PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Shannon v. Gonzalez

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2017, 08:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jC4bB3b17yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoy, but don't get all riled up about it on a Sunday. Entertainment only.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2017, 08:11 AM
I watched this the other day, pretty funny. But there's no debate.

Direckshun
09-10-2017, 08:17 AM
There will be a pretty good debate about Gonzalez vs. Gronk someday.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Super bowl wins trump everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Direckshun
09-10-2017, 08:22 AM

This just in -- Flacco > Marino!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Both solid dudes. Wish Kelce stopped living in gronk's shadow and knock off the immature antics

CupidStunt
09-10-2017, 08:45 AM

Even for QBs it's a stretch but has SOME validity at least.

For TEs? :LOL:

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2017, 08:55 AM
This just in -- Flacco > Marino!

I've been thinking about old Dan recently and while Marino was great and had one of the quickest releases ever, he doesn't matter anymore. Even Joe Montana is completely faded from view.

Is Flacco better than Marino was as an individual QB? I don't think so but results matter in the end. So from a results perspective, yeah Flacco did out perform Dan Marino. Thus, Sharpe outperformed Gonzalez by a mile with 3 Super Bowl rings with two different teams. Both retired at the top of the TE statistics in their careers.

Edit in bold

RippedmyFlesh
09-10-2017, 09:02 AM
I've been thinking about old Dan recently and while Marino was great and had one of the quickest releases ever, he doesn't matter anymore. Even Joe Montana is completely faded from view.

Is Flacco better than Marino was as an individual QB? I think so but results matter in the end. So from a results perspective, yeah Flacco did out perform Dan Marino. Thus, Sharpe outperformed Gonzalez by a mile with 3 Super Bowl rings with two different teams. Both retired at the top of the TE statistics in their careers.

So by your thinking dilfer was better than marino because he won a sb?

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2017, 09:38 AM
So by your thinking dilfer was better than marino because he won a sb?

It's not about better or worse. It's about results. So yeah, Dilfer did achieve a better result in Super Bowl wins over Dan Marino. That's a fact. I'd also say that after watching both men analyze football over the past 15 years or so, that Dilfer appears to be a smarter QB than Marino too.

POND_OF_RED
09-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Shannon is like a woman scorned in that video. I love it. You can tell how much he hates Tony for taking all his records and making him obsolete in the TE history books.

vailpass
09-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Both stud TEs. Shannon got it done in the big games with rings for two different teams. Tony G never got the chance.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2017, 10:29 AM

Maybe, but I don't see Gronk surviving (Tony's best achievement IMO) like Tony did in the NFL.

Rausch
09-10-2017, 10:30 AM
I watched this the other day, pretty funny. But there's no debate.

They just argue over which fruits and nuts to eat and who Trump hates more?...

Rausch
09-10-2017, 10:34 AM
I will always hate Sharpe with the red hot intensity of a THOUSAND suns...

Discuss Thrower
09-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Sharpe had what, Horseface, Bubby Brister and Trent Dilfer throwing him the ball?

I mean...

Mile High Mania
09-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Sharpe had what, Horseface, Bubby Brister and Trent Dilfer throwing him the ball?

I mean...

I didn't watch the video... can't stand Skip.

Those are two of the greatest TEs of our generation and of all the NFL. Arguing over who got to play with whom is kind of silly and changes with whatever topics people want to defend.

RobBlake
09-10-2017, 10:50 AM
It's not about better or worse. It's about results. So yeah, Dilfer did achieve a better result in Super Bowl wins over Dan Marino. That's a fact. I'd also say that after watching both men analyze football over the past 15 years or so, that Dilfer appears to be a smarter QB than Marino too.

I can see your line of thought.. who is the better qb? Someone who can rip a defense, take gutsy throws and reads or the guy the takes advantage of the strength of his team and understands his own weaknesses?

38yrsfan
09-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Sharpe is also the president of his own fan club.

MahiMike
09-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Both solid dudes. Wish Kelce stopped living in gronk's shadow and knock off the immature antics

uh no. One guy can't talk around his lips. And you don't wanna hear what he has to say anyway.

fan4ever
09-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I wish just once someone would say "suffering succotash" ala Sylvester the cat after one of Shannon's rants.

RealSNR
09-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Heeba beeba biddy ba bow boo booo

LoneWolf
09-10-2017, 06:52 PM

Bullshit. Gronk will never play enough games to be in the discussion.

LoneWolf
09-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Both stud TEs. Shannon got it done in the big games with rings for two different teams. Tony G never got the chance.

Yeah, his 8 total catches for less than 100 yds and 0 tds in three Super Bowls is really "getting it done". He rode Terrel Davis and John Elway to two rings and the Raven defense to another.

Red Dawg
09-10-2017, 07:29 PM

TEs don't win SBs. Shannon's rings are the same as the punters. He was there so he got one. Tony was a better player period.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2017, 05:26 AM
Yeah, his 8 total catches for less than 100 yds and 0 tds in three Super Bowls is really "getting it done". He rode Terrel Davis and John Elway to two rings and the Raven defense to another.

:rolleyes: Shannon was truly the 3rd passing option in that offense...

He didn't dominate the SBs, so yeah he must be terrible. ROFL Sharpe caught 7 of the 9 targets he had in the two SB wins in Denver, sorry he didn't light up the stats board for some of ya.

TEs don't win SBs. Shannon's rings are the same as the punters. He was there so he got one. Tony was a better player period.

Possibly... I gave up the player debates years ago. They were both awesome. TG played a more critical piece of the passing game for all those years as he was really the only consistently legit option. In Denver, Sharpe played behind Smith and Ed for the most part. In Baltimore, they weren't a pass happy bunch. Either way, both players were damn good and we're both really happy with the guy that played for our teams.

bobbything
09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
People are arguing who was the better tight end because of Super Bowl wins? Belly laugh.

By that logic Marv Fleming is the greatest tight end of all time.

WhiteWhale
09-11-2017, 10:33 AM
I vote Tony, but the competition is much closer in the 'who's the bigger asshole' race.

I remember watching Hard Knocks and seeing that Tony was 'that guy'.

You know... that guy you work with who complains about everything all the time without reprieve? I guess fortunately 'that guy' usually sucks at his job, but Tony didn't.

ChiTown
09-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Listening to Thannon Tharpe is about as brutal as listening to Lou Holtz. Geezus!

vailpass
09-11-2017, 10:47 AM

He already is, where have you been.

Bullshit. Gronk will never play enough games to be in the discussion.

Your not knowing this is understandable but there are other playoff games you have to win to get to the SB. Sharpe made crucial catches in them, Elway listed him as his go-to receiver. Both Sharpe and TG were great TEs. It's a crime TG never got to play in any big games.

T-post Tom
09-11-2017, 10:55 AM
"Skip and Shannon: UNDISPUTED" is unwatchable for me. Can't stand to listen to either of them for more than 10 seconds. They're out of their depth and lack the tools to prop up their copycat show.

LoneWolf
09-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Your not knowing this is understandable but there are other playoff games you have to win to get to the SB. Sharpe made crucial catches in them, Elway listed him as his go-to receiver. Both Sharpe and TG were great TEs. It's a crime TG never got to play in any big games.

Shannon Sharpe was a ghost for Denver in the playoffs. He averaged around 3 catches for under 40 yds per game in the playoffs for Denver and he never scored a TD in the playoffs. You know who has more playoff TDs for Denver that Shannon Sharpe? Neil Smith.

Sharpe was always a rocked up wide receiver who disappeared in the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Shannon Sharpe was a ghost for Denver in the playoffs. He averaged around 3 catches for under 40 yds per game in the playoffs for Denver and he never scored a TD in the playoffs. You know who has more playoff TDs for Denver that Shannon Sharpe? Neil Smith.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SharSh00/gamelog/post/

At least try... he had 2 TDs with Denver and 2 with Baltimore.

In Denver, he was always the 3rd option in the passing game. But, roll with whatever you like, it's not worth the time to debate.

vailpass
09-11-2017, 01:51 PM

Dumb. As. Fuck.
Your bitterman is showing.

LoneWolf
09-11-2017, 01:51 PM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SharSh00/gamelog/post/

At least try... he had 2 TDs with Denver and 2 with Baltimore.

In Denver, he was always the 3rd option in the passing game. But, roll with whatever you like, it's not worth the time to debate.

In the Super Bowl years he had zero. You know the years he was trying to blast Tony Gonzalez about when Tony lowered himself to go on his crappy show.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2017, 01:53 PM
In the Super Bowl years he had zero. You know the years he was trying to blast Tony Gonzalez about when Tony lowered himself to go on his crappy show.

Who cares?

Simply Red
I dates Shannon's designer, she a hoe. I'm glad I didn't stick my dick in her.

Simply Red
Shannon lives in Atlanta right behind Phipps Plaza FYI

LoneWolf
09-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Who cares?

Obviously Mush Mouth Sharpe does based on his actions on his show. He couldn't hold Tony Gonzalez's jock and it really pisses him off.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Obviously Mush Mouth Sharpe does based on his actions on his show. He couldn't hold Tony Gonzalez's jock and it really pisses him off.

Enh, whatever. He can have a beef with whomever he likes... it's no concern of mine.

Pueblo Chieftan
09-11-2017, 02:36 PM
They just argue over which fruits and nuts to eat and who Trump hates more?...

Or, we can look at Shannon Sharpe, Sammy Sosa comparisons. If Shannon bleached his skin who looks more like a vampire..

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2017, 02:45 PM
To me it sounds like to buddies busting each other's balls

Mile High Mania
09-11-2017, 03:03 PM

I think there's a lot of that as well... it is for TV and the show sucks. So, create a controversy. I doubt the two really have issues with the other.

Pueblo Chieftan
09-11-2017, 03:40 PM
I think there's a lot of that as well... it is for TV and the show sucks. So, create a controversy. I doubt the two really have issues with the other.

I don't know man, but that ringer, Gonalez cat, real cool super slick, seems like a Sosa only on the super duper..

Pueblo Chieftan
09-11-2017, 03:44 PM

to you it may seem that way. to the rest of us it sounds an awful lot like a Marcia/Jan fest..

Pueblo Chieftan
09-11-2017, 03:46 PM

Didn't care to make a list of facts to prove a point?