SB team. Opponents arent going to be able defense them like they have in the past...

This! :clap: