PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about the Chargers

RunKC
09-17-2017, 08:18 PM
I didn't see much of any of their game other then a few highlights of them losing at home...well if you call t a home game. The Chiefs might have more fans in that stadium than Chargers fans.

Rivers is Rivers and their best strength is their pass rush of Ingram/Bosa. Their HC is not starting out so hot, and that's bad news for a team facing Andy Reid.

Seems like a very winnable game for us. ESPN power index indicator has us at a 57.4% chance of winning.

Reerun_KC
09-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Pressure rivers and win. Or play in your pudding like buttons tends to do and he can pick you apart.
That said. Chiefs 34 displaced 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AssEaterChief
09-17-2017, 08:23 PM
The Chargers are "Chargering" hard this season, they could be 2-0 but as always, they find ways to lose games even though they've looked competitive at times.

Chiefs should rock them pretty good.

jjchieffan
09-17-2017, 08:27 PM
It would be very disappointing to lose to the Chargers after beating way better teams in the first 2 weeks. I think that our line will struggle against Ingram and Bosa. But Philly has a better front 7 and we just beat them. Not too worried about their offense. Andy and Sutton know how to handle Rivers. Allen will get his, but it won't be enough. It will be interesting to see the matchup between him and Peter's considering what Allen was doing against him last year until he got hurt.

BlackOp
09-17-2017, 08:29 PM
The Chargers coaching staff sucks...

KCrockaholic
09-17-2017, 08:30 PM
The Chiefs will have no reason not to win this game, so it'll probably be decided by 3 points. KC is just the more well rounded and better coached team.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-17-2017, 08:30 PM
If the Chiefs don't start the season at least 5-1, then we aren't playing to our potential

Simply Red
09-17-2017, 08:32 PM
We'll be fine.

Buehler445
09-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Keenan Allen can hurt us. Hopefully Rivers tosses 6 picks to Peters.

KCrockaholic
09-17-2017, 08:33 PM
I guess the guy to watch out for will be Keenan Allen. He was roasting Peters last year before the injury.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2017, 08:34 PM
We're going to stomp a mudhole in their ass so bad we will send the City of Los Angeles back into a second Dark Age.

It's going to be like 40-7 or something else absurdly violent.

BossChief
09-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Houston and Jones might have 5 sacks each.

Simply Red
09-17-2017, 08:35 PM
I guess the guy to watch out for will be Keenan Allen. He was roasting Peters last year before the injury.

I think MP is a better player now vs then.

FloridaMan88
Judging by today's "home" game for the Chargers where it sounded like at least 50% of the crowd were Dolphins fans, the Chiefs could be looking at an Arrowhead West type atmosphere next weekend.

Simply Red
We're going to stomp a mudhole in their ass so bad we will send the City of Los Angeles back into a second Dark Age.

which homer got Claynus' log-in

KCrockaholic
09-17-2017, 08:39 PM

Ya we'd hope so. I kinda think he's about the same imo. But I would hope Peters took that personal last year and will put in the film work to make sure Allen doesn't do that again. If Allen hadn't gone down last year, the Chiefs lose that home opener.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2017, 08:39 PM
which homer got Claynus' log-in

You don't need to be a homer to see that the Chiefs are a pretty good team and the Chargers are an 0-2 zit that needs to be popped.

CoMoChief
09-17-2017, 08:52 PM
I think their WR's are gonna present a big problem for KC's secondary.

They have 3 very capable wdieouts in Allen, Williams, and Benjamin. It will be important to get to Rivers. Can't give him the time the ChiefsD gave Brady and Wentz. Rivers is a much more easier QB to sack, the guy can hang onto the ball too long at times.

But Gaines is awful, Mitchell isn't that much better but can be serviceable at times. It'd be nice if he played like he did the last 4 games of last season. But back to orig point, Chiefs are going to have to get after Rivers. Allen sure made Peters look bad last year before leaving the game w/ inj, and they've always had a little bit of a rivalry, so expect Allen to bring it. Gordon is a good RB...their OL is trash. (KC OL will certainly have to play better than they did in today's game), and Bosa and Varrett are studs. Gates can still be productive and Henry is an up n coming TE.

Chiefs will have their hands full, regardless of Charger's performance in today's game vs MIA.

Buck
09-17-2017, 08:55 PM
It will be 28-13. Chargers will score a TD late to make it 28-20 and then Chiefs will recover the onside kick.

Ming the Merciless
09-17-2017, 08:56 PM
We will see them driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women...

The only way we lose is if multiple components of this team fail due to what my dad used to call "big head syndrome"

Ming the Merciless
09-17-2017, 08:58 PM
I think their WR's are gonna present a big problem for KC's secondary.

They have 3 very capable wdieouts in Allen, Williams, and Benjamin. It will be important to get to Rivers. Can't give him the time the ChiefsD gave Brady and Wentz. Rivers is a much more easier QB to sack, the guy can hang onto the ball too long at times.

But Gaines is awful, Mitchell isn't that much better but can be serviceable at times. It'd be nice if he played like he did the last 4 games of last season. But back to orig point, Chiefs are going to have to get after Rivers. Allen sure made Peters look bad last year before leaving the game w/ inj, and they've always had a little bit of a rivalry, so expect Allen to bring it. Gordon is a good RB...their OL is trash. (KC OL will certainly have to play better than they did in today's game), and Bosa and Varrett are studs. Gates can still be productive and Henry is an up n coming TE.

Chiefs will have their hands full, regardless of today's game vs MIA.

And gates....he's all pumped up after breaking Tony g record

BlackOp
09-17-2017, 09:00 PM

I'm sure he remembers that game...just sayin.

KChiefs1
09-17-2017, 09:09 PM
They worry me.

0-2 teams usually play very hard their 3rd game too. Ajayi ran all over them today though. Bosa & Ingram will make Alex have happy feet.

Chief Roundup
09-17-2017, 09:09 PM
We should definitely beat the Chargers. It is a divisional game which are always tough. The Chargers have always played us tough. Their offense matches up well with out weakness on defense. It will not be a cake walk.

Oxford
09-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Miami got 122 yards on the ground this week. Bet you'll see a lot of Hunt, West, and Hill running with 3 TE's.

Score TD's and control the clock, this should be a win

TinyEvel
09-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Their kicker has a case of the Justin Medlocks.

St. Patty's Fire
09-17-2017, 09:26 PM
They suck.

They have talent but always shoot themselves in the foot. The score will probably be closer than it should be but we should pound these turds.

If the Chiefs don't start the season at least 5-1, then we aren't playing to our potential

This.

Gadzooks
09-17-2017, 09:31 PM
It will be 28-13. Chargers will score a TD late to make it 28-20 and then Chiefs will recover the onside kick.

That's not heartbreaking enough to their fans. The Chargers are all about punishing their fans. They tend to having season long trends for the past 5 years or so. Here are some examples of trends that have fucked up their seasons:

Having 316 blocked punts in one season
Go through every FA Center in the league, as each one got injured, (they also went through 42 long snappers)
Have every OLB get injured
Have every WR get injured

Last year the injuries were spread out but the new trend was to lose in the final minutes. They even ran this script against Cleveland on Christmas Eve.
This year they seem to have a more specific trend of losing due to game ending FGs specifically.
I predict 23-21 KC based on a last minute FG, if not, KC will just kick their asses handily.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2017, 09:33 PM
This is what we are going to do to the Chargers:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/34524a1a800d493d42dde5180b0cccab/tumblr_nyhf6eZtFs1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Rasputin
09-17-2017, 09:36 PM
We'll be fine.

This. Mother Fucking This. You're God Damned Right We'll Be Mother Fucking Fine God Damned It.

Best22
09-17-2017, 09:42 PM
They worry me.

0-2 teams usually play very hard their 3rd game too. Ajayi ran all over them today though. Bosa & Ingram will make Alex have happy feet.

Chargers always play hard. Record doesn't seem to matter to them

Simply Red
09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
This. Mother ****ing This. You're God Damned Right We'll Be Mother ****ing Fine God Damned It.

:eek:

KCrockaholic
09-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Chargers always play hard. Record doesn't seem to matter to them

They always play hard but then Rivers does a Rivers thing at the end every time and he'll shit himself like usual.

Bwana
09-17-2017, 10:06 PM
3-0

CaliforniaChief
09-17-2017, 10:31 PM
I certainly wish we had EB to patrol Antonio Gates, and Keenan Allen is an issue. But knowing the Chargers' luck, it's quite possible he breaks an ankle hopping out of his car coming to the stadium.

That is one snake-bitten franchise. (Largely self-inflicted, but still.)

splatbass
09-17-2017, 11:10 PM

We're fucked. Clay is wrong about everything.

splatbass
09-17-2017, 11:28 PM
How are the Chargers going to fill up that big new stadium when they can't even fill a 27,000 seat soccer stadium?

Discuss Thrower
09-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Tarp game.

Rausch
09-17-2017, 11:52 PM
Tarp game.

I saw a lot of dip-shittery in the SD/Miami game.

SD defense looked respectable (not as good as it should have) and SD looks capable of long drives.

3rd downs will be huge in this game...

Bowser
09-17-2017, 11:56 PM
Hunter Henry is going to be a handful for us, as will Allen. Phillip will keep them in the game like he does in every game.

We keep Alex off the turf and control Ingram and Bosa (or slow them down, anyway) and we'll win.

BryanBusby
09-17-2017, 11:57 PM
Tarp game.
Yeah there will be tarp over some seats at the soccer stadium.

sd4chiefs
09-17-2017, 11:59 PM
WARNING! WARNING! TRAP GAME!

Rausch
09-18-2017, 12:00 AM
Hunter Henry is going to be a handful for us, as will Allen. Phillip will keep them in the game like he does in every game.

We keep Alex off the turf and control Ingram and Bosa (or slow them down, anyway) and we'll win.

SD had a let-down week and didn't play up to their talent level.

We better expect their best possible game...

BryanBusby
09-18-2017, 12:04 AM
The Chargers are in a whirlwind of shit (LA move was so, so bad), they somehow managed to downgrade at coaching and Rivers is slipping.

This isn't a trap game. They just lost to a frumpy ass QB (still doesn't give a shit) that preparing to be an announcer up till 1 month ago. They fucking suck.

Bowser
09-18-2017, 12:04 AM
SD had a let-down week and didn't play up to their talent level.

We better expect their best possible game...

Agreed.

The Chargers are a talented team, they really are. They just find ways to squander that talent, year in and year out. They're never really a "shitty" team, they just find ways to lose. It's kind of fascinating to watch, really.

Props to guys like Buck and Gadzooks for hanging in there with their fandom.

Rausch
09-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Agreed.

The Chargers are a talented team, they really are. They just find ways to squander that talent, year in and year out. They're never really a "shitty" team, they just find ways to lose. It's kind of fascinating to watch, really.

In many ways they remind me of us.

For years we just couldn't win those close games.

Over time (and with continuity) it seems we've finally learned how to win close games.

That said if you step on your dick just once you can fall down hard, head first...

BryanBusby
09-18-2017, 12:20 AM
Chiefs are gonna put a dagger in the Rivers era.

Rausch
09-18-2017, 12:24 AM

If we win we will have earned it.

This is not a pushover team...

Buck
09-18-2017, 12:26 AM

They already did.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014122804/2014/REG17/chargers@chiefs#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000450470&tab=recap

BryanBusby
09-18-2017, 12:36 AM
They already did.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014122804/2014/REG17/chargers@chiefs#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000450470&tab=recap
Rivers is still playing though. I think this is the week the wipes out any playoff hopes and will kickstart retirement talks.

Buck
09-18-2017, 12:38 AM
Rivers is still playing though. I think this is the week the wipes out any playoff hopes and will kickstart retirement talks.

He will play 3-4 more years regardless of the outcome of this game.

BryanBusby
09-18-2017, 12:39 AM
We'll see. Players change their minds fairly quickly when it's no longer any fun.

Buck
09-18-2017, 12:41 AM
We'll see. Players change their minds fairly quickly when it's no longer any fun.

You beating the Chargers is nothing special. It won't change anything. 10 other teams beat them each year.

BryanBusby
09-18-2017, 12:47 AM
You beating the Chargers is nothing special. It won't change anything. 10 other teams beat them each year.
It's not losing to the Chiefs as much as being 0-3, which is practically a death sentence for playoff hopes. The Chiefs just happen to be that third team.

Being a shitty team with nothing to play for, in a city that hates you that requires a 4 or so hour commute will take its toll.

I don't see him doing that shit to 40.

Gadzooks
09-18-2017, 01:35 AM
It's not losing to the Chiefs as much as being 0-3, which is practically a death sentence for playoff hopes. The Chiefs just happen to be that third team.

Being a shitty team with nothing to play for, in a city that hates you that requires a 4 or so hour commute will take its toll.

I don't see him doing that shit to 40.

If anyone would do that it would be Rivers but I totally see your point. Everything related to the Chargers these days can be described as "miserable".

farmerchief
09-18-2017, 05:22 AM
Agreed.

Props to guys like Buck and Gadzooks for hanging in there with their fandom.
I really ;thought they would win that game yesterday, I didnt get a chance to watch it, but thought they should win it.:hmmm:

PAChiefsGuy
09-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Every game is tough... Chargers game will be no different. As long as Phillip Rivers is there they are always a threat. That guy can get hot and light up defenses.

That said Chargers are not one of the better NFL teams. They have a lot of weaknesses that the Chiefs should be able to exploit and as good as Rivers is he does tend to throw a lot of INTs. Hopefully we get him this game.

We should win this game as long as we don't make any dumb mistakes.

mcaj22
09-18-2017, 06:11 AM
this game screams trap game. A crappy team the Chiefs should beat by 40 that Andy likes to overlook and its a 20-17 nailbiter in the 4th quarter with the CP gameday thread going nuts because Alex cant move the ball.

Like clockwork

CupidStunt
09-18-2017, 06:11 AM
I don't often predict blowouts, but I feel good about this team and they should roll over the Chargers. They remind me of some past 4-12-type Chiefs teams: they have a handful of stud players, and yet are mostly a terrible team.

We should be able to move the ball at will. I'll say 30-17 W.

Best22
09-18-2017, 06:26 AM
this game screams trap game. A crappy team the Chiefs should beat by 40 that Andy likes to overlook and its a 20-17 nailbiter in the 4th quarter with the CP gameday thread going nuts because Alex cant move the ball.

Like clockwork

Chargers are way too talented to lose by 40.

These are NOT the Jets

Direckshun
09-18-2017, 06:35 AM
The Chargers are "Chargering" hard this season, they could be 2-0 but as always, they find ways to lose games even though they've looked competitive at times.

Chiefs should rock them pretty good.

Man I completely agree with this.

I think this Chargers team is really talented but their coaching is truly atrocious.

Molitoth
09-18-2017, 06:54 AM

Damnit ClayMo. Can't you predict a Chiefs loss or something?

Buehler445
09-18-2017, 07:10 AM

If you have jinxed us, I swear to God and everything holy that I obliterate your soul.

I hope you're right, but yeah. Don't jinx us, man.

TLO
09-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Younghoe

RunKC
09-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Gates and Henry. This will be the toughest matchup for Eric Murray and Dirty Dan.

B_Ambuehl
09-18-2017, 08:54 AM
The chargers always have elite talent at a multitude of positions but they also usually have one major area of the team that is sub practice squad caliber and that ends up costing them big time. In recent history it's been the Oline. In years past it's been special teams & Dline. I remember one year they gave up like 6 special teams TD returns and gave up 5 blocked punts, which cost them 5 games, but they still won 9 games, barely missing the playoffs. Other years they had 3 guys off the practice squad manning their Dline.

They had a pretty good kicker but ran him out of town to save money on this new kicker Koo and he's already cost them a football game, maybe 2.

I find it interesting right now they're one of the few teams in the NFL close to achieving Andy Reids "ideal" blueprint. Andy has said he wants 2 good corners, 2 good pass rushers, 2 good tackles, and a good QB. If you have that you'll have success. The Chargers have 2 pro bowl caliber corners, 2 pro bowl pass rushers, a quarterback, and 1 offensive tackle. Their interior Oline and right tackle are complete garbage though and Rivers doesn't have the mobility to succeed without a good oline.

Halfcan
09-18-2017, 09:22 AM
I think the Chargers will have to play a close to perfect game for 4 quarters to beat the Chiefs. Knowing Rivers- this won't happen. He will get his yards, but as usual, Sutton will find the kinks in his armor and shut their offense down the second half.

I am not sure they can stop our running game or cover Kelce and Hill without giving up big TDs.

38 -24. Chiefs win it.

scho63
09-18-2017, 12:15 PM
I hope we don't take these guys for granted because everyone in the media has been kicking the Chargers like a soccer ball.

They usually get up big for us and we are probably their biggest rival in the AFW West, not the Raiders and not the Broncos since Elway left.

gold_and_red
09-18-2017, 12:22 PM
0-2 talented and desperate team that could just as easily be 2-0, at home against a favored divisional rival. What could go wrong?

O.city
09-18-2017, 12:27 PM
Man it'd be nice to get a patsy on the schedule. Tough go this uear

RINGLEADER
09-18-2017, 12:48 PM
If we win we will have earned it.

This is not a pushover team...

This is very true. We're two weeks in and we still can't really say who is good and bad.

We think the Chiefs are good because everyone expected the Pats and Eagles to be good (and they probably are).

Everyone is anointing Denver today because of the win yesterday, but for all we know the Giants are a disaster and the win that Dallas posted over NY is borderline meaningless.

The Raiders have played no one so who knows. Could be world-beaters and could also fall on their faces when they face good teams.

But I will say that the Chargers went to Denver and should have at least tied the game. They played the Dolphins hard to the end and should have won. They're not push-overs, they have a good QB and some receiving threats that match up well against us. I expect a very close game.

Marcellus
09-18-2017, 12:49 PM
0-2 talented and desperate team that could just as easily be 2-0, at home against a favored divisional rival. What could go wrong?

SD "The most talented 8-8 team in the league" every single fucking year.

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm most curious to see their plan against Keenan Allen, who's been a one man wrecking machine against the Chiefs secondary over the years.

The Chargers offensive line is very vulnerable, so I think the D Line is going to be in Rivers' face all day.

RINGLEADER
09-18-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm most curious to see their plan against Keenan Allen, who's been a one man wrecking machine against the Chiefs secondary over the years.

The Chargers offensive line is very vulnerable, so I think the D Line is going to be in Rivers' face all day.

And, if I remember correctly, Keenan Allen HATES Marcus Peters and will be bringing his best game to show up Peters. Peters will have to respond.

gold_and_red
09-18-2017, 01:10 PM
And, if I remember correctly, Keenan Allen HATES Marcus Peters and will be bringing his best game to show up Peters. Peters will have to respond.

Don't they also move Keenan Allen around? So we may see him against Gaines and Mitchell, not looking forward to it. He runs a lot of crossers, would love to see Sorensen light him up.

Aspengc8
09-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Don't they also move Keenan Allen around? So we may see him against Gaines and Mitchell, not looking forward to it. He runs a lot of crossers, would love to see Sorensen light him up.

Keenan was roasting Peters last year before he tore is ACL.. I hope sorenson does not end up covering him in the slot.

penbrook
09-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Here's a fun fact. Sorenson played 100% of the defensive snaps vs the Eagles

underEJ
09-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Chargers absolutely should have won yesterday. I actually had just a moment of pity for them as they were trying to get the crowd into it during Miami's last drive. One or two guys waving their arms to fire up a 50/50 basically neutral crowd. They may not actually have a home crowd the whole season. I don't feel sorry for the organization at all, just the players that have to work for them.

My pity lasted about three minutes, and now I am getting fired up to go next week and be part of the visiting mini sea of red!

BoneKrusher
09-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Phyllis Rivers to Keenan Allen could burn us.
Better keep pressure on Phyllis.

Halfcan
09-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Chargers can't run the ball or stop it.

They are going to have a Long day against the Chiefs.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team/los-angeles-chargers/stats

ModSocks
09-18-2017, 05:10 PM
The Chargers are currently in their Herm years. Anthony Lynn seems to think he's a RB maven and trying desperately to force a running game. This offense is the Herm Edwards special; RRPP.

They're currently phasing out their old QB and it's quite obvious Lynn doesn't trust Rivers to throw the ball. The game plan against Denver was so god awful...Run...run...pass on third and long, punt. I've never seen a coach so adament about not throwing the football.

And they fucking suck at it.

At one point in that Miami game Melvin Gordon had 6 carries for 0 yards and a TD. No, that's not a typo.

That Chargers/Dolphins game i watched yesterday might be the worst game i'll watch all season. Talk about ineptitude.....

That high flying Chargers passing game is dead. DEAD.

Remember the way Herm Edwards came in and dismantled an aging but effective offense?

Yeah that's what Anthony Lynn is doing to the Chargers, just swap Green for Rivers.

Eleazar
09-18-2017, 05:13 PM
They suck.

Next

Halfcan
09-18-2017, 05:22 PM
The only scrambling ability Rivers has is to step up in the pocket- only now he will be stepping right into the back of his O line as Jones, Bailey, and Logan are pushing them like a blocking sled.

This might be a 5- 8 sack day for the Chiefs.

Kiimo
09-18-2017, 05:47 PM
A bunch of Chiefs fans are going to the game.

Look at this shit.

https://i.imgur.com/ZbeHWy8.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-18-2017, 05:50 PM
A bunch of Chiefs fans are going to the game.

Look at this shit.

https://i.imgur.com/ZbeHWy8.jpg

ROFL When you can sit at home next to a fridge full of beer and a pisser

Kiimo
09-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Chargers sure are ingratiating themselves to the LA market that actively hates them. This is why they can't sell out a soccer stadium. Tone deaf as f.

Direckshun
09-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Reasons for me to feel some concern about this game:

1. letdownletdownletdownletdownletdown THIS IS A CLASSIC LETDOWN GAME. We all know that so I'll move on.

2. Chargers offense. Assuming the Chargers can pull their heads out of their butts, their offense is super talented. The OL is competent, Rivers is Rivers, Melvin Gordon can actually run the ball well now, and they've still got a Hall of Fame tight end and Keenan Allen.

3. They could have an Eagles-esque passrush. They have probably the best pair of edge rushers in the NFL. They've still got Corey Liuget, and Brandon Mebane used to be an awesome nose tackle.

4. This isn't as big of a deal to me, but Verrett is an outstanding corner that can always make big plays. Alex Smith isn't one to overly challenge really good corners anyways, so this isn't too much of a weakness, but I really like Verrett a lot.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Reasons for me to feel some concern about this game:

1. letdownletdownletdownletdownletdown THIS IS A CLASSIC LETDOWN GAME. We all know that so I'll move on.

2. Chargers offense. Assuming the Chargers can pull their heads out of their butts, their offense is super talented. The OL is competent, Rivers is Rivers, Melvin Gordon can actually run the ball well now, and they've still got a Hall of Fame tight end and Keenan Allen.

3. They could have an Eagles-esque passrush. They have probably the best pair of edge rushers in the NFL. They've still got Corey Liuget, and Brandon Mebane used to be an awesome nose tackle.

4. This isn't as big of a deal to me, but Verrett is an outstanding corner that can always make big plays. Alex Smith isn't one to overly challenge really good corners anyways, so this isn't too much of a weakness, but I really like Verrett a lot.

Anthony Lynn is a not head coaching material. The Chargers looked like a poorly coached high school team on Sunday.

Verrett is out with injury and isn't likely to play this Sunday.

Their defense couldn't stop Jay Cutler or Trevor Siemian.

CaliforniaChief
09-19-2017, 02:56 PM
My only concern for this game is the crowd noise.

for the Chargers.

Arrowhead West

MahiMike
09-19-2017, 03:18 PM
This game scares me.

O.city
09-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Anthony Lynn is a not head coaching material. The Chargers looked like a poorly coached high school team on Sunday.

Their ol isn't very good from what I've noticed in the little I'd watched Sunday. They've got good pass rushers but Casey heyward looks like he's coming down to earth and verrett got hurt

JakeF
09-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Who is going to cover Keenan Allen?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Keenan Allen can have all the yards he wants. Just don't let Melvin Gordon get big yardage plays and that should force Phyllis into long passing situations. Feast.

New World Order
09-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Keenan Allen can have all the yards he wants. Just don't let Melvin Gordon get big yardage plays and that should force Phyllis into long passing situations. Feast.

No he can't.

JakeF
09-19-2017, 04:55 PM
If we keep giving up 1st down catches to Allen it's going to be a problem. Our defense will get tired, our offense will have to press due to lack of snaps.

KChiefs1
09-19-2017, 05:55 PM

You know the Chiefs will get their best shot.

Best22
09-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Who is going to cover Keenan Allen?

He's old and banged up. We better be able to cover him

Gadzooks
09-19-2017, 06:38 PM
He's old and banged up. We better be able to cover him

He's 25 and healthy, (for now). They better be able to cover him.

NJChiefsFan
09-19-2017, 06:48 PM

They still have the talent to overcome some of that. They've deserved a lot of what they've got but even with injuries they've been in a ton of games the last two years. They just have so many crushing losses. They have the talent to play KC close.

I would have to imagine Allen remembers the game against us when he got hurt. I would think he will be fired up. I still think KC wins but I would not be shocked to see Rivers and their pass rush do enough.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-19-2017, 06:55 PM
In my mind this game is a huge test to see where we're really at now. If we win this we are pretty much solid. The Chargers have a hell of a lot of talent.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-19-2017, 06:59 PM
One receiver isn't going to carry the Chargers to victory. I'm content with leaving Peters on an island with keenan allen and focusing on winning the battle in the trenches. If Phyllis gets 2nd and short plays, that's where they'll do the slaughtering.

The likelihood of the Chargers winning with Melvin getting 4ypc and > 80 yards is much higher than if Keenan Allen gets a 100 yard game and a few first downs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Ajayi and CJ Anderson averaged more than 4 ypc on this Chargers front 7.

Kareem Hunt is definitely getting fed the ball more than the 13 he got last game

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2017, 10:11 PM
They still have the talent to overcome some of that. They've deserved a lot of what they've got but even with injuries they've been in a ton of games the last two years. They just have so many crushing losses. They have the talent to play KC close.

I would have to imagine Allen remembers the game against us when he got hurt. I would think he will be fired up. I still think KC wins but I would not be shocked to see Rivers and their pass rush do enough.

Their talent is poor and their coaching is worse.

The Chiefs would have to shit themselves in order to lose and I mean, really, really shit the bed.

Rivers looks done.

RunKC
09-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Melvin Gordon-27 rushes/67 yards/2.48 YPC

Good God that's awful

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Melvin Gordon-27 rushes/67 yards/2.48 YPC

Good God that's awful

I watched the condensed game and my goodness Miami's DL looked awesome. Suh was an animal. And Cutler actually looked like he gave a shit for once at QB. Devante Parker was leaping over corners and snagging balls out of the air.

Chargers are going to be hungry for a win this Sunday

RaidersOftheCellar
09-20-2017, 09:55 AM
In my mind this game is a huge test to see where we're really at now. If we win this we are pretty much solid. The Chargers have a hell of a lot of talent.

People are underestimating them based on their record the last few years. They're relatively healthy for the first time in awhile and lost a few close games to playoff contenders. This isn't the Browns and I don't see a cakewalk.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Which D is better...Miami's or the Chiefs?

I don't follow Miami.

ModSocks
09-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Some of you are way overestimating the Chargers.

They've got two good pass rushers that WILL get theirs in Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa, but the rest of their LB's are JAGS at best.

Verrett is hurt (again) and won't play. Their safeties are meh.

They have a good 3-set of WR's but Lynn doesn't utilize them as he's forcing a square peg into a round hole, trying to turn that offense into a run first offense.

Melvin Gordon still has yet to crack 4.0 YPC and this is his 3rd season...and now he's with a coach that insists on running the ball.

This is not Norv Turner's high flying passing game anymore guys.

Again, remember Herm Edwards when he came in a wrecked Dick's "arena ball" offense?

Yeah, that's what's happening with Rivers and Lynn, 'cept Gordon is no Larry Johnson.

TulsaTime
09-20-2017, 10:50 AM
The Chargers aren't going to be able to stop Hill & Kelce, and very well may struggle with Hunt. BTW, I'm the newest Chiefs fan in the U.S.A., grew up with Chargers season tickets in San Diego, but can't support them anymore in L.A. (L.A. was always the enemy). I have always appreciated the Chiefs (and hated the Raiders and Broncos) mainly because of Lamar Hunt & the AFL, etc.. I've been to Arrowhead for the Chiefs / Chargers game every year since 2003 and thought it was the best NFL experience I've ever had, so I'm ditching the Bolts and rooting for the Chiefs now. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I can't stand L.A. and the team has let me down since 1973. I know it'll probably take time for anyone here to accept me, but I'll be at the game in December with my new Chiefs gear on! Ok, sorry for the novel. Beat the crap out of the Chargers!!!

milkman
09-20-2017, 10:54 AM
The Chargers aren't going to be able to stop Hill & Kelce, and very well may struggle with Hunt. BTW, I'm the newest Chiefs fan in the U.S.A., grew up with Chargers season tickets in San Diego, but can't support them anymore in L.A. (L.A. was always the enemy). I have always appreciated the Chiefs (and hated the Raiders and Broncos) mainly because of Lamar Hunt & the AFL, etc.. I've been to Arrowhead for the Chiefs / Chargers game every year since 2003 and thought it was the best NFL experience I've ever had, so I'm ditching the Bolts and rooting for the Chiefs now. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I can't stand L.A. and the team has let me down since 1973. I know it'll probably take time for anyone here to accept me, but I'll be at the game in December with my new Chiefs gear on! Ok, sorry for the novel. Beat the crap out of the Chargers!!!

I'd rather have a new fan whose team just abandoned him than some creepy ass that has an obsession for a mediocre player following him to this team.

Nirvana58
09-20-2017, 10:58 AM

That's awesome. Welcome aboard. Picked the perfect time to become a Chiefs fan. We have a very talented young team with a first round QB waiting in the wings that shows a lot of potential. After years of soul crushing because Chiefssss. There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. :D

TulsaTime
09-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys! I'm excited to cheer for a team that actually cares about their fans and is trying to put a winning team together. I've been crushed my whole life by those idiots. LOL Plus, as I said, Arrowhead is amazing, and I live less than 4 hours away!

ModSocks
09-20-2017, 11:12 AM
There's been a lot of Chief converts here in San Diego.

I hate it.

I enjoyed being the "bad guy". The lone Chiefs fan in a sea of blue.

Now everyone is jumping aboard the bandwagon.

One of my wife's childhood friends is now a "chiefs fan". My nephew is now a Chiefs fan. An old buddy came by the shop yesterday who was a Chargers fan, "HOW 'BOUT THEM CHIEFS!?".

Rain Man
09-20-2017, 11:12 AM

I would normally accuse you of bandwagoning, but I can see that you're a rational person in your choice of teams, and your old team abandoned you. Welcome to the club.

KChiefs1
09-20-2017, 11:16 AM

This is the type of game that the Chiefs usually lose even though they have dominated the AFC West the last few years.

Aspengc8
09-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Chargers will look to exploit KC's weaknesses on D- they will run right at Ford, and look to put pressure on Gains & Sorensen in coverage. Chiefs D should be able to get to rivers rushing just 4. I expect to see a large dose of Hunt/West on the ground this game. Tough road games you bring your run game & defense. I would run a lot more play-action than we saw last week.. more like the Pats game.

RickObie
09-20-2017, 11:58 AM

I hate it.

One of my wife's childhood friends is now a "chiefs fan". My nephew is now a Chiefs fan. An old buddy came by the shop yesterday who was a Chargers fan, "HOW 'BOUT THEM CHIEFS!?".

My wife and brother in law have converted over from the Chargers and I love it...it's nice to watch Chiefs games with the family and have us all rooting on the same team...Go Chiefs!!!

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Chargers will look to exploit KC's weaknesses on D- they will run right at Ford

Ford and Houston have been flip flopping sides in each of the first two games and Ford's tackling has improved.

The San Diego offensive line is garbage.

I expect Ford and Houston to wreak havoc on Russell Okung.

GayFrogs
09-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Has this been posted here yet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brutal. Chargers lose again on a missed FG, the second week* in a row. <a href="https://t.co/P8eY6KZZYj">pic.twitter.com/P8eY6KZZYj</a></p>&mdash; LeadingNFL ™ (@LeadingNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/LeadingNFL/status/909555502849310720">September 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've never seen a reaction like this to a home loss

Best22
09-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Eh, it's been awhile since they've seen #50

The last time Justin Houston played the Chargers, he had a pick six in a 33-3 rout in San Diego

Best22
09-20-2017, 02:01 PM

I hate it.

The more Chief fans, the better

If we win multiple Superbowls, you're gonna be surrounded by them anyway

Ming the Merciless
09-20-2017, 02:04 PM
I'd rather have a new fan whose team just abandoned him than some creepy ass that has an obsession for a mediocre player following him to this team.

this

1000 times this

you are very welcome here

Chiefshrink
09-20-2017, 02:06 PM

How do you get better when no one throws your way ? Oh yeah MP gets burnt by TH in practice on a regular basis so now KA will seem very lethargic to MP now, I get your logic here.:hmmm::D

Chiefshrink
09-20-2017, 02:13 PM

This.

Don't care that the actual Charger team outnumbers their fans sitting in the seats. This is still a divisional game which are always difficult and they have Rivers who more often than not always plays well against us and without Berry makes it even more difficult IMHO.

Halfcan
09-20-2017, 02:18 PM
I hope the Chiefs D. plays aggressive the entire game against the LA Carpetbaggers.

We should be able to stop their pitiful running game and get several turnovers from Cry Baby Rivers.

Sandy Vagina
09-20-2017, 02:26 PM
I hope the Chiefs D. plays aggressive the entire game against the LA Carpetbaggers.

We should be able to stop their pitiful running game and get several turnovers from Cry Baby Rivers.

Agreed. Rather see JHouston attacking Rivers from the start.. get him rattled.. make them adjust and then suffer for having to focus so much on JHouston.

I don't see why Sutton should let Rivers get comfortable early on. Slam dunk these fools by the half, and maybe people can get their wood on with Mahomos mopping up late in the 3rd. :)

Halfcan
09-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Agreed. Rather see JHouston attacking Rivers from the start.. get him rattled.. make them adjust and then suffer for having to focus so much on JHouston.

I don't see why Sutton should let Rivers get comfortable early on. Slam dunk these fools by the half, and maybe people can get their wood on with Mahomos mopping up late in the 3rd. :)

Exactly, Rivers will fumble or throw an interception when he gets rattled. This year we have the offense to turn those mistakes into points.

Sandy Vagina
09-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Exactly, Rivers will fumble or throw an interception when he gets rattled. This year we have the offense to turn those mistakes into points.

Now, please make Bob Sutton do our bidding!!!!!! :cuss:

JakeF
09-20-2017, 02:44 PM

I doubt it. When another team has a via deep threat Sutton doesn't attack, he pulls back. If Allen catches a deep pass we will rush 3 or 4 and drop everyone else back in coverage.

Halfcan
09-20-2017, 03:55 PM
I doubt it. When another team has a via deep threat Sutton doesn't attack, he pulls back. If Allen catches a deep pass we will rush 3 or 4 and drop everyone else back in coverage.

Which keeps the D. out there for long drives while putting extra stress on our secondary.

You have Baily, Logan, Jones, Ford and Houston that can put pressure from all angles. IMO Mr. Buttons should let the stallions run free. LA does not have the kind of O Line that can shut all five of these guys down an entire game.

Turnovers will happen.

JakeF
09-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Which keeps the D. out there for long drives while putting extra stress on our secondary.

You have Baily, Logan, Jones, Ford and Houston that can put pressure from all angles. IMO Mr. Buttons should let the stallions run free. LA does not have the kind of O Line that can shut all five of these guys down an entire game.

Turnovers will happen.I would like Sutton to be more aggressive too. I was just commenting about what I thought Sutton would do. Turning Houston loose more often throughout the game would help our secondary dramatically.

JakeF
09-20-2017, 04:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mitch Morse is the only guy who won&#39;t practice today for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>, per Andy Reid.

</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/910546404564598785">September 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
Dee Ford, Parker Ehinger and Reggie Ragland were all limited at practice today.

Sandy Vagina
09-20-2017, 04:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mitch Morse is the only guy who won&#39;t practice today for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>, per Andy Reid.

Dee Ford, Parker Ehinger and Reggie Ragland were all limited at practice today for the #Chiefs. </p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/910546404564598785">September 20, 2017</a></blockquote>

NICE

I feel like we are getting Ehinger back at the right time. No offense, Witz. You are showing some promise as a worthy starting candidate... but the depth is obviously needed with Morse on the shelf a bit.

Kiimo
09-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Well and Berry :/

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Our Defense is 29th in yards allowed and 25th in points.

Chargers are 21st in yards allowed and 17th in points

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2017, 05:23 PM

</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/910546404564598785">September 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
Dee Ford, Parker Ehinger and Reggie Ragland were all limited at practice today.

Hell, I've noticed Dee Ford being limited during actual games for a 3rd year now

Best22
09-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Which D is better...Miami's or the Chiefs?

I don't follow Miami.

Our Defense is 29th in yards allowed and 25th in points.

Chargers are 21st in yards allowed and 17th in points

Chargers did not play the Patriots and Eagles

KChiefs1
09-20-2017, 07:57 PM
https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=106528

NJChiefsFan
09-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Their talent is poor and their coaching is worse.

The Chiefs would have to shit themselves in order to lose and I mean, really, really shit the bed.

Rivers looks done.

I agree with the coaching.

I don't agree about the talent. Rivers can still play imo. Henry is a good TE. Good WR's. Very good CBs and very good DE's.

I don't expect KC to lose. It is however a division game and that alone, in any division, makes it a possibility. SD has enough talent and KC plays down to opponents often enough where I am not penciling this game in just yet. I could very easily see Smith getting hit and jittery like he did last week.

Best22
09-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Chiefs play better on the road. If this was in Arrowhead, I'd be more worried

Chiefs by 14

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2017, 08:15 PM
I agree with the coaching.

I don't agree about the talent. Rivers can still play imo. Henry is a good TE. Good WR's. Very good CBs and very good DE's.

I don't expect KC to lose. It is however a division game and that alone, in any division, makes it a possibility. SD has enough talent and KC plays down to opponents often enough where I am not penciling this game in just yet. I could very easily see Smith getting hit and jittery like he did last week.

Meh, the Chargers are the least talented team in the division.

And with Verrett out, their corners are average at best.

Sd760
09-20-2017, 08:47 PM

straight bandwagoner.

RippedmyFlesh
09-20-2017, 09:16 PM
https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=106528

Low expectations

I get that we got over 105 decibel levels multiple times yesterday, but it was only AFTER big plays.

Halfcan
09-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Low expectations

I get that we got over 105 decibel levels multiple times yesterday, but it was only AFTER big plays.

This idiot thinks 105 Decibels is Loud for a stadium? :rolleyes:

The World Record Holders at Arrowhead say hi.

JoeyChuckles
09-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys! I'm excited to cheer for a team that actually cares about their fans and is trying to put a winning team together. I've been crushed my whole life by those idiots. LOL Plus, as I said, Arrowhead is amazing, and I live less than 4 hours away!

Shhhhh nobody tell her/him.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Meh, the Chargers are the least talented team in the division.

And with Verrett out, their corners are average at best.

I just now saw that Verrett is still dealing with knee issues. That is a major loss for them, especially against us.

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2017, 11:35 AM
I just now saw that Verrett is still dealing with knee issues. That is a major loss for them, especially against us.

I'd much rather the missing Charger be an equally good DL vs CB.

Smith doesn't really care who he's throwing against.. but he sure does care about the front pressure busting through. Liuget, Mebane, and Bosa are gonna be an issue all day, I fear.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2017, 11:42 AM

Smith doesn't really care who he's throwing against.. but he sure does care about the front pressure busting through. Liuget, Mebane, and Bosa are gonna be an issue all day, I fear.

Yeah, Bosa's 8 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2 games should put fear in any team.

:rolleyes:

Good fucking god.

Liuget has 1 tackle this season.

ModSocks
09-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Yeah, Bosa's 8 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2 games should put fear in any team.

:rolleyes:

Good ****ing god.

Liuget has 1 tackle this season.

Bosa is the real deal and i believe he will get home at least once or twice on sunday, regardless of what he's done to this point through 2 games. He's still the guy who had almost 11 sacks through 12 games as a rookie last year.

Much like any good player, they're poised to break out at any moment.

With that said, he still doesn't worry me.

ModSocks
09-21-2017, 11:47 AM

Bosa and Ingram. Liuget hasn't done shit since he's been paid and Mebane is more of run stopper these days, not a pass rusher.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Bosa is the real deal and i believe he will get home at least once or twice on sunday, regardless of what he's done to this point through 2 games. He's still the guy who had almost 11 sacks through 12 games as a rookie last year.

Much like any good player, they're poised to break out at any moment.

With that said, he still doesn't worry me.

Sure, and I mentioned earlier that Bosa and Ingram will likely put some pressure on Smith and maybe get a sack or two but the Chargers front 7, and even their secondary, is nothing like what the Chiefs faced last Sunday in the Eagles.

Jim Schwartz is a bad ass coordinator, too. Gus Bradley hasn't had a good defense, despite an enormous amount of talent in Jax, since his days in Seattle.

KChiefs1
09-21-2017, 03:32 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/chargers-podcast/id1268765985?mt=2&i=392549859

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Bosa and Ingram. Liuget hasn't done shit since he's been paid and Mebane is more of run stopper these days, not a pass rusher.

Hope you are right, of course, but we'll see whether they bring the intensity this weekend.

I don't follow the Bolts closely, but if motivated, guys like Liuget and Mebane can abuse our interior OL. The edge rush is nothing to sneer at, right.. though I guess their ILBs can be exploited by us.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Hope you are right, of course, but we'll see whether they bring the intensity this weekend.

I don't follow the Bolts closely, but if motivated, guys like Liuget and Mebane can abuse our interior OL. The edge rush is nothing to sneer at, right.. though I guess their ILBs can be exploited by us.

Reid has shit to counter all that crap. Just look at the jet sweep Kelce up the gut play. This week Hill gets that handoff though. Hills way past due for a big play.

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Reid has shit to counter all that crap. Just look at the jet sweep Kelce up the gut play. This week Hill gets that handoff though. Hills way past due for a big play.

Encouragement makes me :) ... hope you're on the money here.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2017, 05:01 PM
I don't follow the Bolts closely, but if motivated, guys like Liuget and Mebane can abuse our interior OL.

Bull fucking shit

BryanBusby
09-21-2017, 05:06 PM
What the fuck is Liuget gonna do for them? Dude forgot it's Jacksonville where you go to cash in and coast.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2017, 06:39 PM
I just rewatched the Chargers / Dolphins game. I think our Defense will be fine. The thing that stood out to me is their defense plays fast and seems to be quick at diagnosing plays and getting Linebackers and safetys going to the ball. They seem to swarm fast.

We need to open them up with several deep shots .

KChiefs1
09-21-2017, 08:05 PM
http://trendeetalk.com/the-darkest-saddest-place-in-sports-a-los-angeles-chargers-home-game-13/