PDA

View Full Version : Football Tony Romo, One Week in: Best Commentator in the NFL

Strongside
09-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Half joking, but seriously. This dude is a football genius. I was always meh on him as a quarterback, but dude knows the game. For the fan that likes to delve into scheme and the chess match that is football, I could listen to this every game.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/vfxl9/ynjpps" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

dls6501
09-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Co-sign. He was great!

MTG#10
09-12-2017, 05:31 PM
He did a good job, especially for his first time.

chiefzilla1501
09-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Half joking, but seriously. This dude is a football genius. I was always meh on him as a quarterback, but dude knows the game. For the fan that likes to delve into scheme and the chess match that is football, I could listen to this every game.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/vfxl9/ynjpps" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

That's pretty cool to watch. Hopefully that just means the raiders are brutally predictable ROFL

Romo came off as a bit of a douche early on but I came to really like him. Went from a guy accused of not caring about the game to one of the gutsiest players in the league

Strongside
09-12-2017, 05:33 PM
He's also a rabid KU basketball fan, which I can dig.

wazu
09-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Was he ever wrong? Somebody needs to start keeping stats on this guy.

wazu
09-12-2017, 05:35 PM
And I love the use of the telestraror pre-snap.

The Franchise
09-12-2017, 05:35 PM
He was good. Rex Ryan was not.

Strongside
09-12-2017, 05:36 PM
And I love the use of the telestraror pre-snap.

I thought that too. I don't see it very often. Gruden does it every now and then, but it's a nice touch.

ModSocks
09-12-2017, 05:40 PM

For awhile last night i thought Rex Ryan was Mike Mayock.

I turned to my wife and said, "They've got Mike Mayock with that lesbo chick? Most boring broadcast team ever".

LMAO

Then i find out it's Rex Ryan.

Strongside
09-12-2017, 05:41 PM

I turned to my wife and said, "They've got Mike Mayock with that lesbo chick? Most boring broadcast team ever".

LMAO

Rex Ryan was all like, "3rd and 1 here. Just a fewwwwwww FEEEEET."

DaFace
09-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Definitely was fun to see a guy who knows the game so well dissecting plays the whole game. My hope is that he can find a way to quickly talk about HOW he knows plays are going to happen (similar to the telestrator thing). There's not a ton of time to do it, but I'd start watching the games he calls just for that if he could really help viewers to get into the nuts and bolts of strategy a little more.

DaFace
09-12-2017, 05:46 PM
And Rex Ryan may have been one of the worst announcers to be in the booth for an NFL game ever. Man, he was bad.

Hell, I'd take Bryant Gumbel in the early NFL Network days over Ryan without question.

Dunit35
09-12-2017, 05:46 PM

LMAO

Really? I watched one quarter and they never said the announcers names. I thought it was Mayock the entire time.

ModSocks
09-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Really? I watched one quarter and they never said the announcers names. I thought it was Mayock the entire time.

I didn't realize it wasn't Mayock until they put Ryan's ugly mug up on T.V.

BWillie
09-12-2017, 05:56 PM

At the other end of the spectrum, it sure as shit wasn't Rex Ryan. He was pretty brutal to listen to on MNF.

BWillie
09-12-2017, 05:57 PM
He's also a rabid KU basketball fan, which I can dig.

Really? Didn't know that. Knew there was a reason I was a romo homo.

Strongside
09-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Really? Didn't know that. Knew there was a reason I was a romo homo.

Oh yeah. He used to represent regularly in interviews and such.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CceJPuCUEAA3vXn.jpg

T-post Tom
09-12-2017, 06:05 PM
As others have indicated, he'll be getting no competition from Mowins and Ryan. They were both total ass.

Strongside
09-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Let's put Rex Ryan in the booth with Dennis Miller and have them exclusively do Jets games.

OldSchool
09-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Tony Romo was pretty good. that was fucking Rex Ryan on Monday Night? That was literally the worst broadcast I've ever heard.

tk13
09-12-2017, 06:12 PM
I imagine a lot of really good QBs could do this. People really really underestimate how smart some of these great QBs are. Obviously guys like Manning and Brady have that reputation, but most decent QBs are extremely football intelligent. It's why some coaches are super picky about who they bring in to play QB and grill these guys before the draft.

Even a guy like Brett Favre... he gets this reputation as a gunslinger who just ran around and chucked it up. He did do that, but you ever listened to him talk football, it was amazing. The guy was sharp as a knife out there. You have to be able to read and diagnose everything that's going on all over the field.

JoeyChuckles
09-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Counterpoint, and I honestly don't know the answer:

Did fans of the Titans/Raiders get tired of him "spoiling" the play a little bit?

B_Ambuehl
09-12-2017, 06:25 PM
I thought Rex did a good job the girl who was with was terrible though. Rex provided some insight you normally don't hear from color commentators. Romo was awesome but I hope they don't make him dumb it down. Gruden is more than capable of adding lots of quality color but chooses to pretend to be a dumbass.

srvy
09-12-2017, 06:32 PM
He sucked in the first half but settled in for the second and did well. I still feel like im listening to a mix of Jethro Bodine and Gomer Pyle.

OldSchool
09-12-2017, 06:33 PM
I thought Rex did a good job the girl who was with was terrible though. Rex provided some insight you normally don't hear from color commentators. Romo was awesome but I hope they don't make him dumb it down. Gruden is more than capable of adding lots of quality color but chooses to pretend to be a dumbass.

There was one point during the game where she was trying to use any phrase other than "pass/threw the ball". It was like ESPN was trying to come up with new catch phrases.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2017, 06:34 PM
He called like 10 plays before they happened.

He's really good.

Red Dawg
09-12-2017, 06:36 PM
I must confess that is very interesting. Romo is damn fun.

DaFace
09-12-2017, 06:41 PM

Did fans of the Titans/Raiders get tired of him "spoiling" the play a little bit?

I'm not either of those, so I can't really say for sure, but I wouldn't think so. It seems like a lot in a quick video like the OP, but in reality it was like 8 plays out of, what, 120ish in a game?

BWillie
09-12-2017, 06:46 PM

They certainly had no chemistry. Who knows, maybe it will come.

Buehler445
09-12-2017, 06:59 PM
That's pretty cool to watch. Hopefully that just means the raiders are brutally predictable ROFL

Romo came off as a bit of a douche early on but I came to really like him. Went from a guy accused of not caring about the game to one of the gutsiest players in the league

Romo was terribly under appreciated here. He drug very shitterrible cowcunt teams to respectibility. Naturally when he's done they get a line.

Rex isn't good at anything.

LMAO

ROFL

Can't be as bad as whatever chick they had on with Matthew Berry for LeBatard. She has to win the shittiest on air personality in the history of ESPN

And Rex Ryan may have been one of the worst announcers to be in the booth for an NFL game ever. Man, he was bad.

Hell, I'd take Bryant Gumbel in the early NFL Network days over Ryan without question.
Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh disagree.

chiefzilla1501
09-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Sounds like they didn't have a play by play guy? Why would you do that to two rookies?

KC_Connection
09-12-2017, 07:05 PM
He was a great quarterback too despite what some said about him. Had to deal with a bad team around him for virtually his entire career and made them respectable. Hardly surprising he'd be good at this too.

NWTF
09-12-2017, 07:36 PM
I thought Romo did good. Obviously has a better feel for the game than the majority of commentators. Didnt care one lick about him as a player but hes good in the booth.

After the Titans got to within 3 (the last points they scored) he said Carr/Raiders were going to open up the passing a bit and go for the kill on this drive. They did. He was spot on on almost everything.

Rex on the other hand was horrible. I hated listening to him and that lady. Couldnt finish the game.

Buehler445
09-12-2017, 07:39 PM
One thing McNabb said on the radio that made some sense was he needs to tell the audience WHY that play is coming not just that it is.

stevieray
09-12-2017, 07:40 PM
..it was fresh.

Rain Man
09-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Tony Romo was pretty good. that was ****ing Rex Ryan on Monday Night? That was literally the worst broadcast I've ever heard.

It wasn't great, but I think it was much better than Bill Walsh's time in the booth. That guy was incapable of saying anything that wasn't self adulating. Worst broadcast I've ever experienced.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2017, 08:19 PM
It was truly awkward when they had Phil Simms interview him pregame.

What was CBS thinking??

FloridaMan88
09-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Sergio Dipp, enough said.

KChiefs1
09-12-2017, 08:35 PM
He reminds me of Hank Stram. Hank would call the plays before they happened too.

Cornstock
09-12-2017, 08:46 PM

I thought this too, maybe some of the commentators could do that too but it might ruin the entertainment value so they don't.

But wow, was he prophetic, pretty impressive to watch. Explains why he was so into the fantasy (gambling imo), and also why Goodell didn't want him to be involved. The players have an inside edge on the knowledge stuff.

ChiefGator
09-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Damn.. that would be fun to hear.. hope he broadcasts one of our games this year.

Yeah, that abortion on the late night Monday game was awful.

Cornstock
09-12-2017, 08:51 PM
One thing McNabb said on the radio that made some sense was he needs to tell the audience WHY that play is coming not just that it is.

This, and I think he will get to that point soon.

Fans watching his games are in for a whole new level of education that we haven't seen in broadcasting. It might make me start turning on the volume again.

Raising the level of broadcasting, hopefully the rest can match it, it'll make for a better product. Rather than telling terrible human interest pieces about "diversity."

I'm looking at you Sergio Dipp.

The Franchise
09-13-2017, 10:56 AM

After Siemian ran the ball near the goal line......Ryan literally said....

"Was that Vick out there? Oh....it's Trevor Siemian."

:facepalm:

jjjayb
09-13-2017, 11:20 AM

That was a girl? That explains it. I kept thinking, "this dude has a really annoying squeaky voice, how the hell did he get a job announcing games". Now I know why. You can suck as long as you're helping diversity. :rolleyes:

Dayze
09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
It was refreshing for sure.
Soooooo many of these broadcast teams, particularly the color commentary guys, just mail it in week in and week out. Fouts immediately comes to mind as a guy that has given a half assed effort for decades now.

tk13
09-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Otherwise it's just showing off. A lot of guys could do what he did. But the NFL is entertainment so a lot of analysts don't do it.

Halfcan
09-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Hopefully, he replaces Joe Buck or Chris Collingsworth soon. They are awful and boring.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2017, 12:38 PM
It was truly awkward when they had Phil Simms interview him pregame.

What was CBS thinking??

Phil Simms has been Romper'd

BWillie
09-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Hopefully, he replaces Joe Buck or Chris Collingsworth soon. They are awful and boring.

I used to hate Chris. Now I like him. He grows on you. One of the best in the biz IMO. But yeah, nobody likes Joe Buck.

LaDexter
09-13-2017, 12:58 PM
The "best commentator" is always the MUTE button

Dayze
09-13-2017, 01:03 PM
side note....

I noticed Charles Woodson is in season two of trying to bring the ascott back into the fashion conscious.

maybe he can try to make the phrase "that is so Fetch" a phrase too while he's at it.

I couldn't be on set with him, because I would be laughing too hard to get anything done.

Halfcan
09-13-2017, 01:08 PM
I used to hate Chris. Now I like him. He grows on you. One of the best in the biz IMO. But yeah, nobody likes Joe Buck.

Top 3 worst announcers.

1. Joe Buck - doing baseball.
2. Joe Buck- doing football.
3. Joe Buck - doing pregame, drooling over Troy Aikman's package.

Beef Supreme
09-13-2017, 01:09 PM
side note....

I noticed Charles Woodson is in season two of trying to bring the ascott back into the fashion conscious.

maybe he can try to make the phrase "that is so Fetch" a phrase too while he's at it.

I couldn't be on set with him, because I would be laughing too hard to get anything done.

ROFL

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8c/ef/54/8cef546142aa68699a175637aa2d9b46.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtT8cjYUsAAAREL.jpg

Buehler445
09-13-2017, 01:10 PM
OK. Not do derail here, but what did Sergio Dipp do? Readers Digest version. I only caught the late game.

I actually thought Aikman looked better. I wonder if it is better makeup or if he was having health problems or something.

jjjayb
09-13-2017, 03:43 PM
They certainly had no chemistry. Who knows, maybe it will come.

Only because he hasn't played with her feet yet. ;-)

Strongside
09-13-2017, 03:59 PM
If you thought Charles Woodson gave a fuck about what you think of his ascot, and the fact that he legit stencil-sprays his facial hair on before going out into public every morning, you thought wrong.

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Breath of fresh air hearing a color guy kill a coach for clock management. It's one of the most outrageous things that happens in the NFL considering the attention to detail they have with everything else.

KCUnited
09-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Out 4-6 weeks with a sore throat.

KChiefs1
09-13-2017, 05:54 PM
Breath of fresh air hearing a color guy kill a coach for clock management. It's one of the most outrageous things that happens in the NFL considering the attention to detail they have with everything else.

I hope Romo doesn't get jaded.

New World Order
09-13-2017, 05:55 PM
I like Troy better

Basileus777
09-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Hopefully, he replaces Joe Buck or Chris Collingsworth soon. They are awful and boring.Collingsworth gets obsessed with painting a particular narrative, but Joe Buck is fine for a play by play guy. Him and Aikman are still one of the better duos.

scho63
09-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Pretty impressive but he needs to explain more in some respects.

Everything was "this is a run right, this is a run left, this is a slant across the middle."

Frazod
09-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Collingsworth gets obsessed with painting a particular narrative, but Joe Buck is fine for a play by play guy. Him and Aikman are still one of the better duos.

Unless one of Buck's mancrushes is playing. At that point if you were only listening you wouldn't even know a game was being played.

listopencil
09-13-2017, 09:19 PM
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed him calling the game. I forgot that I was listening to Tony Romo and just appreciated him as an announcer.

listopencil
09-13-2017, 09:25 PM
And, yeah: Rex Ryan was horrible. He couldn't mumble fast enough to keep up with the plays and the shrill banshee doing the game with him was annoying. Fouts has been dog shit as an announcer forever. If it's a DEN/KC/OAK game and they are playing well he'll just sit and say nothing for minutes at a time, and that's the only time he's worth listening to.

listopencil
09-13-2017, 09:29 PM
Oh and God forbid you should end up being unlucky enough to watch a Charger game with Fouts. It's like the worst episode of Beavis And Butthead ever made where they're 108 years old and living in a retirement home:

Other Guy: Hey, lol, you used to throw the ball around for a particular team, lol

Fouts: Yeah, lol, yeah.

Other Guy: Lol.

Fouts: Lol, yeah, lol.

KChiefs1
09-15-2017, 07:17 PM
https://youtu.be/8Dx9JtzPRpc

09-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Unless one of Buck's mancrushes is playing. At that point if you were only listening you wouldn't even know a game was being played.

Madison Bumgarner

JFC I wanted to kill Buck for that nonsense.

DanT
10-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Bumping this thread. Tony Romo is a great announcer.

l4z4rd
10-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Bumping this thread. Tony Romo is a great announcer.

great offensive coordinator as well.

Dayze
10-20-2017, 10:23 AM
yeah, I'm sold on Romo.
the other color guys just mail it in each week by comparison.

JakeF
10-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Romo is an annoying huckleberry asshat. Can't stand him.

l4z4rd
10-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Romo is an annoying huckleberry asshat. Can't stand him.

rather have him calling the game than Collinsworth.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Romo was calling out puddings defense...

Romo is rock solid.

JakeF
10-20-2017, 10:28 AM
rather have him calling the game than Collinsworth.coin toss in my book

Hoover
10-20-2017, 10:35 AM
I was really impressed. If the safties do this, you have to throw the ball here. Great insight. Really helps understand what a defense as a unit is doing. It took one series to for him to identify that they were copying the steelers. Great All Around.

Couch-Potato
10-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Love it. Can't wait to see more!

BigRedChief
10-20-2017, 10:39 AM
I hate Romo.

Ken Bone
10-20-2017, 10:40 AM
I wonder if Clark could land Tony Romo as the Chiefs new Defensive Coordinator. He knew what plays the Raiders were running and was calling them out before the snap.

Frosty
10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Romo is apparently bad luck so fuck that guy.

jimidollar
10-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Chiefs 0-2 with Romo calling games. Fuck him!

MarkDavis'Haircut
10-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Madison Bumgarner

JFC I wanted to kill Buck for that nonsense.

His worst crush is Aaron Rodgers. Holy cow, it is terrible. Worst than a homer announcer.

Last year in the NFC Championship Game, GB is getting killed by Atlanta. Rodgers gets a garbage time touchdown and Buck is just gushing over him.

KChiefs1
01-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Dude is seriously the best there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryDayz
01-21-2019, 11:19 PM
Dude is seriously the best there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup!

Clark should get him, but he won't. Kraft will get him!

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-21-2019, 11:21 PM
He’s about to make a ton of money stress free job.

scho63
01-22-2019, 06:29 AM
Ironically Tony Romo the best and his former TE teammate Jason Whitten the worst!

Sorce
01-20-2020, 07:58 PM
I wonder if this guy has a photographic memory. He remembered the same play the titans ran with the direct snap to Henry as one they stole from the Chiefs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TwistedChief
01-20-2020, 08:06 PM
I wonder if this guy has a photographic memory. He remembered the same play the titans ran with the direct snap to Henry as one they stole from the Chiefs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That was a pretty easy one. I figured most Chiefs fans would recognize it as well.

Still, Romo is so much better than any other announcer ever.

GloryDayz
01-20-2020, 08:18 PM
I was pretty unhappy with him yesterday.

Chief Pagan
01-20-2020, 08:31 PM
Nope, I just checked. You still can't have 12 Men on the field.

RealSNR
01-20-2020, 09:00 PM
Romo needs to stop predicting the outcome of games. It’s fucking annoying. And for him, it’s not good because he’s been wrong a lot. He’s still riding the high of predicting everything Sutton was going to run from last year’s AFCCG, and he does it a lot now.

Like the New England game this year, “Oh no Kansas City is in trouble because I think the Patriots just figured them out and now they’re going to exploit it the entire rest of the game!” Oh really, Tony? Didn’t work quite the way you expected it to, did it?

Maybe you should have spent more time in your playing career analyzing how not to fumble the fucking season away on a field goal hold, you loudmouth prick.

JimNasium
01-20-2020, 09:03 PM
Romo needs to stop predicting the outcome of games. It’s fucking annoying. And for him, it’s not good because he’s been wrong a lot. He’s still riding the high of predicting everything Sutton was going to run from last year’s AFCCG, and he does it a lot now.

Like the New England game this year, “Oh no Kansas City is in trouble because I think the Patriots just figured them out and now they’re going to exploit it the entire rest of the game!” Oh really, Tony? Didn’t work quite the way you expected it to, did it?

Maybe you should have spent more time in your playing career analyzing how not to fumble the fucking season away on a field goal hold, you loudmouth prick.
LMAO

I actually enjoy him. Much better than anyone else doing television color commentary.

Jerm
01-20-2020, 09:05 PM
Still think he'll end up being a helluva personnel guy or coach if he decides to go that route someday.

Doubt he does, has a cushy gig, can golf, and is fixin to make a fuckton of $$.

MOhillbilly
01-20-2020, 09:06 PM
I felt like Romo and cbs tried the whole game to put the bad juju on KC.

wachashi
01-20-2020, 09:09 PM
Romo had a lot of respect and appreciation for what the Titans presented on the offensive side of the football. He talked about their scheme and playcalling and really had positive things to say. Our defense really played a great game.

stevieray
01-20-2020, 09:27 PM
I felt like Romo and cbs tried the whole game to put the bad juju on KC.

My 90 year old aunt said the same thing this morning.

KC_Connection
01-20-2020, 09:27 PM
Romo is by far the best color commentator I've ever heard. He's going to make far more doing this than he ever did playing football (and he was one of the top 5-7 QBs of his era). CBS is going to pay a ton of money to keep him from going to ESPN.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2020, 09:31 PM
I absolutely love listening to Romo. Very very few commentators pay as much attention to how defenses are lined up pre-snap than Romo does. Even if he's wrong, he draws your eyes to things you weren't otherwise looking at. And he does it with geeky enthusiasm. I was cracking up laughing when he compared Tyreek Hill to playing Tecmo Bowl with Bo Jackson.

tk13
01-20-2020, 09:50 PM
Still think he'll end up being a helluva personnel guy or coach if he decides to go that route someday.

Doubt he does, has a cushy gig, can golf, and is fixin to make a ****ton of $$.

There's no way now. The rumor is ESPN is going to offer him a semi truck full of money. Basically the biggest offer for an announcer ever. And who knows if CBS will try to match.

oldman
01-21-2020, 09:13 AM
I absolutely love listening to Romo. Very very few commentators pay as much attention to how defenses are lined up pre-snap than Romo does. Even if he's wrong, he draws your eyes to things you weren't otherwise looking at. And he does it with geeky enthusiasm.

I agree, he's the best color man in the business. True enough there are better playing career QBs in the booth, but the guy can point out things even the most knowledgeable fan might miss.

While it would be a shame for him to join the ESPN team, he'd be a fool to pass up a Brink's truck full of cash. I think the smart move for him might be to wait and see which networks get the new TV contracts.

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2020, 09:20 AM
I agree, he's the best color man in the business. True enough there are better playing career QBs in the booth, but the guy can point out things even the most knowledgeable fan might miss.

While it would be a shame for him to join the ESPN team, he'd be a fool to pass up a Brink's truck full of cash. I think the smart move for him might be to wait and see which networks get the new TV contracts.

I really hope cbs offers him a big contract. He belongs with Jim nantz. Those two work really well together. What an awful waste if he's matched with Joe tessitore. Nantz was awesome handling that chiefs post game celebration.

ThaVirus
01-21-2020, 09:33 AM
Romo needs to stop predicting the outcome of games. It’s ****ing annoying. And for him, it’s not good because he’s been wrong a lot. He’s still riding the high of predicting everything Sutton was going to run from last year’s AFCCG, and he does it a lot now.

Maybe you should have spent more time in your playing career analyzing how not to fumble the ****ing season away on a field goal hold, you loudmouth prick.

He does a really good job of it, though.

He wasn't even wrong about his call during our game against NE. The Pats were clearly making attempts to adjust and they definitely found a good way to work guys open. The issue was the Patriots had shit skill position players. They didn't have anyone capable of capitalizing on the 1-on-1 matchups in the middle of the field.

Chiefshrink
01-21-2020, 09:40 AM
He calls the game as though he is playing QB at that moment and what he sees. His situational game calls are probably my favorite of what he sees.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!!;)

tyecopeland
01-21-2020, 09:54 AM
I really hope cbs offers him a big contract. He belongs with Jim nantz. Those two work really well together. What an awful waste if he's matched with Joe tessitore. Nantz was awesome handling that chiefs post game celebration.

Well one could hope that espn would also offer nantz a boat load of cash to come too. I dont like tessitore at all either.

I also like mike tirico, he doesnt do a lot of games as the backup play by play guy for nbc but I bet he'd do really well with romo.

Kman34
01-21-2020, 09:57 AM
He’s better than Troy Boy..

Chiefshrink
01-21-2020, 10:36 AM

by far !!;)

RedRaider56
01-21-2020, 10:44 AM

Troy was pretty darn good when he started out. Not as good as Romo though. Recently, Troy's perspectives have gotten pretty stale and it's probably due to having had to work with Buck all these years. I hate the fake laugh that Troy has whenever Buck tries to tell an inside joke that nobody else understands.

Chiefshrink
01-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Quite frankly my favorite tandems for calling a game up until Romo/Nantz was when Theisman/Patrick were calling the games for ESPN on Sunday Nights and then when Paul McGuire joined in 98 made it even better !! That guy was funny !!

Chiefshrink
01-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Romo needs to stop predicting the outcome of games. It’s ****ing annoying. And for him, it’s not good because he’s been wrong a lot. He’s still riding the high of predicting everything Sutton was going to run from last year’s AFCCG, and he does it a lot now.

Maybe you should have spent more time in your playing career analyzing how not to fumble the ****ing season away on a field goal hold, you loudmouth prick.

:rolleyes:

Mike in SW-MO
01-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Troy was pretty darn good when he started out. Not as good as Romo though. Recently, Troy's perspectives have gotten pretty stale and it's probably due to having had to work with Buck all these years. I hate the fake laugh that Troy has whenever Buck tries to tell an inside joke that nobody else understands.

Joe Buck looks like a character from Sausage Party

wachashi
01-21-2020, 11:30 AM
I hope Romo stays at CBS. Their coverage is better than Fox and NBC. ESPN's coverage is a dumpster fire. Romo and CBS fit perfectly.

displacedinMN
01-21-2020, 12:57 PM
I hope Romo stays at CBS. Their coverage is better than Fox and NBC. ESPN's coverage is a dumpster fire. Romo and CBS fit perfectly.

Romo may give hope to MNF. Booger is an idiot.

srvy
01-21-2020, 02:48 PM
Romo may give hope to MNF. Booger is an idiot.

Yep espn will throw pallets of money at Romo because they know they have a booger problem.

wachashi
01-21-2020, 03:18 PM
Greg Olsen is pretty good. Could be the next Romo-type commentator.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A DIME FROM DANNY 🔥<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/Giants?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Giants</a>) <a href="https://t.co/ew8Y8IlRQJ">pic.twitter.com/ew8Y8IlRQJ</a></p>&mdash; Giants Videos (@SNYGiants) <a href="https://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1185978066369159168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>